U.S.S. Hyperion - 11405.26, Mission #11

"Syndicated"


U.S.S. Hyperion Mission #11

Directed by: C. J. Short

 

 

Starring

 

Einar Sigurðsson as Captain Jonathan Rome

Aoibhe Ní Shúilleabháin as Commander Niamh Danann

Sophie Wakeling as Lieutenant Joanne Feyna

Andrew Rice as Cadet Soule Douglas

 

Guest Starring

 

James Greenman as Lieutenant Commander Richard Foxworthy

 

SUMMARY: With the stakes rising and time running short, the Hyperion continues its hunt for Adria's ship, as clues about who they're dealing with start to trickle in.

 

 <<<Resume>>>

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::paces onto the bridge from the Ready Room::

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: ::stands at the engineering console on the Bridge, going over every single scrap of telemetry from the shuttles, probes and the Hyperion's sensors::

CO_Captain_Rome: ::stands up, his mind suddenly on a frightening memory::

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: CEO: Spanners, assign someone to run battle-ready diagnostics on all key systems.

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Walks onto the bridge from the turbolift, and heads straight for the replicator::  Computer: One Raktajino, hot, and one chamomile and elderflower tea, hot.

CO_Captain_Rome: ::walks out of the Ready room, massaging the spot on his chest the phaser blast had hit him:: All: Report!

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: ::tilts his head slightly, not quite looking over his shoulder to continue going through logs:: XO: Already have damage control teams running a full sweep, Big Red. I'll have a report in about ten minutes.

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Picks up the two cups, walking towards Rome, and silently handing him the cup, before talking::  CO: So there's a code?

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: CTO: Leftenant, could you replicate an Earl Gray for me please whilst you're there.

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Tilts her head towards Douglas::  TAC: Feel free to get your own, Cadet.

CO_Captain_Rome: ::nods and motions with his head to Danann:: XO: The Commander has it, work with her. Get me what I need to finish that psychopath off.

CO_Captain_Rome: ::raises the coffee to his lips before realising the gift and smiles, before continuing to his chair::

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Drops her voice::  CO: I cannot perform miracles.  But you know I'll do what I can.  ::Walks quietly over to Danann, sipping her tea::

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::smirks at CEO and nods her approval:: CEO: Great. ::makes her way up to Tactical:: TAC: We'll be needing a Tactical readiness report asap. Make damn sure all our phaser banks are at optimum, and assign a memebr of your team to inspect and ready our torpedoes. ::gives him a serious look:: TAC: You never know.

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: ::frowns from his readings and scratches his head:: CO: Captain, there's something funny about those scout vessels. I can't find a single link between them and anything else, except for a few random bursts of subspace static. Not enough to account for some sort of centralised control mechanism.

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: ::Looks puzzled at Feyna. He only asked her to replicate it, not bring it to him::

CO_Captain_Rome: CEO: Could it be AI ?

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Smiles sedately::  XO: Commander.  I understand you have the information regarding the code that I am to...investigate.

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: XO: Aye Commander. I have the computer running a background diagnostic anyway, but I'll increase it to a level 1

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: ::scratches his chin lightly:: CEO: Unlikely, but possible. Growing an artificial intelligence that's not just combat ready but obedient takes a LOT of work, you wouldn't throw it into an expendable ship. Not to mention the risk, there are accords limiting that sort of thing.

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::turns away from TAC's console and raises an eyebrow in surprise at seeing CTO behind her all of a sudden:: CTO: Wow, you are like a ninja, aren't you?

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Her smiles turns genuine::  XO: I'll take that as a compliment Commander.  Thank you.

CO_Captain_Rome: CEO: Then keep at it, Commander.

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: ::nods:: CO: I'll see what I can turn up, but if we can capture one we'd be a hell of a lot closer to knowing the score.

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: *aTAC*: Josiah check all the phaser banks and forward torpedo launches, get Simmons to check aft torpedo launchers

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::steps to the side, wavign CTO with her:: CTO: I hope you don't do everything that quiet. ::smirks and clears her throat:: CTO: C119. ::waits to see if the CTO reacts:: CTO: Mean anything to you? ::folds her arms:: CTO: The Captain said you may have an inroad on finding out what it means.

CO_Captain_Rome: CEO: I'm not indifferent to theories at this point, Commander. If you think it can be done, present your idea.

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: ::Begins plotting out the directions of the neutrino emissions, and compares them to the relative position of the Hyperion::

CO_Captain_Rome: CEO: Just...make sure it's not boobytrapped before bringing it onboard.

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: CEO: I had a similar idea. We cant directly uplink to the drone, we need one on board to find the Achilles' heel

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Tilts her head a little, and crosses her arms in a similar was to Danann::  CO: In what context was the code mentioned? it may have relevence

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: CO: I've run more tests on it than I can think of, it should be safe. I'll bring it into the shuttlebay...There's space now. ::glances over at the XO, just briefly::

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::tilts her head a little:: CTO: Blinking, apparently. ::refrains for demonstrating::

CO_Captain_Rome: ::looks over at Douglas:: CEO: Commander, bring the kid with you. He may be useful.

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: ::activates tractor control and begins dragging the scout ship into position, notifying his engineering team and navigation::

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: ::Nods at the Captain, before the Neutrino scans come in, they indicate their relative trajectory as possibly leaving the nebula::

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: ::nods, logging off of his console:: CO: Yessir. ::nods his head towards Tactical:: TAC: Cadet, how were your basic engineering mechanics scores at the Academy? ::gestures towards the Turbolift and steps inside, waiting::

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Resists smirking a little to herself, as she notices the First Officer now mimicing her own movements, and decides to relax her posture a little::  XO: And the code that was used? Something as simple as morse? or more complicated?

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: CO: Sir, scans just came in. They indicate that the Orion ship may be attempting to leave the nebula

CO_Captain_Rome: TAC: Thank you, cadet.

CO_Captain_Rome: TAC: Go with Foxworthy. ::cringes as he says the name outloud:: Find a way to disable those drones!

CO_Captain_Rome: XO: Commander Danann, your report said you were a pilot. Get to it.

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::sighs:: CTO: Yes, Morse. Dots and dashes, apparently. Ingenious, when you think about it. ::blinks, despite herself and watches CTO closely, getting impatient::

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: ::Walks into the turbolift with Foxworthy:: CEO: Very high ma'am. The two things I was best at were combat and engineering...my father was a chief engineer

CO_Captain_Rome: ::turns around and sips of his coffee:: CTO: And Joanne...stop messing with her already.

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Turns her head to Rome, and smiles innocently before turnign back to the XO::  XO: Thank you Commander. I'll start work on it now

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: ::grimaces slightly:: TL: Shuttlebay one. ::turns his head to Douglas:: And call me Ma'am again, and i'll make sure you do nothing but scrub out the plasma manifolds by hand for the next month, cadet.

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: <TAC::

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::looks up, see's CO looking her way, thinks for a second, bites her lip, and nods to CTO:: CO: I'm on it. CTO: Let me know what you find. ::trots to the conn::

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: XO: Apologies Leftenant Commander

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Heads back to her station, pausing a minute as she passes Rome to murmer:: CO: Spoilsport

CO_Captain_Rome: TAC: Joanne, get me a reading on that movement Douglas reported. Feed it to Danann.

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: ::steps out of the Turbolift and into the shuttlebay, watching the scout ship being maneuvered into position and pulling out his tricorder as he goes:: TAC: Alright, Cadet. Take a phase coupler and start unhooking all external sensors, comm relays and weapons. I don't want the central computer in this thing to be able to do shit, understood?

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Reaches her station, and pulls the information up that Douglas had initially reported.  After cleaning it up a little, she feeds it directly to the conn, to Danann::

CO_Captain_Rome: XO: Impress me, Commander. ::sits down and crosses his legs::

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ALL: OK.. who knows where the "log in" button is? ::looks at the conn, her hands floating above the buttons::

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: XO: Aye Sir, I suppose you heard that I hacked the Hyperion's power regulation systems on, i think it was my second day..... ::Complies with Foxworthy's orders and begins to unhook the Drones external sensors::

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::smirks, and gets to work::

CO_Captain_Rome: ::sighs::

CO_Captain_Rome: All: Is everyone a comedian today?

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::lays in a course that intersects the telemetry she's received from Tactical:: CO: Course laid in, Captain.

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: <CEO:

CO_Captain_Rome: XO: Engage.

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: <CEO:

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: ::runs another deep scan on his tricorder for explosives or traps before tapping the console and opening the door:: TAC: I heard, Cadet. I'm surprised you didn't get written up. ::steps inside the incredibly cramped spot, not seeing a chair and just some basic consoles. Dropping his kit, he opens it up and hooks in an ODN relay to his diagnostic computer and begins getting a mapped readout of the ship's systems::

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: CO: Aye aye. ::fingers glide over the conn's console, hits the big "Go" button::

 ACTION: The Hyperion begins to cut through the haze of the nebula, hopefully making a beeline for Adria.

[12:26] <@CO_Captain_Rome: CTO: I don't want to rush you Joanne. But consider yourself rushed.

[12:28] <~CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: ::frowns deeply:: Self: That's not right. There's no external feed at all...nothing remote...::sitting down cross-legged in the cramped space, he pulls the terminal over to him and begins working at the systems, cracking through the ice walls section by section::

[12:28] <+CTO_Lt_Feyna: CO: Nothing as yet. And it looks like it's a deep set code. I'm not likely to get much information immediately

[12:28] <+TAC_Cdt_Douglas: CEO: To be fair, they increased the security. I feel the need to have another crack at it some day. If I can hack it, someone else can.

[12:28] <+TAC_Cdt_Douglas: CEO: Better to be safe and all...

 ACTION: As the Hyperion nears the edge of the nebula, the sensors begin to work a bit better; a ship is detected, directly ahead and a ways off still. It's uncloaked, as if she's waiting for something.

CO_Captain_Rome: CTO: Get me that information, or I will have to call Suder...no one likes that option.

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Shakes her head::  CO: It's for a long term, deep cover operation.  Highly classified.  I'll be able to get the information, eventually.  But not even Suder would be able to assist you with access to this.

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::sees something on sensors:: CO: Contact, dead ahead.

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: ::calls out as he works at the systems:: TAC: That's how you get drummed out of Starfleet, kid. I'd try not to toe the line until you're at least my age, yeah? ::frowns in thought, narrowing his eyes as he goes through the systems one by one, breaking down the encrypted modules::

CO_Captain_Rome: CTO: Alright. Keep at it. ::stands up::

CO_Captain_Rome: TAC: Lock weapons.

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::runs a scan pinpointing the contact's location:: CO: Two minutes to weapons range. Give or take.

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Starts to formulate an email to Lyon, including Miller, explaining the situation, requesting their assistance, and promising whiskey.::

CO_Captain_Rome: XO: Hail them.

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: <Capt_Suder: ::snoozing peacefully in a nice, dark bedroom somewhere on Earth. Suddenly, turns in her sleep, mutters something grumpily, and goes right back to her happy dreams::

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::taps her console, turns her chair in the CO's direction:: CO: Channel open.

CO_Captain_Rome: Adria: Surrender your ship, and we will not open fire.

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: ::Finishes uncoupling the forward weapons:: CEO: Perhaps sir, however I believe Captain Brax knew the kind of officer I could be, and chose for me that. Its the only reason I can see for getting this position.

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: ::taps his comm badge:: *CO*: Foxworthy to Rome. Captain, I've managed to crack through some of the systems in this thing. It's entirely automated. I mean... entirely. There are algorithms in here that I'd expect to find in some R&D lab in SFD. Adaptive tactical routines, huge databases of assimilated information that it appears to be learning from. This is an advanced SI, and if I'm not mistaken it's the kind that'll quickly start to develop beyond its original programming. It could grow into a fully artificial intelligence - there's a reason laws are in place to prevent this kind of research unless tightly controlled."

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::turns back to her console, eyes widening:: Self: This guy does not beat around the bush, does he?

CTO_Lt_Feyna: CO: We are within weapons range Captain

CO_Captain_Rome: CTO: Lock weapons, arm torpedoes.

 ACTION: No immediate response to the hail.

CO_Captain_Rome: *CEO*: Tell me how we can use that.

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: *ALL*: Red Alert. Battle stations.

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: CEO: Sir, there has got to be some kind of uplink, otherwise how would Adria know what the drones were doing.

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: *CO*: Uhh...we can't, really. These are fully autonomous units, similar to the Hyperion's MVAM modules except with an extremely broad mission directive.

 ACTION: It takes an unusually long time, but the weapons manage a lock, at which point the Hyperion receives a hail.

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Locks weapons, and arm torpedoes, pressing the Red Alert::

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: TAC: Did you unhook the comm link, yet? Get it over to the relay station and pull it's beacon, see if we can get a list of subspace telemetry it may have received.

CO_Captain_Rome: *CEO*: Then we take it back for study.

CO_Captain_Rome: ::access the comms and accepts the hail::

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: *CO*: I'm unhooking all external modules and seperating the computer before taking it offline, Captain. This kind of stuff is highly regulated, if we bring Adria in and she can be linked to these ships she won't be seeing the outside of a prison cell for a damned long time.

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: CEO: Aye sir. But what about their sensors? It could be possible they uplink through a back door system to Adria's ship

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Looks up at the viewscreen::

Adria: ::shows up on screen, applauding:: CO: Congratulations! You did it, and I won the bet with Drax. ::looks off the screen:: Drax: I told you they'd get a lock.

 SCENE: Madsen stands next to Adira, still blinking.

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::slows to impulse, sits back and watches::

CO_Captain_Rome: Adria: You didn't really make it that hard....just drawn out.

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: ::rolls his head:: CEO: Where do you think any uplink would pass through, Cadet? Get the subspace beacon and pull all of the data, okay? It would have passed through there at some point. I'll handle the internal data storage.

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: <TAC::

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::involuntarily, glances back at CTO, curious if the blinking means anything to her::

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Tries to interpret any signal from the captive::

Adria: *CO*: You were the ones being cautious, Jonathan. As you said, I wasn't making it hard at all. But, a deal's a deal, and I promised I would free Mr. Madsen. ::turns to look at him and sighs::

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: ::Carries the Drone's comm unit over to the relay station, before slowly and considerately pulling it apart and scanning it's systems:: CEO: Theres more than one way to communicate with something sir. A good officer can get a waste disposal unit to emit a communication if they try.

CO_Captain_Rome: ::Grips the side of his chair::

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Calculates the same message as the previous interpretor - C119::

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: ::calls out from the back of the ship:: TAC: Only by hooking it through a subspace relay, cadet! Do you even see these grey hairs?

Adria: *CO*: He really is a valuable prisoner, Jonathan; the information I could get from him would be infinitely valuable. I hope you appreciate the gravity of my letting him go.

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::tenses up, signals the transporter room from her console, to be ready for a possible emergency beam-in::

CO_Captain_Rome: *Adria*: You were true to your word, Adria. I respect that.

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: CEO: Gray hairs the man do not make sir. Just because you have greater experience doesnt mean you're correct 100% of the time sir. You always have to have a second option. So whilst the computer is de-compiling the subspace relay data, I'm going to have a crack at it's sensor array.

Adria: ::spares a warm smile at the viewscreen, before looking back at Madsen. In a smooth. fluid motion, she produces a small handheld weapon from her hip, places it against Madsen's head, and pulls the trigger without hesitation. A slug fires from the weapon, and a brief glimpse of the resulting mess can be seen before Madsen tumbles offscreen::

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: ::finishes unhooking the computer and shutting it right down, frowning at the feat of technology. It was so, so dangerous to play with this stuff, not to mention illegal. How many times had true artificial intelligence been grown from these humble beginnings in an attempt to make faster, smarter, better machines?::

CO_Captain_Rome: ::stares grimly at the viewscreen, not flinching::

CO_Captain_Rome: CTO: Destroy that ship.

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::jumps, barely holds in a yell::

CO_Captain_Rome: *Adria*: You just made a very...big...mistake.

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Presses the button without hesitation, over which her finger had been hovering::

Adria: ::slowly lowers the weapon, staring at Jonathan, all mirth gone from her features as she slowly returns to her seat; her message delivered, the comm cuts::

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: TAC: Communications are passed through subspace signals, cadet. Subspace signals go through a subspace beacon, or relay. Even if you wanted to use something bespoke like radio or coaxial transmissions, it'd never get through the interference of the nebula, so it'd be a fools errand to look for it on this ship. ::slowly unhooks his equipment and drags himself out of the ship::

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::forces herself back into her chair and links with Tactical, manoeuvring the Hyperion into an optimal firing position::

 ACTION: The Hyperion's weapons flash, sending phasers and torpedoes crashing into Adria's vessel, which doesn't return fire. Instead, it slowly turns, and begins moving away at half impulse::

CO_Captain_Rome: CTO: Life signs on that ship?

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::follows the ship, without first getting orders from Rome::

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: TAC: But as you're so knowledgeable and experienced in the ways of the world, I'll give that errand to you. Full report on my desk in two hours, understood? ::nods to his engineering team, knowing they'll keep an eye on the kid, and heads towards the bridge without another word::

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: ::Rolls his eye:: CEO: Yes Sir. ::sighs, loudly, as he gets to work::

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Looks at her screen::  CO: Captain, there's another vessel coming in from the nebula

CTO_Lt_Feyna: CO: And about 20 lifesigns remaining on Adria's vessel

CO_Captain_Rome: CTO: Weapons range?

 ACTION: Some kind of monstrosity emerges from the mists of the nebula, firing weapons into the Hyperion's side; it looks like it's Frankensteined together from several different ships, and is about the size of a heavy cruiser.

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: ::steps out of the TL and onto the bridge:: Computer: Computer, transfer engineering control to the bridge. ::gets an update on the situation and confirms power and damage control teams and standing by::

CTO_Lt_Feyna: CO: They are now, Sir

CO_Captain_Rome: ::grabs the railing as the ship is impacted::

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Tries to get a lock on the larger ship::

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: ::grips his console tight, gritting his teeth at someone taking bites out of the shiny hull::

 ACTION: Douglas manages to short out the sensor relay, damaging it in the process.

CO_Captain_Rome: CTO: Destroy every bloody ship out there.

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::evasive manoeuvres, evasive manoeuvres, evasive manoeuvres::

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Sets a firing pattern, targeting what she can::

NAV_Ens_OKar: ::inputs some evasive maneuvers::

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: ::Bangs head on the side of the Drone as the ships is rocked::

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: ::pushes more power to maneuvering thrusters and port shields::

 ACTION: The Hyperion manages to get a lock on the new ship, and splits its fire. Adria continues to ignore the battle, her shields holding up remarkable well.

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::steps up from the conn, allowing NAV to take over::

CO_Captain_Rome: XO: Can you lock a tractor beam on that bitch ?

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: *Bridge*: Does somebody need me on the bridge, because that last shot just caused me to short out the sensor relay.

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::looks at CO, turning inward on the bridge for the first time. It's clear she's fighting her shock:: NAV: Tractor beam on Adria's vessel, now.

 ACTION: Consoles spark on the bridge as the Frankenship's weapons slam into the shields, packing a hell of a punch.

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Grabs onto her console, to stop herself falling over::

NAV_Ens_OKar: ::locks the tractor beam and engages it::

NAV_Ens_OKar: XO: No dice, Commander. Unable to get a lock.

CO_Captain_Rome: XO: Hey! ::snaps his fingers:: Focus! ::grabs the railing again::

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::grabs the egde of the conn, holding herself upright, then turns and stomps back to the command centre::

CO_Captain_Rome: CTO: Shield status?

 ACTION: As the tractor beam fails to get a hold, Adria's ship jumps to warp, leaving the Hyperion behind.

CTO_Lt_Feyna: CO: Holding. Just.

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: :: nods once to CO, saying nothing:: NAV: Keep trying. It took us a while to get a weapons lock, too.

CTO_Lt_Feyna: CO: But not for much longer Captain

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: ::Gets flung halfway across the shuttlebay:: Self: Ow....Shit....

CO_Captain_Rome: ::watches her jump to warp, his jaw set::

NAV_Ens_OKar: ::looks unhappy at Adria escaping::

NAV_Ens_OKar: XO: It'sss...too late, Commander. I'm sssorry.

CTO_Lt_Feyna: CO: Captain, the USS Vonnegut is arriving on scene

CO_Captain_Rome: CTO: Thank gods. Get them up to speed.

 ACTION: The Defiant-class USS Vonnegut warps in from nearby, pulse phasers and torpedos blazing at the unknown ship.

CO_Captain_Rome: NAV: Do you have a trail?

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::lets out a breath she didn't know she was holding:: NAV: Don't sweat it. ::voice sounds blank::

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: ::Feeling slightly concussed:: *NAV*: Did we win? I feel like we didn't win....

CO_Captain_Rome: ::can feel the thumping in his chest as he stares at the viewscreen::

NAV_Ens_OKar: CO: Computing it now, Sssir. ::tries to get a track on Adria's ship:: CO: We have sssomething, Sssir, but it'sss degreading at an unusssual ssspeed. We'd have to follow it now or lossse it forever.

CO_Captain_Rome: NAV: THEN FOLLOW IT!

NAV_Ens_OKar: ::punches the coordinates and attempts to follow it::

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Contacts the Vonnegut, and brings them up to speed on the situation::

CO_Captain_Rome: ::bites down and takes a deep breath:: NAV: Maximum warp...

 ACTION: A shot pierces the Hyperion's shields, slamming directly into the hull, sending the ship rocking.

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::winces as CO yells::

CO_Captain_Rome: ::falls over::

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ALL: Hull breach, deck 10.  Trying to compensate.

NAV_Ens_OKar: ::checks engine status post hit::

CO_Captain_Rome: CTO: Seal it. Get us to warp!

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: ::With no-one answering on the bridge, decides he needs to be on the bridge at his post and sprints for the turbolift::

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::stumbles to the side, landing roughly on her wrist and feeling something pop. Scrabbles to her feet, nursing her arm:: CEO: Damage repair to Deck Ten.

 ACTION: The ship struggles to match the heading, what with the rocking and all; the Vonnegut continues its assault, trying to draw fire.

CO_Captain_Rome: ::looks over at Danann, then taps his badge:: *Sickbay*: Send a medic up here.

NAV_Ens_OKar: ::jumps to warp, trying to provide as much energy to the engine as possible::

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: ::Turbolift doors open onto the bridge, Douglas stepping out:: CTO: What the hell is going on Leftenant?

CTO_Lt_Feyna: TAC: New enemy. New assistance. New damage.

 ACTION: A warp bubble forms around the Hyperion, and for a single, triumphant moment, the chase is on, before one last phaser blast strikes the dorsal port nacelle true; the Hyperion tumbles briefly through space at warp before the bubble crashes.

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::doesn't argue, winces as she checks where it's most painful. Holds her wrist against her chest, cradling it::

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Bangs her hip painfully on her console::

CO_Captain_Rome: ::grabs his chair and maneuvers into it before crashing down:: NAV: NO!

CO_Captain_Rome: ::slams his hands into the armrest::

 ACTION: The inertial dampeners give out, causing the ship to shudder violently.

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: ::Feels like everything went wrong when he left the bridge::

CO_Captain_Rome: *Engineering*: Engineering, I want warp drive NOW!

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::grabs the handrail with her good hand, avoiding another fall:: NAV: scan and record their warp trail. *Engineering*: Damage report!

 ACTION: The Hyperion receives a hail from the Vonnegut.

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: CTO: Joyous

NAV_Ens_OKar: ::is jostled in his chair, and quickly tries to keep the trail in the scanners::

CO_Captain_Rome: *Vonnegut*: Captain Harris....thanks for coming to our assistance. Do you have warp drive?

Capt_Harris: *CO*: Affirmative, Captain Rome. We've managed to disable whatever the hell this thing was.

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::sees the medic has made it to the bridge. Hands over her wrist:: MED: Just strap me up. We can make it pretty later

NAV_Ens_OKar: ::attempts to check the engines to see if the warp bubble can be reformed, however unlikely it is::

CO_Captain_Rome: *Capt*: Captain, my Navigator will be sending you a warp trail, you must follow it and apprehend that ship. They just assassinated one of ours and are behind this....whatever this is.

Capt_Harris: *CO*: Understood. Consider them caught.

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: <MED_Lee> ::shrugs at XO and proceeds to do as ordered. Looking around the bridge as chaos swirls around them:: XO: Busy day?

CO_Captain_Rome: *Capt*: Godspeed Captain. We will follow when we have made repairs.

NAV_Ens_OKar: CO: Sssir, no chance on the warp, we can do impulssse at bessst. ::as soon as he hears the CO mentioning the trail, he sends it over to the Vonnegut::

CO_Captain_Rome: MED: Repair that fracture. Captain's orders.

 ACTION: A warp jump is detected back at the battle site as the Vonnegut gives chase. The Hyperion drifts slowly in space, hobbled for the time being.

CO_Captain_Rome: ::runs a hand through his hair, his head throbbing with anger::

CO_Captain_Rome: CTO: Status of that behemoth ?

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: <MED_Lee> CO: You're the Captain, Captain. XO: Commander, I'll need to reset this. ::puts med kit down, takes out a hypospray and administers an analgesic::

NAV_Ens_OKar: ::looks out at the Vonnegut leaving, a knot of anger seething inside him::

CTO_Lt_Feyna: CO: Disabled, but intact sir.  I think salvageable would be a good term

CO_Captain_Rome: CTO: Life signs?

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: CO: Would you like me to assemble a team Sir?

CTO_Lt_Feyna: CO: No organic matter to be found /

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: MED: Thanks, doc. ::could do with a shot for her nerves too, but decides now is not the time to joke about that::

CO_Captain_Rome: TAC: No. ::stands up::

CO_Captain_Rome: CTO: Destroy that thing.

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Sets some appropriately targeted proton torpedoes to the relevant locations::

CTO_Lt_Feyna: CO: Fired Sir.

 ACTION: The angry torpedoes strike true, obliterating the wreck. For the moment, all is silent.

 <<<Pause>>>


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage