U.S.S. Bremen - 11507.30, Mission #65

"Su"


USS Bremen - Stardate 11507.30 - Mission # 65

<GM_Aoibhe>

Su, Part 5



Summary: The Bremen crew are settling into their lives as zoo exhibits, some, admittedly, better than others. Sh'Hruvek is falling apart (literally), Sumner is cracking up, Harlan is breaking everything he can lay his hands on and the others are collapsing into various states of distress and undress.

Tony and his suddenly extended family are their only hope as we tune in for this week's exciting instalment.



<<<Resume>>>


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @::looks at himself in the mirror and cringes::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @Antonia/Mac: These people have no taste...


<GD_Aoibhe> <Antonia> @CEO: I love your hair... ::smirks::


<CO_Cmdr_Sumner> ::huddles quietly in the corner, trying not to think about the hunger pangs, her eyes on where she thinks the door is::


<TAC_CW3_Harlan> ::Sits on the coffee table, in meditative pose, his back to the window and his eyes closed::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @::reaches up to touch it but things better of it, the EMH had been grumpy enough trying to get it juuuust right:: Antonia: It's....weird.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @::rolls up his sleeve to reveal his commbadge:: *ENG*: Oleg, when I say transport us to the edge of the city center, close to where we last heard from the away team and activate the decoy transporter tests just in case they're watching.


<GD_Aoibhe> <Antonia> @::shrugs:: CEO: No accounting for alien sense of fashion. Important thing, though... You look like them. As do I! ::twirls in her flowy robes, her hair piled high on her head:: CEO: I kinda like it.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @::looks at her twirl and can't but smile::


<CO_Cmdr_Sumner> ::taps her combadge:: *AT*: Check-in time. How's everyone holding up?


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @::looks at Mac and grins:: Mac: Stop pulling at the waist, you look fine.


<GD_Aoibhe> <ENG_Oleg> @*CEO*: Ready on your mark, Chief.


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek> <Shenqiin> CO: ~I hope this works...can you hear me? ...Can anyone hear this? We don't have any comms in here, and you aren't a telepath, and--~ Self: Damn, focus, don't ramble...


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @::opens up a small kit and hands small personal phasers and tricorders to Mac and Antonia:: All: hide these on yourself. They are completely dormant so they should not show up on anything but a detailed scan, but they will need a few seconds to power up so take cover first if we hit trouble.


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek> <Chanqiin> ::frowns at the vents, shakes his head and moves on to see if there's anything he can pull out or take apart:: Shen: You've got this. More control than last time, right?


<GD_Aoibhe> <Antonia> @::examines the phaser:: CEO: OK... where's the flint go? ::looks at him, disappointed::


<TAC_CW3_Harlan> ::Takes a deep breath, slowly taps his badge and sighs:: *CO*: Swell. Just called room service for some scotch...


<CO_Cmdr_Sumner> ::jumps slightly at the odd sound, looking around for the source, but quickly catching on; furrowing her brow, she gives this a try:: CSO: ~Raqiin?~


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @Antonia: What were you expecting? A pulse rifle?


<GD_Aoibhe> ACTION: A whirring noise envelops Harlan's enclosure. It grows louder and louder as a beam of light from an unknown source criss-crosses the room, narrowing in on Harlan and scanning him intently.


<TAC_CW3_Harlan> ::Blinks, but doesn't move a muscle:: *CO*: And I think they're scanning me first, to see whether I'm not drunk already..


<GD_Aoibhe> @ <Antonia> CEO: Something in a palm-mounted plasma unit? ::sighs:: CEO: I keep forgetting how old-fashioned everything is here. ::hides the pea-shooter in her dress:: CEO: This will all take some getting used to.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @Antonia: Old, not obsolete.


<CO_Cmdr_Sumner> ::wonders if maybe she's just losing it::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @*ENG*: Oleg, we're ready.


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek> <Shenqiin> ::likewise jumps, startled that she can catch that through the thoughts:: Chan: I think I can talk to them! Sort of. Hold on. CO: ~Science gone wrong. Two of me here. Two halves of a whole. Explain later. No comms.~


<GD_Aoibhe> @ <Antonia> CEO: Let's hope you're right. ::doesn't looks convinced::


<GD_Aoibhe> ACTION: The beam stops scanning TAC, silence returns for a moment before a second scan repeats the first.


<GD_Aoibhe> @ACTION: At CEO's word, Oleg beams them to the outskirts of the city. They appear in a quiet side-street with no-one watching.


<CO_Cmdr_Sumner> ::jumps again, not used to this at all:: *TAC*: I think... I may have just heard from sh'Hruvek... sorta...


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @::looks around to make sure no one saw them appear:: All: Okay, comm silence. ::taps his commbadge three times so silence it::


<CO_Cmdr_Sumner> ::frowns, and wonders pretty hard whether Raqiin is ok::


<TAC_CW3_Harlan> ::Squints at the beam's brightness:: *CO*: Sort of? I'm not getting anything from her badge here...


<GD_Aoibhe> @ <Antonia> CEO: It's weird being back here. ::shudders and activates their biosignature blocker:: CEO: We're good to go. ::links his arm::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @::points towards the busier streets:: All: That way, and look casual. Antonia, you take the lead since you know your way around and we will follow your lead.


<CO_Cmdr_Sumner> *TAC*: It's, like... in my head. Maybe telepathy? I didn't think she was a telepath. That, or I'm finally losing my shit.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @::looks down at her arm in his, then forward more awkwardly:: Mac: Stay close Mac, this blocker only works a few meters.


<GD_Aoibhe> ACTION: The beam once again disappears. Moments later, TAC's door slides open, a keeper standing in the opening.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @::tries his best to walk normally on these high shoes::


<TAC_CW3_Harlan> *CO*: She might be trying that, try and concentrate, hard! ::Frowns at the door:: Got company here..


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek> <Shenqiin> ::leans her head back against the wall, breathing slow and calm, or trying to:: CO: ~Physically fine. Psychologically to be determined. I'm...we're okay.~


<CO_Cmdr_Sumner> ::frowns bitterly:: *TAC*: Don't give them anything, Chief.


<GD_Aoibhe> @<Antionia> CEO/Mac: Once we find them... I assume we're gonna just shoot them out? Is that right? ::starts forward, trying to look normal in her platforms::


<CO_Cmdr_Sumner> ::can only project anger back towards Raqiin, if it really was Raqiin::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @Antonia: Not my style. ::checks his trouser pocket for the small engineering kit::


<GD_Aoibhe> <Keeper> TAC: Harlan... correct? ::checks a small padd-like devise::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @::looks over his shoulder at Mac:: Mac: Mac, can you pick up their signatures on your tricorder? We'll cover you.


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek> <Shenqiin> Chan: ...Something's wrong. Or the captain's just...really, really angry.


<TAC_CW3_Harlan> *CO*: Wasn't planning to.. Harlan out, for now. ::looks at the doorway, momentarily thinking about bolting through:: Keeper: Harlan, Andrew, Starfleet officer, United Federation of Planets. I demand to see your supreme commander.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @<Mac>::slyly whips out her tricorder and sets it on silent before starting a passive scan for Starfleet signatures and the AT's biosignatures:: CEO: Yes boss.


<GD_Aoibhe> <Keeper> TAC: Of course. It appears we have made a mistake. I'm sure she'll want to apologise personally. Would you come with me?


<CO_Cmdr_Sumner> ::rests her head in her hands for a moment, her anger starting to direct inwards a little bit:: Self: Swear to god, I'm gonna set this planet on fire...


<TAC_CW3_Harlan> ::Didn't tap the badge, thus leaving the channel to Sumner open::


<GD_Aoibhe> @ACTION: Mac's scans show a cluster of Human, Andorian, and Aenar biosigns half a click to the east.


<TAC_CW3_Harlan> ::Frowns:: Keeper: What do you mean by that?


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @<Mac>CEO: Half a klick to the east. ::hides her tricorder in her palm, letting the long sleeve cover it::


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek> <Chanqiin> Shen: No reason it can't be both, knowing as little as we do about this place. We're supposed to be non-compliant, right? Maybe we should toss things around.


<GD_Aoibhe> <Keeper> TAC: Your crew manifest had you listed as human, a species we have no had the great pleasure of studying yet. But you... well, we've studied your people already. There is no value in keeping you here. In fact, we're rather embarrassed that we confined you this long. Our scans were inconclusive at first... ::waves him out the door:: TAC: If you please...?


<CO_Cmdr_Sumner> ::frowns, listening to the conversation::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @::leads them in the general direction of the scan::


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek> <Shenqiin> ::frowns even harder:: Chan: They'll probably gas us again, fix things up, and do something ELSE to us.


<GD_Aoibhe> @<Antonia> ::nods and turns them towards the zoo:: CEO/Mac: What's the plan, then... Tony? ::twists her lips, not liking having to call him by his name::


<TAC_CW3_Harlan> ::hesitates for a moment, then takes a deep breath and slowly gets up to follow the dude:: Keeper: About time you noticed... ::steps through the open door::


<CO_Cmdr_Sumner> *TAC*: Stay frosty, Chief. This wouldn't be the first time they've lied to us.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @Antonia: It's more like a thing at this point.


<TAC_CW3_Harlan> ::In a low voice:: *CO*: Cool to the bone, commander. I'm pretty sure I've got this...


<GD_Aoibhe> <Keeper> TAC: If you had told us... well, no need to toss blame around. ::guides him out of the complex:: TAC: We do feel terrible about this. ::walks him past the enclosure with the single, lonely Borg drone pacing back and forth, past the aquatic creature, past the thing with wings and into a VIP room where Dio is sitting, waiting::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @::tries his best to blend in, taking in the mannerism of the Su around him::


<CO_Cmdr_Sumner> ::sighs softly, deciding against telling him she felt that confident right before they were captured::


<GD_Aoibhe> @<Antonia> CEO: A... thing? That's encouraging... ::frowns:: CEO: Mom always said you had a great mind, that you would have made a great Captain some day, I hope she wasn't just blowing smoke up your ass.


<CO_Cmdr_Sumner> ::starts to think about Thalev, and Henry, and Jonathan, and has to pound her fist on the glass to get her mind off of it::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @::just grins at her::


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek> <Chanqiin> Shen: Look, you just sit in the corner and keep trying to talk to people. I can at least start shoving things up against the glass and try to block the view better.


<GD_Aoibhe> ACTION: The crowd clustered outside CO's window all jump back in fright, before laughing at their own silliness.


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek> <Shenqiin> Chen: Don't patronize me; I'm YOU, remember? CO: ~Status of crew?~


<TAC_CW3_Harlan> ::Walks along, nodding at the keeper as he passes him, as if to dismiss him upon entering the VIP room:: Dio: Afternoon, Grand magister. If that is what you effectively are.


<CO_Cmdr_Sumner> ::turns to look at the crowd, her mind racing:: Crowd: Can you understand me out there? ::stands and faces them::


<GD_Aoibhe> <Dio> TAC: That is my title, Andrew Harlan, yes. ::stands to greet her guest:: TAC: An unusual name for your kind, if I recall correctly. ::extends a hand:: TAC: Do you shake? Is that a custom you have adopted?


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @Antonia: I had Mac whip up emergency transporters for the away team, one for each including us. They transport directly to the ship without having to set up a containment field from this end. Very effective and fast, but first we have to take out whatever is disrupting transporters.


<GD_Aoibhe> ACTION: A few of the younger children nod to the CO in the affirmative, eyes wide with wonder at this alien creature.


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek> <Chanqiin> Self: If there's anyone I'd let patronize me, it'd be myself... ::pulls at the desk that had been shoved under the vent over to the window and hefts it over with a pretty loud clang::


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek> <Shenqiin> ::winces and glares over:: Chan: Do you MIND? I'm trying to concentrate.


<GD_Aoibhe> @<Antonia> CEO: And we have to get someone to their spacial distortion array. It's one thing to get you all back to the ship, but if you're still stuck here, I'll still end up growing up in a tin can with Mom.


<TAC_CW3_Harlan> ::Looks at the extended hand, then up at Dio:: Dio: I do, but only when comfortable and in an atmosphere of mutual respect. ::Just politely nods instead::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @Antonia: I had something in mind actually...but you're right, we need to take that out. Do you know where it's at ?


<CO_Cmdr_Sumner> ::swallows hard, a makeshift plan coming to be as she looks at the kids:: Crowd: Listen to me. I am a sentient being, like you. I... I'm being held here against my will. I am far from home, where my family and loved ones are, I... I have a mate. A love... ::lets a few tears slip:: His name is Thalev. I miss him very much. Every moment I spend here is agony. Please, tell your Grand Magister to let us go.


<GD_Aoibhe> <Dio> ::relaxes her arm:: TAC: You must be hungry... ::waves a servant over with a tray of food:: TAC: I wanted to apologise, Andrew. We erred in your confinement. I hope you accept our apologies.


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek> <Chanqiin> Shen: I'm not hurting anything. Maybe you could try talking to the people who would keep us here like animals. ::tugs the matress from the bed and hefts it up on its side against the glass::


<GD_Aoibhe> ACTION: The crowd stares at CO, enthralled but unmoved.


<CO_Cmdr_Sumner> Crowd: Please. Put yourself in my place, taken from your families, your children, and held in a cage on the other side of the galaxy.


<TAC_CW3_Harlan> Dio: I will have to give that a long and hard thought first. As long as you are still holding my crew in this ::gestures around:: zoo, I will not be content, I'm afraid.


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek> <Shenqiin> Chan: ...And now we have no bed. Thank you. ::sighs and tries reaching out to anyone, any of the alien Su minds that might be beyond, either on the other side of the glass or maybe behind the door:: 'Aloud': ~Hello? Greetings? I come in peace?~


<GD_Aoibhe> @<Antonia> ::twists her lips again:: CEO: It's located Su's moon. They use it to send groups on their way again once they have studied them enough... If we get your people bck to the ship, you could beam me over there. I could, you know... activate it. Get you a portal home.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @Antonia: And leave you here? I think not.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @Antonia: We'll come to that bridge...


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @::glances nervously at Mac::


<CO_Cmdr_Sumner> ::closes her eyes and rests her head against the glass:: Crowd: Fine... but I won't be an exhibit. ::starts looking about the enclosure for something sharp::


<GD_Aoibhe> <Dio> TAC: Well, that is impossible. They are new to us. We must study them as best we can. ::sits back in her chair:: TAC: Besides, we are keeping them from harm. Their worlds seem very violent. Many wars, conflicts, so much hurt and death. Life here is safer, and their safety in paramount to us. It's clear from their behaviour since we confined them that they don't know what is good for them, but they will learn in time. ::smiles benignly:: TAC: And you are wlecome to live among us until we have learnt all we can.


<GD_Aoibhe> @<Antonia> CEO: You could beam me back when it's all set up, right? Like, that's possible, isn't it?


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @<Mac>Antonia: Engineering has set up a warp core overload, all the fireworks and a great show. We'll turn it off when we've cleared the planet of course.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @Antonia: Sure, but I'm coming with you.


<CO_Cmdr_Sumner> ::picks up a piece of splintered wood, taking a few deep breaths and moving back to face the crowd; she grits her teeth and makes a show of jamming the sharpened end into her forearm::


<GD_Aoibhe> ACTION: The crowd gasp and stare, some taking out small recording devices and pointing them at CO.


<GD_Aoibhe> <Spectator1> ALL: Wow, what interesting behaviour! Such a display of emotion...


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek> <Shenqiin> ::her antenna curl in pain, her body curling in on itself with a cry:: Aloud: No...no, I can't--no!


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek> <Chanqiin> ::drops what he was just carrying and rushes over:: Shen: What? What is it? What happened?


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek> <Shenqiin> Chan: I can't...can't talk to them like...they're so...they're so different, it HURTS...


<CO_Cmdr_Sumner> ::Grunting and wincing, she rubs the wound against the glass, showing the Su her blood:: Crowd: You wanna know about humans? We bleed! I'm willing to bet you do, too... We only have so much of this stuff.


<GD_Aoibhe> @<Antonia> CEO: Kay. ::smiles as they round the last corner, and see the gate into the zoo. It's open, it's free in, as the Su believe knowledge should be shares freely (how enlightened). A huge sign at the gate displays artwork clearly advertising the zoo's latest guests.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @Antonia: This is disturbing.... ::walks into the zoo, closing in on the signal::


<TAC_CW3_Harlan> ::Realizes he's got no ground for negotiations, friendly or.. persuasive, and sighs:: Dio: Fine. I will return to confer with you at a later time... ::turns without another word and walks through the open outer doors,

tapping his badge, which won't beep as it's still open:: *CO*: I'm outside.


<CO_Cmdr_Sumner> ::walks to a different part of the glass, digging into her upper arm this time; she begins to make a crude drawing of earth:: Crowd: Humans come from earth. We huddled around fires in the darkness. We looked at the stars, and we wondered... ::tries to focus through the pain::


<GD_Aoibhe> <Dio> Looks at the servant and sighs:: Servant: He is unusual among his kind... so angry. Perhaps there would have been merit in studying him, but... ethics forbids it. ::stands up and leaves::


<GD_Aoibhe> ACTION: The crowd thickens around CO's glass.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @::hears a commotion and motions for the women to follow him::


<GD_Aoibhe> @<Antonia> CEO/Mac: I wonder what all those people are looking at.


<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek> <Chanqiin> Shen: Just breathe and let it go, okay? Meditation. Remember? I know it's hard, but breathe and relax, okay? ::grabs a pillow to set under her:: Calm and quiet.


<TAC_CW3_Harlan> ::Looks around, also noticing signs pointing towards the new exhibit, then heading that way as well::


<CO_Cmdr_Sumner> Crowd: For tens of thousands of years, we built ourselves up. Eventually, we managed to escape our planet's gravity. ::she paints a picture of the moon:: We set foot on other worlds!


<GD_Aoibhe> ACTION: A clump of teenagers rush past TAC, on their way to the exciting CO show, all chattering about the drama unfolding.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @::eyes widen as he manages to catch a glimpse of the Captain cutting into her arm::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @Mac: Mac, see if we can punch through the transporter barrier.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> ::leans away from the crowd and brings his wrist to his mouth and taps the badge:: *CO*: Tony to Sumner, if you hear this. We're coming for you. Comm silence activated.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> ::turns his badge back off::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @<Mac>::shakes her head at him:: CEO: The barrier is foolproof, we need to find the source.


<CO_Cmdr_Sumner> Crowd: We realized our future was in space. We developed warp drive in order to visit other stars in a single lifetime. ::draws a crude NX-class vessel; then hesitates as she hears Adalberto's voice:: We dedicated ourselves to seeking out new forms of life and new civilizations, not to conquer, but to coexist peacefully...


<TAC_CW3_Harlan> ::Frowns at a few words he overhears, like "drama" and "emotions", and picks up the pace to arrive at the Sumner exhibit::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @Mac: Mac, split up. Locate the source and take it out. Then use your emergency transporter and get back.


<GD_Aoibhe> <Antonia> ::tugs CEO's sleeve:: CEO: Hey, he's not Su... ::nods to TAC::


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @::looks over his shoulder and sees the Chief:: Antonia: No...he's not.


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @Antonia: Stay here, keep an eye on the Captain and locate the others. Meet me here in 10 minutes.


<CO_Cmdr_Sumner> Crowd: Everything we've done as a species has been to evolve, to make ourselves better. We go out of our way to protect our neighbours. We sacrifice our lives for their protection. AND THIS IS HOW WE'RE REPAID! ::punches the glass with a bloody fist:: I just got him back, you bastards! ::sobs softly and drops to her knees:: We were going to have a child... and you took me away from him... ::hides her face in her hands, crumbling


<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto> @::walks over to Harlan:: TAC: Hello there visitor. Might I have a picture of you with myself on it....? ::pulls up his sleeve as he walks closer revealing his commbadge to Harlan only::


<GD_Aoibhe> <Antonia> CEO: OK... don't forget me. ::steps closer to the Sumner exhibit, worry in her eyes, unlike those around her.::


<TAC_CW3_Harlan> ::Stops and looks awed at all that Sumner is doing, trying to get to the front of the rows and in her view::


<TAC_CW3_Harlan> ::Is startled by the Su that stopped him, then sees the badge:: CEO: Tony? ::looks at him intently:: Nice hair..


<GD_Aoibhe> <<<Pause>>>


Ā© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage