U.S.S. Bremen - 11509.17, Mission #72

"Wolf"


USS Bremen - Stardate 11509.17 - Mission # 72

<GM_Aoibhe>

Wolf, Part 03



Summary: The Bremen is broken again. Cadet Jackson's attempt to make the ship better has resulted in the exact opposite happening. How ironic, eh? Oh, and there are questions regarding Kesh's story, so she's landed in the brig.



<<<Resume>>>



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

::steps into the brig, sighing softly as she runs a hand through her hair, making her way to one of the two occupied cells, the one with the blonde::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::sits at the Engineering station on the Bridge, ignoring the empty Big chair while focusing on getting the Bremen back to working order....seems like every week he had to pull a miracle out of his ass but this time....they were wounded::



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Stands at Tac, questioning Kesh's story to herself::



<Kesh_Suder>

::stares out at CO, her arms folded as she leans against the righthand bulkhead.::



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Shakes her head a little as she looks down at the console, wishing she was allowed in the brig, rather than sourcing supplies for the yacht and the diplomatic core::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::runs a hand through his new beard, more a sign of the times than a fashion statement:: SCI: Hey....you. Can you give me a hand?



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

::takes a deep breath and releases it as a sigh:: Kesh: I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you're the other one; Taemin. Is that right?



<SCI_Cadet_Horanda>

CEO: ::laughs a little at the fact he doesn't know her name still:: Yes! What would you like from me?



<Kesh_Suder> <ENG_Mac>

::rummages around in back of a bulkhead, her arse and legs visible.:: *CEO*: It's like he did... ::grunts:: *CEO*: Everything he could to.. ::heaves:: *CEO*: screw us up... agh! ::stumbles backwards into ME with a melted plasma relay:: *CEO*: I'm using this one as a lamp stand... ::admires the mess in her hand::



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek>

::tries to not let her worries for the captain distract her, stepping onto the bridge:: SCI: Oh, there you are. If I could have a moment of your time? Just a moment, really.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

SCI: I need someone to run a stress test on our bio-neural gel pack subsystem....I'm thinking of transferring warp core control there.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CSO: I need your girl for something Raq.



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Looks down for a moment, smiling as the New Girl is being pulled between the CEO and her department chief, before getting back on with replying to queries from the Klingons::



<Kesh_Suder>

CO: This mission is more important than your petty paranoia, Sara. Release me from here before news of this.. mistake... travels around your ship.



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek>

::smiles a little:: CEO: Literally two seconds, then. SCI: With as little ceremony as possible, catch. ::tosses Horanda a pip:: Welcome to being an ensign, Ensign.



<SCI_Cadet_Horanda>

::she catches the pip and stares at it, color running to her cheeks:: CSO: I...thank you sir.



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

::wore a somewhat rueful smile:: Kesh: I'm going to. I spent about 20 minutes trying to figure out why you come here voluntarily, why you would risk detection by exposing yourself to her old crew, and I realized you wouldn't. Everything you told me about the mission was true, except for who you are.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::turns his chair around and claps his hands:: SCI: Well done....Ensign!



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek>

SCI: Now back to work before the ship breaks more. ::laughs to herself::



<Kesh_Suder>

::looks at CO, a hint of surprise making it through her stoic expression:: CO: I am Kesh Suder...



<SCI_Ens_Horanda>

:: delight full in her chest, she moves off to her station to run a the stress test::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

SCI: Looks good on you kid. ::thinks anything looks good on her as he turns his chair back to the workstation and opens the comm::



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

::shakes her head somewhat:: Kesh: Not in this universe. Our Kesh Suder died, and our scans show that you're not her. Not exactly. ::steps up to the panel by the cell and lowers the force-field:: You're on a short leash, but the mission is important. So, get to the yacht.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*ME*: Engineering, prepare a full system's dump. I am transferring engineering controls to another....subsystem, maybe.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::brings up the repair reports on his station and skims through the report from Oleg::



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek>

::allows herself to feel proud of her little underling as she pops back into the lift. she's got a yacht to catch, after all::



<Kesh_Suder>

::hesitates, then steps out of the cell. Steps alongside CO, standing off to her side, turns her head to look at her:: CO: It is vital that you see, act and think of me as Kesh... I am Kesh Suder. Believe it, or this mission will fail. Understood?



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Is starting to feel exhausted, but not physically. And then realises her rendezvous had only been a few nights ago. How much had happened...::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::checks his personal comms once more, worried that Nia still hasn't replied to his messages::



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

::looked over to Taemin, giving a small nod of understanding:: Kesh: Technically speaking, it's the truth. ::motions for her to take the lead::



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Does a final check on her plans, and gives a tired nod:: CEO: Tony, I'm heading to the yacht. Have fun being in charge. ::Throws him a small smile as she enters the turbolift::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CTO: Oh yeah....not like I have anything else to do, eh?



<Kesh_Suder>

CO: Exactly... ::examines CO's face, her eyes focussing for a moment on her mouth:: CO:...technically... ::turns and steps out of the Brig, straightening her uniform, and making sure her hair is perfectly neat. Walks with a slight swagger::



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Called as the door close in front of her face:: CEO: Not my choice of transport



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Zooms in the direction of the Captain's yacht::



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

::walks after Kesh, taking a brief glance at her practised sway and smirking as she tapped her commbadge:: *CEO*: We're on our way to the yacht, Tony; we should be departing in about five minutes. Try to limit the partying while I'm gone.



<Kesh_Suder> <ENG_Mac>

::hears CEO's comm:: *CEO*: Hang on...! ::a muffled grunt is heard over the comm, then a scratch of metal on metal and a yelp:: *CEO*: OK... say again, boss?



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*CO*: Aye Cap'n. I'll cancel the Orion girls.



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

::laughs softly:: *CEO*: Well, keep one. You don't want it to be -too- boring.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*ENG*: I'm....transferring Engineering control to the bio neural network, and moving all the system from there to the backup isolinear grid....



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::grins at Sumner's comment::



<Kesh_Suder>

::slows to allow CO catch up:: CO: Sara, who aboard is aware of your unfortunate glitch in Sickbay? I'll need to be sure we're all on the same page.



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Arrives at the yacht, and enters the hanger, looking to see who is already there::



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

Kesh: Just the officers who were there. Anya might suspect something; I'll take care of it.



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek>

::brushing at her dress uniform, even though it looks perfectly fine, walking into the hanger. pauses at noticing Jameson there:: CTO: Got the diplomats all squared away?



<Kesh_Suder> <ENG_Mac>

*CEO*: Full passive bio-neural control? You really wanna put that much faith on a bag of goo? ::chuckles:: *CEO*: I'll assign a few bodies to the isolinear grid, just to be sure we don't have had a secondary blow-out there.



<Kesh_Suder>

CO: Tony... isn't aware? ::keeps her face neutral::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*ENG*: You know me, the hoper of far flung hopes.



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

::smirks lightly, leading the way into the hangar:: CTO/CSO: Ladies...



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*ENG*: Oh and tell Oleg I need that plasma relay back up and running in fifteen minutes.



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

CSO: They have all been assigned their quarters, and their questions answered, and the yacht is supplied. Best that can be done at short notice. ::Throws her a smile, which fades as she sees Sara and Kesh::



<Kesh_Suder> <ENG_Mac>

::wriggles her way back into the bulkhead she was working behind:: *CEO*: Yea... that's what the enlisted engineers call you behind your back, sure. ::grins:: *CEO*: Engineering out.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::looks over at the new Ensign:: SCI: How's it going over there, Captain?



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

Kesh: Get settled, Captain. We'll be taking off shortly. ::approaches sh'Hruvek and Jameson, wearing an oddly pleasant smile::



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek>

::...and somehow she just doesn't really care for that smile. tense? no, no, she's not, her antenna are just stretching, that's all:: CO: Still running the mission as planned, ma'am?



<Kesh_Suder>

::is concerned that her question wasn't answered. Goes to sit at a console to the port side of the small yacht's bridge::



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Sometimes wonders if the Captain forgets that she's part betazoid, and that a smile can only hide so much, but still returns the smile, in the same odd fashion::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::glances once more at the Ready room, unsure if he really wants to fetch his 'package'::



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek> <ENG_Dimitriou>

*CEO*: FIFTEEN MINUTES?! Sir, that's not happening. The plasma relays are so shot I might be able to get you a quarter of the way to fixed up in that amount of time. ::clanging in the background::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::chuckles:: *ENG*: You have your orders, comrade.



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

::gives sh'Hruvek a nod:: CSO/CTO: Correct. After some discussion, I've concluded that whatever methods were used to resuscitate Captain Suder are responsible for the unusual readings. She is indeed Kesh Suder, whose presence is vital to this mission's success. ::gives each of them a significant look



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::looks over at Horanda:: SCI: He needs to know what it feels like when the Captain expects too much.



ACTION: the comm from engineering remains open for a moment longer, long enough to hear a voice faintly in the background roaring in time with a hammering noise, "Gee, it'd be nice to have a Chief who actually visited Engineering once in a wh-!"... before cutting out.



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Hadn't been completely sure something was wrong with Suder, but this statement confirms it, and murmurs:: Self: Shit.



<SCI_Ens_Horanda>

CEO: ::gives a short laugh:: The bio-neural gel pack are good and ready for you. It should be able to handle the transfer.



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Forces the smile back onto her face:: CO: Yes Captain, whatever you decide Captain.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

SCI: Thank's kid. ::winks::



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek>

::stiffly:: CO: ...I'll keep the 'unusual readings' to myself.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*ME*: Engineering, prepare the system's dump. I'm transferring all bio-neural subsystems to isolinear. We might see some lights flicker.



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

::nods to each, hoping they understand her meaning:: CTO/CSO: Very well. Let's get underway; we're already behind schedule.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::runs a hand through his messy hair before starting the data dump, then stands up and heads for the Ready room::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

SCI: Hey kid, the Bridge is yours. Call me if the Borg or someone shows up.



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek>

::more crisply than usual moves to enter the yacht::



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Forces herself to be spritely, despite the theories whirring through her head::



<Kesh_Suder> <ENG_Mac>

*CEO*: Ready to recieve your, er... dump, er... sir. ::collapses into a fit of laughter at her own words:: *CEO*: I'm all over your dump... hehe!



<SCI_Ens_Horanda>

::really hopes the Borg don't show up::



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

::follows them into the yacht:: aNAV: Mr. Bleet, let's get this show on the road. Best speed to Organia.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*ENG*: I see Reid has rubbed off on you. ::steps into the ready room and notices the wooden box on the desk:: Mac.....I think I'm being commended for something.



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Takes the seat at Tac, loads something on her console about Organia, and pretends to read::



<Kesh_Suder> <aNAV_Bleet>

CO: Yes, sir, Captain ma'am! ::starts the warm-up sequence:: CO: It's still got that new yacht smell and everything, sir, did you notice?



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::reaches for a handwritten note from Sumner and opens it, it reads 'Congratulations' and a ....smiley face::



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

::laughs softly, taking her seat:: aNAV: Don't ever change, Hans.



<Kesh_Suder> <ENG_Mac>

*CEO*: Commended... But you haven't lost a leg in months!



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::opens the box and notices a shiny medal...the Cochrane....:: Self: She keeps asking for the impossible. ::smiles and pockets the medal, then notices the golden pip hidden underneath::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*ENG*: Mac....



<Kesh_Suder> <ENG_Mac>

*CEO*: What you get...? ::stops working for a moment::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*ENG*: Oh man....I am NOT wearing red!



<Kesh_Suder>

::sits quietly, trying to keep her thoughts calm and neutral::



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek>

::slides herself into a seat, smoothing out her face even if her antenna still read tense. if the mission goes wrong, she's determined not to be the reason it does::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::picks up the pip and just stares at it, then reaches up and removes his half and replaces it::



<Kesh_Suder> <ENG_Mac>

::bangs her head on the top of the bulkhead:: *CEO*: They put you in COMMAND?! NO!



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*ENG*: No.....no. Just....now they might.



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek> <ENG_Dimitriou>

::from the background:: *ENG/CEO*: They WHAT?!



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

*ENG*: Tell Oleg to stop talking and get back to work.



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

::frowns some, looking at the viewscreen:: aNAV: What's our ETA, Mr. Bleet?



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

::reaches into his jacket to retrieve his flask...then stops and fixes his jacket again before moving out of the room:: *ME*: Engineering. Party in my quarters tonight.



<Kesh_Suder> <ENG_Mac>

::chuckles:: *CEO*: Tell him yourself, Commander... ::emphasises his rank::



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

::looks over his shoulder at the ready room before stepping out:: Self: Not for me.



<Kesh_Suder> <aNAV_Bleet>

CO: 18 hours, give or take a bird of prey, sir.



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Finally allows herself to relax a little, appreciating the adrenalin rush that Sumner news had given her::



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

::steps out onto the Bridge and tries to hide his grin:: SCI: REPORT ENSIGN!



<SCI_Ens_Horanda>

CEO: ::jumps a bit:: No Borg, sir!



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

::smiles:: SCI: That's a relief! Now get back to doing whatever you science geeks do.



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

::stands up and looks down at her drab uniform:: All: If anyone needs me, I'll be making myself pretty. ::heads back to her private quarters::



<Kesh_Suder>

::watches CO leave the small bridge, feels her tension rise as she watches CSO and CTO::



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Also realises that she hasn't spoken to Kesh since their drinking session, where she had almost convinced her that they had been close friends. The longest friend she'd had::



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek>

::leans over to Jameson to try and break the tension:: CTO: I don't look washed out in this, do I?



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

SCI: Bring the yacht on sensors will ya?



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

::strips almost immediately upon entering the room, moving to the restroom and looking in the mirror, grabbing the hair-trimmer:: Computer: Computer, show me some Klingon dresses.



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Turns a little in her spinny chair, giving the woman a full assessment:: CSO: No, I don't think so. It brings out a little turquoise, that's all.



<SCI_Ens_Horanda>

::taps a few commands into the station. The Yacht flashes on to the screen::



ACTION: The CO's computer files through a never-ending stream of female Klingon outfits, each one more cleavage-y and spiky than the previous one.



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

::unconsciously plays with his new pip as he watched the viewscreen:: SCI: Thanks kid.



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

::grins to herself as she starts shaving parts of her head::



<Kesh_Suder>

::stands suddenly:: CTO/CSO: I'm, er... going to go eat. ::makes a fast exit::



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

::taps a few keys on the Big chair:: *Yacht*: Bremen to away team. You're looking good from here.



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Watches Suder leave, and turns back to shHruvek:: CSO: Maybe the Captain should have told her to act normal....



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek>

::sighs, still looking between her sleeves and her skin and thinking, hm, yeah, it does bring out the bluer tints:: CTO: I'm sure she'll be back on her game once we've arrived. This has to go smoothly, after all. We wouldn't want any *incidents*...



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

::picks out a few dress ideas as they scroll past::



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

CSO: I'm not sure how much power we have over that. And, to be honest, it's killing me to not be her friend. And I know I shouldn't.



<CEO_Cmdr_Adalberto>

SCI: Let me know when the systems have been transferred over to isolinear.



<SCI_Ens_Horanda>

CEO: ::nods:: Yes sir, commander.



<<<Pause Mission>>>




Ā© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage