U.S.S. Bremen - 11403.19, Mission #5

"Child's Play"


Star Trek: Engage Transcript “CHILD'S PLAY”

 

Directed by: Aoibhe Ni

 

Starring:

James Greenman as CO Captain Rhodri Griffiths

Brian Bailey as XO Lt. V'Lor

CJ Short as ENG Ensign Ilia sh'Torar

Kyle Renaud as TAC Cadet Darloch

Shawna F as SCI Cadet Raqiin sh'Hruvek

 

Mission Summary:

The Bremen has spent a few days at space dock being repaired after Silvia's little turn about the place. The crew and the ship are now in better shape, physically if not emotionally, and are en route to Science Station Scion to pick up an unnamed Romulan prisoner.

 

We join the crew 20 minutes out from Scion.

 

<<<Start Mission>>>

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::taps lightly at the arm console on the Captain's chair, monitoring a few random stations::

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::sits on the bridge, quietly checking to see how the repairs are holding up::

 

XOLtVlor:

::V'lor goes over the transfer procedures.. Making sure Tactical covered all procedures taken that Darloch was in charge of. The normal XO double checks::

 

SCICdtshHruvek:

::tachyon sweeps have been running the past ten minutes--no reason to dally on the orders, especially when there are Romulans involved...::

 

TacCdtDarloch:

:: personally makes sure all Tac personell is indivudially given their orders and duity rosters for the mission at hand ship is at Tac situational readyness

 

TacCdtDarloch:

CO: all Tac personnel is in position and duity roster is drawn up and is being sent to XO for approvial

COCmdrGriffiths:

::nods to himself before turning his head up to the Tactical station:: TAC: Thank you, Mister Darloch. Lock down a transporter buffer and have the Brig report ready for transport once we arrive.

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::spaces out a bit, watching as messages zip between engineers::

 

TacCdtDarloch:

CO: Yes Sir buffer locked and Brig awaiting us to arrive

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::glances over at the Engineering station:: ENG: Ensign sh'Tolar, run a full diagnostic on that transporter buffer. Call me paranoid, but i've never met a Romulan I could trust further than I could throw.

 

SCICdtshHruvek:

CO: We're within hailing distance of the station, sir.

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::looks up and takes a moment to process that request:: CO: Yes, sir. ::initiates the diagnosic::

 

XOLtVlor:

::V'lor using this to take a look at the prisoner this Romulan as she does her final personal checks. She is not having this one escape. She trusts Darloch, the Tal Shiar are know to be a tricky lot::

COCmdrGriffiths:

::sits back in his chair and adjusts his uniform slightly:: SCI: Thank you, Cadet. Open a channel.

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

CO: Buffer's green, sir.

 

SCICdtshHruvek:

CO: Yessir. ::comms aren't her specialty (by a long shot), but she can at least open a channel to Scion::

 

TacCdtDarloch:

:: gotta set up more scans of the brig and its soon to be prisoner so no suprises sneaks in

 

<@GM_Aoibhe> <Station_Master_Dunock> ::stares out of the viewscreen at the Bremen's bridge. Aside, he says...:: *CO*: Is it on? ::looks like a middle-aged, greying man, flustered and a bit shiny from sweat::

 

TacCdtDarloch:

*CMO*: is there any additional scans we can set up and use to eliminate any bio tracking or and medical suprises that may pop up? If so can you please make them available

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::clears his throat lightly:: *Dunock*: This is Captain Rhodri Griffiths, U.S.S. Bremen. ::smiles just slightly:: It's on.

 

<@GM_Aoibhe> @ <Station_Master_Dunock> *CO*: Oh, thank god, good... yes. Captain, yes... ::missed the CO's first name:: Griffith... Good to see you, Captain.

 

<@GM_Aoibhe> <CMO_Grey>*TAC*: All medical issues are surprises, Cadet... ::huffs:: *TAC*: But I'll see what I can rustle up for you.

 

TacCdtDarloch:

*CMO*: understood and thank you

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

*Dunock*: And you, Commander. I understand you have a prisoner onboard awaiting transfer? We're locked down here and will be with you in...::taps his console briefly::...3 minutes.

 

XOLtVlor:

:;V'lor looks at her left hand the memory of her blood dripping out of her hand from where her nails bit into the flesh. She watches the empty cage wondering the dark thoughts of her past::

 

TacCdtDarloch:

XO:permission to head to the brig to make sure all goes well on arrival of our guest?

 

<@GM_Aoibhe> @  <Station_Master_Dunock> *CO*: Forgive my manner, Captain... It's been a tense few days. Not much sleep for me or the 25 people under me. We don't have the facilities to deal with a stray cat, let alone an... infiltrating... spy. ::shudders:: *CO*: This has tasked us. Tasked us!

 

XOLtVlor:

::V'lor's snaps out of her thoughts putting her hand down to her side startled. She covers it up slightly:: TAC: Proceed Mr. Darloch

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::watches the viewscreen, managing to find a small bit of amusement from Dunock::

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

*Dunock*: I understand, Commander. You've done well so far, you've got a good crew with you to handle it for this long. Is it possible for us to get a copy of the data that the Romulan was accessing? It would greatly aid in any investigations conducted by Starfleet.

 

TacCdtDarloch:

:: appoints next to take over bridge pposition and heads to brig with coms ready to report

 

TacCdtDarloch:

*position

 

<@GM_Aoibhe> @ <Station_Master_Dunock> ::hesitates:: *CO*: Of course, but I would ask you to let it go no further than your senior officers? It's not... strictly confidential or sensitive... but we are only partway through many studies, and our findings have yet to be verified. ::waves a hand to someone off screen, wipes his shining face and looks back at CO::

 

TacCdtDarloch:

*XO*: inposition everything is ready at our end

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::nods:: *Dunock*: Of course. I'll have my first officer go through the results herself, and i'll notify the Starbase once we transfer the prisoner over to proper Starfleet authorities.

 

SCICdtshHruvek:

::not sure she likes this guy--granted sleeplessness and spies are one thing, but he seems too skittish for her liking. but at least she gets to focus on the data transfer::

 

<@GM_Aoibhe> ACTION: ENG and SCI ststions receive a mountain of data on stellar studies.

ENGEnsshTolar:

 

::frowns somewhat at her console, then starts poring through the data, looking at article headers and abstracts::

 

<@GM_Aoibhe> @  <Station_Master_Dunock> *CO*: Thank you, Captain Griffith. ::gets a message from soemone behind him:: *CO*: The prisoner is ready for transport.

 

<@GM_Aoibhe> ACTION: Oh, and yea, the Bremen has reached its destination...

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::nods to the screen, then checks his own console:: *Dunock*: Understood, Commander. ::turns to V'Lor:: XO: Initiate transport, Lieutenant, then report to the Brig to check on our guest.

 

XOLtVlor:

::V'lor nods at the captain's order teleportiing him over answering in her Scottich brood:: CO: Aye, Captain.

 

<@GM_Aoibhe> ACTION: The Romulan Prisoner is successfully transported to the Bremen's Brig.

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::frowns a different frown, one of concentration, then looks over to the science officer, trying to decide if she wants to talk to her or not::

COCmdrGriffiths:

XO: Take us to Yellow Alert. ::offers the noticably-more-relaxed Dunock a smile:: *Dunock*: We'll take it from here, Commander, thank you.

 

TacCdtDarloch:

:starts scans on our guest to get initial biometric readings and verify it is who we are supposed to have in our brig

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::decided it's better to speak when spoken to, and keeps sorting through the data::

 

XOLtVlor:

::V'lor inniats Yellow Alart: CO: Captain, it done. I am heading to the Brig now. ::as she gets up heading to the Turbo Lift and Brig::

 

<@Relar> @  <Station_Master_Dunock> *CO*: Good luck, Captain. If you need our help... ::trails off, not sure what help he may be able to give a starship Captain:: *CO*: Yes, well. Scion out.

 

SCICdtshHruvek:

::lets go a breath, because she didn't want to talk about the data while the station master was still on the screen::

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::nods to Dunock before the comm cuts out, then looks between Science and Engineering:: SCI/ENG: What've you managed to glean from the data so far?

 

<@Relar> ::watches TAC wearily, says nothing::

TacCdtDarloch:

*CO*:Tac to bridge our guest has arrived in good shape just a few aches and straines

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::taps his comm badge:: *TAC*: Understood, thank you Cadet. Lieutenant V'Lor will be joining you shortly.

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::looks to the science officer::

 

SCICdtshHruvek:

::glances at sh'Tolar:: CO: It's interesting--a lot of information on solar studies. We've got some data on solar winds...coronal mass ejections...solar regeneration?

 

XOLtVlor:

::V'lor enters the Brig to check on the prisoner and Darloch. This is the start of a long annd dangerous trip for the USS Bremen:: TAC: Mr. Darloch how is our Prisoner?

 

SCICdtshHruvek:

CO: The only reason it seems like any of it was being kept hushed--so far, sir--is just because the studies are still in progress and aren't fit to be published yet. We'll still need some time to sort through it all.

 

TacCdtDarloch:

XO: other than a few aches and straines all appears healthy for a 25-30 year old

<@Relar> ::spots XO and looks her up and down, judging her in a blink of his eyes. Stands still, hands behind his back, lips closed.::

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

CO: There's some hypotheses about manipulating stellar matter; stabilization, destabilization, that kind of thing. They're a long way off from proving anything. It looks like they were just about to get started.

 

TacCdtDarloch:

XO: i wanted to wait untill you arrived before we got to the indepth biometric scans from the med lab

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::nods slowly, most of it going over his head:: SCI/ENG: I see. It doesn't seem very...well....interesting. Keep digging, see if we can find something to hand off to the Starbase.

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::sits back in his chair again:: aNAV: Set course for Starbase Sixteen and engage at Warp 8.

 

TacCdtDarloch:

:Nods at the medical personel to get them to start their work

 

XOLtVlor:

TAC: Proceed, Mr. Darloch

 

<@Relar> <aNAV Bleet> ::turns in his seat, happy to be back:: CO: Aye aye Captain!

ENGEnsshTolar:

::thinks stellar manipulation is a pretty interesting concept, though she doesn't know much about the mechanics that might be involved:: SCI/CO: Do you think this has anything to do with what happened to Romulus?

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::sighs in annoyance at Bleet's upbeat attitude::

 

<@Relar> ACTION: The Bremen shoots off into space, in the direction of SB16.

 

XOLtVlor:

::she looks up and down the Romulan saying dryly with a since one woudl think was humlor: Prisoner: Welcome aboard. I hope our Brig suffices..

 

<@Relar> ACTION: Medical Personnel step forward and run some scans on the prisoner.

 

SCICdtshHruvek:

ENG: It might make sense that a wayward Romulan would be interested in this. But there doesn't seem like there's a lot he could do with it, not by himself, and not without more hard data.

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

ENG: It's possible, although that star isn't dead, it's gone. Unless there's something in there about making new stars...

 

TacCdtDarloch:

:starts taking detailed notes on our guest for any changes in personality or actions during the initial procedings

 

SCICdtshHruvek:

CO: We'll dig through it, sir. There's a lot to cover here.

 

<@Relar> XO/TAC: I expect neither of you are in charge...

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::shrugs some, not sure she should say any of this:: CO: Well... after seeing the damage it did, maybe some Romulans decided being able to destabilize a star was an effective weapon...

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::nods:: SCI/ENG: I have full faith in both of you. Keep my informed.

 

TacCdtDarloch:

:continues to detail ignoring the guest

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::shudders just slightly at sh'Tolar's response:: ENG: Nobody could be that sick. Not even a Romulan...

 

XOLtVlor:

:looks at the Prisoner:: Prisoner: I am the Executive Officer.

<@Relar> ::ignores the medical personnel scanning him through the forcefield::

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

<Move that second line before my first>

 

<@Relar> XO: That's what I just said... I will speak to you Captain. ::nods at XO in dismissal::

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::jumps a little as her console beeps an alarm:: CO: Sir, we've got a microfracture in the starboard nacelle.

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::frowns:: ENG: A microfracture? Increase power to the structrual integrity fields in that area and get a damage control team to run a full diagnostic.

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::frowns some:: CO: Yes, sir. ::increased the field in the area, and orders a team to look into it:: I'll keep an eye on it.

 

XOLtVlor:

::Eyebrow at annoyance at the Romulan:: Prisoner: You are a prisoner. You do not make demands of this vessel. Now I may pass on the request but not without reason.

 

SCICdtshHruvek:

::her antennae raise in alarm, double checks her own scans--no Romulans...yet...::

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

ENG: Please do. Have the damage control sensors checked, just in case it's a glitch. It seems odd this happening just as we get a hold of our prisoner...::turns to the Science console:: SCI: Anything showing up on the tachyon sweeps?

 

SCICdtshHruvek:

CO: No sir, no Romulan ships within range. Still, that's...unsettling timing.

 

<@Relar> XO: It is not a demand. It is a statement of fact. I will speak to your Captain... now.

COCmdrGriffiths:

::nods slightly, keeping the concern off his face:: SCI: Too unsettling.

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

CO/SCI: Could be related to the maintenance; worker bee bumped it, or something. ::doesn't think that's true, but still...::

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::sighs:: CO: Now we've got one in the main hull, aft... I think we should drop out of warp, run a diagnostic on the integrity field, and our warp drive.

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::frowns deeply:: ENG: I don't like this one bit. See if you can narrow is down, and get me those results on the damage control sensors. ::turns back to the conn:: aNAV: Take us out of warp, Mister Bleet.

 

XOLtVlor:

::she looks at the Prisoner:: XO: It is not a statement of fact. It is an order. A statement of fact is something that is stated, esp. a formal prepared announcement . Now if you want to see the Captain what is the reason? I then will pass it on.

 

<@Relar> ::sighs with pity:: XO: I want to see the Captain because I don't like you.

TacCdtDarloch:

:: finds it hard but contains a chuckle knowing this battle of wills is going on

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::orders diagnostics of the damage control system, structural integrity field, and warp drive, as well as manual confirmations of fractures::

 

<@Relar> <aNAV_Bleet> CO: On the double sir, aiy!

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

SCI: Go to full active scanning, Cadet. I want to know of everything at least three lightyears out, cloaked or not.

 

XOLtVlor:

::V'lor smirks at that:: TAC: Darloch I think our prisoner is trying to be a comedian.

 

SCICdtshHruvek:

CO: Aye. ::runs the scans. all of the scans. every scan. captain's not the only one who wants to know if there's even a speck of cosmic dust out there::

 

XOLtVlor:

Prisoner: And whom would be making this rather outrageous reasoning to my Captain? That you do not want to talk to the XO because you do not like her.

 

TacCdtDarloch:

XO: i find very few famous commedians being romulan but i guess it is always possable

 

 

<<<Pause Mission>>>

 

 

Copyright 2014 Star Trek: Engage


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage