U.S.S. Atlantis - 11507.08, Mission #1052

"The Opening Shots"


 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: enters the bridge from the observation lounge, having repaired the coffeemaker in there his damn self - he was, after all, an engineer ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: carries a hot cup of joe ::

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

:: pacing uneasily around sickbay not able to check the status of the serious injured, but trying to stay focused on helping the crew that are still here::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: wired up a battery to it ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Syvek>

:: probably in sickbay, his injuries minor ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: on the Bridge, monitoring what she can but mostly being the busy voice of the Bridge for incoming comms ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Bridge: Coffee's available in the observation lounge.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Still pottering around engineering stubbornly with his wrist, coordinating what personnel there were left to keys areas. Knowing a captain's prerogative, the thrusters will need a boost; but he's uncomfortable asking more from Atlantis::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: near one of the breach points, helping to move heavy debris so engineering can access control panels and properly place containment fields ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: returns to the bridge, having at least gotten to sleep and shower since her ordeal out in space, and having checked out what was left of the fighter wing ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: enters the Bridge from the swishing turbolift doors ::  Bridge:  I have been cleared for duty.

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

:: Finishes double checking the last patient and heads to the bridge::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Welcome back, Lieutenant.  

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: picks her way over to her console ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: smiles at Wright :: CSO: It is good to see you... coherent again.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: greets Wright and Harper with a nod ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: nods to the XO :: Commander. :: starts to sit down but smells coffee ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: blinks at Blackthorne, taking a moment to internally assess. It had been a long battle, and she had chosen very little rest throughout :: CO: Actually, I do believe I will make an exception and partake in a caffeinated beverage. Will you monitor the comms?

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: sits down and turns to Harper, returning the smile rather sheepishly ::  NAV:  Hehe... sorry about that.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: nods to the XO ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: notes the sniffing :: NAV: Observation lounge.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CSO: You could not help it. Would you like some coffee?

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

:: after a longer than usual wait the TL arrives on the bridge and I step out heading for the non functional medical station::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

NAV:  Coffee sounds lovely, yes.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Chittering to himself in Andorian and Caitian. Trying to find something left somewhere... maybe something Atlantis does know about.::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: heads into the observation lounge and admires the improvised repairs on the coffee maker, pours two cups ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: leaves the Bridge to Blackthorne and makes her way into the Observation Lounge with Harper ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Looks up at the silent core.:: Self: If only it were safe to power you up. ::Continues searching.::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: finishes shoving the debris out of the way and stands on all fours for a moment, panting to catch her breath before getting on comm :: *Bridge* Kuari to Bridge.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

XO: It... works.

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

:: Nods to wright as he takes the station::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: picks up the comms ::  *SEC*  Bridge here.  Go ahead.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: surprised that T'Kirr wanted coffee, almost speechless, looks at a PADD :::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: nods to Slade ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

XO: I'll take your word for it. I'm unfamiliar with how a coffee maker actually works.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

XO: Do you take cream and sugar in your coffee? :: hands her the cup and pours a third ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

Self: We could borrow from the comm array.... but we just got it working.... that's ludicrous.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

XO: I...don't know.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

NAV:

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

XO: Well, let it cool a little, and try it without.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

NAV: That sounds logical.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

XO: Even we Risans use logic occasionally. :: smirks ::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

*CSO* :: lets out a relieved sigh to hear Wright on the comm and sits back on her haunches :: Alexis, they're done with me down here on Deck 21. I heard there was some damage on the Bridge?

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

Self: No we wont resort to that. ::Starts flicking through the ships manifest for ^any kind^ of battery.::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: blearily wakes up and pushes hair out of her face, looking around her very messy quarters :: Self: What...? Computer, what time is it?

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: raises an eyebrow and blows air gently over the coffee, unsure about its smell, but then she never did really need things to taste good ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

*SEC*  Yes, some.  There's this beam that came crashing down from the ceiling.

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

*CSO* Is it safe to move? Want some help?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: realizes she has no idea how Wright takes her coffee, so she grabs a couple of portable packets of cream and sugar from the surrounding mess, and stirs a little into her own cup ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: frowns at one of the comms ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

*SEC*  I'm not certain whether it's safe to move, but I think we'd be happy for your assistance if you're not needed elsewhere.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: ends up checking that old-fashioned clock she likes to keep around for some reason (magnetically bolted to a surface, of course) and swears a bit in Klingon when she realizes she's late for her shift :: Self: This is most unusual.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Sends a message to the flight bay for a battery inventory of the fighters, to recycle the energy back to Atlantis.::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: takes a tentative sip and winces a bit. It seems being alert so long has affected her tolerance levels, but she hopes it will help with her headache and walks back to the Bridge ::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

*CSO* :: gets back up and begins to hurry down the corridor, thinking it best to take the access tunnels :: On my way.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Let's talk in the ready room.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: comes to a stop with her steaming cup of coffee just inside the Bridge and nods to Blackthorne ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: returns to the bridge, carrying two cups of coffee and the miniature packs in between random fingers ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

::: enters the RR, finding it a bloody mess, of course ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: follows ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: once the door closes :: Comm from Zuriyev, to warn me. They're considering ... not repairing Atlantis.

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: meets other crew along the way clogging up the Jeffries tubes :: C'mon, hurry it up! It's only several stories of vertical climbing.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: straightens her uniform and makes sure her hair is in a decent, if rushed, style before hurrying out of her quarters and to the bridge, trying to think of a passable excuse for her tardiness. This is embarrassing enough without the others knowing ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: raises her eyebrows, genuinely surprised :: Is that so.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: offers a cup to Lexy :: CSO: Here. I did not know how you take your coffee, so I brought cream and sugar.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Inventory report comes in. The batteries have a relative oasis of energy... when compared to what everything else has left.::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: lets out a long sigh :: XO: Yeah... it's so.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::So not actually a lot.:j

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: makes to sit down on the couch, but it's covered in dust. After a moment of thought, she's covered in dust, too, so she sits anyway ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

NAV:  Thank you!  :: smiles and takes the proffered cup and assorted packets, then proceeds to put two creams and two sugars into her coffee ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: sweeps a pile of crap off his desk and onto the floor, then sits on the desk ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: steps into the TL, trying not to meet anyone's eyes :: TL: Bridge. :: wonders how she managed to fall asleep while fixing her quarters. The floor is decidedly uncomfortable. ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Zuriyev is fighting it, of course.

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: snakes out of an access opening, not bothering to close it as someone else goes in, and stands in line for the turbolift ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Sends what little power was gained from the fighters, and stores it in reserve... still trying to pinch a bit here and there elsewhere to make a reserve.::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: holds both hands around her coffee cup ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

CO: What is there reason? Too much damage?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CSO: You are welcome. :: notes the two creams/sugars :::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: steps out onto the bridge and silently takes her spot at an auxiliary station, going through what reports she can find at the moment ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: sips her doctored coffee with a satisfied "Ahh" ::

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

:: Looks at T'Lira and notices she is being sneaky so just smiles at her::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Yes, exactly that. I intend to put together a counter-argument that we aren't exactly swimming in spare ships.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: ignores just about everyone and works on that excuse. And judging from the reflection in this console, she looks like a complete mess. Highly disagreeable. It must be corrected. ::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: gets into the turbolift with a pile of other people, and she's of course the largest. Since her stop is the last one at the top of the ship, she lets a couple of especially-exhausted people sit on her back and gets them to laugh a bit ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: leans against the wall and sips her own ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

CO: Agreed. :: her mind goes back to her last review of the fleet, at how many ships were lost ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Don't tell anyone. Morale is bad enough.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: looks up and notes T'Lira looking slightly disheveled ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Integrates a tricorder into his console, and runs a diagnostic of the manoeuvring thrusters, to see how much they've got left in them.::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

CO: Of course.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: focuses really hard on these reports ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: eyes her for a moment, a thought having just taken him :: XO: Though I don't suppose you would want to retire to some quiet place, away from death and destruction?

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Sighs about the length of the diagnostic, despairing the lack of tea.::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: straightens a little :: CO: Do you?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

SCI: There is coffee in the observation lounge, Sehlat.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: It's tempting... very much so, after what we just lived through.

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: enters the Bridge, trotting out and looking around ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: smiles and gives Kuari a little wave ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: is confused :: NAV: Coffee? I am unfamiliar with the purpose of coffee outside of Academy "cram sessions" my roommates frequently undertook. :: realizes she'd rambling and cuts that off. ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: nods at Kuari ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: lowers her eyes and nods thoughtfully :: CO: It's not a decision to make right now, but I understand.

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: frowns :: All: Our ship's all broken.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Yeah... that was too close of a call. Anyway, we'll apparently have plenty of time to think on it.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: frowns and nods at Kuari ::  SEC:  Yeah it is.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

SCI: It gives you energy, warms you up, and just makes you feel better in general.

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SEC: The ship can be fixed, are you alright Lieutenant?

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

CO: Shore leave?

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Yes. Normally, this situation would call for Temporarily Assigned Duty for everyone, but there aren't enough ships.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

NAV: That may be an idea worth merit. Is there any tea in the lounge? :: averse to trying any more new things right now. The battle was enough. ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::As the results come in, and through the weight of the power levels; the reality whether Atlantis could fly herself home was either up to fate, or the strength of her and the crews will.::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: I imagine Starfleet will call some in for certain assignments.

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: notices Slade and stops in front of him :: CMO: Oh, yes I am, thank you. I didn't get shot.

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

SEC: glad to hear

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

SCI: The Admiral improvised a fix for the coffee maker, but I did not see any tea. Perhaps it can make some hot water for steeping.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: takes in the information without responding ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Rubs his eyes and sighs sadly.:: Self: There's nothing more I can do here....

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: sips at her coffee slowly ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

NAV: I believe I will attempt that. :: taps past a few reports on the console to find a more ambiguous one to leave for a moment :: CSO: Permission to leave the bridge to find tea?

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Pats the console.:: Self: Its up to you now my girl.

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: eyes the fallen beam and looks up at the ceiling ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: turns to look at T'Lira ::  SCI: ...Permission granted.  :: but doesn't say "you sure look like you could use some" despite thinking it vey loudly ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: turns and opens his desk, removing the holopic of T'Kirr and he on the beach of Calaphaltra, and replaces it on the desk where he was sitting, in the clean spot ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

CSO: Thank you. :: leaves the bridge in search of tea ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Slowly makes his way to the turbolift, exhausted.::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: watches Blackthorne ::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

-_-

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: watches Blackthorne ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

I secured it, and the other irreplaceable things, before the battle.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: along with his booze, but doesn't mention that because it'd ruin the effect ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Waits a long while before the lift comes. It looked as battered as everything else, but atleast it was still working.::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: down in the lounge, there is gratefully a source of hot water, but no tea packets to be found. :: Self: This will prove to be a dilemma. :: realizes she'd already run out of her personal stock. Her next back was in the back order somewhere ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: finds her mind wandering to thoughts of how close they came to a desk not being very secure, and at that point it wouldn't have mattered ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: sips at the coffee, not seeing much point to going to the helm, and stays leaning against the wall ::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: trots over to the beam :: CSO: I could probably move this, but I certainly can't put it back up on the ceiling right now.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: sips her coffee as well ::  SEC:  Maybe we could just move it out of the way?

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Steps out on to the bridge, saddened by the damage.::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: points :: CSO: Like over here? Sure.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: looks up into the hole where the beam used to be ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: searches through several anonymous-looking boxes before finally settling for this coffee substance. Tea will have to wait. Now... what to put in the coffee? ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Let's get back out there. We should be getting close to Vinland.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: replies by standing, still holding both hands around her cup ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

SEC: I will replace it myself. At a slightly later time.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: decides to go for an even number of one cream and one sugar packet. It smells palatable, so it should be decent enough to wake her up. She's still wondering how she managed to fall asleep on her floor ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: takes his coffee from the desk :: How do you like the coffee? I was surprised to hear you want some.

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

ENG: you look beat lieutenant, are you alright?

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

ENG: do you need some time in sickbay? :: gives him a sarcastic smile::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: drops down and manages to maneuver herself under a curved piece of the beam, wraps her tail around its length behind her, and begins to pull the beam forward close to the ground ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: returns to the TL and orders it to the bridge, holding the coffee tightly as she warily sips it :: Self: It will do

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Tactically hides his wrist.:: CMO: I will be fine doctor.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

CO: It's...serving its purpose. The caffeine has a noticeable effect.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: I'm pretty much immune from too much of it, but there's still a placebo effect left. : enters the bridge ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: follows out ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: walks back on the bridge and returns to her station, rather liking this coffee ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: impressed as he watches Kuari move the beam ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: looks around at the assembled crew, finding many here who usually aren't ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: notices Kuari dragging part of the Bridge, and also that T'Lira has coffee ::

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

ENG: be sure and let me know

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: watching Kuari ::  Easy... easy...

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: sips the coffee and looks over reports from the Hoffstaad, among other ships ::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: shifts as the beam rolls slightly off her rounded back and nudges it back in place with a wing ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Moves over to NAV, integrating his tricorder into it, calculating the most efficient course.:: CMO: I'll try...

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: thinks the Bridge rather full with its lowered functionality and purpose, but then so is most of the ship. It seems people are looking for a place to be useful and hang out ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: notes an engineer working on her console ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

SEC: Nicely done. :: sweeps off his chair and sits down ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Sighs, then feels Harper's eyes.:: NAV: The thrusters will have everything that can be given.

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: dumps her load off to one side and looks at it ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

ENG: Thrusters? You mean....?

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: notices that there's a random report from somewhere about ship repairs and accesses it to see if her leave will coincide with any of her friends from other ships ::

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

CO: Admiral I'm getting very limited information about our severely injured but I have ensured that all crew still on Atlantis are taken care of

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

aCMO: Thank you, doctor. I will, of course, need the full list as soon as possible.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: sits down next to Blackthorne, her chair having been occupied and isn't very dusty ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

NAV: There is no way under any deity I would let this ship be dragged into port...

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

CO: Aye Admiral

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: overhears :: ENG: Lieutenant, do you mean that we have thruster power and control restored?

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: watches some of the exchanges occurring around the bridge and is silently amused by some of the interactions ::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: decides she's done with the beam and goes over to sit on the floor by Wright ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: barely resists the urge to reach over and pat Kuari ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: smiles at the notion ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

CO: I've integrated this tricorder, to act as the main processor for the console. And I managed to... manage a flow of nebulously low levels of excess power into a reserve....

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

::: impressed :: ENG: Nice work, especially with what you have to work with. Flying home under our own power is only symbolic, but damn if we couldn't use it right now.

 

ACTION>

We drop from warp.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

CO: Whether we make it all sir... is up to the will of Captain and Crew.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

<all the way>

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

ENG: She'll make it. NAV: Take your station, Commander.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  Admiral, we're being told we've arrived and to prepare to be towed in.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Nods and surrenders the station.::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: smirks :: CSO: Tell them to bring us to the spacedoors, and from there, we'll fly in under our own power.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: subconsciously perks up at the mention of a safe port and a break from the combat ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CO: Gladly, sir. :: sits down at the helm gingerly queries it through a tentative button press ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

*Tow Truck*  Please being us to the spacedoors, and from there we'll fly in under our own power, thank you.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

TugDriver>

*CSO* It's your time to waste, Mac.

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: stands halfway and peeks over Wright's shoulder ::

ACTION>

The tug pulls Atlantis up to the spacedoors, zeroes out all relative velocity, maching the starbase's rotation, and flies off to wait for us to fail ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  We are at the spacedoors, sir.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: nods to Wright :: NAV: Take us in, Commander.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CO: Aye sir. :: nudges the ship forward ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: doesn't even have a screen to watch ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

Self: Come on girl, you can do it...

 

ACTION>

The thrusters respond and Atlantis slowly flies through the spacedoors.

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: feels a swell of pride in her breast ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: sits back a bit and relaxes over the rest of her coffee, which isn't much, and watches. She's been here many times before and isn't nervous at all ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CO: She is responding.... and we have cleared the doors. Dockmaster has us clear for berth six.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: feels mildly triumphant that Atlantis managed to do something with her own power ::

 

ACTION>

We can't see it, but the observation windows in the spacedock are crowded with people, who cheer for us upon seeing the obvious damage, and that we're flying in ourselves!

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Nods to the Admiral, and smiles.::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: peers a bit closer at Science over Wright's shoulder ::

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: orders the ship to turn to her berth, using counter-thrusters to null their forward rate and change vectors, and eases toward berth six :: Easy....

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: quietly :: ENG: Thank you, lieutenant.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: slows as the distance dwindles, using retro thrust ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: ever-so-gently glides Atlantis into the berth, and the docking clamps engage, followed by the umbilicals :

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CO: We are docked, Admiral.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

She did it. :: allows himself a bit of satisfaction :: CSO: Transfer to external power.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: tap tap ::  CO:  Transfer complete.

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: allows herself a tiny, almost invisible smile, more like a slight twitch of her lips. The Atlantis is safe and on her way to being repaired ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: breathes a sigh of relief ::

 

ACTION>

Once the power transfers, many of the lights come back on to normal levels.

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: squints ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

CSO: Ohhh, Lieutenant, please tell them to be gentle.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: really bloody hopes that wasn't the last trip for Atlantis, but puts that thought out of his mind ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*Shipwide* All hands, this is Admiral Blackthorne.

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: looks over at Ilaihr and raises her eyebrows ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: looks forward to sleep, people not trying to kill them, and a good meal aboard the Starbase ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: stands as he speaks :: *SW* We are safely docked at Starbase Vinland. Repairs will likely take months, and after your heroic actions, shoreleave has certainly been earned for all.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: pays attention to the announcement and to a new batch of reports on her console ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*SW* Some of you may be called in for temporarily assigned duty, due to the length of time that your home ship will be out of service, but rest assured that everyone will get a decent rest.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*SW* Your shoreleaves will be cleared to anywhere you can catch transports to, and as we go our separate ways, know that we'll return home. This crew will not be broken up any more than it already has been by our losses in battle.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: smiles ::

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

::Pride::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*SW* When we all meet again, our home will be repaired and gleaming, ready to take us on further adventures together. Until then..  enjoy your rest. You've all earned it, along with my gratitude and pride. Blackthorne out.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Chuckles.:: Self: I know where I'll be.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: mentally tries to think of a halfway decent place that she'd actually want to travel to for leave and cannot seem to think of one at the moment. Oh well. At least the Atlantis is well. And that was a most inspiring speech. Notes have been taken on delivery of that speech ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: tries not to dwell on how many pilots she lost and puts on the brave face :::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: sits back down and pats the chair arm ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: gazes up at Blackthorne, wondering if he's committing to those words of staying aboard the ship after all, or if he's just saying it for the ship ::

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Bridge: Secure all stations in downtime mode, if you can.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: secures her station ::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: swells a bit, her chest puffed out, and resists the temptation to be loud ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: secures station as ordered after transferring tagged reports to her personal PADD ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: powers down the helm with a hint of melancholy ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

CO: Engineering is handed over to emergency teams.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

ENG: Tell them that they'd better take damn good care of my ship.

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: takes Ian's hand on the chair arm and squeezes it briefly ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

CO: I will make sure of it personally, sir.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

ENG: Be sure that you do. :: squeezes T'Kirr's hand, knowing the political fight he's about to get in with the brass, like his career needed that ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: looks over at Harper hopefully ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: breathes a silent sigh of release as she tries to put her emotions back in a decent state ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: her console now shut down, she turns to stand and catches Wrights's look and returns a smile ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

CO: Be sure to ask for any other assistance if needed. ::Subtly motions his expression suggestively.::

<VAdmBlackthorne>

ENG: Thanks. :: no idea what he's on about :

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: watches Wright look at Harper and follows her line of sight, then looks between them ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: is still mildly amused by the interactions on the bridge at the moment ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: finds that it's sometimes best to not ask, and stands, looking around his bridge ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage