U.S.S. Atlantis - 11506.03, Mission #1047

"The Opening Shots"


 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: on the Bridge in her usual place, just off-center ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: in the ready room, a giant fleet visible out the window, forming up battle plans and orders to distribute ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: goes through any and all current reports she can find and distinctly does not like any of them ::

 

<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

@::stands on the bridge of the Jörmungandr, tapping his fingers against his palms, trying to hude his anxiety:: jOPS: Raise the Atlantis on the comm. I think this will be all she wrote.

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: On the bridge, manning the Tactical Console, monitoring his Tactical sensors. ::

 

<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

<jOPS>

::does the comms shuffle, hailing the Atlantis and Admiral Blackthorne::

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: has brought himself back into something resembling composure and is in Sickbay, helping to transition to Doctor Slade running things. ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Seeing to it that all external hatches are sealed, the hull is ready to be electrified and that all systems are green.::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: seals everything up into the official packet of orders on the PADD and looks at it for a long moment, the calm before the storm ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: sitting at her console, monitoring fleet communications ::  XO:  We are being hailed, Commander.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

: arrives on to the bridge a couple of hours later than usual, still on limited duty ::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

::Listening intently to Dr Tav on the duties I will be covering in his absence::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: looks up :: CSO: Bring it up.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: notes Harper and nods to her ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: puts it on screen ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: returns the nod to T'Kirr as she sits at the helm and begins her routine of checking everything over ::

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

MED: ... but you know what you're doing. I have faith in you as a doctor to cover for me here. Let's go into my... the office and complete the process of handing the keys to Sickbay over to you.

 

<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

@::smiles at the unfamiliar Vulcan on screen:: *XO*: Commander, this is Captain Griffiths. We're all set here, this is everyone that can arrive in time and I don't want to give the Tzenkethi more time to reinforce - I'm putting the fleet under Admiral Blackthorne's command. We'll move out on his command.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

CMO: YOUR office will be waiting for your return commander, I'm glad you have faith in me. We will hold down the fort as it were until your return.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: follows Tav into the CMO office::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

*@CO* Understood. I'll inform him immediately.

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

MED: Good. :: pauses for a moment, thoughtfully :: Well, let's do this. :: heads into the office and very intentionally sits across from his normal seat, gesturing to Slade. ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: sighs and picks up the PADD, and takes a moment to contemplate the bottles of very good liquor on the ready room wall ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: wonders how this battle will turn out ::

 

<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

@::nods:: *XO*: Thank you, commander. Jörmungandr out. ::closes the comm, then heads for the TIC to begin setting up for battlefield strategy::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

CMO: No sir it's your desk when you're here :: shakes head after looking at the empty seat::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

::  takes them all down and secures them in the drawers of the desk, which don't really have anything in them since what the hell would you need to keep in there in the 24th century anyway  ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: rises from her seat and alerts the RR's door chime ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

aENG: Everything down here appears to be in good order. Do we have anyone manning the bridge console?

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Come.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: tucks away the cigars, too ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: enters and her eyes meet Blackthorne's, speaking once the door closes behind her :: CO: Captain Griffith's of the Jörmungandr is ready and at your command.

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: gestures to the seat that he knows Slade doesn't want to take. :: MED: Sit. It's an order.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: smirks :: XO: And the other 498 ships?

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Sits reluctantly in the CMO desk chair:: CMO: aye sir

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: perks an eyebrow :: Assuming they're under his command, they would be ready as well.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

<aENG_Symmonds>

ENG: I don't think so sir. Would you like me to go up there?

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Right, yes. :: lets out a breath and hands her the PADD :: This is it, T'Kirr. These are the battle plans and orders.

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: takes the PADD and peruses it with downcast eyes ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

aENG: No no, I shall the post, I can more easily coordinate things down here if I have eyes on up there.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: quietly :: XO: We expect over 1500 ships against us.

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: moves his gesture to the monitor on the desk :: MED: Take a moment and get used to it. You'll want to learn to watch what's going on all around the ship. You can use other viewscreens, but this is the easiest place to do it. You also have this viewscreen behind me to move information around easily. I suggest you use every centimeter of screen you have here. You'll need it.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: finds everything to be in order with her console ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: looks at him :: CO: You are nervous.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Wouldn't do any good for me to lie to you about it, so yes, I am.

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Taps the young engineer on the shoulder.:: aENG: Engineering is yours then ensign. ::Makes his way to the turbolift.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

CMO: understood, keeping an eye on it is like a watched pot never boils as long as eyes are on nothing will go wrong?

 

<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

@::leans on the holotable with a quiet sigh, his pieces all set up, wings arranged in their spots and ready to move around the battlefield as needed. He took a moment to look at the enemy numbers, their emplacements and reserve forces - a neat battle line::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: pulls up the status on the Mustangs and polls them remotely ::

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: leans over his console trying to sneak a peek at the PADD ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

CO: To me, no. I expect it to be a brutal battle indeed, but I am confident we will prevail.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: hands back the PADD ::

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: after viewing reports from some of the closer ships to the main line, decides that if she were religious, she would be praying fervently right about now ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

TL: Computer. Bridge, my dear. ::The doors close and the lift speed away::

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: laughs a little bit for the first time in days :: MED: Yeah, this pot will boil and boil hard. Watching it doesn't help. You know how to keep track of what's going on with your patients with this station. It's just like everywhere else. I recommend you do that from out in Sickbay unless you have two other doctors on the floor.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Yes. And that is what I will project to everyone else once we leave this room as well. :: looks her squarely in the eyes :: But to you.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

CMO: which is only during day shift, I understand sir

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: nods slowly ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: thinking about the upcoming battle, her lips pressed together until her mouth is nothing but a slash across her face ::

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: tries really hard not to tap her fingers on the console, but habits win out and a soft drumming begins. At least, soft to Vulcan hearing. ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Steps out of the turbolift and onto the bridge. Quickly taking up the engineering console.:: *aENG*: Transferring command to the bridge console... now. ::The console lights up.::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Our job is risky by nature, but some days are riskier than others. And what I - we - risk losing does make me nervous, yes.

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: puts his hands down and becomes really, really serious :: MED: One thing I've wished I did more often, and when I get back I will. There is no substitute for knowing everything that is going on. Spend time on the Bridge. Really take some time to watch how the crew of Atlantis works together. You can get to a point that you can almost feel when it's going to be time to head off to Sickbay. Spend a lot of time on the Bridge

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

CO: I understand. I...have faith in our abilities, and our ships.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: continues to find things to check readiness on to keep her mind occupied ::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

CMO: I will do what I can sir, but you know my comfortable spot is the OR

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Surveys the bridge, and the crew. Nodding to himself as he sees determined faces, and courageous hearts.::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

CMO: but I will make an effort in your stead

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: nods a greeting at Ilaihr when she notices him ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: So do I. Atlantis has survived worse, and we are pretty damned good at what we do. So let's get out there and do our jobs.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Smiles at T'lira.::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Because the alternative is unthinkable.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

CO: The alternative is not an option. Therefore, our path is simple.

<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

@::opens a comm channel:: *NAV*: Atlantis, this is Jörmungandr. Request that you slave your Mustang flight operations to the Akira wing. I'm sending you the operational code. ::does so::

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

MED: There will be times you are needed on the floor. But at the end of the day, as acting CMO, you're more coordinating what everyone else is doing, and occasionally stepping in when there is something that only the Chief can do. For most of your job, you're going to be just as effective, if not more so, on the Bridge, listening to where the Admiral is taking us.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Smoothes the consoles, as being on any bridge still brings him strong emotions.::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: leans in and kisses her, savoring it, just in case the alternative comes to pass ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: kisses him back, knowing that even if they do their best, it could be their last ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

*@CO* Acknowledged, Jörmungandr.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

CMO: Understood sir, i will make it happen

<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

@::nods as the comm closes, then does the same for the other wings spread throughout the fleet until he has a coherent board displaying all fighter assets - a far sight less than the fighters the Tzenkethi will be fielding::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: pulls back and catches her gaze as their minds linger a bit longer, that intimacy far greater than the physical ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: lets out a breath :: It's time to go to work, Imzadi.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

CO: Indeed.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: stands up, looks at the door, and Picard-maneuvers as he composes himself, then walks briskly onto the bridge ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: follows ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: looks up as the Admiral enters ::

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: after wiping at her lipstick ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: wlaks directly to Wright and hands her the PADD:: CSO: Lieutenant. These are the battle plans and immediate orders. Disseminate them throughout the fleet.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: sits back in her spot ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: watches the interactions on the bridge ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: has even more slash mouth than before ::  CO:  Aye, Sir.  :: starts disseminating orders throughout the fleet ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Stands, courteously nods at the admiral.::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

NAV: Commander, have your pilots standing by.

<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

@::receives the update from the Atlantis and starts feeding the battle plans into the projections:: Self: And so it begins...

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

VAdm: Aye sir. :: sends out orders to her pilots ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: almost perks up at mention of pilots. Almost ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: looks around the bridge ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: eyes are glued to viewscreen at the moment, observing all the ships ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: still transmitting orders ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*shipwide* All hands, this is the Admiral. We are about to engage in a battle against overwhelming numbers, the scale of which is almost unprecedented.

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*shipwide* Though they outnumber us, our technology and tactics are superior. We WILL win this battle, though it will be difficult. Rely on your skills and training, for they will not fail you.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*shipwide* Harbor no heroic notions of dying for your ship, because no dumb bastard ever won a battle by doing that. Instead, make the other poor dumb bastard die for HIS ship.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: perks eyebrow ::

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: looks up at the ceiling as the Admiral speaks, as though there is something there to hear, a hangover from the days when speakers were a thing. ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: turns and looks at the Admiral, processing the words that he is saying ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: lifts eyebrow ever so slightly and muses on ways to blow ships up ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*shipwide* It is terrible that we must do this, but if war were not so terrible, we may grow too fond of it. At the end, when we prevail, we will be at peace once more.

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

All: Here here.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*shipwide* We have a job to do. So let's get to it. Blackthorne out.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: cuts the comm and looks around the bridge ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

CO: A most inspiring speech, sir.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: eyes locked on the Admiral as he speaks ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: watches Blackthorne ::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

::Thinks somberly about the events that are about to occur::

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: gives the Admiral a firm and determined nod when his eyes pass her face ::

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: looks down from the ceiling to Slade :: MED: Now would be a good time to head on up to the Bridge. You should come along. It'll be good training.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: nods to everyone as he passes them :: NAV: Set a course for sector 621, warp nine.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: does so ::

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: mutthers a quote from an old book he favors :: "The enemy will die for their king, and I am pleased to help them as often as I can." - Bolak Blackhammer, from the Khoram Journal.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

CMO: after you sir :: Nods and follows Tav::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Inform all ships that we go to warp in five minutes.

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: stands, exits the office, exits Sickbay, heads down the corridor and boards the Turbolift. :: TL: Bridge.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: busily reads the latest incoming reports from all departments, then concentrates on familiarizing herself with the fleet ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: delays hitting the big button ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

CO: All systems are green sir.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

ENG: They damn well better be.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: The TL doors open and Tav and I walk on the the bridge me keeping my mouth shut trying to remember where everyone's stations are::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

CO: I just hope they dont make me look bad.

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: steps out and without thinking walks over to the Medical station ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Prods the ship:: Atlantis: Don't make me seem like a liar now.

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: checks the status of Sickbay more out of habit than anything before pulling out a bench from under the console ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: nods politely at Tav and Slade as they exit the TL ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

All: That's five minutes.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Sees the doctors and starts having flashbacks.::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Nods at T'Lira with a smile and watches Tav pull the bench::

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: nods and smiles just a bit at Slade and Tav, still grateful for the whole life-saving thing ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

NAV: Engage.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

VAdm: Aye sir. :: brings the ship to warp nine ::

 

ACTION>

As the appointed time hits, the ships go to warp en masse, blowing the special effects budget for this episode.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

::Smiles at Harper as she hits the big button::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Points at Slade:: MED: You keep those damned medical instruments away from me.

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: breaks a smile at their reception from Ilaihr ::

<VAdmBlackthorne>

NAV: Thank you. Now get to the assault bay and get your pilots in their planes. You'll launch as soon as we arrive.

 

<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

@::feels the ship go to warp beneath hit feet, tucked at the back with the reserve forces::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

ENG: As long as you don't get hurt lieutenant

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

VAdm: Aye sir. :: Secures the helm and stands :: *Sharks* All Sharks to your fighters!

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Feels Tav's emotions. Gives him a smile and a nod of understanding, before continuing to point at Slade.::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: secures station and stands, stepping over to Wright :: CSO: :: quietly :: Permission to depart for the launch bay?

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: locks eyes with Ilaihr for a moment ::

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

NAV: Uh, excuse me, Commander. Sorry, but you have to sit this one out. :: gestures to his own forehead ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: turns and looks at T'Lira ::  SCI:  Permission granted.  Please stay safe out there and come back in one piece.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

~CMO~: If you ever need to talk doctor, my door is always open.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

CSO: I will endeavour to do my best, sir. :: walks over to the TL :: TL: Launch bay

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: nods his thanks to Ilaihr. ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: locks eyes with Tav :: CMO: No, doctor.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Turns back to his station. Really hopes junction J-10 doesn't become a problem, as it seems to fail the most.::

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CMO: This battle is too important. I could die, yes. I could die sitting at the helm, or in my fighter. But I will not die while not doing my duty as best I can.

 

<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

@::calls the rest of his TIC crew down here, scratching his chin as he watches sensors readings - the Tzenkethi know they're coming::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

CMO: Sir if I may? :: asking if I can take this one::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: would speak up, but figures that she said that pretty well ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

NAV: You wont this fight Commander. They are unscrupulous.

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

NAV: Sorry, Commander. It could kill you unnecessarily, and... :: stops, wanting to beam at how quickly Slade is able to take this over... but he keeps his expression serious and consoling ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

NAV: They will trap you in a forcefield and sedate you.

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

NAV: Which is why, I will never be sick again.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CMO: Either place could kill me, unnecessarily or not. But at least I will have contributed in the way that I best can. Please stand aside.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

NAV: Commander in my short time here I know as well as everyone you know how to do your job, trust that we know how to do ours and know that we have to make sure you are fit for duty before you act. You can remain here on the bridge and command your fighters and maintain the helm or you can be confined to sickbay it is your choice but we cannot allow you

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

To put yourself in harms way in your condition in sorry commander

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

~self~ I could not have put that better myself...

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: the TL stops at the correct deck and she steps out to prep for combat ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

MED: I do trust you doctor. But I also know that it is my job to put myself in harm's way, whether it is by sitting at the helm or in my fighter. The entire fate of the Federation depends on this battle, and if I survive it by hiding in sickbay, but we lose, I will not be able to live with myself.

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

NAV: then do it by taking your station flying this ship and having the best fighter commander in command of our defenses

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: wants so badly to respond but knows that it's better to let the soon-to-be acting CMO show off his... ability...

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

MED: I have my orders, doctor. You do what you feel you must.

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: knows he's leaving Atlantis's medical needs in good hands, and relaxes at what he knows must happen very soon, no matter the outcome of this fight ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: looks to the doctor with anticipation ::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

NAV: Commander Harper you have been given your options and you refuse to comply, understand that if you live through this ordeal you will face the inquiry that will follow. Get to your mustang stay safe and get back here alive so we can yell at you later. Either way I don't think I can stop you

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

MED: Thank you, doctor. :: looks at the turbolift :: For more than this.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

NAV: I said alive commander and I meant it

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Nods as she strides to the TL::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

MED: I have no intentions of returning otherwise. :: heads to the TL ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: lets out a long breath - sometimes the best thing to do as CO is to let your officers work it out on their own ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

We'll pause in eight minutes.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Is bemused that Slade let her win that argument.:j

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: glances at Wright as the TL doors close :: Assault bay.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: staring at Harper with a worried frown ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: arrives in the assualt bay, runs into the locker room and pulls on her flight suit and helmet ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

 MED, CO: Good job, both of you.:: sits down at the helm and checks their position ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: tinkers a bit with her fighter while waiting. Nothing serious, just some slight tweaks that may or may not work. ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: has familiarized herself well enough with the fleet and their assets and again looks over the latest reports ::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

CO: Thank you sir :: nods to the admiral::

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: runs and then almost jumps up the ladder into the Boudica and begins the power up sequence :: *Sharks* Sharks, this is Firefly, comm check and status.

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: is overcome with a wave of grief, but then composes himself once again, hoping no one noticed. ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: senses grief somewhere in the room but chalks it up to the situation ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Holds his hand out to Tav and whispers:: CMO: Do you require some... assistance?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: lowers the canopy and seals herself in, hooks her suit supply into the fighter's ECLSS ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

TAC: Red alert, shields up. We arrive in one minute.

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: shakes his head and whispers back :: ENG: No, I'll get this taken care of. That's why I am here with Doctor Slade.

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: nudges Tav reminding him he isn't alone :: CMO: Sir, I can stay here for the experience if you would like to prepare the casualty bay with Dr. Perron

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: ties into the fleet tactical display on the helm console so he has a better view of WTF is going on ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

*Sharks* Ready to launch here, Firefly. :: runs a final pre-launch check ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Nods.:: CMO: Very well.

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: raises the shileds and turns on the red alert, klaxons sound through the ship ::  CO: Aye Sir, Red Alert and shields are up.

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: nods to Ilaihr before turning back to Slade :: The medical team in Sickbay are ready for this. We'll get back down there in due time ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

*Sharks* Stand by to launch as soon as we exit warp. Good hunting.

ACTION>

Atlantis and the other ships begin to drop out of warp, facing well over a thousand enemy ships that knew we were coming. And initial vanguard of 200 fighters streaks toward our arrival.

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

As the Klingons say, "Today is a good day to die."

 

ACTION>

Torpedo cruisers are moving into place behind them, backed up by massive dreadnaughts.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

TAC: Yes, make them die on the good day for it, not us.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Shifts his focus back to the console, keeping his eye on the shield facings in particular.::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage