U.S.S. Hyperion - 11405.05, Mission #8

"Syndicated"


U.S.S. Hyperion Mission #8

Directed by: C. J. Short

 

 

Starring

 

Aoibhe Ní Shúilleabháin as Commander Niamh Danann

Sophie Wakeling as Lieutenant Joanne Feyna

Riccardo Fabris as Ensign Dimak O'kar

Gordon Blizzard as Ensign Jaquin Bontecou

Andrew Rice as Cadet Soule Douglas

 

 

Guest Starring

 

James Greenman as Lieutenant Commander Richard Foxworthy

 

 

SUMMARY: The Hyperion prepares to navigate the nebula in search of Adria.

 <<<Resume:::

[12:01] <+CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Standing at Tac::

[12:02] <+Tekopo: ::is at his standard position at the conn::

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: ::Monitoring the shields and the targeting sensors::

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: ::pushes the final torpedo into the magazine with a grunt, brushing the sweat off of his forehead with one arm then tapping his comm badge:: *Bridge*: Foxworthy to the Bridge.

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Looks over her sensors, and the defensive strategy she whipped up on the fly::

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Moves forward to the Command circle, in the absense of Rome::

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::steps onto her new bridge and looks around::

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: ::taps out a few commands on the console to begin loading the torpedoes in the correct order through the mags, tapping his comm badge again as the seconds tick over to minutes:: *Bridge*: Foxworthy to Bridge, come in please.

 ACTION: A third navigational bouy goes silent.

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: CTO: What, no party? No banners? ::frowns a little, good-humouredly:: CTO: Hyperion... I'm disappointed.

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Looks around as the new XO enters the bridge::  XO: Banners? Was there supposed to be a party?

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::smirks and looks at CTO steadily:: CTO: I always hope for one, but I never get it. Always a party when I leave, though. ::chuckles and holds out a hand:: CTO: Commander Danann, good to meet you...

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Looks deadly serious, as she taps her comm::  *CEO*: This is Feyna.

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Reaches out and tentatively shakes Danann's hand, not knowing this person, but remaining on comms to engineering::

NAV_Ens_Okar: ::waits for further commands to go into the nebula if necessary::

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: SCI: Bontecou can you focus sensors at the last known coordinates of that buoy, I still cant see the Orion

CTO_Lt_Feyna: XO: Lt Feyna.  I guess I'll be handing this bridge over to you now Commander

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: ::rolls his eyes:: *CTO*: Having a party up there, Lieutenant? I've finished the tracer rounds for the torpedo magazines, if we fire in 3-torpedo sierra pattern bursts we should be able to walk our shots with some extra sensor information.

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::marvels at the CTO's lack of enthusiasm.:: Self: Great start, Nia... ::steps over to NAV as CTO focusses on the conn:: NAV: Hi. Danann, Commander. New here. Status?

SCI_Ens_Bontecou: TAC:  I'll try.  It's tough to get good readings in the nebula, though.  ::punches in several buttons at his science station, looking at the readings, trying to focus on where the buoy was lost::

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Moves out of the command circle back to her station, dropping her voice:: *CEO*: Well, we are a little short of command staff up here Commander, and our newest entry just appeared. But now you have my full attention

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: SCI: Any improvement is appreciated, they are eluding me.

NAV_Ens_Okar: ::looks towards the XO:: XO: Welcome, Commander.

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: ::logs off the tactical console and makes his way back to the bridge:: *CTO*: That was it. Torpedoes are loaded, they're yours to unload into someone's face.

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: NAV: Thanks. So.. what have we got here, Ensign, er...

CTO_Lt_Feyna: *CEO*: Noted, I'll pass it on to the Commander.

NAV_Ens_Okar: XO: Ensssign O'Kar.

SCI_Ens_Bontecou: ::examines his console some more, then turns to the TAC::  TAC:  So I got a bit of a better picture, but my best guess is that we caught debris.  Maybe the probe's?

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: CTO: Leftenant, I have a question as to how these tracers might effect us?

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: ::taps his comm badge and closes the channel, wondering if the chief of security ever pulled that stick out:: TL: Bridge.

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Steps forward, to try and draw attention to herself::  XO: Commander, Engineering have set up the tracer rounds for when we enter the nebula.  To...light our way, for want of a better description

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Turns her head to the side:: TAC: What is it Douglas?

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: ::Growls under his breathe at Bontecou's scans:: SCI: They cant be far from it.

 ACTION: The Hyperion receives a hail.

NAV_Ens_Okar: XO: We are receiving a transssmisssion, Commander.

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: CTO: When we fire them, I had a thought that they may cause an energy reaction in our shields, I haven't had a chance to ask that possibility to the leftenant-commander

SCI_Ens_Bontecou: ::shrugs:: TAC:  You're probably right.  Probes don't just break up like that.

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: CTO: OK, good... ::turns away from NAV after patting him on the shoulder. Trots to the centre of the bridge and takes a deep breath as she forces herself to settle in quickly:: NAV: On screen, O'kar.

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: CTO: We dont want to make ourselves more visible accidentally

NAV_Ens_Okar: ::patches the transmission through the the viewscreen::

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Smiles a little at the overactive Cadet::  TAC: Not a question I can answer.  I suggest you ask him, and if it could affect our shields, ideally before we enter the nebula.  So now.

 ACTION: Another 'hold' image, this time a green fist outlined in green and silver flames.

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::raises an eyebrow::

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: CTO: Are we just exchanging tattoo designs with these poeple?

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: SCI: Can you keep the sensors tight on the other probes and use them to amplify our scans, try to give us a small net.

NAV_Ens_Okar: ::tries to determine the origin of the hail::

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Watches the XO move to the centre, like a perky pekinese, and subtley shakes her head::

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: CTO: Aye ma'am

Adria: @::appears on-screen:: *XO*: Better, don't you-... oh. You're not Jonathan. ::frowns some::

CTO_Lt_Feyna: XO: This will be the Orion lady.  The one so desperate to ...::Stops as Adria appears on screen::

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::eyebrow raises a little further again as CTO stops talking:: *Adria*: Hi...

NAV_Ens_Okar: ::if he had eyebrows, he would now also raise an eyebrow::

Adria: @::sits back in her chair, looking at the screen thoughtfully:: XO: And who might you be?

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: ::Taps commbadge::*CEO*: Leftenant-Commander I have a question about the tracer rounds. Will they trace effect affect our shields on the way out?

SCI_Ens_Bontecou: TAC:  I could try, but the problem is, we're not even getting to the probes, that's why I can't be specific about the debris.

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Thinks to herself, Just someone else for you to flirt with::

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: <the:

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: *Adria*: Commander Danann. I'm new. ::smiles a little:: *Adria*: And I am going to go out on a limb here and assume you are the one in the nebula.

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Coughs loudly to cover Douglas' question whilst the XO is on comms with Adria::

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: ::steps out of the Turbolift, making a note to increase the relative velocity:: TAC: Nope, they're just torpedoes with a sensor suite built in. It'll have no more effect than a standard torpedo does. ::smiles over at the man, then takes his station:: Computer: Computer, transfer Engineering control to the bridge.

Adria: @::nods:: *XO*: I am. It's getting a little lonely in here, though. I thought for sure you'd have come after us by now. Did we blow up too many of your probes?

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: ::Relaxes somewhat:: CEO: I thought it would be prudent to entertain the idea just in case.

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: TAC: Good thinking, that man. ::glances over at the viewscreen, then checks the status of the bouys they have left::

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Tilts her head for a moment at the confirmation of the loss of sensor probes::

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: *Adria*: Who needs probes anyway? ::takes a step closer to the screen:: *Adria*: If you're so lonely, why don't you just join us here? ::tilts her head a little::

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: ::tilts his head for some reason::

SCI_Ens_Bontecou: ::tilts his head at his science console::

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: ::Smirks a little, and tilts head:: CEO:  Thank you.

Adria: @::gives a somewhat adoring look:: *XO*: Aww, what would be the fun in that? Don't you want to claim your prize? I promise, it's a good one. But, you have to play along to get it. If you can find me and get a weapons lock, you'll win.

NAV_Ens_Okar: ::specifically doesn't tilt his head::

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: ::turns to look at the viewscreen, and down at the command circle:: XO: I say we wait for her to take out another one of our probes, then saturate that area with so much phaser and torpedo fire that it backlights the Arachnid Nebula and it becomes visible from Earth.

NAV_Ens_Okar: CEO: I like that thinking... ::smiles his creepy smile::

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: ::Really admires the CEO's tenderly violent and explosive suggestion:: Self: Oh....pleeeeeeeeeease.

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::stares at Adria for a moment, finding getting her baring in this new assignment far more difficult all of a sudden:: *Adria*: What are you looking to get out of this?

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Shakes her head, wondering how the bridge got so testosterone filled::  ALL:  Or not.

CTO_Lt_Feyna: Self: When Rome is away, the trigger happy will play

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::can't exactly say Yes or No to the CEO's suggestion, but thinks it over::

SCI_Ens_Bontecou: XO:  If we weren't pressed for time, I could give us a focused sensor sweep of the nebula, but it would take quite a while to do the whole thing.

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: CTO: But we would find the Orion ship....

Adria: @::beams:: *XO*: Ahhhh... now there's an interesting question. What does one truly gain from attacking Federation shipping lines in the middle of Federation space? Clearly, we didn't get any goods, so why not run?

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::licks her lips:: NAV: Cut the comm.

NAV_Ens_Okar: ::cuts the comm immediately as ordered::

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::turns on her heel:: All: Why do I feel ike it us she wants?

NAV_Ens_Okar: XO: Ssshould I ignore all further hailsss, Commander?

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: NAV: Let me know first.

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: ::Clears throat, and feels that he got slightly carried away with the idea of annihilating an enemy vessel::

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: XO: This is a pretty advanced ship, and she'd have us at a disadvantage if we went into the nebula. Or we'd at least be on even ground...If she could capture us, it'd be quite the prize.

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: XO: Ma'am we could always drop a strike team on board their ship.

SCI_Ens_Bontecou: XO:  I'd say she's doing everything in her power to get us to go in.  For what it's worth, we could probably find her if we went into the nebula ourselves.  Our sensor suite would be more effective from within it.

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::sighs:: CEO: Yea.. and I guess she was teasing the Captain the same way. Come get me... What are you waiting for?

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: TAC: We'd have to find them first, Cadet. That Nebula could be filled with mines, and we'd not even know it.

NAV_Ens_Okar: XO: Or we could MVAM. One part getsss taken over, we ssstill have two more.

CTO_Lt_Feyna: XO: Yes, pretty much the same.  Just more sexual undertones, Commander

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: SCI: Yea, but what else will we find? I we can't find her now, we can't be sure there's not ten or twenty other ships in there, too. I dunno about you guys, but I don't want wanna recreate Lilliput today.

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: CTO: Damn. I mustn't be her type.

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: CEO: We could use a shuttlecraft as a strike ship. When we find them, and we will find them, we punch a hole in their shields, whilst dropping of a shuttlecraft to fly in, do some damage inside their shields as it transports a team over.

NAV_Ens_Okar: XO: What about a bait, Commander?

CTO_Lt_Feyna: XO/SCI: And the sweeps that were minorly successful gave more than one hit for the hull components, which suggests more than one vessel

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: ::scratches his chin slowly:: XO: Commander, we have a pair of type 11 shuttlecraft onboard. We could have them sweep the nebula, they're small enough to be difficult to detect but large enough to hold their own in a fight.

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Murmers, with a small smile:: XO: Or you didn't flirt back, like he did.

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::cklicks her fingers:: CEO: Minimal loss, maximum ground covered. NAV: See to it. Assign people to those shuttles. You know your people better than I do.

NAV_Ens_Okar: XO: Aye, Commander, permissssion to fly one of the shuttlesss?

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: CEO: Do what you can to enhance those shuttle's transporters, too. If we can grab her, or some of her crew, all the better. Would likely drawn the other ships out, if there are any.

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: ::nods:: XO: I can give it a go, Commander. We should be able to cut through some of the interference, but if she has her shields up then there's nothing we can do either way.

SCI_Ens_Bontecou: CEO/XO:  Make sure you keep your shuttlecraft close to one another.  We can't risk a gap in the sensor coverage and those shuttlecraft sensors are less powerful than Hyperion's.

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: NAV: Granted, but you're taking backup. TAC: You, blondie, go with him.

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: XO: The Hyperion can run interference and long-range support from out here, and launch navigation buoys and probes as needed.

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Looks over Douglas' console, so she can cover his work as well as hers, whilst he is on the AT::

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: ::Smiles at the orders:: XO:Am I to try and transport over to the enemy ship if the oppurtunity shows itself?

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: CEO: Let's hope the nebula has interfered with their shields. If we can grab the Captain's girlfriend ::smirks at CTO:: CEO: All the better...

NAV_Ens_Okar: XO: Underssstood. ::taps comm badge:: NAV Department: Ensssign Klein and Ensssign Avok, meet me in ssshuttle bay one. Ensssign Lessster to take over duty at the bridge.

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: TAC: Nope. No. No way in hell. If they fire at you, you fire back if necessary, and then get the hell out of there.

NAV_Ens_Okar: ::stands up from his station after Ensign Lester arrives and moves towards the turbolift::

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Smirks back at Danann, thinking that maybe she'll like this new officer, once her security checks out::

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: ::chuckles, nodding:: XO: Music to my ears. Permission to leave the bridge, Commander.

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Looks at her station, and notices the blip:: XO: Incoming hail Commander

NAV_Ens_Okar: TL: Ssshuttle bay one. ::waits for the TL to arrive::

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: XO: Fair enough ma'am, I wont need to grab all of my tools then. ::Hands station to Feyna and walks over to the turbolift::

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: CEO: Granted. Do what you have to.

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: ::nods, stepping off the bridge and into a Turbolift, holding it for the Cadet:: TL: Shuttlebay one.

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::fixes her hair:: CTO: On screen...

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Transfers the hail to the main screen::

 ACTION: No holding image this time; Adria looks thoroughly unimpressed. A bound person sits at her feet, a black bag over their head.

Adria: @*XO*: Jonathan was much more fun to talk to.

NAV_Ens_Okar: ::arrives at the shuttlebay before the TO/CEO and sees that Kelin and Avok are already there:: Klein/Avok: Prep the Ssskyline and Horizon for launch, we are leaving in five.

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: ::Stands stoicly in the turbolift, at full attention, saying nothing::

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: *Adria*: I know. He is a lot prettier than I am... ::sees the figure:: *Adria*: Explain yourself...

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Immediately does a personnel sweep, trying to find Rome, alongside an intrusion sweep::

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::glances sideways at CTO for a second before looking back at the screen::

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: ::steps out of the TL with the Cadet in tow, nodding to Okar:: NAV: I'll see what I can do about your transporters. ::smiles, walking over and pulling himself up into the first shuttlecraft, grabbing a toolkit on the way, and digging into the panel next to the small two-person transporter::

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Nods in silent acknowledgement to Danaan::  XO: He's still in sickbay.  It's not Jonat...Captain Rome.

Adria: @::gives a slightly disagreeing shrug at the mention of attractiveness:: *XO*: Since you refuse to play along, I'm forced to reveal your prize early, which is disappointing. ::leans forward and pulls off the bag, revealing a beaten and bloodied human man::

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::shoulders relax a fraction at CTO's confirmation::

NAV_Ens_Okar: Klein/Avok: You two take the Ssskyline, me and Cadet Douglassss are in the Horizon. ::turns to face the CEO as he enters the bay:: CEO: Underssstood, hopefully we'll make it out in one piece. ::grins::

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: ::calls out from under the floor:: NAV: You'd better!

CTO_Lt_Feyna: *Sickbay*: Can you please confirm that Captain Rome is physically there with you

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::speaks quietly but urgently:: CTO: Identify that man.

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: NAV: Excellent, we got the best shuttle. ::Smiles wryly::

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: ::reaches in, adjusting the target pattern recognition and narrowing the confinement beam::

NAV_Ens_Okar: TAC: The Horizon isss my favourite. We'll fly ringsss around those Orionsss. ::laughs::

Adria: <Med_Smythe>*CTO*: He's here, bridge. He should be ready to go here in about ten to fifteen minutes; just a couple more tests.

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: ::makes the final adjustments, pulls himself out then sets a diagnostic, waiting for it to complete before moving to the other shuttle quickly::

TAC_Cdt_Douglas: ::Enters the Horizon, and find his seat at the weapon's console:: NAV: I look forward to it, still bummed we couldn't beam a team over to this Adria bird's ship, and take it by force.

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: *Adria*: Nice reveal. I'm impressed with your theatricality... ::stalls til she gets info on who the man is::

Adria: @*XO*: This... is Lieutenant Jerome Madsen, an operative for Starfleet Intelligence. He was getting some very useful intel on my associates and me before we picked him up.

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Sets the computer calculating the height and build of the person, and cross referencing with the crew list::

CEO_LtCmdr_Foxworthy: ::starts work on the second transporter, making the same adjustments to help them cut through the interference in the Nebula::

NAV_Ens_Okar: ::notices that the CEO has finished working on one of the shuttles and taps his comm badge:: *XO*: We are almossst ready to go, Commander. Let me know if we can depart asss sssoon asss we are ready.

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::perks up, and adds the information to the computer, getting confirmation of his identity::

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::sees CTO get confirmation, decides not to question HOW she got confirmation on an operative...:: *Madsen*: What do you need us to do, Madsen?

CTO_Lt_Feyna: ::Looks around her, ensuring no one is watching, and inputs some additional clearance codes, which brings up some details on Madsen::  XO: Confirmed its him Commander

Adria: @<Madsen>::smiles weakly:: *XO*: I could use a drink, Commander.

Adria: @::gives an amused smile at the response::

Adria: @*XO*: You already know what you have to do to get him back, Ms. Danann.

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: *Madsen*: You and me, at the bar later, kay? ::turns back to Adria:: *Adria*: If he dies... there will be hell to pay.

SCI_Ens_Bontecou: ::taps his combadge, speaking quietly:: *CEO, NAV*:  Make sure you keep a strict pattern as you go through the nebula.  You'll need to be thorough, they could be anywhere.

Adria: @::grins:: *XO*: Oh, I'm sure.

NAV_Ens_Okar: *SCI*: Underssstood, although the nebula might make it difficult to keep in formation.

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::cuts the comm herself::

CTO_Lt_Feyna: XO: That has changed things somewhat now.

XO_LtCmdr_Danann: ::taps comm badge:: *Nav*/*TAC*: Gentlemen, we have an abducted operative on that ship. I have no idea what you will be facing in there, but your orders are being amended. Locate him. Details are being sent to the shuttle. Your priority now is to find and retrieve our man.

 <<<Pause>>>


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage