U.S.S. Atlantis - 11509.09, Mission #1061

"Bare Bones, Faux Homes"


 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: in the ready room, which is still spartan except for his desk and a couple of chairs ::

 

<FCS_Cdr_Harper>

@ :: in the Jormungandr's holodeck, practicing with the remote control interface to the Sprite ::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Walking through sickbay ensuring the re fit of the surgical bay is going as planned

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: trying to make this relay not fuse so that it doesn't short out power to one of the science labs that also needs repairs. Everything needs needs repairs at this point ::

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

:: in Science Lab One, monitoring incoming power ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: heads out onto the bridge, and notes people removing his chair ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Screaming all sorts of obscenities as he works his way around trying to fix things, many that keep breaking.::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: sits at the helm instead, which is deader than bell-bottom pants ::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: After checking the final bay walks back to the the triage area and thinks of an idea:: *SCI*: Slade to T'Lira

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: pokes at the console, which does nothing, sighs ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: freezes for a moment before awkwardly shifting her hand so she can tap the badge :: *MED* T'Lira here.

 

<FCS_Cdr_Harper>

@ :: does a few docking maneuvers and gets the hang of the remote interface ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

@::Is in his temp quauters, trying to meditate again. Having little luck.::

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

:: So as to provide some continuity from last time, Quinn and his well-protected team are now clustered around a series of control screens in their temporary control room off of a sealed off part of deck 11. ::  50...65...70 gigawatts running through the EPS junction!  Thermal stress?

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

*SCI*: When you are free would you stop by Sickbay

 

<LO_LCdr_Wright>

@ :: in her temp quarters, looking over the specs for the Personal Shield Generator again and debating whether to assign it to everyone or not ::

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

<Crewman Walters>

Approaching critical, sir!  Mechanical stress approaching 11,000 PSI!

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

:: notes that power into Science Lab One seems to be steady, for the moment, and moves to another console to run a mock-diagnostic ::

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

:: Nods excitedly. ::  And the structural integrity field?

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: looks at the relay :: *MED* Of course. It may be some time, however. I am currently performing repairs on a relay. :: and now it looks like it wants to settle down... ::

<VAdmBlackthorne>

<1Lt_Syvek>

:: dispassionately running calibrations at the tactical console, raises his eyebrow at Blackthorne :: CO: Perhaps you would enjoy seeing what parts of the ship do work, Admiral?

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

<Lieutenant Price>

Holding...but at these levels, I'm not sure if I can say for how long.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

*SCI* : Aknowleged it is non emergent, take your time.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Syvek: I just may. Thank you, lieutenant.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

@::Roars at the wall. Frustration written into his face. He cant meditate, and if he cant meditate he gets no rest. Tries some martial meditation to tire himself out.::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

<Syvek>

:: returns to calibrations ::

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

All: Okay, based on this and the last test, I want the threshold programmed in at 60 gigawatts.  Now, engage the new emergency venting protocols.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: stands and heads to the TL, and based on his reports, says ::  Sickbay.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: maybe a tweak to wire would.... never mind that was a horrible idea. Perhaps fusing the crack in the housing would complete the repairs ::

 

<GM_James>

::sits cross-legged in one of the auxiliary cargo bays, picking through the remains of a transport crate to find the in-tact medical cartridges:: Self: Waste-not, want-not.

 

<LO_LCdr_Wright>

@ :: goes over the STAR roster again, paying special attention to height and weight and considering musculature ::

 

<FCS_Cdr_Harper>

@ :: changes the simulation around from docking to evading and tricky flying by remote ::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

<change aux cargo bay to medical supply closet>

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

<Price>

::Nods:: Bringing the thermal sinks online...recycling pathways looking good...initiating plasma venting!

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: exits the TL and heads into sickbay ::

 

<Zaxiven>

:: is finishing up the work order for the right spirits to carry aboard the Atlantis. This is certainly a new gig for him, but there's one thing he can do very, very well, and that's run a bar. :: Self: Okay, let's see. I've got enough variety of vodkas, gins, rums, tequilas, whiskeys, bourbons... Now, let's put together that collection of scotch. ::

 

<Zaxiven>

Zax loves bourbon and scotch, since they are a couple spirits that can only be made on one planet, and on that planet a relatively small area, with such rules regarding what they must have to be called by those names. He pulls out his PADD and begins to create his personal stash for his new gig. ::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::hears the Sickbay doors swish open and calls out through the door:: Sickbay: If you need medical attention you'll need to head to Deck Twelve, I'm sorry! ::keeps picking through the shards of transparent aluminium cartridges:: Self: What did this?

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CMO: I'm not here for medical attention.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Snaps around at the sound of the Admirals voice:: CO: Sir??? Is everything alright?

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::keeps picking through the crate:: VAdm: Are you from Vinland about my medical supplies? I know my message was harshly worded but a communication would have been sufficient....Ooo, Metoropan.

 

<FCS_Cdr_Harper>

@  :: practices evading fighter patrols and debris by remote ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

@::The room vibrates as he hums in Klingon, trying to move his energy around to his central point.::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: smirks a bit ::  MED: Indeed. I just heard that sickbay was in a better state than the rest of my ship.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::hears the words 'my ship' and blinks, pushing himself to his feet a little quicker than his age might suggest he could, poking his head out to see the Red-uniformed Admiral:: VAdm: Captain. Admiral? Welcome to Sickbay, I apologise for the greeting.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

CO: It is possibly a bit better sir, but I would'nt say by much.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

MED: Better than the bridge. I don't even have a chair.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: oh look. Fusing the crack did a lot of help for this. Sealing the panel, she stands and sticks the tool into her tool kit and heads to the science lab that was being affected by this relay ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CMO: You must be Dr. Kymar.

 

<LO_LCdr_Wright>

@ :: gets to Kate's file and spends a few minutes looking at the picture.  She is *intimately* familiar with Kate's build. ::

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

CMO/CO: Oh ummm, Admiral Blackthorne Commander Kymar

 

<FCS_Cdr_Harper>

@ :: switches the sim over from remote flying practice to direct flying practice ::

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

<Crewman Walter>

Temperature dropping...conduit pressure now down to 7,500 PSI.  We're back in the comfort range, sir!

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Smirks wondering why he is doing the introductions::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::steps out of the smaller supply room, wiping his hands on his lab coat as he walks up to the man, offering one to shake with a smile:: VAdm: That I am. Do you prefer Admiral or Captain?

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

:: watches the mock-diagnostic run across the screen, not really checking it for errors, but just that the necessary power keeps it going ::

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

:: Laughs ::  Well, who wants comfort!  I say it's time to stop being so damnably gentle.  Mr. Walters, give her all we've got.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CMO: Admiral. Less confusing now that my XO has reached the rank of Captain. Welcome aboard, Doctor. I've heard quite a bit about you.

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

:: moves over to the power reading again, watching to see if it stays steady ::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::grins, his hand still thrust out:: VAdm. I'm not sure whether that's a benefit or not, Admiral. It's a pleasure to meet you in person, however.

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

<Walters>

::Swallows nervously, despite intimate knowledge of all the safeguards in place, and dials the power feed up to maximum possible intensity, emergency shutoff protocols temporarily disabled.::

 

<FCS_Cdr_Harper>

@ :: at the helm of the holo-Sprite, getting familiar with her handling characteristics by flying through a simulated Sigma Rho debris field ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: reutrns a firm handshake :: Likewise.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: walks into the science lab and finds a console to perform a diagnostic on the relay ::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

VAdm: I'm afraid we're not fully operational yet. Two of the six nurses stations are operational, and we have one surgical suite in case of emergencies, but as we can see Main Sickbay is somewhat lacking in the Biobed department. We'll have everything back together again before we leave, though.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Is still in deep with the power junctions. Is quite dusty, with char stains marking his uniform.::

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

:: looks up at T'Lira :: Lieutenant.

 

<LO_LCdr_Wright>

@ :: lingering on Kate's picture in a very unprofessional manner ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CMO: I should think so. Still, it is an improvement.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: nods politely :: XO: Captain. The malfunctioning relay should be repaired by this point. There was a rather sizable crack in the housing.

 

<FCS_Cdr_Harper>

@ :: loops and flip-turns as best as the thing will, although it's not as maneuverable as the Boudica was, RIP ::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::gestures as Slade with a smile:: MED/VAdm: Improvements are good. Tyler here has been doing a fantastic job getting Vinland to speed up progress, though, he should be a diplomat.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Slowly begins to walk to backwards away from the admiral and CMO::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

MED: Have you now? Even I can run into trouble with that.

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

:: perks eyebrow :: SCI: Excellent. I've been running power through and it seems to be holding steady. I'm running a diagnostic to test its integrity.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Stops immediatly hearing his name::

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

:: Grins after about 30 seconds of buildup have occurred. ::  Okay, here we go!  100 gigawatts!  110, 115, 120...130!  Ha-

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

Deck 11>

KABOOM!

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

CO: Sir, I believe it is because I ask more than I tell and smile constantly. Not to mention I am sure that my persistence verges on annoyance so they do it quicker not to have to deal with me anylonger

 

ACTION>

Power starts to fail throughout the entire ship, which is a feat considering she's hooked up to Vinland power.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

@::Feels his inner energy centre briefly, before he loses it, and it metaphorically prangs out of his hands.::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

::Extremely shocked that he was just so bluntly honest with the Admiral smirks awkwardly::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: this diagnostic is... not... what? :: XO: Power is falling, but I cannot determine the reason.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: looks up as the lights flicker and die, then the emegencies come on ::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::glances around as the lights flicker in Sickbay:: VAdm: Hmm, one moment please, Admiral. ::taps his comm badge:: *CEO*: Sickbay to Engineering. We've experienced some power loss here in Sickbay, can you check our power relays?

 

ACTION>

Emergency battery systems come on, and fortunately the forcefields covering the missing hull pieces are hard wired to station themselves, so they don't fail.

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

:: turns from the diagnostic to the power levels once again, and simply watches it in dismay ::

 

ACTION>

First one console explodes outward, then another, though they seem a lot more stubborn about it than usual.  And once the eruption starts, with no emergency force field in place to contain it, it briefly looks like a new star is born in that sealed off section of deck 11.

 

<LO_LCdr_Wright>

@ :: idly wondering what the rest of the crew is doing is wishing she and Kate could go home ::

 

<FCS_Cdr_Harper>

@ :: ends the simulation, satisfied for now ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: waits, since he was going to call engineering himself ::

 

ACTION>

Luckily, the bulkheads are more than rated for it, and every square inch of hallway was covered in high grade thermal resistant film.

 

<LO_LCdr_Wright>

@ :: gives up on futzing with the gear list for the millionth time and shuts off the console, burying her tired face in her hands and thinking about home ::

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

SCI: Engineering is still testing the power systems. It's possible it has nothing to do with your relay.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

::Slumps. Missing home. Longing for Izzy's gentle embrace. And a spar with Vitro. And his new lines of research. Sit on the edge of his bed, sighing.::

 

<FCS_Cdr_Harper>

@ ::: walks to the arch and starts futzing with the program listing ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

XO: That would seem plausible. It could simply be a malfunction in the power systems.

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

:: Takes a moment to force himself to stop laughing.  Not wanting to touch this one, the crewman in engineering simply routing this call right to him.  ::

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

SCI: Which...makes our task...difficult.

 

ACTION>

Power continues to fail until the entire ship is running on its limited battery supply.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*XO* Blackthorne to T'Kirr.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

XO: Agreed.

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

+CMO+ This is Quinn, doctor.  You should have power normalized within moments.  The power fluctuation you just experienced was caused by a catastrophic controlled overload in one of our primary EPS junctions on deck 11.

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

*CO* Go ahead.

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

::Says all this with a gigantic grin on his face. ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Notices power starting to fluctuate:: Self: What the blazes is going on....

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*XO* Sickbay's running on emergency lights. Any other problems anywhere else?

 

<FCS_Cdr_Harper>

@ :: makes the holodeck conjure up an image of the beach in Lunat Bay, which they'd only left days ago ::

 

<Zaxiven>

:: looks up from his PADD as the lights around him flicker, then die before the emergency lights click in. He turns from the backbar to look at the windows, to make sure they're windows and not the force fields he's seen around other parts of the ship ::

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

*CO* Indeed. I'm in Science Lab One, and our consoles are out. I heard Engineering was doing some testing.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::frowns slowly:: *CEO*: Controlled catastrophe? That's....a new one. I thought Sickbay was supposed to be on a separate relay, I can't have lives at risk if we run into another one of these....controlled catastrophes.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*XO* Let's find out the extent of this. Our new doctor is talking to Lt. Quinn now.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

@::In his agitation, he leaves his quarters and forgets to put on his jacket. Just stands outside in the corridor, taking a breather.::

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

*CO* Understood. I'll stand by.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: looks to Kymar, hoping he overheard ::

 

<FCS_Cdr_Harper>

@ :: sits down on the beach and watches the fake sea ::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::gives Blackthorne a nod and a look to show he understood::

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

+CMO+ :: The smile dies a little.:: Oh, no danger of that, sir!  We're just testing some new safety upgrades designed to prevent exactly this sort of disruption.  I sent up a notification that we'd be performing some destructive fatigue tests.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

@<MCS_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: walking down the hall with a sandwich in one hand and a PADD in the other, not quite sure what to do about the officer who just suddenly burst out of his quarters ::

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

+CMO+ And rest assured, we made sure life support, hull seal fields and artificial gravity were completely insulated.

 

ACTION>

While those systems were insulated, others start to fail... turbolifts lose power.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

@::Notices Sarissa before realising he isn't wearing his top. Nervously tries to cover up his scars.:: MCS: Leftenant.... ::Tries to avoid eye contact.::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

*CEO*: Understood. It must be in the stack of PADDs on my desk - just in case I do have someone tied up to a surgical life support unit the next time Engineering decides to do some tests, I'd appreciate enough heads up to rig a portable power unit. I'm sure you'd understand.

 

<FCS_Cdr_Harper>

@ :: lets out a long breath :: *LO* Harper to Wright.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

@<MCS_LtJG_Sarissa>

ECS: Hello, Lieutenant. You really don't need to worry. I'm a doctor, I've left worse scars. :: hopes that sounded nonchalant enough ::

 

<LO_LCdr_Wright>

@ :: rubs her eyes tiredly and seriously considers going back to bed, a wandering part of her mind wondering what Kate is doing... and there she is ::  *FCS*  Go for Wright.

 

<FCS_Cdr_Harper>

@ *LO* I have finished flight practice in the holodeck. Would you care to join me?

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: well, this is most certainly going to prove interesting. Hopefully this relay reacts well to the resurgence of power that is certain to arrive shortly. That would be an excellent test ::

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

*CMO* Ah, yes, sir.  Sorry for any inconvenience.  As I said, the other relays should begin picking up the slack and bringing everything back up to normal levels soon.

 

ACTION>

The coffee machines lose power.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

MCS: I... dont share them... I apologise. ::Rushes back into his quarters momentarily, before leaving again with a jacket.::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::puts on a wide smile and nods to the air:: *CEO*: Wonderful, I'm glad we agree. Thank you Lieutenant - I'll let you concentrate on getting power back up. Kymar out.

 

<LO_LCdr_Wright>

:: already up and walking down the corridor ::  *FCS*  On my way.

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

:: Mutters uncomfortably. ::  Any time now, other relays.

 

<LO_LCdr_Wright>

<@>

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

:: waits for power to return, her thoughts inward, not bothering with pleasantries with the other Vulcan ::

 

ACTION>

The other relays do not engage, but instead, the situation worsens.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

@<MCS_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: resists the urge to roll her eyes :: ECS: Understandable. What brings you to this lonely little corridor?

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

::Continues working on supervising the surgical refit::

 

<FCS_Cdr_Harper>

@ :: just sitting on the familiar beach ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: wonders why the power hasn't returned yet... ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

MCS: Its... more familiar than the quarters....

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::glances back to Blackthorne:: VAdm: Looks like this refit is getting more and more exciting by the minute - and here was me thinking it'd be all reports and picking through boxes.

 

<Zaxiven>

:: continues his inventory by the light of the emergency backup lights. ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CMO: Indeed. I need to go check on some things. :: turns to leave, but the door doesn't open ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

@<MCS_LtJG_Sarissa>

ECS: I can see that. Starfleet can't ever seem to design the corridors with some originality every once in a while.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: stares at the door :: Or not.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

MCS: Yeah. It's the lazy area of ship design.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

CO: Would you like me to use the manual overide sir?

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::chuckles quietly:: VAdm: I'm afraid you're stuck with us, Admiral. If I had a biobed I'd offer to do your Physical.

 

<LO_LCdr_Wright>

@ :: swishes into the holodeck and finds herself in... Lunat Bay?  Sees Kate sitting on beach a few yards ahead of her and approaches, sitting down quietly next to her and staring out to sea ::

 

<FCS_Cdr_Harper>

@ LO: Hey Lexy.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

@<MCS_LtJG_Sarissa>

ECS: That, and the total lack of attention paid when designing a Sickbay. Sure, the tech is nice, but have they considered traffic patterns in a Sickbay when it gets busy?

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

MED: Not yet, I'm sure engineering will have us back up shortly.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CMO: Can't say I'm broken up about you not having one yet then.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

MCS: Why do that when it's aesthetically pleasing.

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

*Engineering* Engineering, this is Quinn.  Who the hell's manning the power distribution down there?

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

<Technician>

*Quinn* Um...that would be Puddington, sir.

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

*Engineering* Oh, for the love of God!  Get him off of there and get these lights on!

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

@<MCS_LtJG_Sarissa>

ECS: I can't even begin to count how many times I fell across another biobed during the recent conflict because of that poor design. Everything is too close together during a combat situation.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

MCS: What brings you to the corridor?

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

MCS: The majority of our ship aren't designed for battle.

 

ACTION>

Replicators lose power, as do the sonic showers.

 

<LO_LCdr_Wright>

@ :: reaches out with her left hand and entwines it with the fingers of Kate's right ::

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

:: waits ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

@<MCS_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: holds up her sandwich :: ECS: I was making a food run so I can get back to these reports without my stomach adding to that conversation I'm having with myself. And you'd think that with everything that happens, they'd design some ships for combat, but no, typical Starfleet it you ask me.

 

ACTION>

A minute later, power is ACTUALLY re-routed through the other, still intact relays, and lights and such begin coming back to life.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: nods approvingly as the lights reappear. Much better. And the relay is responding well ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

MCS: Where in the Star Empire are you from?

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

:: watches the console "boot" spam, making sure there is no corruption ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

@<MCS_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: fixes him with a serious look before replying :: ECS: Vulcan.

 

ACTION>

Shortly after the lights start to come back on... they fail again, and sounds of muffled explosions and pops can be heard by anyone near THOSE relays.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::sighs softly, walking over to a dead console to tap at it futily:: VAdm: Well, that was short lived.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: glares at the console :: Self: That was most certainly not appreciated.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: approaches the door, which refuses him, then back away :: CMO: So it was.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

ECS: But you are Romulan right?

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

@

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

:: feels irritation begin to rise and suppresses it. It's just a ship. No one is dying. It will get fixed eventually ::

<FCS_Cdr_Harper>

@ LO: Found myself missing home, even though I had not been there in a long time before our recent visit.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

@<MCS_LtJG_Sarissa>

ECS: Half, actually. Father sort of... well, he defected.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

@MCS: I'm not judging.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: alright, he has to do it now :: *CEO* Blackthorne to Quinn.

 

<LO_LCdr_Wright>

@  FCS:  I missed it too, even though I've only spent a week there.  It's truly one of the most beautiful place I've ever been.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

@<MCS_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: grins :: ECS: Most people assume I'm full Romulan and leave it at that. Few actually ask. Some check my file, I think, but that's to be expected.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

@MCS: And you are right. Typical Starfleet.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

@<MCS_LtJG_Sarissa>

ECS: At least some things are constants.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: this is obviously going to be a long day. The door will most likely not open, so she cannot get a closer look at the relay to ascertain exactly how to make it work again ::

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

:: Muffles a swear. ::  *CO* Quinn here.

 

<FCS_Cdr_Harper>

LO: I do not think it was the specific place.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*CEO* What happened and how bad is it?

 

<LO_LCdr_Wright>

FCS:  No?  :: turns to look at Kate, tucking her hair behind her ear ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

MCS: I like to ask. ::Braves a smile.:: People always assume I'm fully Human.

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Grabs the trauma kit just incase he has to run to engineering::

 

<FCS_Cdr_Harper>

@ LO: I doubt that was long enough of a vacation.

 

<LO_LCdr_Wright>

@ :: chuckles :: FCS:  Is any vacation ever long enough?

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

MCA: They liked to joke at the academy that I was assimilated...

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

@<MCS_LtJG_Sarissa>

ECS: But you're not. :: ponders for a moment :: I haven't gotten to your medical file yet, so I can't say I could guess what the other part of you is. Definitely not Vulcanoid, though.

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

*CO* I'm uh...trying to determine that now, sir.  We've been testing out some new modifications to the EPS network, designed to make it more resistant to overloads.  So, we ran a destructive test on deck 11.  But the effect was supposed to be relatively insulated.  The flow should have been re-routed, and the other relays should have picked up the load

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

MCS: I wouldn't look good with pointy ears. I think they'd clash with my robotic eye.

<CEO_LtQuinn>

almost immediately.  Maybe...maybe one of my people missed something, and there was more bleed through than there should have been.  I'm running a diagnostic for it now.

 

<FCS_Cdr_Harper>

@ LO: Perhaps not, but - bloody hell. Would you like a drink?

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

@<MCS_LtJG_Sarissa>

ECS: I once met an ex-drone who happened to be a Rigellian. Can't get much stranger than that.

 

<LO_LCdr_Wright>

@ FCS:  But part of what makes this one of the most beautiful places I've ever been was that I was here together with you.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

MCS: No... that's pretty odd.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*CEO* Alright. I'll let you get back at it.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

@<MCS_LtJG_Sarissa>

ECS: My point exactly.

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

MCS: Not as strange as my old landlord though. A Nausicaan... who didn't play Domjot.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

@<MCS_LtJG_Sarissa>

ECS: Is that even possible?

 

<LO_LCdr_Wright>

@ FCS:  And no, I think I'll hold off on the drink.  The mission starts in a few hours.  But thank you.

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

:: thinks about comming Engineering, but stands by, as she said she would ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>@ MCS: I certainly didn't think so.

 

<FCS_Cdr_Harper>

@ LO: Yes, that visit was particularly :: hand squeeze :: special.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

MCS: My favourite was that he wasn't a murderer. Which made him the only one in town.

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

@<MCS_LtJG_Sarissa>

ECS: Must have been a rough neighborhood.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

MCS: Rough sector.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: perhaps forcing the doors open would be a satisfactory course of action. ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

@MCS: Too many Gorn too.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

@<MCS_LtJG_Sarissa>

ECS: Gorn are always fun if you're looking for someone who understands a good joke at the expense of someone else.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

MCS: Also good for a fight.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

@MCS: Or several.

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

:: leans back against the wall and folds his arms ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

@<MCS_LtJG_Sarissa>

ECS: I wouldn't know. I don't exactly fight very well. Especially not with a Gorn.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::whistles quietly and picks up a PADD, glancing over the projected time for delivery and installation on his new equipment:: VAdm: Do....::clears his throat:: Do you think Engineering need a hand? The power has been out for a while...

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

:: begins to get a bit...agitated :: *CO-CO-CO* T'Kirr to Blackthorne. Any update?

 

<LO_LCdr_Wright>

@ :: looks back out toward the sea and leans on Kate, resting her head on Kate's shoulder ::  Let's come back here, yeah?  Soon.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

MCS: Child's play. Unless they come in packs.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Picks up a tricorder and walks over to the admiral:: CO: Sir, would you like to get your physical over with??

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

@<MCS_LtJG_Sarissa>

ECS: Honestly, I think I'd run from the one. I've no intention of loosing my head. Literally

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

*XO* Apparently the EPS relays that should have taken the load after their test could not. They're working on it.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

@MCS: Then... it's a good work out.

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

:: deflates :: *CO* Understood.

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

MED: Not particularly, no.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

@MCS: Yeah. The idea of being eaten was always a good motivator.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

CO: It will only take a moment sir, and as you can see we are all kinda stuck here for a bit...

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

@<MCS_LtJG_Sarissa>

ECS: Yet another reason why I stick to the gyms and not the Gorn. I'm a doctor, not a prizefighter.

 

<FCS_Cdr_Harper>

@ LO: I would love to. But you had also mentioned visiting your family, yes?

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

:: Finally spots the problem...and needs a few moments to fight off the temptation to blame it on Puddington anyway. ::  *CO* Admiral, Quinn again.  Looks like a lockout seal failed at junction G-15.  The overload was allowed to bleed out to...well, the specifics would take me a few seconds.  But I CAN re-route...partially.

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

MED: No thanks, doc.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Shakes head and strides away::

 

<LO_LCdr_Wright>

@ :: pouts :: FCS:  That's not as much fun.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

MCS: So... what's your issue with Starfleet?

 

<FCS_Cdr_Harper>

@ LO: I do not want to monopolize our vacation time with my home... :: turns to her, concerned ::

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

*CEO* That's good news, Lieutenant. Before these doctors find something wrong with me would be ideal. :: smirks ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

@<MCS_LtJG_Sarissa>

ECS: Issue? Ah... no issue really, just many small complaints that are easily addressed. I don't dare submit them or whoever gets them would be very unhappy with me for sending so many.

 

<LO_LCdr_Wright>

@ FCS:  You're right, of course, but I don't want to think about that right now.  Too stressful to think about right now.  Your home is the opposite of stressful.

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

:: wishes she had brought a book with her ::

 

<FCS_Cdr_Harper>

@ LO: That is the point of the "pleasure planet" as you call it. :: manages a smile ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

MCS: What in particular?

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

@<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

MCS: Besides ship design.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: wonders yet again when the power will return because, as much as she appreciates the extremely dimmed lighting, meditation would be a poor choice at this time ::

 

<LO_LCdr_Wright>

@ FCS:  Honestly, at the risk of sounding sappy, I'm pretty much happy to be wherever you are.  :: nuzzles her head against Kate's shoulder ::

 

<FCS_Cdr_Harper>

@ LO: *Some* sappiness is appreciated now and then. ::: leans her head on top of Lexy's ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

@<MCS_LtJG_Sarissa>

ECS: Oh, lack of enhanced safety systems to protect crewmen who venture out into space during a battle to perform emergency repairs and many more. Mostly small, but still. They all fall under my purview because I'm the one who patches them up! :: smiles ::

 

<LO_LCdr_Wright>

@ FCS:  You'll have to tell me when I cross the line.  :: giggles ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

@<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

MCS: Sounds fair.

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

:: finally looks over to T'Lira, both of them having been very quiet, but not in an uncomfortable sense, she is sure :: SCI: So, how was Risa?

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

XO: It was quite relaxing. And how was your vacation? :: ah, the turn to the most awkward part of being in an unpowered ship: the conversation that always end up semi-awkward for at least one party ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

@<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

MCS: I find myself despair at Starfleet sometimes. Th

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

SCI: Relaxing, except for the unfortunate news. There was time at the beach, in the surf, on the hiking trails.

 

<LO_LCdr_Wright>

@FCS

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

XO: Agreed. The news was rather unexpected and concerning, although it seems to have settled over for the most part.

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

*CO* Stop gap pathways programmed...re-routing now, sir.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

@<MCS_LtJG_Sarissa>

ECS: I think we all do.

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

:: quietly :: SCI: We shall see.

 

<LO_LCdr_Wright>

@ FCS:  So you think you'll mostly be flying the Sprite on this mission?

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

:: Nervously checks whether that partial power includes sickbay. ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

@<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

MCS: It's not as honourable and positive as it used to be....

 

ACTION>

Power starts to come back on, hesitantly at first.

 

<FCS_Cdr_Harper>

@ LO: I do not know. I have been practicing remotely controlling the Sprite to prepare for all possibilities.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

@<MCS_LtJG_Sarissa>

ECS: I agree. The Starfleet that my grandfather always spoke about was proud and upbeat, now we have a mildly depressed group of people who've seen far too much combat, in my opinion.

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

:: attention drawn to the nearest electronic light hopefully ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: is the power finally coming back on? Because she probably has to go fix this relay again ::

 

ACTION>

Although it was hesitant at first, the lights and such spread through the ship, and there was much rejoicing.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

@<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

::Looks down at his hand.:: MCS: Yeah. You could say that.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: doesn't comment as she collects her toolkit and heads out to check up on that relay. Again ::

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

*CEO* Hey hey, looks like you got it.

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

:: watches T'Lira leave and waits, monitoring the half-powered console ::

 

<LO_LCdr_Wright>

@ FCS: I have high hopes that we'll both get to stay on the Sprite.  That's where we'll be most useful, right?

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

@<MCS_LtJG_Sarissa>

ECS: Which is why I'm a counselor as well as a doctor. Someone has to keep an eye on physical and mental health around here!

 

<Zaxiven>

:: looks up at the backbar, sets down his inventory list, and picks up another PADD that has designs for a whole new look in Ten Forward with a HUGE backbar and fog effects in various places along the bar. He smiles to himself as he moves things around on the PADD to his liking ::

 

<FCS_Cdr_Harper>

@ LO: I would think, since we are not primarily combat-oriented.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Walks up behind the Admiral:: CO: Sir the door opens now, oh and you have something on your left shoulder

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

:: Lets out a relieved breath. :: *CO* Good, good.  Well, fortunately we're not hurting for labor or spare parts.  We'll have everything repaired and reinforced within 2 hours.  And, for what it's worth, that junction blew AFTER carrying 70% over what I'd have called its maximum load 2 months ago.

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

:: looks at his shoulder through skeptical eyes ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: ah, this relay looks to be in mild disarray but a quick fix. ::

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

::Hits the hypo spray on the neck:: CO: Thank you for completing your physical and vaccinations sir

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

CO: Have a nice day

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

*CEO* It's understandable. The ship's bypass HEY

 

<LO_LCdr_Wright>

@ :: nods against Kate's shoulder ::  FCS:  Makes sense to me.  I'm here to do my duty, but I'll be happy when this is over and done with.

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

MED: Doctor!

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

CO: Admiral

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

@<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

::Laughs:: MCS: You'll have fun with out CO then... But they've got me as the teams engineer... but I'm not an engineer.

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

MED: Never inject me with anything without permission. Or scan me. Or look at me, goddamn. :: walks out of sickbay ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

@<MCS_LtJG_Sarissa>

ECS: As long as the CO actually listens to my medical advice, all will be well. If not, this could be a problem.

 

<FCS_Cdr_Harper>

@ LO: So will I, Lexy. It feels... hollow.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

@<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

MCS: I'm a tinkerer at best. I'm a fighter.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

@<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

MCS: He wont.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

CO: Understood sir. :: Watches as he walks out, feeling releived he didnt get hit::

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

:: always had a distrust of doctors, but that sure didn't help any ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

@<MCS_LtJG_Sarissa>

ECS: I suppose this is the part where I should be grateful that I know how to nerve pinch someone. I should probably practice with these suits...

 

<LO_LCdr_Wright>

@ :: squeezes Kate's hand and snuggles up against her, listening to the waves crashing ashore as a light breeze toys with their hair ::

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

*CEO* A little too late on the liberation from the doctors I was trapped with, but thank you again.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

@<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

MCS: I probably wont... no offense to you. I dont do doctors.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: completes the basic repairs and returns to the science lab :: XO: I believe power should be running sufficiently.

 

<XO_Capt_TKirr>

*SCI* It appears so. For now.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

@<ECS_LtJG_Douglas>

MCS: I run officer training on Hyperion. I can teach you, if you want.

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

*CO* You're welcome.  And...sorry, sir.  Even though I won't know until I do some tests whether the problem was user error or a factory defect.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

@<MCS_LtJG_Sarissa>

ECS: Like I said, I know how to nerve pinch. It tends to help with the difficult ones. :: smiles ::

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: nods and goes to presumably return to tools... with a detour by Sickbay first ::

 

<CO_VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage