U.S.S. Atlantis - 11507.01, Mission #1051

"The Opening Shots"


 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: at the helm, trying in vain to evade as much weapons fire as possible :: TAC: Randen, have Quinn's shuttle swarm send one to that nearby carrier!

 

<aCMO_Dr_Slade>

:: taps on the screen at the medical station to make sure as many beds in shuttle bay 3 are available::

 

ACTION: Fire from the two remaining Tzenkethi Dreadnoughts rakes across the Atlantis' bare hull, the unholy wailing of ceramic ablative boiling off into space reverberates through the entire ship while consoles explode in main engineering, deflector control and on the bridge, the lights flickering plunging everyone into darkness for a brief moment, lit only by the sparking and flickering

 

<GM_James>

of their consoles before auxiliary power kicks them back on.

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: playing merry hell trying to limp back to the Atlantis for a brief stopover and trying to gun some boarding shuttles right the hell out of her sky ::

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

*Sharks* Sharks, Firefly – your number one priority is now the boarding shuttles. Do not let them reach Atlantis, no matter the cost!

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

CO: Yes Sir.  :: Relays the message to Quinn through his console. ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

*Sharks* That may be complicated by how many fighters wish to be the bait for a distraction at this moment.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: ducks a shower of sparks from her console ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: eyes lit only by the console in flashing bridge lights ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: notices that warp drive just went offline in that blast :: *ENG* Bridge to Engineering!

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Running around like a headless chicken, trying to get on top of things.:: Engineering: Redistribute all secondary and emergency power to the shields.... GET THEM BACK UP!

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

*CO*: Ilaihr here Admiral!

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: is focused completely at her console on the Bridge, watching the state of the enemy surrounding Atlantis and whatever ships they have left ::

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

:: determined, she takes several hits to the aft shields as she rushes the boarding shuttles, firing microquantums on her approach as she reconfigures shields to double aft ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*ENG* We need to retreat, how long until warp drive, or the shields, are restored?

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  Admiral, the Dreadnought that has stopped firing seems to be charging up it's main deflector... and funneling weapons power to it!

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: tries to swerve around a decidedly unfriendly fighter that wants to be the bait, but it plays chicken and almost clips her wing :: Self: You are now getting to be a nuisance that must be dealt with...

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Send one of Quinn's shuttle swarms right into that deflector!

 

ACTION: The ship continues to shake and roll under the pumelling fire of one Dreadnought

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  Admiral, I think it's some sort of ... controlled, gravitic energy pulse!

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

:: destroys two boarding shuttles in her approach volley, then slams her fighter sideways into a strafing circle ::

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: Watches the approach of the enemy boarding shuttles. ::  CO: Boarding parties are closing in...

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

TAC: I realize they're small targets, but phaser those shuttles.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

*CO*: Everything is an indeterminate mess sir. We pumping everything we can to restore the shields... the warp engines are another story entirely... the nacelles can't properly focus a warp field... we're having to bypass damage EPS conduits. The best I can give you is Impulse at the minute, sir.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: frantically taps her fingers on the console to send a swarm of shuttled into the deflector ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

ENG* Work on shields then!

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: grips her seat and listens to the comm ::

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

:: keeping the nose pointed at the shuttles and empties her last microquantums into them ::

 

ACTION: Another heavy hit slams into the Atlantis' hull, rocking everyone hard in their seats, the ablative matrix dissipating only so far as the blast rips straight through the bulkhead and opens up a section of deck to the harsh cold of space. Hull breach warnings go off on the Bridge and Engineering.

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

:: while also losing her shields from the harassing fighters, she swears elaborately in Urdu ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

Engineering: Get those shields up now!

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: Sweeps a phaser path until it hits a shuttle and watches it explode.  Then targets the next shuttle. ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: well-practiced at holding onto a seat, frowns as the DC display lights up like an exmas tree ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  The Dreadnought's deflector is nearing maximum capacity... whatever it is, they're going to unleash it soon!

 

ACTION: As one boarding needle explodes, another swooped beneath the path of the Atlantis' phaser fire, finding that newly opened breach and slamming straight into it. As the small boarding vessel rams into the ship's hull, it seals up the breach but begins unloading hardened Tzenkethi troops.

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

CO: One got through.  We're being boarded.

<VAdmBlackthorne>

TAC: Get down there and get them off my bloody ship.

 

ACTION: Intruder alarms flash on the Tactical console - Deck 11, Section 13.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: breaks away from her current "friend" and heads for the protrusion in an attempt to blast it away from the Atlantis ::

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

:: focusing on the remaining boarding shuttles, despite having no shields ::

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

:: deftly dodging and rolling to avoid enemy fire, she destroys another shuttle ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Take the tactical station.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Falls into a barely functioning console as the ship is struck. Slams it back on and gets to work at controlling the power distribution.::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Intruder alert, warn all hands!

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: gets up and relieves Tactical ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO: The shuttles are being picked off... it's firing!

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

CO: Yes Sir.  *Security* Security, send men to meet me at Deck 11, Section 13.  And one to man my console.  :: Enters the TL ::  Deck 11.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: tries like hell to get out of the way ::

 

ACTION: Just as the second Dreadnought fires, the USS Sentinel swoops between the Atlantis and the attacking vessel, the lance of directed energy slamming into the ship's shields and sending her careening through space at a sickly angle, plasma gushing from splits in her hull and both nacelles - but not before she fires a salvo of torpedoes.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: rolls under and realizes that the boarder is stuck pretty tightly in there and dislodging it violently could lead to a new host of problems. Back into the main fray it is ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

*Taps his commbadge* SEC: Security what sections are the intruders located on?

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: double takes :: Damn, Claire, I owe you for that one.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Everything on that dreadnought that just hit Sentinel.

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: Unholsters his type 2 phaser and double checks the settings during the TL ride. ::

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

:: the cumulation of fire has given her warp core a serious heat problem :: Shit.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: launches her last microtorpedo at a boarding shuttle. It blows up, but that leaves her with her mildly damaged cannons :: Self: This will be a problem.

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

*Ilaihr* Deck 11, Section 13.

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

:: finishes off another with phasers, but the heat problem is getting worse ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: reading Tactical console :: Admiral, the Tzenkethi

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

SEC_Lt_Syvek>

:: already on deck 11 with a squad of Marines ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

's core is going critical.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: turns Atlantis and guns it the hell away from that ::

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: When the TL reaches Deck 11, I leave it and head to section 13. ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

*SEC*: The problem with our shields and engines is that we can't reroute enough power without overloading some power junctions... Deck 11 Section 13 just volunteered for some possibly dangerous power rerouting.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: does a mental toss up on whether to go back and restock or not, but decides to wing it in an illogical fashion and guns it towards the closest boarder ::

 

ACTION: The Atlantis rocks again as the remaining Dreadnought begins to hammer at her hull with renewed vigor, the intertial dampeners only compensating for so much as it rocks back and forth

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

SEC: Reporting as ordered.

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

*Sharks* Sharks, Firefly - my warp core is going critical and I can not stop it. Leave the final boarding shuttle to me.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Aft quantums!

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

*Sharks* Firefly, if you are thinking what I believe you are, that would be highly illogical, not to mention very dangerous to your continued health and well-being

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: eyes open wide as she hears what Harper is saying ::

 

ACTION: A handful of Tzenkethi, ranging from 9 to 11 feet tall and with their armoured skin glistening in the low light, appear around the corner on Deck 11 - they spot the Starfleet crew and immediately start to fire their noisy, uncouth disruptors.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: fires Atlantis' aft torpedoes as they flee ::

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

:: programs Boudica's computer to execute a collision course that can respond to any evasion from the target :: *Sharks* I intend to eject, of course, but either way this fighter is going to explode.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Starts rerouting power through that section, using it as an expressway for energy transfer. Possibly more power than some of the tertiary channels can handle.::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: stifles a sigh and goes to cover that ejection :: Self: Of all the foolish, illogical things to do in a battle field...

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

:: manages to shoot down another fighter on approach :: time is getting short, though...

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: Returns fire.  Hits one in the face. ::  Hurts, doesn't it?

 

ACTION: The Atlantis' torpedoes slam into the Dreadnought, finishing the job as it splits at the seams, the explosion pushing huge chunks of bulhead outwards in a rippling wave of debris.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: finds a fighter that is targeting the Boudica and dusts it, checking for others :: *Sharks* I will cover you, Firefly

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: biting her lip in sheer anxiety, still listening to Harper ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Keeps an eye on the power transfer, as he attempts to bump start the shields.::

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

*Sharks* Thank you Sehlat! :: executes the final autopilot command to Boudica's computer :: Good-bye, old friend. :: pats the console, and pulls the eject handle ::

 

ACTION: Deck 11 soon becomes clouded with phaser and disruptor fire crossing paths, the first casualty to go down is one of the hulking lizards - missing half of it's face from Randen's shot::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

Self: Come on.... Atlantis: Come on girl.... you can do it....

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: sees the ejection and keeps an eye on the scanners to ward off any potential unfriendlies ::

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

:: the canopy peels back and she is shot out of the Boudica at high speed, pulling lots of Gs, strains against it to keep from blackout ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: comes back about to deal with the remaining dreadnought ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

SEC_Lt_Syvek>

:: brings his squad of Marines around to the flank of the Tzenkethi intruders :

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: reaches Deck 11 with her security team, easily finds the firefight, and begins to assist ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: looks for the other Sharks on the screens ::

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

SEC_Redshirt_1>

TAC: That's it.  No more "Man of Steel" for you if that's where your getting your catch phrases from...

 

ACTION>

The Boudica rams into the final boarding shuttle and explodes, taking its target with it.

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Stress levels begin to rise in some of the conduits at D11S13::

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: rolls eyes and focuses on the fire-fight. ::

 

ACTION: Syvek gets a surprise when he meets a flanking Tzenkethi force in close quarters, a fistful of six-inch claws taking the face from one of the Marines just ahead of him

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

SEC_Lt_Syvek>

:: jams his rifle into the stomach of the lizard and pulls the trigger exactly six times ::

 

ACTION: The Tzenkethi falls to the ground, missing quite a sizeable portion of it's middle bits

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

:: is floating with decent speed, but with an amazing view of the battle, and finds that suddenly she's left only with the sound of her breath in the suit :: *Sharks* I... have ejected safely..

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: A big lizard gets too close.  Grabs his scaley head and slams it into the wall. ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: visibly almost collapses with relief ::

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

:: slightly out of breath from the G-strain and rush of it all ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: noticing that with her cannons, she'd only got engine power truly left, so decides to float closer to Harper and blast anyone who gets within range ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

Atlantis: Either blow the channels or raise the shields. You don't have to do both... ::Watches as powerlevels continue to rise, whilst still trying to bump start the shields with the power trickling in.::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

SEC_Lt_Syvek>

:: tosses a grenade around the corner where that thing came from :

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: Braces himself for the grenade detonation. ::

 

ACTION: The Atlantis rocks hard again, the ablative armour failing on her ventral side as she dodges several shots from the Tzenkethi but takes the full brunt of a torpedo against her hull - the hull breach alarms start shrilling once more.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: sees the new hull breach on the Atlantis and mentally rolls through a list of choice curses, but thankfully not voicing any of them aloud ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Come on, stay with me... :: turns Atlantis so that the other side's armor is toward the dreadnought as he presses the attack run ::

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

:: still floating along the course provided by her ejection, since there is nothing to slow her ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Is rocked again by the strike. Barely holding on.:: Atlantis: Come on! ::Hits the console.::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: mentally plots a course to the Atlantis's launch bay and inputs it :: *Sharks* Firefly, this may sound potentially unsuccessful, but if you would grab onto some part of my fighter, I can pilot you back to the Atlantis. :: winces at how wierdly that came out ::

 

ACTION: Smoothly rotating to turn the weakened side away from the direction of incoming fire, the Atlantis speed in for a strafing run, her phasers answering the Dreadnought's distruptors, beams of energy lancing through space to strike the grey-green hull of the enemy vessel in a shower of sparks and brief flits of plasma fire that're snuffed out by vacuum.

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

*Sharks* If you are willing to try the maneuver, there is room in your cockpit for me behind your seat. It is challenging, but I once brought Chaka back to the ship that way.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

SEC_Lt_Syvek>

:: follows the grenade explosion with a rush from his squad into the smoke and gore ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

SEC_Lt_Syvek>

:: shoots anything still moving ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: cranes to look behind and spots the area :: Self: Thorough inspections are required... *Sharks* One moment, please. :: makes sure helmet is secured on and reaches to pop the canopy :: Will that be sufficient space?

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: Fires aimlessly through the smoke, since there's so much they can't see through it. ::

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

*Sharks* It is not exactly a luxury spaceliner, but it is better than the alternative. You'll have to match my course and speed exactly, and I have no maneuvering capability beyond venting suit air.

 

ACTION: On Deck 11, shots are being traded back and forth, the cries of the wounded and the dying ringing out through the smoke. The Tzenkethi fall back towards their vessel.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::The shield emitters chug, before power starts to steadily flow more freely.::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: is listening intently to the exchange between Harper and T'Lira ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Use the last of Quinn's shuttle swarm. One against the remaining carrier, and the others against that dreadnought.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: narrows her eyes :: Self: If I can manage this... :: temporarily dims down impulse power and relies solely on thrusters to try to get close enough to match speed ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

CO: Aye.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

Atlantis: Come on... spark those shields back to life...

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: manages to get semi-close and decides to slide in just ahead of Harper on her projected course before reengaging impulse ::

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

:: watches the fighter approaching ::

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

:: notices that she must be stressed - she actually managed to use a contraction correctly in her instructions ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: watches one of the shuttles speed off towards the carrier and sends the rest towards the dreadnought ::

 

ACTION: As she turns through space, moving away from her firing run, the Dreadnought hammers as the Atlantis' hind quarters. The lack of ablative shielding on the nacelles means that each shot slams through bare hullmetal, the entire ship swinging wildly on her axis from the attack while warning lights go off and the console next to Ilaihr's explodes - the poor Ensign standing next to

 

<GM_James>

it flying backwards to crash heavily against the wall.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: accidentally ends up a bit too far ahead on the course path, so back up just a tiny bit :: *Sharks* That is as close as I can get at this moment without utilizing the slow capacity of natural drift.

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

*Sharks* I can not reach. I can vent some suit air to push me closer.

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: Keeps firing towards the intruders, pushing them back towards their shuttle. ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

SEC_Lt_Syvek>

:: pushes the assault with his squadron ::

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

:: keys the rear dump valve while monitoring her air supply ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Calmly grabs an extinguisher and puts the now flaming ensign out.:: All: Get this man a medic!

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: emits a muttered curse and tries to back up a bit, but doesn't want to burn Harper with the engine burn :: *Sharks* That is the only option at the moment.

 

ACTION: The two Starfleet squads meet up near the Tzenkethi needle ship, the remaining two lizards hunked down behind the boarding doors, firing widly.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: brings Atlantis back about for another run on the dreadnought ::

 

ACTION>

The carrier falls prey to a shuttle at warp up its bay doors and explodes, so at least we have that going for us. The others in the swarm impact the dreadnaught.

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: Fires more firecely. :: Get off my pla-... ship!

 

ACTION: Atlantis and the Dreadnought face off once more, the area now teeming with combined forces - Starfleet and Tzarth's loyalists swooping through the area, dodging wrecks and exploding vessels.

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

:: still having a few hours of air in her ECLSS, she vents a bit more and reaches for the edge of Sehlat's Mustang ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Glances over the dismal news from deflector control. Smashing his fist onto the console.:: *Bridge*: Engineering to Bridge. That last hit has completed disabled the deflector.... I cannot bring back the shields.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: stares at the dreadnought on the viewer :: I guarantee you that we'll be the ones left standing at the end of this.   *ENG* Everything to weapons, then!

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: tries to move the fighter back a teensy bit more ::

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

*Sharks* Almost...  :: keeps the valve open, her air hissing into space ::

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

:: grabs the edge! ::

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

ALL: You heard the man! Full power to the weapons. Overcharge

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: lets loose a faint curse in some archaic form of Tellarite she'd once heard Elena use as she tries to look back without messing up the controls ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: plots in a nice attack run based on previous weapons arcs and thinks his plan over to T'Kirr ::

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

:: get her left hand on the edge and pulls herself in, grabbing T'Lira's chair with the right ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

*Sharks* Welcome aboard, Firefly.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: lets loose a sigh of deep relief ::

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

*Sharks* Thank you, Sehalt. Does this bus go to Cavan? :: folds herself into the cramped space behind the seat, tossing out a few non essentials ::

 

ACTION: A concentrated blast of distruptor fire slams right through the Atlantis' saucer, opening up the bottom of Deck 17 and ripping through the ship all the way to Deck 5. The Atlantis' answering volley shreds open the Dreadnought's main doors just before a volley of quantum torpedoes slam into the exposed innards, the explosion tearing outwards half way along it's hull.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Brings up the power distribution for the phasers, and increases their load to the maximum safety limit and ready to go higher, with everything left over in the engines.::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: grimaces ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

*Sharks* If I understood that metaphor, the answer would still be no. :: slides the canopy closed and lets the air flow boot back up while plotting a course for the Atlantis ::

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

*Sharks* At least your mastery of various forms of profanity is up to the proper level. :: plugs her ECLSS into the Mustang's systems ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*ENG* DC teams to the hull breaches in the saucer!

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: thankful she is facing forward because that is quite the embarrasment going on right now ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: distracted by alarms ::  CO:  Sir, Deck 5 is venting into space... the emergency shielding isn't going up.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Erect forcefields around those breaches!

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: attempts to erect forcefields around those breaches as instructed ::

 

ACTION: The Atlantis rocks as she gets smashed again, the ablative plating holding.

 

ACTION: The Dreadnought lists to one side, the entire port hull split open - she keeps firing, though.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Moves the teams to their positions. All the while still trying to keep the weapons firing and the lights running.::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: She's on the ropes! Unload everything into that breach!

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: heads back to the Atlantis and mentally berates herself for using such language aloud, or at least where other people could hear. It was hardly proper ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: brings Atlantis about for another run ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

CO: The dreadnought's maneuvering thrusters seem to be down. Judging by their weapons array...we have eighty degrees we can approach. Get behind it!

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

SEC_Lt_Syvek>

:: presses forward, attempting to pin the invaders back on their ship ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: :: drives Atlantis into the gap in their weapons arc, then pulls around to attack ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Can no longer guarantee everything isn't going to explode at once.::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: manages a bumpy landing on the Atlantis as the ship is moving far to jaggedly at the moment for a smooth landing :: *Sharks* Landing complete.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: peppers the dreadnought with focused phaser fire ::

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

:: looks outside the canopy and sees the lights to be quite dim ::

 

ACTION: Two thrusters refuse to fire, the Atlantis maneuvering oddly as she comes around for another pass. Her shots are on target, multiple phaser blasts and a salvo of torpedoes pumelling the breach in the Dreadnought's hull, the force sending it reeling through space, spinning and without power as plasma leaks from various wounds.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: squares her shoulders now that Harper is safe and back aboard Atlantis.  Must /focus/.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: pops the canopy and clambers ungracefully out before removing her helmet :: CAG: It appears that the Atlantis has sustained severe damage.

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

:: notices that T'Lira seems to be able to breathe, questioned that for a moment, then removes her own helmet :: SCI: You may be safer going back out. :: unfolds herself and climbs down ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: follows, intending to be sure that thing is finished off ::

 

ACTION: The Tzenkethi's last shot rings out like a dying wail, the Atlantis' position exposing her ventral wound just long enough for a disruptor beam to rake across her hull, opening the entire engineering section of the ship. The lights die as panels explode, conduits blow out from the bulkheads and console spark and burst into flames, inertial dampeners doing nothing to keep people

 

<GM_James>

standing as main power goes offline as the Atlantis spins through space

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: Presses forward as well, trying to push the enemy futher into their needle ship. ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: lifts an eyebrow :: CAG: Were my fighter not running on cannons and low engine and shield power, I may consider it. However, that would be unadvisable. :: focuses on a dent to the fighter when she ends up clinging to the fighter :: What was that?

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: is finally thrown from the helm ::

 

ACTION: The Dreadnought explodes, its core detonating under the stress of that attack and the shockwave slams into the wounded Atlantis - the crew are thrown about once more, another explosion on the bridge sends a beam crashing down from the ceiling to smash heavily on the ground

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

:: holds on to the ladder as Atlantis is tossed around, finally is torn loose and thrown backwards into an load of supplies :: OOooooof.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: is dumped unceremoniously onto the floor, whanging her head on the console on the way down ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: the crashing beam barely misses him, acrid smoke filling the bridge ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: tries to cling to the fighter, but that second disturbance was strong enough to loosen that grip and suddenly she's on the floor :: Self: This suit is most certainly not made for falling.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: ducks behind Tactical and can do nothing but hold on and feel for Blackthorne to make sure he's all right ::

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

:: falls to the deck, the wind knocked out of her ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: shakes his head clear and looks around, blinking through the smoke ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: yells:: Bridge: Is anyone hurt?!

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Is catapulted to the floor. Has a gash across his head and a broken wrist. Pulls himself up and slumps into a nearby functioning console. Staring at the damage report.::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: feels for T'Kirr with his mind, finding her ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

Bridge: I'm all right!

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: crawls for the helm and pulls himself into the chair after sweeping out some hot debris ::

 

ACTION: Cries of the wounded echo through the smoke before the emergency lighting flicks on, giving everyone a view of the dead and flickering consoles

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: accidentally lets a faint Andorian curse loose as she pulls herself to her hands and knees :: I disagree strenuously with whatever that was.

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: gets up from her flattened position on the floor and takes stock of her security team on Deck 13 :: Sound off!

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

:: responds with an Andorian curse of her own ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: dazed and reeling from the beam falling right next to her, doesn't respond right away ::

<VAdmBlackthorne>

SEC_Lt_Syvek>

:: slightly unconcious ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: fights to get the helm to respond and get some control over Atlantis ::

 

ACTION: On Deck 11, what Marines and security personnel are left start picking themselves up and sounding off - the Tzenkethi they were attacking obviously not trained to cope with being without interial dampeners, as they now adorn one of the bulkheads

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: looks to Wright and, not finding her, calls her name while assessing a larger concern, Atlantis ::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

CSO: Lieutenant Wright! Are you all right?

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

((TKirr...))

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

:: regains her footing :: SCI: We should try to get to the bridge.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: looks around in the red emergency lighting, through the smoke::

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: clings to the fighter to stand, with an uncomfortable sprained ankle :: CAG: I agree. Are the turbolifts functioning?

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Manually patches in a comm to the bridge.:: *Bridge*: Bridge... that's it. Primary and Secondary power is offline....Emergency power and is at a trickle.... powering protected systems... I've had to patch this comm through a bypass... communication s are spotty.

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

SCI: I do not know. :: glances at her ankle :: Can you walk?

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: raises her head as she hears her name and checks it for blood ::  T'Kirr:  I'm... ::coughing:: I'm okay,.... :: somewhat weakly::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*ENG* I need helm control, of some sort, somehow.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: getting nothing from the console ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

CAG: I will manage. Pain is nothing but a distraction at this moment :: pushes said pain to the back of her mind and puts her full weight on her ankle, ignoring what that would earn her later ::

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

SCI: Alright, we go. :: lost her helmet in the tossing around bit, still in her spacesuit, heads for the doors out :

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

*CO*: A few seconds of thrusters is all I can give you sir... enough to regain control. But there is nothing left sir. The core is offline.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*ENG* Control is better than what we have now, do it.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: follows and adjusts the collar of this infernal suit just slightly ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: can't get her console to power up, so instead moves to Wright and kneels down and notices she is nursing her head ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: lets out a long breath, having to cope with the inevitable :: XO: Begin preparations to abandon ship.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Uses the console behind him to reroute and reboot the NAV comm, and gives the thrusters a jolt. Before that console too fizzles.::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: sees the helm come back to life and arrests the ship's uncontrolled movements ::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: assesses the Tzenkethi along the bulkhead and, deciding they're no longer a threat, attempts to comm the Bridge, but finds comms down ::

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

:: enters the TL with T'Lira :: Bridge?

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: Looks up at T'Kirr ::  I hit... my head pretty good coming down.  It's bleeding pretty good.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

CAG: Main power may be offline, judging from the state of the lighting. :: looks around ::

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

SCI: This is emergency lighting, so no mains or secondaries.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

CAG: Jeffries' tubes, then?

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

:: is surprised as the TL begins to move ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Pats the bulkhead.:: Atlantis: We pushed you too hard it seems....

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

CAG: It appears this is working, after all

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: successfully smearing blood all over her face when trying to wipe it off ::  I think...  :: mumble :: ...okay, though.

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

SCI: I will not complain.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

CAG: Agreed. At least the turbolift is functioning, if nothing else

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: the helm console being alive, a communique is queued up and waiting ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

CO: Comms are down.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Surveys the now dark and lifeless warp core, the red emergency lighting and flashes of consoles and power conduits. Engineering is dead, yet in chaos.::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: The backup alarm then.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

CO: Understood.

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: brings up the communique and starts to read :: XO: Belay that!

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: brings Wright's hand to her head and indicates she should apply pressure, then moves to start the alarm ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: stands :: Jormungandr reports that we have broken the Tzenkethi lines and that they're starting to retreat.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: applies pressure to her head, still in sort of a jumble on the floor ::

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

:: the TL arrives and swooshes open, displaying the terrible scene on the bridge ::

 

ACTION: One of the Turbolift doors is stuck, jutting half-open at a jaunty angle.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: stares around the bridge before moving to check on the wounded, snatching an emergency medikit from somewhere nearby ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: orders a cadet to get the medical kit and bring it to Wright ::

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

:: pushes through the broken door and spies Wright, rushes to her ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: points the cadet to help someone else as she brings the medikit over to Wright :: CSO: It appears that you have taken a fall, sir. :: passes the medikit over ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: noting that they aren't being hit by any weapons fire, turns away from the mostly useless helm ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: returns to Tactical and attempts to get further reports on the state of the ship ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: It may be futile, but any kind of damage report would be handy. What is actually still working?

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: drops her gaze away from someplace far far away and up to T'Lira and Harper ::  Harper:  Oh, Hi...

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

:: rummages through the medkit T'Lira has and finds the dermal regenerator ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

*CO*: Engineering is still here sir. Everything is basically offline.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: surveys the bridge and finds some hapless ensign unconscious near the engineering station, so she snags a tricorder and goes to check him ::

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

:: lifts Lexy's hand off the wound and uses the dermal regenerator on it :: Hi yourself.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: attempts to read her console that keeps blinking out :: Life support and a few turbolifts are working. I believe we have minimal thrusters.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

*CO*: This dedicated hard line is this most functional thing on board.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

SCI: T'Lira, take Wright's station.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*ENG* Can you get impulse power on any timeline?

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

CO: Aye sir. :: passes the tricorder to the cadet and resists a comment about the futileness of such an action ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: steps over a mound of debris ::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: finds Syvek unconscious and orders those of his team to carry him and a few to stay behind with the Tzenkethi bodies ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

*CO*: At the minute I'm redirecting what personnel I have close to hand to get emergency batteries plugged into critical zones.

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

:: looks up at the Admiral :: Shall I take the helm, sir?

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: smiles with her blood-streaked face turned up to Harper ::  Harper:  You're so nice.  I hit my head a little.  :: mumbling slightly ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CAG: No need, we have no engines.

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: can't help but notice the stillness of Atlantis, her usual hum now silent, and knows she's severely crippled ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*ENG* GEt us some communications, then.

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: looks for Cadet Randen, knowing he was here before ::

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

:: turns back to Lexy :: CSO: Just a little. :: smiles as she closes the wound ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

*CO*: With our communications as they are it's a scrabble to coordinate <any>

meaningful repair.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

SCI: Anything on sensors, or any comm chatter?

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: Looking over the scene of the fire fight, getting details together for his report. ::

 

ACTION: Friendly Starfleet vessels begin to pull up alongside the Atlantis while others still chase and harry the retreating Tzenkethi forces. A medical team beams onto the bridge, along with a few key areas like triage stations and Sickbay, while a damage control and engineering team beams into Main Engineering.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: the station is totally unresponsive and annoyingly silent :: CO: The station is functioning at minimal power, so I cannot ascertain if sensors or comms, either internal or external, is functional at this time

 

ACTION>

One of those ships is, of course, the usually-forgotten Discovery.

 

<Cmdr_Willoughby>

::looks around the Atlantis bridge with a wince, then spots the pips:: VAdm: Sir, Admiral. Apologies for the intrusion, we couldn't raise you on comms.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: turns quickly as transporter shimmers apear ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: lifts an eyebrow to punctuate her point ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: looks up at the beam-in ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

ERT: Right ladies and gentlemen... we need communications and impulse engines up ASAP.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Ah! Commander. Well, I must say, we're glad to see you.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Is grateful of the backup.::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: attempts to make the console work, but it just sputter sadly ::

 

<Cmdr_Willoughby>

::smiles slightly and nods:: VAdm: It's always a pleasure to see you too, Sir. We've got a tug on the way and there's an SCE team in Engineering shoring everything up.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Willoughby: The last word we had was that the enemy was in full retreat?

 

<Cmdr_Willoughby>

::nods:: VAdm: There have been trickles for the last few hours, but as soon as you took out that last Dread they turned tail and ran - most are heading towards Sigma Rho, Captain Griffiths ordered us to harry them the entire way there.

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

:: gets the medical tricorder and scans for concussion ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: listens closely to Willoughby's report ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CAG:  Was it pretty?

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Cradles his wrist, but gets back to work.:: ERT: Scratch the engines... get our integrity field back up.

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

CSO: Was what pretty, Lexy?

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

:: notes the obvious concussion, sees what's in the first aid kit if anything ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CAG:  When you were flying through space.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: lets out a breath of relief :: Willoughby: Good to hear. We are, it would seem, done for.

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

CSO: ...Yes, it was. Stark, serene, and silent.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: pats the helm console :: The old girl has given all she has.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: relaxes her shoulders in relief that it's finally over ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: smiles again ::  CAG: :: softly :: I'm really glad you're okay, Kate.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: gives up on the console and focuses on trying to help the medical team treat the wounded ::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

:: approaches Randen :: TAC: Cadet.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

*CO*: She's feeling poorly right now sir, but we'll get her back on her feet.

 

<Cmdr_Willoughby>

::looks around at the destruction, the heavy beam across the bridge and the cleaming consoles marred with dirt:: VAdm: I think she's got a few more kicks in her yet, Sir. We're going to tow you back to Victoria, they've got a berth waiting for you.

 

<Cmdr_Willoughby>

<Vinland>

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

TAC: Thanks for the help down here. If you're finished here, come with us to Security for further orders.

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

CSO: Thank you, Lexy. I am glad that you will be fine too.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CAG:  I will?  Oh, good.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Willoughby: That will be fine. I'm going to owe a lot of people a lot of drinks after this.

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

CSO: Just a concussion. :: smiles :: No more nasty bleeding.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Potters about... not quite sure where to start; between the exploded consoles and the hull breaches.::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: is probably annoying the medical team, but has run straight out of caring at this point ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: tries to stand up ::

 

<CAG_Cdr_Harper>

:: places a hand on her shoulder ::: You might want to stay sitting for now.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: looks at Wright :: CSO: That would be unwise.

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

SEC: Aye Sir.  Lead the way.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: dusts off the helm :: Let's get her cleaned up, then.

 

<Cmdr_Willoughby>

::can't help but flash a grin:: CO: I'll start running your tab, Sir. With permission, Admiral, I'd like to oversee the SCE team.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: relaxes back down to sitting, looking at Harper and T'Lira ::  Both:  ...Well okay then.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: finds T'Kirr through the remaining smoke and makes eye contact, then back to Willoughby :: Granted.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: lifts an eyebrow and returns to helping the medical team ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage