U.S.S. Bremen - 11406.05, Mission #15

"The Fire"


Star Trek: Engage Transcript “The Fire” Part 1

 

Game Directed by: Aoibhe Ni

 

Starring:

James Greenman as CO Commander Rhodri Griffiths

Sophie Wakeling as XO Commander Anya Nicole Jameson

Einar Sigurðsson as CEO Lt Commander Anthony Adalberto

CJ Short as CTO Lt. Henry James Sumner

Andrew James as CMO Lt. Ajala Ecchumati

Kyle Renaud as TAC Ensign Darloch

Shawna F as SCI Ensign Raqiin sh'Hruvek

Dave Butler as OPS Cadet Rohan Mór

and Wesley Cowan as NAV Cadet Vincent Calhoun     

 

 

Mission Summary:

The Bremen has been tasked with moderating a political dispute between two powerful but peaceful cities on the Federation planet of Nehru. En route, they have been asked to stop by Starbase 621 to drop off a special package to an eminent and ancient scientist.

We join them about 10 minutes from the starbase.

 

<<<Begin Mission>>>

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> ::sits on his chair on the bridge, scratching his chin idly:: aNAV: ETA to the Starbase, Ensign?

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> ::bobs his head to himself, checking some things at his console on the bridge::

 

<CMO_Lt_Ecchumati> ::in her office down in Sickbay going over the latest results from the physicals::

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson> ::Is sitting in the XO chair, reading through the rotas she'd set::

 

<GM_Aoibhe> <aNAV_Bleet> CO: Ten minutes out, sir.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> CTO: Truly amazing Henry....that woman has written stuff that I can only dream of. ::showing him Doctor Von Ubique's paper on quantum warp field generation::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> CTO: I hope we get to meet her.

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> CEO: It's pretty outstanding, isn't it? She had a fantastic way of writing, too; she can express the ideas in a way that's easy for the layman to graps, while still providing substance, you know?

 

<CMO_Lt_Ecchumati> ::gets up and heads out of Sickbay::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> ::places the PADD down on the console:: CTO: She inspired the latest deflector designs on the Sentinel too.

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> CEO: All good stuff. I'm curious to learn about what she's working on now, though; apparently it's supposed to be her crowning achievement, or something, which would be kind of crazy.

 

<CMO_Lt_Ecchumati> ::enters the bridge::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> CTO: You think she'd let us read it...?

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> ::glances back over his shoulder to see Ajala step onto the bridge:: CMO: Doctor. Come to see our approach to Starbase 621? ::smiles::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> ::looks over his shoulder:: CMO: Hey Ajs.

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> ::shrugs:: CEO: Unlikely. She might give some hints, though, if she's anything like she was in that lecture I went to.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> CTO: Let's hope.

 

<CMO_Lt_Ecchumati> ::nods with a smile and steps forward:: CO: Yes, it was a bit quiet in sickbay. Which is a good thing. ::CEO: Hey Tony.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> ::nods and heads back to his station::

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson> ::Looks up as the Doctor enters the bridge, and gets back to adjusting the rotas::

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> ::glances briefly between Tony and the Doctor, wondering if she was the secret girlfriend he'd heard scuttlebutt about::

 

<GM_Aoibhe> <aNAV_Bleet> CO: Approaching the station now, sir. Slowing to quarter impulse.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> ::sits down at Engineering:: CO: Warp core powering down, Captain.

 

ACTION: The Bremen glides towards Starbase 621 like an oiled-up whale down a water slide.

 

<CMO_Lt_Ecchumati> ::watches the viewscreen wondering what all the fuss is about this Doctor Von Ubique::

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson> ::Looks up for a moment again, and then loses interest::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> ::tugs on his uniform and stands up:: aOPS: Contact the station and get our docking clearance please, Cadet.

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> CO: Station has approved a once-over of our systems, Captain.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> ::nods back towards tactical:: CTO: Perfect. I'm not sure how long we're going to be out at Nehru, we may as well use the time while we have it.

 

<GM_Aoibhe> <aOPS_Maynooth> CO: Yessir.

 

<GM_Aoibhe> <aOPS_Maynooth> CO: Clearance accepted, Captain.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> ::looks back down towards the conn:: aNAV: Take us in, Ensign, thrusters to full.

 

<GM_Aoibhe> <aNAV_Bleet> ALL: Making final approach, now. ALL: I don't know why they call it "final approach"... It sounds so terminal.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> ::chuckles quietly:: aNAV: Carry on, Ensign. ::turns and gives Jameson a nod before stepping up onto the upper tier:: XO: You have the bridge, Commander.

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> aNAV: Just think of every transition from point a to point b as a singular experience. The life of a starship is filled with thousands of little deaths. ::stares creepily at Bleet::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> ::chuckles::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> ::steps into the Turbolift, one foot holding the door:: SCI: Ready, Ensign?

 

<GM_Aoibhe> <aNAV_Bleet> ::eyes go wide as he looks back at CTO:: CTO: er...

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson> ::Looks up for the third time:: CO: Yes Captain

 

<SCI_Ens_shHruvek> ::practically spins right out of her chair to get over to the lift:: CO: Ready as I'll ever be, sir!

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> ::just slowly nods at Bleet, his face turning up in a haunting smile::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> SCI: Get an autograph!

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> ::his shoulder slump:: Self: I am such a geek

 

<GM_Aoibhe> <aNAV_Bleet> ::hears an alarm on his console and realises he hasn't been looking where the ship is going. Hands in a flurry, he manages to catch up and dock in a matter of seconds before the ship touches the station::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> ::flashes a grin and lets her step in:: CTO/CEO: If Doctor Von Ubique lets us peek at her notes, we'll let you know. ::chuckles quietly:: TL: Transporter Room one.

 

<CMO_Lt_Ecchumati> ::subtly rolls her eyes at the CTO and CEO jumping on the bandwagon::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> aNAV: Dock us, not kill us.

 

<TAC_Ens_Darloch> :: makes sure all paperwork is done and than hurries off to the holodeck while we dock for my next hockey practice::

 

<GM_Aoibhe> <aNAV_Bleet> ::manages to keep his mouth shut, and not blame the freaky-faced CTO:: CEO: Worst case, we'd have a dent.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> ::steps off the Turbolift and walks into the Transporter Room with Raqiin in tow:: SCI: Looking forward to meeting the Doctor, Ensign? ::opens the storage locker, carefully pulling out the package and holding it under one arm while he slides a type 1 phaser and a tricorder into his belt::

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> ::sits at his station and puts his feet up on the console while the Captain is away::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> aNAV: And who'd have to fix it? Hmm ?

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> ::steps up onto the transporter pad::

 

<GM_Aoibhe> <aNAV_Bleet> ::turns to CEO as he sets his console to inactive:: CEO: One of

your staff, sir?

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> aNAV: Exactly. But that's besides the point.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> ::turns to his station and pushes a few buttons:: aNAV: Ready for station power. Docking ?

 

<GM_Aoibhe> <aNAV_Bleet> ::considers that a victory. That will certainly feature in his

Christmas Newsletter to his family::

 

<GM_Aoibhe> <aNAV_Bleet> CEO: Complete! ::sits a little smugly::

 

<SCI_Ens_shHruvek> CO: I've read a number of her papers. She's...brilliant. Sometimes beyond me, but definitely someone worth meeting with a mind like hers. I'll try not to embarrass myself. Or you, sir.

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson> ::Keeps a subtle eye on the bridge crew, and hopes that Sumner cleans his console before the Captain gets back::

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> aNAV: I ain't petting your head.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> ::puts the ship over to station power::

 

<GM_Aoibhe> <aNAV_Bleet> ::smiles to himself, in a little world of his own already::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> ::grins slowly:: SCI: That was the correct answer, Ensign, thank you. ::looks towards the transporter chief:: TRC: Grab coordinates from Station OPS and energise please, Chief.

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> ::glances over to the XO and grins:: XO: How's it goin'?

 

<CMO_Lt_Ecchumati> ::wonders why everyone loves this woman so much, a little aggrieved that people keep praising her, but knows it's just because she couldn't understand her papers::

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson> ::Smiles back, but a tired one::  CTO: Looking forward to the end of shift, so I can get some more sleep, but apart from that...  You?

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> XO: Commander, permission to contact station OPS.

 

<SCI_Ens_shHruvek> CO: Do we know what's in the package?

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> ::waits for the XO to answer Tony::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> ::pulls it out from under his arm and looks down at it:: SCI: Tea, the admiral said. Doctor Von Ubique likes it real, and fresh.

 

<CMO_Lt_Ecchumati> ::blurts out:: CO: Seriously? All this way for a cup of bloody tea?

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson> ::Turns her head to Adalberto::  CEO: Permission granted Commander

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> ::chuckles quietly:: SCI: There's a lot to be said for a good cup of tea, Ensign.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> <TR_Chief> ::finally receives coordinates to put them on the correct deck:: CO: Energising, sir.

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> XO: I'm better, now that we've settled in. Finally got some sleep. I recommend it.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> *Sigma Rho OPS*: Sigma Rho, this is Commander Adalberto, Chief Engineer of the Ho....Bremen. Requesting scheduled deuterium resupply.

 

<CMO_Lt_Ecchumati> ::harumphs:: CO: If you say so, Captain.

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson> CTO: It seems that I have not quite settled yet, and good sleep is yet to

find me

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> ::bites his tongue lightly before saying something stupid:: XO: Too busy, or?

 

<GM_Aoibhe> <SB_261_OPS> *CEO*: Er... was that communique for us, Hobremen?

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson> ::Picks up on the suggestion from Sumner::  CTO: Don't you think I’d have been in a better mood?

 

ACTION: Sparkly lights, disappearing people, just another day in the life of a Transporter chief

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> ::clears his throat:: *SB_261_OPS*: Bremen, yes. Is there another starbase out here?

 

<GM_Aoibhe> <SB_261_OPS> *CEO*: Sigma Rho certainly isn't... ::voice sounds snippy. It appears someone would prefer to be on an "important" starbase::

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> ::clears his throat lightly, giving a somewhat apologetic grin; he could never keep who was empathic straight:: XO: Probably. I'll, uh... I'll get back to work.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> @::checks his surroundings then consults the nearby map, noting the chief science office and heading in that direction:: SCI: This way...I think.

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson> ::Laughs a little tiredly at the awkwardness of Sumner::

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> ::puts his feet down, and stares at his console, realizing he doesn't have much to do, and taps his combadge:: *TAC*: Sumner to Darloch.

 

<SCI_Ens_shHruvek> @CO: You think? ::eyebrows raise a little:: Well, we'll get where we're going eventually if we walk around enough.  Maybe we should've brought Bleet along.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> *SB_Whatevs_OPS*: Please start our resupply. Bremen out.

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> @SCI: Perhaps. That man could find his way through the jungle in a snowstorm...::walks along for a little bit longer, then spots the correct door::...Aha! ::rings the chime as they both stand outside the office::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> ::shakes his head:: Self: What a douche.

 

<TAC_Ens_Darloch> :: stops halfway threw a skating drill:: CTO: yes sir

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> *TAC*: How's, uh... how's everything?

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> ::sighs softly at himself::

 

<GM_Aoibhe> <SB_261_OPS> Self: Starship officers... ass.

 

<TAC_Ens_Darloch> *CTO*: well my skating is improving  and the paperwork is done and on your desk

 

ACTION: Deuterium resupply is started without further delay

 

<CMO_Lt_Ecchumati> XO: So, erm, what exactly is the Doctor's work all about?

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> XO: The station has started resupplying, Commander.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> XO: With your permission, I shall start warp drive and impulse diagnostics.

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> *TAC*: Awesome. Thanks. ::looks around::

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson> CEO: Go for it Adalberto.  I trust you when it comes to our engines

 

<TAC_Ens_Darloch> *CTO*: once i master skating ill invite you to my first game if you want a good laugh

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> XO: Good thing I'm the Chief, then. ::grins::

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson> ::Laughs again, before looking round for the Doctor::

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> *TAC*: Sounds fun.

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson> CMO: Von Ubique?  I'm not totally familiar with her work.  Though I think these two ::jerks her head at Adalberto and Sumner::  might have an idea or two

 

<Dr_Von_Ubique> ::calls from inside the room to come in and make it snappy::

 

<Dr_Von_Ubique> @

 

<CMO_Lt_Ecchumati> XO: Yes, but those two are obviously biased.

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> XO/CMO: We're.....right here.

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> ::frowns some at the doctor::

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson> ::Gives Adalberto a grin:: CEO: No offense intended

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> @::nods to Raqiin and steps through the door with a quiet smile, glancing around before his eyes settle on the Doctor:: Dr: Doctor Von Ubique? I am Rhodri Griffiths, Captain of the Bremen. We've got a parcel for you from Starfleet Command.

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> ::picks up a padd and brings up Von Ubique's bio, and brings it over to CMO:: CMO: Here.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> ::Smiles and works his station::

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson> CMO: Honestly Doctor, I haven't had the chance to look up any information regarding her.  I vaguely remember hearing her name before

 

<CMO_Lt_Ecchumati> ::takes it:: CTO: Yes, I've read it, and her papers, but I'm a Doctor not a quantum physicist.

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> CMO: Suffice it to say that the reason Starfleet is able to do its job so well is because of her research.

 

<Dr_Von_Ubique> @ ::looks up slowly, disappointment crossing her face:: CO: Where's Captain Jeffries? I like Captain Jeffries.

 

<SCI_Ens_shHruvek> @::antennae reel back a moment at the less than warm welcome:: Dr: ...Well, that's not who they sent, ma'am.

 

<CMO_Lt_Ecchumati> ::nods:: CTO: It had better be good tea.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> ::offers the Doctor a genuine smile:: @Dr: I'm afraid his ship was diverted towards Romulan space, the honour was passed to me.

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> ::shrugs:: CMO: We were on our way, anyway.

 

<CMO_Lt_Ecchumati> CTO: Sorry, I'm just in a bad mood. ::hands the padd back:: Thanks though.

 

<TAC_Ens_Darloch> :: goes back to skating drills backwards for the first time sure glad there are no cameras in here at this point::

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> CMO: Something wrong, Doctor?

 

<Dr_Von_Ubique> @ ::looks at SCI:: SCI: And who are you? So young and so confident in your opinions... ::tuts and turns back to CO before SCI can reply:: CO: That's a pity. Well, state your business and let me get back to work. As you can see, I'm a very old woman, and between naps and bathroom breaks, I get very little time to work these days, and I don't want you wasting it.

 

<CMO_Lt_Ecchumati> ::smiles:: CTO: It's okay, thanks.

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> ::nods some and heads back to his station::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> @::flashes a quick grin at Raqiin then nods towards the Doctor:: Dr: Of course, Doctor. We've got a shipment of tea leaves here from Earth, we were asked to bring them to you with all haste. ::he gestures with the box, which seems to be heavy enough to be packed to the absolute brim with tea::

<Dr_Von_Ubique> @ ::waves a hand in the direction of her writing table:: CO: Just leave it there. And the rest? Where is that? ::stands up with difficulty::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> @::places the package with some care down on the table:: Dr: This was the only package, Doctor, but they packed it in tight. :;smiles briefly::

 

<SCI_Ens_shHruvek> @ ::quieter, chastised:: CO: Was there something else in there besides tea, maybe?

 

<Dr_Von_Ubique> @ ::humphs and walks slowly past her equipment and over to examine the package:: CO: You smile too much. ::rests a steadying hand on one of her many machines as she gets light headed and accidentally presses a protruding button::

 

ACTION: A loud WHOMPH! noise is heard throughout the station and the ship as an EM-like wave blasts out from the Doctor's lab

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> ::his console flickers as the diagnostic comes to a halt:: Self: What the ?

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> ::the diagnostic continues uninterrupted:: Self: Strange.

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> ::frowns as he hears a high-pitched whine:: CEO: The hell is that?

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> @::shakes his head at the odd occurrence, then steps over to help the Doctor keep her balance:: Dr: Are you okay, Doctor? What happened? ::glances over at Raqiin, giving her the signal to start scanning with her tricorder::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> CTO: Working on it...

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson> CTO/CEO: Status?

 

<CMO_Lt_Ecchumati> CEO/CTO: Must be strong tea.

 

<SCI_Ens_shHruvek> @ ::definitely already has it out, giving the doctor a once-over, trying not to be alarmed::

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> XO: Shit seems to be going down, Commander. ::frowns::

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson> CTO: Sounds technical...

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> ::shrugs:: CTO: A mouse ?

 

<Dr_Von_Ubique> <<<Pause Mission>>>

 

---

 

Copyright 2014 Star Trek: Engage


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage