U.S.S. Bremen - 11409.18, Mission #26

"Overhaul"


<GM_Aoibhe>

USS Bremen Stardate 114079.18 Mission # 26



<GM_Aoibhe>

Overhaul, Part 1.



<GM_Aoibhe>

The Bremen is still in orbit around Skellig, the scene of their last mission, awaiting a rendezvous with an escort craft who will be taking the senior staff back to Earth. A support crew is scheduled to replace them, to bring the Bremen to the nearest starbase for a complete overhaul of ship systems.



<GM_Aoibhe>

The escort craft also has a new computer core that will replace the Bremen's current one.



<GM_Aoibhe>

We join the crew as they wait...



<GM_Aoibhe>

<<<Begin>>>



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::sits in his Ready Room, quietly going over reports::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::sits in the crew lounge, silently nursing a beer as he watches Skellig down below::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::flexes his nose which still feels a bit numb but the Doctor said it would take a few days for the nerves to heal properly::



<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::moves into the lounge, looking worse for wear; he hadn't been seen much lately, and he ignores the looks he gets as he makes his way to a corner booth::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

<ENG_Lt_Reed>*CEO*: Chief, the computer core removal simulations have gone perfectly. We have the report for you if you want to review it?



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::taps his commbadge three times to put it on silent and takes another sip of his beer::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::nods to Henry over the brim of his glass::



<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::slumps into the booth and rubs his eyes; he spots Tony and returns the nod::



<GM_Aoibhe>

<ENG_Lt_Reed>

*CEO*: Chief? ::tries to contact him again, but gets a bounce-back::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::removes his commbadge as is keeps vibrating and sneaks it onto the tray of a passing waiter::



<GM_Aoibhe>

<ENG_Lt_Reed>

::wipes her hands on a cloth and stands up:: Computer: Location of Commander Adalberto



ACTION: CO's console starts to flicker



<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::orders a scotch from the table menu::



<OPS_Ens_Mor>

*CO* Captain, we are receiving an incoming hail from the Belligerent sir, care to take it on the bridge or your ready room?



<GM_Aoibhe>

<Computer>

ENG: Commander Adalberto is in the lounge.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::stands up with his beer, his gait showing sign of inebriation as he heads over to Henry's booth and slumps down opposite him::



<GM_Aoibhe>

<ENG_Lt_Reed>

::stomps off to the lounge::



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::looks up from his console with a quiet sigh:: *OPS*: Put it through here, Ensign.



<OPS_Ens_Mor>

::Patches comms through to ready room::



<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

::drags a packed bag with her into the lounge, face buried in something to read. or pretending to read, anyway::



ACTION: a somewhat familiar face appears on CO's screen, flickering in and out of view.



<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::manages a brief smile:: CEO: Been here a while?



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CTO: When did it open? ::grins::



<GM_Aoibhe>

<Capt_Suder>

*CO*: Griffiths. Good to see you're well. ::voice is clipped, she's wearing a black uniform, her hair pulled back into a tight braid::



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::frowns slightly, wondering when that harpy got a ship of her own again - and whether it was named for her or by her :: *Suder*: Suder. Long time no see.



<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::nods to the waitress as she delivers his scotch; he takes a sip:: CEO: Here we are again, huh?



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::sips of his beer and nods::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CTO: How are you man?



<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::shrugs some:: CEO: I'm alright, for someone who's probably going to prison. I'm actually kinda surprised they let me out of the brig.



<Capt_Suder>

::quirks a brief smile and a nod:: *CO*: We're about... five minutes out, Rhodri.. ::glances behind her and nods to a crew member:: *CO*: We have accommodation for you and your crew, can't say there's a lot of room on board, but... ::shrugs:: *CO*: Have your crew prep for transport.



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::nods:: *Suder*: We'll be ready. Griffiths out. ::flicks off the comm with a thumb, and opens up a shipwide announcement::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CTO: Meh, you were affected like all of us man. They know that. ::takes a swig::



ACTION: CO's console flashes on, off, on and off again, fizzes and burns out.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CTO: I'm the one who infected the crew.



<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::grins some, taking another sip, not so sure that he was all that affected:: CEO: It's not the worst thing you've done to us. ::he motions towards Tony's face:: How's the, uh... thing.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CTO: What's that supposed to mean?



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::pulls his hand away with a sigh, wondering when exactly his ship became so run down - it was only a few months out of spacedock. Tapping his comm badge instead, he connected with OPS:: *OPS*: Ensign, put out a ship wide to all senior officers - Everyone is to report to their designated transporter rooms for disembarkation to the Belligerent.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CTO: And I'm not talking about the damn nose.



<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::laughs some, setting his drink down:: CEO: I was gonna come up with something witty, but I'm a little light on sleep.



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::picks up a PADD and goes back to reading his reports::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::shakes his head:: CTO: Sorry man....just. Past mistakes have just been haunting me recently.



<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::frowns some, giving a nod:: CEO: Sorry. For what it's worth, I don't blame you; those spores were nasty business. It was probably just a matter of time before they got out.

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Jameson grabs her tricorder from her office desk, and heads to the Transporter room, post haste::



<Capt_Suder>

::stands on her bridge:: Self: Well, that was a little abrupt... ::signals to her crew to hail Bremen OPS again::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CTO: Well they blame me, and they're right to. ::takes another swig of his beer::



<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::shrugs again:: CEO: It's not like you killed anyone, Tony.



<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Finally reaches the transporter room, having tucked her tricorder away, and patting her hair back into position::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CTO: I almost killed my whole staff Henry.



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::puts the PADD back down on his desk, opening the draw instead and pulling out a few essentials, tucking them about his person before standing up::



<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

::settles at the bar, bag tucked neatly by her feet, sagging. very hard not to face-plant right into her padd with a groan::



ACTION: CO's console starts to smoke. The lights in his Ready Room dim considerably, and music begins to play.



<OPS_Ens_Mor>

*CO* Captain, erm you seem to have lost transmission with the Belligerent...I've fixed the issue, hehe, shall I patch her through?



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

<aOPS>

*Bremen*: This is a Shipwide announcement from the Captain. All senior staff report to your designated transporter rooms for disembarkation.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::sighs as he hears the announcement, then grabs his beer and downs the rest of it::



<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::smirks some, giving air quotes:: CEO: 'Almost.' Shit, signing up for this job in the first place pretty much counts as 'almost' dying. ::leaned forward, staring a Tony:: Someone was going to open that probe, Tony. If it weren't for you, people might *actually* have died.



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

*OPS*: I'm fairly sure she heard me say 'Griffiths out.", feel free to acknowledge the comm with a standard response and tell her we're prepped for departure. Also get an engineering team up here to look at my console.



<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

::groans and sags harder:: Self: Already...?



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CTO: Tell that to the Captain. ::stands up, both hands on the table:: But thanks.



<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Looks around the Transporter room, noting she was the only one there, and then hearing the shipwide, realising she was early::



<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::downs his scotch, wincing slightly, before standing as well:: CO: I'll be sure to tell him right after he testifies.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::chuckles::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

SCI: Hey, kid. Let's go, you're too young to drink anyway.



ACTION: The music in the CO's Ready Room turns romantic, violins, swirling flutes...



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::ignores the music and walks out of the door::



ACTION: Ready Room door doesn't open



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::heads for the exit::



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::sighs softly:: Computer: Computer, activate program Griffiths Beta Four. Site to site transport from my current location to the Bridge.



<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

::startles, nearly dropping the bag she'd just hefted up:: CEO: Oh, ha, no, I'm just--that was a joke, right. Sorry. I'm a little distracted, sir. ::follows the officers out::



<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Starts tapping her thigh, slightly impatiently::



<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

SCI: Join the club, Ensign. ::heads for his transporter room, his bag already waiting::



ACTION: Computer chirps in acknowledgement, CO disappears in a shimmer of blue... and appears in a café in Paris.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::burps softly, blowing the stench of beer out of his nose and waving his hand to clear the air as he makes way to the Turbolift::



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::glances around with a touch of wonder:: Computer: Computer, exit.



<OPS_Ens_Mor>

Chuckles to himself and jokes to the bridge crew after registering the site to site transport Bridge: Its so hard to find a good door nowadays huh



ACTION: The holodeck arch appears to the side of the café, near the table that a silver-haired woman is sitting sipping a coffee.



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::glances for a moment at the silver-haired lady, a touch of recognition on his mind. Why was someone programing the holodeck with her image?:: Computer: End program. ::walks out of the arch::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::holds the TL doors:: CTO/SCI: Are you two coming?



ACTION:: Programme ends, the silver-haired lady looking around in surprise before she disappears



<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

::steps in gingerly:: CEO: What do you think is going to happen?



<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Wishes she had picked up the PADD she'd been reading before she'd rushed out:::



<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::steps onto the TL, acting like he hadn't been checking out the Ensign::



ACTION: The Belligerent appears off the Bremen's port bow, it's tiny size dwarfed by the much larger Bremen.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

SCI: Demotion. For you, nothing. You saved the day kiddo. ::softly nudges her shoulder::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

TL: Transporter room



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::briefly thinks about investigating the program author, practically everyone onboard had met her so it'd be a long list - but the computer core was being wiped within the month, the program likely wouldn't survive::



<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

SCI: Demtion and/or prison.



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::steps into a Turbolift:: TL: Transporter Room 2.



<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

::adjusts her bag nervously:: CEO: Is that what you were told...



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

SCI: It's what I know. Experience you see. ::looks at Henry:: We've done this before.



ACTION: The lights in the CO's TL begin to flash, but it brings him nonetheless to the correct floor.



<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Looks around herself again, wondering where everyone else is::



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::sighs softly, a little perturbed at the state of things as he steps out and begins walking along the corridor::



<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

CTO: They can't demote you. Well, they COULD, but you're not at fault for anything that happened. Even the...thing on the bridge.



<Capt_Suder>

*OPS*: You can begin transport at your end, Ensign... er... Mor.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::makes an awkward face::



<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::gives a warm smile:: SCI: That might explain the phaser. I'm not exactly sure why I drew it. But the insubordination was willful, Ensign, I assure you.



<OPS_Ens_Mor>

:::Engages transport:::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::walks out of the TL as it opens on the correct deck::



ACTION: Bremen senior staff begin to step onto the Transporter pad, taking them to the much smaller Defiant class Belligerent.



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::walks along the corridor, stepping into the quiet transporter room and up onto the pad with a nod to the chief:: TR_Chief: Whenever you're ready.



<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Steps onto a pad, to get transported::



<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::makes his way to the transporter room, grabbing his bag and heading for the pad::



<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

CTO: I don't think anyone's very surprised by THAT, sir. ::makes her way to the transporter room and up onto the pad::



ACTION: XO is transported to the Belligerent's bridge.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::heads into the Transporter room and hops onto the pad as soon as the others disappear::



<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::laughs at the comment:: SCI: Reputations are fun.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::laughs::

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

@::Immediately feels a familiar mind as she transports, and turns around to smile at the source::



<Capt_Suder>

@::smiles at XO:: XO: Anya. ::nods her head in a clipped greeting.::



<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

@Suder: Kesh. I've missed you



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

@::steps off the transporter pad with a headache and makes his way to the turbolift:: TL: Deck 5, crew quarters.



ACTION: Transporter chief has difficulty transporting CO off the Bremen. Transport takes longer than expected, leaving CO dizzy on to opposite end.



ACTION: CTO, CEO and SCI transport to the Belligerent's bridge



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::turns to look around, noticing he's on a Defiant class Bridge::



<Capt_Suder>

::waves to her transporter chief to start sending the Bremen relief crew over and to grab the Bremen's OPS while he's at it.::



<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::sighs softly, smiling at the bridge before turning around:: All: Ahh, gorgeous... ::his eyes widen when he sees the ship's CO:: Suder: ... You're shitting me.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::looks at Suder and his mouth drops::



<Capt_Suder>

::stands in the middle of her bridge, looking over her old crew:: ALL: Welcome, everyone.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::leans in:: CTO: Kill me now.



<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Looks at the two men just transported, and grins:: Suder: Looks like I'm the only one happy to see you.



<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::ignores Tony and steps forward, wrapping Suder in a big hug:: Suder: This almost makes going to prison worth it.



<Capt_Suder>

::chuckles at CTO, returning his hug with a pat on the back:: CTO: You look like hell.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::looks at the two hugging and shakes his head::



<Capt_Suder>

XO: I get that a lot. ::smirks:: ALL: As soon as your Ensign Mor is aboard we'll get going. It seems my job is to keep an eye on you lot til we reach Earth. ::frowns at CEO:: ALL: On this small a ship, I hope that won't be impossible...



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CO: Kesh?



ACTION: OPS joins the rest of the Bremen crew on the Belligerent.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::notices her lack of a proper Starfleet uniform::



<Capt_Suder>

CEO: Captain Suder.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CO: That answered my question.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::turns to the Operations officer:: B_OPS: Crew quarters?



<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::steps back, a genuine grin on his face:: CO: Odd, given that I feel like shit.



<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Smiles, surprisingly happy, watching the senior crew interact with their old Captain, and her best friend::



<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

::manages a little smile at the affection:: XO: Seems this could have gone much worse.



<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Keeps the smile on her face:: ~Suder: Is this going to be as painful as I anticipate?



<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

SCI: It's a nice surprise, in view of the circumstances



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::nods as the Trill gives him the information and heads for the Turbolift and steps in:: TL: Deck 5.



<Capt_Suder>

~XO: Probably... ::looks around:: ALL: Get settled in. Crewman Yosaf Bridge here will see you to your shared quarters. ::turns to her helm:: Helm: Take us out.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::as the TL doors close and the lift starts descending he lets out an angry shout and starts punching the wall::



<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::moves towards the turbolift, still facing Suder and pointing:: Suder: We're catching up later, right?



<Capt_Suder>

CTO: I insist upon it, Henry. Mess Hall, later. ::smiles and turns back to her work::



<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Readjusts the bag over her shoulder, and looks over to Bridge to get her quarters::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::lets out a deep breath and covers his bloody hand as the lift stops and storms out towards his assigned quarters::

ACTION: The Belligerent peels away from the Bremen's side and slides off into the dark.



<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Heads off to her quarters::



<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

::moves toward the TL with CTO:: CTO: So. Details? I assume this means we can rely on her to be on our side? I might be one of the only people who doesn't know Captain Suder already.



<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::steps onto the TL eventually:: SCI: You recall a bunch of us coming over from the Hooke? Suder was the Hooke's CO, and a lot of us served with her for a while before that. Some of us are friends, others... not as much.



<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Gets to the quarters, and grabs herself a berth, by throwing her pack onto the floor, and sprawling across it::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::crawls into the top bunk and massages his bruised knuckles::



<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

SCI: As for sides... I think, at best, she'll be a character witness for some of us.



<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

CTO: So maybe not as happy-go-lucky as things seem on the outside, the whole possible demotion/prison thing aside. Got it.



<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::shakes his head, still smiling:: SCI: Oh, no. This is the calm before the storm, Ensign.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::opens his jacket and removes the silver flask with the Starfleet emblem on front, a graduation present from his dad, then takes a long sip of the whiskey stored within::



<Capt_Suder>

<<<Pause>>>




© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage