U.S.S. Bremen - 11505.21, Mission #56

"The Right to Fight"


USS Bremen - Stardate 11505.21 - Mission # 56




<GD_Aoibhe>

The Right to Fight, Part 11.



<GD_Aoibhe>

The beleaguered Bremen has been met by the Hyperion and its entourage, and is in the process of being towed to safety. Power is intermittent, the Bremen cer5tainly wouldn't reach friendly space on its own steam, and a fleet of Tzenkethi ships are inbound.



<GD_Aoibhe>

Captains Rome and Sumner have a plan in place for the Autarch, too. We join the joint screws as they brace for the up-coming battle...



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@::Stands before the viewscreen on the Hyperion:: *CO*: The Vonnegut reports they're making good speed Captain.



<GD_Aoibhe>

<<<Nnnnnnow, you may begin!>>>



<CMO_LtJG_Tomesu>

::in sickbay, keeping watch on patients in sickbay, with an eye on the plug sockets::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::sits in her chair, trying not to feel as nervous as she feels:: *H_CO*: Good. I just hope she understands we're sticking our necks out for her.



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>CMO: Doc....I need to get out of here.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::grimaces to herself. yeah...probably not, cap'n, but nice thought::



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@*CO*: From my short meeting with her highness, I doubt it. But let's hope eh kiddo ?



<H_ENG_Ens_Okiah>

::pops her head out of a Jeffries tube and yells for another tool, then disappears again::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::tries to get at least one stable looking set of indicators on his panels on the bridge::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::wonders briefly if it's detrimental to her authority for the crew to hear her called that, but now's not the time:: *H_CO*: What's our ETA?



<CMO_LtJG_Tomesu>

::walks over to Adalberto:: Adalberto: I understand, Commander. I'm sure there's lots of things you need to be involved in right now. However, my medical opinion, and your current medical condition, sees me fit to give you this one word answer: Tough.



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>::grins weakly:: CMO: I'll remember that Doc....



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@*CO*: Fifteen minutes...we got you. How's your weapon status ?



<H_TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@::Is frantically prepping Hyperion's weapons, and monitoring security updates::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::looks over to Mr. Harlan:: TAC: How's the guns, chief?



<CMO_LtJG_Tomesu>

Adalberto: Good.



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>::sighs and leans back in the biobed, hoping Nia was still around::



<H_TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@CO: Enemy vessels are in delta formation sir. Heaviest armed at the apex.



<H_ENG_Ens_Okiah>

::making good progress, but has to wonder whether she'll have to redo this work after the inevitable battle::



<H_CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

@::Double checks that the shields are covering the Bremen, and are stable::



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@::looks over at Tactical:: CTO/TAC: Ready?



<H_TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@::Nods:: CO: Ready sir.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Looks up al Sumner:: CO: I'm trying to get decent reading on 'em, but a lot of the controls got scrambled.. I do read about twenty Tzenkethi ships in delta formation, though. Heavily armed one up front...



<H_CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

@::Gives a slight raised eyebrow:: CO: As always, Boss



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::nods:: TAC: They'll get closer, don't worry. Just keep the cannons hot.



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@::taps his badge:: *Smurf wing*: Smurf wing we have incoming...break up in three separate wings. Wings one and two flank the incoming fleet. Wing three, headed by the Hyperion will sit back.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::takes a breath in, lets it slowly out, glancing at power readouts to make sure everything's as steady as it's going to be::



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@::turns to SCI:: SCI: Ensign, prepare emergency beam out for the Bremen crew on my order only.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

CO: Guns, yeah.. pulse cannon is almost out of juice, and I'm not getting confirmation from any torp tubes. They.. should fire, hopefully. Phasers are good, though. Checking shields now..



<H_SCI_Ens_Telisa>

@CO: Yes sir. :: preps the lock ::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::rubs her eyes lightly:: *H_ENG*: Bridge to Engineering.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

TAC: So long as Hyperion's got us, we shouldn't need to power the shields. Key word shouldn't...



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

<ENG_LtJG_Mackenzie>::wipes grime of her face and blows a lock of hair away before tapping her badge:: H_ENG: Tell her....tell her I'm working on it!



<H_ENG_Ens_Okiah>

::climbs out of the Jeffries tube:: *CO*: Ensign Okiah here, maam.



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

(ignore that tapping of the badge)



<H_CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

<aCTO Jameson>

::Walks onto the bridge after having to handle an issue with one of the security teams::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

*H_ENG*: Ensign, thsoe guns are *the* priority. We need them ASAP. Tell whoever's in charge down there.



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

<ENG_LtJG_Mackenzie>::rolls her eyes::



<H_ENG_Ens_Okiah>

*CO*: Trust me, Captain, everyone down here already knows that. We're doing the best we can.



<H_TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@CO: Five minutes out captain.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::manages not to sigh at that:: *H_ENG*: Thank you, Ensign.



<H_CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

@::Looks at her sensors:: CO: I concur with Douglas



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@H_TAC: Jo, make sure all sections of the Hyperion at placed at equidistant intervals around the Bremen. I want full shield coverage.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

CSO: Not a word I am particularly fond of.. ::recalibrates the phaser banks for maximum efficiency with the aggressor's shields::



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@CTO/TAC: I am -so- glad you agree on the time. Prepare all weapons.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::sits back in her chair:: TAC: Just give them everything we've got, Mr. Harlan.



<H_ENG_Ens_Okiah>

::sighs at the realisation Rome isn't a one off; all the Captains want the impossible::



<H_CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

@::Responds to Rome's sarcasm:: H_CO: I know what you've asked of me, Captain.



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@::moves to the center chair and sits down, looking over at the vacant seat having sent Rojer over to one of the other sections::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

CO: I'll find some sticks to throw, if needed..



<H_TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@CTO: If the shields drop below what you want, take what you need from the weapons; I can get creative with firing patterns.



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@H_CTO: I know, Jo.....just take as many out as you can.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::looks to sh'Hruvek:: CSO: Lieutenant, I know it's not your job, but contact the shuttlebay; make sure the Mustangs are prepped for launch.



<H_CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

@H_TAC: I'll take it from less critical systems first, like holodeck emitters, before I take it from weapons Soule. But I'll give you notice if I need it.



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@H_TAC: Mr. Soule, are the MACOs ready?



<H_CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

@::Murmers:: H_CO: The people on the Bremen are important to me too.



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@::grips the sides of his chair and grins at the prospect of battle::



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

CO: My job is whatever needs done, ma'am, you can count on that. ::unless it's shooting people, then they're sol. she queues up the pilots in the bay to prep those mustangs::



<H_ENG_Ens_Okiah>

::moves over to a console, checks progress with another Engineer, and gets to work on the next bit of the Bremen puzzle::



<H_CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

@::Feels the focus that happens upon her just before battle::



ACTION: The Tzenkethi fleet enters range. The centre is dominated by a heavily-armed Tzenkethi dreadnought. Behind it, more than a dozen heavy carriers, with cruisers making up the remainder. Fighters and needles begin pouring from the carriers like pissed-off wasps.



<GD_Aoibhe>

<H_CEO_LtCmdr_Danann>

::glances over at H_CO and frowns with worry and nerves::



<H_TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@::Nods at Jo, turning to the captain.:: CO: They're always ready sir. At least that's what they always tell me.



<H_ENG_Ens_Okiah>

::is happy she is short as she jumps back into a Jeffries tube::



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@::taps a button on his chair:: *Wing*: Wings one and two, attack.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

CO: Heavy gear entering our firing arc..



<H_CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

@::Keeps an eagle eye on the shields, and also on both the Bremen and Hyperion firing patterns::



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@*CO*: Captain Sumner, we have engaged the enemy.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::swallows lightly as she sees the enemy fleet:: TAC: Coordinate with the wings, Mr. Harlan. Open fire. ::looks to Raqiin:: CSO: Loose the Mustangs.



<H_SCI_Ens_Telisa>

@:: continues to monitor the transporter lock on the Bremen crew ::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Nods and hits the preset firing patterns on the phaser banks::



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@::turns to Telisa:: SCI: Ensign, I need you to keep an eye out for any vessels in distress. Liaise with wing three to rescue survivors..if a ship is going down, I need her prefix code.



ACTION: The Tzenkethi small-craft lead the charge, the flanking wings lighting up with phaser fire, trying to thin the dense cloud of death.



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@::moves to the edge of his seat::



<H_SCI_Ens_Telisa>

@:: nods :: CO: Aye sir. :: starts to keep tabs on the status of all ships ::



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::sends the order to let those space ponies go. and hopes they all make it back safe and sound. somehow.::



<H_TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@::Targets approaching needles and fighters.::



ACTION: The Bremen's Mustangs scramble and charge headlong into the fray.



ACTION: The Akiras in the fleet release their own fighters, the sleek superiority craft arcing gracefully for the enemy. The battle is joined in full, the surrounding space erupting in phaser and torpedo fire.



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@::stares at the viewscreen, the phaser and disruptor blasts flying back and forth...a tactical overlay showing the enemy location.....and smiles::



<H_CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

@::Checks the shields...again::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Fires twin bursts at the nearest ships, targeting shield generators, then power cores::



<H_TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@::Spots the Captain's unusually timed smile, starts feeling slightly usnsettled::



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@::looks down at his console, needle reports coming in from both wings::



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@H_CEO: Commander, lock down all excess hatches and prepare to electrify the outer hull if we have contact.



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@H_CEO: Same goes for the other sections. See to it.



<GD_Aoibhe>

<H_CEO_Danann>

H_CO: Yes sir. Lockdown in 10, 9, 8...



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

CO: Got a couple of green lights, trying 'em now.. ::engages a full spread of the nearest weakened ship::



ACTION: The Dreadnought enters weapons range, unleashing a devastating volley on a Centaur-class craft, shearing off a nacelle with ease; the ship explodes shortly thereafter.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

*Engineering*: Folks, how ready are those red-lighted torp tubes?



<GD_Aoibhe>

<H_CEO_Danann>

*MVAM Sections*: Lock down all external hatches, and implement enemy repulsion procedures. Report when complete!



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@H_CTO: Roar. We need to create a buffer zone between us and the rest of the battle.



<H_TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@Self: Oh that Dreadnought is going to be a bastard pain in the ass, isn't it?



<H_ENG_Ens_Okiah>

*TAC*: Just a ... ::bangs something into place:: Try it now!



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@*Wing 1*: Wing one, focus your fire on that Dreadnoughts flight deck.



<H_CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

@H_TAC: Don't let anything in that space in front of us. Make them keep their distance



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

CO: We've got only a couple of shots left in the pulse cannons. One to try and get that dreadnought's shields, the other it's bridge?



ACTION: Harlan's console lights up with green indicators along port torpedo tubes.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::chews her lips for a moment:: CO: Set it up. Don't fire until my mark.



<H_TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@CTO: I will make the bad lizards go away...



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Looks down:: Self: Alright, let's roll.. ::fires full pattern volleys of torpedoes::



<H_CTO_LtCmdr_Feyna>

@H_Tac: Nothing, I repeat, nothing to enter the area around us and the Bremen



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@*Wing 1*: Attack!



ACTION: The first wing alters course, focusing fire on the dreadnought. Two vessels fall to enemy fighters, the fleets Mustangs getting all they can handle.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Nods at Sumner:: CO: Got 'em on hot standby. Just needs to pass right in front of our nose to hit 'em..



<H_TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@CTO: Heard you the first time. I promise I will keep them off us.



<H_ENG_Ens_Okiah>

::gets out of the Jeffries tubes and rushes over to a console::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

CSO: Thrusters, let's get that shot lined up.



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@::licks his lips:: H_CTO: Prepare all forward tubes with quantum torpedoes.



ACTION: ENG's console shows a warning light on one of the torpedo tubes. A torp is lodged in one of the fired port tubes and is unstable...



<H_TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@::Loads the forward tubes will quantums.::



<H_ENG_Ens_Okiah>

::taps her badge:: *TAC*: Engineering to Bridge, hold fire! HOLD YOUR FIRE!



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::mumbles as she reaches for another console to play with getting that shot all lined up:: Self: Do we even HAVE thrusters right now...



ACTION: The second wing presses the attack, thinning out the enemy fighters on that side, and starting to get fire on the enemy carriers.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::looks back to Harlan:: TAC: What's that about, Chief?



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@::wants desperately to be a part of the battle but knows he can't leave the Bremen's side...yet::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Frowns and spots a red light on tube three:: *ENG*: No can do, I'm afraid.. I've shut out the jammed tube, transport that thing out of it if you have to!



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

CO: Looks like a jammed torpedo tube. ::blinks at his screen:: ...with a hot one inside.



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@::looks over at Jo:: H_CTO: Explain yourself.



<H_ENG_Ens_Okiah>

*TAC*: Don't make me come up there! We don't have transporters online. Maybe the Hyperion can assist.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::frowns at her busted-ass ship:: *H_CO*: Bremen to Hyperion, we have a problem.



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@*CO*: We have plenty, Bremen! What do you need?



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Hears ENG, then looks up briefly at Sumner, before continuing phaser fire::



ACTION: Wing one starts to take a toll, barely making headway on the Dreadnaught while continuing to take losses.



<H_TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@::Continues firing at needles and fighters, quietly pew pew pewing away.::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

*H_CO*: We have a live torpedo jammed in one of our port launchers; we need it beamed out, but our transporters are gone.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

CSO: How is our aim coming?



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@::grimaces at the reports coming in from Wing one, but needs them to keep at it nonetheless::



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@::stands up:: H_SCI: Ensign Telisa, can you get a lock ?



<H_SCI_Ens_Telisa>

@:: nods :: CO: I believe so. One moment, sir... :: hunts for that lock ::



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@::turns to Tactical:: H_TAC: Soule, have wing 2 split up. One half to the assist of wing 1. Now.



ACTION: On cue, the Bremen lines up its pulse cannons with the dreadnaught.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

TAC: Just two seconds...try it now. Just so long as we don't blow ourselves up.



<H_SCI_Ens_Telisa>

@CO: I've got a lock, sir!



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

TAC: Fire!



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@H_SCI: Transport it, as close to that dreadnought as you can.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Fires the pulse cannon at max power::



<H_SCI_Ens_Telisa>

@:: grins :: CO: With pleasure, sir. :: uses the transporters to throw the misbehaving torp as close to the dreadnought as possible ::



<H_TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@::Is cycling through the phaser banks.:: CO: Aye sir. ::Uses his spare hand to send the orders to Wing 2::



ACTION: The Bremen fires a stream of pulsed phaser from its forward cannons. The bright lights shimmer through space, pounding into the Dreadnaught's shields, weakening them but not breaking them. Shortly, the cannons cease, plasma conduits blowing as their last legs are lost.



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@*CO*: Bremen, eject your core. I repeat, eject your core.



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@::turns to Danann:: H_CEO: Danann, I want a tractor lock on that warp core, then work with the conn to swing us around and let is fly loose at that beast.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::frowns: *H_CO*: Without the core, we won't have power left to fire.



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@*CO*: From my reports you are done anyway Sara. Let this be your knockout blow for the Gators.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

CO: It might do the trick, though.. We're almost out of torps, too.



<GD_Aoibhe>

<H_CEO_Danann>

::eyes widen:: H_CO_: Yes sir! ::is actually genuinely impressed:: aNAV: On my mark... ::waits for the Bremen to eject her still beating heart.::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::grips her armrests for a moment, a mixture of anger and frustration on her features before looking to sh'Hruvek:: CSO: Eject the core.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Releases the last of the available torpedoes::



ACTION: The stuck torpedo is beamed into space, a safe distance from the Hyperion and Bremen. A Mustang, wheelign around for another run at an enemy vessel runs right into it, exploding suddenly in a shower of terrible debris.



<H_ENG_Ens_Okiah>

::realises she's been holding her breath, and suddenly exhales as the torpedo is beamed out::



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

CO: ...Ma'am. ::this feels like giving up. what would Griffiths do? whatever he could. she lets Sumner's anger wash over her as she works with engineering to get that core out as quickly as possible::



ACTION: The wings continue to engage, fighting with everything they have, though attrition seems to be favoring the Tzenkethi; only a few of the carriers are out of commission, and the Dreadnaught continues to barrel forward



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@::taps his fingers against the armrest::



<H_TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@Self: We really need to take that bledy Dreadnought out.



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@H_TAC: When we fling that core, tell the wings to fall back to us!



<H_SCI_Ens_Telisa>

@:: blinks at the debris from the now-destroyed Mustang that ran into the torpedo :: Self: Dear Prophets...



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@::looks at Danann::



<GD_Aoibhe>

<H_CEO_Danann>

*Bremen*: Awaiting receipt of warp core... ::hopes Tony will look her in the eyes still after this::



<H_ENG_Ens_Okiah>

::looks around and realises her first mission may be her last at this rate, as she frantically keeps working::



<H_TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@::Pretypes the order out.:: CO: Should I be ready to fire on your mark?



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@H_aNAV: Full speed ahead when we have it, then release and let it fly. Straight for that dreadnought. Am I clear?



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@H_TAC: Quantum torpedo spread should do it. Fire when you have the shot, maximum efficiency.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

*H_CEO*: It's on the way.



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@H_TAC: And for gods sake keep the core within our shields until we let it lose!



ACTION: The Bremen's warp core disconnects from ship systems, weapons and sundry defensive measures powering down sadly. The core slips silently into space, leaving the Bremen a dark husk...



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@*CO*: Time's ticking, Captain.



<H_TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@::Hands hover of the controls; one ready to order the wings, the ready for the core.:: other



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Looks sideways towards shHruvek::



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@::Stands up again:: ALL: NOW



<H_ENG_Ens_Okiah>

::hears a "swoosh" and turns around to see the warp core gone:: Self: Oh great, thanks for letting Engineering know...



<GD_Aoibhe>

<H_CEO_Danann>

::extends a tractor beam and gently takes control of the Bremen's core:: H_CO: Got it, sir. ::glances at aNAV and nods:: aNAV: Mark...



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Slowly backs off his hands from the failing console, then checks the phaser rifle next to him, and his boot knife::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::sits back in her chair, watching the screen, a growing sense of helplessness filling her insides, the viewscreen now blank::



<H_TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@::Paints targets on the cores projected course, trying to keep the space clear.::



ACTION: The Hyperion surges forward, thrumming warp core in tow. Phaser fire brushed off the few fighters in their way, the Dreadnaught straight ahead.



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

<ENG_Mackenzie>

H_ENG: Suits you for hiding in the tubes. ::looks sullen::



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

(Main section of the Hyperion surges forward..)



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@::bites his lower lip:: aNAV: Closer....



<GD_Aoibhe>

<H_CEO_Danann>

::swings the warp core around and releases it::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::swallows lightly, trying to centre herself:: All: We did everything we could. Our mission was a success, even if it doesn't feel like it. ::does her best to make it sound like she believes that::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

CO/CSO: How strangely calm, this quietness..



<H_ENG_Ens_Okiah>

ENG_Mackenzie: Hiding? Don't make me slap you when we've only just met. ::slumps back against a console:: Now what?



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

<ENG_Mackenzie>

H_ENG: Get those batteries up....and hope Tony doesn't kill us.



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@::looks at Soule::



<H_TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@*Fighters*: All wings, pull back from the dreadnought NOW!!! ::Fires a spread of quantum torpedoes at the warp core.::



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

<ENG_Dimitriou>

ENG: He'll throw his leg at us.



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

<ENG_Mackenzie>

::chuckles at Oleg:: Oleg: Careful he doesn't hear that.



<H_TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@::Hopes he timed it right.::



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@*All hands*: All hands! Brace for impact!



<H_ENG_Ens_Okiah>

ENG_Mackenzie/Dimitriou: This is my first shift. It's lasted two days so far, and well, ::looks around:: It isn't going very well. Is it always like this? ::turns around and works on the batteries::



<GD_Aoibhe>

<H_CEO_Danann>

::holds her breath, hoping Tony is asleep for this::



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

<ENG_Mackenzie>

H_ENG: Only if you're lucky.



ACTION: The Hyperion's main arcs away suddenly, letting the Bremen's core fly, tumbling end over end as it speeds for the Dreadnought. The attack wings follow their example, scrambling away as a spread of blue torpedos flashes from the Hyperion section's read launchers. The Dreadnought tries to turn as it realizes what's happen, but is too late.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

TAC: We just sit here and wait now, don't we? We won't even have any warning before anything happens...



<H_ENG_Ens_Okiah>

ENG_Mackenzie: What do you do when the Rak doesn't work anymore?



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

<ENG_Mackenzie>

::grabs a spanner:: H_ENG: We pray.



ACTION: The core erupts, bathing local space in blinding light, obliterating the Dreadnought's outer hull and the surrounding vessels. Sensors spike on all vessels as ships vent plasma and explode left and right.



<H_ENG_Ens_Okiah>

ENG_Mackenzie: Doesn't look like your god is listening. ::goes silent and focusses on her work::



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@::stumbles as the shockwave reaches them::



<H_TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@Self: Take that you rat bastards!



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@*Wing*: Smurf wing regroup and attack!



<GD_Aoibhe>

<H_CEO_Danann>

::grabs her console and tenses::



ACTION: When the light finally recedes, a smouldering ruin is all that's left of the Dreadnought, all but a handful of Tzenkethi ships still left mobile. They'll be easy pickings for the Smurf Wing.



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@::grins as he sees the reports come in::



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@*CO*: Hyperion to Bremen....we got 'em.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::clutches her armrests as the ship rocks gently, hoping the core did its job::



<H_TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@*Fighters*: Its time to pick up the pieces ladies and gentlemen. Pick your targets and fire at will.



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@::nods at Douglas:: H_TAC: Finish this.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::nods some to herself:: *H_CO*: Good. Let's finish and go home. I've had enough of Tzenkethi space.



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@H_CEO: You heard the lady...have all sections lock onto the Bremen with tractor beams....then take us out of here. The wing will clean up.



<H_TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@::Smiles:: CO: Aye sir. ::Targets remaining enemy forces and fires.::



<GD_Aoibhe>

<H_CEO_Danann>

::Looks over at CO, wondering how his mood is now:: CO: Yes, Captain. ::holds his gaze curiously for a second longer then gets to work reassembling the ship::



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@*CO*: Captain Sumner...I welcome your crew onboard the Hyperion if required.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::smirks, almost ruefully:: *H_CO*: I'm sure we'll take you up on that, sir.



<H_TAC_Ens_Douglas>

@CO: We have a nice old English pub on the holodeck if they need it.



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@::smiles and leans back in his seat::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::lowers her head before standing and heading for her ready-room, looking almost defeated::



<H_CO_Captain_Rome>

@H_aOPS: Prepare officer quarters for the Bremen senior crew.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Sees Sumner move out and leans on his console::



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

<ENG_Dimitriou>

H_ENG: Look at that...we haven't exploded yet. I'd say that's a pretty good sign.



<GD_Aoibhe>

<<<Mission Complete>>>




Ā© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage