U.S.S. Atlantis - 11409.17, Mission #1017

"Azure-Te"


 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: on the bridge, reading through the PADD McKnight providing him on the saboteur and his motives ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: also on the Bridge, in her usual place, doing her usual thing ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: still waiting on "her" crush can to be fitted with grapplers ::

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

:: hears a chirp on his console and turns around to see what it is. It's one of the weekly specials reporting in with a new not-so-major injury from their activities on the Holodeck. Jorvan decides that this time, his staff can take care of it without his help.

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: though the thing handles like a truck, she's kinda getting attached to it ::

 

<SCI_Cdt_TLira>

:: is attempting to attach a grappler to a crush can while altering its firing sequencer codes just a touch ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Has rolled up his sleeves and is fiddling about trying to get the grappler module to attach to the crush can correctly::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: watching the engineers and others work on attaching the grapplers ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: walks up and has a closer look ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Notices Harper close in:: NAV: Greetings again. Enjoying the spectacle

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

ENG: Yes, quite. How... is the targeting on those?

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

NAV: They should be up to standard. Whatever standard is in this case. The ensign has worked hard getting the alignment correct, I have faith she has done an exemplary job.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

ENG: Alright, then. I shall try not to miss.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

NAV: I'm sure your aim is better than mine; I would have to aim to miss, and fail.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

ENG: Much like flying is missing the ground?

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

NAV: Exactly.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

ENG: So will we able to launch soon?

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: takes another look at the reports of the sensor array's condition ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: finishes the PADD from McKnight and puts it down ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::A loud clunk sounds out as he finishes attaching the grappler unit to the can:: NAV: I would hope so, but I'm not sure. Thats all very much up to the superiors and their exacting standards. With a delicate plan like we have, we need to get everything perfect.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: recalibrating the remaining sensors to compensate for the missing nodes ::

 

<SCI_Cdt_TLira>

:: finally finishes with her current grappler and runs a tricorder scan to double check its alignment ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

NAV: I do understand your need to get out there, theres nothing worse when you're born to fly and are stuck on the ground.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: nods :: ENG: Of course. :: anxious to get back out there ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

ENG: Exactly. It is like your wings are flipped.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Attaching a second module to the can:: NAV: I had the same problem when I went to the academy. I'd spent 80 years in space, and hadn't spent more than a week or two planet side in that time.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

NAV: Consecutively of course.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: smiles :: ENG: I can see how that would take some adapting.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: leans over and looks over T'Kirr's shoulder :: You know, I'm really glad it's the deflector and not the slipstream drive itself that's the issue.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

Indeed. If we weren't so near the gas giant, I would have recommended already sending a team to repair it.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::The grappler module arbitrarily gets stuck. Picks up a hypospanner and whacks it into place:: NAV: Its all the sitting still isnt it?

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

It would be possible with workbees, but still problematic in atmo. Not to mention the loss of our sensors for this rescue.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

ENG: I am used to it. Before becoming CAG, I was the beta shift CO. Lots of sitting around with a few frantic emergencies.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Grins as he looks up from a panel off behind Harper's cockpit, having just finished some modifications to the short range transporter.  It was a late idea of his, and has contributed to some of the delay, but it should be worth it. :: NAV: Well, I may not be the pilot you are, but enough so to appreciate what a pain in the ass it would be flying this

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

thing with a half full balloon dragging behind you.  Now, you can leave it empty until you actually get on site.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CEO: That would be ideal, thank you! The increasing pressure would shrink it as I descended anyway.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: runs a sensor sweep to test her modifications ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Finishes attaching the grappler to the can::  ENG: Sometimes I miss the days of frantically running around, keeping all the systems in check, whilst staying on course and avoiding pirates and dangerous anomalies. But I have settled into this 'quieter and slower' lifestyle. ::Smiles at Harper::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: looking over the results ::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

ENG: Well, now the gases in question can be stored in the hold, and simply transported into the balloon.  It'll take a little time to actually fill it, but it will provide its full buoyancy by the time the process is complete.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

ENG: Give it time to catch up. We find our fair share of frantic running.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CEO: How long? I assume we will need to remain nearby for this process, given the range of this transporter.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

NAV: I know. Theres just as much action to be had, it's just different.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CEO: Lieutenant, should I attach a third module to the can, or should I move onto the next one?

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Does some mental math in his head before looking to Ilaihr. ::  ENG: No, two is plenty.  The way I figure it, they'll fill the one, then hold off on two until the station has achieved some better altitude.  Hopefully above that storm.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::nod at Quinn and Harper, as he moves off to attend to the next can::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

NAV: Well, given you're planning to take on a passenger, the available hold space will be lessened.  I've programmed this to ignore bio signatures, of course.  So, it'll maybe take an extra cycle or two...you may need to stick around down there for as much as 7 minutes.  Is that something you can do?  If not, any inflation is better than none.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CEO: I believe that can be done, despite the storm. It may be a rough ride, but these things are rugged.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: making a large number of small tweaks based on the results ::

 

<SCI_Cdt_TLira>

:: goes to install second grappler on her pod and notices that this one needs a bit more work to attach ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: gets up and sits down at helm, looking over the readings himself ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Walks past T'lira:: SCI: Would you like a hand with that cadet?

 

<SCI_Cdt_TLira>

ENG: I believe so, sir. I am unsure of how to install this one completely.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

McKnight>

::Has by this point removed himself to the armory, where he's overseeing the modification of a number of torpedoes to deploy precisely spaced and calibrated thermobaric charges, thereby supplying the requested heat convection currents once someone indicates they're ready to commence that phase. ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: satisfied, he looks over at Ops :: CSO: Lietuenant, what is the status of the station?

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: watches Blackthorne ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Quickly scans the module visually:: SCI: I think it may just need a bit of welly.

 

<SCI_Cdt_TLira>

ENG: Welly?

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Softly pounds the side of Harper's loaned crush can as he moves on to the next one. :: This one has my official seal of approval, Commander.  We just need to send you off with a proper squadron.  We should have six ready to go in a few minutes, and the rest following after in another ten.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Chuckles:: SCI: An old human term from England I beleive. It comes from Wellington boots, also known as wellies. They could be quite a hassle to put on, hence, they needed a bit of welly.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: moves onto her second console and checks the status ::  CO: The station status seems unchanged.  They're holding up okay in the storm.

 

<SCI_Cdt_TLira>

ENG: Ah. Quite illogical, but rather fitting.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CEO: Excellent! :: rounds up the pilots ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

SCI: So were wellington boots.

 

<SCI_Cdt_TLira>

ENG: Perhaps so. I believe this is among the last pods needing completion, is it not?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: gets into her crush can and begins the powerup sequence, checking the interface with the grapplers ::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

SCI, ENG: You got it, Cadet.  I don't care if you two throw boots, elbow grease or yankee ingenuity at it, but you have until the pilot is suited up and done with his pre-flight!  It's game time!

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Looks around the shuttlebay:: SCI: I believe you are correct. Everything is almost ready. ::Gives the grappler an almighty push onto the can, it creaks a groans as it slowly moves into place::

 

<SCI_Cdt_TLira>

:: Reaches for tools to secure the grappler ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: finds that it appears to be a fairly standard targeting interface :: Okay then.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Proceeds carefully as he also hears his back creak and groan:: ENG: Dont worry Lieutenant, we're on schedule.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

McKnight>

+CSO+ McKnight to Wright.  I've got a targeting solution for your inspection.  I know I can get the torpedoes around the winds and on target, but whether the blast waves will produce the lift characteristics you're looking for...more your thing, I figure.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

SCI: Have you got it cadet?

 

<SCI_Cdt_TLira>

ENG: Yes sir. Thank you for your assistance.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

SCI: Thank the gods. My old man back nearly gave way, it would have been undignified. And I told you not to call me sir.

 

<SCI_Cdt_TLira>

:: lifts eyebrow :: ENG: But it is the appropriate term of address for on-duty situations.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

*McKnight*  Go ahead and send the information over, I'll take a look at it.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

SCI: Yes, but I didnt like people calling me sir, when I was a Captain.

<SCI_Cdt_TLira>

:: eyebrow lifts further :: ENG: You were a Captain?

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

SCI: Indeed. Not of a Starfleet vessel of course. But it was my ship nonetheless

 

<SCI_Cdt_TLira>

ENG: Wouldn't Starfleet take that previous experience into consideration when you joined?

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Walks down the line, giving crush cans a cursory scan. ::  Good, good, good enough...Commander Harper!  That does it!  

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

Everyone: Engineers, volunteers, so on!  Clear the way!  Crush cans about to depart!

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

McKnight>

::Uploads, then grabs a spanner and goes to help out with the hands on stuff. ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: yells from inside the can :: CEO: Thanks, lieutenant! *CSO* Harper to Ops!

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

SCI: Perhaps they thought about it, but; I was never a man for cutting corners. I wanted to start from the bottom rungs and work my way up. I hope one day to command my own Starfleet ship. But not today.

 

<SCI_Cdt_TLira>

ENG: That is an admirable path.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: looks up as Wright is bleeped ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

SCI: And rewarding. ::Moves off as per the lieutenant's orders::

 

<SCI_Cdt_TLira>

:: clears the way for crush can launch ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: seals up the cockpit ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

*NAV*  Go ahead for Ops.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

*OPS* First wave of balloon and grappler equipped crush cans requesting departure clearance.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

*NAV*  Glad to hear it, you're clear for departure!

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Admires the work everyone has put into the cans as they begin to depart::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: perks up and pays attention, having waited for this ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: looks over :: CSO: Get Miraak on the horn and let him know what's about to happen.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

ENG: Isnt it like ushering your daughter to her first date sir?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

*OPS* Thank you, Firefly out. :: signals the rest of the cans in wave one to go go go, and flies out into the blue ::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Moves to a comm console and announces himself through bay speakers to be heard over the launch.:: Everyone pick a can, and make whatever last modifications on the ones still grounded!  I want the rest of these underway by the time the first wave reaches the halfway point!

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage