U.S.S. Atlantis - 11507.15, Mission #1053

"To the Winds"


 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: in their quarters, packing a quick bag ::

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

:: With a bag over his shoulder ready for risa, he walks down the corridor to the bar to wait for the transport::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: sitting in the bar, next to a window with a bag next to her as she observes the stars and cautiously sips some concoction the bartender calls a "margarita". It is... passable ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Is relaxing by the window in the bar with his spectacles on, bottle of ale on the table; glass in hand. He has a single bag beside him, only containing a few items of clothing, more ale, some kanaar, and a book.::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: in her quarters, surveying herself in the mirror and frowning at her usual casual-wear of a plain tee, cargo shorts, and hiking boots.  Her many-pocketed vest is flung haphazardly over a chair as if thrown there in frustration. ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: is already in the bar with her bag, having less to do in the end than Blackthorne, but not by much and has just arrived ::

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

:: notices T'lira by the window, and walks over and sits next to her, ordering a beer::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: notices another person suddenly and looks away from the stars :: aCMO: Greetings, Doctor.

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SCI: Hello lieutenant, may i join?

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

aCMO: As the seat is not occupied, I foresee no problem in your occupying it.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

Self:  This doesn't look good at all.  I think I... :: bites her lip ::  ...I think I might have to go shopping.  :: winces ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: debates just how many PADDs he'll need to successfully politic while away ::

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: In his quarters packing when a message beeps on his console.  He reads it and looks to his roommate and sighs. ::  Looks like I've got to take the next shuttle down.  Starfleet Academy wants my Essay about my hands on training aboard ship.

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SCI: Thanks :: Takes a quick sip from the tall glass and clears his throat knowing if he doesnt do it now he wont have the courage:: SCI: Do you recall our last conversation in lost harbor?

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

aCMO: I do, yes. Is it related to what you wish to discuss now?

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Notices the doctor cosying up to T'lira, on the other side of the bar.:: Self: Oh to be young. ::Sips his drink, and reclines,and laughs to himself.::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: decides on three, shoves them in the bag ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: dressed comfortably for traveling, duffel over her shoulder, she rings the chime to Wright's quarters ::

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SCI: Indeed, I was wondering if you and I could possibly enjoy each others company while on risa?

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: is distracted out of her thoughts and takes the large glass of tea passed to her ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: feels very strangely self-concious as she throws a few other essentials into her rucksack ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: grabs a book off the shelf - optimism! ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

aCMO: That would not be disagreeable. What did you have in mind? :: mildly amused by this, not that she'd ever show it ::

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: Sits at his console and starts typing up a storm.  Telling about his missions so far in his essay and what he did in them. ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: packs the book away with a few other random things, but is overall a very light traveler, and closes the bag ::

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SCI: I would be open to suggestions, but first I had some time on the beach in mind. If that is also agreeable

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: not overly fond of the beach, but this is vacation. It wasn't so bad last time... :: aCMO: That would be perfectly fine. It would also allow time to ascertain what else Risa has to offer. I must admit that I have never been to Risa before.

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: enters the bar on the starbase, the place everyone else seems to be waiting, and sits down on the floor out of the way, the protruding pouch on her belly clanking slightly ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: realizes the doorchime is going off, rakes her fingers through her hair nervously and gives herself one last look before answering, ::  Door:  Come in!

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: enters :: Hi Lexy.

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SCI: It has some amazing, exciting, and relaxing possibilities. My favorite part is there is a pebble beach because i hate the sand>

 

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Swirls his glass around, thinking about all the things he will repair when he gets back. He didn't know what to start with first, He was so excited. But first he supposed he could grab a Hor'gahn on Risa, and mingle with some attractive young ladies.::  

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: pulls on his beaten-up leather jacket, grabs his aviator frames, and heads out the damn door ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: strangely nervous ::  Kate:  Hi!  Welcome!

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Lexy: Thanks. I had meant to come by earlier, but everything is so strange right now.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

aCMO: Beaches are traditionally composed of sand, are they not? I do not see how a stretch of pebbles could qualify for a term traditionally used to identify sand. :: confused, but hiding it well, considering her recent... lapses ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

Kate:  :: nods ::  It really is.  How... How are you doing?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Lexy: I have been better, to be honest. But that is not why I am here.

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SCI: A beach is traditionally composed of sand but can be composed of other things as long as water front and sand makes a beautiful place uncomfortable in my opinion

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: lifts an eyebrow :: aCMO: I see. I have only been on sand beaches, seeing as I am from a desert planet. It would certainly be a new experience.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: cocks her head ::  Kate:  Oh?

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

::sincerely hoping that he has not insulted her continues:: SCI: there is also alot of other exciting things to do

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Finishes his drink. Sit up to pour himself another one, as he does a tune catches in his head. As he puts the bottle down he begins to hum and conduct the song.::  

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Lexy: I know that the crew is all going to Risa together first, but I wanted to extend that invitation I promised for you to come to Risa with me.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

aCMO: I believe I will acquire a guide booklet. That way, all opportunities can be explored. :: trying to think of exactly what Kyrembril was mentioning about Risa the last time they spoke in person ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: smiles tentatively at first, but then more broadly ::  Really?  I'd /love/ to!

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: arrives in the depature lounge, feeling a bit less conspicuous out of uniform ::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: notices Ilaihr at a table, alone. She recognizes him as an engineer, but hasn't ever really met him. Walking over, she angles her head over his table, notices his humming, and looks at him with both big eyes :: ENG: Hi.

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SCI: That would be a good idea, may i be frank for a moment?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: manages a smile :: Lexy: Wonderful!

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

aCMO: Of course. It would be illogical to hold back an opinion. :: wonders why, though ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: bustles around her quarters throwing the last few things into her rucksack and slinging it over her shoulder ::  Kate:  As long as you're sure.  I mean... :: frowns ::  I understand if you'd rather have some time to yourself.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Finishes the bar, and calmly looks at the lieutenant.:: SEC: Greetings. Kuari I believe, yes?

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: notices Blackthorne enter and sends him a quick silent hello so he can locate her in the busy bar ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: walks right to T'Kirr :: All set?

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SCI: I just want to be clear that my intentions are to get to know you better and see if the potential mutual attraction occurs for a possible romantic connection! :: Hoping he said that right and that it is appreciated by a vulcan::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

Ian: I am, yes. Just finishing this tea.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: forces herself not to lift her eyebrow too high :: aCMO: I see. I believe this will be the best chance to do so, then. :: isn't too sure how else to reply ::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

ENG: I am, yes. Ilaihr? The closest I seem to get to Engineering is guarding the door.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: looks around, having never been here before ::  Lexy: I am quite sure. Not only did I already invite you, but your company would be welcomed right now.

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

:: Surprised at the response:: SCI: I agree

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

SEC: It is a pleasure to meet you my dear, please, sit. ::Gesture at the seat on the opposite side of the table.::

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: Smiles as he writes his essay. :: I do love those Quantum Torpedoes...

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: sits down next to her :: I don't know if I can actually relax on this trip.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: takes a couple steps closer to close the distance between them ::  Kate:  Then you shall have it.  :: feeling awkward, leans in and gives Kate a quick hug ::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: smiles, but sits next to the chair instead of in it :: ENG: Thanks, but this tends to work better for me. So you're going to Risa?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: hugs her, not awkward at all :: Lexy: Thank you.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

Ian: Your attempt will assure a more relaxed state than if you were to not attempt it.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: takes another sip of her drink and tries to focus away from the awkwardness at the moment ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

T'Kirr: And they say Vulcans can't be optimistic.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Thinks it odd that she sits on the floor, and decides not to be rude and joins her.:: SEC: I am. It has been several years since I have graced Risa with my presence. ::He smiles jokingly.::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: feels really good about the positive interaction ::  Kate:  Shall we head up to the departure lounge?  I'm all finished here.  I'm boarding my cat on the station while we're away.

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SCI: So for the purposes of this trip, if it isnt too unprofessional, Im Tyler

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

SEC: And yourself?

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

Ian: I intend to do a lot of meditation. You could join me, if you wish. :: sips her tea ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Lexy: Yes, boarding should be soon.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

T'Kirr: Before I met you, that thought would be ludicrous.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: nods courteously :: aCMO: Then I am T'Lira. There is no logical need for ranks and official titles outside of duty situations. :: hopes that didn't come out wrong ::

 

<Bryan>

:: booms over the lounge's PA system, music behind him, interrupting any and all conversation :: May I have your attention please. All passengers for Risa are invited to board at this time. :: The airlock opens, Bryan standing in the doorway, the lounge of the Risan Fortitude behind him, a crew of beautiful Risans behind him standing at attention, ready to make a party :: Once again, all passengers for Risa, welcome aboard the Risan Fort

 

<Bryan>

...aboard the Risan Fortitude!

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

:: Smiles:: SCI: I agree, So T'Lira what can you tell me about yourself ? :: Starts to dive into the conversation::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: starts walking toward the door ::  Kate:  Let's hurry, then!

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: looks up at the announcement and over to the exit where people begin to file out ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: looks up at the announcement and grabs her bag :: aCMO: Perhaps we should continues this on the transport? :: avoidance at its finest, right there ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: heads out the door ::

 

<Bryan>

:: moves out of the way so everyone can get through the airlock, greeting people personally as they board ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

T'Kirr: Shall we?

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Laughs.:: SEC: Typical... I just sat down here. ::Aches a little as he stand himself back up, and grabs his bag and booze.::

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

:: Nods in agreement but internally upset about the dodging of the questionns::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

::: picks up her bag as well as his own ::

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

:: Follows her offering to take her bag::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: stands, leaving the rest of her tea on the counter :: Indeed.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: declines the offer and tries to think of a way to politely avoid certain topics of discussion on the flight to Risa ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: enters the airlock with T'Kirr ::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: stands, which really just means her hindquarters, and makes to follow Ilaihr, since their conversation just started. They're all going to the same place, anyway ::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

ENG: Can I help you carry anything?

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: on the turbolift, which is somewhat alarmingly not in heavy use ::  Kate:  Are you excited to be going home?

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

SEC: Thank you, but no, I shall manage fine. I do not carry much. Only the essentials. I intend to return with more.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Lexy: More relieved than anything else, I think. It will be good to see my parents.

 

<Bryan>

:: runs away from the airlock and jumps over the bar as the music swells with a great beat for dancing, ready to start mixing drinks for everyone who is at all thirsty. He again booms over the Risan Fortitude's PA system :: Come on, over, everyone. Draaaaanks for everyone! Are you ready to party?

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: passes into the great bar room ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: finds a seat on the transport and tries to block out the overly loud music ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::The music is not his cup of tea. But he does require the Liner's bar, so is willing to put up with it.::

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SCI: So would you like to talk, or would you rather us get a drink? :: He asks T'Lira before sitting down and making it even more awkward

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: frowning as the TL doors swish open ::  Aloud:  I should visit my father sometime during this shore leave.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Lexy: Is he on Earth? :: sees the line of people already entering the airlock ::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: rises up onto her hind legs for a moment to paw at her pouch, and has to shout a bit over the increased volume :: ENG: Yeah, I don't bring much along, either.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

T'Kirr: Something tells me you would rather find a quieter area.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

Kate:  Mm-hmm.  :: makes her way toward the end of the line ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

aCMO: Whatever is best. I do not require sustenance at the moment, but the offer is appreciated. :: still trying to work over how to avoid certain topics ::

 

<Bryan>

:: booms over the PA again :: Make sure you check out the art gallery, the pools, the fine dining, the rock wall, and everything the Risan Fortitude has to offer!

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: frowns at the loudness :: You would be correct.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

T'Kirr: He mentioned an art gallery just now.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: nods almost vigorously ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

SEC: Would you care to join me for a drink?

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: grins enthusiastically :: ENG: Sure!

 

<Bryan>

:: shakes and then strains a Cosmo as he talks :: That's right everyone! Don't forget the shopping on Deck Four! Things you've never seen, things you've always wanted, right here!

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: sees a sign on the wall with directions, and follows it ::

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SCI: Would you like to go to a quieter spot

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

aCMO: That would be an ideal course of action, yes.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

Kate:  What would you like to do when we get aboard?  Sounds like they have all kinds of options.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: walks quickly out of the room, but slows down once it's quieter ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Leads on to the bar, to find a good place to occupy the floor.::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Lexy: For once, I do not know. What do you think? :: files through the line and boards the ship ::

 

ACTION>

Five minutes til the transport departs! WHOOOOOOOOM

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

Kate:  I wouldn't normally suggest this, but... wanna get a drink and see what sounds good from there?

 

<Bryan>

:: steps from behind the bar and to the airlock, looking around for stragglers :: Final boarding call for the Risan Fortitude! Once again, this is the final boarding call. All those not traveling to Risa, please disembark at this time.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Lexy: Alright. :: heads toward the bar ::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: follows Ilaihr to the bar, her tail twitching to the beat ::

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

:: Picks up his bag and hers:: SCI: shall we?? :: Motions towards the dining room::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: finds the entrance to the art gallery, well-insultated from the music ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: follows Kate to the bar, nodding a greeting at a few people here and there ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: stands and doesn't bother to point out that he accidentally grabbed her bag as well :: aCMO: Agreed. :: begins making her way to the dining room ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: breathes easier and is immediately drawn to the first displays of art in the gallery ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Sits down on the floor next to a table and waves down a waiter.::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: frowns down at Ilaihr :: You don't have to sit on the floor for me, you know. It's really quite all right.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: sits down at the bar, putting her bag down ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: takes the next stool, also setting her bag down at her feet ::

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: Wraps up his essay and sends it to Starfleet Academy.  Then he grabs his bag and rushes out the door to the nearest TL.  He steps inside hoping to catch the next shuttle to Risa. :: Shuttle Bay.

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

:: Walks into the dining room and picks a table and pulls the chair out for T'Lira::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: mildly confused by Slade's odd behavior. Such behavior rarely, if ever, occurs in her normal life :: aCMO: Thank you. :: sits and muses for a moment on the complexities of human behavior ::

 

ACTION>

The airlock door starts to close...

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: admires the painting :: Nice use of chiaroscuro lighting.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

SEC: I dont mind and I would feel rude if I didn't. ::Smiles::

 

<Bryan>

:: closes the airlock as it seems there is no one going on or off the ship. :: Now, ladies and gentlemen, we have a very special treat for you in the theater. We have a very special team as our guests. All the way from Las Vegas, Earth, here is Cirque du Soliel, in their all new production, Ciel d'émerveillement! The show begins in just five minutes!

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

:: Takes a seat accross from her:: SCI: if I may, how old are you. Because I know Vulcans age much differently than humans>

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: turns to Kate ::  Kate:  That sounds interesting, wanna go see the show?

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: is mildly amused by the question :: aCMO: I am approximately 46 Earth years old.

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: Bolts for the airlock door. ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Steward>

:: sees Randen running and opens the door for him, since they don't have clearance yet ::

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: just shrugs, happy to have someone else sit on the floor, but does find herself looking down at him now, her tail still twitching to the music :: ENG: What do you like to drink?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Lexy: Alright.

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SCI: Are you married, or betrothed? :: thinking of the other parts of vulcan heritage he can remember::

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: Runs inside, breathing heavily. ::  Thank... you... Stewart...

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

Kate:  Let's get drinks first.  :: waves for the bartender ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

aCMO: No to both. :: is silently tapping at her PADD in her lap, pulling up a certain personnel file ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Steward>

TAC: Of course, sir. :: closes the door and signals the bridge ::

 

ACTION>

The Risan Fortitude pulls back from its berth and heads for the spacedoors.

 

<Bryan>

:: leads the way into the auditorium, which has been carefully appointed to be absolutely gorgeous. The red curtain stands in front of the stage, with the nearest seats just feet away. Each seat has a small table for drinks. Waiters are waiting every few feet to take orders from everyone and get them a drink quickly ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Laughs:: SEC: I am not choosy. I have partaken in just about every alcoholic drink imaginable. All very diffrrent. But I do have a soft spot for Romulan Ale.

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

:: Sees her looking towards her lap, leans forward and sees the PADD:: SCI: T'Lira, ask me what you would like to know. Thats so impersonal!

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

Ian: I agree. :: walks to the next piece, an old Risan sailing ship on a calm sea ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: once the bartender arrives :: Any kind of whiskey and a glass of ice.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: tries not to flush :: aCMO: I have often found personal conversations to be... awkward. On several occasions, even such conversations with my own family has been disagreeable. :: didn't realize that it was rude and is now regretful ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: not sure what to order ::  The same for me, please.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: turns to Lexy :: It is an odd enough choice drink for me, but not what I expected from you.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

T'Kirr: This I would like on my ready room wall.

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

ENG: Do you know Lieutenant Wright? She makes these rum balls...I *love* chocolate, but I'm told I don't do well with alchohol.

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SCI: No, No I know how they can be awkward. Im a doctor everyone talks to me about the awkward things, but this is about getting to know one another isnt it??

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: blushes ::  Kate:  You caught me.  I'm not really experienced with this sort of thing and I didn't know what to order.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: raises her eyebrows and looks around, as if for an attendant :: Ian: I wonder if they are for sale?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: turns to the bartender :: Perhaps she should have a margarita on the rocks instead.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

aCMO: I apologize. I am unfamiliar with... personal relationships. You are correct :: slides the PADD back into her bag ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Lexy: You may like that better.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

SEC: I know her, but not well. I'm not well acquainted with many people on board.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: with a relieved look ::  Kate:  Thanks.  Sorry about that.  :: sheepish ::

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SCI: Nothing to apologize for, i am new to this too!

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: briefly thinks back on her choice of drinks and how her career has affected them ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: tries to think of something to say but is coming up blank ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Lexy: There is nothing wrong with it, do not worry.

 

ACTION>

The Risan Fortitude clears spacedoors and goes to warp!

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: notes instructions below for purchase ::: Ah, here it is.

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: brightens, her posture straightening, and she points :: ENG: There's Wright! Over there, with Harper. Anyway, she's a good friend. I'm sure they have some chocolate drinks? I'd like a chocolate drink.

 

<Bryan>

:: The lights dim and the curtain glows :: Ladies and gentlemen, Cirque du Soliel! :: The curtain rises and the show begins, amazing acrobatics and great music... a fantastic show. With the show beginning, Bryan heads to the lounge at the front of the Risan Fortitude, where people are waiting for someone else who can make drinks. He makes sure his microphone is in the full off position so he can just be a bartender for a little while ::

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SCI: What would you like to know about me? You can ask a question then I will. Is that an agreeable way?

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: takes her drink from the bartender and takes an exploratory sip, puckering her lips ::  Aloud:  Sour! :: takes another sip ::  Kate:  You were right, I do like it.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

SEC: After you then. ::Smiles.::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: smiles a little :: Lexy: Now lick the salt on the rim to chase it.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: notes where Ian's looking, then takes in the painting again :: Ian: It really is lovely.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

T'Kirr: Then let's get it for our quarters, not the ready room. We need new wall decorations anyway since we just lost some.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: looks appraisingly at Kate ::  Kate:  Really?  You're not teasing me?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: takes a sip of her whiskey, finding it to be bourbon, then pops an ice cube into her mouth :: Lexy: Not at all!

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

Ian: :: quietly, still looking at the art :: The calm after the storm.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: sucks on the ice cube to chase the whiskey and chews on it a bit :

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

TKirr: Exactly. And smooth seas ahead. :: scans the label to purchase it and have it delivered ::

 

<Bryan>

:: walks through the art gallery on the way to the forward bar, passing and noting a couple that look like they are really admiring one of the paintings :: XO & VAdm: Good evening, folks. That's a beautiful painting, isn't it?

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: asks the server for something chocolatey, and she is told she will be brought a chocolatini ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: takes another sip, then pokes a pink tongue out of her mouth and licks tentatively at the salt, then turns wide eyes at Kate ::  Whoa!

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Lexy: Good, yes? Still one of my favorites.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Bryan: Yes, we were just discussing purchasing it.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: looks to Bryan as he approaches ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Orders a glass of Andorian Absinthe.::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

Kate:  VERY good!  :: sips and licks again, more confidently this time ::  So do you want to check out the show, or are you happy here?

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: Walking down a line of other vacationers and a lady places a necklace of flowers around Randen's neck. He starts yelling and backing her up. ::  How dare you VANDILIZE MY BODY?!  I'M RANDEN, NOT SOME WOMAN...

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: finally thinks of something to say that isn't awkward :: aCMO: The last time we spoke of a... date, you had mentioned the home in which you were raised.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Lexy: The show does sound interesting.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

Kate:  Let's go check it out!  :: picks up her rucksack and her drink and leads the way to the auditorium, checking to make sure Kate is close behind ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: slings her bag over her shoulder, then takes her bourbon in one hand and the ice in the other, and follows along ::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: having ordered her drink and feeling one step closer to shore leave, begins to sway from side to side, from her nose to her tail :: ENG: So, no more broken ship! Are you excited to be all repaired?

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SCI: I did? ok what would you like to know about it?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: still crunching on her ice cube ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

aCMO: Perhaps you could describe it? I have found that oftentimes one's childhood is a good place to begin a personal conversation...

 

<Bryan>

VAdm: Absolutely. Where do you think you would put it?

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Bryan: Our quarters aboard Atlantis. We've recently come into a need for replacement decoration.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

SEC: Atlantis is still broken. I am already aching to return to her. But a rest might be good for me.

 

<Bryan>

VAdm: Ah, yes. Would you like it delivered to your quarters?

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: acting with the assumption that Atlantis will be repaired, of course :;  Bryan: Yes, please.

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SCI: i was born and raised on a farm in the souther united states. A real old fashoned farm

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: since the show has already started, she skulks into an empty table on the outside edge, but near the front ::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

ENG: Yes, after that battle, a rest will do everyone good.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

aCMO: A farm? I am unfamiliar with the purpose of such a construct.

 

<Bryan>

VAdm: Certainly! :: whips out a PADD :: If you want to just sign here, we can have it aboard Atlantis, waiting for you when you arrive.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: sits down and takes another sip of the bourbon, getting used to it ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: signs away ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

SEC: I'm not really a planetary man though. I've spent far too long in space.

 

<Bryan>

VAdm: Thank you, sir. And what is the number of your quarters? :: prepares to input the info on the PADD ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

SEC: Nearly a century. I spent one whole decade never even setting foot on a planet.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: smirks :: One.

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SCI: It is a place that we groww food and other organic c materials that are used.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: sipping at her margarita as she watches the acrobatics on stage ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: looks up at the show, seeing all sorts of bizarre stuff ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

SEC: Although I did also spend a century floating in space in suspended animation. ::Chuckles.::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

aCMO: Fascinating. It sounds like a most interesting place.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Lexy: They are talented.

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: nods in understanding :: ENG: I've known people like that. Well, not for a century. I've spent a lot of time in space, first traveling far with my family and now this assignment, but I think I would go crazy if I couldn't stretch my wings in a proper atmosphere. :: demonstrates by stretching one wing to the side :: I'm looking forward to Risan's skies!

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

Kate:  I agree.  And very.... bendy.

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

ENG: Woah, were you really? In suspended animation?

 

<Bryan>

VAdm: One? Certainly, sir... :: takes a moment to get it :: ... Sir! You must be Vice Admiral Blackthorne. :: extends his hand to shake it. ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Lexy: Seems normal to me. :: crunch ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

SEC: What of yourself? I am not familiar with your species. And I have encountered many, and yours is quite impressive. ::Marvels at her wings.::

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SCI: It was an amazing place, everything natural!

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: shakes his hand with a smile :: The same.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: just watches ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: looks Kate up and down, then back at the acrobats, then back at Kate ::

 

<Bryan>

VAdm: My ship is not so grand as yours... or as well armed... but that's not what I usually need anyway.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

SEC: Indeed. Chronologically, I am older than the Federation.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: oblivious ::

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SCI: Ok My turn. how long has it been since you left Vulcan?

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: Risan Security comes by and is unsucessful at calming things down.  One guard tazes an enraged Randen, which Randen repays with a punch into the guard's stomach, cracking some ribs.  Soon Randen is surrounded by his back up who all taze him together.  Everything goes dark for Randen. ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Bryan: It's our point to make it so you don't need that, yes.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

aCMO: It has been 43 years. I spent the majority of my early years on the Cor Coroli scientific colony. I have only returned to Vulcan once. Where is this "southern United States" region?

 

<Bryan>

VAdm: And I appreciate that. It makes my business much easier.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

Kate:  :: whispering ::  Do you offer demonstrations?

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: Wakes up and looks around the interior of a brig cell.  And sighs. ::

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SCI: It is on the south easter region of the north american continenet.

 

<Bryan>

VAdm: If you would ever care for a tour of our bridge and engine room, I'd be happy to take you personally, sir.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: turns slowly to Lexy, a wry grin finding its way up through the depths of her mood :: I just might.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

aCMO: I see. I do recall that Earth used to be divided into several nations, although I was unaware that the vernacular remained popular today.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Bryan: Thank you, but I'm just another guest. This is my wife and Executive Officer, Commander T'Kirr.

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: ponders on Ilaihr's words and what that must mean for his early years ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Chuckles:: SEC: Jonathon Archer commanded the first starship Enterprise whilst I was in stasis.

 

<Bryan>

XO: A pleasure, Ma'am. And thank you.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: nods to Bryan in greeting, feeling like she's somehow met him before ::

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SCI: What about your parents?

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: blushes furiously and turns back toward the stage with studied attention ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

aCMO: They are both researchers on the colony. What of your parents? :: is noticing a pattern in the conversation here ::

 

<Bryan>

VAdm & XO: well, I must be off to our forward lounge. It's a nice, quiet place if you care to visit. I'll be mixing creative drinks up there.

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

ENG: Well it's nice to meet someone as old as you. I'm getting close to a century myself...although I'm still considered young.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Bryan: Thank you. Your ship is quite nice as is the hospitality.

 

<Bryan>

VAdm: Why, thank you, sir. Enjoy your voyage. If I can do anything for you or your crew, just let me know.

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

:: Looks down for a moment:: SCI: My parents died when I was young, they were both farmers and fantastic people. They caught some unknown illness that took them very slowly and painfuly

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: sips her bourbon, disregarding the ice for now, and periodically glances from the show to Lexy ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM

 

<Bryan>

:: nods to Blackthorne and T'Kirr one last time and heads off to the forward lounge ::


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage