U.S.S. Sentinel - 11506.01, Mission #43

"Lost and Found"


Summary

 

The Sentinel is caught in a Ferengi trap, stuck in an area of subspace instability without warp and a task force of Andorian ships for company. The Daimon, Murbek, has given them an ultimatum - evacuate to the escape pods, or perish and be salvaged.

 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Resume Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Frowns and turns to the SCI:: SCI: Alright....I have an idea. We'll use a combination of the warp drive and the Slipstream drive to create an anomaly within this space. We'll make it so it engulfs the whole fleet and we'll all go to warp and get out of here.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: listens as one medtech complains to another about how slow it is right now :: Self: I can certainly make more work if that's what you want...

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

CO: Can our engines take that stress captain?

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: lugs massive power connections through cargo bay 2.  ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::His confidence slightly shattered.:: CO: I had a similar idea. I'll find a way to make it work.

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

::Goes up to the bridge, and takes position at TAC station, still a bit angry from before::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

SCI: Then I'm thrilled we're coming up with the same ideas. It means we're on to something.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

NAV: I certainly hope so. We don't have too many choices at this point.

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

CO: Quite true ma'am ::Looks over to hammy and gives him a look hoping he is right and that they are able to make it work::

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: attaches reserve batteries in cargo bay 2 to primary propulsion power conduits via a junction box housing a series of balancing regulators.::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Makes some calculations.:: Self: We could open a slipstream tunnel... and send the fleet in before us.... they'd only need to match shield harmonics for a few moments....

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

::arrives on the bridge, looking around at who all is where--and yes, it looks like Gist is at his post, good::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

Self: But... do we have the power....

 

ACTION: The power relays whirr to life in front of Taev, glowing and blinking lights in a very reassuring way.

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

::takes up his OPS station, after a quick disinfecting::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

aXO: Welcome back. Any news?

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: adjusts the regulators to accommodate maximum battery drain, starts running calculations of battery discharge curves.::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: eenie meenie minie moe who's it gonna be this time... :: Nurse_Williams: Hey, Williams! Could you do me a favor and organize the trauma kits?

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

CO: It looks like we have all the news we need right in front of us. The prisoner is in the brig. I would be more disappointed that she would not give up her comrades, but it seems she did not need to after all.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

aXO: No, they came to us.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

*CO:  Ma'am, I can deliver enough power to open a Slipstream tunnel and initiate a warp field for 42 seconds.  Then, we get to wait 38 hours for our impulse drive's fusion plants to replenish our reserves in a 2nd attempt.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

*ENG*: Acknowledged. Stand by.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

SCI: Can we all get out in 42 seconds?

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: Captain, if we were to activate our slipstream, but not go through; we could send the fleet in before us. They would need to modify their shield geometry and harmonics when their in the passage... but they would only need to do so for.... a minute or two.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

<They're>

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: It can be done. But we need pinpoint precise execution.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: Absolutely no room for error.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Nods:: SCI: Let's do it then. I have faith.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Sucks it up, and stands up confidently.:: CO: Then so do I ma'am.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

aXO: Send a message to the fleet. Let them know of what we're planning to do.

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

::frowns--what else is new--at the idea of going 'hey guys we have to do this perfectly or things are going to get horribly bad', but he will send the plan to the rest of the ships in as much detail as possible::

 

ACTION: The lead Ferengi ship decloaks, firing their beam once more. Daimon Murbek materialises on the bridge as a perfect Hologram, with his smug Ferengi face.

 

<Daimon_Murbek>

@*CO*: You've had your thirty minutes, Captain. Should we get ready to collect your escape pods?

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

Daimon: It's quite the difficult position you've placed us in.

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

::Grimaces at Daimon, and almost says something, but thinks better of it. Gist's already in hot water::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Would really enjoy remove this smug bastard's larynx.::

 

<Daimon_Murbek>

@ ::smirks, waving his hand dismissively:: *CO*: Business can be difficult, my dear Captain! It's a buyer's market right now.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: debates whether or not to call the bridge for an update ::

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

:: Strategically places his hands on the console hoping she will let him ram the smug bastard::

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

*NAV: Slipstream & Warp field generation in 1 minute, on my mark.   1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

11 Mississippi, 12 Mississippi

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Nods:: Daimon: I understand. It's just "good business"? ::Turns:: SCI: Let me know when we're ready to eject the escape pods.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

23 Mississippi, 24 Mississippi

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Smirks:: CO: Almost ready.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

35 Mississippi, 36 Mississippi

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

:: Readies both systems and awaits the mark:: *ENG*: Aknowledged

 

<Daimon_Murbek>

@::beams with genuine happiness:: *CO*: A very smooth transaction, Captain! We shall pick up your escape pods as soon as we've confirmed they're all ejected, you'll be back in the safe arms of your Federation in a couple of weeks none-the-worse for wear.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: goes with her instinct :: *Bridge* Sickbay to Bridge, is there any chance I can get an update?

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: 47 Mississippi, 48 Mississippi::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Hopes if his calculations are even a magnitude correct, they'll drop out somewhere not too far away from the Ferengi.::

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

*NAV:  58 Mississippi, 59, Mississippi, MARK!!!!!!  :: Throws switches feverishly.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: A pleasant chime resonates from the QSD.  The Warp Core pulses in bass relief.::

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

::Engages both systems simulatiously::

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

ALL:: Brace for the jump

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Focuses the slipstream emitter.::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

Diamon: I'm sure. ::Looks over:: All: Very well. Engage.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

aXO: Its time for the fleet to go.

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

:: Hits the flashing red button and the flashing green button at the same time::

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: 3 Mississippi, 4 Mississippi::

 

ACTION: The Andorian ships, notified of the changes and with their shields and deflectors set correctly, line up as the Sentinel's deflector pulses and the unstable slipstream opens. The shields cut off the beam, the Daimon's image flickering away, and the taskforce begins to enter the slipstream.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Sends the message GO GO GO to the fleet.::

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: 6 Mississippi, 7 Mississippi ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: 9 Mississippi, 10 Mississippi ::

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

::Holds the helm as tight as he can trying to make this jump far enough::

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: 14 Mississippi, 15 Mississippi ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

NAV: Not yet Mr Marcus.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: 19 Mississippi, 20 Mississippi  ::

 

<Daimon_Murbek>

@::watches on his viewscreen as something opens and the ships begin to warp away:: All: WHAT!? ::turns to his science officer, yanking his energy whip from his belt:: SCI: You said that nobody could escape! NOBODY!

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

NAV: How many have gone through?

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: 23 Mississippi, 24 Mississippi::

 

ACTION: The Daimon snaps the whip above the poor Science officer's head, who squeals, huddled and scuttling away

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: 27 Mississippi, 28 Mississippi ::

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

SCI: 8,9,10th going through now

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: 31 Mississippi, 32 Mississippi. ::  NAV:  We should get out of here.

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

CO: Captain?

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

Self: They need to move faster....

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: 35 Mississippi, 36 Mississippi

 

ACTION: The Andorian ships move closer, the last few getting pulled into slipstream and fired into the distance at ludicrous speeds.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

::  37 Mississippi, 38 Mississippi ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

NAV: Now.....

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

NAV: Now, Ensign!

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

:: Realeses the inertial dampeners and lets the SOVEREIGN ship fly::

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: 41 Mississippi, 42 Mississippi ::

 

ACTION: The Sentinel moves through just before her deflector fails and the slipstream collapses, the hull straining against the forces protected only by their shields, the crew being buffeted about while consoles spark, smoke and pop with electric bursts.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: BREEP ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

Sentinel: Come on darlin' y'can do it.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: has no warning and ends up out of her chair and against the wall :: Self: Ow. :: reaches up to check for head injuries and realizes her wrist hurts :: Self: Why oh why was this necessary?

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Taev swears, and begins pulling out reversed cells, coaxing ergs from the remaining cells. ::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

*Bridge* Sickbay to Bridge, what in the names of Air and Fire did we just do?

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

CO: Captain we are just ahead of the wavefront colapsing behind us

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: 45 Mississippi, 46 Mississippi, oh crap.  More melting. ::

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

::with annoyance:: *CMO*: You will know later if we get out of this.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

*CMO*: Something more insane than the last thing.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

*TAC:  Do you have a fire extinguisher?

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

*aXO* That's certainly helpful. *SCI* And here I thought it couldn't get any worse.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: 48 Mississippi, 49 Mississippi, the QSD starts quieting down.  ::

 

ACTION: One of the consoles on the bridge explodes, a shower of sparks and flame licking at some power Lieutenant and sending him reeling over one of the railings.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

All: We should be dropping out any moment.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Shuts off the regulators, the Warp field is destabilising. ::

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

CO: Exiting Slipstream now

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: doesn't bother to try to stand right now, it'd just end up in more being-thrown-around ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: COUGH ::

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

*ENG*: Yes. ::He spoke in a slightly annoyed tone, while reaching for and one, but is knocked about by the explosion::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Holds on tight to her chair::

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: The Warp Core stops pulsing, things are quiet in Main Engineering, unless you count the sound of fire crackling around burning power cords.::

 

ACTION: The Sentinel is thrown out of Slipstream rather forcefully, the interial dampeners doing their best to compensate but the crew still gets battered around.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: Its like being in Metreon nebula.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: slides and hits desk, and then grabs on :: Self: One of these days, they'll install seatbelts

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

CO: Captain all ships are on Nav sensors and accounted for. We made it>

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

*CMO:  Cough, I can't breathe down here.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: stands and winces :: Sickbay: Is everyone all right?

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Looks at the captain.:: CO: Shall we deal with the Ferengi before we go?

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

*ENG* Then get out.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Smiles:: All: Well done everyone. ::Looks over:: SCI: No....We can send a subspace message and someone else can take care of it. We have a war to fight.....::Turns:: *ENG*: Damage report.

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

CO: Got a comm from the Rosenburg with the taskforce; putting it up.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

*CO:  Ma'am, I can't see my console.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Bumps into a railing. ::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: heads out to main Sickbay to take count of the injuries and to treat her broken ribs and sprained wrist ::

 

ACTION: A rather haggard looking man flashes up on the viewscreen.

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

::Grimly gets up and uses fire extinguisher on a fire::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: I think I might just know the right people....

 

<Captain_Willoughby>

@*CO*: Captain, I can't thank you enough for your assistance. We thought we'd be there for the rest of our lives.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Looks up at the view screen:: *Willoughby*: Not a problem, Captain. We were missing you so we figured we'd come pick you up. ::Smiles::

 

<Captain_Willoughby>

@::chuckles softly, followed by a rough cough:: *CO*: Glad to know that someone was thinking of us, it's taken you months.

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

aXO: Sir, There are fires and almost unbreathable air in main engineering, shouldnt we dispatch damage control teams and medical respone?

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Shakes head:: *Willoughby*: Recalibrate your time with a nearby beacon. I think you'll find that time must've slowed when you were in there.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

TAC: Hey, you're getting the fire pretty good.  COUGH COUGH, I think.

 

<Captain_Willoughby>

@::tilts his head with a nod:: *CO*: I was worried about that. Time dilation, the little things that we don't realise are an issue when we've got the safety of Subspace. I'll notify the ships in the fleet to do the same.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Sends a transmission to Ferenginar highlighting Murbek's salvage operation; the FCA would be most happy to know if any taxes or commissions have been... avoided against Ferengi law.::

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

*Bickers:  Get in here, I need a facemask.  COUGH

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

NAV: They're on their way if they are not there already.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Nods:: *Willoughby*: How fares the conditions of your ships? Can you fight?

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: Sickbay is quickly becoming a mess, filled with people who either don't know how to use emergency medikits or simply can't use said medikits ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Vomits profusely, then passes out. ::

 

<Captain_Willoughby>

@::nods:: *CO*: We can fight. Have the Tzenkethi pushed all the way up to Draconis already? Things must be worse than I thought...

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

::squints at another message coming through and tilts his head:: CO/*CO*: Sirs, the Tzenkethi have been engaged back at Starbase 621.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: I've sent a transmission straight to the FCA. Hopefully they'll be keen to investigate Daimon Murbek.

 

ACTION: Sickbay get a medical emergency notification when Taev passes out.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

Nurse_Williams: Hey, Gary. Take a team out and see what parts of the shop need help. Make sure you stop in Engineering first!

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Shakes head again:: *Willoughby*: Not yet. We're meeting at this rendevous point. ::Sends a coded subspace message with coordinates::

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

::Puts out the last fire on the bridge::

 

<Captain_Willoughby>

@::winces as he receives it, but nods, looking firmly resolute:: *CO*: We'll follow your lead, Sentinel. I've already dispatched a message to Helaspont, they're sending a handful of repair tugs.

 

Nurse_Williams>

:: grumbles a bit, but gets a team together and heads out ::

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

::hopes those atmo scrubbers weren't damaged in engineering while he tries to reroute some power and clear things up however he can from the bridge::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: grabs a surgery kit to help someone who stood far too close to a plasma conduit when the initial whatever-it-was happened ::

 

ACTION: The scrubbers whirr to life, giving the people in Engineering an easier time.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: We should do that again sometime...

 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< End Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage