Station Sigma Rho - 11403.29, Mission #6

"Underpowered"


Mission Summary

Sigma Rho, Mission #6

During routine examination of the Vulcan device, despite every precaution, shields and containment, it accidently activated. It's purpose and function is still unknown, but it appears to have mislaid the Station Security Chief without so much as a note. We rejoin our trepid band of explorers, ready to find their missing crewman, and hopefully in a piece big enough to bring back.

 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Begin Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

<CTO_Lt_Thran> ::Moves through the second level of the station with his sec team, tricroder scanning for the CSEC.::

<CSEC_LtJG_Animim> ::Sits back on the floor of the lab:: CSO: C'mon, Sutak, get me out of this... ::he knows the CSO can't hear him::

<CTO_Lt_Thran> *TAC*: Ensign Calverian, take a team and start from the lower levels, I'll meet you in the middle.

<CO_LtCmdr_Sumner> ::steps off the turbolift, and heads for the main lab on Level 6::

<CSO_LtJG_Sutak> ::Taps at his console, going over the possibilities of what has occurred just a few minutes prior.::

<TAC_Ens_Calverian> *CTO*: Yes Lieutenant ::begins her trek down to the lowest level, ready to work upwards::

<CEO_LtCmdr_Tegan> ::getting a headache from reading over the Serene survey data::  Self: I thought this was a Federation survey team...this reads like it was written by a Vulcan.

<CSEC_LtJG_Animim> ::thinks about something, then taps his combadge:: *CSO*: Lt. Sutak, can you hear me? ::hopes that this works::

<CO_LtCmdr_Sumner> ::enters the lab:: CSO: What have we got, Lieutenant?

<TAC_Ens_Calverian> *SEC*: Security this is Ensign Calverian, is there anyone who can help me search for Mr Animim? I'm starting from the lowest level working upwards.

<CSO_LtJG_Sutak> CO: I have discontinued analyzation of the device, and began considering options for Mr. Animim's wherabouts, per your orders. ::He turns from his console, finally.:: CO: There appears to have been some residual power within the device that was reactivated by our scans.

 

ACTION: Animim's comm badge gives off a sad little chirp to signify the lack of connection

 

<CO_LtCmdr_Sumner> CSO: And you've gone over everything you did to the device?

<CSEC_LtJG_Animim> Self: Dammit, what am I supposed to do?!

<CTO_Lt_Thran> ::Runs scans for everything from phase variance to disintigration residue.::  ALL: This is going to take a while.

<TAC_Ens_Calverian> ::She's made her way right down to the lowest level and pauses to catch her breathe. She stands and waits for a SEC team to reach her to start the search::

<Constable_Dod> *TAC*: There's a team standing by in the lowest cargo bay, Ensign.

<CSO_LtJG_Sutak> CO: Yes, Lieutenant Commander. As I stated, the device was activated by our scans. ::He circles the perimeter of the forcefields around the Artifact, and gestures towards the now-closed aperture on the side.:: CO: I attempted to interface with the artifact through this aperture, however sensors and logs from the moment of the event show that it was the station's scanners which set the

<CSO_LtJG_Sutak> device off. ::He hands her a PADD with video of the event with the light-beam and Animim's disappointed, from many viewpoints in the lab.::

<CTO_Lt_Thran> ::Shakes his head, then turns to the CSEC team.:: CSEC: Continue the scans here, I'm going to head to the lab where the CSEC disappeared from.  Keep me posted.  ::Turns and leaves the area.::

<TAC_Ens_Calverian> *SEC*:Great, thank you, I'm making my way over now. ::she begins walking again, making her way over to the cargo bay::

<CO_LtCmdr_Sumner> ::frowns some and takes the PADD:: CSO: What kind of scan was the station running at the time?

<CSEC_LtJG_Animim> ::stands up and tries to approach the alien device:: Self: Let's see if there is anything I can do from this end.

<CSO_LtJG_Sutak> ::Raises his eyebrow.:: CO: Full spectrum scans. It will take some time to determine which scan set it off.

<CTO_Lt_Thran> ::Steps off the TL and heads to the lab area, scanning as he goes.::

<CEO_LtCmdr_Tegan> ::notices some deciphered ancient texts in the survey data::  CSO: In the meantime, I might have a lead for us to chase down.

<CSO_LtJG_Sutak> ::Nods to the CEO::

<CO_LtCmdr_Sumner> ::looks to Tegan:: CEO: What's that?

<CEO_LtCmdr_Tegan> CSO/CO: There's some mention of experimentation and texts in here ::points to his PADD containing the Serene survey data:: that came from a room nearby the device.

<TAC_Ens_Calverian> ::She approaches the cargo bay and sees a small SEC team waiting for her:: All: Okay, who's ready to start searching?

<CO_LtCmdr_Sumner> CEO: Do we have access to that data?

<CSEC_LtJG_Animim> ::tries to touch the device to see if he can interact with it::

<CEO_LtCmdr_Tegan> CO: Well, it's right in here...in some format or another.  I'll be honest, I'm having trouble making sense of it.  ::passes the PADD off to the CSO::  CSO: Maybe it'll make more sense to you.

ACTION: Animin's hand rests solidly on the exterior of the device

 

<CSO_LtJG_Sutak> ::Examines the PADD data from the Serene Survey::

<CTO_Lt_Thran> ::Walks slowly, around deck 6, and frowns at the tricorder readings.  His antenna twitching in frustration.:: *CSO*: Lt. Sutak, I'm on deck 6 and I'm reading...something.  I'm not sure what to make of it, but it seems to encompass the whole deck....can you verify these readings?

<CSEC_LtJG_Animim> Self: Well, that's something new.

<CSO_LtJG_Sutak> ::Taps his commbadge:: *CTO*: I'm going to need something more succinct than "something," Lieutenant. ::His eyebrow gesticulates::

<CO_LtCmdr_Sumner> ::grabs a nearby tricorder and starts scanning::

<CSO_LtJG_Sutak> Aloud: This is Ancient Vulcan. From what I can make out, it makes reference to an accident that occurred at the Outpost. ::Taps at the PADD, reading as much as he can::

<CTO_Lt_Thran> ::Shakes his head and shrugs.:: *CSO*: I'll try to get something more.

<CSEC_LtJG_Animim> ::takes out his tricorder and sees if he can detect something on the artefact::

<CSO_LtJG_Sutak> *CTO*: "Something" more sounds fascinating, Lieutenant. ::He almost sounded sarcastic, despite his Vulcan droning.::

<CEO_LtCmdr_Tegan> ::pulls up the Serene's data on a couple nearby terminals so they don't have to crowd around the PADD::  CSO: No one ever seems to ask why outposts disappear until after they harvest all the death machines out of them.

<CTO_Lt_Thran> ::Breaks the com connection.:: Self: Vulan ass.... ::fiddles with hsi tricorder, trying to get something more concrete to work with.::

<CO_LtCmdr_Sumner> CSO: Looks like some kind of subspace distortion. It's affecting the whole level.

<CSO_LtJG_Sutak> ::turns his attention to the science console and begins scanning, as he's gleamed all he can from the Ancient Vulcan.::

<CSEC_LtJG_Animim> Self: So this thing is here with me, but not here... ::tries to see if he can replicate the scans that Sutak was doing, although he doesn't quite remember what the CSO was doing::

<CTO_Lt_Thran> :: Continues his scans with frustration..then stops and blinks at his tricoreder. :: Self: What the hell is that?

<CTO_Lt_Thran> ::Focuses his scans on subspace abberitions and tries to trace the source.::

<CO_LtCmdr_Sumner> ::frowns some and sets the tricorder aside:: CEO/CSO: Keep me updated. I'm going to contact the Serene, see what else they can tell us that isn't on one of these PADDs. ::leaves the lab and heads for a turbolift::

<CTO_Lt_Thran> *CSO*: Mr. Sutak, I believe I've found that more you were looking for.

<CSEC_LtJG_Animim> ::suddenly has an idea:: Self: Maybe if I send a wide, multi-spectral beam to the device, it will get reflected and I can use it as a means of communicating...

<CSEC_LtJG_Animim> ::sets his tricorder up to create a modulated beam that contains a message, than has it beamed towards the device::

<CSO_LtJG_Sutak> *CTO*: ... ... Elaborate. ::Continues scanning and begins to speak to the CO, who has already exited the room.:: CO: I have several theories regarding Mr. Animim's wherabouts. He is most likely dead. There is also a remote possibility that he was rendered into a different "phase" by the device, as we saw it had extra-spatial abilities that warped normal space... ::he trails off::

<TAC_Ens_Calverian> *CTO*: Lieutenant, this is Ensign Calverian, have you found anything so far?

<CTO_Lt_Thran> *CSO*: I'm detecting some kind of....well, I'd call it a subspace echo.  Its effect is spread throughout the deck in a random pattern, seems like its...wandering?

<CSEC_LtJG_Animim> ::turns towards Sutak:: CSO: Goddamit, Sutak, I'm not dead...

<CSO_LtJG_Sutak> ::His eyebrow peaks:: *CTO*: Forward your findings to the Science console in my lab. ::He turns to find the CO missing.:: Aloud: ...This may support the theory that Animim is still alive... Lieutenant Commander... ::He speaks to no one, illogical, though he's sure everyone else has heard him.::

<CTO_Lt_Thran> *TAC*: Possibly....have your team continue the scanning there and join me on deck 6.

<CSEC_LtJG_Animim> ::puts down his tricorder and starts feeling around the device to see if he can find any control panel::

<CTO_Lt_Thran> ::Tries to narrow the focus of his scans to the subspace and sends the data to the CSO.::

<TAC_Ens_Calverian> *CTO*: Okay Lieutenant, we'll be there shortly. All: Let's finish up scanning then head over to deck 6; Lieutenant Thran thinks he may have found something...

<CEO_LtCmdr_Tegan> CSO: Does she do that a lot?

<CO_LtCmdr_Sumner> ::arrives in OPS, and orders a message be sent to the Serene, asking for any other information they might have about the artifact, including anecdotes, then proceeds to a console to go over the data they already have::

<TAC_Ens_Calverian> ::Finishes her scans:: Self: Okay, nothing out of the ordinary here, better go to deck 6, Thran's waiting. All: Okay team, let's get going. ::Heads out with the SEC team following behind::

<CSO_LtJG_Sutak> ::Looks at the CEO with a stoic Vulcan face, and says nothing on the subject. He taps his commbadge:: *CTO*: Lieutenant, what you appear to have discovered is the superstatic path wandering the deck. This is a strong sign that Animim may be out of phase with normal space, or simply undetectable to our senses and sensors by some means of molecular cloaking... I have a few theories...

<CSO_LtJG_Sutak> ::He turns back to the CEO:: CEO: Can you modify the station's power source to "brownout" section by section? This may improve scans in each section without EM interference...

<TAC_Ens_Calverian> ::Arrives on deck 6 with the SEC team::

<CEO_LtCmdr_Tegan> ::turns his attention to the archived scans from the earlier incident, paying particular attention to the EM emissions to see if there is any tell-tale pattern::

<CTO_Lt_Thran> ::Blinks at the Vulcans description of the....thingy.:: *CSO*: Umm....understood?  We'll start scanning for phase variances, see if we can pinpoint him.

<CSEC_LtJG_Animim> ::starts pushing on the artefact, hoping to move it both in this phase and the real world one::

<CEO_LtCmdr_Tegan> CSO: ::incredulous:: You're essentially asking me to cut power to sections of the station, to improve your scans?!  Shall I start with the main computer, or life support, or I know...let's cause a panic on the Promenade first.

<CSO_LtJG_Sutak> ::Begins modulating sensors from his Science Console to match the patterns Thran has discovered, while simelatenously matching each scan to the sections Tegan is browning out.::

<CTO_Lt_Thran> ::His antenna flatten back in confusion and he turns to Calverian and shrugs.::  TAC: Guess he's out of phase...or something.  Anyway, lets start scanning for phase variations, see if we can find our lost sheep.

<CSO_LtJG_Sutak> ::Turns to the Engineer:: CEO: Or perhaps you could start with the lights... May I remind you that an Officer's life may be at stake? I'm quite sure the refit crews taking their lunches can go without some replicated Gagh for a few seconds... ::His brow flattens, unimpressed::

<TAC_Ens_Calverian> CTO: Yes Lieutenant. ::Walks towards the console to see what he has found::

<CEO_LtCmdr_Tegan> CSO: Lieutenant, the lighting is not overpowering your ability to scan, I promise you.  There's far more EM interference from everything else running behind the walls.  I'm willing to consider this, but you're going to have to get a much clearer idea of the section first and we'll need Security's assistance with notifying people in the area.

<CO_LtCmdr_Sumner> ::frowns in concentration as she reads over the descriptions of the outpost::

 

ACTION: Despite not being strapped down, the device doesn't budge an inch, however hard Animim pushes

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Tegan> ::notices that the device reacted to specific frequencies, but not consistently the same ones::  Computer: Analyze the subspace frequencies which caused a reaction in the artifact and identify any recognizable patterns.

<CSO_LtJG_Sutak> ::Stares at Tegan for a moment.:: CEO: At some point, I would be glad to give you a beginner's course on Logic, if it suits you, Commander. ::He taps his commbadge:: *CO*: Lieutenant Commander, permission to dampen power section by section on level 6 to improve sensor data.

<Computer> CEO: Working...

<CTO_Lt_Thran> ::Taps away at his tricroder, adjusting the scan to search for synchronic distortians in phase variance to try tp pinpoint the CSEC and shares his settings withe Calverian.:: TAC: ok, lets sweep the area and move forward from here, with any luck we'll get a hit on his location.

<CSEC_LtJG_Animim> ::steps back from the device, completely confused:: CSO: Well, I don't know how much more I can do, Sutak. It's in your hands.

<CO_LtCmdr_Sumner> ::thinks for a moment:: *CSO*: How long are we talking?

<CTO_Lt_Thran> TAC: Assuming Sutak is right in his theory.

<CSO_LtJG_Sutak> *CO*: 1.4 seconds for each section. ::He looks at Tegan with unblinking eyes::

<CO_LtCmdr_Sumner> *CSO*: Alright, go ahead.

<CSO_LtJG_Sutak> ::Turns his attention to the science console and speaks to the Engineer behind him:: CEO: If you don't mind, Commander. ::waits for the power "brownouts" to begin::

<Computer> CEO: Subspace frequencies coincide with normal background modulations in the warp core

<CSO_LtJG_Sutak> ::Has a sudden thought.:: CSEC: Lieutenant Animim, if you can hear me, please walk a perimeter of the room. ::Turns his attention to the scans that Thran discovered, hoping to see a new superstatic path around the perimeter of the lab::

<CEO_LtCmdr_Tegan> *Level 6*: To all personnel on Level 6, there will be periodic reductions in power over the next few minutes.  Power will be restored to full shortly.

<CSEC_LtJG_Animim> ::perks up at hearing his name called and does as suggest by Sutak::

<CEO_LtCmdr_Tegan> Computer: Reduce power to Level 6.

<CTO_Lt_Thran> :Gets a reading on his Tricorder and points.:: TAC: This way!

<CTO_Lt_Thran> *CSO*: Mr. Sutak, I think I might have found him.  ::jogs through the deck until he gets to the source of his scan.::

<TAC_Ens_Calverian> ::Tries to keep up with him:: CTO: I didn't think there'd be this much excercise when I joined ::pants::

<CEO_LtCmdr_Tegan> Self: Background modulation in the warp core?  That doesn't make a lick of sense.

<CTO_Lt_Thran> ::SEnds his scans to the CSO to verify.::  CSEC: Lt. Animim, if you can hear me....don't move.

<CSEC_LtJG_Animim> ::stops momentarily as he sees that they have detected him::

<CSO_LtJG_Sutak> ::Looks around the room, then to the door::

<CEO_LtCmdr_Tegan> CSO: Lieutenant, I'm going to overlook your going over my head rather than working out a moment of miscommunication directly with me in favor of advancing our chances of recovering our Chief of Security.  Take a look at this...the EM modulations in the device, when it spiked during scans, are directly correlated to the warp core modulation rotation.  What do you make of that.

<CTO_Lt_Thran> ::Nods at the scans on his tricorder. :: *CSO*: Mr. Sutak, I've got him.

<CSO_LtJG_Sutak> CEO: Commander, you may outrank me, but I answer directly to Lieutenant Commander Sumner, and she's very strict about the chain of command.

<CO_LtCmdr_Sumner> ::finishes with the reports pertaining to the device, and tries to think::

<CSO_LtJG_Sutak> ::Looks to the door, expecting Thran to walk through it::

<CEO_LtCmdr_Tegan> ::furrows his brow as he digs deeper::  CSO: I'm seeing slight fluctuations in ionizing radiation from the core that appears to have an interaction of some kind with the subspace scans we were performing.

<CTO_Lt_Thran> ::Opens the door and almost walks into the CSO.:: CSO: Oh.....ok

<CSO_LtJG_Sutak> ::Nods to the CTO:: Aloud: As I expected.

<CSEC_LtJG_Animim> ::tries to walk a path that spells the letter H::

<CTO_Lt_Thran> ::grimaces at the CSO's smugness.:: CSO: Of course.

<TAC_Ens_Calverian> ::looks confused:: Self: Where is...

<CSO_LtJG_Sutak> ::Looks around the room, then at Thran. He taps his commbadge.:: *CO*: Lieutenant Commander, I have sufficient evidence to work under the assumption that Mr. Animim is alive and well, and in my lab. I have several working theories as to why we cannot communicate with him.

<CO_LtCmdr_Sumner> ::heads for the turbolift again::

<CTO_Lt_Thran> ::Glances back at TAC and rolls his eyes and antenna towards Sutak.:: TAC: He's in here according to our scans.

<CEO_LtCmdr_Tegan> ::yells across the open comm channel:: *CO*: WE.  WE have several working theories Captain.  ::glares at the CSO::

<CSO_LtJG_Sutak> ::Looks at the CTO:: CTO: Yes, I discerned as much.

<CO_LtCmdr_Sumner> *CSO*: Excellent. The sooner we figure out what happened, the sooner we can reverse it.

 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< End Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

 


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage