U.S.S. Bremen - 11505.28, Mission #57

"Shore Leave"


USS Bremen - Stardate 11505.28 - Mission # 57




<GD_Aoibhe>

Shore Leave, Part 1.



<GD_Aoibhe>

The Bremen has been towed to a relief station inside Federation space where it is to receive a shiny, new warp core, some minor systems upgrades, and a new nacelle.



<GD_Aoibhe>

The crew have the run of the small station which consists of several public levels upon which house two bars, a holo-deck of sorts, a viewing platform, a restaurant that serves something that could probably be loosely described as food, a medical facility, and many street vendors selling their unusual wares.



<GD_Aoibhe>

<<<Begin>>>



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::practically skips through the corridors, heading for the nearest turbolift::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::sits with his back against the wall between two vendor stalls, cleaning his knife::



<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Wanders through the area just outside one of the drinking establishments, peeking through the window, hoping they do cocktails::



ACTION: The Breen's Head appears not to have any band playing today. Perhaps they were fired.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

TL: Bridge, please! ::bounces restlessly in the turbolift::



<GD_Aoibhe>

<Mysterious Lady>

::wafts past TAC::



<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Takes a tentative step inside the bar, where it looks like they are clearing up from a possible brawl the night before::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::registers the wafty lady, but doesn't look up::



<GD_Aoibhe>

<Barkeep>

CTO: What can I getcha? ::keeps sweeping up glass::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::steps off onto the bridge, glancing about::



<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

Keep: Do..uhhh....Do you have a cocktail menu?



ACTION: The Bremen's bridge is spookily silent, with most consoles locked down and inactive while repairs are on-going. The lights are dim while the ship is connected to the station's power source.



<GD_Aoibhe>

<Barkeep>

::looks up mid-sweep:: CTO: Our "cocktails" are.. beer, ale, whiskey or beer. ::goes back to sweeping::



<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Shrugs, but decides to keep with it:: Keep: A whiskey then, on the rocks. Actually, make it two



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::crosses quickly across to her ready room, bumping open her top drawer and grabbing her bag of latinum before tapping her combadge:: *TR1*: Sumner to transporter room. One to beam to the station's promenade, please.



<GD_Aoibhe>

<Mysterious lady>

::wafts past again, taking extra care to show a bare leg as she swooshes her light skirt this way and that.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::perusing a backlog of personal messages with a thoughtful frown, view of the ship repairs behind her::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::notices some bare skin out of the corner of his eye, briefly looks up to notice a shapely lower leg, then refocuses and turns the blade::



<GD_Aoibhe>

<TR>

::in a squeaky voice:: *CO*: Transporting now, Captain!



<CMO_LtJG_Tomesu>

::quietly enjoying a meal in one of the restaurants::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::desperately hopes that isn't Bleet as she's transported over::



ACTION: The CO is beamed to the promenade of the station. She's immediately assaulted with the sights and smells of a busy, but run-down station.



<GD_Aoibhe>

<Barkeep>

Leans the sweeping brush against a stool and tromps behind the bar:: CTO: Two whiskeys. Sorry, no rocks. We're all out. Had a few split heads to nurse last night.



<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Grabs the drinks poured by the Keep, and takes a seat outside the bar, watching people as they go past, the second drink at the seat opposite her::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::takes a deep breath, a permanent-ish grin on her face as she takes off looking for alcohol::



<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

<Put mine after A's>



<GD_Aoibhe>

<Mysterious Lady>

::eyes TAC, a twist in her ruby red lips. Folds her arms across her chest::



<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Takes a long draught from her glass, feeling herself relax as her insides get warmer::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::skips into the Breen's Head, pausing long enough to note the apparent damage, as well as Jameson's presence; she heads over to her table:: aCTO: Expecting someone, Commander?



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::slowly puts the knife back into it's boot holster, then suddenly veers up and swiftly moves to stand behind the lady, very close to her back, his mouth next to her left ear:: Lady: Alright, I noticed you the first time...



<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Looks up, smiling a little sadly:: CO: Not anyone who can join me. So the seat is free, even if the drink isn't



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::lessens her smile a bit, rethinking her plan of stealing the whiskey; she sits, and motions to the barkeep:: Barkeep: You sellin' bottles, by chance?



<GD_Aoibhe>

<Mysterious Lady>

::in a deep, rolling accent:: TAC: Good. I thought you were going to play with that knife all day. ::smiles::



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::huffs a sigh and tosses a padd to the other end of the seat sprawling under a window::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::leans his head a fraction closer in and uses a lower, hushed voice:: Lady: I might yet...



<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Loses some of the sadness to her smile:: CO: That going to be all for yourself?



<GD_Aoibhe>

<Barkeep>

::yells over:: CO: Beer! Ale!... whatever else I told your girlfriend, there.



<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Hears the Keep:: CO: Then I'm sure he's got a bottle of the good stuff hidden somewhere



<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Closes her eyes, and concentrates for a second:: CO: Actually, I'm positive he does



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::smirks a little:: aCTO: Not this time around. I like to replenish my stock whenever I get a chance. ::she casts a curious glass the Barkeep's way:: Barkeep: I need a bottle of Irish, and a case of Andorian Ale, if you've got it.



<GD_Aoibhe>

<Lady>

::turns towards TAC in one smooth motion:: TAC: But wouldn't you much rather play with me? ::stares up at him with dark, mysterious eyes:: TAC: I'm much more fun.



<GD_Aoibhe>

<Barkeep>

CO: And I need a wife who can replicate a steak right, and peace in our time! ::waves her in regardless and starts to rummage in the back::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::raises an eyebrow:: aCTO: Alright, then.



<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Wrinkles her nose in a way to show that Sumner will get what she wants from him, and then refocuses on watching the crowd::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::had moved his flat open spread hand to her back as she turned:: Lady: That wouldn't exclude the knife, in my book. ::gaze locked:: What's your game, redlips..



<GD_Aoibhe>

<Lady>

::tries to look innocent:: TAC: I like you. A man who handles a knife that well. ::purrs:: TAC:... is bound to be good with his hands. ::slips her hands around from his hips to his back::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::leans back in the seat and eyes the glass:: aCTO: Can I ask who that's for, or would you rather not talk about it?



<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Suddenly turns back round to Sumner:: CO: I'm not expecting company, by the way. I've just gotten into the habit of, when I get to go out for a drink, I tend to buy one for, well, for Suder. Keshir Suder. Preferably a cocktail, naturally.



<GD_Aoibhe>

<Barkeep>

::thumps a dusty crate of Andorian Ale onto the bar:: Self: NOt even open yet, and they waltz in.. goddamn Starfleet... ::spits on a bottle of Irish whiskey and polishes off a stain with his trouser leg::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::strains her smile a bit at the Barkeep, producing a number of slips of latinum:: Barkeep: This enough?



<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Flicks her eyes over at the barman again:: CO: He's overcharging you



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::shrugs lightly in response::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::runs a fingernail from behind her ear, along the jaw line, to her chin:: Lady: Knives are delicate works of art, in need of daily handling.. ::lets his eyes drop down a second, then back up:: ...you really think you can handle me, don't you..



<GD_Aoibhe>

<Barkeep>

CO: This isn't replicated stuff, you know! ::looks insulted::



<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Murmurs:: Self: But when you buy it from the back of a runabout....



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::smirks, replacing the slips with an equal number of strips, setting it on the edge of the table::



<GD_Aoibhe>

<Lady>

TAC: I don't want to handle you. I wanna hang on for the ride. ::wiggles a little closer, letting her fingers wander::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::glances to the glass of whiskey, sighing softly:: aCTO: I suppose I could have guessed. Henry was devastated when she passed; he spoke highly of her.



<MED_Ens_Wren>

::sits at the Shuttle pod bar, drumming her fingers on her glass::



<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Smiles again, the sadness almost completely dissipated as she talks of the happier things:: CO: She was certainly memorable. We served together when we both first graduated, on the Seleya.



<GD_Aoibhe>

<Barkeep>

::pushes the crate and the bottle towards CO:: CO: You're getting a bargain, here. ::plants a meaty hand on the strips and pulls them towards himself::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::just looks at her for a moment, as if judging er worth:: Lady: Right.. ::blinks slowly:: ..game on. ::hits the holodeck door knob on the wall next to them and swiftly moves her along inside with a few long tango steps:: Lady: Choose your set.



<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Looks back over to the barkeep:: CO: Selective hearing, I think



<GD_Aoibhe>

<Barkeep>

CTO: What? ::doesn't wait for her to repeat. Gets back to his sweeping::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::flashes a brief smile the Barkeep's way before continuing:: aCTO: Lots of stories about the Seleya. What was she like as a Captain?



<GD_Aoibhe>

<Lady>

::displays a brief moment of consternation, withdraws her right hand and uses it to settle her skirts at her hip. Her mysterious smile returns:: TAC: I'm all yours... 4 strips per hour.



<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

CO: I didn't really get to spend much time with her as Captain. But she was a good friend. Even when things got a little...complicated.



<MED_Ens_Wren>

::considers getting some food::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::sighs softly, looking to the glass once more:: aCTO: Never got the chance to meet her, myself. But, she was good to my brother. That counts for a lot, in my book. ::smiles some at Jameson::



ACTION: A musical band starts to set up in the corner of the Shuttle Pod. A group of five bug-eyed musicians, some with bandages on their heads and hands start to plug in various alien instruments.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::lifts his right hand side lip corner a into a little smirk:: Lady: I'm sorry, hon, I don't carry fifty strips on me..



<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

CO: I never really got to meet your brother, though i heard some things about him. Made him an interesting character. ::Finishes her drink, taking a moment before taking 'Kesh's', and downing it::



<MED_Ens_Wren>

::looks over her shoulder at the group setting up, turning in her chair to watch them::

<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::snaps his fingers:: Holodeck: Computer, 1950's lounge bar, empty, pool table, red cloth.



<GD_Aoibhe>

<Lady>

::pouts:: TAC: Sounds like you had one hell of an evening planned. ::rises onto her tip toes and kisses TAC deeply, wrapping her arms around him tightly:: TAC: Maybe next time. ::checks her lipstick is still perfect::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

<move to after A's>



ACTION: The musicians start into one of their original songs, a bleating repetitive number that would be used for turture if the Geneva convention didn't expressly prohibit it.



<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

CO: Wait, Sumner. You mean Henry....::Slowly smiles to herself as things click together, that he was who Kesh had been talking about::



<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

CO: How is Henry?



<GD_Aoibhe>

<Lady>

::wafts away, having relieved TAC of his coin bag full of latinum::



<MED_Ens_Wren>

::frowns at the band, narrowing her eyes and turning back to the bar:: Self: wow.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::smiles once more:: aCTO: He's good. He's out in Orion space, helping disadvantaged young'uns. Getting out of Starfleet has done wonders for his psyche.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Notices the theft, then turns and throws his knife at her as she nears the door, pinning her dress to the door post:: Lady: Not so fast there..



<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

CO: I'm glad he's happy. He deserves it.



<GD_Aoibhe>

<Lady>

::turns and gazes at TAC over her bare, smooth shoulder:: TAC: You owe me for the damage to my dress, you know... ::throws his a red-lipped smile that reaches her dark eyes::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::nods some, finally standing and gathering her alcohol:: aCTO: I should get this stored away. Wanna surprise Thalev when he wakes up. ::grins at the thought::



<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

CO: Enjoy yourself Captain. You deserve that too. ::Resumes watching people pass by the bar::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::had walked closer to her, then holds up a small, round, dark blue korund stone:: Lady: Second try.. ::smiles darkly::



<GD_Aoibhe>

<<<End Shore Leave>>>




Ā© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage