U.S.S. Bremen - 11509.10, Mission #71

"Wolf"


USS Bremen - Stardate 11509.10 - Mission # 71

<GM_Aoibhe>

Wolf, Part 02



Summary: The Bremen is en route to Organia, the 6 diplomats and Kesh Suder in tow.



<<<Resume>>>



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Pauses a moment in her quarters, gathering herself together before exiting and making her way to the bridge::



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

::sighs and gives up on Tony showing up, checking the time and tapping her combadge:: *Kesh*: Sumner to Captain Suder. Are you available for a scan, now?



<ENG_Cadet_Jackson>

::Heads to engineering::



<Kesh_Suder>

::nursing a godawful hangover, in bed:: *CO*: Gimme five minutes... ::groans and shuts off the comm::



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

::smirks lightly and heads onto the bridge::



<ENG_Cadet_Jackson>

::starts checking the engines and warpcore until needed on the bridge::



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Tries to make her bleary eyes seem more alive as she stands in the turbolift, zooming towards the bridge::



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

::glances around, the bridge unusually quiet, before looking to sh'Hruvek:: CSO: Shall we go scan us a walking corpse?



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Walks onto the bridge, taking a quick glance around and regretting the speed of it, before manning her station::



<Kesh_Suder>

::pulls on her uniform, having some difficulty with the boots for one bleary moment. Looks at herself in the mirror, frowns at her hair, and decides to pull out her hairclup and let her long, blond curls loose:: *Computer*: Coffee... something sweet. I don't care what.



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek>

CO: ...Well, that's a bit of a gruesome way of putting it, ma'am, but let's.



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

::grins, making her way towards the bridge, nodding to Jameson:: CSO: Do you what Horanda in on this? Might be good experience.



<SCI_Cadet_Horanda>

::perks up from her spot, hopeful::



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Catches the nod, and returns with a far smaller, far gentler one::



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek>

::looks over to SCI, smiling lightly:: CO: I think you're right, ma'am. And what cadet couldn't use a little more experience?



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

::playfully points at Raqiin:: CSO: I'm too tired for a witty response! ::steps into the turbolift::



<Kesh_Suder>

::steps out of her quarters and heads for the turbolift::



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek>

::dutifully follows:: SCI: Let's not keep the captain and former-captain waiting.



<SCI_Cadet_Horanda>

::follows happily, and eager to help::



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Takes a deep breath, and starts catching up on the chatter since she, well, slapped Suder, knowing that certain off ship communications might need to be monitored::



<SCI_Cadet_Horanda>

CSO: Yes sir.



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

::waits for the science ladies to join her:: TL: Sickbay, please.



ACTION: ENG's console lights up with an anti-matter flow regulator malfunction.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::stood at TAC on the bridge, running diagnostics on about anything his panel can see, trying to keep full focus while experiencing some tunnel vision::



ACTION: The Captain's TL stops to let Kesh Suder on several decks below the bridge::



<Kesh_Suder>

::steps into the occupied TL:: ALL: Ladies...



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

::smiles pleasantly:: Kesh: Captain; fancy meeting you here.



<ENG_Cadet_Jackson>

*CO*: Sir the anti-matter flow regulators are malfunctioning



<SCI_Cadet_Horanda>

::smiles uncertainty, last time she was in a room with these people, someone got slapped::



<Kesh_Suder>

::chuckles at CO's comment:: SCI: Come here often? ::smirks::



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

::glances around the lift before tapping her combadge:: *ENG*: Alright. Um... can you fix it?



<ENG_Cadet_Jackson>

*CO*: yes sir I can... :: heads to the console and starts fixing it:



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Cannot stop a yawn escaping, and realises that only one day previously, she hadn't exactly gotten much sleep::



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

*ENG*: Fantastic. ::gives Kesh a knowing look as the TL finally reaches its destination:: Kesh: Late night?



<Kesh_Suder>

CO: Lot of catching up. ::smiles again:: CO: Go easy on your senior staff today, Sara, they may need a little nap.



ACTION: TL opens of Deck... whatever. Sickbay Deck!



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

::laughs softly:: CO: That would explain why my CEO is MIA. ::leads the group towards sickbay::



<ENG_Cadet_Jackson>

::Countinues to work on it and fixs it:: *CO*:it's fixed, and it better then the last time:



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek>

Aloud: Maybe if we have no more dramatic emotional upsets, nobody will find themselves in need of any naps.



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Decides on a better idea than standing at Tac, and takes the XOs chair in the command circle, using the arm console to carry on catching up and tracing tranmissions::



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

CSO: Nonsense. Naps are always necessary. ::walks into Sickbay:: *ENG*: Excellent work, Cadet. By the way, the turbolifts are running a little slow. See if you can get someone to look into that.



ACTION: The mater-anti-mater flow regulator purrs like a hungry leopard, but the extra power being drawn to control its added effectiveness is putting a strain on the plasma conduits running into the warp core. An alarm klaxon goes off on Engineering's bridge console, with reports come up from Main Engineering that conduits are starting to overload!



<ENG_Cadet_Jackson>

*CO*:sir I remodelled the anti-matter flow regulators while I was fixing it. It is way better than before:



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Sees the alarms come up:: Self: Dammit!



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

::rubs her eyes with a sigh, looking to sh'Hruvek:: CSO: I'll let you two get started while I deal with... this... ::moves off to a corner of Sickbay:: *ENG*: Did you get Commander Adalberto's permission, first? He hates it when people change things on his ship. I imagine. I haven't actually discussed the matter with him.



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

*Main Engineering*: Can someone please tell me what is going on down there. Pretty please don't blow the ship up.



<Kesh_Suder>

::sways into Sickbay with her companions, looking around in confusion:: CSO/SCI: Where do you girls want me?



<ENG_Cadet_Jackson>

*CO*: yes sir... :: runs to the turbolifts and looks into it sees the problem:



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek>

Kesh: If you would sit up on a bed, please, we can get started. We'll start with a simple scan and compare your genetic makeup to what we have on record and go from there.



<ENG_Cadet_Jackson>

::fixes the turbolifts and upgrades it as will::



ACTION: The warning klaxons about the overloaded plasma conduits continue to ring as Main Engineering continues to report multiple faults



<Kesh_Suder>

::quirks an eyebrow:: CSO: Sure thing... ::Pulls herself, cat-like onto the biobed::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::blinks a few times as a self check from deck ten comes back red. Apparently the forward torp tube, again...:: Self: Oh well.. ::looks around at the near empty bridge and wonders why the engineering console is blaring so loudly, making his head ache::



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek>

SCI: You bring up her data, I'll get the scan started. ::fusses about with some of the sickbay equipment to get that all set up nice and shiny, trying to be calm and steady as she starts it up::



<SCI_Cadet_Horanda>

::moves to the nearest console, and tries to bring up Suder's information::



<ENG_Cadet_Jackson>

::Starts running around and fixes all of the problems::



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

TAC: Can you go down to Engineering, and try and find out what is going on for me, Harlan? Help out where necessary?



ACTION: With no guidance, Main Engineering can't control the cascade effect caused by the alterations in the matter-anti-matter flow regulator, and the warp plasma relay degrades and shuts down completely, suddenly knocking the ship out of warp.



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Grabs hold of the chair as she feels the ship judder out of warp:: TAC: Actually, can you make that quick? I'll keep trying to contact them from here.



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

::glances up as she feels the ship drop from warp, a feeling she'd never mistake:: *CTO*: Jameson, talk to me.



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

*Main Engineering*: Please give me an update urgently.



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

*CO*: Working on it Captain. ::Taps furiously on her console, trying to find the source of the problems::



<Kesh_Suder> <ENG_Mac>

*CTO*: Eeeeh... Mac to Jameson... we had a sudden drop in power input, sir. It set off as cascade we couldn't get on top of. We're tracing the cause now, but til we do, the warp core has automatically shut down.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

CTO: Yeah, I'd better. ::smiles for a second and heads to the TL:: Got a red light on the forward torp tube as well, I'll check that one afterwards..



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

*CTO*: Generally not a satisfactory answer, but we'll go with it. You kicking ME's ass?



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

*Mac*: As soon as you have an ETA, can you let me know. Captain Sumner will want to know, and the Klingon's undoubtably will too.



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

*CO*: As far as my foot will currently reach, but I've sent Harlan down to assist.



<ENG_Cadet_Jackson>

*CTO*: I am fixing it all the new upgrades are causing it to happen, so I am getting everything to work with the upgrades:



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

*ENG*: Were the upgrades approved prior to them being implemented?



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

::runs a hand through her pixie-cut hair, sighing as she returned to the biobed:: Kesh: So... we may end up being a little late.



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

*ENG*: If they weren't, remove the upgrades for now, so that the ship can run without overloading, and we will take a look at your suggestions and how they impact. We may be able to still use the ideas.



<SCI_Cadet_Horanda>

CSO: Sir, I have the initial scan info. Everything seems to be in order.



<Kesh_Suder>

::sits up on the biobed:: CO: No. no, no... no, Sara. That's not good enough. What's the delay?



<ENG_Cadet_Jackson>

*CTO*:sir I did it out of my own free will to have the crew be happy with me and to be grateful.



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

*ENG*: I understand the good intention, but that isn't how Starfleet like their ships changed without authorisation



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

::frowns:: Kesh: Somebody down in ME messed up, sounds like; we've lost warp, I don't know for how long.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Steps onto main engineering as the TL stops there, then steps over to whoever seems to be coordinating all the peoplee running around hurridly:: Mac: Hi there.. ::nods at the core:: 'sup?



<ENG_Cadet_Jackson>

*CTO*: It's all working now sir, trust me



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek>

SCI: Hm. A promising start. For the sake of peace of mind, I'll take a blood sample, and we'll adjust scans to look for any known indicators of cloning technology. I'd also like to run a separate scan looking into if she might be from an alternate universe. If you'll look for signs of cloning, I'll set up the second.



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

*ENG* We have already lost too much time on our route. Get the ship back up and running to warp. That is our priority. Then your upgrades can be discussed.



<SCI_Cadet_Horanda>

CSO: ::nods:: Got it.



<Kesh_Suder>

::goes to get off the bed:: CO: I need to tell the others. This will cause... ripples... we can't allow ourselves to be late, Captain. This si too important. ::pauyses and thinks for a moment:: CO: YOu have a Captain's yacht, don't you? We'll need it.



<ENG_Cadet_Jackson>

*CTO*: Sir everything is up and running now perfectly:



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek>

::reaches over for the not-so-dead woman:: Kesh: Ma'am, please, if you could just stay on the bed, we'll get there when we get there...



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

::frowns some at the thought:: Kesh: It's an option. We'll assess the damage and see if we can't make up the time. If we can't, we'll take a limited crew on the yacht.



<Kesh_Suder> <ENG_Mac>

TAC: Hey. ::smiles through the clouds of steam:: TAC: So... we had a sudden power drain, seems to have originated on the... ::steps over a fellow engineer working on a floor unit:: TAC: Matter-anti0-matter flow regulator, or somewhere on that wall, anyway... we're working on it. Wanna muck in? ::holds out a hyperspanner::



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Takes a look at her console, and raises an eyebrow:: *ENG* Is my console not working, as it is showing we are not at warp Cadet. Please work with Mac and Harlan to get the ship running again, as soon as possible.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Shrugs only his left shoulder and takes the spanner:: Mac: Yeah, sure. I'll see what i can do there. ::goes to check the little red lights on the console nearest to that wall::



<Kesh_Suder>

::ears perk up at CSO speaks:: CSO: Only cause you asked nicely...::slides back onto the bed::



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

::taps her combadge:: *CTO*: Anya, I need an ETA on warp. If it's gonna take a while, we're gonna move over to the yacht; our mission to Organia is highly time-sensitive.



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

*ENG* Please work with Harlan, as my console shows the warp drive is powered down due to multiple cascade failures.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Frowns as he sees several indicators in alert, all around the same coolant valve, which keeps returning an 'unidentified" ID:: Self: Odd... Mac: Hey, did someone replace that valve up there recently? ::points at where it sits::



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek>

::smiles, patting Suder's hand:: Kesh: We'll try to do this as quickly as possible, but if we might be sitting here a bit, it'll at least pass the time.



<Kesh_Suder> <ENG_Mac>

TAC: Errr, it wasn't on the manifest... ::looks confused:: TAC: Fresh replacements are in that unit over there.. ::nod to a lockbox on the wall that's currently open::



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

Self: Oh for fuck's sake... ::walks out of Sickbay, heading for the bridge to try and get a handle on this catastrophe::



ACTION: The warp core is NOT powered up... because there is a lot of repair work to do first.



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

*CO* Take the Yacht Captain. This isn't going to be fixed anytime soon.



<Kesh_Suder>

::looks down at CSOs hand on hers:: CSO: Steady on, lass. ::chuckles::



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

*CO* I haven't even received an ETA from engineering, and you know what that suggests...



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

::stops short just outside the door:: *CTO*: Right... ::turns and goes back in:: Kesh: Looks like we're taking the yacht.



<Kesh_Suder>

::smiles::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::checks the spare parts catalog and sighs as he sees the replacement valves were stowed way in the back of the hold:: Mac: Well, i'm off to get a spare valve. Might take a while to.. unearth it...



<SCI_Cadet_Horanda>

CSO: Uh, sir? I have something you'd might want to look at.



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek>

::takes her hand away and glances at the results of the latest round of scans...and frowns:: SCI: I see...



<Kesh_Suder>

::shifts off the biobed:: CO: Let's go, then. No time to waste...



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

*TAC*: Do we have an ETA yet? Captain is going to give the Yacht to the diplomats



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

::Frowns lightly, holding a hand up to Kesh, looking to sh'Hruvek:: CSO: What have you got?



<SCI_Cadet_Horanda>

CO: ::she shows the scan to her superior, the quantum shift, so slight it was hardly picked up.::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Taps his badge as he walks into the parts hold:: *CTO* Err, not really.. Got to replace a few things before we can power the core. It's fine itself, but faults cascaded throughout the whole antimatter feed an coolant lines. I'm trying to sift out a spare valve now..



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

TAC: Okay, just try and not blow us up. That's how Suder died that last time....



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

::frowns some:: SCI: What does this mean?



<Kesh_Suder>

::looks nervous::



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek>

CO/Kesh: Our good friend tachyons. And a subtle quantum shift. I'll do a little research to be certain, but...it suggests being from outside our known universe, or the timeline that we know of, at least.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Frowns as he shoves a few crates aside:: *CTO* Yeah.. ::sounding strained from moving the heave gear:: can't have that happen again, eh...



<CSO_Lt_shHruvek>

::looks to Kesh:: Kesh: You were aware of this, I take it? ::from how nervous she's been this whole time::



<CO_Capt_Sumner>

::frowns, looking to 'Kesh' and tapping her combadge:: *CTO*: Anya, send security to Sickbay.



<CTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

*TAC*: If she has to be resurrected one more time, we will have to start nicknaming her the Zombie



<Kesh_Suder>

<<<Pause Mission>>>




Ā© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage