U.S.S. Atlantis - 11408.13, Mission #1012

"Azure-Te"


 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

flags #ST_MissionRoom1

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<OPS_Ens_Emeric>

::taps away at her console, directing traffic::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: sitting in the center seat, watching the viewer with concern ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: sits primly in the off center seat, studying her armrest console screen ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: buried in a crush can with the Xe pilot that towed it in here, learning how to fly it ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Does a small rumba and hums to himself as he adds the finishing touches to one of the crush cans::

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

:: has just sent medical teams to Transporter Rooms 1 and 3 for triage, and prepares Sickbay for any possible onslaught ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: takes a closer look at the damage reports on the sensor array ::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Across the bay, Quinn taps away at his personal holo screen, tapped in to the environmental controls and using said connection to increase the artificial gravity pressing down on a crush can whose tank has been removed. ::  20 Gs.  Everyone stand clear of this unit for a minute!

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CEO: Lieutenant, how many more cans do we have coming in in?

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Ensign Emeric, status of the station?

 

<OPS_Ens_Emeric>

VAdm: Sir, the station has achieved neutral bouyancy, and is holding position for the moment.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

OPS: Get our commlink back and see if Miraak's had any success with the subspace field.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: looks up at Emeric's announcement to the screen ::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

ENG>

We've got another three awaiting tank-ectomies.  I reckon we should have enough converted to get it done now if we become aware of any new emergency, but no harm adding a safety margin.

 

<OPS_Ens_Emeric>

VAdm: I'll do my best, sir. ::attempts to contact the station, trying to cut through all the interference::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CEO: Excellent sir. We'll have those people off that station and safe in no time.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: turns to T'Kirr :: If the shuttlebays have crush cans ready, have them launch without waiting for all of them to be done.

 

<OPS_Ens_Emeric>

::tweaks the comms array, utilizing a few of the secondary sensor panels to adjust the the atmospheric interference:: *Telthis*: Atlantis to Station Telthis. Do you read?

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: nods to Blackthorne and contacts SB1 ::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Scans the crush can for hull stresses.  20 Gs is nothing compared to the pressure down there, but it's enough to give him the basis for a simulation.  Theoretically cranking it up to actual conditions, things still check out within acceptable tolerances. :: This one's good.  Returning gravity to normal.

 

<OPS_Ens_Emeric>

::frowns some:: *Telthis*: Station Telthis, please respond.

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

:: receives his first critical patient in Sickbay, leads the crewmen carrying him to the nearest biobed and gets to work ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: emerges from the crush can with the pilot :: Thank you for the tutorial. I had hoped to get a chance to fly one of these, but under better circumstances, of course.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

Miraak>

*Atlantis* Sorry.  Yeah, this is Telthis.  Looks like we've stopped sinking, so there's that.

 

<OPS_Ens_Emeric>

VAdm: I've made contact with Telthis, sir.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*Miraak* Miraak, this is Blackthorne. Have you made any headway with the subspace field idea?

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

*Quinn* T'Kirr to Quinn. Do you have any crush cans ready for launch?

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

Miraak>

*Blackthorne* Yeah, apparently it's possible, but the deflector wasn't designed for this.  We need to switch out some circuitry.  Normally, we'd want to run some tests first, but under the circumstances...apparently, we should be ready to give it a try within the hour.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

ENG>

Ensign, that one good to go?

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Looks at the Can he's just finished on:: CEO: Aye Lieutenant. That one also got a polish and wax finish too.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CEO: Had to have her ship shape sharp for the planet.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*Miraak* Let us know if you need any help. You should have some modified crush cans on the way down soon to begin evacuation.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

ENG>

Not sure the miners will appreciate the factory finish so much.  They seem to like to show off their work day.  Still, good work.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

*T'Kirr* Sorry for the delay, Commander.  Had to check in.  We've got 9 of them ready to go.  Another 3 on their way in.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

*Quinn* You're cleared to launch them as they're ready, Lieutenant. Thank you.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CEO: Old Earth submarines were held together in part by the paint on their hulls. Same principle, only shinier. ::He chuckled::

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

*T'Kirr* Yes, ma'am.  Should we proceed with the last few conversions, or does the operation need to begin now?

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

Miraak>

*Blackthorne* Oh, at no point are any of us saying no to help.  But our techs get the general principle of what you're suggesting.  As far as actually doing it, I'd guess we've got the experts down here.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

*Quinn* If modifications are complete on any of them, send those ones out while you modify the rest.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*Miraak* Understood. Good luck adown there.

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

:: has now started work on his third critical patient. The first is stabilized, and the second is still in the woods, with a nurse crew working on him. The third is going to need surgery, but Tav can get him stabilized, and get back to the second patient. ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CEO: Shall I continue working on the Cans sir, or should I begin making my way to Atlantis' sensor array?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: notes that the pilotless can has had its tank removed, and makes her way to it ::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Begins to tell the new guy that he'll handle the dish himself, but bites it back. Delegation is a skill he's going to need to work on from here on out. :: ENG>

This is still our priority for the moment.  Let's get these suckers launched.  Then, take charge of one more can.  Then I'll let you go to go prep some worker bees.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CEO: Is this one ready, Chief? :: gestures at the not-pilotless-anymore can ::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Looks over. :: NAV: It's good to go.  Unless you'd like the shiny one.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CEO: No, thank you. This one has character. :: Crawls in ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: begins the powerup sequence :: *OPS* Bridge, this is Firefly requesting launch clearance, though I am not in my usual spacecraft...

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Rolls up his sleeves and takes a deep breath as he approaches the final Cans in an attack-like posture:: Cans: Your gonna get fixed see, and we're going to send you on an adventure where you can save people, and have a completely new purpose in life.

 

<OPS_Ens_Emeric>

*NAV*: Copy, uh... Firefly... You are clear for departure.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: smirks :: OPS: It's a callsign. You

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

You'll learn them when the Sharks all depart at once.

 

<OPS_Ens_Emeric>

VAdm: Do I get a callsign, sir?

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

OPS: You're Atlantis.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Sighs :: ENG>

It doesn't need fixing.  I appreciate the initiative.  Believe me, you're going to end up working some hours where you'll need that.  But for now, time's a factor.  Let's just make the switch outs, and move on, okay?

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

OPS: The fighter pilots get callsigns.

<OPS_Ens_Emeric>

VAdm: I see, sir. ::seems mildly disappointed::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: finishes the powerup sequence ::  *OPS* Roger that, Firefly departing.  :: eases the thrusters on and slowly takes the crush can out of the bay's forcefield ::

 

<OPS_Ens_Emeric>

Self: I like the sound of 'Overwatch,' myself...

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: takes a second to get used to the handling, which is much like a large diesel truck ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: lifts an eyebrow slightly towards OPS but continues to look over the latest interan scanner reports. Finding nothing new, she shifts her attention towards crew assignments ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

::: watches the can depart on the viewer ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Sighs a little, Starfleet has changed in a hundred years, everyone used to base themselves on cowboys like Jim Kirk. People are more serious these days:: CEO: I know sir. But you've got to talk to them sir. Do you not talk to Atlantis?

<VAdmBlackthorne>

OPS: If you ever have the bridge, you'll be Atlantis Actual. As would be anyone else in command.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

*T'Kirr* First crush cans underway, bridge.  We should have them all vacated within the next 2 minutes.  Estimate the last three should be switched over within the hour, if we throw all available personnel at it before moving on to sensor repair.

 

<OPS_Ens_Emeric>

VAdm: Understood, Admiral. ::can't help but think the Captain Rome would have let her call herself 'Overwatch'::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

ENG>

Not like that, no.  But trust me, I've gotten to know her.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Here goes... :: starts her descent toward the station ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: peers to Blackthorne with a questioning look to ask if he heard the message to her :: *Quinn* Very good, Lieutenant, thank you. Keep us updated.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: nods to T'Kirr ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

*Quinn* As of now, our rescue mission is our first priority.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: nervously watches the external pressure gauge rise as she descend ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Starts work on one of the Cans:: CEO: If I may be so bold as to ask, what is the status of the plan to raise the station back out of the atmosphere

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

7 bar... 8 bar.... 10 bar... 12 bar...

 

<OPS_Ens_Emeric>

::monitors the cans as they make their way towards the station::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

25 bar... :: finds herself flying down through a storm, swears in Bolian ::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: As one of the last three crush cans arrives to fill a recently vacated space, Quinn nods to the miner pilot as he gets off, then climbs up to begin the work of prying off the first plate. :: You may.  But for now, that's still out of our hands.  Other than getting these things ready, of course.  No matter how light they make the thing, someone's still

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

going to have to go down there and haul them up.  That means crush cans.  And that means us.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

35 bar.. :: swears again as the crush can rocks in the storm, lightning flashing in the black clouds around her in the ever deepening blue ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: jumps as something cracks behind her ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Nods at the lieutenant:: CEO: Well if in due time someone is required to go down there, then I volunteer sir.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

You are fine, you heard that crack, the one that kills you and crushes you yo willl never hear coming, it will be too fast...

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: jumps again and swears elaborately in Vrissk as a pipe ruptures behind her, spilling out steam :: *Cans* I just had a pipe burst in my cockpit...

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

ENG>

Appreciated, and I'll pass it on.  But regretfully, they seem to have enough pilots.  I'm not actually such a slouch at the helm myself, you know.  But unless the Sharks have to do another emergency recruiting drive for manpower, we have our hands full enough as is.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

Miner>

::Laughs::  Good!  First one means we buy you a drink!  Don't worry about it.  Just keep flying.  Trust your ride, and it'll repay you every time.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

*Miner+ I can understand that.

 

<OPS_Ens_Emeric>

*NAV*: Atlantis to Commander Harper; is everyone alright Commander? Your vitals are a little shaky.

 

<OPS_Ens_Emeric>

<everything>

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

*OPS* Atlantis, Firefly :: using her callsign out of habit :: Everything is fine, I am told. External pressure is at 49 bar and ... I have the station in sight!

<OPS_Ens_Emeric>

::rolls her eyes at her forgetting the call signs:: *NAV*: Understood, Firely. We've got our eyes on you. Atlantis out.

 

<OPS_Ens_Emeric>

VAdm: Commander Harper is in sight of Telthis, Admiral.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Smiles:: CEO: Sorry to be a bother to you lieutenant, I'm a talker, comes with ages you see. But as you may note, it helps me get results, it makes an operation like this more calm . When people's lives depend on it, nothing is more important than calm.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: looks to Emeric with interest ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Excellent.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

*Telthis* Station Telthis, we have crush cans outside ready to receive the first wave of transports.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: maneuvers up close to the station's hull ::

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CEO: I've always found it magically gives me more time to focus on the task at hand.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

ENG>

Not a bother, ensign.  Truth be told, I've read your file, and I feel more than a little ridiculous talking to you by your rank.  

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

::Grins:: ENG>

Mind you, I'll still do it if I have to.  But within reason, however you do your job best is fine by me, so long as it still gets done.  You might have noticed, I've done a little personalization myself, where equipment is concerned at least.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: gets up and sits down at the helm out of habit, checking the readings, as a substitute for not being down there flying himself ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: makes sure she found the comm system in the new language :: *Telthis* Telthis, do you copy? We are ready for a wave of evacuees, one per crush can.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: watches the approach on sensors, but they blip and she finds her attention turned towards the sensor array damage ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: eyes the external pressure gauge, sitting just shy of 50 bar ::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

Miraak>

*Harper* Oh, thank the spirits.  If I had the paint on me, I'd look overjoyed.  I'd like to stay behind with the techs until the last of us are ready to be evacuated.  But I'll havea group standing apart and ready in just a minute!  Thank you!

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

*Miraak* Understood, standing by.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

::Breathes out of his nose, with the smell of plasma cutting in the air:: CEO: I admit, it's still strange even now, not being Captain. But starting from the ground up again, is liberating, gives me a new reason to live my boy. And yes, i noticed your very fancy holo-gauntlet, and the fine strumming sound the warp core emits throughout the ship. Its a dream ship. You've taught her well.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: glad to see that Atlantis's engines are still humming along nicely, finds no need to adjust anything ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: forms her crush can up along the hull with the rest of them, the transporter range exceedingly limited ::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

ENG>

Thank you, but don't give me too much credit.  I've just been one guy doing my job.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

:: Decides to let the "my boy" comment stand.  So long as there's no actual disrespect meant, he can allow some colorful language in relative privacy. ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: lets go of the helm and returns to his chair ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: watches Blackthorne with knowing eyes ::

 

<CMO_Lt_Tav>

:: finishes stabilizing all three of his patients and prepares to take the third into surgery ::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

Miraak>

*Harper* Can your sensors distinguish different sections down here?  We want to use the bar as the evac zone.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

*Miraak* Yes, I can see the internal layout.

 

<ENG_Ens_Ilaihr>

CEO: Well you do it well. If Atlantis was upset with her treament, she would let us know, in the most startling of fashions. Betty once blew a whole nacelle, just because I didnt replace a single secondary power junction. She was not subtle in her displeasure.

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

Miraak>

*Harper* Then the first group is on their way.  They'll be in position and ready for beam out momentarily.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

*Miraak* Understood. :: informs the rest of the cans ::

 

<CEO_Lt_Quinn>

ENG>

Yeah...Star Fleet specs these days call for top down triple redundancy.  But let's not let it go that far.

 

ACTION: The first group of evacuees arrives in the bar, and are beamed out, one-by-one, to different crush cans.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

*OPS* Atlantis, Firefly, we have the first group and are ascending. :: starts her climb ::

 

<OPS_Ens_Emeric>

*NAV*: Acknowledged, Firefly.

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage