U.S.S. Bremen - 11408.07, Mission #21

"Skellig"


Mission 20 - "Skellig"

 

Summary: After their stressful time zipping forward and back and sideways through time, the crew of the Bremen are in for a relaxing time rooting around the ruins of an old, abandonned Vulcan monastry. What could go wrong?

 

<GM_Aoibhe>

But first! The crew are all assembled in the Mess Hall for some very special announcements...

 

<GM_Aoibhe>

<<<Begin>>>

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Stands at attention in the mess hall::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::stands by the replicator, wondering if he has time to order a coffee or not...::

 

<TAC_Ens_Darloch>

:: grabs the last few mission reports and starts rereading so I can be sure to wrap my brain around what was going on::

 

<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

::sitting her backside on a table for now, pouring over a padd::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>

::stands at the front of everyone, hands clasped behind his back while he waits for everyone to settle down::

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::finishes off a sandwich

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::absently wipes some breadcrumbs off his uniform::

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::looks around:: All: We, uh... we doin' something?

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::clears his throat....anything to kill the awkward silence::

 

<TAC_Ens_Darloch>

:: Looks up from his padds awaiting the message ahead::

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Starts to ache a little from standing at attention for so long::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>

::glances around:: Self: I guess that's good enough. ::clears his throat and speaks up:: All: Attention.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::looks at his chrono::

 

<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

::oh, she should probably stand at attention. right. cough.::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::snaps to attention::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>

<Yeoman_Banks>

::hops in fright, then hurriedly blows his whistle::

 

<TAC_Ens_Darloch>

::Snaps to Attention::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>

SCI: Ensign sh'Hruvek, front and center.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::rolls his eyes at Banks::

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::just kinda stands there::

 

<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

::blinks and steps forward crisply::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>

::picks up the little scroll dealy from the table next to him and passes it over smoothly:: SCI: Ensign, for your work in assisting the Engineering department during our escapade in time, and for aiding in the rescue of Ensign Dimitrou, I am proud to award you the Captain's Letter of Commendation. Congratulations, Ensign.

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::applauds for the ensign::

 

<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

::salutes and takes the scroll:: CO: Thank you, sir!

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::claps::

 

<TAC_Ens_Darloch>

::Whoot::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>

::picks up a little box as sh'Hruvek turns:: CEO: Commander Adalberto, front and center.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::applauds and gives her a big grin as she returns to the line::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::looks up at the Captain and steps forward:: CO: Yes sir.

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::grins some at the distinct lack of 'Lieutenant' in that line::

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Is keeping her hands held behind her back, at attention::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>

::hands open the small box:: CEO: It looks like they're handing these out for any old thing these days, Tony. For the scrape you picked up on Deep Space 621, Starfleet has awarded you the Silver Palm for injuries sustained in the line of duty. Congratulations, Lieutenant Commander.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::chuckles and accepts the Silver Palm:: CO: Aye sir. I'll make sure it never happens again.

 

<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

::looks a little sheepish but claps for him::

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::applauds harder for Tony than he did for sh'Hruvek, and she knows exactly why::

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Coughs loudly::  CO: If I may interrupt, Front and Center, Sir

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>

::grins slightly, letting Tony step back:: All: Well done, all of you. This crew has stoop u-::blinks, turning to Jameson, then pointing to himself::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::walks back and steps in line next to ShHruvek, before leaning in and whispering:: SCI: Thanks.

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

CO: Sir, for Loyalty and continued good service to Starfleet, it is my honour to represent Starfleet in promoting you to Captain.  Captain.

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Presents the small box she was holding behind her back::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::grins widely and applauds:: CO: Hear hear!

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>

::opens his mouth slightly, then just blinks for a moment, accepting the box:: XO: Thank you, Commander. This is...something of a welcome surprise. ::smiles::

 

<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

::actually cheers, a nice loud whoop!::

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

CO: Not to us Captain, not to us.

 

<TAC_Ens_Darloch>

:: Whoot::

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::applauds eventually::

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Looks sheepish::  CO: Not a surprise I mean, not that it's not welcome...

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>

::happily pins the pip to his collar, grinning widely to his assembled crew:: All: It has been both my honour and my pleasure to serve with each of you on this crew. We have stood up time and again in the face of adversity, and never let it push us down. Together we have gone through in six months what most crews don't experience in a whole year, and every time I look back, each day with you as my crew makes me proud. Thank you.

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Smiles up at the Captain::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::applauds once more with feeling::

 

ACTION: A message from the bridge signals the approach of the USS Regal

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>

All: And that's our signal. Good work, everyone; Duty stations.

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>

::files out and heads for the bridge::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::puts the medal in his pocket and heads for the exit::

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Heads back to the bridge, and sits in the XO chair::

 

<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::heads for the bridge after Jameson, taking his seat:: aOPS: Open a channel to the Regal, Ensign.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::sits down at Engineering:: Computer: Computer, reroute Engineering controls to the Bridge.

 

ACTION: The USS Regal comes into hailing range, catches the hail from the Bremen and opens a channel

<CO_Marks>

@ ::stands on the bridge of the Regal:: *CO*: Griffiths! Got a delivery for you.

 

<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::grins slowly:: *Marks*: Good to see you again, Marks. I have a spot for it in Engineering Bay 1, all picked out special.

 

<CO_Marks>

@ *CO*: One probe, extra crispy, hold the Vulcan... just like you ordered. :: nods to his OPS officer to beam it over::

 

<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::nods over to Engineering for Tony to check on retrieval:: *Marks*: Perfect. We'll be sure to take a good look at it. Did you manage to get any long range scans of the Pollux system?

 

<CO_Marks>

@ *CO*:We did some scans, gave it a bit of a jiggle, curiosity and all that. ::smirks:: *CO*: I'm sending you the data we gathered, too, not that there's much. This thing is corroded solid.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::nods back::

 

<CO_Marks>

@ ::shakes head:: *CO*: And take all the fun out of the mission for you?

 

<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

::definitely diving right into that data the second it's received::

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Sits quietly, listening::

 

<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::laughs quietly:: *Marks*: I would have been turnabout, for once! I'll be sure to have our teams send you any missions updates, I'm sure you're just as curious as we are.

 

<CO_Marks>

@ ::spots XO, gives her a charming smile:: *CO*: I'd appreciate that, old chum. We have a meet and greet to get to. Can't keep the universe waiting.

 

ACTION: probe is beamed over to the Engineering Bay, and data transmission completes

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Smiles back::

 

<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

*Marks*: Understood. Best of luck, old friend; From what I've heard you're going to need it. Bremen out. ::winks, just as the comm cuts off::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CO: Data banks filled with whatever shHruvek can make of it, and the probe is ready in my suite. ::stands up:: Permission to leave the Bridge?

 

ACTION: The Regal turns in a graceful arc and heads back the way it came.

 

<TAC_Ens_Darloch>

;; arrives at bridge to take over Tac station::

 

<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::nods:: CEO: Let me know what you find, Commander.

 

<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

aNAV: Set course for the Pollux system, Warp 6.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CO: Aye Captain. ::nods and heads for the Turbolift::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

TL: Main Engineering.

 

<CO_Marks>

<aNAV_Bleet>

CO: Yessir! ::pauses, looking down at his console, perplexed:: Self: I'm still not used to them beign this shape again... ::finds the right sequence of buttons and gets them underway::

 

<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

SCI: See what you can get on long range sensors from here. ::looks over at Tactical:: TAC: Begin some scans of the surrounding space and find out if there are any more probes similar in design or signature to this one.

 

<TAC_Ens_Darloch>

:: starts Scans looking for Probs and any other things that could give us a head ach::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

<ENG_Reed>

::grins as the doors to Main Engineering open:: CEO: Oh she's a beauuuuut Chief!

 

<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

CO: Clear on long range, sir. It'll be interesting to see what Tony might be able to dig out of the probe, though. The data we've got isn't much to go on.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::steps in and accepts the PADD from Victoria:: ENG: You and your antiques. Now, show me.

 

<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

SCI: How far did Regal get in their studies? Do we have anything more on that data fragment?

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::steps into the bay and smiles as he sees the roughly spherical monstrosity, obviously heavily damaged and corroded:: ENG: It's a mess. There's even panels missing....how was this thing still transmitting ?

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Breaks out of her thinking on how Marks seemed charming, and wondering if he had ever been a Doctor, and looks down at her console::

 

<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

::shakes head a little:: CO: I've got a big hunk of corroded something-or-other that's pretty well Vulcan, and I've got an audio transmission.  If I take a crack at this, I might be able to clean up the video feed, too.  At least we might be able to see what this guy looked like.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

<ENG_Reed>

::jogs after him:: CEO: Don't let the rust fool you Chief, she's just been through a lot...a plasma storm there, a gaseous anomaly there.... We ran a metallic analysis, it's good old Vulcan craftmanship alright.

 

<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::nods, smiling:: SCI: Sounds like a plan, Ensign. Let me know what you manage to retrieve.

 

ACTION: XO spots a text transmission from the Regal's CO. "Drinks sometime? I'll let you sit in my chair"

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Murmurs to herself:: Self: Knowing my luck, the chair would break...

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::chuckles and glances at the scan:: ENG: Get a duotronic....no wait. ::walks closer and examines the ports:: Duotronic is brand spanking new next to this relic. Just get me....I don't even know where to start.

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Shakes her head, and continues putting together an equipment list, and also putting together a reply as she works::

 

ACTION: XO spots a text transmission from the Regal's CO. "Drinks sometime? I'll let you sit in my chair"

 

<GM_Aoibhe>

<aNAV Bleet>

CO: Sir, we're three hours out from Pollox III

 

<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

::sits back in the center chair, nodding down to the conn:: aNAV: Thank you, Ensign

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

<ENG_Reed>

::winks:: I'll get the imaging scanner, let's see what's inside that beauty. ::hops off::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::walks over to the wall and punches the comm:: *SCI*: shHruvek, we've done a metallic analysis, this thing's definitely Vulcan. We're gonna see if we can get inside her...it, get inside it, and er, and get some information to you. Tony out.

 

<TAC_Ens_Darloch>

::thinks to self gotta find a way to get the speed of these scans up it will only save lives in the end::

 

<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>

::tries not to laugh. okay, maybe there's a giggle, but she'll at least cover her mouth to try and stifle it. kind of.::

 

<GM_Aoibhe>

<<<Pause Mission>>>



© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage