Station Sigma Rho - 11403.15, Mission #4

"Criminality"


Mission Summary

Sigma Rho, Mission #4

Ensign Jensen is about to get everyone blown up. But at least they caught the bad guys.

 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Begin Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

ACTION: The timer on the bomb stops, and doesn't start again.

 

<@XO_LtCmdr_Sumner> ::waits calmly, still wearing her assuring smile::

<+CSO_LtJG_Sutak> ::Taps at his console:: aOPS: Ensure emergency forcefields are ready in the event of an explosion.

<+ENG_Ens_Jensen> ::Checks the device to see if he can safely remove the timer and start defusing the situation::

<+ENG_Ens_Jensen> *XO*  Sir, uh, were good down here.

<+ENG_Ens_Jensen> ::Stands up, looks over his shoulder at the others, feels a bit woozy...and passes out::

<@XO_LtCmdr_Sumner> ::looks around and beams:: *ENG*: Well done, Mr. Jensen. Please see that the explosive portions of the bomb are safely disposed of. ::waits for a reply::

<@XO_LtCmdr_Sumner> ::quirks an eyebrow:: *ENG*: Mr. Jensen?

<Constable_Willis> ::winces slightly, then goes to check on the heroic Ensign::

<Contable_Willis> *XO*: Sir, Ensign Jensen is unconcious. I think it was a bit much...to be honest, we're all sweating down here.

<+AUX_Hadrian_Sulfrek> *XO* Hello there, I don’t mean to be a bother but the lights keep flickering in my quarters and all the repair teams are busy. What exactly is happening? This is no way to run a station.

<+CSO_LtJG_Sutak> ::Looks curiously at the XO, overhearing her comm traffic::

<@XO_LtCmdr_Sumner> *Constable*: Understood. Please see that he's taken to Sickbay, and ensure our would-be saboteur is secured.

<@XO_LtCmdr_Sumner> ::glances to Sutak as she switches channels:: *AUX*: Who may I ask is speaking?

 

ACTION: The security team start dismantling the bomb and transporting everything into secure evidence holding, while Willis gently slaps Jensen until he comes around.

 

<+ENG_Ens_Jensen> ::Slowly revives:: Willis: are we dead?

<+CSO_LtJG_Sutak> TAC: Cadet, what is the status of the device? ::He continues attempting to refine the transporters lock on it::

<Constable_Willis> ENG: Not yet we're not. Come on, sir. Let's get you up. ::slips his arm under Jensen's shoulders to help him up::

<+AUX_Hadrian_Sulfrek> *XO* This is Hadrian Sulfrek, your friendly casino owner and operator who currently is getting a headache over these lights of yours.

<+ENG_Ens_Jensen> ::Submits to the assistance and gets to his feet::

<+ENG_Ens_Jensen> ::Pulls away when he sees security doing his job:: SEC: Hey, be careful with that stuff...it's dangerous, ya know.

<@XO_LtCmdr_Sumner> ::frowns some:: *AUX*: We've been dealing with a saboteur, Mr. Sulfrek. The damage will be repaired as soon as possible. You'll be allowed to leave your quarters shortly.

<@XO_LtCmdr_Sumner> ::turns to the TAC:: TAC: Cadet, please report to the brig. We need to know what our guest knows, especially if they had any other help.

<+ENG_Ens_Jensen> *XO* This is Jensen, sir, I think the situation down here is under control.  I'll make sure this stuff goes in to lockdown.

<+AUX_Hadrian_Sulfrek> *XO* I see, well that explains why my door isn’t working. Best of luck doing whatever you’re all doing wherever you’re doing it.

<+CSO_LtJG_Sutak> ::Continues scanning for any more Ultritium traces onboard the station::

<@XO_LtCmdr_Sumner> *ENG*: Thank you, Mr. Jensen. Excellent work, again. When you're done, get your teams to work repairing the damaged sections, and then take a break.

<+TAC_Cdt_Calverian> XO: Right away Captain. ::She heads off towards the brig, her heart thumping in her chest::

<+ENG_Ens_Jensen> *XO*  Will do, sir, Jensen out.

<@XO_LtCmdr_Sumner> ::turns towards Sutak:: CSO: Feeling better, Mr. Sutak?

<+CSO_LtJG_Sutak> ::Looks to Sumner with a solemn look:: XO: I feel no different than before the situation occurred, Lieutenant Commander. ::he returns to his scans:: XO: The Ultritium readings from the device have gone inert. I am no longer detecting any additional Ultritium readings.

<+AUX_Hadrian_Sulfrek> :: Tries his door again. A security lockdown notification appears. :: Self: I swear this is the height of rudeness.  

<@XO_LtCmdr_Sumner> ::nods:: CSO: Good. Good work today, Mr. Sutak.

<+ENG_Ens_Jensen> ::Taps com badge::  *Station-Wide*: Attention, all engineerign personell.  Meeting in five in Main Engineering.

<+CSO_LtJG_Sutak> ::nods to his First Officer.:: XO: I would like to complete a full sensor sweep of the station before removing the lockdown at Tactical's discretion, I should only need a moment. ::Finalizes his internal sensor sweep of the station::

<+ENG_Ens_Jensen> ::Verifies that explosives are secure and then heads wearily toward engineering::

<@XO_LtCmdr_Sumner> ::turns to aOPS:: aOPS: Lift the security lockdown for non-Minotuar personnel. Maintain the freeze on ship movement, however, until we hear from Calverian.

<+AUX_Hadrian_Sulfrek> :: Begins fiddling with the locking mechanism, but before he can get very far the door opens :: Self: Ah well there we go.

<@XO_LtCmdr_Sumner> CSO: We'll keep the non-injured Minotaur crew on ice until we know more, just as a precaution.

<Constable_W'ren> ::see's Calverian come in:: TAC: Cadet, the prisoner is in cell number four.

<+TAC_Cdt_Calverian> Constable: Thank you. ::walks hesitantely towards cell number four::

<+CSO_LtJG_Sutak> ::Nods:: XO: From an environental standpoint, the station is out of harm's way. ::Never breaks his eyes away from his console::

<+ENG_Ens_Jensen> ::Exits turbo lift into Main Engineering and surveys the team that has assembled::

<+TAC_Cdt_Calverian> ::takes a deep breath, opens the cell door and takes her first step inside::

<Constable_W'ren> ::moves over with phaser trained on the prisoner::

<@XO_LtCmdr_Sumner> ::sits down at the command table, thoroughly pleased about pretty much everything::

<~Jeol_Ali> ::scowls up at Calverian:: TAC: I guess you want to know why I did it?

<+TAC_Cdt_Calverian> Jeol: Of course

<~Jeol_Ali> ::folds her arms, sat on the cold bench:: TAC: You Federation types are all the same. Stomping in where you're not wanted, where you don't belong, enforcing your will!

<+AUX_Hadrian_Sulfrek> :: Hadrian arrives downstairs in Preator’s Palace. It is empty :: Self: All this nonsense isn’t exactly doing me any favors here is it.

<+TAC_Cdt_Calverian> ::takes a step back, not quite prepared for this kind of harshness::

<+TAC_Cdt_Calverian> Jeol: What we do.. we're helping others

<+ENG_Ens_Jensen> E-Team: Okay, guys, we've got major damage on level 4 and a lot of work to be done.  That being said, things could have been a lot worse.

<~Jeol_Ali> ::grins cruelly, pushing her advantage:: TAC: Go on, run back to your cosy Federation. Bajor doesn't need you, doesn't want you, and the New Kai won't stop until we're out from under your yoke!

<@XO_LtCmdr_Sumner> ::looks down at a console in the table, a message beeping:: CSO: Did you report yourself for using my first name?

<+TAC_Cdt_Calverian> ::gulps and tries to muster up some form of courage:: Jeol: need I remind you that you are on our ship, under our control, under our rules?

<~Jeol_Ali> ::grimaces:: TAC: Just like Bajor. Get out, I don't want to say anymore.

<+CSO_LtJG_Sutak> ::Turns to the XO:: XO: Sir, I would prefer not to discuss any official reprimands in shared company.

<+ENG_Ens_Jensen> ::Tries to clear the cobwebs of enormity of what just happened out of his head::  E-Team:  Assholes and elbows, men.  Let's get cracken.  ::Leads engineering team toward the damaged areas::

<@XO_LtCmdr_Sumner> ::fails to hide a grin as she deletes the report:: CSO: That's not something I'd reprimend, Lieutenant.

<+TAC_Cdt_Calverian> ::frowns dejectedly and storms out of the cell, pushing past the constable on her way::

<+AUX_Hadrian_Sulfrek> :: The new Orion bartender runs up to Hadrian yammering on about some sort of phaser battle on the promenade and how she’s been locked in the casino for an hour. :: Bartender: That’s great but could you get me a drink or something, I’ve been awake for almost 10 minutes.

<Constable> ::watches the cadet leave, then turns the forcefield back on and returns to his duties.

<+CSO_LtJG_Sutak> ::Turns back towards his console, unphased.::

 

ACTION: The next three days pass without much more incident. Level 4 is repaired nicely, the bomb is dismantled and the component parts reditributed or destroyed, and Jeol Ali is moved to a Penal Colony, ranting about the New Kai and Bajor's occupation at Federation hands. Some people just can't be helped.

 

<@XO_LtCmdr_Sumner> ::glances about Praetor's Palace, not having been in it much; she preferred the other two establishments::

<+CSO_LtJG_Sutak> ::Walks slowly along the promenade, the first time he's worn his bright white dress uniform since graduation. He slowly approaches the entrance to Praetor's Palace.::

 

ACTION: Kenrik puts one massive hand out to stop Sutak before he enters

 

<Kenrik> CSO: ID.

<+ENG_Ens_Jensen> ::Nervously pulls at the collar of his dress uniform as he enters Praetor's Palace::

<+ENG_Ens_Jensen> ::Stops behind Sutak, bumping him::

<+ENG_Ens_Jensen> Sutak:  Sorry

<+CSO_LtJG_Sutak> *TAC*: Security, please report to the entrance of Praetor's Palace. ::He stands quietly, not responding to the Cardassian at the door::

<+TAC_Cdt_Calverian> ::walks towards the bar still feeling ashamed at her slip up three days ago::

<+CSO_LtJG_Sutak> ::Nods to the Engineer as he passes, unhindered::

<@XO_LtCmdr_Sumner> ::frowns at the bouncer situation:: AUX: That's not necessary, is it?

<~Jeol_Ali> XO/CSO: Dose're da rules. What Mister Halfrek say, Kenrik does.

<+AUX_Hadrian_Sulfrek> ::Hadrian yells at Sutak and Kenrik from behind the bar. :: CSO: Sorry pal! Can’t be too careful! You can let him in Kenrik!

<Kenrik> ::nods to Mister Sulfrek and lets him pass::

<+CSO_LtJG_Sutak> ::Gives the tall Cardassian a whip of his eyebrow, the Vulcan middle finger, if you will, as he passes by::

<+ENG_Ens_Jensen> ::Follows the vulcan into the room, gancing nervously at the cardassian::

<+CSO_LtJG_Sutak> *TAC*: Strike my last, Security. Thank you. ::He walks to the bar and stares at Hadrian, quietly::

<+ENG_Ens_Jensen> Sutak:  Any idea what this is about?  Why are we meeting here?

<+AUX_Hadrian_Sulfrek> :: Amused, Hadrian thinks to himself how slightly worth it annoying that Vulcan was. ::

<+AUX_Hadrian_Sulfrek> CSO: No hard feelings eh pal? Gotta do those random checks every now and then. Can't have kids sneaking there way in here.

<+CSO_LtJG_Sutak> ENG: I haven't the slightest idea. ::Maintains his dull stare at Hadrian.::

<@XO_LtCmdr_Sumner> ::smiles some at the gathered, standing next to a table with a pair of small boxes and a PADD::

<+AUX_Hadrian_Sulfrek> CSO: Can I get you a drink? Some gambling chips?

<+CSO_LtJG_Sutak> ::Continues staring at Hadrian with deep empty eyes.:: AUX: ... ... No. ::He maintains eye contact and says nothing more. This might be what agitation looks like.::

<+TAC_Cdt_Calverian> ::heads inside the bar, wondering why she's been called here::

<@XO_LtCmdr_Sumner> ::lightly adjusts her dress uniform, not looking overly comfortable in it; she wishes she could just wear the fishnets::

<+AUX_Hadrian_Sulfrek> CSO: I hope my pal Kenrick didn’t bother you too much, he must have just picked up on your boyish charm and thought you were younger than you were.

<@XO_LtCmdr_Sumner> ::looks and sees that all are gathered:: ALL: Attention! ::smiles::

<+ENG_Ens_Jensen> ::Snaps to attention::

<+CSO_LtJG_Sutak> ::Turns away from the sickly Romulan and turns to his First Officer, standing at full attention.::

<+AUX_Hadrian_Sulfrek> ::Snaps to a sip of his drink::

<+TAC_Cdt_Calverian> ::looks up from where she's sitting::

<@XO_LtCmdr_Sumner> ::looks to Calverian:: TAC: Cadet, step forward, please.

<+TAC_Cdt_Calverian> ::eyes widen and she gets up rather shakely::

<+AUX_Hadrian_Sulfrek> ::Whispers to Sutak:: CSO: Hey buddy what’s going on.

<+CSO_LtJG_Sutak> ::Lets his eyes dart to the corner of his periphery, the annoying Romulan pecking at him during a ceremony? How rude.::

<+TAC_Cdt_Calverian> ::begins to go rather pale as she steps forward::

<@XO_LtCmdr_Sumner> ::picks up one of the small boxes from the table:: TAC: Cadet, you have shown yourself to be an able and responsible officer. Starfleet is proud to promote you to the rank of Ensign. ::grins as she presents the open box, a small gold pip displayed inside::

<+TAC_Cdt_Calverian> ::she feels her breath catch in her throat and a beaming smile emerges on her face::

<+AUX_Hadrian_Sulfrek> ::Whispers to Sutak again:: CSO: Oh wow does she outrank you now?

<+TAC_Cdt_Calverian> XO: T-Thank you. Thank you so much!

<@XO_LtCmdr_Sumner> TAC: Congratulations, Ensign. You've earned it. ::gives her the box, and extends a hand::

<+CSO_LtJG_Sutak> ::Begins clapping::

<+TAC_Cdt_Calverian> ::she reaches out and takes her superiors hand and gives it a firm shake::

<+ENG_Ens_Jensen> ::Belatedly joins the clapping::

<+CSO_LtJG_Sutak> ::Uses the overture of clapping to whisper to Hadrian in response:: AUX: Your attempts to annoy me will not succeed.

<@XO_LtCmdr_Sumner> ::nods, and waits for the applause to die down before continuing:: ENG: Mr. Jensen, please step forward. ::she picks up the second box::

<+AUX_Hadrian_Sulfrek> ::Whispers to Sutak yet again:: CSO: Are you sure you were supposed to clap there, it seemed out of place.

<+ENG_Ens_Jensen> ::Steps forward slowly, beads of sweat popping out on his forehead::

<@XO_LtCmdr_Sumner> ::smiles warmly:: ENG: Ensign. For your outstanding bravery in the face of extreme danger, and for saving the lives of both civilians and your fellow crew, Starfleet Command has seen fit to award you the Starfleet Decoration for Gallantry. ::opens the box to reveal a round medalian with a Starfleet emblem on it::

<+ENG_Ens_Jensen> ::Is astonished and at a loss for words::  XO:  Just, just doing my job, sir.

<@XO_LtCmdr_Sumner> ::smiles:: ENG: Above and beyond, Mr. Jensen. ::hands him the box:: Congratulations.

<+TAC_Cdt_Calverian> ::starts another round of clapping for Jensen::

<+CSO_LtJG_Sutak> ::Begins clapping for his friend, Jensen. He turns around at the waist, looking directly at Hadrian with a cold dead stare as he claps loudly and deliberately.::

<+ENG_Ens_Jensen> ::Beams as he takes the box::  XO:  Thank you, thank you very much sir.

<+AUX_Hadrian_Sulfrek> All: So how about a free spin at the dabo wheel for everyone!

<@XO_LtCmdr_Sumner> ::shakes Jensen's hand firmly::

<+ENG_Ens_Jensen> ::Returns hand shake gladly and vigorously::

<+AUX_Hadrian_Sulfrek> All: Or something of equal or lesser value!

<@XO_LtCmdr_Sumner> ::waits once more for the applause to die down, then continues:: ALL: You were all outstanding in your duty. You performed admirally in a highly chaotic situation, and saved hundreds of lives in the process. You should all be proud of your work.

<@XO_LtCmdr_Sumner> ALL: Finally, following the disappearance of Captain Idrani, I have been named the station's Commanding Officer. I want you all to know that I am proud to have you as my crew. I'm sure we'll do great work in the coming months. ::grins:: And with that, have fun; this is a celebration, after all.

<+ENG_Ens_Jensen> AUX:  Beer me!

<+CSO_LtJG_Sutak> ::Sutak stops clapping in shock, his jaw might have even come unslacked a millimeter or two.::

<@XO_LtCmdr_Sumner> ::does well to hide her own discomfort with that last bit::

<+AUX_Hadrian_Sulfrek> ENG: You got it pal! ::slides over random beer::

<+AUX_Hadrian_Sulfrek> ENG: Wait what did I slide you, I have no idea what that costs.

<+ENG_Ens_Jensen> AUX:  I'm pretty sure you said, on the house.

 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Pause Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage