U.S.S. Bremen - 1140.26, Mission #6

"Child's Play"


Star Trek: Engage Transcript “CHILD'S PLAY”

 

Directed by: Aoibhe Ni

 

Starring:

James Greenman as CO Captain Rhodri Griffiths

Brian Bailey as XO Lt. V'Lor

CJ Short as ENG Ensign Ilia sh'Torar

Kyle Renaud as TAC Cadet Darloch

Shawna F as SCI Cadet Raqiin sh'Hruvek

 

 

 

 

 

Mission Summary:

The Bremen has picked up the Romulan prisoner, identified as Relar, and has started on its journey to their distination. Suddenly, Engineering started to report micro fractures along the nacelle and the hull, eventually leading to an order from Captain Grittiths to come to a stop.

 

We join the crew as they stare with paranoia out into space, unsure what (if anything) is out there watching back...

 

We join the crew 20 minutes out from Scion.

 

<<<Start Mission>>>

 

TacENSDarloch:

XO: if u need me ill be in ENG as ordered

 

GMJames:

::checks on the ship status from his console::

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::gets to work disassembling some probes, scavenging their gaseous particle sensors::

 

<@Relar> ::paces in his cell::

 

TacENSDarloch:

::heads out of room to turbo lift towards eng to help adjust the torpedos

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::taps his comm badge:: *TAC*: Ensign Darloch, this is the bridge. Change of plans, I have Lieutenant V'Lor taking care of something. It'll be up to you to speak with the prisoner. Remember, extend every courtesy, prisoners still have rights.

 

SCICdtshHruvek:

::keeps an eye on the scans and sweeps, but most of her attention is now on more thoroughly reading through the science reports::

 

TacENSDarloch:

*CO* understood no marks just talk to him

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::gathers up eight of them, and heads to where the torpedoes are being prepared::

 

TacENSDarloch:

:: stops turbo lift and heads back to the brig

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

*TAC*: Exactly, Ensign. Let me know if you find anything out.

 

TacENSDarloch:

::arrives back at brig waiting to see the depressed look on our guests face as I arrive back in the room and not the Captain

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::hands off a few and takes a PADD from an engineer:: Self: Shit... ::taps her combadge:: *CO*: sh'Tolar to the bridge.

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

*CO*: Bridge here. I hope this is good news, Ensign.

 

<@Relar> ::stares at TAC:: TAC: Have you forgotten something?

 

TacENSDarloch:

Mr Relar: no change of plans

 

<@Relar> TAC: This place sounds organised... ::sighs:: TAC: Where is your Captain?

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

*CO*: No, sir. The fractures are real, and they're getting bigger. ::scrolls through the PADD:: Preliminary analysis suggests the hull stress is due to some kind of quantum fluctuation in this region of space. Whatever's causing it, it's shaking the ship apart on a quantum level.

 

TacENSDarloch:

Relar: i see that you have a strong intrest in astrometric charts did you find anything to you liking in the last reports you were caught reading with out permission

 

TacENSDarloch:

Relar: as for the Captain he is where he needs to be for the moment

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::frowns deeply, tapping his fingers on the chair console for a moment: *ENG*: It's strange that this hasn't shown up anywhere before. Is there a point or origin, or is this a natural occurence in this sector?

 

<@Relar> TAC: Permission is a relative term, Klingon. Frankly, I'm surprised you are familiar with any word longer than two syllables.

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::shakes her head lightly, handing off the rest of the sensors:: *CO*: I don't know; our scans were limited to the area around the cracks. A wider scan might let us know more. For now, I suggest we return to where we were before these fissures showed up. Repairs are going to be a problem as long as we're exposed to this stress.

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::turns around to the Science station:: SCI: See if you can scan out the extend of these Quantum fluctuations and map the shortest distance out of them.

 

TacENSDarloch:

Relar: i see that even a lowly Klingon can suprise you. What was so interesting in the charts you were reading. What were you looking for?

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

*ENG*: Understood. Get me those torpedoes then start looking at a way to protect against this stress. ::drops back into his seat and looks down towards the conn:: aNAV: Turn us about, back the way we came. Warp 1.

 

<@Relar> TAC: A nice vacation spot.

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

*CO*: We'll do what we can. ::starts working on one of the torpedos::

SCICdtshHruvek:

::the reports are going to have to be set aside, and she reaches for her station but--turns around, looks around the bridge, head tilted::

 

SCICdtshHruvek:

CO: Sir, did you... ::trails off, she could have sworn she heard something, someone, but...she'd sound crazy, wouldn't she?:: Nevermind.

 

<@Relar> <aNAV_Bleet> CO: Yes sir! ::taps the "do a 180" button and aims them back the way they came::

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::tilts his head slightly and looks back towards the science console:: SCI: What is it, Cadet?

 

TacENSDarloch:

Relar: im sure if that was the case Risa would have been the top of your list but now what intrests you in this region of space so much

 

SCICdtshHruvek:

CO: It's...nothing, sir. I just thought I heard--I'll get right on those scans, sir. ::turns back to her station to do just that::

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::nods slowly:: SCI: It's a tense situation, Cadet. It'll happen, just a few deep breaths. ::smiles reassuringly, then sits back in his seat and faces the viewscreen:: Let me know when we're nearing the border of these quantum fluctuations.

 

<@Relar> TAC: You have seen the charts, I have no doubt. Why don't you tell me? ::looks haughty, as only a Romulan can::

 

<@Relar> ACTION: Alarm klaxons start to go off on several Engineering consoles at once.

TacENSDarloch:

 

Relar: What are your orders? Who are you working for? What is in this region that peaks your intrest?

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::perks up as one of the stations in the torpedo magazine beeps; she jogs over to it:: Self: The hell? ::taps her combadge:: *CO*: Captain, we need to stop the ship!

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::hears the comm:: aNAV: Full stop, crewman. ::leans forward in his chair with a dour look:: *ENG*: What's happening, Ensign? Are we stuck in some kind of minefield?

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::tries to make sense of what she's seeing:: *CO*: I'm not sure, sir, but the more we move away from where we were, the faster the cracks are spreading. It's like we're snagged on something. I advise we evacuate the areas around the fractures, except for the repair crews.

 

<@Relar> <aNAV_Bleet> CO: Whoo-arg! ::slams his console and brings the ship to full stop::

 

<@Relar> TAC: I have no orders. I am working with no-one. Nothing interests me. I'm sorry if that is too complicated for your simply Klingon mind to comprehend. ::scoffs::

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::stands up, tugging his uniform jacket down:: *ENG*: Begin work on the damaged areas, let me know when we're good to start moving again.

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::turns back to the Science console:: SCI: See if you can find out where these fluctuations are coming from, and what exactly is 'tethering' us.

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

*CO*: I'll keep you updated. ::hands off the torpedo duties to go check out this fracture for herself::

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::steps over to the Tactical console, relieving the crewman there and logging in, beginning a quick set of shield harmonic rotations::

 

SCICdtshHruvek:

::she sounds a little more panicked, antennae rigid:: CO: Sir! I think...something's trying to communicate with us...

 

TacENSDarloch:

Relar: this back and forth is not getting you what you want you want the captain he wants a real reason. Stop insulting me and give me the truth not your half wit snied remarks and we can speed this up for the both of us

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::turns back, tilting his head slightly:: SCI: Communicating? Telepathically?

 

<@Relar> TAC: You seem to have the impression I am asking to speak to the Captain because I wish to actually speak to him. No, no, Ensign. I simply wish to see what sort of man would be chosen to command such a badly-disciplined crew. I want nothing. I am exactly where I want to be. ::smiles, a rather cold expression::

ENGEnsshTolar:

::stops off in ME to grab a few tools::

 

SCICdtshHruvek:

CO: Not exactly... It's like they're trying to talk to me, like they have a voice, but they're not saying WORDS, they're just... ::takes a deep breath:: They're scared. In a panic. I don't know where they are. But I hear--I hear them. Feel them.

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::frowns as another light starts blinking on an anti-matter storage unit::

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

SCI: Can you tell...who? Or what they are? Or how far away? Are there any inhabited systems nearby?

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::has a sudden realization, and moves to a console to run an internal scan::

 

TacENSDarloch:

Relar: fact you were trespassing in restricted areas and caught with sensor data that was not yours or for your eyes. Fact you were arrested for this act and are now being flown to your tribunal. Lieing wont help insulting wont help and being useless wont help your situation.

 

TacENSDarloch:

:: nods to another Tac in room to signal ill be right back and leaves the room

ENGEnsshTolar:

*CO*: sh'Tolar to the bridge! ::sounds panicked::

 

TacENSDarloch:

*CO*: Tac_Ens_Darloch here sir

 

SCICdtshHruvek:

CO: I don't think I'd be feeling this if they weren't closer, but I'll see. ::she pushes through her distraction, looking for systems nearby::

 

<@Relar> TAC: I have failed. ::shrugs:: TAC: My life is forfeit. It is a price that is worth paying. I will submit to your "tribunal".

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

Self: No no no... ::Starts reassigning damage control teams to more vital areas::

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

*ENG*: Don't tell me - The ship is coming apart?

 

TacENSDarloch:

*CO*: Relar is not talking he is just trying to waist our time he wants to see you just to get a good laugh in my opinion he is not worth any more or our time. any follow up orders for me?

 

SCICdtshHruvek:

CO: It doesn't look like there are any systems with sentient life nearby anyway, sir. Whoever or whatever it is, they're close.

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::wonders where exactly this all started going wrong, trying to stop himself from blaming it all on the Romulan:: *TAC*: None. Lock him down and continue work on the torpedoes.

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

*CO*: Uh, something like that; whatever's affecting the hull is permeating the ship. It's degrading everything; deuterium tanks, anti-matter containment. It's... it's moving everywhere.

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

SCI: Start running a full spectral scan, see if there are any subspace fractures, tears or quantum fissures. ::looks upwards slightly:: *ENG*: Can you lock it down? Containment fields, anything?

 

<@Relar> <MED_Lena_Moree>*CO*: Captain? I'm er, I'm sorry for disturbing you... ::sounds worried::*CO*: I don't even know if this is a "thing"...  

 

TacENSDarloch:

*CO*: Eye sir heading to Eng now

 

TacENSDarloch:

:: heads to eng to help out as needed

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

*MED*: Not at all, Doctor. Go ahead. ::steps up to the upper tier of the bridge to help sh'Hruvek go through scans::

 

TacENSDarloch:

*ENG*: Darloch here im on my way to ENG where do you want me to start once i arrive?

 

<MED_Lena_Moree> *CO*: I feel foolish for even saying this, but.. ::sighs, whispers off comm for a second "I'm telling him...":: *CO*: My daughter... is... seeing... ::pauses:: ... aliens... ::trails off:: *CO*: She is adamant, sir. I'm so sorry for interrupting, but she needs to hear from you that everything is OK...

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::glances for a moment between the Cadet and something off into the distance:: *MED*: I think I should come down there, Doctor. I'm going to bring one of the bridge crew with me, if that's okay? ::gives sh'Hruvek a nod towards the turbolift, stepping in himself::

 

SCICdtshHruvek:

::she pauses, looking to the Commander, then nods and follows, trying not to look too eager and probably failing::

 

<12@MED_Lena_Moree> *CO*: ::silence for a long moment:: OK, sir, yes... Moree out? ::comm is cut::

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

*TAC*: Uh... I don't know... Come to ME, we need to figure out primary locations for forcefield placement.

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

TL: Personnel quarters, Deck 7. ::waits for the turbolift to start moving:: SCI: I think whoever it trying to communicate with you is closer than we think, Cadet. Let me know what you...see? Feel?

 

<12@MED_Lena_Moree> Self: Shhhhhh ::looks at her daughter, chatting away to the wall:: Self: -it.

 

TacENSDarloch:

*Eng*: understood on my way will be there asap

 

TacENSDarloch:

::arrives at ME and heads directly to ENG for further instructions

 

<12@MED_Lena_Moree> ::suddenly realises how much of a mess her quarters are in and starts to fling things behind the sofa::

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::steps off the Turbolift and makes his way towards the crewman's quarters, hitting the chime on the door and making sure sh'Hruvek is with him::

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::folds her arms and stares at the warp core, trying to figure out some kind of fix:: TAC: Oh, Ensign. We need to start erecting forcefields around the more, uh... explody parts of the ship. Containment systems will fail if we don't stop whatever this is, so we need to be prepared. ::seems unsure::

 

<12@MED_Lena_Moree> ::hears the chime, turns to her daughter:: Laney: OK, now, poppy, remember to be nice to the Captain. There's a good girl. ::turns to the door, settles her uniform and calls out:: CO: Come in!

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::steps through the doors with a quiet smile for Lena:: MED: Doctor. I don't know if you've met Cadet sh'Hruvek yet.

 

TacENSDarloch:

Ens:understood ill work aft and head to mid ship

 

SCICdtshHruvek:

MED: Good to meet you. ::with a polite nod of her head::

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::nods:: TAC: Good. ::gets a sudden idea and bolts for a nearby console::

 

<12@MED_Lena_Moree> ::manages a nervous smile:: CO: No, I don't think I have.. ::Nods to SCI:: CO/SCI: Can I offer you anything? I didn't expect you to come all the way down here, sir, thank you. She has such an active imagination...

 

TacENSDarloch:

::starts applying emergancy force fields to any tac or potential explosive areas heading forward to mid ship

 

<12@MED_Lena_Moree> <Laney> ::looks up, sees CO and SCI, turns back to the wall:: Wall: Oh, it's OK, they're nice, too.

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::runs a hand nervously through her hair:: Self: Okay... okay... maybe... ::brings up the programming for the transporter systems, specifically the Heisenberg compensators::

 

TacENSDarloch:

Eng: how are the Torpedos comming as well i can pull people here to help on them with out opening any holes in the security of the ship if needed

SCICdtshHruvek:

MED/CO: I think it's a little more than imagination. ::looks toward the child, a little worried::

 

<12@MED_Lena_Moree> ::face drops::

SCICdtshHruvek:

MED: May I speak with her? If that's all right.

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::looks from MED to SCI and nods::

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::looks over:: TAC: The first eight should be ready. I need everone we can spare at the deflector dish, if you can. ::taps her combadge:: *CO*: Sir, I've got a potential fix. I'm going to turn the deflector array into a large Heisenberg compensator. We may be able to settle the quantum fluctations that way. Maybe.

 

<12@MED_Lena_Moree> ::nods wordlessly, getting the impression that there may be more going on here than a 6-year-old with an imaginary friend::

 

TacENSDarloch:

*Tac*: all available off duity personell to ME deflector controll

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

*ENG*: Go ahead, Ensign. Let me know when you're ready to put it to use.

 

<<<Pause Mission>>>

 

 

Copyright 2014 Star Trek: Engage


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage