U.S.S. Atlantis - 11409.24, Mission #1018

"Azure-Te"


 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: piloting the crush can down on a third trip, now equipped with a magnetic grappler launcher and a balloon ::

 

<SCI_Cdt_TLira>

:: remotely checking crush can programming, making sure that they're all operating at top efficiency ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: stil sitting at the helm since its displays are much nicer than his chair arm ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Is working on one of the remaining cans::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: watching the readouts from the station anxiously as they continue to be buffetted by the storm ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: is sitting in her chair, quite used to Blackthorne jumping on Helm ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Wright, get Miraak on the horn and let him know what's about to happen.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: enters the storm once again, the can feeling sturdy as ever ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO: Aye, Sir. *Miraak*  Atlantis to Telthis.  Come in, Miraak.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

::Comes up behind Ilaihr, and glances over the can:: ENG: Just this one and number 11, Ensign.  What's the status here?

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: monitors can progress ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: that one steam pipe blows up again, is now used to it ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Cuts his finger as he attaches the grappler unit:: Grappler: Ow, bad grappler, no biting. ENG: Nearly done sir.

 

<SCI_Cdt_TLira>

:: notices that one of the cans has developed a glitch that could affect propulsion if left unattended, so she writes a quick patch and transmits it ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: fights the buffeting winds and actually takes about half a second to admire the inside of the storm clouds, a view few get to see in a gas giant ::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

Miraak>

::Replies after a moment, but broken and full of static:: *CSO* Barely re...ntis!  Storm's cau...ference.  Good news?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: fleetingly wishes that these things had a few more science instruments, but presses on, admiring the lightning display ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

*Miraak* Yes, good news. We have ships en route to launch balloons with grapplers at Telthis.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

::Decides to hold off on mentioning the finger a moment, given it seems minor.::  ENG: Good, good.  Let me give you a hand.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: continues descending, watching the pressure gauge, since altitude would be irrelevant ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CEO: I you wish sir. My back is starting to creak, and this one may need a little bit of welly to go on properly.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: signals the other crush cans to spread out a bit more as the winds pick up ::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Recalls dimly overhearing Ilaihr using that term before.  He didn't catch what it's supposed to mean, but after nodding blankly a few times, he figures he more or less gets it by context. ::Sure.  Sounds good.  In that case, I can finish up here.  Get that finger seen to, and then by all means, go stretch a bit.  

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: finds the station on sensors and squints through the roiling clouds to get a visual ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: slows down and flies ever closer to the sensor image, trying to find it ::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

Miraak>

*CSO* -rd the yes!  Good luck, and...ou!

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CEO: Oh, its only a little cut Lieutenant, nothing to worry about, I had worse on Betty.  And I cant just go now, we are in the final stages, its vital we have all hands on deck sir.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CEO: Not to countermand you sir.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

*Miraak* Telthis, if you can receive this transmission, we are about to attach the balloons.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: checks Atlantis's systems out of habit ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: signals the other crush cans to stand by as she flies around surveying the top of the station ::

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Nods over toward the far wall. :: You'll find a med kit over there, with a dermal regenerator.  It'll take you a full minute at most.  The engineer to can ratio at this point is weighted enough in our favor that we can afford it.  Go.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

(^ENG)

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: verifies the proper attach points are intact after cross-referencing the station schematics with the pre-determined targeting data and current sensor data, augmented by visual confirmation ::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

Miraak>

*NAV* Works better at this range!  Let us know if we can assist!  Vested interest and all.

 

<SCI_Cdt_TLira>

:: continues patching potentially faulty codes in the cans ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

*Miraak* Everything looks good out here. Stand by.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CTO: Very well sir. ::Walks over to the medkit, removes the dermal regenerator and begins healing the cut::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: signals the other crush cans to form up and assigns targeting points ::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: All the same, he looks about a moment, and finds a pair of sturdy utility gloves and pulls them on before grabbing a hold of the partially attached grappler assembly. :: Price, Welby, gimme a hand with this!  

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: engages her targeting sensors and lines up the shot, holding the crush can as steady as possible ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Just one shot... do not miss.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: watches limited sensor readings as the crush cans approach ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::The cogs in Ilaihr head turn as he stares at the beam thats heaing the cut:: Self: Bubblegram....BUBBLEGRAM!!

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

Bridge:  The crush cans are in range to take their shots.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Runs over to the Lieutenant, dermal regenerator in hand:: CEO: Lieutenant, how is the idea of the convection current coming do you know, has it been abandoned, or has it been shelved as plan B?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: hits the fire button, and watches the grappler go sailing ::

 

ACTION>

The grappler flies true and hits its target, latching on firmly! After a signal from Harper, the other crush cans fire their shots, one by one, and they all hit their marks.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: lets out a breath she'd been holding ::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Answers through gritted teeth as the three gold shirts wrestle the thing into place.  Turns out it needs a good bit of "welly" due to a somewhat scratched up section of crush can huill, but it soon gives way and clicks as it ought to. ::  ENG: I think they're waiting to see what the balloons do on their own first.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CEO: Good, I hope it works and my idea isnt needed. But I have an idea how to implement a convection current if it doesnt work. The answer is bubblegram!

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

*CrushCans* Form up on your balloons and begin gas transport.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Steps back and wipes a bit of sweat from his forehead with the back of his sleeve::  Heard something about torpedoes in case we need altitude fast, and something else in the works as a slow and gentle approach.  You'd have to ask the Colonel about the specifics.  Also, prep for launch.  Wave 2 is a go.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: flies up next to hers, targets with the meager transporter, and engages the beam ::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

ENG: Also also...what?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

*Miraak* The balloons are attached. We are beginning to fill them.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CEO: 3D crystal engraving, also known as vitrography. It was a 21st century art from Earth. Using intersecting lasers at specific points, you could create an image within glass or plastic by creating heat and photonic excitation within the substance.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

Miraak>

*NAV* Glad to hear it.  The station's holding up better than we are, but we've registered a couple of minor hull breaches on the outer decks.  Structural cross-braces are holding for now, and they've been sealed, but we're about ready for a change of scenery.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: can't quite tell on sensors if the crush cans have connected, but she notices the transport ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CEO: We have a fleet of shuttles outside; with a minor modification to their phaser arrays, we could create a similar effect within a fluid.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

*Miraak* Would you like to ride up in a crush can?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: dashes off a quick communique to Atlantis, text only, that the balloons are attached and are beginning to be filled :

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

*Bridge* The balloons are beginning the filling process.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

Miraak>

*CSO* Only if there's one available for on this trip for our tech as well.  Telthis wouldn't have made it up even this far without him.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Excellent. We should see some altitude change shortly.

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

(assuming that was meant for me) *Miraak* Yes, we have several cans out here and more coming.

 

ACTION>

Wave two of the crush cans launch, clearing the bay.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

ENG: Really vaguely rings a bell, not that art was one of my specialties.  Theoretically, it's an interesting idea.  But think of the range we're talking about.  Our shuttles can't get anywhere near there without extensive reinforcement.  We can probably manage the heat, but I'm less sold on the precision.  Especially given the beam power we're talking about.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

ENG: ::Frowns a bit as he thinks on it.  Whether it works as envisioned or not in the end, it's bad practice to say "no" to an idea. ::  Of course, that's why we run simulations.  Once we're done with this, I'm willing to release you to look into it until we get a new task that requires the manpower.

 

ACTION>

The balloons slowly begin to rise off the top of the station...

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CEO: Aye sir, I'll keep the idea in my head for a moment. ::Looks at the dermal regenerator:: My finger is now nicely healed. With wave two away, what are my orders?

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

ENG: How's the back?

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

Miraak>

*NAV* In that case, yes.  Once the room can be spared, I'll gladly accept the ride, then consider myself well and truly off shift.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

*Miraak* Stand by for transport.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CEO: Ah, it'll be fine, as long as I dont do anything stupid.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: signals another crush can to form up for close range transport of a passenger ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: has all the crush cans pause transport simultaneously as to not unbalance the station, then flies up next to the hull and locks on to Miraak ::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

ENG: Well, over-exertion is kind of stupid.  And for the next few minutes, it's up to the pilots.  So, take 5.  Then find a computer terminal, and get me a computer model of...Plan Bubblegram by 1630.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: energizes ::

 

ACTION>

Miraak and the nameless tech are beamed aboard crush cans.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Welcome aboard. It is a bit cramped, but certainly sturdy enough. :: flies back to her balloon, as does the other can with the tech aboard, and gives the signal for all to resume filling ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Nods:: CEO: Aye sir. ::Walks over to a free computer terminal, and stretches his back::

 

ACTION>

Wave two of the crush cans arrive, and are directed to their designated target points.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

Bridge:  Wave two is onsite now.

 

ACTION>

As the filling continues, the station starts to move upwards, just a little bit....

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: keeps the transport running, while keeping the can as steady as possible despite the buffeting winds ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: signals wave two to fire their grapplers, one at a time ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Begins trying to calculate how PLAN BUBBLEGRAM will work, if it is needed, and what how the shuttles phasers need to be modified::

 

ACTION>

Wave two's grapplers all hit, and they begin filling.

 

ACTION>

The station begins to rise as the extra balloons get enough gas to offset their weight, and continue to fill.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: scrutinizes sensors ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: fights the controls to maintain position, the balloon almost full ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

Bridge:  I believe... yes, Telthis is rising!

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

*CrushCans* Stop transport in 3... 2.... 1... mark.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: cuts the gas ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: looks up :: Excellent! Any data on rate or stabilization?

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  Not yet.  I believe the second wave is still filling balloons, at the very least.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: signals the wave one crush cans to form up with the wave two cans, and join in filling those balloons ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: flies up next to a new balloon, finds a relatively stable patch of air for a hover, and waits for the rest of the cans to form up to a new balloon ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: signals them to engage transport, and the new balloons begin filling twice as fast ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Removes his spectacles and massages his eyes, as numbers and mathematical equations scroll across the screen:: Self: I should payed more attention to maths at the Vulcan monestary.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: sees the balloons are almost full, now having to apply upward motion to keep relative position to the station :: *CrushCans* Cut transport in 3, 2, 1, mark.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

That is everything. :: signals the cans to return to Atlantis ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: texts Atlantis again that the job is done ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

Bridge:  They're finished filling the balloons and are on their way back.

 

ACTION>

The station begins to move upward, more significantly now.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: breathes a small sigh ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: starts a climb, with a passenger once more ::

 

<SCI_Cdt_TLira>

:: sees that the cans are returning and gives a silent thanks to whomever might be listening that nothing went wrong ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Checks the situational update on the the crush cans and the station, and smiles:: Self: We just might make it.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: climbs above the storm and signals Atlantis :: *Atlantis* Atlantis, Firefly, mission accomplished. We are bravo zulu and requesting landing clearance.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: takes a good look at the rising station ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

*Firefly*  Great job, you are clear to land in the order of your discretion.  Come on home.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

*Atlantis* Roger that. :: gets in visual range of Atlantis and heads for the shuttlebay ::

 

ACTION>

The crush cans file back into the bay.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

*XO* :: quietly :: No hands lost.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

*CO*

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM

 


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage