U.S.S. Bremen - 11404.16, Mission #8

"Child's Play"


Star Trek: Engage Transcript “CHILD'S PLAY”

 

Directed by: Aoibhe Ni

 

Starring:

James Greenman as CO Captain Rhodri Griffiths

CJ Short as ENG Ensign Ilia sh'Torar

Kyle Renaud as TAC Ensign Darloch

Shawna F as SCI Cadet Raqiin sh'Hruvek

 

 

 

 

 

Mission Summary:

With mircofractures appearing in several sections of the hull, Engineering has its hands full with structural integrity tests and emergency repair work. In the meantime, one of the few children on board has come to the Bridge crew's attention after Cadet sh'Hruvek made unexpected telepathic contact with a possibly sentient being.

 

While the threat of a Romulan incursion is still on everyone's minds, Ensign Darloch has been ordered to give up on interrogating their prisoner, frustrated with Relar's lack of co-operation.

We pick up just as Captain Griffiths and Cadet sh'Hruvek prepare to speak to the little girl, Laney Moree.

 

<<<Resume Mission>>>

<ENG_Ens_shTolar>

::quietly panics in Engineering, completely out of ideas::

 

<Relar>

ACTION: The ship rumbles sickeningly as an internal wall cracks down its length, causing the ceiling to lurch downwards, revealing lots of internal wiring and conduits.

 

<ENG_Ens_shTolar>

*SCI*: sh'Tolar to sh'Hruvek.

 

<SCI_Cdt_shHruvek>

::tries to ignore the rumbling while spending a little quality time with the computer, frantically researching:: *ENG*: Go ahead.

 

<ENG_Ens_shTolar>

*SCI*: Have you got anything? 'Cause we're starting to come apart.

 

<SCI_Cdt_shHruvek>

*ENG*: Really, I hadn't noticed.  Hold on.  I'm trying to find anything to help. ::finding references, yes, things to explain a few of her theories, but...::

 

<ENG_Ens_shTolar>

::takes a look at a padd that's handed to her showing the areas od greatest stress, and frowns::

 

<Relar>

ACTION: The ship rumbles again, the lights flickering ominously!

 

<ENG_Ens_shTolar>

::slowly widens her eyes, and sprints towards tractor control::

 

<ENG_Ens_shTolar>

*SCI*: I might have a temporary fix. Maybe. ::works furiously at the console, trying to alter the tractor beam to affect things on a quantum level:: ENG: I need everything we've got rerouted to tractor control!

 

<SCI_Cdt_shHruvek>

*ENG*: I might have a more permanent fix--do you think you can create a broad-spectrum warp field? That might close the fissures, for good.

 

<ENG_Ens_shTolar>

*SCI*: Uh... sure. That's probably better than my idea. ::sprints to a different console, ignoring the confused looks of everyone else:: Engineering: New plan!

 

<SCI_Cdt_shHruvek>

*ENG*: Hey, if it doesn't work, we might not be here much longer for you to blame me anyway.

 

<ENG_Ens_shTolar>

*ENG*: That's... that's not comforting at all. ::programs a broad-spectrum warp field, altering the geometry so as to prevent them from actually going anywhere::

 

<ENG_Ens_shTolar>

*SCI*: Alright... ready to initialize. ::activates the warp field::

 

<Tac_ENS_Darloch>

Tac:im heading to bridge take over here please :: Heads to bridge::

 

<Relar>

ACTION: Engineering reports a reduction in the stress on the ship along the fault lines.

 

<ENG_Ens_shTolar>

*SCI*: It's helping... ::checks more reports::

 

<Tac_ENS_Darloch>

::Arives at Bridge: ENG: did i miss anything fun since i was in chatting with Relar?

 

<SCI_Cdt_shHruvek>

::it's too hard to ignore the alien panic--she's on her way to see Laney again, the only way to really know for sure:: *ENG*: Thankfully.

 

<MED_Lena_Moree>

::holds her daughter as Laney cries:: *SCI*: I don't know what's going on, but Laney seems to think you're hurting her friend?

 

<ENG_Ens_shTolar>

TAC: The ship was dying.

 

<Tac_ENS_Darloch>

Eng: Of course it was i happen to be away from my post on other duties and you guys take the time to have all the fun. I hope you have things under control or do you need me to jump in anywhere?

 

<SCI_Cdt_shHruvek>

*MED*: Is her friend still there? Are they still communicating?

 

<ENG_Ens_shTolar>

TAC: Uh... You might wanna call down to the torpedo magazine, make sure those are all intact. We'd be in bad shape if they were compromised.

 

<MED_Lena_Moree>

*SCI*: Yes.. ::sounds really worried, her words just audible over Laney's crying:: *SCI*: She said he was shouting at her... saying something about her not... ::pauses as Laney cries harder:: *SCI*: ...not playing fair? Not sharing?

 

<Tac_ENS_Darloch>

Eng: understood  *Main Armoury* Situation Report please what is the condition of our torpedos?

 

<SCI_Cdt_shHruvek>

*MED*: Maybe because we're trying to cut off the way they're allowed to communicate... ::maybe the being just wanted to learn about them? maybe it caused the fissures to begin with?::

 

<Armoury_Chief_Blast>

*TAC*: Stable for now, sir! But I recommend we shift them to an aft cargo hold. They aren't far from the fissures where they are currently.

 

<MED_Lena_Moree>

*SCI*: No... I don't get that impression, ma'am... I just.. shhh, Laney, it's OK... She said that he wasn't ready. I don't understand what she means... but, maybe you do?

 

<Tac_ENS_Darloch>

*Chief Blast* understood make it so please put them in auxillary forciefields upon arival just to be safe

 

<ENG_Ens_shTolar>

*SCI*: We're definitely intersected with some kind of object... Ovoid in shape, possibly a ship?

 

<Armoury_Chief_Blast>

*TAC*: Yessir! On the double!

 

<SCI_Cdt_shHruvek>

*ENG*: Now that the ship's not falling to pieces around us, at least we can focus on that.

 

<<<Pause Mission>>>

 

Copyright 2014 Star Trek: Engage


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage