U.S.S. Atlantis - 11509.16, Mission #1062

"Bare Bones, Faux Homes"


 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::pushes the PADDs around on his desk, letting out a quiet sigh before clicking on the comm system:: *Sickbay*: Ensign Slade, please report to my office. ::closes the comm and sits back in his chair:: Self: Prophets, I hate this part of the job.

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

:: in their quarters on the Vinland, packing a small bag ::

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

:: puts the essentials in: a box of cigars, a bottle of whisky ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

::  gathering a few necessities in a bag and debating whether or not to take this photo with her... well, it's framed well, so it will hopefully stay intact. She puts it in the bag and zips it shut ::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Walks out of the surgical bay and into the CMO office:: CMO: Reporting as ordered Commander

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: In his quarters, packing a light duffel bag for the brief mission.  Dreading the state his quarters will be in when he gets back, knowing how his roommate is. ::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::gestures to the seat on the opposite side of the desk:: MED: Take a seat, Ensign.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Sits in the offered chair::

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

:: packs a small bag as well, in companionable and thoughtful silence near Ian ::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::pushes one of the PADDs over to that side of the desk, keeping his fingers on it to stop Tyler from taking it just yet:: MED: Ensign, can you go through the standard physical procedure as laid out by the Starfleet Medical handbook?

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

:: grabs a new book off the shelf since he finished the last on on Risa, packs that ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Floating through the corridor with a youthful skip in his step, with the orders to report to the Odyssey. He had a small bag with him containing some of his tools, a bottle of ale and his pipe. He couldn't wait to see what things Odyssey would whisper to him.::

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

:: passes Ian and peeks into his box, raising an eyebrow. She should know by now, their ideas of "necessities" differs greatly ::

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Hey, I took a book.

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

:: shoulders the bag ::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

CMO: Sir, I am aware of the procedure for a physical. The admiral was here, and he is notorious for dodging his physicals. I did an abreviated version yes but....

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: lifts the bag and heads out towards the Odyssey, all the while wondering what this mission will be about ::

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

:: grabs her sonic toothbrush and places it in the bag, zips it and picks it up ::

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Besides, you're going to like this mission. It should be... fun.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::lifts up his other hand to stop Tyler speaking:: MED: You do not abbreviate physicals, full stop. Whether it's a first year Cadet or the President of the Federation himself. You certainly don't jab a commanding officer with a hypospray.

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

CO: You're being rather mysterious about it.

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: You'll see quite shortly. :: grins as the door opens ::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

CMO: Understood Commander

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

:: can only follow Blackthorne, as usual, and wonder ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Gets brief glances of the ship through the view ports as he goes. He tweaks his glasses to compensate for his aging sight, but he'll have to get closer for a proper look. Even so he could see how massive she was.::

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: And I'm not being secretive because anything's heavily classified above your level this time. It's just pure mischief. :: walks along toward the docking ring ::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::lets go of the PADD:: MED: You'll find the relevant passages highlighted, I'd like you to read them, study them, and submit a full report to me detailing every single necessary point you touch on during a physical examination. You're lucky that Admiral Blackthorne left your care in my hands - I am fairly sure he was angry enough to chew you up and use you to stick hull plates to the

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

Atlantis.

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

CO: Yes, I can sense it this time.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

::Takes the PADD:: CMO: When would you like the report, Sir?

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: reaches visual distance of the Odyssey and immediately wonder what the sensor suites and scientific labs must be like aboard it. A most agreeable thought. ::

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

:: sees the giant Odyssey come into view ::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::meets Tyler's eyes, putting on his stern Doctor face:: MED: Tomorrow morning, first thing - you're pulling Beta and Delta shifts until further notice, do you have an issue with that?

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Would you look at that.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Laughs to himself as he gets closer and closer.:: Self: Oh yes yes my girl. Lets see what you have. ::Gains pace.::

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

:: gazes at the Odyssey through the windows ::

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

:: smirks and keeps walking ::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Stands at attention:: CMO: No issue Commander, will that be all? :: Stands rigid with no expression::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::shakes his head:: MED: None. I'll see you onboard the Odyssey, Ensign. Dismissed.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Finally gets to the docking port. Stands giddily waiting to get aboard.::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Turns and walks towards the door::

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

::  Makes his way out of his quarters en route to the Odyssey.  He joins a group of looky-loos at a window to check out the impressive ship. ::

 

ACTION>

As people make it to the Odyssey, the computer allows access, but directs Atlantis crew toward the aft of the ship.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: finds it odd that they are being directed towards the aft ::

 

ACTION>

The Odyssey, while huge and impressive on the outside, has an air of still being unfinished on the inside.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Seething with fury, makes a quick stop by his quarters to find no T'Lira. Grabs a bag and heads to the Odyssey trying to remain calm and accept his punishment and move on. Even though he did not punish the last person who broke the rules::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Hums to himself about going to the after. Supposes a meeting in engineering perhaps, to see a prototype warp core or drive. Gets even faster; quite spry for a 'frail old man'.::

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

:: isn't sure what to make of the Odyssey, having passed through the airlock and is now looking around as she walks with Ian ::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::lets Slade walk out, letting out a breath as the door closes and sitting back in his chair:: Self: Dammit.

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

:: heads straight aft, knowing this part :: XO: She's unfinished, of course, but could be the next generation.

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

CO: After seeing the Atlantis for some time in an unfinished state, I can imagine how the Odyssey will be different.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Boards the ship and heads aft as instructed, curious::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::puts his things in order and grabs the small bag he'd packed, slinging it over his shoulder before tapping his comm badge:: *Vinland_OPS*: Station Ops, this is Commander Kymar Dremel. Requesting transport to the Odysssey, I'm running late.

 

ACTION>

As the Atlantis crew arrives at the aft bay, a Helpful Yeoman directs everyone straight into the Aquarius-class Light Escort, the USS Aquarius.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

<Vinland_OPS>

*CMO*: Transporting you now, Commander. You're being redirected to the Aquarius.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

Self: A ship within a ship... how quaint. ::Smiles.::

 

ACTION>

Kymar beams directly to the Aquarius's sickbay. Such as it is.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: still mildly confused as to what this is about. And this type of ship is also new... fascinating. ::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

::Sees T'Lira and catches up keeping in tow::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::rematerialises, looking around with a note of dejection:: Self: Is...this the closet?

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: hears footsteps rapidly draw closer behind her and turns slightly :: MED: Hello, Tyler.

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

:: boards the Aquarius and looks around as if he was back in his Academy dorm room :: Isn't this cozy.

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: Finally makes it to the end of the line boarding the Odyssey.  He sees a few familiar crewmates up about 100 feet ahead.  He sees them turning Aft once inside and gets the hint that is the way to go.  His legs didn't take long to start feeling tired once in line.  He didn't realise how big Vinland was until he had to walk across it. ::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

SCI: Its creepy how you do that :: Smiles and takes her free hand, and kisses it::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::spots the biobed, the medical scanner and what looks like a surgical cart:: Self: I think I'm starting to get claustrophobic.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

MED: As my hearing is naturally superior to the average being, I do not see how it can be... "creepy"? :: ah, a new confusing thing for the day ::

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

:: notes the smaller ship with even more curiosity, and that Blackthorne is having fun with this mystery ::

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

:: heads to the wee ship's bridge ::

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

Computer, transfer command of this vessel to me, effective immediately, authorization Blackthorne several Greek letters.

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

<Computer>

Command change successful and recorded.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

SCI: Ill see you tomorrow, Im on Beta and Delta shifts until further notice. Ill tell you about it later

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

Computer, register T'Kirr, Captain as Executive Officer, effective immediately.

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

:: takes note of each station on the little bridge ::

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

MED: I see. However, you did mention... quite a while ago... that you wished to speak with me. I can think of no better time.

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

<Computer>

Executive Officer installed.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Analyses every inch of this Aquarius class starship as he goes. It was meeting up to his scrutiny; it was cosy and functional.:: Self: I could have used a ship like this during the Dominion war.....

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::moves over to one of the shiny, sleek-looking consoles, tapping out some instructions:: *Bridge*: Bridge, this is Sickbay. Sadly.

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

:: tosses his bag into the center seat :: *Shipwide* All staff, report to the bridge.

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

*Sickbay* Blackthorne here, Doctor.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

*CO*: Ah, Admiral. I was hoping you could clarify what we're doing here? Vinland Ops dropped me in this shoebox with a bed they think passes as a medical facility.

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

:: moves to a console and takes a look around the computer ::

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

*CMO* Come to the bridge and all will be made clear, Doctor.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Claps his hand at the intercomm.:: Self: Oh goodie! ::Floats off to the bridge.::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::sighs, hoping the comm doesn't pick that up:: *CO*: On my way, Admiral. Sickbay out.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::drops his bag on the Biobed, adjusting his belt and lab coat, then makes his way out of the room and almost immediately into a Turbolift. A single deck later, he pops out onto the Bridge::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

SCI: Well this time unfortunately is not a good time being on a new ship and trying to stay out of trouble. Breakfast together... Agreed

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::glances around at the assembled crew:: CO: If I'd known the bridge was this close I'd have yelled instead of using the comm.

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

CMO: It would have worked, I think.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

MED: Agreed. If you will excuse me, apparently I must report to the bridge. Perhaps I will learn something about the impending mission.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Rushes through the bridge doors.:: CO: Oh admiral! This ship... I'll take her! Does she come in blue?

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::nods, agreeing wholeheartedly::

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

:: laughs :: ENG: You are definitely an engineer.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Walks towards Sickbay, passing the bridge and watching T'Lira walk in.::

 

<SEC_2LT_Suzuki>

:: reporting to the bridge, subtly looking around with well-masked curiosity ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: steps onto the turbolift to the bridge and is hardly surprised by the short distance it took ::

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

:: smiles as his people assemble, and notes the new Marine, recognizing her from a profile pic ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

CO: Many hats, sir. All of them like this ship though. ::Smiles gleefully around the room.::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Strides into sickbay:: Self: What is this??

 

<SEC_2LT_Suzuki>

:: notes the Admiral and takes a few steps toward him to close the distance ::  Sir.  I understand you require the services of a pilot today?

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

SEC: I do. Audition well and you can end up on Atlantis.

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

:: stands straight and faces the assemblage, her hands folded behind her ::

 

<SEC_2LT_Suzuki>

:: nods smartly ::  CO:  It would be an honor, sir.  Permission to take my post.

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

SEC: Granted. Obtain departure clearance from both Odyssey and Vinland control.

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

*shipwide* Any new arrivals from the Atlantis crew, report to the bridge.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Strides over to the engineering console and takes a seat, running his hand along it, getting a sense of the ship.:: Self: Well Aquarius, what can you tell me about yourself?

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Leaves sickbay and walks the short distance to the bridge::

 

<SEC_2LT_Suzuki>

:: once again nods smartly, nods a second time to the XO, and pivots neatly on her heel to walk over to the helm, taking a few moments to look over the consoles before sliding into the seat and tapping a few keys.  *Odyssey OPS*  Odyssey, this is Aquarius requesting permission for departure.

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: appears on the Bridge, noting its size and the number of people filing in, so she curls her tail over her feet and "stands" ready in a sitting position, as she is allowed due to her size ::

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

Bridge: Welcome aboard the prototype Aquarius-cass light escort.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Stands next to Kymar::

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: After what seems like forever, finally gets onboard the ship.  He goes to report to the Quartermaster only to be told their all out of Officer's quarters even Junior Officers.  They stuck him in the Enlisted Barracks since he was still a Cadet.  Then he went to the barracks to drop off his bag.  Once there he saw it was bunk beds on both sides as far as the eye can see. ::  I hope I don't have to clean up after all thes

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::widens his eyes a little at seeing the....something...appear on the bridge in a Starfleet Uniform:: Self: So that's a Rucara.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: is mildly concerned about the space on the bridge and trying to fit this many people in it ::

 

<SEC_1Lt_Syvek>

:: clasps his arms behind his back and stands along the bridge wall, near tactical, and observes ::

 

ACTION>

All departure clearances are obtained.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Starts settling in comfortably, getting a quick look at what the ship's got.::

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

:: waits patiently for Blackthorne to tell them what they're doing here ::

 

<SEC_2LT_Suzuki>

CO:  All departure clearances have been obtained, Admiral.

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: Gets handed a PADD with orders to divert to the Aquarius immediately.  He double-times it there. ::

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

Bridge: This light escort has the latest in emissions-sinking technology. She's a veritable stealth ship without the need for a cloaking device.

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

:: eyebrows ::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

Self: Hmm

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Thinks about how useful that particular feature would have been in the day.::

 

<LCdr_Wolfe>

:: is boarding Aquarius when he hears the order to go to the bridge. Bag still under arm, he heads that way without a word to anyone. As he passes people in the corridor, he does NOT move out of the middle. Being 2.2 meters tall, people must move significantly to get out of his way. ::

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

Bridge: So, being prototype new technology, Starfleet is quite curious as to what she can do - and what an enemy could do were they to develop this.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: is slightly wary as to where this is going... ::

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

NAV: Set a course for the Mutara sector and stand by for departure.

 

<NAV_2LT_Suzuki>

:: taps keys at her console, carefully laying in the course to the Mutara sector as instructed and checking it twice for accuracy. ::  CO:  Course laid in.  Standing by for departure.

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

Bridge: We have no functional ship and are available, so we're playing in a bit of a war game.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::raises an eyebrow slightly, feeling a tad unsure:: CO: Do we often play wargames in restricted sectors?

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

CMO: Not often, no, but we are this time.

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

:: glances to Kymar ::

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

Bridge: There's a bouy set up near Starbase One at Earth. If we destroy it, we win. How we get there is up to all of us, because even with this ship's tech it won't be easy.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Look on with a raised eyebrow at the mention of the Mutara sector, and the idea of a war game. He likes games and infamous places.::

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

WAAAAIIIIIITTTT!!!  :: Runs at the closing door that pauses with enough of a gap for him to jump through.  Then they close the rest of the way.  Randen just collapses to the floor and catches his breath sitting against the corridore wall.  Panting heavily. ::

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Do we have all aboard?

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::folds his arms and leans back on the auxilliary console with a touch of a smile:: CO: Sounds like a cakewalk. Which is good, because if anyone gets sick we're definitely not equipped to handle it, the Sickbay on this thing is a joke.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

CO: Oh... this should be fun. ::Smiles.::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: questions the sanity of whoever came up with this mission ::

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

:: swivels slightly to check, pauses...there it is :: CO: All aboard, sir.

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

NAV: Depart Odyssey and thrusters only to Vinland spacedoors.

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

<Computer>

:: complains about the Mutara sector being forbidden ::

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

Bridge: We are authorized to do about anything that wouldn't cause harm or an incident that the Council would have to deal with. So we're starting in a forbidden sector.

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

Bridge: I want creativity out of all of you, because if we win this, well... there's a surprise in it for us.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::smirks, just slightly:: CO: Is it input on the design specs?

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: silently takes notes for future reference. The idea of a bonus after any task seems to motivate the more emotional species ::

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

CMO: Larger sickbay, I know, I know. Bridge: Starfleet will be actively looking for us. Admiral Zuriyev himself is personally overseeing the efforts to find us.

 

<LCdr_Wolfe>

:: arrives at the Bridge and walks in, having met no one from Atlantis yet, because time and his personality have not allowed it ::

 

<NAV_2LT_Suzuki>

:: gently nudges the thrusters and navigates delicately out of Odyssey's launch bay, then executes a neat turn toward Vinland's space doors and increases power to the thrusters slightly to increase speed ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Is already remembering old trade routes and 'detours', trying to think of the perfect course. It would be easy to get to Earth undetected, but it would be fun.::

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

:: gets it now ::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::chuckles as he turns around, logging into the Aux console, mind already awhirr with ideas:: Computer: Computer, identify Kymar Dremel, Commander, Authorisation Kymar Nine Delta Orange. Chief Physician, reporting.

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: After a few minutes of hugging his duffle bag and catching his breath, he gets up and stuffs his bag in a nearby closet for now and heads to the TL, as he was alreay running late.  He board the TL :: Bridge.

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

Bridge: Although defeating Admiral Zuriyev would be pleasant, there's a bit more of a bonus than my satisfaction. So, get those minds going. We'll need a good approach route, and hiding places along the way.

 

<NAV_2LT_Suzuki>

CO:  We are approaching the spacedoors, sir.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: already mentally reviewing spacial charts and mapping where the larger asteroid belts are... as well as recalling a few tactics to escape notice ::

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

NAV: Once clear, engage at warp six.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

Computer: Computer reporting under commander Kymar. Ensign Tyler Slade Attending Physician Authorization Slade Omega 23 Alpha

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

:: reaches down and overrides the computer's protests with a few keystrokes ::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::glances over at Slade:: MED: Ensign. I'll leave Sickbay under your dutiful watch, I don't think there's enough room for two people in there.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: steps over to the science console and types in her access code, bringing up the display and reviewing the controls briefly ::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

CMO: Understood Commander :: Turns and walks away to sickbay::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Wonders how extensive the technology is, as he starts getting some ideas. Starts jotting them down on a PADD as possible suggestions.::

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: Arrives on the Bridge :: CO: Reporting as ordered.

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

TAC: I think they need to go over arriving promptly at the Academy, cadet. You almost missed the boat.

 

<NAV_2LT_Suzuki>

:: as the ship clears the space doors on the power of the thrusters, she inputs another command to execute another neat turn to begin their trajectory toward the Mutara sector.  As they clear the station, she checks the course one final time and engages at warp six as ordered. ::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::sighs as Slade walks out, wondering when hurt puppy-dog thing would stop::

 

ACTION>

The little ship warps off into the black.

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: Takes the Tactical Console. :: CO: Yes Sir.

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: notes Randen's arrival ::

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

TAC: As I've been saying, we're on  a wargame to sneak up to Earth in this stealth ship. I'll need ideas.

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

SCI: Any spacial anomolies on the way that disrupts sensors?

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

Bridge: Take your stations and see what we have to work with. I want ideas once we reach Mutara.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

TAC: I am currently mapping potential routes for those. I predict that there will be several. However, asteroids that contain sufficient amounts of sensor-disrupting minerals will also suffice. And there will be quite a few of those.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::decides that his station will be leaning against the railing behind the Captain's chair:: CO: So how exactly does this 'stealth' technology work? Can't we just cloak and fly our way to Earth?

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Monitors the warp core briefly, seeing how she sings, before getting on with the shield specs, then the sensor, and the deflector array. This was going to be a real treat.::

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

SCI: Could we tow one of those with a tractor beam to mask our trail?

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

CMO: Not when they're actively hunting us. It sinks our emissions, but we can be seen visually, and an active hunt would turn us up eventually anyway, emissions sinking or not.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

TAC: Do you believe that an asteroid that appears to be moving at warp speeds will not attract unwanted attention?

 

<NAV_2LT_Suzuki>

:: gets used to the feel of this ship at warp under her hands, feet, and bottom ::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::nods, staring out at the starscape on the viewscreen for a moment:: CO: So we're like a paklu? Quiet and almost invisible in the foliage, unless you know what you're looking for?

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

CMO: Whatever that is, probably.

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

:: moves his bag out of the center seat and sits down ::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

CO: Tasty, mostly.

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

SCI: I see your point.

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

CMO: Mm, I like it already.  :: finds the chair to be annoyingly not his ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

CMO: We've got to hide in all the right places. Asteroid belts, nebulae, gas giant atmospheres... the corona of a star.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: lifts an eyebrow but continues to go through star charts on her console ::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

<Palukoo>

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: jumps in next to Randen at a secondary console, really just shifting from where she was and facing the wall, assisting tactical ::

 

<Zaxiven>

:: stands in the galley. While it's not what he loves, crafting drinks... He can make this work as well. He checks the time and sees that it's time to begin the next meal ::

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

:: sits next to Blackthorne, noting she's closer to him than when seated on Atlantis ::

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Bit tighter a squeeze, eh?

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

Bridge: What if we warp-throw a few as decoys?  They would keep the speed for a while once released wouldn't they?

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

CO: It's a good thing we're well acquainted.

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Quite.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::standing just behind them both:: CO/XO: It's really cosy here. Warmth won't be an issue.

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

:: begins reviewing the ship's specs ::

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

TAC: They would immediately slow to sublight being outside a warp field, and immediately give away our position and trajectory since asteroids don't normally move at any appreciable fraction of C.

 

<NAV_2LT_Suzuki>

:: listening to the conversation behind her, recalls reading in their profiles that the CO and XO are married.  Not that it makes any difference to her. ::

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

:: chuckles at the doctor, glad to be back in space in command of something, even if this ship is not home ::

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

CO: I'm liking the cloak idea more and more.

 

<LCdr_Wolfe>

:: quietly stands at attention, surprised but happy to be there unnoticed until he's needed. ::

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

TAC: Not to mention the terrible potential impact of throwing an asteroid at an appreciable fraction of C and it hitting a planet 10,000 years from now that we didn't anticipate. Sir Isaac Newton is the deadliest in space.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: notices the new officers, but he seems quite content where he is, so she doesn't acknowledge him ::

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

:: looks around :: Bridge: Many new faces, many familiar faces, and some missing faces. But we'll make a cohesive crew.

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

Bridge: The quarters are certainly close enough for it.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Sits quietly in the small sickbay and begins his report on proper physical procedures, the quicker it is done the quicker it can be in the past::

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

:: reading :: CO: These emission specifications are...impressive.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::ponders for a moment:: XO/CO: Do you think it masks lifesigns to active scans? That could be a way to pinpoint us.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Laughs at how exciting it all is, enjoying every little thought that popped into his head.:: Self: Its like a smuggling run.

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: That they are. Imagine it on the scale of a large ship.  CMO: Now that's a bloody good question.

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage