U.S.S. Bremen - 11405.29, Mission #14

"Perception"


Star Trek: Engage Transcript “PERCEPTION”

 

Game Directed by: Aoibhe Ni

 

Starring:

James Greenman as CO Commander Rhodri Griffiths

Sophie Wakeling as XO Commander Anya Nicole Jameson

Einar Sigurðsson as CEO Lt Commander Anthony Adalberto

CJ Short as CTO Lt. Henry James Sumner

Andrew James as CMO Lt. Ajala Ecchumati

Kyle Renaud as TAC Ensign Darloch

Shawna F as SCI Ensign Raqiin sh'Hruvek

Dave Butler as OPS Cadet Rohan Mór

and Wesley Cowan as NAV Cadet Vincent Calhoun     

 

 

Mission Summary:

The Bremen has made a sharp u-turn and headed back in the direction of Ira, where it last had contact with the USS Hooke and her new residents in the hope that more information can be found as to the identity of the murderer (or murderers...)

Meanwhile, tensions are still high among the crew, especially among the small Bajoran contingent, with rumours of sharp words and a few scuffles reaching the bridge despite the Captain's epic speech about togetherness and loyalty and whatnot.

 

<<<Resume Mission>>>

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> ::waits impatiently in the briefing room, trying not to think of all the time that's being wasted::

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson> ::Is also in the briefing room, having left the interview with Sumner::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> ::steps into the Briefing room and nods to Henry, taking the seat next to him::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> XO: Ma'am.

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson> ::Nods and smiles at Adalberto, a little distracted::

 

<TAC_Ens_Darloch> :: gets notes together and heads quickly to Briefing room as ordered ::

 

<CMO_Lt_Ecchumati> ::in the shuttlebay, closes the med-kit having finished with it::

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> ::nods absently towards Tony, his mind busy::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> ::steps into the Turbolift ahead of the CMO, waiting for her to follow::

CMO: Okay Doctor, let me hear the latest before we get into the briefing.

 

<SCI_Ens_shHruvek> ::enters the briefing room, quietly looking around at everyone there before settling in::

 

<CMO_Lt_Ecchumati> ::follows the Captain into the turbolift and waits for the doors to close:: CO: Romulans.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> ::his face turns dark:: CMO: Dammit...That's not what I was hoping to hear. ::frowns:: TL: Bridge.

 

<CMO_Lt_Ecchumati> CO: I analyzed the data taken from Ashington's quarters. There was a partial DNA sample along the vent seal. It's definitely Romulan.

 

<TAC_Ens_Darloch> :: arrives at briefing room ahead of CO  hands CTO a copy of all data i dug up as well as the security schedule so TAC is on same page::

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> ::takes the PADD and skims over it:: TAC: Thank you, Darloch.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> CMO: I knew this was too complicated. Trust the Romulans to make everything as difficult as possible...Okay, we're heading back to Ira. Whoever it was must have been with the science or diplomatic teams, I can't imagine a Romulan infiltrator being on board either Federation ship for long without being uncovered.

 

<TAC_Ens_Darloch> CTO: No problem Sir

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> ::looks around the room, feeling out of place...a feeling that has been gnawing at his since his arrival::

 

<CMO_Lt_Ecchumati> CO: Could be they are posing as a Vulcan, Sir. Either way, I should be able to match a DNA sample to the one I have.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> CMO: Sounds like a plan to me, Doctor. ::steps off of the Turbolift and walks into the Briefing Room::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> ::takes a seat at the head of the table:: All: We've uncovered evidence that a Romulan was the likely culprit for Bill Ashington's murder, and they've likely made it seem like it was a Bajoran to sow some unrest amongst the ship.

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson> ::Looks with attention at Griffiths::

 

<CMO_Lt_Ecchumati> ::follows into the room and takes a spare seat::

 

<NAV_Ens_Calhoun> :: Enters Briefing Room and tries to look like he's been there the whole time.::

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> ::nods some::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> All: There is one group of people that we haven't considered as suspects, and that was the team that came on board the Bremen. It would have been the perfect getaway.

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> CO: Plant the canister, grab your bags, and step onto the Hooke. He wasn't even on board when Ashington was suffocating to death.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> ::nods towards Henry:: CTO: Exactly. So we're heading back to Ira IV and the U.S.S. Hooke. Either the suspect has made a run for it and we can chase them down, or they're still be there and we can apprehend them.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> All: The question is, how are we going to find our Romulan without tipping them off?

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> ::snaps out of it:: CO: Sorry sir....Romulan?

 

<CMO_Lt_Ecchumati> Aloud: We likely already have with the course changes and whatnot. ::realizes she said that aloud and pushes her lips tight together again::

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> CO: I have a few more questions to ask Mr. Noran; he might have interacted with one of the Vulcan team.

 

<SCI_Ens_shHruvek> CMO: No, you're right--they're going to be suspicious when we've come running back like we are.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> ::raises an eyebrow towards Tony:: CEO: That's right.

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson> ::Nods in agreement with the Doctor, but remains silent::

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> ALL: Have we sent word to the Hooke? They could lock down until we get there.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> CTO: How necessary do you think that is? We've already caused enough damage to Bajoran-Federation relationships. I'd like to absolve the entire crew from any of those.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> CO: Are we sure? There hasn't been any trouble with the Romulans since Hobus.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> CEO: Romulan DNA is pretty distinctive, and we have it in two places. There was a Romulan on board this ship, in Ashington's quarters, and that's twice as much information as we need.

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> CO: It won't be an interrogation, sir; in the meantime, I suggest we lift the general confinement order, and release the rest of the poker group, including Mr. Noran. I'll question him somewhere publicly.

 

<NAV_Ens_Calhoun> Aloud: Could we tell the Hooke that something was left aboard that we needed? That could get a team on board with minimal suspicion? Right?

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> ::nods::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> ::nods to Henry:: CTO: Make it so. ::looks around the table:: All: The Hooke has been notified of our return, but we haven't specified why. Either the Romulan will get spooked and jump, in which case we can catch them. Or they'll sit tight and hide, in which case we'll have to root them out.

 

<CMO_Lt_Ecchumati> ::leans forward and shakes her head a little:: CO: Well, actually, at first I thought it was Vulcan DNA. I was working with a degraded sample though. Perhaps we have their DNA on record from transporter activity, or we could send what we have to the Hooke so they can conclude the investigation before we even get there.

 

<TAC_Ens_Darloch> CO: isn’t it regulations for crew transfers to have a full medical work up upon arrival upon a new ship before reporting for duty if so couldn’t we do another scan here stating that Star Fleet wants an independent scan set up for some obscure purpose?

 

<CMO_Lt_Ecchumati> <activity>

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> CMO: Good idea, Doctor. Comb through the transporter logs, see if we can find a match.

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> CO: Would you like me to schedule extra patrols in the halls, in case there are more scuffles while things settle down?

 

<CMO_Lt_Ecchumati> ::nods acknowledgment of her new orders::

 

<SCI_Ens_shHruvek> CTO: Couldn't we just...let everyone know that nobody on the ship is a suspect anymore? Maybe that alone could settle things down.

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> SCI: It could... but I'm not sure how long some of the crew might hold a grudge.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> CO: Permission to assist the good Doctor, Captain.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> TAC: Sadly those teams are direct Starfleet reports, they don't always go through proper crew channels. ::turns, thinking for a moment then nodding:: CTO: But I want at least one Bajoran with every team, understand? I hate doing this, I don't like to let race factor into any of my orders, but it might help quell emotions a bit.

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> ::nods:: CO: Understood.

 

<TAC_Ens_Darloch> :: makes modifications to the schedule and transfers updated roster to CTO::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> ::nods to Tony:: CEO/CMO: See what you can both turn up by the time we get there. If we can get an exact match, we might even be able to pluck them off the ship or the surface before they even realize

 

<CMO_Lt_Ecchumati> ::smiles at the offer of help, feels the job will be easier with the techie bit taken care of::

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson> ::Makes notes of the meeting on her PADD::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> ::winks at the Doc::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> SCI: Ensign sh'Hruvek, tweak the bio sensors with any data that the Doctor and Command Adalberto turn up. If they're not wearing their comm badge or in hiding, it'll be easier if we can grab them by their bio-signs.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> All: Any questions?

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> ::shakes his head::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> ::nods, giving the group a smile:: All: Nice work, everyone. You have your orders.

 

<TAC_Ens_Darloch> CO:nothing here Sir

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> NAV: How long until we reach Ira IV, Cadet?

 

<CMO_Lt_Ecchumati> ::has a main, "what am I going to do?" question in her mind about the letter about Naoise but says nothing::

 

<NAV_Ens_Calhoun> CO: Not sure, sir, i kind of plotted the course and came right on in.

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> ::stands up, motioning to TAC:: TAC: Darloch, with me. ::heads out into the hallway::

 

<TAC_Ens_Darloch> CTO Yes Sir     ::Stands up and follows CTO::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> ::smiles slightly:: NAV: Alright, let's get back on the bridge and see what we can see. ::pushes his chair back:: All: Dismissed.

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson> ::Stands, and heads back towards the bridge, her head full of thoughts::

<NAV_Ens_Calhoun> :: Heads back to his chair, one surprisingly more comfortable than any other he's sat in.::

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> TAC: Ensign, I want you to monitor the movements of the poker group, just in place. Don't do it personally, but through the internal sensors. Just in case.

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> <just in case>

 

<TAC_Ens_Darloch> CTO : Understood i have them on my scans already  as i didn’t want one to slip by us again

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> ::walks out onto the bridge and takes his seat, waiting for Jameson to sit next to him before leaning in quietly:: XO: What're your thoughts on all of this, Commander? Why would the Romulans want to kill a crewman?

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> ::nods:: TAC: Good thinking.

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson> ::Speaks quietly::  CO: To cause dissent.

 

<GM_Aoibhe> >>>TIME JUMP>>>3 hours at maximum warp>>>

 

<GM_Aoibhe> ACTION: The Bremen comes within hailing range of the Hooke in orbit

around Ira IV.

 

<TAC_Ens_Darloch> CTO: Ill also get the first round of security personnel to their posts to keep anything from popping up before we arrive at Hooke

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> ::stands up and adjusts his uniform as they approach Ira IV:: CTO: Keep your eyes open for any shuttles or ships in the area, and see if there's anything cloaked.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> ::leans back in the chair, his feet resting on a biobed in Sickbay:: CMO: This always looks easier on crime procedural holoprograms.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> NAV: Open hailing frequencies to the Hooke, Cadet.

 

<CMO_Lt_Ecchumati> ::looking over the transporter records and lets out a big sigh:: CEO: Nothing. ::turns to look at him:: Yes, but they always have that magic technology that doesn't actually exist.

 

<NAV_Ens_Calhoun> :: Possess some buttons on his console.:: CO: Channel open, sir.

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> ::is on the bridge now, he guesses, and runs a tachyon sweep of the area::

 

<NAV_Ens_Calhoun> <Presses>

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> ::shrugs and plops his feet on the deck:: CMO: Coffee?

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> *Hooke*: USS Hooke, this is Captain Griffiths of the Bremen.

 

<CMO_Lt_Ecchumati> CEO: Sounds great. ::decides to go back over the records and run a closer analysis::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> Computer: Two coffees, double strong.

 

<XO_Cmdr_Jameson> ::Looks up from her PADD, as the Captain initiates a hail with the Hooke::

 

<AMB_Valkar> @*Bremen*: I am... curious to see your return, Captain Griffiths. ::stands on the bridge in full Vulcan get up::

 

<CMO_Lt_Ecchumati> CEO: There! Computer: Pause analysis, show me the previous base pair sequence.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> ::walks back to the Doc and hands her a mug:: CMO: What you got, Ajs?

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> *Valkar*: Ambassador Valkar, it's a pleasure to speak with you again. I apologize for the intrusion, but I am wondering if you are in contact with everyone from the diplomatic crew and the terraforming teams at the moment? Is there anyone missing?

 

<CMO_Lt_Ecchumati> CEO: Tony, look, this isn't right. When I analyzed the sample from the vent, I thought it was Vulcan at first but assumed it was from the degradation. But, here, ::points:: this perfect sample from the transporters has the same indicator.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> ::leans in:: CMO: Can you match it?

 

<AMB_Valkar> @ ::raises an eyebrow:: *CO*: I am in contact with many of my people, Captain. That is a large part of my remit. Why, I wonder, do you ask?

 

<CMO_Lt_Ecchumati> CEO: This DNA has been manipulated at the most basic level, to make the vestigial Vulcan parts stand out, to mask the true nature. That's our imposter. It's one of the Ambassador's team.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> ::pats her on the back:: CMO: Well done!

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> ::frowns some, still thinking they should have sent advanced word::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> ::taps his badge:: *CTO*: Adalberto to Sumner.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> *Valkar*: We have reason to believe that someone on one of your teams has committed a crime on board the Bremen, and we would like to speak with them. Our investigations have lead us back here.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> CMO: See if you can match it to the Starfleet database.

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> *CEO*: Go ahead, Tony.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> *CTO*: Henry, we have something. ::motions for Ajala to take over and explain::

 

<AMB_Valkar> @ *CO*: That is patently impossible, Captain. My teams are vetted and loyal. ::Raises his eyebrow further, if that's even possible:: *CO*: I am sorry that you have come so far out of your way on a fool's errand, but thus it is. ::steps forward:: *CO*: Perhaps some of my people may be of assistance nonetheless?

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> *CEO*: Awesome. Is there an identity attached to it?

 

<CMO_Lt_Ecchumati> ::runs the sample against the database::

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> *CEO*: I feel like that would be handy to have.

 

<CMO_Lt_Ecchumati> CEO: It's Rucksack... Rushack... No idea how you pronounce it... R'shak! ::rolls the r::

 

<SCI_Ens_shHruvek> ::glances at Sumner--is that a hit? someone to scan for? trying not to squirm in her seat here::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> *CTO*: Get that?

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> ::nods lightly, brushing off the typically Vulcan insult:: *Valkar*: I will appreciate that, Ambassador, and I appreciate your loyalty to your crew. However, I would have expected you to be a little more concerned with what our investigations has turned up and why it lead us back here to you.

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> *CEO*: Yes. Give my compliments to the doctor. ::looks up:: CO: Sir?

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> ::glances back at Sumner with a nod::

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> ::speaks quietly, just in case:: CO: We have an identity; R'shak.

 

<AMB_Valkar> *CO*: If you insist, you are of course welcome to come aboard and plead your case. I have exactly 36 minutes and 15 seconds before I am expected at the next round table discussion. Will this time suffice? ::looks as put out as a Vulcan ever does::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> ::nods, smiling his thanks before turning back to the viewscreen:: *Valkar*: Tell me, Ambassador. Do you know where R'shak is currently?

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> ::holds up his hand for a high five::

 

<AMB_Valkar> @::gestures to his right:: *CO*: By my side, as she always is.

<CMO_Lt_Ecchumati> ::gives the high five::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> CMO: Damn right.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> ::nods slightly, beginning to get a touch worried:: *Valkar*: Please make sure she remains on the bridge. With your permission, I will be beaming a team over directly.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> ::finishes his coffee and places it back in the replicator:: CMO: I'm heading to the Bridge, care to join me ?

 

<AMB_Valkar> @ ::stands in place, turns to R'shak and nods once:: *CO*: As you wish, though our time is limited.

 

<AMB_Valkar> @ <R'shak> ::makes a sudden run for it, diving for the OPS console to activate the transporter::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> ::watches the movement and snaps his head back:: CTO: Intercept that transport!

 

<CMO_Lt_Ecchumati> ::nods:: CEO: After you. ::gets up::

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> ::works quickly to try and transport R'shak to the brig before she goes elsewhere::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> ::smiles and exits Sickbay::

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> ::frowns in concentration for a moment, and watches as she disappears from the bridge of the Hooke:: CO: ... Got her.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> ::grins widely:: CTO: Nicely done, Lieutenant. ::turns back to the viewscreen::

 

<AMB_Valkar> @ ::stands silently:: *CO*: I believe you owe me an explanation.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> *Valkar*: Ambassador, I apologize for that. R'shak is a Romulan infiltrator, we have her DNA all over the scene of a murder on board the Bremen.

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> ::taps his combadge:: *TAC*: Darloch, make sure our new guest is secure; and if you play one song in the brig, I'll throw you in with her. Understood?

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> *Valkar*: She was genetically altered to appear Vulcan, both physically and biologically, but there are still trace Romulan elements which our Doctor managed to match to her transporter signature from her original transport.

 

<AMB_Valkar> @ ::processes this data:: *CO*: R'shak has been my right hand for some months, Captain. She is instrumental in the progress we are making with the Ira'i. That cannot be the case.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> ::arrives on the Bridge with Ajs in tow and heads for the Engineering station::

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> ::looks up at the mention of the Ira'i::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> ::nods:: *Valkar*: You are welcome to see all of our findings and a report from our chief physician. I believe that her actions a moment ago once she realized she'd been discovered counts a lot against her, but we will be confirming our findings and questioning her from the brig.

 

<TAC_Ens_Darloch> CTO: Understood and on my way  :: takes all my fun away::  ::Heads to the Brig to welcome our new guest::

<AMB_Valkar> @ *CO*: This is most disturbing news.  The pursuit of peace on that planet has rested as heavily on her intervention as it has on mine.

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> ::gets a bit of a sinking feeling about this::

 

<AMB_Valkar> <R'shak> ::curses and kicks the force-field she is enclosed in, finally able to let all her frustration and emotions out::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> ::nods, a touch of sadness entering his voice. He'd read up on the Ira'i:: *Valkar*: I understand, Ambassador. But a member of my crew is dead, and the evidence points to R'shak. I'm afraid that no good deed, however altruistic, can make up for taking the life of another.

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> CO: I doubt her efforts would have resulted in a good outcome, anyway. What purpose would that serve?

 

<AMB_Valkar> @ ::looks away for a moment:: *CO*: The needs of many, Captain... ::pauses:: *CO*: Perhaps, with more of the facts in my possession, we can find an equitable arrangement. You and your team are welcome aboard.

 

<TAC_Ens_Darloch> :: arrives at Brig and Welcomes R'shak to the Brig our CTO and CO will want to chat with you at their convenience::

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> ::perks up some, and moves nonchalantly over to the Engineering section:: CEO: Hey, you got some spare time coming up? I could use your help with something.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> ::looks up:: CTO: Sure thing. What is it?

 

<CO_Cmdr_Griffiths> ::nods slightly:: *Valkar*: Perhaps. But justice must be served, Ambassador. If she is who we believe she is, no good could have come from her involvement, regardless of her outward intentions. We will remain in orbit around Ira for twenty four hours to conclude the investigation and share our findings with you.

 

<CTO_Lt_Sumner> CEO: I need to steal a portion of the Hooke's bulkhead.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> ::scratches behind his ear::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> CTO: Come again ?

 

---

 

Copyright 2014 Star Trek: Engage


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage