U.S.S. Atlantis - 11508.26, Mission #1059

"To the Winds"


 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

@::hums quietly, chewing on the end of his stylus as he goes over the specifications for his new surgical suite - some of these parts are going to need to be ordered in::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: packing the last of his bag, tucking the book he finished away ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

# :: on the Jormungandr in her temp quarters, studying the Tzenkethi language ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

# :: makes several noises that sound like she's coughing up her intestines ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: stands out on the balcony overlooking the Risan south sea, her bags waiting by the door ::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Walking bags in one hand T'Lira in the other to the transport station::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: closes the bag and walks out onto the balcony wiht T'Kirr ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

#<ECS_Douglas>

::Overhears the sound of what seems to be either Tzenkethi, a dying equine or Hungarian.::

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

# :: on the Jormungandr in HER temporary quarters, going over her draft gear list for the 58th time, even though she's pretty much got it memorized by now. ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

# :: hisses and spits ::

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: The Cruise Ship had returned to port and Randen walks off the ship and down the ramp with his duffle bag slung over his shoulder.  He smells the beach air.  His PADD beeps with a message to pack up and get ready to leave. ::  Talk about timing...

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: listens to the waves, takes in the fresh salty air, and commits it to memory ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

#<ECS_Douglas>

Self: That's nice?

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: muses on what she could possibly do when they return to the Atlantis ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: puts an arm around her :: Nice while it lasted.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

# :: goes back to studying the script, that talking making her throat hurt ::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

@::frowns around his stylus, making a change as someone seems to have requisitioned a phaser emitter for his surgical suite:: Self: That'd end badly.

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

# :: can hear Kate hissing and spitting nearby, which pulls her out of her review of the specs of a Type IV Phased Compression Rifle ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Is immensely fumed about his cane. Is sat quietly thinking about it. How long he'd had it and who gave it to him.::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

Ian: Yes. It's time to get back to what we do best.

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Walks up to the transport chief and is asked to to identify:: Transport Chief: Ensign Slade USS Atlantis

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

T'Kirr: Aye, `tis.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

#<MCS_Sarissa>

:: wondering what in the names of Air and Fire sounds like a dying sehlat right now ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

# :: looks up from the PADD full of Tzenkethi script and wonders if there's some place to get a drink for her sore throat around here ::

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

# :: puts her PADD down and walks over to where Kate is, wondering if she's coming across as clingy ::  Kate:  Knock knock?

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: Heads down to the transport station.  Sees Slade and goes to the transporter chief behind him. :: Cadet Randen, also of USS Atlantis.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

#<ECS_Douglas>

::Sits down on the floor and starts lighting candles in a circle around him. He opens the compartment on his arm, and pulls out the picture of his family when he was a kid, before placing it on his lap and closing his eyes in meditation. He started chanting in a strange language to himself, the bass of his low hum carrying.::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: quietly observes the going ons of the transporter station :: Transport Chief: Lieutenant T'Lira. I am also from the USS Atlantis. We tend to arrive in small groups, as it seems. :: wonders if that poor attempt at humor will do anything ""

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

<::>

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

# Lexy: Come in!

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Chuckles, and steps up on to the transport pad::

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

# :: Enters the room, looking a little sheepish ::  Kate:  If I go over that gear list one more time, my head is going to explode.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

#<MCS_Sarissa>

:: decides to take this bottle of nice kali-fal to whatever passes for a bar around here and stare at the stars for a bit. That's always nice. ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

# Lexy: If I try to speak any more Tzenkethi, I am going to cough up my triffoo.

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

# Kate:  What's a triffoo?

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

@::sends off the requisition, placing the PADD down then rubbing his eyes with a quiet groan. Slowly, he pushes himself up and slips out of the non-existant door to his offlice, glancing around at the wreck his Sickbay has become:: Tech: Is it just me or is this worse that it was this morning? I swear at least one of the beds was up...

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

# Something you do not want to cough up.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: follows Tyler onto the pad and waits for beam up ::

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

:: Leading a small retinue of Vinland engineers through Deck 22, who frantically make note of his various observations on the move. :: That support pylon failed its last stress test.  And I've had enough "interesting" at this job to last me 3 careers!  Let's not add a deuterium spill to the list!

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

# :: nods slowly, thinking to look it up later.  One of those differences in Risan/Human anatomy. ::  Kate:  So it sounds like we both need a break.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

#<ECS_Douglas>

::On a number of mumbled words it is easy to tell it is some form of Klingon. He reaches for his sword, and upon finding and usheathing it; he balances the blade on his hand, and continues with his chant.::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

@<Tech_Barnes>

::laughs quietly, looking a little embarassed>

CMO: About that...turns out we rigged the polarity on the bio-neural couplings the wrong way round and....well, you're gonna need a couple of new units.

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

@::just sighs, walking past the Tech to find a console that's working::

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: Also steps onto the pad. ::  MED: How was your vacation?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Lexy: Yes! A Drink!

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

# :: stands and leaves the Tzenkethi scribblings behind ::

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

Kate:  Okay, a drink would work.  Think this ship has a lounge?

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Waits to disapear in sparkling light::

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

# ^

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

#Lexy: It must. Let us go find it.

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

# :: moves as if to follow Kate, grabbing and squeezing her hand quickly before letting it drop ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

# :: turns and smiles at her as they walk ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

#<MCS_Sarissa>

:: is rather enjoying the view of the stars. Hopefully, she doesn't get any jitters before this mission. Or she's screwed for this one ::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

@::checks on the status of the internal sensors, beginning the slow and tedious job of routing each of the nodes with his biosigns monitors, wondering when the rest of the medical team are getting here so that he can delegate again::

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

:: Looks back at one of the aides::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: takes a deep breath of sea air, relishing the fresh air one more time before it's back to recycled ::

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

Tech: What's the word on the force field power fluctuations on deck 9?

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: Prepares himself for the tingly sensation of being taken apart, his atoms sent a great distance to be reassembled on the other end.  These things always made him slightly axious. ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: peers at Ian :: Ian: Time to go?

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

#<ECS_Douglas>

::Is struggling to focus. The unfamiliar rumble of the ship and the room layout. The blade slips off his hand, cutting it on the side as it went.:: Self: Ow... ::Opens eyes and grumbles.::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: the transporter activates, sending its passengers up into space and the dock ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

T'Kirr: Yes, it is.

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

:: walks next to Kate through the halls of the Jormungandr, looking around with interest at the unfamiliar ship and unfamiliar people ::

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

# ^

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

#<Crewman Jones>

Um...they chased that down to a dirty connection on a power tap, sir.  It's been replaced.  Emergency bulkheads can be released pending your say so.

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: leads the way back into the suite ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

# :: stops as she finds a door :: The World Serpent. Sounds like a bar to me.

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: Looks at his limbs to ensure he was reassembled correctly.  Satisfied he steps off the pad. ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: grabs both of their bags ::

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

# Kate:  I'm sensing a very Nordic theme here.

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

Jones: Consider it given.  But pass the word, I want everyone working on that deck issued breathing apparatus and emergency transport beacons for the next 48 hours. I'm exercising my professional paranoia on this one!

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Takes T'Lira's hand and the bags:: SCI: Your quarters or mine?

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

@::sighs, rubbing his eyes again and wondering for a moment when his last round of sleep was. Logging off the monitor before it decides to break, he steps out of the Sickbay, slipping around the one broken door, and making his way to a Turbolift::

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

# Lexy: It fits. :: goes on through ::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

@TL: Bridge. ::rests his hand on the bar, leaning against it::

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

# :: follows her, looking around the interior ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: does one more look around to make sure they haven't forgotten anything, then heads out the door ::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

@::looks upwards for some reason as the Turbolift does exactly nothing:: TL: Bridge!

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: lets Ian do the heavy lifting and walks with him through the hotel ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

MED: I recommend we travel to the cruise ship as soon as possible. It would not do to be late. :: wonders what inane sense of humor made her say something like that. Bad timing, indeed ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

#<ECS_Douglas>

::Sucks the blood off the wound, then cleans the blade off.:: Self: Bastard. I suppose that means I a pint then... ::Quickly wraps up the cut and dons his uniform jacket. Grabbing his PADD before leaving his quarters for a wander.::

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: Makes his way to his quarters in no particular hurry.  Once there he sees the disarray his roommate left the place.  He just tosses his bag on his bunk. :: That I did not miss...

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

# :: heads up to the bar ::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

@::sighs, tapping his comm badge:: *Engineering*: Engineering. This is Doctor Kymar, I'm in Turbolift sixteen off of Deck seven - it's not going anywhere.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

SCI: Indeed :: Begins heading for the ship::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

<JackCahalan>

:: is sitting in the hotel lobby in a Hawaiian shirt, drinking ::

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

# :: also makes her way to the bar, trying super hard not to be clingy but maybe failing just a little ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

<JackCahalan>

:: sees Ian and T'Kirr :: Ian! T'Kirr!

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

#<MCS_Sarissa>

:: kinda sorta casually watches the flow of people and trying to keep a lid on what emotional states she does and doesn't pick up on. Optimism, yes. Pessimism, no ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Jack! Fancy meeting you here. About ready to head back?

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: goes along and remembers where the quiet parts of the ship are. And not to use a PADD this time. That was a large mistake on her part ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: turns, notices Jack, and walks over to him with Ian ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

# :: starts off with something easy, just a margarita ::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

SCI: Where would you like to make camp on this journey?

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

#<ECS_Douglas>

::The Jörmungandr is massive, but studying the deck plan and his built-in bar detector, he quickly find The World Serpent.:: Self: I dig the name.

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: Goes to the TL and hits the button to call it.  Nothing.  Hits the button again.  Still nothing. :: This is going to be a long day...

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

<Lt. Price>

*CMO* Engineering here, Commander.  Calling up schematics...sixteen, was it?

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

<JackCahalan>

:: flashes his patented smile to T'Kirr, then back to Ian :: I'm not going back, Ian.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

<Griff>

::slowly takes a long draw of the amber-coloured bitter in his glass, letting out a deeply contented sigh as he places the mug back on the counter::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

MED: Perhaps in one of the quieter dining areas. The larger main areas are incredibly loud. It surprises me that those people seem to not like to hear themselves think.

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

# :: also orders a margarita - she liked that, last time - and looks around the bar, noting an interesting-looking woman near the window and recognizing her from her personnel file ::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

@::raises his hand to his mouth and stifles a yawn:: *Price*: I think so, I'm still getting used to the specs. Whichever the turbolift is off of Main Sickbay.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: taken back ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

#<MCS_Sarissa>

:: uses one of the old tricks she learned to regulate what she senses. One star... two star... three star... okay, this is really not working ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

<JackCahalan>

That was a bit of a close call, I admit, but even had it not been, I think it's time for me to move on.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

SCI: I will follow you.....Anywhere :: He said with a smile::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: hopes that she's hiding this awkward flush well enough :: MED: I am... unsure how to respond.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Wow, Jack, alright. You'll be missed, old buddy.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

#<Griff>

::turns in his seat and takes a look around, enjoying the quiet, relaxed atmosphere of The World Serpent, blending into the crowd like another member of the crew::

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

<Price>

*CMO* Yeeeeah, the anti-grav strips have been powered down for that unit.  The Chief's authorization will re-activate them, but I don't think you'd thank him for it.  Sixteen's access to the main lift passages goes through a depressurized section.  And those cars are NOT enviro sealed.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

#<ECS_Douglas>

::Strolls in, doing a quick head count as he reached the bar.:: BT: Do you have any bitter? Or lager? Or beer? Or even a good old fashioned bit of ale?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

# :: drinks and then takes a look around to see who's there :

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: feels a sense of loss of Jack, but doesn't show it much ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

<JackCahalan>

Besides... :: sly grin :: I met someone while we were here.

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

# :: also recognizes Griff from their previous communication, and Douglas from his personnel file ::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

#<Griff>::leans back on the bar, glancing over at Soule:: ECS: Try the Brains.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

SCI: Which dining area my dear?

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

#<MCS_Sarissa>

:: pours another glass of kali-fal and stashes the bottle back beneath her seat. Nobody needs to know... ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: gives him a friendly clap on the shoulder :: You did?! That's great!

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

@::sighs, nodding to himself:: *Price*: Understood. I need access to the Bridge, is there a route that won't blow me out into space?

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

MED: The one we were in on the last trip was rather enjoyable. Perhaps a return trip is in order?

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

<Price>*CMO* You can bypass by taking 13.  Exit back out of that lift, turn a right, forward two intersections, and it's the one on your left.  Sorry for the inconvenience, sir.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

<@>

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

SCI: Lets get going then

<VAdmBlackthorne>

<JackCahalan>

Yes, one of the native women, from the real culture like Kathryn. She and I, well, I'd like to see where this goes.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Glances over at the man, instantly recognising him.:: Griff: You must be Captain ::Welsh accent.:: Rhodri Llewellyn Griffiths?

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

#<ECS_Douglas>

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

@::smiles, nodding again:: *Price*: Music to my ears, thank you. If you stop by Sickbay anytime I'll make sure they hook you up with the good stuff. ::steps out of the Turbolift and makes his way along the corridor::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: heads off to the same dining room as last time ::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Follows::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

#<ECS_Douglas>

::Normal accent.:: Griff: Pleasure to meet you sir.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

I'm happy for you, really. Will you at least come to the re-launch party when we have one?

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

# :: watching the conversation between Douglas and Griff like tennis ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

<JackCahalan>

Wouldn't miss it!

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

#<Griff>

ECS: That's what my mam calls me. ::sticks out one hand, turning in his seat:: Douglas, right? Hyperion?

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

<Price>*CMO* ::Complete deadpan::  Well, thank the Great Bird I came back off leave two weeks early for this, then.  Safe travels, Commander.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

I'll look forward to it, then. I'll really miss you, man. You helped make it all bearable.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

@::chuckles:: *Price*: Sounds like you need it. Take care, Engineering! ::taps his comm badge and slips into the other Turbolift, needing to push the door to get it all of the way open this time:: TL: Bridge. Again.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

#<ECS_Douglas>

::Shakes Griffs hand, making note to do it with his right hand.:: Griff: Ooo arrrr, that be me sir. BT: A pint of Brains then please.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

<JackCahalan>

Thanks, Ian. I'll let you two get on your way, and I'll see you around the galaxy. In the meantime, I have a Risan lady to meet for lunch.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: gives Jack a firm handshake ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: bows her head slightly to Jack :: Peace and long life to you, Mr. Cahalan.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

<JackCahalan>

:: offers her a Vulcan salute :: Live Long and Prosper, T'Kirr.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

#<MCS_Sarissa>

:: looks around and finds a lot of semi-familiar faces from the personnel files she read just before getting here. Wow, this is just over half of the crowd. They do get here fast ::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

#<Griff>

::wonders briefly if he's part of some kind of sketch or skit, shaking Douglas' hand before turning back to his own drink and taking another sip::

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: hoists her bags and they exit ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: and his bags, too ::

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

:: Reviews the reports before him, nods, and takes a deep breath. ::  All: Ladies and gentlemen, your attention for a moment, please!  Nobody wants to say it, of course, but let's face it.  None of you wanted this assignment.  Bowels of the ship, turbolift maintenence and deuterium storage.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

# :: sips at her margarita and licks off some salt ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

T'Kirr: Damn.

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: sits in the dining room Slade and T'Lira are headed for, a family-size salad in a bowl in front of her on a table ::

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

# :: steps around Kate to where Griff and Douglas are and offers her hand ::  Griff and Douglas:  It's a pleasure to meet you both in person, Captain Griffiths.  Lieutenant Douglas.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

#<ECS_Douglas>

::Takes the mighty pint given to him, tipping the glass to the captain, he wanders off to the window, to mumble to himself.::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

# :: follows Lexy around, spinning on the barstool ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: catches sight of Kuari as they enter :: SEC: Greetings, Lieutenant. How are you today?

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

All: Half the time, folks up on the bridge probably forget this place even exists!  You probably wondered whether you'd pissed someone off, or you were being lobbed a softball because someone thought you were an idiot.  But you didn't let that get you down!  In fact, you bared your teeth, and took up the challenge!  That's what being a real engineer is all

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

about!

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

@::steps off the Turbolift onto the Bridge, finding the place empty and quiet:: Self: Just the way I like it. ::steps down to the command deck, running his hand along the console before he makes his way across to the Science monitors and continues hooking up the life support monitors::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

::Smiles and nods to the dragon::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

#<MCS_Sarissa>

:: goes to refill her glass and realizes that her formerly half-empty bottle from the last time she was here is now empty and it was the only one she brought. Off to the bar it is... ::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: grins broadly to T'Lira :: Hello, T'Lira! Slade! I'm not in jail, so today is a good day.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

#<Griff>

::smiles widely and raises his glass as Wright comes on over:: CSO: Commander, I'm glad you made it. It's good to finally meet you in person - I trust the trip was less eventful after I spoke to you last?

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

SEC: Agreed. That is always a bonus to any day.

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

All: Well, you nailed it.  You've pulled ahead a full day on anyone else for getting this entire deck wired in and ready to go!  And that's working in pressure suits for much of it!  Keep it up, and drinks are on me!  That is all!

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Laughs:: SEC: I agree lieutenant

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

# :: nods ::  Griff:  It was.  May I introduce Commander Harper

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

# :: smiles pleasantly :: Nice to meet you, Captain.

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: makes it to the transporter hub ::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: indicates the table :: Slade, T'Lira: Would you like to join me?

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

#<ECS_Douglas>

::Realises someone was talking to him, and walks backwards in his footsteps.:: Wright: I apologise. Pleased to meet you Leftenant Commander. ::Holds hand out, forgets it's his left before awkwardly shifting it to his right hand.::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

#<Griff>

::chuckles, nodding and raising his glass just past Wright:: NAV/CSO: And you, Commander. I see you both managed to find The World Serpent. You should have seen it a month ago, it looked out onto vacuum.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

#<MCS_Sarissa>

:: reaches the bar and taps it once :: BT: Hi! What's the most interesting drink you've got? :: puts on a huge smile and hopes she can charm this one into mixing up something decent but not too strong. Some bartenders are a tad heavy-handed ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

Ian: Jack's leaving is...unfortunate for us, but it is good that he's happy.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Looks to T'Lira for an answer::

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

SEC: That would be quite agreeable. :: appreciates anyone who can enjoy a good salad on occasion that isn't a Vulcan ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

T'Kirr: Yeah. I'll really miss him.  :: enters the transporter hub ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

# Griff: Certainly an improvement, then!

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

# :: shakes Douglas' hand with a grin ::  ECS:  Thanks for coming back, Lieutenant.

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: arches her neck and begins to munch on the salad like a horse out of a feed bag ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: presents their credentials and they beam up ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

T'Kirr: He was a constant through the thick of it, even :; chuckles :: even getting those invading Klingons too drunk to hold him captive in Ten Forward!

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

#<Griff>

::chuckles quietly, taking another long draw of his beer:: NAV: Somewhat! ::turns in his seat again:: BT: Allan, let's get a round of Serpents for everyone, yeah? Show some Jormungandr hospitality.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

#<ECS_Douglas>

Wright: I ummm... I do really do the lounge back on Hyperion, not used to people approaching me.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

#<MCS_Sarissa>

:: manages to get a decent drink and sits at the bar, wondering how to initiate a conversation with any of the people nearby, to practice judging psychological states. ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

<i don't really>

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

#<BT_Allan>

::nods to the Captain and begins whipping up the signature World Serpent cocktail, a blue-green mixture in a long, spiraled glass::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Sits and begins picking the mushrooms from the salad::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

Ian: That is the word for what he was: a constant. He will be missed.

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

# ECS:  It's quite alright.  The lounge isn't my regular scene, either.  :: sips at her margarita ::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: rolls a big eye up towards Slade, who's picking at her salad ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: heading toward the cruise ship :: T'Kirr: But to be a civilian, out there with us for as long as he was, putting his ass on the line... can't ask for anymore of the guy. He's earned a break.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

#<ECS_Douglas>

Wright: You're from the Atlantis right?

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: is mildly amused by this :: MED: It is clear that you enjoy mushrooms.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

# Griff: Serpents? :: perks back around to Douglas the mention of the Atlantis ::

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

# :: nods ::  ECS:  Yes, both Commander Harper and I.  :: points over her shoulder at Harper directly behind her ::  ECS:  And you're from the....  Hyperion, right?  :: winces in anticipation of getting it wrong ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

# :: smiles at Douglas in greeting ::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Notices that he is being watched:: SCI, SEC: I apologize that is terribly rude, i was.... nevermind please excuse me. :: Stops picking at the salad::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

#<ECS_Douglas>

::Nods at the question, and smiles back at Harper.:: NAV&CSO: Do you work Ilaihr at all?

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

:: Dismisses the scribes, and takes a working turbolift for one of the workerbee storage pods.  He needs to go EVA, and stress test a few sections of newly installed hull plating with a low power phaser emitter.  Not QUITE as fun as it sounds, after how close the ship came to ACTUALLY getting shot out from under them, but at least it's a moment to himself.::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

#<Griff>

::passes along one of the spiralled glasses to Harper, moving another two over to Wright and Douglas before taking one himself:: NAV: Allan here whips up one hell of a drink. And a story to go with it, although he needs a few himself before he starts on that. ::flashes the Bartender a grin::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

# :: eyes the glass :

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: wonders if she said something wrong or what just happened there. ::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: pulls her head out of the bowl and swallows :: Slade: That's okay, I can share. I was just surprised. Most people I meet aren't into sharing their food. :: noses the bowl towards Slade ::

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

# :: sets down the dregs of her margarita and pics up this new drink that Griff has slid toward her. ::  Griff:  This is quite aesthetically pleasing.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

#<ECS_Douglas>

::Beams down at the drink, and takes a sip. Eyes wobble a little bit, so he takes a very English gulp of his pint.::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

# Griff: I agree, very nice.  ECS: Yes, he is one of our Engineers.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: thinks about Jack having a break and how much she and Ian talked about *him* taking a break ::

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

# ECS:  And yes, I've worked with Ilaihr a couple times.  Nice gentleman.  Very dedicated to his work.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

NAV: Whats he like?... I mean on a Starfleet ship, I've wondered.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

@::hums to himself as he joins a couple of more nodes together, then begins testing the internal sensors deck by deck::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

::Takes one of the mushrooms and enjoys:: SEC: Thank you, I usually do not put my hands in others food. I do apologize, but thank you for the snack

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: They enter the cruise ship, leans down to whisper to T'Kirr :: Did you know.... him and Brooke Zuriyev, before she got with Alexi?

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

#<MCS_Sarissa>

:: takes a good swig of her drink just to gain some of that famous "liquid courage" people keep talking about in regards to alcohol and surveys the area for a person that looks vaguely familiar enough to talk to... Ah, there's one. When did he get here? Wow, she really wasn't paying attention. :: Griff: Oh, hello, Captain. I almost didn't see

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

you there!

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

#<ECS_Douglas>

::Laughs.:: CSO: I bet he's told you stories of his bledy ship.

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: looks up and out from the table :: Slade: Should I order more salad? Biped-sized, one for each of you?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

# ECS: Oh yes, he has. :: samples the serpent ::

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

# :: takes a sip of the fancy drink, finding it to be strong but quite pleasant ::  ECS:  Well, as I said, he's very dedicated to his work.  He takes good care of the ship.  And oh, yes, I've heard tales of Betty.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: perks eyebrow at Ian :: No. Really?

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

#<Griff>

MCS: Ah, Lieutenant Sarissa. Glad you could join us, come and sit, have a Serpent. ::shuffles over, offering her his seat, pre-warmed::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

SEC: I was just about too look at a menu

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

T'Kirr: Oh yes, you know him and the charm. She could actually keep up with him drinking, I hear.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

#<ECS_Douglas>

NAV: I have no idea why he does that. I remember Betty. She was a junker.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

# ECS: I will refrain from telling him that!  Griff: This.. what is this? It is wonderful!

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

# :: nods to Sarissa in greeting :

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

# :: sticks her hand toward Sarissa ::  MCS:  Pleased to meet you in person, Lieutenant.  :: ECS:  :: laughs :: Was she that bad?  He talks about that ship as if it were the most special ship in the galaxy.

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

#<MCS_Sarissa>

Griff: A Serpent? That's certainly a new name for any drink I've heard of. :: awkwardly slides over, hopefully this will end off in a good note, but who knows at this point. Ah, there's that inner Romulan pessimist ::

 

ACTION>

Everyone finally aboard, the cruise ship clears moorings and heads out into the black.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

#<MCS_Sarissa>

CSO: It's a pleasure to meet you too, Lieutenant Commander. :: accepts the handshake with a grin ::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

#<Griff>

::glances between Harper and Allan:: NAV: That's a good question, he's promised never to reveal the secret until his dying breath. But it is good! ::looks over at Sarissa with a smile, nodding:: MCS: There might be actual snake venom in there, so I hope you have your surgical kit.

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

# :: hearing Griff, looks at the drink in her hand with renewed skepticism ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

#<ECS_Douglas>

CSO: Yeah... I have no idea how it flew. It once clocked warp 9 on what his helmsman called a burn-out. I have no idea how the warp containment field didn't collapse.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

# :: offers a hand to Sarissa :: I am Kathryn Harper.

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

# ECS:  Maybe that just speaks to Ilaihr's skill as an engineer!

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

#<ECS_Douglas>

::Waves to Sarissa.:: Sarissa: Jolan Tru.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

#<MCS_Sarissa>

:: deadpan :: Griff: Damn, I knew I forgot something on the Sentinel. NAV: Hello! I'm Lieutenant Sarissa! :: accepts the handshake with that same grin. :: ECS: Jolan tru, Lieutenant. It's always good to get to know one's crewmates before launch and not after.

 

ACTION>

A few days later, but with no time lapse at all for those on the Jormungandr because reasons, the cruise ship slides through Vinland's spacedoors.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

NAV: You think that... but he's actually a lunatic, who has explored 'altered states of consciousness' far too often.

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

# ECM:  It seems like you know him pretty well.  How do you know him?

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

#::laughs softly and gets back to his drink, relaxing in the company of the crew while whispering under his breath:: Self: Tonight we drink, for tomorrow we may die. ::tilts his head back and drinks down the rest of his beer.

ACTION>

Atlantis is where we left her, but is unrecognizable. Most of her outer hull plating has been removed. Lots of forcefields keep atmosphere in parts of the ship, but many corridors are just blocked off at this time.

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

<ECS even>

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

MED: It is quite agreeable to be back to the Atlantis. At least now we can actually find something of purpose to work on while waiting for the refit to be complete.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

#<ECS_Douglas>

CSO: He got me out of a bind once... On the Gorn-Klingon border. Spent a few months on his ship.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

SCI: Agreed

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

# MCS: Nice to meet you, Lietuenant! :: takes another drink of the wonderful concoction ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: looks out a window at Atlantis ::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

@::finishes the calibrations of the internal sensors and goes through them all once again, deck by deck, pinpointing each lifesign working on every system::

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

# :: takes another long sip of her Serpent, the sound of Harper's voice behind her making her feel warm inside... though the drink was probably helping ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

#<ECS_Douglas>

MCS: Its a pleasure to meet you Leftenant.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

#<MCS_Sarissa>

:: tries this strange mix and rather enjoys it :: Self: I should find out the recipe for these. Maybe I can bribe the barkeep or something? :: grins at everyone ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: gazes at Atlantis, yet another sight she's not used to and won't see again for at least some time ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

# :: finishes the drink and asks for another ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

T'Kirr: Damn, look at her.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

<BT_Allan>

::pours another without a word, just a smile, each unmarked bottle containing a clear liquor that all combine when finished into a scale-patterned blue/black::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

# :: grins at the glass :: Allan: Thanks!

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

Ian: It's not a sight we often get to see.

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

# :: turns slightly and murmurs to Kate ::  Kate:  How is your triffoo now?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

# :: snickers :: Lexy: Well, I am not going to cough it up anymore, at least.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

T'Kirr: Thankfully.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

#<ECS_Douglas>

::Finishes his pint, and moves back to the sparkly twisty glass.::

 

ACTION>

The cruise ship docks.

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

# :: looks around and holds up her glass :: All:  To the successful completion of our mission.

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: waits in line at the airlock ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

# :: raises her glass ::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

#<Griff>

::smiles slightly, raising his glass:: CSO: I'll drink to that.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

#<ECS_Douglas>

All: Qapla! ::Raises glass.::

 

<Zaxiven>

:: steps off a transport from Earth and onto Starbase Vinland. These are the first couple days he's been in space for a very long time since he accepted that gig in Miami... twelve years ago. But when he received the communique from an old friend, he knew he had to come. Slowly, he is readjusting to his space legs :: Self : Yep. I can do this. :: As his transport approached, he had seen a lavish cruise ship off in the distance,

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

:: Having gotten word of the arrival, Quinn has changed into his proper uniform in preparation of the Admiral's inevitable inspection.  But he's still working all the same, outer jacket hanging over a half finished console until he needs it, installing housing for gel packs on deck 12.  Still, he waves at the cruise ship through a force field sealed gap in

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

the hull. ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: rises and snags her bag :: MED: Shall we return to the Atlantis?

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

SCI: I am right behind you

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: heads off towards the airlock, eager to return to work after such a long period of rest ::

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

# :: smiles around at everyone and drink, ignoring the nagging thought in the back of her mind that they might not all make it back from this. ::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

@::turns from the console, rubbing the sleep from his eyes yet again and stifling another yawn before he steps down onto the command deck, idling running his hand over the Captain's chair and staring out into the innards of Starbase Vinland through the viewscreen:: Self: I don't want to feel like I'm home...

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

T'Kirr: Well. She's certainly not herself, but she's still home. Shall we?

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

::follows::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

@::reaches up, touching the isolinear chip hanging around his neck, nestled under his teal shirt::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

Ian: I'm eager to assist in repairs.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

# :: takes another hearty drink of the Serpent for the toast ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

T'Kirr: Hell, so am I. It wasn't that long ago that I was an engineer, was it?

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

# :: that nagging thought makes her ponder getting a third drink, even though she knows with her alcohol tolerance that she probably should not. ::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

@::takes a seat on the arm of the chair, arms folded across his chest as he lets the dark thoughts run through his mind to tire themselves out::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

Ian: I suppose it depends on how you measure time as "long ago".

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

T'Kirr: I like that. :: picks up their bags ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

#<ECS_Douglas>

::Nods at Wright.:: CSO: My master always told me "Through courage and will, even fate cannot stand against you." We'll make it back. ::Finishes the twirly drink, and orders in another ale, in a stein hopefully.

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

# :: smiles at Douglas ::  ECS:  I like that.

 

<Zaxiven>

:: pulls out a note from his jacket's inner breast pocket... a note his friend told him he absolutely had to bring along, looking at the handwriting a moment, touching it with an almost reverence, before neatly folding it and putting it back in the same pocket. He looks up and around, and finding the airlock to which Atlantis is attached, heads that way. ::

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

:: Taps his comm badge. ::  *CMO* Quinn to bridge.  

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

#<ECS_Douglas>

CSO: He was a wise man; had a way with words. ::Smiles, hiding it's slump with a swig of ale.::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: heads out of the stateroom and toward the cruise ship's airlock ::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

@::is drawn out of his reverie, tapping his comm badge:: *CEO*: Kymar here, go ahead.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: finds a small crowd at the airlock and is mildly surprised by just how many people there are right now. Certainly far more than she expected there to be ::

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

# :: leans back in her chair ::

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

# :: finishes the last of her Serpent and looks down into the empty glass with a small sigh of disappointment ::  Bartender:  Can I get a glass of ice water, please?

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

*Kymar* Hey, Commander.  I just saw out my deluxe sized window that the Admiral's ship is arriving.  If I know him at all, he'll be eager to see his ship, and likely bring some company.  When he contacts you, I was hoping you wouldn't mind passing the word along.  I'd like to be there to welcome him back.  Let him see the ship's being taken good care of, no

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

matter how it looks at a glance.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

#<ECS_Douglas>

::Stares out the window whilst drinking his drink.:: Self: Everything's gonna get so familiar soon.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

# :: is not about to switch to water ::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

@::smiles to himself and nods:: *CEO*: Of course, I'll let you know as soon as he boards. ::pushes himself up, stifling a groan - he really needs to get back to the gym - and walks over to the Operations console:: If they just docked they'll probably be headed towards the airlock now.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

# MCS: You know, if you do bribe the recipe away, please share it.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

#<MCS_Sarissa>

NAV: Oh, I'd probably do that when i'm sober. Me trying to bribe anyone now would just make for a good show.

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

# :: thanks the bartender and sips at the cold water, her thoughts wandering to Kate as they often did ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

#<ECS_Douglas>

MCS: Ooh, I'd give you a couple of bottles of Romulan Ale for it.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: manages to exit the cruise ship with T'Kirr and their bags ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

# MCS: Good call. :: finishes that drink ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

#<MCS_Sarissa>

:: laughs :: ECS: I've got a great source of that on my own. However... I have been trying to find a couple of bottles of tequila. Some crazy doctor I knew at Medical said that they were a good idea to keep around for a bad day.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

@::slips into the chair at OPS, looking down at the console and his reflection in the dark glass before activating it and finding his way around the systems:: Self: I'm a Doctor, not a concierge.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

#<ECS_Douglas>

MCS: It's great isn't it. I have a couple of rare vintages. ::Laughs.:: But I could get a hold of Tequila.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

# :: sits back up at all the talk of liquor ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

#<MCS_Sarissa>

ECS: That would be very much appreciated.

 

<LCdr_Wolfe>

:: steps aboard Starbase Vinland from the same transport that carried that Denobulan from Earth, one of the last people off the ship. He looks around and sees the airlock where the Atlantis is parked, in pieces though it seems to be. Must have been a rough ride. He makes his way there, seeing a large group of people also headed that way from another airlock. ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

#<ECS_Douglas>

::Tips his drink to that.:: MCS: Also I assume you work with Hamlet.... Call him a Bas Alban next time you see him.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: steps off the airlock bridge and onto Atlantis, such as she is ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: enters Atlantis, already feeling home again ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

#<MCS_Sarissa>

ECS: That'll depend on whether or not I remember to when this is all over. I have no clue what that means and I don't think I'll ask right now.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

#<ECS_Douglas>

::Laughs, downs his drink and gets another.::

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

@::sees an alert pop up that the airlock is open and full of people, shrugging then logging off the console unneeded, working his butt into the seat for an unknown reason before getting back up and hitting his comm badge:: *CEO*: Kymar to Quinn. They've just arrived, Lieutenant.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

T'Kirr: I suppose Quinn would be the logical first stop. :: finds a Crewman, who he passes their bags off to with directions to take them to their temp quarters on Vinland ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

#<ECS_Douglas>

MCS: It's Scottish.

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

# :: only vaguely listening to the conversation around her, she is lost in thought about the mission ahead.  Maybe a third drink wouldn't be such a bad idea. ::

 

<LCdr_Wolfe>

:: steps through the airlock and aboard Atlantis, turning to the security officer at the airlock, holding out a PADD with his assignment papers and calling out in his British accent :: Security_Officer: Lieutenant Commander Wolfe. Permission to come aboard. :: It's not a question. ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

#<MCS_Sarissa>

ECS: Huh. That's a new language. I should study that one more. It wouldn't be such a bad idea, considering who else is on the Sentinel.

 

<CMO_Cmdr_Kymar>

::walks back up to his previous console, running his fingers over it for a moment before giving it a test:: Computer: Computer, transfer life support functions to the bridge. Medical Interface Kymar Zero One.

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

::Shrugging on his grey uniform jacket.:: *CMO* Acknowledged.  Thank you, sir.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage