U.S.S. Bremen - 11407.30, Mission #20

"What Happened to the Time?"


Untitled document

USS Bremen

Last time on the Bremen: The Bremen is stranded on the outskirts of the Rigel system after her engines were sabotaged by rogue Romulan officers from the past. Having regained control of Main Engineering, the Engineering crews are hard at work repairing the ship while the Timeship Valiant loomes on the horizon, to take their 'guests' for Temporal cleaning.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Resume Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>
::sits in his ready room, a pensive look on his face as he goes over what he can find of temporal law::

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>
::adjusts the shield harmonics to a non-standard frequency, in case the Timeship has some fancy tricks they don't know about::

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>
::turns in his chair and taps is badge:: *CO*: Captain. We're working as fast as we can, but the power loss caused a fracture in the dilithium housing. We're attempting micro-fusion, but it might need replacing.

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>
::curses silently, but nods before tapping his comm badge:: *CEO*: Understood, Commander. I'll get in touch with one of our escort ships, see if they have any space housing rigs for us to use.

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>
*CO*: Thank you Captain. Replicating the part could take days, let's hope we're as good as your reviews say.

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>
::smiles, just slightly:: *CEO*: Some say I'm better. Griffiths, out.

ACTION: The Valiant is hailing, requesting shields be dropped for transport.

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>
::stands up and exits the Ready Room, striding over and taking his seat::

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>
::smiles at the Captain and returns to work::

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>
::checks his console:: *CO*: We're being hailed by the Valiant, sir. Would you like me to tell them to shove it, or did you want to play it all cool-like?

<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>
::sits straighter:: CO: We'll have to come up with something to stall them, right?

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>
::cracks his knuckles and stands up, putting his imposing frame to its best use:: SCI: That's your job, Ensign. See what your scans pick up about this ship. :;glances back towards Tactical:: CTO: Let's see how cool-like goes for us. Put them through.

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>
::puts the Valiant on screen::

ACTION: A heavily bearded human with dark bags under his eyes appears on screen, his uniform a somewhat darker variant of the Starfleet issue.


<Agent_Brown>
*CO*: Commander Griffiths. Why are your shields raised?

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>
::takes a long, appraising look at Agent Brown::

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>
::puts on a pleasant smile:: *Brown*: It's nice to meet you too, Agent. I'm waiting to hear back from the office of the JAG for this sector. Standard temporal directive states that shields are to be raised, contact with other ships left to a minimum and logs are to be locked to the Commanding Officer and the Admiralty. But...you'd know that, right?

<Agent_Brown>
::sighs:: *CO*: Captain, I understand your anger, but I follow my rules as you should follow yours.

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>
::levels his gaze at the man on the screen:: *Agent*: Oh, I'm not angry, Agent Brown. Not yet.

<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>
::notices that while she's running scans of her own, the Valiant is poking and prodding at Bremen's shields. she sends a message to CTO's console:: CTO: He's looking for a way through.

<Agent_Brown>
::smiles through his bushy beard:: *CO*: I know, I've seen you angry.

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>
::checks another message on his console, and sighs:: CO: Sir, we've received a reply from JAG.

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>
::leaves the comment unchallenged:: *Agent*: These men, the Romulans that are currently displaced in time, are under my authority and my protection. I cannot let them be taken for for summary execution. Now, if you will kindly hold position, we will be in contact once this matter is sorted out.

<Agent_Brown>
::stands up and takes a sip of coffee:: *CO*: Commander, I wish I didn't have to do this, but we've spent the last 3 weeks since your report mapping the time distortions..there's no other way.

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>
::gives Henry a nod to cut Brown off and put the JAG through:: Self: Pompous officials.

ACTION: Brown's image is replaced by a Tellarite woman wearing JAG colors

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>
::stands to attention and gives the JAG a nod:: *JAG*: Sir, Commander Rhodri Griffiths, Captain USS Bremen. Thank you for speaking with me.

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>
::ignores Brown's hails::

<JAG_Vrali>
::smiles politely and nods:: *CO*: Captain Griffiths, I have received your report. ::holds up a PADD::

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>
::smiles in return:: *JAG*: Thank you, sir. We're currently in something of a stand off with the temporal agent in question.

<JAG_Vrali>
::nods gravely::

<JAG_Vrali>
*CO*: Captain, though I believe that the matter is being handled somewhat..distastefully, I have received orders from the Commander in Chief herself....Temporal Investigations have full jurisdiction in the matter.

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>
::frowns at the screen::

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>
*JAG*: I'd like to challenge that, sir, hence my contact with your office. I cannot see how summarily executing two Romulan officers in this current time will possibly affect the timeline. Either we return them to their current period to restore balance, or they return to Romulus. Killing them solves nothing.

<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>
::a short alarm goes off at her station:: CTO: He's scanning for them--if he's able to get through our shields--

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>
SCI: Erect additional forcefields around their quarters.

<JAG_Vrali>
::raises an eyebrow:: *CO*: Captain, there is NO Romulus. TI believes if they are handed over to the...wrong faction..they might be-

ACTION: The comm is cut

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>
::adjusts the shield harmonics again::

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>
::mutters:: Self: New Romulus then! ::turns to Tactical:: CTO: What happened to the communication?

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>
::checks his console:: CO: We're being jammed. We really only have the one option, sir.

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>
::curses again:: CTO: Dammit. Put Agent Brown back through.

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>
CO: He's right Captain, comms are working fine on our end.

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>
::tries to patch Brown back in::

<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>
::puts up as much forcefield defense as she can around the Romulans' quarters. and a few others, just so it doesn't look like pinpointed targets. if it isn't too late already::

ACTION: Agent Brown appears back on screen, his feathers somewhat ruffled.

<Agent_Brown>
*CO*: Commander. I believe you have your answers....I am not willing to go another 12 rounds with you here.

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>
::narrows his eyes slightly:: *Agent*: Just what game are you playing, Agent? I've been polite up until now, given you the benefit of the doubt in the hope that we can work this out through normal channels. Why do you want those Romulans dead do badly?

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>
<so badly>

<Agent_Brown>
*CO*: I want nothing Commander...we've calculated the risk. If they are to live, we risk....we risk catastrophe. That is all I can tell you.

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>
::tries really hard not to interject::

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>
*Agent*: That's not good enough! We're talking about two lives here, I can't just let them go off and die for some vague answers. Now tell me...The truth, all of it, including just where exactly you come from.

<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>
::since now it doesn't matter who hears:: Aloud: He's trying to get a transporter lock.

<Agent_Brown>
::let's out a small chuckle:: *CO*: there's no easy way to answer that.

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>
CO: We need to decide now, sir; if we want to save these men, we need to move.

<Agent_Brown>
::looks over at Sumner, then raises a finger to someone off screen::

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>
::glances back at the Science console:: SCI: Rotate the shield frequencies, let the computer handle random patterns. Don't let him through.

ACTION: A tractor beam grabs onto the Bremen

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>
::catches his footing as the Bremen shakes:: *Agent*: I'm giving you one warning, Brown. Drop your tractor beam.

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>
::locks weapons on the tractor emitter::

<Agent_Brown>
*CO*: Now there's the Griffiths I remember....always so ready to fight, even though he can not win. Please....I have no beef with you, or your crew.

<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>
::sets the computer to keep rotating the frequencies every few seconds::

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>
*Brown*: We have a beef with you. If you are willing to betray Federation ideals and kill two innocent men, then you are an enemy of the Federation.

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>
*Agent*: Funny, you're ordering one. Drop your tractor beam, and return to whatever place and time you've come from. You're not having these men and that's final - Nothing good is ever hidden behind secrets, Agent Brown.

<Agent_Brown>
*CTO*: Where do you think my orders come from Henry? You of all people should understand that!

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>
::smirks:: *Brown:* If you really think you know me, then you should know how I feel about using 'following orders' as an excuse.

<Agent_Brown>
::looks saddened:: *CTO*: I wish that were true..

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>
::grits his teeth, his heavy fists clenching:: CTO: I'm tired of this. Take out the tractor emitters, rotating modulations on the phasers and load all forward torpedos.

ACTION: Shields drop and the whole senior crew is temporarily blinded


<CTO_Lt_Sumner>
::tries to hit the Red Alert button from memory::

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>
::raises his hand to his eyes, stumbling back:: Self; What the hell!? ::blinks repeatedly::

SCENE: The senior crew comes to on the Bridge of the Valiant, Agent Brown standing before them with his hands behind his back.

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>
::growls, launching himself towards brown fists first::

<Agent_Brown>
::falls back as Griffith's fist connects with his jaw::

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>
::glances around and intercepts the first security officer he sees::

ACTION: Security officers rush to and grab Griffiths and Sumner.

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>
::grabs him by the throat with the other hand, fingers squeezing tightly to just give him enough air:: Brown: Didn't see that one coming, did you?

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>
::feels the other security officers grabbing him, throwing out his elbows and feet behind him to see what he connects with, fighting dirty just like he was taught::

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>
::goes down swinging::

<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>
::slowly uncovers her eyes, blinking, cowering a little, everything still blurry:: All: Stop--everyone stop!

<Agent_Brown>
::rubs his neck as the Security officers wrestle Griffiths away:: CO: Always the same with you....I would have expected that from Henry, but I thought you had learned your lesson.

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>
::struggles against his holders:: Agent: Say my name one more god damned time, I dare you...

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>
::spits and struggles:: Agent: Don't give me any of your shit, Brown! Give me back the Romulans and let us go, or I'll show you just how angry I can get.

<Agent_Brown>
::sighs as he walks around a table, filled with tea and sandwiches:: All: You've been out for a few hours, you must be hungry....please.

<Agent_Brown>
CO: I can't do that, the Romulans have been erased from this time.

<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>
Agent: Hours? What did you DO to us?

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>
::struggles even harder against the security person:: Agent: You bastard! What is wrong with you!?

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>
::just stares at Brown, smoldering::

<Agent_Brown>
SCI: Crossing the time barrier takes....it happens in......it's hard to explain. But you are unharmed

<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>
Agent: ...Then the next question has to be...WHEN are we right now?

<Agent_Brown>
::holds up his hands:: All: Please. I brought you over here to explain. I owe you that.

<Agent_Brown>
SCI: I can't even begin to explain that one, I'm sorry. ::smiles::

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>
Brown: Save it. If this is how Starfleet is going to operate, then it can kiss my ass.

<Agent_Brown>
CTO: I am sorry for my earlier remarks....I got the dates wrong by a couple of years, that ..... does tend to happen. You will understand one day, just...just know that I did what I had.

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>
::calms down somewhat, still despising having anything done to him unwillingly, and finally shrugs off the two security guys holding him back:: Agent: Just get your gloating over with, Brown, then get the hell out of my time period.

<Agent_Brown>
CO: I don't gloat, Commander. Does it look like I'm enjoying this, I'm trying to be civil.

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>
Brown: Horseshit. ::looks to the security officers::

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>
::says nothing, simply stares at Brown::

<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>
CTO: Let him talk. What else are we going to do, keep fighting?

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>
::glances to sh'Hruvek:: Brown: If I promise not to kick you ass, will your goons let me go?

<Agent_Brown>
All: Your Science officer is correct....let me at least explain.

<Agent_Brown>
::looks over to his guards:: SEC: If he tries anything, stun him. That man is extremely dangerous.

<Agent_Brown>
CTO: Or will be. ::looks him in the eye, then moves to grab a cup::

<Agent_Brown>
All: In a few years....for you, a few years ago, a star will go supernova in the Romulan empire.

<Agent_Brown>
::takes a sip of his tea, then continues:: All: A rogue ex-Starfleet operative, tried to stop the explosion from taking out hundreds of worlds....in doing so, he created a fracture in time/space. A very dangerous one.

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>
::folds his arms as he listens::

<Agent_Brown>
::keeps a wary eye on Henry::

<Agent_Brown>
All: Sub Commander Vort's only offspring, a son....will play a key role in that disaster.......Vort was never supposed to survive his mission. And now he won't.

<Agent_Brown>
All: We are still trying to keep the fracture from spilling, any...and I mean ANY deviation from the timeline is forbidden. It is our highest mandate....It's my life's work.

<Agent_Brown>
::walks back to his seat and sits down::

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>
::glowers quietly before speaking:: Brown: Let's just go back and fix all of the 'mistakes' from ever happening. Maybe we can go and kill Kang and Koloth before they destroyed Outpost 41, or kill the Borg Queen before she sends a ship to invade Sol. You life's work is a sham. Now send us back, I'm tired of being near you.

<Agent_Brown>
::slowly shakes his head:: CO: I wish it were that simple, Commander. And deep down you know it's not possible.

<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>
::with her arms wrapped around herself:: Agent: So you killed them in order to keep the disaster from getting worse and endangering even more people. That's the endgame.

<Agent_Brown>
::nods:: SCI: It had to be done.

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>
Agent: I guess they don't have sarcasm in the futurepast. Now send us back.

<Agent_Brown>
::sighs and places his palms on his thighs, rubbing them slowly:: CO: I will, just one thing first....you won't be able to remember this.

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>
::folds his heavy arms across his chest and waits::

<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>
Agent: Then why take the time to tell us now?

<Agent_Brown>
SCI: Because......this time, I wanted...I wanted someone to understand why.

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>
Brown: I understand that you can go fuck yourself.

<Agent_Brown>
::raises his hand:: CTO: Until next time....you beast.

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>
Agent: Don't cross our path again, Brown. I won't be so polite next time.

ACTION: The whole crew is back at their stations, a hail coming in.

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>
::looks over to OPS::

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths>
::sits in his seat and nods to OPS to put it through::

<OPS_Cdt_Mor>
CTO: Channel open sir

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>
OPS: Neat. ::looks to the viewscreen::

<CO_Dom>
*Bremen*: Bremen, we see you on long range scanners. ::smiles:: TI is looking forward to debriefing you.

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>
*Dom*: I'm sure that will be fun. We shouldn't be too much longer, assuming Adalberto keeps the ship together.

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>
CTO: Hey.

<CO_Dom>
*CTO*: See you soon. Daystrom out.

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>
CEO: What? I'm just saying, it's been, like five different ships the past couple days. I can't imagine it's in great share after that.

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>
CEO: Trust me. Alright?

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>
::raises his hands in capitulation:: CEO: Alright.

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>
::stands up and grabs his toolkit:: CTO: I just need to see to the Replicator system....not a big deal.

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>
CTO: Beer and wings down at the lounge tonight, right?

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>
::winks at sh’Hruvek:: SCI: you're invited, too.

<OPS_Cdt_Mor>
::looks back from his station and says out loud, no thats what im talking about::

<SCI_Ens_shHruvek>
::with a laugh:: CEO: I'll make sure to clear my busy schedule!

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>
OPS: You too, kiddo!

<CTO_Lt_Sumner>
CEO: Kiddo... ::just shakes his head::

<OPS_Cdt_Mor>
CEO: Much appreciated sir, i'm sure that will help the chef get over his tragic loss

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< End Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage