U.S.S. Atlantis - 11508.19, Mission #1058

"To the Winds"


 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: in their hotel room, arguing with a comm terminal some more ::

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

:: in her room in the guest house, slowly packing her rucksack ::

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

:: Sits quietly wondering what can be done, knowing there is no option to be explored::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: silently debates the merits of possibly attempting to hack past the blackout ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: stands near Ian, listening to him argue ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: finishes packing her bag :: Lexy: I am going to head on out and talk to my parents. Join me when you are done?

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

Kate:  Sure.  I'll give you a few minutes.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: never replied to that email string from yesterday either. Plausible Deniability ::

 

<Miguel_Sanchez>

@::sits in the dedicated communications room of the USS Respite, shrugging in his uncomfortable uniform, as he gets yelled at by more people::

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SCI: Thought of any ideas?

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Is relaxing in a rather laid back looking pub; wooden finish and all. Sipping a warm cup of tea, sat back in the shadow of his booth, staring out the window at people pass by.::

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

:: Stares at here inquisitively::

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

:: spends some time straightening up the room and preening her uniform ::

 

<Miguel_Sanchez>

@*VAdm*: I am sorry, Admiral, i'm sure you of all people understand how restrictive regulations can be during times such as these. I've put in the application for your clearance as I said I would, that's the best I can do right now, Sir.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: abandons her line of thought :: aCMO: Perhaps a... walk about the town would provide more information.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: shoulders her rucksack, makes sure she isn't forgetting anything, and heads out of the guest house, past the pool and into the main house ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*Sanchez* You do know Admiral A.C. Zuriyev, right? Director of Alpha Quadrant Operations?

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SCI: We should ditch the uniforms though, I dont believe they will give us any help. Or at the very least wear them under something else

 

<Miguel_Sanchez>

@::nods as he replies to another communications request from the surface, shunting it to the Vogel:: *VAdm*: Of course, Sir. He was there the day I graduated from the Academy, Sir.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

aCMO: The uniforms could get us information from Starfleet Security, and also be a disruption. Perhaps wearing jackets other than the standard uniform jacket would be beneficial.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*Sanchez* Then you know that I report directly to him.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Rolik>

Kate: Kathryn, my girl. It has been wonderful having you home.

 

<Miguel_Sanchez>

@::continues to speak in a wonderfully respectful, entirely neutral, voice:: *VAdm*: I can see that in your file, Admiral. I don't have a record for him being on Risa though, Sir.

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

Jhnal>

 Kate:  You really must go so soon?  :: trying not to wring her hands ::

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

:: Nods and heads into the bedroom to get their jackets::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: smiles :: Rolik: It has been good to be home, Papa. Jhnal: I wish I did not have to, but duty calls.

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

Jhnal>

 :: scoops Kate into a hug ::  Kate:  Sometimes I get so worried about you out there!

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

::: squeezes her mother tightly :: Jhnal: I know you do, Mama. I... also know I was not the best daughter when I left for the Academy so long ago, never staying in touch, forgetting my roots. Not anymore, I promise.

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: Packs up his things into his duffle bag, remembering to grab his horga'hn as a souvenir. ::

 

ACTION>

Security officers surround each and every one of the consipirators from yesterday's coffee-shop meeting... except for Harper and Wright.

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

:: Returns with his jacket on and hands the jacket to T'Lira, as she grabs it pulling her into a kiss:: SCI: I know that its not ending so spectacular, but this is the best vacation I have ever had because it has been with you

 

ACTION>

Whether that's filing into hotel room, catching you on the street, whatever. You're under arrest, sucka!

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*Sanchez* I give up. I'll harass you more later.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: almost forgets to lift her eyebrow :: aCMO: I share a similar sentiment. :: pulls her jacket on ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Sips the rest of his tea and looks up at the security officer.:: Security: May I help you?

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: is lying down comfortably outside the pub Ilaihr's in, resting in a shadow along the side of the building where she can watch passers by ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Security Goons, all of them>

You're under arrest!

 

<Miguel_Sanchez>

@::nods to himself:: *VAdm*: Of course, Admiral. I hope you enjoy your stay on Risa, extended though it may be, and I hope I can be of help in the future. ::clicks off the comm, just as another comes in::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

T'Kirr: I was wrong about how I'll die. It'll be through bureaucracy.

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

Security Officers: Can we help you?

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: sighs ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

Security Officers: It is polite to knock first.

 

<Miguel_Sanchez>

@::looks into the face of another angry tourist:: *Comm*: Yes sir, this is the U.S.S. Resolve. No, I'm afraid all communications incoming and outgoing are halted for the moment.. Subspace messages will be relayed to you once service has been restored. No Sir, I can't say why, Starfleet regulations. I understand. Yes, this is my natural hair colour.

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: is effectively surrounded the pub alleyway :: SO: What?

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Goons>

Come with us.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: is so not in the mood for this and sits down :: aCMO: I suddenly do not feel like travelling at the moment

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Rolik>

Nonsense, girl. You just had to find yourself.

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

:: finishes straightening the room and packing her rucksack, she shoulders it and looks around with a sigh. ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

SO: I don't just come along with someone who demands it. What are the charges for my arrest first?

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

Goons: Sorry, we are not going anywhere until you identify yourself and the charge in which we are being detained

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: notes the security uniforms :: I have a right to know why before I come with you.

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

Jhnal>

 :: nods at Rolik ::  We know you love us, just as we love you.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: looks at her father over her mother's shoulder :: Both: Thank you. I love you too. I will let you know that we are safe as soon as I can, I promise.

 

<SEC_Wedge>

::folds his arms and generally looks intimidating:: Criminal Scum: Starfleet Security. You're being detained for questioning in an ongoing investigation. Your cooperation will see this taking a lot less time, I assure you.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

Ian: Do you have any other ideas? Or are we to wait patiently?

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

Jhnal>

 Kate: And it has been good to see you so happy!  This Lexy is good for you, maybe?  :: smiles ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Other Goons in Other Places>

:: echo those sentiments ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

SEC_Wedge: Yet you do not have the manners befitting a Starfleet officer. I recommend you knock. Even my son has far better manners than you.

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: goes quietly with Security, but she doesn't have to like it ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

T'Kirr: I guess so. I've never really run into this kind of thing since making Admiral.

 

<SEC_Wedge>

::glances at the Vulcan, his voice having that unmistakable quality of "Dull Cop":: SCI: Know a lot about Starfleet Officers, do you? Maybe because you've tried to kill one recently?

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: struggles with her fight or flight response :: Self: Security won't hurt me...I know how they're trained. I'll be fine...just don't make a fuss.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Jhnal: Yes, Mama... yes she really is.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

SEC_Wedge: It seems your eyesight has been impaired. I am a Starfleet officer. Kindly explain the charges levelled. After you leave, knock, and receive permission to enter.

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

:: finally wanders out of the guest house, past the pool, and quietly into the main house so as not to disturb the family ::

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SCI: Darling, I believe he said cooperation would help SEC_Wedge: If we are cooperating I suggest you not accuse anyone without knowing to whom you are talking, or evidence to support said claim

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

SO: Then it would be just as quick to ask your questions here and now then. ::Gestures to the opposite side of the booth.::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

aCMO: I do not wish to cooperate with someone who lacks manners.

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: tells herself if Security tries anything funny then she'll just simply eat them ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Goon Harassing Ilaihr>

You'll come with me either awake or stunned, your choice.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Waves the waiter over for a top up of tea.::

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SCI: I believe it would be beneficial to remain out of restraints SEC-Wedge: If we are cooperating we will walk with you, UNRESTRAINED. Non negotiable. Agreed?

 

<SEC_Wedge>

:;pulls himself up to his full, considerable height:; SCI/aCMO: I only see one uniform here, Ma'am, but I assure you I wouldn't be here without both authorisation and evidence. If you're Starfleet, you know all of the regulations, I'm just doing my job.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

SO: You would stun a frail old man? Well, that isn't very Starfleet is it?

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

aCMO: It will not harm him to at least knock. It is polite. SEC_Wedge: I will come with you. But you must step out and knock before reentering. It is not a difficult task.

 

<SEC_Wedge>

aCMO: Got a priority transport just waiting for all of us, okay? ::glances at T'Lira and shakes his head:: SCI: I've got Security clearance and authorisation, ma'am, you're just making this harder on yourself.

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SEC_Wedge: It would be quicker if you did what she asked, it is also your job to remain professional and respectful.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: puts on a Vulcan pouty face :: SEC_Wedge: It is polite and courteous to knock. It is all I ask.

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

:: Removes his jacket revealing his uniform::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Ilaihr Goon>

Get up. Now.

 

<SEC_Wedge>

aCMO: Actually it's my job to make sure that security is upheld and everyone is kept safe. ::pulls out a pait of isolinear tags in place of comm badges:: If you'll both put these on.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Rolik>

Speaking of Lexy, she should join us!

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: glances at the tags :: SEC_Wedge: It would be easier if you left and knocked. You can do so in the time it will take for us to put those on. :: doesn't bother to point out that she still has her commbadge on under her leather jacket. ::

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

:: pokes her head around the corner ::  Rolik:  I didn't want to intrude...

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Rolik>

You are not! Please, join us.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

SO: Unless you are charging me with something, then this is where we shall discuss matters. If you are charging me with something, then I will not talk with you without my legal representative.  

 

<SEC_Wedge>

::sighs, tapping his comm badge:: *Resolute*: Resolute this is Lieutenant Squires. Two suspects being detained for questions, uncooperative, prepare for transport. ::reaches out with his decidedly, deceptively, long reach and tags a chip on each::

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

:: enters the room, setting her rucksack next to Kate's on the floor ::  Jhnal & Rolik:  I wanted to thank you both very much for your hospitality.  I've really enjoyed getting to know you and your world, and I very much appreciate you opening your homes and lives to me.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: starts looking around at comm chatter that he probably shouldn't see, but he's cleared six ways from Sunday ::

 

ACTION: Almost immediately, T'Lira and Slade disappear in a shimmering blue light, reappearing around five seconds later in separate holding cells - looks like a Ship's brig.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Ilaihr Goon>

:: slaps a transporter tag onto Ilaihr ::

 

ACTION>

And seconds later, Ilaihr joins them.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

aCMO: He is a rude officer. I do not like him. I would rather have simply walked around him, but I will not stoop to his level of arrogance.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

Ian: Would that imply you've seen something like this before you made Admiral, or that you didn't have the rank before?

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

Wedge: Squires is it, I suggest you get you get your story straight

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

T'Kirr: You know how it is. Clearances open doors.

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

Jhnal>

 :: releases Kate and pulls Lexy into a tight hug ::  Lexy:  It has been so good to meet you!  Anyone who makes our daughter so happy is welcome here.

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SCI: No choice now, these dont seem like doors we should knock on :: Taps the forcefield::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Glares at the officer as he fades, reflecting the sentiment as he materialised.:: Self: People these days.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

Ian: It also makes you a target.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Rolik>

Yes indeed! Our daughter has good taste, you know. We have been overjoyed to have you here.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: sits and stares at the forcefield :: aCMO: We shall see. ENG: Greetings, Lieutenant. Was your security officer equally ill-mannered?

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

T'Kirr: Indeed.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Goon>

:: smirks alongside Wedge outside the cell ::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: notes her adjacent cells suddenly occupied and attempts to look through the bars around the corner ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

Indeed. And those bastards left my cane there.

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

ENG: Which is better that cell or my sickbay?

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Goon>

:: twirls Ilaihr's cane ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: calmly gazes at the security officers :: Goons: I would become accustomed to lower ranks were I you, gentlemen. Higher ranks are for those who display good manners.

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

:: smiles at Jhnal, Rolik, & Kate after Jhnal releases her ::  Thank you all very much.  This has been one of the most memorable experiences of my life.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: finds something on the comm chatter :: Well, shit.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Lexy: The real Risa.

 

<SEC_Wedge>

::gives Biggs a nudge:: Biggs: S'not funny, Biggs. These people could be in real trouble - and that means trouble for everyone. S'no laughin' matter. :;nods like he just said the most profound sentence the universe has ever seen::

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

Kate:  Exactly.  :: smiles ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Rolik>

You two.... you two will watch each other's backs out there, yes?

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: perks eyebrow ::

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: Slings duffle bag over his shoulder and heads to the shuttle area. ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Biggs>

Ya, I done guess thasright, innit?

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

Jhnal>

 Yes, you both must take good care of each other!

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

CMO: If I was as fussed about sickbay as I acted... I would get out. Which is why we will be getting out of here.j

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: looks to her parents :: We will, I know it. ::: smiles at Lexy ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: concludes that those two were most likely not the brightest students at the Academy ::

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

:: nods solemnly ::  Rolik & Jhnal:  I will do everything in my power to protect her.  :: smiles back at Kate ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Stands up and eyes down the goon through the forcefield.:: Goon: I demand to know the charges. Immediately!

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

T'Kirr: I think some of our people are in trouble.

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

ENG: I bet I gave you better food, wasnt it a burger and fries you ordered. :: Laughing::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: deadpan :: What did they do?

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Biggs>

:: leans on the cane :: You're in no position to demand nuffin'!

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

Goon: I agree with Lieutenant Ilaihr.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: scans for rank identifiers on either of these dim officers ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Rolik>

:: a tear comes to the bear of a man's eye ::

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SCI&ENG: We already asked for the charges, if they were going to tell us they would have. Demanding will not help>

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: tightly hugs her father when she sees the tear ::

 

<SEC_Wedge>

::folds his arms:: Biggs: Nah, nah, he's got a point. ::steps over to Ilaihr's forcefield:: ENG: You're being held in connection to a bombing at the Risa transport hub yesterday afternoon. You will be questioned, and if it turns out you weren' involved, you'll go free.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: just listens to her crewmates arguing ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Biggs>

:: mutters to himself, but still leans ont he cane ::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: just listens to her crewmates arguing ::

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

Jhnal>

 :: swipes tears from her cheeks and hugs her daughter again, getting all up in there with Rolik too ::  Kate:  I know you must go.  Just... be careful, yes?  We will be waiting to hear that both of you are safe.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

Wedge: The bombing? That is what this is about? What evidence do you have that we have anything to do with it? As I am accustomed with Security procedures, you must have evidence before an arrest.

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

:: stands there, watching the family embrace ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Glares at his prized cane.:: Goon: If you break that cane boy... I will have your head!

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: buries herself in parental hugs :: I will let you know when I can, I promise. :: sniffles a bit herself ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

aCMO: I believe that persistence will accomplish much.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

T'Kirr: They're being arrested because of whatever they got together to do yesterday.

 

<SEC_Wedge>

::looks over towards T'Lira's cell:: SCI: Each of you were seen to be involved with an unauthorised communi'ation that was detected.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Starts trying to focus on one of these idiot's minds.::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

Ian: They must have been...careless.

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SCI: Persistence may accomplish making matters worse

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: lifts an eyebrow :: Wedge: I am not aware of any unauthorized communications. Perhaps you could clarify.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

T'Kirr: They did what they had to. I know why.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

aCMO: True. Yet, it seems to be working at the moment. For how long, I have yet to determine.

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

Wedge: Seen to be involved with a communication is vague evidence at best, not enough to detain

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: is suddenly very curious :: Ian: Care to elaborate?

 

<SEC_Wedge>

::draws his eyebrows down:: All: A communication with terrorist links. Once you've been questions and your involvement ruled out, you'll be released, standard procedure as I'm sure your cooperative friend here will confirm ::gestures towards the magnificent create in the first holding cell::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

T'Kirr: Commanders Harper and Wright must get offworld for a classified assignment.... and that's all I can tell you.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

Goon: And there aren't any communications... how could we have sent one?

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: glances at Kuari :: SEC: Greetings, Kuari. I hope you are comfortable over there.

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SEC: Kuari, I didnt see you there

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: is surprised, but doesn't press Ian for more :: So dedication over subtlety. :: nods to herself ::

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

:: Shocked no one was bitten or burned::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

T'Kirr: I'm sure they did their best. Regardless, let's go get them out of jail.

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

SCI: Yep! Comfortable...although unhappy about being caged.

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

Wedge: Who will be questioning and when, lets get this done with.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

Wedge: Terrorist links? I daresay I know little of such a communication and am appalled that you would connect any of us with it. We are not terrorists, if that is what you are implying. :: stands and tries her best to look intimidating, imagining that Wedge and Biggs are Jem'Hadar soldiers ::

 

<SEC_Wedge>

ENG: One went out, we detected it, and we have evidence linking you to it. That's all I'm allowed to say, so get comfortable and await your questioning. As you can imagine things are pretty hectic right now.

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

:: shuffles her feet ::  All:  I really hate to do this, but we probably should get going.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

SEC: That is fortunate. I am afraid that little can be done about the cage at the moment, but it will soon be resolved.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: finally pulls back :: Papa. Mama. We have to go now if we are to make our flight.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

Goons: Well you better go get someone who is privy that information, and get this over with.

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

Jhnal>

 :: Wipes her eyes::  Kate & Lexy:  We understand.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: changes into a uniform, preparing to Admiral it up ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

Ian: Indeed. :: gets XO'd and ready to go ::

 

<SEC_Wedge>

::folds his arms:: ENG: You're not in any position to be making demands. Right now, you're all instigated in a criminal investigation, I'd be a lot more careful about your actions ::nudges Biggs:: Biggs: Come on, let's go get them processed.

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

:: sneaks in and slightly awkwardly embraces Rolik & Jhnal in turn ::  Rolik & Jhnal:  Thank you both so much for everything.  I promise I will take care of her.

 

ACTION: Biggs and Wedge exit, Stage Left.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Rolik>

See that you do. :: smiles ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: sits down :: aCMO: I dislike them greatly. They seem to be deficient in terms of intelligence.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

Self: A damned prison cell again. ::Sighs, longing for the days when two Breen would blow through the wall and spring him loose.::

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SCI: My dear, I am sure that is why they are grunts and not science officers

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

Jhnal>

 Lexy:  We know you will, dear.  And she'll take care of you.  You will both be safe, I just know.  :: gives a shiny-eyed smile ::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: sits patiently, wondering how their meeting connected Slade and T'Lira to the communication ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

aCMO: They would not have qualified as scientists anyway. :: more than a little miffed, but doesn't show it at all. Poker face to the extreme ::

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SCI: Or engineers :: Nodding to Ilahir::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

CMO: Definitely grunts doctor. They didn't know anything important.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Rolik>

:: puts an arm around his wife and looks at them :: You make a good team.

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

:: hugs Kate, as well, for good measure ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

aCMO: They do not qualify as anything except... I believe the term is "errand boys".

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

:: smiles at Rolik ::  Thank you, Rolik.  I think so, too.  :: smiles at Kate ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Biggs>

:: takes Ilaihr's cane with him ::

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: hugs Lexy, and keeps her hand as they finish, then picks up her rucksack with the other :: Until next time, Mama, Papa.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: heads out with T'Kirr to the nearest transport hub ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: and the dirty looks begin once he's seen in uniform ::

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

:: Laughs at the comment:: SEC: Hey Kuari when we get out if this I believe they will need some remedial training on how to perform their duties

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

:: takes her rucksack from Kate and slings it over her shoulder ::  It has been an honor, Rolik and Jhnal Aerpoor.

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: listens to the chatter of her crew mates, content to say nothing unless one of them starts speaking about confidential information, and hopes Starfleet's corruption doesn't run deep enough that they're being "illegally silenced" ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: ignores the dirty looks, keeping up with Ian ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: picks up her own rucksack ::

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

aCMO: What do you mean?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Rolik>

And we were happy to have you, Alexis Wright. :: says Kate's name as it is really pronounced as well ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: looks around at the reactions :: Damn, this is not good.

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SEC: Shouldnt they know the legitimate charges in which they are arresting someone and some tact on how to enforce said warranted arrest in a professional and respectful manner?

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

Jhnal>

 Lexy:  Yes, we were.  Kate:  Come home again soon, yes?  We will miss you.  Be safe!

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Shouts:: Goons: And I'll be getting that damn cane back!

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: squeezes Lexy's hand :: We will. Until then! :: steels herself and walks out the door with Lexy ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Biggs>

This is a sweet cane, innit? :: twirls ::

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

:: waves over her shoulder at Rolik & Jhnal as they exit ::

 

<SEC_Wedge>

::chuckles:: Wedge: Y'look like a moron.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: enters the transport hub, where the reactions turn from scorn to Holy Shit An Admiral ::

 

<SEC_Wedge>

<Biggs>

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

Jhnal>

 :: waving ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Biggs>

But a smooooooth moron yeah?

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

aCMO: Aboard Atlantis, I would agree with you. The idea is that all Starfleet personnel are trained equally, but it's clear that isn't how it's done.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Rolik>

:: steps to the door and waves ::

 

<SEC_Wedge>

Biggs: Sure, smooth as my arse!

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Biggs>

Oi, you shave and you know it.

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SEC: Very clear Lieutenant

 

<SEC_Wedge>

Biggs: S'only way these pants fit properly.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Biggs>

Well they are tight pants.

 

<SEC_Wedge>

::turns, smoothing his hands down his bum:: Biggs: Look good though, right?

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Transporter Chief: Two to beam to the USS Resolute.

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

Ilaihr: They took your cane? Do they think it's a weapon or something?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: sniffles a bit as she turns back and waves one more time ::

 

<SEC_Wedge>

<Chief>::looks visibly perturbed:: VAdm: Uhh...I don't...do you....cl-....clearance? ::begins checking the list on his console, not expecting an Admiral::

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

:: squeezes Kate's hand in support ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Biggs>

Oh yeaaaah, that they do. As good as me grandmum.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: points to his collar ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

SEC: It will be when I get my hands on them if they damage it....

 

<SEC_Wedge>

::snorts:: Yer grandmum is a looker! I'd have her in an 'eartbeat.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Biggs>

Oi, well, dat is true.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: steps it up a bit and hightails to the transport hub ::

 

<SEC_Wedge>

<Chief>

::looks up and down between his console and the Admiral:: VAdm: I...uh....::hits the comm:: *Resolute*: Resolute, this is Ground Control. Admiral...::looks at the Admiral for a name::

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

:: follows along, letting Kate set the pace ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Lexy: Damn that was hard this time.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Blackthorne.

<SEC_Wedge>

<Chief>

::shivers to some semblance of attention:: *Resolute*: Admiral Blackthorne requesting a transport...

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

Kate:  It's this mission.  It was hard for me, and they're not even my parents.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Lexy: They became fond of you. Who knows why? :: snickers ::

 

ACTION: The comm hangs for a moment, there's a click as it transfers, then a decidedly Vulcan voice answers:: *Chief*: Transport the Admiral directly to the bridge.

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

:: swats at Kate with her free hand ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: laughs a little ::

 

ACTION: The Chief taps out the commands, inputs the target location and slides his fingers up the console, watching as the Admiral and his guest are beamed away in blue twinklies.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: looks around on the bridge ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: a  few minutes later they make it to the transport hub and beam to Paradise Starport ::

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

Goons: Excuse me, why are we still waiting? I believe we were told we were being questioned........ Not detained! :: He says in a slight shout::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

aCMO: I do not believe they can hear you at the moment.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: finds the greatest number of pips in the room :: Captain.

 

<Captain_Sovok>

@::stands up and nods to the new arrival:: VAdm: Admiral, I am Captain Sovok, welcome to the Resolute.

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

Kate:  What's the name of the shuttle we're looking for?  ...Seraphim, right?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: now they're in a mess of Starfleet and blend right in, and make their way to the shuttles ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Lexy: Yes, that is the one.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Sits down and crosses his legs, in quiet contemplation.::

 

<Captain_Sovok>

<Wedge>

::shouts through to the brig:: aCMO: Yer being detained fer questioning, like I said! ::mutters and gets back to his paperwork::

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

:: points at a shuttle ::  Is that it over there?

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

aCMO: I stand corrected

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: approaches Sovok, just off Blackthorne's right ::

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

:: Smiles::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Lexy: Yes, I believe so. Ohhhh, a new Type 12 even.

 

<Captain_Sovok>

::nods in greeting to a fellow Vulcan, offering exactly as much respect as is deserved::

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Sovok: Thank you Captain. You are detaining a few members of my crew.

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

:: doesn't know much about shuttles ::  Is that good?

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: pulls her legs up so that she is sitting cross-legged and attempts to meditate a bit. To regulate her emotions at the moment ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: nods back to Sovok, equally ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Lexy: Brand new design. :: walks up to the Seraphim and inspects her, but finds no pilot ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Lexy: Lt. Harris is not here.

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

ALL: By the way, is anyone hurt? :: Realizing no had asked the question::

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

Kate:  This was the time he was supposed to meet us here, right?  ::  looks around ::

<Captain_Sovok>

@VAdm: If you are referring to the officers we have detained in the Brig, we haven't had a chance to go through all of their credentials. I am sure you understand how much work needs to be done when we have a dead Starfleet officer and a terrorist bombing in one day. I assume you would like them released?

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Sovok: You are correct. :: hands him a PADD ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Lexy: Yes, we are on time....

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Decides to take the young Vulcan's lead and decides to meditate, opening eyes briefly at the doctor's question.::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: isn't finding this very successful at all ::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: begins to walk the perimeter of her cell, sniffing and scrutinizing, checking for weaknesses, recognizing the type of brig ::

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

:: Feeling ignored::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: reaches out for an anchor to help her meditate and grabs Tyler's hand, hoping that will help ::

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

:: fumbles around for a few moments and opens the shuttle and peers inside ::  He's not in here.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: walks in :: Something is not right about this. :: sits in the pilot's seat and brings up the computer ::

 

<Captain_Sovok>

@::takes the PADD and skims through it:: VAdm: I have something of a dilemma here, Admiral. There are still a lot of unanswered questions, and this only answers one - this does, however, remove your officers from suspicion.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Sovok: For now, that's all that matters.

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

:: sits in the adjacent seat and brings up her computer as well, thinking to do a systems check ::

 

<Captain_Sovok>

::nods slightly:: VAdm: For you, perhaps. Admiral. ::glances down at his chair terminal and taps out clearance for the brig::

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

Self: Either they are ignoring me, or they are dead

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

The flight plan gives us another half hour for clearance.

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

Kate:  That's all?  Half an hour until we need to lift off?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Lexy: Right. Not long, but it is all we have. We will wait.

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

:: takes Kate's rucksack and stows both bags, then sits back down to wait. ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: they wait 25 minutes ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Lexy: We have to go.

 

<Captain_Sovok>

@::nods as he gets confirmation:: VAdm: Your crew members are being released. I'm being told they were somewhat uncooperative, although I will leave their discipline in your capable hands, Admiral.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Sovok: Thank you, Captain.

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

Kate:  I don't see any way around it.  Let me look outside one more time.  :: steps out of the shuttle and looks around, then steps back and and closes the door ::  Not there.

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Lexy: Why do I feel guilty about leaving someone behind? Bloody hell! This is Risa, not occupied Bajor!

 

<Captain_Sovok>

::tilts his head slightly in acknowledgement:: VAdm: With your permission, Admiral, I will have you beamed back to the surface.

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

:: frowns :: Kate:  I'm sure Risa will be back to normal in no time.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Sovok: Please do. My apologies for their... uncooperativeness.

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: is a picture of calm ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Lexy: I hope so. Risa Control: Risa control this is shuttle Seraphim requesting departure clearance.

 

<Captain_Sovok>

::nods once more, respectfully:: VAdm: Thank you, Admiral. Please let me know if we may be of any further assistance. ::glances towards the OPS console, giving the signal for a return transport::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Risa Control>

*Seraphim* You almost missed your window. Granted, Seraphim.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: continues her mostly unsuccessful meditation ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

*RC* Thank you Control.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::"See's" the discomfort in the room. Tries to center his mind.::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: pressurizes the shuttle and powers her up :: Hm. Seraphim. I like that.

 

ACTION: Blackthorne and T'Kirr are beamed back down to the transport hub, with all of the blue twinklies.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: appears back in the hub ::

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

Kate:  It's a kind of angel, right?

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: sighs slightly in relief ::

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Lexy: From what I understand. I need a new fighter.

 

<SEC_Wedge>

::mutters more about his paperwork then stomps back into the brig:: All: Alright, yer cleared - turns out your communication wasn't linked with our investigation. You've got some good friends out there, y'know ::takes a place behind the Brig console and begins tapping out commands::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Chief: Thank you Chief. Our business is concluded. :: walks out with T'Kirr ::

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

Kate:  I'm sure you'll be back in a fighter far sooner than I want you to be.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: lifts off and shoots up then mostly sideways, gaining speed for orbit ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: as they break atmo, two Mustang fighters fall in on either side of them ::

 

<SEC_Wedge>

<Chief>

::shivers back to attention, his heart going a mile a minute:: Self: Mum'll be so proud, I met an Admiral!

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: catches enough of that to draw herself out of the meditation and stands :: Wedge: I am gratified you and your superiors have seen reason.

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

Wedge: Not friends, Sir. Crewmates! More like family

 

<SEC_Wedge>

SCI: No reason about it...::glances at the logs::...Lieutenant. Yer just not part of our investigation any more. ::targets the transport hub for beaming::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Breaks meditation and bolt upright, awaiting the forcefield to drop.::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Mustang1>

*Seraphim* Shuttle Type 12, transmit clearances or be fired upon.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

Goon: And my cane?

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

:: looks over at Kate in shock ::

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

:: Stands up awaiting the transport::

 

ACTION: The forcefield doesn't drop, instead the Resolute disappearing in blue shimmers, to be replaced by the Risian transport hub in all of it's glory - sans cane.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Biggs>

:: hands it over with a grumble ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Biggs>

:: but no one is there to receive it and he keeps it ::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: happily greets Risa ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Lexy: Send our credentials.

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SCI: We are back on Risa, but not where we started

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

*Mustang1* Mustang 1 this is Shuttle Seraphim, stand by to receive our credentials.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: is more than a little relieved to have returned to Risa and not be in a brig anymore :: aCMO: At least we are not in the brig.

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

:: shakes out of her shock and transmits the credentials ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: annoyed that she's intimidated by a Mustang ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Holds his hand out, with the hope that his cane appears in his hand.::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

aCMO: How rude!

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Biggs>

:: still has it, twirls ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Mustang1>

*Seraphim* Oh, I see. Good hunting out there, Commanders.

 

<SEC_Wedge>

Biggs: Y'still look like a big dork.

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SEC: I agree Lieutenant yet again not a shining example of starfleet material

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Biggs>

Wedge: So's yer mum!

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

Kate:  THAT was unpleasant.

 

<SEC_Wedge>

Biggs: Only when she's holdin' MY cane! ::laughs uproarously::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

*Mustang1* Thank you, CAP. Seraphim out.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Focuses his mind above, hoping his message comes across.::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Lexy: Now I know what it feels like to be on the wrong end of a Mustang.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: taps the console, setting a course for Kobliad ::

 

<SEC_Wedge>

::stops laughing when he realises what he inferred::

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

Kate:  It's decidedly uncomfortable.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: hits the warp button, the Mustangs staying with them until they depart ::

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

:: watching sensors ::  Looks like we're in the clear now.

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SCI: I guess we should return to the hotel, since it seems we are still being held on risa, but it is better than a brig. ENG: We can replicate you a new cane, Sorry they stole it Lieutenant. :: Looks apologetically::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: lets out a sigh of relief :: We owe Captain Griffiths a call.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

CMO: Oh I'll get it back... it cannot be replicated. It has a piece of the ship I was frozen on.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

aCMO: I agree. That was quite enough adventure for one day. I had no desire to see the inside of a brig. :: doesn't add "again" like she was about to. Thankfully, her brain to mouth filters are still working ::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: stands watching and listening to the others, having no agenda of her own ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

T'Kirr: Would you like to return to the hotel, or perhaps get lunch out?

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

T'Kirr: Though I'm thinking we should ditch the uniforms. :: notes the glares ::

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

:: Takes T'Lira by the hand and begins walking towards the door of the transport hub::

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

Kate:  I suppose we do.  But can't we just enjoy the quiet here, alone in this shuttle together, for a few minutes?  :: looks hopeful ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: goes along, debating how best to make sure that those security officers never make it above the rank of lieutenant ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

Ian: Lunch would be good.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: looks at the fading image of Risa on the console ::: Yes, we can do that.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

T'Kirr: Let's.. go change first.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Becomes very serious.:: Self: I'll retrieve that cane if it's the last thing I do! ::Storms off.::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

Ian: Agreed.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Biggs>

:: frames the cane and puts it on his wall ::

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

:: Reaches over and takes Kate's hand ::  Kate:  This experience with you has been amazing, even with the unpleasantness at the very end.

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: watches Ilaihr go ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: as Risa disappears from visual range, she turns to Lexy and squeezes her hand :: I am thankful you chose to come along with me.

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: runs and catches up with Ilaihr ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

SEC: I am sorry my dear. I am not in my usual temperament.

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

Kate:  Call me crazy, but I'd follow you just about anywhere.  :: grins ::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

ENG: They took something that was yours. Sentimental. I understand. :: trots alongside Ilaihr quickly ::

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

:: Sees the Admiral and T'Kirr and debates trying to get their attention::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Lexy: I can see that given that you followed me on this mission. So you are crazy!

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

SEC: It will be returned...

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: heads into their hotel and up to their room ::

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

ENG: Can I help?

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

Kate:  Guilty.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: senses that intention :: aCMO: It is best not to attract the attention of any superiors at the moment. To delay our... punishment, as it were. I believe they do not look fondly on officers ending up in brigs.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Lexy: Maybe I am a little crazy too.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

SEC: If you believe you can... ::Musters a smile.::

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

Kate:  Well, I knew that.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: once in their room, changes clothing once again, their mission complete ::

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SCI: Im sure you are right, but darling how do you think we got out?

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Lexy: Good! I would hate to misrepresent myself.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Lexy: We have about a day cooped up in here, you know.

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

:: Fairly confident it was the Admiral that sprung them::

 

<CSO_LCdr_Wright>

Kate:  :: giggles ::  Oh no... I'm locked alone in a shuttle with my lover... whatever shall we do?

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

aCMO: They obviously had a hand in it. I would still prefer to be on the side of caution for now. Many superiors demand a full explanation for how someone ends up in a brig. That would prove interesting in this case.

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

ENG: We wont get into trouble again, will we?

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: Shuttles to a Risian Cruise ship.  This his PADD he marks going on a cruise off his list of things to do on Risa. ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: gets into a Hawaiian shirt and a sweet hat ::

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SCI: True, How about lunch instead. I believe there is some very fresh greens upstairs

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

aCMO: That sounds quite refreshing.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

SEC: I apologise for that, my dear. And no. There are ways.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Lexy: :: smiles :: I can think of one or two things.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage