U.S.S. Bremen - 11509.24, Mission #73

"Wolf"


USS Bremen - Stardate 11509.24 - Mission # 73

<GM_Aoibhe>

Wolf, Part 04



Summary: The Bremen's repairs have been completed, despite Tony's magnificent hangover.

The Captain's Yacht has carried on without the Bremen, and is now 30 minutes out from Organia with Taemin Suder, Sumner, Jameson and sh'Hruvek on board.



<GD_Aoibhe>

<<<Resume>>>



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

@*CSO*: Ms. sh'Hruvek, could you come to my quarters, please?



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

::sits low in the center chair on the Bridge, fighting to keep his lunch down:: TAC: Chief, hail the Yacht and inform them that repairs are finally, complete.



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek>

@::pauses in her brushing and re-braiding of her hair (to look particularly nice, after all!) and leaves it down:: *CO*: Acknowledged.



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek>

@::not that it's a long walk to the captain's quarters, she hits the chime, smoothing out her dress uniform::



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

@::sighs heavily to herself, laying face down on her bed:: CSO: Come in.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Looks up from his console, which is still running every diagnostic it could think of:: CEO: Aye ::opens a channel with a few taps:: *Yacht* Bremen to it's yacht, come in.



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

::lets himself slide further down in the seat and momentarily closes his eyes::



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek>

@::enters and--uh:: CO: Are you...all right?



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

@::is conspicuously -not- in her dress whites, instead in some mean-looking leather getup with asymmetric boots and fishnets; she holds up a hand with a piece of lace in it:: CSO: I broke the corset tie...



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek>

@CO: That's...unfortunate... ::fidget:: Weren't we supposed to be in our whites for the whole mission, ma'am?



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

::opens his eyes as nothing happens:: TAC: Chief? Please tell me we didn't just lose the yacht.



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

SCI: Ensign...Horanda, please confirm location of Yacht.



<Taemin_Suder>

@ ::steps onto the tiny bridge of the yacht, sees only Bleet present. Shrugs and sits down in the CO's seat::



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

@::pushes herself up and slips from the bed, holding the corset on with one arm:: CSO: Friggin' hate those things... anyway, we're dealing with Klingons. They'll appreciate some lack of protocol. ::offers the piece of lace:: Could you help me out here?



<SCI_Ens_Horanda>

CEO: She's about 30 minutes from Organia.



<Taemin_Suder>

@::notices the incoming hail:: Bleet: Are you even awake? ::opens the channel:: *Bremen*: This is the Captain's Yacht...



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

SCI: Thanks...keep a lock on her.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::blinks and re-taps the hailing button:: CEO: Well, we're not getting anything back... ::frowns as it light up green:: CEO: Ah, here they are for ya..



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

::leans forward, his head spinning:: aNAV: You, pilot. Set a course for Organia and engage.



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek>

@CO: I guess that's sound enough logic. Now you're going to make the rest of us look out of place. ::takes up the lace and squints:: Are you sure this is going to stay in place?



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

@::smirks lightly:: CSO: Are you calling me fat, Lieutenant?



<Taemin_Suder> <aNAV_Potter>

CEO: Yessir!



<Taemin_Suder>

@ ::sits in the Captain's seat, leaning to one side, looking like she was born to command a small, snappy vessel:: *Bremen*: You rang, Bremen...?



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek>

@CO: N-no ma'am! Just, uh, tell me when it's tight enough? ::tries to get her re-laced up::



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

::hears Taemin's voice and grinds his teeth, knowing that if the Cap'n still went through with this charade, that so should he....for now::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

*Yacht* Harlan here, just calling to inform you we've regained mobility.



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

@::runs a hand over a freshly-shaven part of her head:: CSO: It would be nice if Starfleet would give us all the details of these kinds of missions. But no, spring a doppelganger on us, like we're not gonna figure it out...



<Taemin_Suder>

@ ::nods to herself:: *Bremen*: Glad to hear it, Bremen. We'll delay til you reach us. Make a bigger show of force with a starship than with this little matchbox. ::nods to Bleet to slow to impulse::



ACTION: The Yacht drops out of warp



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek>

@::tugging at it hoping it doesn't break again:: CO: Apparently Captain Suder was ::grunt:: particularly important to this whole Organia crisis. Maybe they thought it wouldn't matter. Knew you'd have to keep going despite the information.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Glances at Tony and lower his voice volume:: CEO: Now she's giving orders, too? ::shakes his head::



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

@::wiggles slightly to test the corset:: CSO: That's good, I think... and yeah. Starfleet is worried about a potential Klingon incursion. They feel that 'Kesh' is key to preventing one. ::tugs lightly at the outfit in various places, then jumps a couple times:: Thank you, Raqiin. ::turns to face her Lieutenant::



ACTION: Klaxons suddenly erupt into that old refrain "Red Alert".



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek>

@::is about to make another comment about the captain's ever not-so-regulation choice of appearances, but then she glances up at the alarm:: CO: Already? They don't even wait for us to land first?



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

@::looks up and frowns, tapping her combadge:: *Y-Bridge*: What the hell, Bleet?



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

@::motions for Raqiin to follow and she makes her way towards the bridge::



<Taemin_Suder> @<aNAV_Bleet>

*CO*: Klingons! On the... port bow! And the starboard bow! Decloaking! Aaargh!



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

@::frowns:: *Bleet*: Are they attacking, or just decloaking? We -are- near a Klingon world...



ACTION: The yacht shudders as a tractor beam is locked onto them.



<Taemin_Suder> @<aNAV_Bleet>

*CO*: ...er...



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

@::steadies herself:: Self: Alright, then... ::steps onto the bridge:: Bleet: Hail them.



<SCI_Ens_Horanda>

CEO: Sir, sensors are showing that a few Klingon ships that have just decloaked around the Yacht.



<Taemin_Suder>

@ ::stands up:: *CO*:This was not part of the plan, Captain. Get up here now! ::opens a channel to the Bremen:: *Bremen*: Suder to Bremen... mayday... mayday...



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

@Bridge: Everyone relax! ::shoos Suder from her chair and snaps at Bleet:: aNAV: Hailing frequencies, Hans.



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

::stands up:: TAC: Hail the Klingons. Tell them to stand down.



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

@::sits and tries her best to look imperious::



<Taemin_Suder> @ <aNAV_Bleet>

CO: Hands? ::looks totally confused::



<SCI_Ens_Horanda>

CEO: The Yacht is being pulled towards the Klingon ships.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Nods and tries to contact the Klingon wessils::



<Taemin_Suder>

@ ::stands up and lets CO take over::



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

@::sighs and uses her arm console to hail the Klingons::



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

@*Klingons*: This is Captain Sumner of the USS Bremen, carrying a diplomatic attache to Organia. Explain yourselves.



<Taemin_Suder> <Klingon Cruiser D'torCh'a>

*Yacht*: Surrender your vessel and we will treat you fairly... ::tone is mocking::



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

@::frowns and looks to Taemin:: Taemin: I don't suppose you have any tricks up your sleeves for this...



ACTION: The Bremen does not receive a return hail from the D'torCh'a.



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

aNAV: Full speed ahead, catch up with the Klingons.



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek>

@::sits herself somewhere in case the whole thing starts rocking:: CO: Did they not get the memo we were coming?



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

TAC: Red alert.



<Taemin_Suder>

@::folds her arms and frowns:: CO: This is your univ- ball game, not mine.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

CEO: Can't get through, but the yacht appears to have a line to them now. Trying to patch in, but there's some energy interference. ::taps some more:: Don't think it's shots, though..



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Looks up:: CEO: Right. ::hits red on his panel::



<Taemin_Suder>

<aNAV_Potter>CEO: We'll be there in half an hour, sir... tops. ::sets course and engages without waiting for the order::



ACTION: Bremen sweeps off into the night faster than a dog on fire.



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

@::huffs lightly, looking down at her corset:: Self: Tried to look nice for these people... fine... ::looks to Raqiin:: CSO: Let the Bremen know we're being captured. ::Stands:: All: Everyone disarm. We're not going to fight them off.



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

aNAV: Not good enough, to hell with the safeties. I know what she can take. Maximum warp.



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

*Yacht*: Adalberto to Captain Sumner, we are on our way. Can you give us a report?



ACTION: The Yacht is pulled into the D'torCh'a... a name, btw, I am already regretting... and disappears from view as it is swallowed up by the ship's cargo bay doors.



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

TAC: Hail the Klingons again! Tell them that this is an act of war and we will be forced to respond in kind.



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

Self: Fucking waffleheads.



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek>

@CO: Maybe they'll appreciate the effort you put in. ::leans over to the comm:: *Bremen*: Looks like the Klingons are giving us a very personal hello by capturing us. They aren't shooting us out of the sky, at least.



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

*CSO*: We're on our way Raq, twenty minutes. Give them hell.



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

@All: Tell them our mission, your name, rank, and serial; nothing more.



<Taemin_Suder> <aNAV_Potter>

CEO: Yes sir.. though, I- ::thinks better of protesting, bends over his console and gets to work instead::



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

SCI: Ensign, inform Starfleet Command of what has happened here!



ACTION: The Bremen starts to make that all-too-familiar high-warp rumbling noise again.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

CEO: On it.. ::hails again:: *D'torCh'a* This is the federation starship USS Bremen, we demand you respond to our hail!



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

*ME*: Engineering, this is the Bridge. We need the reserves, make sure she holds it together or heads will roll.



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek>

*CEO*: Don't you mean give them Gre'thor?



ACTION: A rather dashing looking middle-aged Klingon appears on the Bremen's main viewer.



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

*CSO*: They might like that.



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

::adjusts his uniform as the Klingon appears and takes a step forward:: *Klingon*: This is Lie----This is Commander Adalberto of the Federation Starship Bremen. I demand that you let our people go immediately and explain yourself.



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

@::gives a smouldering frown, opening the hail once more:: *Klingons*: Klingon vessel, we surrender. We are unarmed.



<SCI_Ens_Horanda>

::sends distress alert to Starfleet::



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

@::looks to Taemin:: Suder: Go inform the diplomats. Make sure they're unharmed.



<Taemin_Suder> <K'Tor>

*Bremen*: You have altered the details of the arrangement! You thought we would not notice your attempt to sneak a small ship into Organian space, right under our noses? The Federation has become as stupid as it has bloated! ::laughs::



<Taemin_Suder>

@::nods:: CO: This has not started well, Captain... see that you get it under control immediately. ::steps off the bridge::



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

::growls:: *K'Tor*: Use your brain, Klingon. If we had attempted to sneak in, would we not have used a less overt vessel? The Bremen was experiencing engine difficulties and to keep the deadline the Captain and her delegation boarded the smaller vessel to proceed to Organia.



ACTION: The yacht touches down in the cargobay with a gentle thump.



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek>

@::huffs a sigh to try and cover for her nerves:: Aloud: And I didn't get to finish my hair... CO: Given that this is HER mission, you'd think she might be a little more invested in trying to help.



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

@::sighs some:: CSO: I don't think she's exactly a willing participant.



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

*K'Tor*: I think the Klingon High Command would be very interested in hearing you started an interstellar war by attacking a defenceless delegation. Should I call them ?



<Taemin_Suder> <K'Tor>

*CEO*: A likely story! The details of our agreement were very specific, human. You altered them without informing us... you insult us. Your crew will pay for this dishonour. Perhaps next time.. ::steps close to the screen:: *CEO*: The federation will behave in a more fitting manner... ::closes the comm::



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

TAC: I want his superiors, now!



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

aNAV: ETA?



<Taemin_Suder> <aNAV_Potter>

CEO: Three minutes... twenty seconds, sir.



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

@::makes to leave the bridge:: All: Let's go meet our hosts, then. ::heads for the airlock::



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

TAC: Arm photon torpedoes, and bring out our new phaser turret. Let them see our teeth.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Was running a full readiness check on the torp tubes and phaser banks:: CEO: Q'onos? Sure. ::looks for the appropriate number to dial to get to the high command::



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

SCI: Ensign, try and get a lock on the delegation when we drop out of warp.



ACTION: The yacht door begins to reverberate with loud banging, as the Klingons, impatient for the occupants to emerge, start to bash their way in instead.



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek>

@::tries to still her fiddling hands at her sides and follows dutifully::



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

@::gives an annoyed huff at the banging and opens the doors:: Klingons: Rude.



ACTION: The D'torCh'a cloaks.



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

::turns to Horanda:: SCI: Ensign....see if you can get me the Organian delegation.



<SCI_Ens_Horanda>

CEO: On it.



ACTION: The assembled Klingons each look meaner than the last. A group of about twenty have assembled with bat'leths and disruptors at the ready. One of the group steps forward and looks over CO's outfit. He walks behind her, then returns to his place in front of his soldiers.



<Taemin_Suder>

@<K'Tor>

CO: Is this meant to be funny? ::chuckles in that smarmy way only Klingons seem to be able to do::



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

@::glowers:: Head Klingon: Explain this treachery. What kind of p'takh attacks a small transport vessel?



ACTION: Harlan reaches an official in a support position in the Klingon High Counsil who has no time for him. The comm is cut within seconds.



<SCI_Ens_Horanda>

::Sends subspace hails to the Organian delegation::



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

aNAV: Where's that ship?



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

*Q'onos* This is the federation starship USS Bre... Self: What the.. ::frowns:: CEO: Those bastards just cut me off!



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

TAC: Again!



<Taemin_Suder> @<K'Tor>

::laughs, steps up to CO and looks down at her from his great height:: CO: You have much to learn about Klingon diplomacy, Captain. ::suddenly reaches out a hand and wraps it around her neck, pushing her forcefully back against the yacht's outer hull:: CO: You mock us with your... fancy... dress and your badly-pronounced Klingon.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Hits the comm again, on multiple channels:: Q'onos: This is the USS Bremen. Your captain K'Tor of the D'torCh'a is violating our peace agreements. We demand you respond!



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

::turns to face Harlan:: TAC: Tell them he is a coward and a disgrace to the Klingon race.



<Taemin_Suder> <aNAV_Potter>

CEO: It cloaked, sir! Trying to track it now!



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek>

@CO: Captain!



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::with a faint smile:: CEO: Aye. ::adds that to the comm, with pleasure::



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

aNAV: Drop us out of warp where it was last reported and start scanning for cloaked vessels.



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

@::grabs the Klingon's arm and narrows her eyes:: K'Tor: It wasn't... meant... to be... flattering... ::throws a stiff kick at the Klingon's groin region::



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

TAC: That might ruffle some feathers.



<Taemin_Suder> <aNAV_Potter>

CEO: Dropping to impulse in three... two... one.



ACTION: The Bremen slows to a stop at the last known location of the yacht.



<SCI_Ens_Horanda>

::scans the space for any trace of the ships, not hoping for much since they’re cloaked::



<Taemin_Suder> @<K'Tor>

::twists at the last second, but lets go of the CO's throat. Laughs and slaps her on the shoulder hard, sending her tumbling a little:: CO: You may learn yet, Captain.



ACTION: The delegates, Suder included, step off the yacht, ushered forward by one of the Klingons.



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek>

@::makes mental note to self: brush up on Klingon etiquette::



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

@::rolls her shoulder lightly, looking defiant still:: K'tor: We have come under a flag of peace. On what grounds have you captured us?



<Taemin_Suder> @ <K'Tor>

CO: We agreed to accept the Bremen... no other vessels, and yet... ::gestures towards the yacht, spots the delegates and his expression changes::



<SCI_Ens_Horanda>

CEO: Sir, it's not much but I was able to find a warp trail vector. It's headed towards Organia.



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

SCI: Good job Ensign!



<SCI_Ens_Horanda>

CEO: They haven't answered my hails yet, either.



<Taemin_Suder> @<K'Tor>

Suder:... Kesh?



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

aNAV: Pursuit course.



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

TAC: Chief, open hailing quarters. All languages all channels.



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

@::looks between Taemin and K'tor, giving a glance to sh'Hruvek, and letting Suder have a go at saving their hides::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Presses his panel:: CEO: 'kay, they're open.



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

*K'Tor*: A saber bear attacking a Tak and then goes into hiding against a lone Starfleet vessel? You are a coward.



<Taemin_Suder>

@ ::steps off the yacht slowly:: K'Tor: You've aged... ::steps over to him:: K'Tor: But the grey hair suits you...



<<<Pause Mission>>>




Ā© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage