U.S.S. Hyperion - 11408.04, Mission #15

"Rosetta"


SUMMARY: Long, long ago in the Betreka Nebula, the Hyperion was investigating a newly discovered planetary system when they discovered signs of Borg activity. Then a bunch of crazy stuff happened, the XO and a redshirt are missing, and now everyone's freaking out. Let's see what happens!

 

<<<Resume Mission>>>

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy>

:: grabs an engineering kit from the locker and flips it across one shoulder, along with a phaser and a tricorder tucked neatly into his belt::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::flips a switch on his chair:: *MED*: Cadet Rousseau, report to Commander Foxworty in the main Shuttlebay. Bring your Tricorder.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Continues prepping for the away mission, checking her list, sharpening her knife, the usual::

 

<Med_Cdt_Rousseau>

*CO: Yes sir

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Starts to head down to the shuttle bay, her bag thrown over her shoulder, mainly filled with weaponry::

 

<Med_Cdt_Rousseau>

::Gathers up her Tricorder and medical supplies, heading down to shuttle bay::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy>

::walks over to a Type 11 and slips inside, taking the pilots chair and beginning pre-launch, calibrating the sensors while he goes::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#*CEO*: Chief, as soon as your team's ready head straight down there and get me some answers.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy>

*CO*: Understood, Captain. I'm going to work on using the deflectors as a sort of dampening field, see if we can avoid or slip through whatever is screwing things up down there.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Arrives at the shuttle, and starts programming it in preparation for launch whilst waiting for the rest of the team::

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

::Having gotten his order in the turbolift, and demanding it take him instead to the armoury so he can gear up, exasperated.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#*CEO*: Just bring me answers and results...I'm not unreasonable. ::smiles:: Rome out.

 

<Med_Cdt_Rousseau>

::Arrives in shuttlebay, patiently awaiting orders::

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

::Turbolift opens on the armoury deck, Soule almost storming down the corridor to get his weapons. Checks his back pocket and ankle holster for his mek'leth and starfleet standard issue knife::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy>

::rolls his eyes and chuckles, closing off the comm before he begins doing just that, modifying the deflector dish to push out a annulear bubble of ionised protons to hopefully shield them from any sources of energy dampening or power draining::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy>

::spots the Medical officer standing with her kit and shouts out of the door:: MED: Doctor, you're in here with me.

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

::Walks into the Armoury:: Armoury Staff: Someone, please give me a gun, I'm having a bad day and I'm in a serious rush.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Starts tapping her fingers on the console, waiting for the team::

 

<Med_Cdt_Rousseau>

::Gets into the shuttle::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::hands a report to a passing Yeoman:: Yeo_Brand: Tell Starfleet Command we're still hoping to make contact with our team on the ground, but so far we've not registered any Borg activity.

 

<Yeo_Brand>

::takes the report:: CO: Aye, sir. ::relays the order to Fales::

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

::Armoury officer looks slightly concerned but hands Soule one of the newly replicated TR-116s:: Armoury Officer: Thank you quartermaster, your assistance has been much appreciated

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy>

::waits for the Doc to get comfy, then closes up the doors and transmits the deflector modifications to the other shuttle:: *aOPS*: This is Shuttlecraft Four, requesting permission to disembark.

 

<aOPS_Fales>

*CEO*: Permission granted, Odyssey. Good luck.

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

::Runs at full sprint to get to the shuttlebay, it's taking too much time::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Sighs quietly, taking out her knife as she waits, turning it in her hands expertly::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#aOPS: Keep an open comm to both teams, inform me of any relevant information.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy>

::mutters something about the shuttle names on this ship and begins launch, powering up the thrusters, turning the shuttle and taking it out of the rear doors nice and slow::

<aOPS_Fales>

CO: Understood, sir.

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

::Flys through the shuttlebay door, gun in hand. Looks stoicly at Feyna:: CTO: I'm sorry I'm late ma'am. Today isn't my day.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy>

::pilots the shuttle smoothly down towards the location on the planet, waiting for the...Iliad...to catch up:: MED: Been onboard long, Cadet? I haven't either, not learned everyone's names yet.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

TAC: And now it isn't my day either.  For that, you can pilot.  ::Moves out of the seat, to the science station::

 

ACTION: The Odyssey passes through the shuttle bay field, arcing gracefully towards the planet's surface, the edge of the black mark just visible on the terminus.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::taps is fingers on his armrest:: aOPS: I'm getting antsy up here, Mr. Fales. It's been too quiet for the past couple of hours.

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

CTO: Yes ma'am. ::Sits down in the pilot seat:: I'm not what you would call a navigator by the way. Just throught I'd mention. But I can fly.

<Med_Cdt_Rousseau>

CEO: This is my first ship assignment and my first away mission. My name's Cadet Rousseau, nice to meet you.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

TAC: Good job the shuttle should be able to navigate for you

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy>

::smiles, reaching around and giving her hand a shake:: MED: Rick Foxworthy; it's a pleasure, Doc.

 

<aOPS_Fales>

::glanc es back at Rome, not sure what to say::

 

<Med_Cdt_Rousseau>

:Relaxing a bit, smiles:: CEO: Thanks! likewise.

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

::Enagages the ignition sequence and takes off, moving the shuttle slow in the bay, rapidly accelerating as they leave::

 

ACTION: The Iliad soon follows the Odyssey towards the planet, one shuttle headed for the scar, the other towards the dampening field.

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#aOPS: Nevermind. ::sighs and picks up a PADD::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy>

::runs a few quick scans of the landing spot, using the sensors to map out the gap where the dampening field sits:: MED: This should be nice and calm, we'll just quickly and quietly pull the Away Team out and you can work your healing magic if they need it.

 

ACTION: A warning light flashes on the Odyssey's flight panel.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy>

::flicks open the comms:: *aOPS*: Odyssey to Hyperion. We're approaching the d-Wait a second. ::checks the diagnostics::

 

<Med_Cdt_Rousseau>

CEO: Understood

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy>

::frowns down at the console:: MED: Looks like we're being scanned...

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy>

::runs a feedback trace along the same bandwidth, attempting to pick out the originating location:: MED: Hmmm...::flicks open the comm again:: *aOPS*: It looks like we're being scanned from somewhere inside the dampening field.

 

<aOPS_Fales>

: :sits up suddenly:: CO: Something seems to be scanning the Odyssey, sir. ::checks his readings:: Our readings confirm.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

TAC: Lets get this show on the road

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#aOPS: Source?

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::puts the PADD down and sits up, bringing his console online::

 

<aOPS_Fales>

CO: Foxworthy thinks it's coming from the dampening field.

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

::The shuttle comes to within clear visual range of 'the scar':: CTO: Leftenant, can see any nice spot to land?

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy>

::modifies one of the shuttle's Type 7 probes with the same deflector modifications he's using on the shuttle, then launches it towards the dampening field on the planet:: MED: Let's see if my theory works...

 

ACTION: The scanning of the Odyssey ends. Moments later, it's the Iliad's turn.

 

<Med_Cdt_Rousseau>

::Punches a few buttons on the console:: CEO: Checking for the effects of the scan

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

CTO: Preferably one we can.......What the hell?

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#*CEO*: Commander, the scan might be passive....just puts down at your designated zone and keep the shuttle clear of the field. Let's not assume danger. Unless you see danger, then assume danger.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::As she taps on the console, looking for a landing location, she notes the scan::

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

*CO*: We are being scanned.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy>

::smiles lightly and guides the shuttle down to their designated coordinates:: *CO*: Moving words, Captain. I'll keep my eyes closed.

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

::Looks at Feyna:: CTO: Nice to know someone's watching eh?

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#*CTO*: Foxy reports the same on his end. Seems to be coming from inside that field. Continue with your mission, but keep an open link with the Odissey.

 

ACTION: The probe fires from the shuttle's launcher, screaming towards the dampening field. Sensors on the shuttles and aboard the ship light up, as the once-dead area gives off heavy energy readings. A flash of light can be seen in the distance, and the probe ceases to transmit.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Opens the link to the odessey::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy>

MED: See if you can detect any lifesigns in or around the dampening field, or the landing zo-::watches his probe get vaporised:: Hmmm...::begins checking for weapons signatures::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::leans forward as the data relayed from the shuttle comes on tehe viewer:: aOPS: Fascinating.

 

<Med_Cdt_Rousseau>

CEO: yes sir, checking for lifesigns. ::watches the console, punching a few buttons and looking at the screen::

 

<Med_Cdt_Rousseau>

::looks a bit worried

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

::Begins to take the shuttle down, hoping none of his implants shut down again::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::When the scan ceases, she finds a location  to land, sending th co-ords to Douglas::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy>

::notices the Cadet's worried look and gives her a smile:: MED: It's fine, we buy probes by the dozen.

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

::Takes a good look at the spot as they move in to land:: CTO: Looks like a nice spot to set up a picnic, no?

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy>

::touches the Shuttle down gently in their designated area, waiting for Rousseau to confirm lifesign readings:: *aOPS*: We've touched down, Hyperion. The probe I launched got hit with some kind of beam, massive energy readings from inside that dampening field but I can't tell what kind.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#aOPS: Run that scan against all information on the Borg.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

TAC: You brought a picnic?

 

ACTION: Two fortunately-different-looking beams emerge form the dampened area, cloaking the shuttles in a blue-purple haze. Power starts to drain from their propulsion systems.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#*CEO*: We're working on it here, Commander. Proceed with your mission, but let's stop firing projectiles at the unknown for now.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Sees the power drain:: Self: Oh great, now what?

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy>

::mutters, quickly shutting down the warp core before any more power can be drained from the systems:: Self: They have beams now!?

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

*Hyperion*: Captain, are you seeing this up there?

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy>

*Iliad*: Shut your warp core down! Don't let the beam drain any more energy.

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

::Does an emergency warp core shut down::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#*Away teams*: Away teams, we're registering the power drain. Get your equipment to the clear.

 

<aOPS_Fales>

CO: Yessir! ::checks the data against known Borg signatures:: Uh... I'm not seeing anything.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy>

::powers the shuttle down on RCS thrusters only, landing them safely at the designated coordinates::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

TAC: Think you can glide us down?

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

::Shuttle bumps in the air resistance:: CTO: Yeah. We'll be fine. Just bumpy.

 

<Med_Cdt_Rousseau>

CEO: Sir, I'm getting readings of complex fauna, but they disappeared just after that flash of light

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

Tac: Then we can concentrate the remainder of our power on sensors and comm

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy>

@::nods, beginning a shutdown of the rest of those systems after landing:: MED: Sounds like we need to do a visual inspection, then.

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

CTO: Well, we're coming up on the landing zone, you may wanna brace a little. ::Angles the shuttle nose up:

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

::Grips the arms of her seat::

 

<Med_Cdt_Rousseau>

::straps herself in.. wait, no seatbelts?::

 

ACTION: The shuttles touch down in their designated areas, safely but roughly. The beams from the dampening field disappear.

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

@CTO: See? Fine. ::Smiles at the leftenant::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

@TAC: Just a little rattling of my bones.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::walks over to the replicator and orders a Raktajino:: aOPS: One quiet day. A silly old supply run or studying a gaseus anomaly. Just, for once.

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

@::Stands up and walks to the shuttle door release panel::

 

<aOPS_Fales>

CO: I feel like we'd get bored, sir.

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

@CTO: Ready up ma'am?

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy>

@::gets up from his seat and grabs a tactical belt from the equipment store, handing it to the Cadet:: MED: Here, you probably won't need it with those big, burly Security folk but just in case. ::smiles, then hits the door release and steps out, unhooking his Tricorder as he goes::

 

@SCENERY: The planet's surface is mostly jungle, though not terribly dense. It's also humid, but not oppressively so; under other circumstances, it might seem idyllic.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::sits down:: aOPS: We would at that...::takes a sip of coffee::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

@::Tucks her knife into her belt, and grabs a tricorder::  TAC: Sure.  Lets look for Danaan.

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

@::Hits the door release, and raises his weapon as the door falls open::

 

<Med_Cdt_Rousseau>

@::stands up, grabbing medkit and tricorder::

 

<aOPS_Fales>

CO: The shuttles have touched down, sir. Looks like everything's fine, for the moment.

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

@CTO: Keep your eyes peeled for giant angry spiders.

 

<Med_Cdt_Rousseau>

@CEO: Should I scan for lifesigns sir?

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#aOPS: Thank you, Lieutenant.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

@TAC: You seem to have a habit of speaking the obvious today

<CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy>

@::steps down onto the planet's surface, wondering briefly what it would be like to live here - build a nice cabin by those trees, dig a pool...:: CTO: Lieutenant, I'd suggest taking it slowly. I'm going to check out the Borg wreckage, although i'm fairly sure it's inert and useless. ::turns, giving Rousseau a smile:: MED: Follow this lovely lady, you're going to be heading into the great wilderness.

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

@::Gets the feeling Feyna doesnt like him much:: CTO: Sometimes somebody needs to.

 

@ACTION: Foxworthy heads off towards the wreckage while the others near the edge of the dampening field. There's no visual clue that it's there, but their instruments paint it clear as day.

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

@::Grumbles "screw it" under his breath a moment, before turning to Feyna:: CTO: Is something the matter Leftenant?

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy>

@::scans slowly from left to right, taking in the crash site and the strewn wreckage, ancient Borg technology. Historians would have better luck here than he would, this is thousands of years old, the Borg were barely more than a collection of circuits at this point::

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

@::Looks back at Douglas, diverting her from scouting defensive locations::  TAC: Like what?

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

@::Fiddles with his tricorder setting it to emit an ionised field, whilst hoping Feyna engages his question::

 

<Med_Cdt_Rousseau>

@::Scanning for lifesigns with the tricorder::

 

@ACTION: As Foxworthy nears the wreckage, an eerie sight greets him; much of the plant-life surrounding the wrecking appears to be withered, and shards of blackened hull jut our from the landscape.

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

@CTO: I dont know, but I'm the one that was turned off like a machine, by a planet.... You just give me the sense that you're infinitely more pissed off than I am.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy>

@::looks disgusted for a moment, rethinking his idea of a cabin::

 

@ACTION: Meanwhile, near the dampening field, the jungle seems relatively quiet as night approaches.

 

<CTO_Lt_Feyna>

@::Sighs quietly::  TAC: I'm pissed off at the world.  Plus my parents were killed by the Borg.  I don't react...like myself in situations involving them.  don't take it personally.

<CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy>

@::quietly rethinks a lot of things, switching on his beacon and attaching it to his wrist:: Self: You're not scared of the dark, you're a god-damned adult.

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

@::Understands Feyna's words and takes them to heart:: CTO: I lost both my parents because of the Dominion. I understand.

 

@ACTION: Until, that is, a low rumbling can be heard, followed by a mighty burst of noise in the distance. A familiar beam of blue-purple light erupts into the sky.

 

ACTION: The lights flicker briefly on the Hyperion as the ship is engulfed in the light.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy>

@::turns, glancing up at the beam of light burning into the sky::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#::grabs the side of his chair:: aOPS: REPORT

 

<aOPS_Fales>

CO: Uh... we're being scanned from the sufrace, sir.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

#NAV: Take us into a higher orbit, Ensign. We can't afford a power drain like we've already witnessed.

 

<aNAV_Vasquez>

CO: Aye, sir! ::adjusts orbit z+100km::

 

<TAC_Cdt_Douglas>

@::Sees the blue beam light up the night sky and head for orbit:: Self: Hyperion....

 

<<<Pause Mission>>>


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage