U.S.S. Hyperion - 11408.25, Mission #17

"Rosetta"


SUMMARY: Previously, the Hyperion had made contact with some kind of humanoid projection, claiming to represent the Zaia, an extinct alien race. While a deal was being worked out to keep further intrusion into the system at bay, alarms on the bridge signalled that the Borg wreckage on the surface had begun to power up.

 

<<<Resume Mission>>>

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

@::still in the Bosh'tek's hut on the planet::

 

<MED_Cdt_Rousseau>

::still in the shuttle going back to Hyperion::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy>

@::brings the shuttle up towards the Hyperion's higher orbit:: *aOPS*: Hyperion, this is the Iliad, requesting permission to dock.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy>

@::waits, then clicks the comm button again:: *aOPS*: Hyperion, come in. This is shuttle Iliad requesting clearance to dock.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

@ Bosh'tek: I'd like to leave you with a devise that you can use to call us for help, should you ever ned it. ::pauses, looking at the little creature:: Bosh'tek: I wish others were as benign as we are. I'd feel better knowing you were safe.

 

ACTION: Outside the Bosh'tek's hut, several low thrums can be heard, as well as a commotion.

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

@::Increases power to the engines to catch up wit the Iliad:: Self: Don't crash the shuttle into the Hyperion.....Don't crash the shuttle into the Hyperion

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

@ ::looks up, concerned, shouts out the Hill:: Hill: Hill! Report?

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy>

@::mutters darkly, checking the comm system and getting an all clear:: MED: Looks like the signal is being blocked from an outside source. We'll have to go in manually and hope the doors are up.

 

<Boshtek>

@::looks to the door, slowly making her way over::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy>

@::begins plotting the necessary course on thrusters, running a scan at the same time to see if the shuttlebay doors are operable::

 

<MED_Cdt_Rousseau>

@CEO: Ok, hope everything's ok in there

<Boshtek>

<TAC_Hill>

@XO: Looks like some kind of energy projection, Commander; it's coming out of the stone pillar.

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

@*CEO*: Leftenant Commander. My automated docking calls are going unanswered, any idea whats happening Sir?

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

@ Bosh'tek: What's happening?

 

ACTION: The OPS stations on the shuttles begin flashing warnings as active Borg technology is detected on the surface.

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

@::Eyes open wide as the sensors alert him to Borg signals:: Self: Oh shit......

 

<MED_Cdt_Rousseau>

@CEO: Did that say Borg??

 

<Boshtek>

@::pauses before the door:: XO: The Guardian is scanning your vessel. He will likely make contact soon. ::she grunts slightly as she opens the door, stepping out amongst the confused villagers::

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

@*MED&CEO*:  Well that answers my question.

 

<MED_Cdt_Rousseau>

@CEO: Isn't Danann still down there?

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

@ Self: That did not answer my question... ::sighs and shifts in the tiny hut::

 

<MED_Cdt_Rousseau>

@::Breathes and centers, looks at ops stations, hoping to get more clarification of the Borg activity::

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

@*CEO*: Commander what are your orders?

 

<Boshtek>

@::raises her walking stick in the air, getting everyone's attention:: All: Do no be afraid, Children. Our world, our home, is merely paying homage to the gods amongst the stars. ::she smiled at the gathered, who cast nervous glances at each other::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

@ Bosh'tek: Contact? Contact who? You, me? my vessel? Hill, maybe?

<Boshtek>

@::turns, speaking quietly:: XO: Your vessel, after it determines whether it is a threat.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

@ ::blinks:: Bosh'tek: I see... ::holds her breath, frowns, and lets it out dramatically:: Bosh'tek: Well, we are peaceful explorers. I hope I have made that clear to you and your people, but we know that others are not.. so we... our vessel IS armed. Is there any way I can speak to this Guardian? ::crawls out of the hut in a less than elegant fashion::

 

<Boshtek>

@::considers that for a moment:: XO: Perhaps... ::she disappears back into the hut for a bit::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

@ ::has to scooch her legs out of the way to let the Bosh'tek through:: Hill: You get all that? ::nods to the hut:: Hill: Di dyou hear what we were talking about earlier? ::stands up and dusts herself off::

 

<TAC_Hill>

@::frowns:: XO: Sorry, Commander; I was, uh, distracted. ::he nods to a group of children standing nearby, now gazing in wonder at the pillar of light::

 

ACTION: The shuttles glide into the Hyperion, touching down. From the inside, things don't seem too amiss, though everyon seems nervous.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

@ ::can't help but smile:: Hill: OK. ::sighs:: Hill: This place? These people... we never saw them. Understood? We got lost in the woods, got totally turned around... that is all we did. Understood?

<TAC_Hill>

@::gives her an odd look, but nods:: XO: Understood.

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

Self: Well, thank the gods for that. ::Turns to leave the shuttle::

 

<MED_Cdt_Rousseau>

::Gets out of the shuttle, gathering up her medkit, etc::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

@ ::feels her point was made:: Hill: Good. I'd hate to break a promise. ::folds her arms and looks around. Picks up her tricorder, on the off chance that it was working now, like her comm badge had. Scans the pillar::

 

<Boshtek>

@::returns from inside the hut, looking to Danann:: XO: What you seek is possible. Come with me. ::she turns once more to the others:: All: Remain calm, Children. What you are witnessing is a good thing. I go to converse with the gods, and will return soon. ::she smiles before slowly leading the XO off into the bush::

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

MED: Good to see you made it back in one piece Doc.

 

<MED_Cdt_Rousseau>

::turns back to CEO:: CEO: Orders, Commander?

 

ACTION: The Hyperion shudders violently, and the lights go out for a moment, soon replaced by dim emergency lighting.

 

<MED_Cdt_Rousseau>

TAC: Thanks, Douglas, you too. ::smiles::

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

MED: Well, if he's decided to daydream on us, we should make our way to the bridge. Find out what the hells going on. ::Smiles back::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

@ ::frowns at her readings:: Hill: Monitor that pillar, keep me apprised. ::nods to his tricorder:: Hill: They're working again... Mine's telling me that dampening field has weakened... And I'm getting readings of a subterranean power source. If any of this changes, I'll come running, understood?

 

<MED_Cdt_Rousseau>

TAC: Sounds good to me.

 

<TAC_Hill>

@XO: Yes, Ma'am. ::he gets out his tricorder::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

@ ::nods once and follows the Bosh'tek::

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

::Gestures the doctor to enter the turbolift:: MED: Ladies first.

 

<MED_Cdt_Rousseau>

::tries pressing the door open button again::

 

<Boshtek>

@::leads the XO a little ways away from the village; with a cautious look back, she begins feeling around on a nearby tree:: XO: The beam does not usually stay on this long. Something is wrong.

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

@ Bosh'tek: The beam came on so I could talk to my people? And now it's stuck? ::looks around, uncertain::

 

ACTION: A team of Engineers runs by the TAC and MED, carrying toolkits.

<MED_Cdt_Rousseau>

::watches what the engineers are doing::

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

ENG: Yo, what the hell is going on.

 

<Boshtek>

@::shakes her head, digging her nails into the tree, as if trying to pry something off:: XO: The beam is different.

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

ENG: We detected Borg signatures emanating from the surface. I thought we ascertained that they were all dead?

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

@ ::crouches down beside the Bosh'tek, gestures an offer of help:: Bosh'tek: How is it different? ::goes to tap her comm badge, then thinks twice, unsure what exactly to report that won't give the game away::

 

<ENG_Jens>

TAC: Apparently not. ::pauses briefly:: We're trying to get power back online; if we don't, expect a crash in the near future.

 

<Boshtek>

@::steps back, indicated a thing, barely-perceptible line in the tree bark:: XO: A false panel. The beam deals with threats from above. You device was given permission to pass through the field.

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

ENG: Which Jeffrey's tube will take us to the bridge fastest? We need to know what's going on.

 

<ENG_Jens>

::tries to think quickly:: TAC: Uhh... take D2 to junction Alpha Five, and it should be a straight shot up from there. ::starts running to catch up with the others::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

@ ::her eyebrows register her surprise, is continuously impressed at the level of technology present that the Bosh'tek restrains herself from using. Tries to get a fingernail into the groove::

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

:shouts to Jens:: ENG: Thanks crewman. MED: You heard the man doc. D2 to junction Alpha Five.

 

<MED_Cdt_Rousseau>

::starts climbing the Jeffries tubes up to the Bridge:: TAC: See you on the Bridge

 

<Boshtek>

@::frowns briefly in thought, eyeing the panel before giving it a quick rap with her stick; the panel pops open from the opposite direction they'd been pulling from::

 

<TAC_Haverford>

::runs by the MED before stopping abruptly:: MED: Hey, you a doctor?

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

::Begins climbing the Jeffries tube behind Rousseau::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

@ ::jumps, then laughs:: Bosh'tek: Low tech solution... I love it. ::grins:: Bosh'tek: OK, what do we do with all of this, then? ::surveys the interior of the panel::

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

TAC: She's already gone up Haverford. What do you need?

 

<Boshtek>

@::steps up to the control padd, carefully tapping a few symbols:: XO: Bird... spider... krell... Child...

 

<TAC_Haverford>

TAC: We've got injured in the lounge; we could use her help.

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

TAC: I'm a cleared field medic. ::Looks up the shaft to the bridge:: Take me to them.

 

ACTION: Nothing happens for a moment, but then the XO gets a somewhat familiar feeling of being disassembled and transported elsewhere.

 

<TAC_Haverford>

::waves for him to follow before jogging back the way he came::

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

::Jogs after Haverford down the corridor::

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

@ ::listens and memorises, in case it's important later:: Bosh'tek: I appreciate your trust. I meant to say it earlier but... if our positions were reversed, I'm not sure I'd have had the wisdom to do the same. ::pauses, feeling odd:: Bosh'tek: Whoa... what the-

 

ACTION: Danann finds herself in a dark room. The air is stale, and the only lights are from half-powered consoles of alien design.

 

<TAC_Haverford>

::Arrives at the lounge, the doors of which have been wedged open. Inside, several people are laid about, some with cuts and bruises, others with severely damaged limbs, as if something had fallen on them::

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

::Takes a deep breath and rolls his sleeves up:: Self: Well then, I best get started

 

<XO_LtCmdr_Danann>

@ ::coughs in the nasty air, tries not to breath too deeply:: Self: Well, this just got...really... interesting... ::steps gingerly over to a console, her hand hovering over it as she weighs her options::

 

ACTION: As Danann nears the console, a new light cuts through the darkness: a narrow red beam, scanning around curiously. Heavy foot falls can be heard as a being approaches, it's face slowly lit up by the dim glow of the consoles. A Borg drone looks on, its expression blank.

 

<Drone>

XO: Welcome to New Zaia.

 

<<<Pause Mission>>>


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage