U.S.S. Bremen - 11506.04, Mission #58

"The Calm"


USS Bremen - Stardate 11506.04 - Mission # 58




<GM_Aoibhe>

The Calm, Part 1



<GM_Aoibhe>

The Bremen has been given a new warp core, a repaired nacelle and a new lease of life thanks to the Trojan work of her Engineers and the relief station staff.



<GM_Aoibhe>

She is en route to join the ranks of the reserve fleet near the wreckage of Starbase 621. We join the crew as they prepare to meet in the Briefing Room...



<GM_Aoibhe>

<<<Begin Hellfest>>>



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::smiles stupidly while she spins her chair around::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::steps onto the Bridge with the assist of his cane:: CO: Engineering reports ready ma'am.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Stands in a turbolift, en route to upstairs, rubbing his temples::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::looks around seeing no Captain and shrugs::



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::fiddles with her hair in one hand, PADD in the other, taking a breath or two at the door before her fiddling stops and she enters the room::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

aOPS: Hey kid, where is everybody?



<GM_Aoibhe>

<aOPS_Frisco>

::looks up, surprised that anyone has spoken to him:: CEO: Briefing Room, Commander, sir.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::stops her spinning and smiles at sh'Hruvek:: CSO: Lieutenant.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

Self: Hmm...::turns around to head for the back of the Bridge::



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::is a little surprised at all the joy bouncing around the room just from Sumner:: CO: ...Ma'am. Good day, despite the mission at hand?



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::stands and tries to look Captainy:: CSO: A good few days, really. ::frowns softly:: Is it off-putting?



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::exits the tl onto the bridge, rubbing his eyes as he makes his way across, past the MSD and to the door to the briefing room::



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::well gosh now she's fiddling her hands with the PADD:: CO: You were a little more...morose, I thought, before we got dragged to the station. Is this more than just happiness that the ship's back in working order? If...I may ask.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::Grabs some coffee from the replicator before heading into the briefing room::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Almost knocks into Tony, but stops just in time:: CEO: Oh, hey. Hmm, good idea there... ::gets himself some coffee too::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::gives a warm smile at that:: CSO: A bit more, yes. ::she nods to the others as they enter:: All: Good morning. Thank you all for coming.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

TAC: Hey Chief....long night too eh ?



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Coughs a little:: CEO: You could say that, yeah.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::grins:: TAC: More fun than mine obviously....though her nacelles are fun to play with.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::steps into the briefing room with Harlan in tow::



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::settles into a seat, at least a little relaxed by some of the good feeling::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CO: Didn't see your memo ma'am, been a long night in Engineering. I apologize. ::sits down at her right, seeing as Jameson isn't there::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Sips his cup and follows in, locating a free seat near the windows::



<Ren_Tomesu>

::sits in his seat::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::nods to Tony:: CEO: Well, you're mostly on time, anyways. How's she lookin' down there?



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CO: Mostly ready for a drive, some warm-up required but we're getting there.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Finds himself next to the doctor and nods as he takes another sip:: CMO: 'morning.



<CMO_LtJG_Tomesu>

::adjusts his tunic:: TAC: Morning.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::winks at Harlan and grabs at his own collar, indicating the man's uniform out of place::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::nods some, straightening out her uniform and looking around the room intently, waiting for their attention::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::leans back and sips of his coffee::



<GM_Aoibhe>

<aNAV_Bleet>

::wishes someone would offer him a hot beverage once in a while when they're making their own. Sniffs sadly at the conn as the ship zooms towards its intended position in the reserves::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Looks a little puzzled at Tony's wink, then gets it and hastily straightens his jacket::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::clears her throat, which turns into an unwitting cough:: All: Ahem... 'scuse me... anyway. We're nearing our destination. Let's get up to speed with there we're at. ::looks to Harlan:: TAC: Defensive systems?



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Sits up straight and looks at Sumner:: CO: Nearly all of them got replaced, thanks to the modular system, so we're at full capacity now.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::nods, and looks to sh'Hruvek:: CSO: Sensors and Deflector Control?



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::pokes at her PADD and gives a short nod:: CO: Just about 100% and ready to go; those station boys did good work.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

CO: Commander Dannan, together with our CEO's staff, did an amazing job, given they only had the station's reserve supplies at hand.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

TAC: She's quite handy with a spanner.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::nods and smiles wistfully:: CSO: They always do... ::looks to Adalberto:: CEO: Engines and core functions?



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CO: Looks good enough ma'am, but it's a brand new core, mint condition. Even has that new core smell.....I recommend a 2 week shakedown, followed by a week's overhaul and alignment tests.....but I'm not gonna get it, am I?



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::grins::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::grins some:: CEO: You get about 30 minutes. ::looks to Ren:: CMO: How's medical, Doctor?



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::looks at the chrono on the wall:: CO: Starting now?



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

CEO: Sure.



<CMO_LtJG_Tomesu>

CO: Sickbay all prepped and ready to go, captain.



<GM_Aoibhe>

<aNAV_Bleet>

::sings to himself in the almost silent bridge::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

Self: Wonderful..... ::taps into the side of the desk to activate a small console and slaves it to Engineering::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::is glad to see the core is still showing no power fluctuations or problems, well nothing that Oleg can't handle::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::punches her fist into her hand and nods:: All: Good. ::takes a deep breath and looks around the room:: It's been a long month, I know. This hasn't been what we've signed up for, and this certainly isn't how I imagine my command would go, but, here we are. You've all performed outstanding, especially given the extraordinary nature of our assignments.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

All: We're on the home stretch, now. Stay sharp, keep doing what you've been doing, and we'll get out of this in one piece, and we'll have assured the security of the Federation; of our families, and our friends, and everything we hold dear. ::smiles softly at her crew for a moment before giving a nod:: Dismissed. I want this ship ready for battle in half an hour.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::pushes his chair back and stands up, grabbing his cane and heading for the exit::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Takes a deep breath, nods and stands up, emptying his coffee::



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::gets increasingly uncomfortable sitting where she is but tries not to show it. but dismissal means she can finally lean over to Harlan and say, nose wrinkled:: TAC: Nice perfume.



<GM_Aoibhe>

<aNAV_Bleet>

*CO*: Coming up on the reserve's position now, Captain! This is one crowded parking lot! Fooo-weee!



<CMO_LtJG_Tomesu>

::gets up and makes his way out of the briefing room::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::shakes her head lightly at Bleet, waiting for the others to leave the briefing room before following them out::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Blinks and turns to shHruvek, realising it's not his own:: CSO: Thanks. It's rather.. exotic.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::rolls her eyes and files out::



ACTION: The main viewer shows an expanse of Federation starships lined up as neatly as possible in rows upon rows.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

Computer: Computer, move Engineering controls to the Bridge.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::eyes the viewer as she makes her way confidently to the Command Circle, sitting with authority, somehow:: aNAV: Park us, Mr. Bleet.



<GM_Aoibhe>

<Computer>

::beeps a comply, Engineering controls light up on the bridge, asking for authorisation code.



<CMO_LtJG_Tomesu>

::glances at the viewscreen and slows his pace to a full stop as he sees the fleet:: CO: That's quite the welcome wagon.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::types in the code:: Self: Damn upgrades.



<GM_Aoibhe>

<Computer>

::allows CEO full access::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::smiles:: CMO: And that's just the reserves. Almost 700 ships in the main fleet.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

Computer: Computer, next time just run my voice print.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Walks onto the bridge an takes his place at tactical, cycling all systems at his disposal for readiness::



<GM_Aoibhe>

<Computer>

CEO: Input voice print data...



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

Computer: The arsenist was denied a bankloan.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::settles at her station:: CO: I don't mind a short break from the action, personally.



<GM_Aoibhe>

<aNAV_Bleet>

CO: Keep an eye out for a space, sir. ::grins, trying to hide his considerable nerves::



<GM_Aoibhe>

<Computer>

::bleeps::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::satisfied all systems are running perfectly, turns his chair to face the viewscreen:: CO: Any news of the Hyperion, ma'am ?



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::smiles over at sh'Hruvek:: CSO: Enjoy it while it lasts, Ms. sh'Hruvek.



<GM_Aoibhe>

<aOPS_Frisco>

CO: Captain, we're connected to the battle comm channels, now, sir.



<CMO_LtJG_Tomesu>

Self: True that..... ::exits to the turbolift::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

aOPS: Good. Monitor the comms.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::glances back to Tony:: CEO: She's leading the assault on the left flank. I'm sure she's fine, Chief.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::nods:: CO: Thank you ma'am. She can usually handle herself.



<GM_Aoibhe>

<aOPS_Frisco>

CO: Aiy, sir.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::taps her fingers on her armrest, frowning some:: aOPS: Actually, put them on speaker.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

Self: Hear that Nia?



<GM_Aoibhe>

<aOPS_Frisco>

CO: Aiy, sir. ::punches up the controls::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::listens in, focusing on keeping her expression neutral::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::speaks softly:: TAC: So Chief, did you at least buy her breakfast?



ACTION: The bridge of the stationery Bremen fills with the sounds of battle; officers yelling orders, counter-attacks being demanded, yelling, klaxons... someone repeatedly cursing in a kind of calming mantra... an occasional cut comm, static...



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Smiles a little:: CEO: Soft boiled eggs and fresh toast, Tony.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::takes a deep breath, watching the still reserve fleet::



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::and there go any good feelings she'd gathered up from the captain. if she could get any paler, she would::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

TAC: Such a gentleman. ::grins, trying to keep from hearing the cries of battle::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CSO: Hey Raq, what did you get up to last night? I heard there was dancing.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::gives her a warm smile, seeing the stricken look on her face::



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::blinks, a little startled and turning in her seat:: CEO: Oh, um. Me? I--no dancing, no. Must have been some other pretty Andorian.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::glances over to Raqiin, then looks to aOPS:: aOPS: Frisco, do we have any earpieces lying around?



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CSO: Oh come now, you know how to dance. You have the grace of a dancer!



<GM_Aoibhe>

<Comm>

Bridge: Losses are heavy in section 52...we're a Defiant down, complete crew loss! 3 more critically damaged... They're animals!



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::stands and moves over to OPS::



<GM_Aoibhe>

<aOPS_Frisco>

::stands frozen and shaking::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::snaps her fingers at Frisco:: aOPS: Ensign! Earpiece.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CSO: Hey...no worrying okay? We're not going to die, I can promise you that.....you know why ?



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Closes both eyes for a moment to gain focus, then looks at the screen, fully alert:: CO: I Recommend we go to code red.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::glances to Harlan:: TAC: Not yet.



<GM_Aoibhe>

<Comm>

Bridge: Regroup! Regroup! They're coming around again!... ::digital static::



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::takes a breath, deep in, deep out, trying to block some of the unsettled feelings out:: CEO: Why is that?



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Nods and hovers his fingers above the alert control::



<GM_Aoibhe>

<aOPS_Frisco>

::blinks and hops to, fumbling around for the requested earpieces::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::Waits for the earpiece:: aOPS: Take the comms off speakers, run them through this::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

<-::>



<GM_Aoibhe>

<Comm>

Bridge: The Outlook, The Bellerophon, The Woodson... they're boarded... oh god... Command! We need backup! The Needles, they're everywhere!



<GM_Aoibhe>

<aOPS_Frisco>

::silences the comm chatter, handing over the earpiece with a shaking hand::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::takes the earpiece, giving the Ensign's hand a squeeze before taking it, putting it in her ear before returning to her seat::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CSO: I'm too pretty to die.



ACTION: The sudden silence on the bridge makes CEO's voice seem a lot louder than he intended.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::smirks softly:: CEO: Aren't we all?



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::her antennae curl with her undercurrent of fear and uncertainty, but she coughs out a laugh all the same::



ACTION: The comm chatter, the requests for backup, the demands for more fire power, the final frenzied words of many brave and loyal officers are now confined to one woman's head.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::grins::

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::keeps her smirk, though her hands tightly grip her armrests; she keeps her ear open for the order::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::winks at Raq, then turns his attention back to the engineering controls::



ACTION: A block of ships to the Bremen's starboard suddenly move off as one and warp the distance to the far-away battle field.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Feels his hand muscles tighten:: Self: Oh come on..



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

All: Hold.



ACTION: CO's earpiece goes completely silent for a moment...



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::holds her breath::



ACTION: "Starboard flank, reinforce. Lead your team to intercept at breach immediately."



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

TAC: Red Alert; battle stations. ::looks to Bleet:: aNAV: Relay orders, destination Starboard Flank, move to intercept. Full impulse.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

<make that brief warp>



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Drops his fingers three millimetres down, initiating red alert::



<GM_Aoibhe>

<aNAV_Bleet>

::squeaks his acknowledgement and co-ordinates with the other pilots:: CO: Three... two.. ::pulls them into warp::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::hits a comm button:: *CMO*: Doctor, we're moving in. Prepare for casualties.



<CMO_LtJG_Tomesu>

*CO* Acknowledged.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::tenses at her station, whistling out a breath, hoping not to be a repeat death in the family::



ACTION: The Bremen, heading up a contingent of 20 starships bolts towards the battle.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

All: We're going in hot; stay sharp.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::sends out damage control teams::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CO: Ma'am, Commander Danann implemented some Needle countermeasures they have been using on the Hyperion. Permission to use them ?



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::swallows lightly as the stars elongate around the ship:: TAC: Mr. Harlan, deploy the MACOs.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::nods to Tony::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::electrifies the hull::



<GM_Aoibhe>

<<<Pause>>>




Ā© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage