U.S.S. Sentinel - 11505.25, Mission #42

"Lost and Found"


Summary

 

The Sentinel remains in place outside the Nebula, scanning the area within and the stricken ships, unreachable and uncontactable, so close and yet so unsurmountably far. Meanwhile, they appear to have caught a possible saboteur onboard - an unrelated person, perhaps, or may she have some insight into the area and what's going on?

 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Resume Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Sitting on the bridge, mulling this decision over in her head::

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Runs tests on the secondary command processor following replacement of the bio-neural gel pack.::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::at OPS.. continuing to monitor subspace, listen to enemy comms, etc....::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: tapping her desk randomly and wondering if now would be a good time to write a few messages to a few people... ::

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

::In sick bay, trying not to do interrogation cliches::

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

*CO*: Captain, we have a suspect in custody, a Ferengi woman with a cloak. We will be questioning her as soon as it is possible.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::looks at her console as a message pops up:: CO: Captain, priority message from Captain Griffiths

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

*XO*: Alright....try not to injure anyone.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

AMB: On screen

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

CO: It's text only Ma'am. All ships from all taskforces are to return to the fleet and prepare for an assault on the Tzenkethi at Starbase 621.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Is mulling over the simulations and tests, hoping absolutely nothing extraneous and unforeseen crops up during the actual.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Frowns:: AMB: That's the complete message?

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

Self: Only if she does not spring for the hard way again... ::turns to Gist:: TAC: Make sure she is restrained before she wakes up, just in case.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

CO: yes Ma'am

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

::Nods, and tightens the restraints holding her to the table.::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::turns to Hamlet, just thinking of something:: SCI: have you tried bombarding the instability with Verterons?

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Looks to the SCI::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Thinks hard on the question.: AMB: Hmmm. I never really thought about that... ::turns to make some calculations.:: It might work... even i  only a bit....::Continues calculating.::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

SCI: Something I remember hearing at the Academy..

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: leans over a little to see what's happening in Sickbay and to visually check on the Ferengi. Still out of it. ::

 

<Nurna>

::remains unconscious, and now shackled to the biobed::

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

::motions to their prisoner:: CMO: Anything you can give her?

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

AMB: Yes.... Verteron particles are unstable and in a constant state of flux in normal space, but in subspace.... they stabilise...

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: shrugs :: aXO: Do you want her to wake up now or later? :: stands and walks out to Main Sickbay ::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

SCI: Could work.. ::grins::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

SCI: If you've got a solution, let's run it.

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

CMO: The sooner we can question her, the sooner we can stop darkening your doorway.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

aXO: Whatever you say, sir. :: grabs a hypo and sticks it in the Ferengi's arm :: That should do the trick.

 

<Nurna>

::opens her eyes suddenly with a gasp, the inaprovaline doing a damn fine job:: All: I didn't do it! It was like that when I got there!

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Satisfied with the processor, Taev moves onto re-calibrating the QSD.::

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

::despite being possibly SOMEHOW more uptight than usual, being in sickbay, he at least nods his thanks to the doctor before turning his stern attention to the Ferengi::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

Self: That's one way to wake up.

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

::Moves closer to the Ferengi with a grim look on his face::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: We could combine plans... if we resonate the verteron particles to the same frequency to our warp field as we channel them through the deflector... it might in fact act like a quantum slipstream... smoothing subspace out in front of us.

 

<Nurna>

::glances between the two grim-looking Starfleet fellows::

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

Nurna: Calm down. We need to talk. Primarily about who you are and what you are doing on our ship.

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

Nurna: And what you've done on the ship.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

SCI: Let's do it. We're on a time limit now. It's either we get them out now, or turn around and join the fleet.

 

<Nurna>

::glances back and forth faster with worried little gasps:: aXO/TAC: Nothing! I wasn't there, I didn't do it!

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

Nurna: Perhaps I should jog your memory, a power converter? ::He leaned over her::

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

Nurana: And let us not forget the unfornate crewmate of ours Sa'tel. She bled out, you know.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Works on refining the solution.::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

Self: It would be like striking a pool ball...

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: winces at the mention of Ensign Sa'tel and is suddenly very interested in organizing Sickbay equipment ::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::remembered the bit about Verterons from history class.. is really only vaguely sure how the science part works...::

 

<Nurna>

::looks genuinely heartbroken, piecing together from context who they're talking about:: aXO: ...She surprised me...I....I didn't want to know her name....I was so scared....

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

Self: Then, we could follow shortly after in the wake....

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: We can do this ma'am

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

::Unmoved by her words Gist crosses his arms:: Nurna: What are you doing on our ship?

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Nods:: All: Alright, we have a plan. Let's make it happen.

 

<Nurna>

::looks away, closing her eyes:: TAC: Th-....they made me. It was supposed to be easy, quiet, in and out.

 

<Nurna>

TAC: I didn't want to! I've never done anything like this, but your sensors...they weren't tricked, you followed the other ships but didn't get caught.

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

Nurana: I am afraid we are going to need more details than that.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: The only solutions that will work are to temporarily normalise a local pocket subspace. And we have two good ones.

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

:: Pauses for a moment then pounds biobed, talks in suprisingly calm but threatening tone:: Nurna: Who?

 

<Nurna>

::struggles in her bonds, tears still in her eyes making them glisten in the light:: All: No! They're still my friends, I can't let you arrest them! I won't tell you!

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

Nurana: What kind of friends set you up on such a dangerous mission to get caught, I ask you? You are the scapegoat.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Nods:: SCI: Alright, do what you have to do. Co-ordinate with NAV and anyone else you need.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

AUX: Well done. Good idea.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

CO: Thanks, Captain ::smiles::

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Completes recalibration. ::

 

<Nurna>

aXO: I failed, I wasn't set up! You weren't supposed to see me, in and out and that'd be done!

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

Self: Yeah, that was gonna work.

 

<Nurna>

aXO: We fixed the other ships, they were eas-::realises she's said too much and closes her mouth::

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

Nurna: Were you on the other ships that passed through here?

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: We would need one, maybe two ships to stay with us, so we can reinforce the warp field slightly so we can better ride the draft of the fleet in front of us.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: Like holding a friend's hand as you go across a slip and slide. So you have more speed and momentum.

 

<Nurna>

::shakes her head and keeps her mouth firmly shut::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

SCI: Are we set to go in and do this?

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: As best we're gonna be ma'am.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Nods:: NAV: Alright, take us in. ::Turns back:: SCI: Do what you have to do to keep us from getting stuck.

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

Nurna: You do realize that we'll be able to get this out of you eventually. The Docter's all to eager to use mind probes on you, killer. ::He nods over to Sarissa::

 

<Nurna>

<aNAV_Taylor>

::nods, setting a course and piloting the Sentinel towards the edge of the Nebula::

 

ACTION: The ship turns sleekly and glides forward, the engines untroubled - for now.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

TAC: :: whispers :: We don't have mind probes.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: Oh I remember being a science officer in the KDF.... they were simpler times.

 

<Nurna>

::narrows her eyes, then flicks them towards her massive ears:: CMO: I heard that.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: But I've got this.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

Nurna: But we do have a few Vulcans. :: leaves that and wanders off ::

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

::glances at Gist. he's...not used to being the good cop in these situations:: Nurna: I stand by what I said to you before. I just want to talk. I want to know what is happening her, if we are in danger. If anyone else we care about is in danger. We have friends, too.

 

<Nurna>

::thinks for a moment, then her eyes grow a little wider::

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Moves over to Console #2, checking the warp field integrity.::

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

::Facepalms, thinking on how docters have no tact::

 

<Nurna>

::turns to look up at Baudin:: aXO: Look, we've been operating here for a while, nobody gets hurt...really...I mean...::looks a little thoughtful for a second:: Yeah. Nobody gets hurt. We just...lure them in, depower their ships and salvage them. That's all it is, salvage!

 

<aNAV_Taylor>

CO: Coming up on the edge of the Nebula, Captain.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::continuing to monitor transmissions::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

NAV: We'll need a brief burst at about warp 6. If we focus the warp field ahead of us, as the instability disables warp, we can ride like a bullet to the fleet.

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

Nurna: And by 'salvage' you mean strip them of everything they are worth and strand them in a pocket of space for a very long time?

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

Nurna: But a lot more then salvaging happened this time, someone died. Your friends obviously knew this would happen eventually.

 

<Nurna>

::opens her mouth and looks between the two again:: TAC: I...It was an accident. I panicked when she came up and saw me....my cloak was malfunctioning and...and I grabbed my knife....I was scared, I didn't know what to do so I ran!

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Nods:: aNAV: Steady as she goes.

 

<aNAV_Taylor>

::looks a little worried, but nods:: SCI: Aye, Sir. :;sets course:: Ready for a warp jump on your order.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Sends the warp field geometry requirements to NAV and Engineering::

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Initiates Warp Field ::

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

Nurna: That changes nothing, she's dead. Perhaps you want to hear a page or two from her eulagy? Or maybe you can tell use who put you up to this.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Begins manipulating the warp field to the required shape as it builds.::

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

*NAV:  Warp drive enabled.

 

<aNAV_Taylor>

::nods, then hit the Engage button::

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

Nurna: This is what pirates do.  It is...crude, and I do not believe pirates to be good for business.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Looks at the captain.::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: finds that one of the trays of medical equipment is completely disorganized and sets about organizing it ::

 

ACTION: The Sentinel leaps to warp, smashing into the edge of the nebula just under warp six before her warp bubble pops like a balloon and she starts to 'slide' on a stream of directed verterons towards the ships.

 

<Nurna>

aXO: We've made more in these last few weeks than an entire year running shipping out of Draconis! It's profitable, and nobody gets hurt!

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Quickly moves to stabilize the warp drive, throttling down the matter-antimatter mix.::

 

ACTION: The warp drive is useless, but Taev's quick thinking successfully powers it down into a safe state.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::grips her console as the turbulence hits..::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

ALL: I'n't this one helluva ride!

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Feels the whole ship rumbling:: Self: We better not shake apart.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: swears loudly as she stumbles into a biobed, but thankfully not across it ::

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

::braces himself on the edge of the biobed, considering asking the bridge what's going on now::

 

<aNAV_Taylor>

::grips her console with gritted teeth, using impulse and maneuvering thrusters to keep them on a roughly straight course:: CO: Captain, we're coming up on the Andorian taskforce!

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

Nurna: Do you feel that? We are putting ourselves in danger just so we can help our ships. Ships that are needed on the front lines of battle to keep more innocent people from dying. Now war, that is good for business, yes? Not much of a war if there is no one to fight it.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Laughs like a crazy person.:: Self: Worst....Plan....Ever....

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

aNAV: Get us close to them so we can drag them back out with us. ::Turns:: AUX: When we get in range, get a hold of them and let them know what's going on.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::lets a breath out at the mention of the taskforce:: Self: Did it actually work?

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

::Stumbles a bit, doing nothing to improve his mood. If she didn't crack soon, she'd have hell to pay::

 

<Nurna>

::struggles again, crying out in frustration more than anything:: aXO: It's a trap, okay! We acquired some cloaking devices from one of the Klingon houses for a neat sum, and we've been using them to guide ships into this pocket of space, power them down and then board them for salvage! It's all legal, we just...help things along! It's just business!

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

Self/Nurna: Hmph, legal...

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

CO: Yes Ma'am..

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Transfer energy to the tractor emitters::  *OPS:  Tractors ready.

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

Nurna: That doesn't tell us what we need to hear. Where. And. Who. Are. Your. Friends?

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

Nurna: Perhaps we could make them an offer. A deal. So that they will never have to dream about disabling Federation ships again.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

*ENG*: Acknowledged..

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

CO: Tractors are ready

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: The tray she was organizing is now almost hopelessly and annoyingly messy. :: Self: Of all the times...

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Begins swearing angrily in Klingon.:: Self: No no no no damnit.... come on... don't you bledy dissipate now.

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

::Gist had enough with Baudin's "Good cop":: aXO: Sir, a woman is dead, and little miss sabatour will be lucky if she gets off this ship alive. This is no time for "deals."

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

CO: I'm getting a message on long-wave radio signal. They say they're fine, they can see us on sensors...

 

<Nurna>

::whines quietly:: aXO: I don't know any more! I was just here to help disable your ship, that's all!

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

AMB: Alright, Let them know what the plan is and let's start bringing them out of here.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

ALL: We needa get them on the path quick like... it's already beginning to collapse, and the warp core is slowly being dampened... so energy reserves are not regenerating.

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

Nurna: Shut up unless you tell us what we want to hear! ::He said not turning away from Baudin::

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

::is not going to say anywhere near a Ferengi's lobes that there will never be a 'deal', of course, but he glares at Gist all the same:: TAC: If they are cloaked, we can find them and deal with them later. They are clearly stalking this area; they cannot be far.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::transmits a message to the ships to follow Sentinel if they want to live..::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: starts paying attention to the little argument brewing between Baudin and Gist and wonders if she should get a camera ::

 

<Nurna>

::narrows her eyes and shouts out:: TAC: There's hundreds! A whole fleet! We're the biggest around!

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

AMB: Tell em to do like the Tholians.... make a tractor web, so we dont miss a single one.... and to match warp frequencies.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::nods at SCI:: SCI: Will do.

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

Nurna: WHERE ARE THEY?! ::Leans on biobed::

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

::with a glance at Nurna, unimpressed:: TAC: Then we can take back all that they have so graciously 'salvaged' and leave them powerless in this part of space as well. IF they do not want to play along with a Federation investigation.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::transmits instructions to the ships to make a tractor web thingy and match warp frequencies::

 

<Nurna>

TAC: EVERYWHERE! We're all around, you can't see us and you can't find us!

 

<Nurna>

::looks sullen:: aXO/TAC: They'll come for me, then you'll be sorry!

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

Self: Come on... Come on... 30 seconds......

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

::Pulls out phaser and points it at her:: Nurna: Wrong answer.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: meanders back over to the interrogation and listens closely, monitoring Nurna's emotional state and getting a headache for her effort ::

 

<Nurna>

::stares down the barrel of the phaser with a scream:: aXO: He's gonna shoot me!

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

TAC: Hey! Put that away! No phasers in my Sickbay! :: glares ::

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

::Ignores Sarissa, holds finger over trigger::

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Pulls power from auxiliary systems to supplement the tractor emitters.  Each is assigned to a different vector to guide the Andorian fleet onto the path.::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Takes a deep breath as he hopes has hasn't just stranded them all.::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: reaches silently for a hypo of sedative :: TAC: I said, no phasers in my Sickbay.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

*ALL*  I'm giving her everything I've got!

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

Nurna: What would you like me to do about this? Is there a reason I should make him stop?

 

<Nurna>

aXO: Arrest me, charge me, just don't have him shoot me!

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: pinches the bridge of her nose :: Self: Dear Elements, give me the strength to deal with people in general.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

All: Noooo.... Its gone.... the verteron particles are decaying too rapidly...

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Whips around:: SCI: Do we have anything left?

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: And sensors indicate there are four Ferengi marauders outside of the instibility.

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

Nurna: We can say you broke loose of your bonds, tried to escape, and I just so happened to have it on kill...

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

Nurna: We know you do not have a fleet to stand up to us. Give us something. Whatever you have. I may even throw some latinum your way, as well as having him not shoot you. Enough latinum to get you your own ship. I have sources, after all.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: Bastards just decloaked.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::frowns, this doesn't sound good::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Frowns:: All: On screen.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

TAC: I can tell the truth. Haven't you ever heard of bribes? It sure sounds like a good idea! :: really wary of that phaser ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Pulls back power from the tractor emitters and reinforces shields. ::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::shows the ships onscreen::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Still thinks the combined power of the entire fleets warp fields could get them out.::

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

aXO: Latinums out of the question, it's her life or nothing. ::Saying in a carefree tone:: CMO: Docter, this is beyond bribes, we know. :He turned back towards her:: Sel/Nurna:She knows that...

 

<Nurna>

aXO: He can't shoot me, I know you have rules! I've already told you everything I know.

 

ACTION: The lead Marauder appears to fire something at the Sentinel, a beam of bronze light.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: points at Gist :: TAC: Didn't I just get done saying 'no phasers in my Sickbay' or did you not catch that part? Do I need to clarify something in there?

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

Nurna: You probably should know I went rogue for a bit, couldn't conform to the rules.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::looks at her console as a message pops up over an odd telemetry:: CO: Incoming message, Ma'am.

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

::Smiles evilly::

 

<Nurna>

::huffs, turning her head and not looks:: TAC: You can't! They won't let you!

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

AMB: On screen.

 

ACTION: A holographic image shows up on the bridge, tapping directly into the imagers onboard. It's a tall Ferengi male.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::puts the incoming message on the big screen::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Stands up from her chair to face this hologram::

 

<Nurna>

<Damon_Murbek>

*CO*: You've ruined our plans, Captain, but now you're stuck in our web anyway. Isn't is nice? Power down your ships and jump into your escape pods, we'll let you live. Or die, slowly, while your life support runs dry.

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

Nurna: Why? An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth,::Grabs her by her shirt holding the phaser close to her head. :: Nurna: Always pay your debts.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::blinks at the holographic image, hoping he's just bluffing..::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

TAC: I suggest you settle down, Ensign, or you're going to end up in a biobed.

 

<Nurna>

::pushes against her bonds, squealing as she struggles:: TAC: You're hurting me!

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: slips the hypo into her sleeve for quick action ::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Stays silent for a moment:: *Murbek*: I'm sure you know our standard greeting by now. You've run across quite a few federation ships I'm sure. Also, if that's the case, you know that we do not negotiate with pirates. We're in the middle of a war right now. I'm sure you've heard this.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Growls at the sight of the Ferengi::

 

<Daimon_Murbek>

*CO*: War, as I'm sure you've heard, is good for business, Captain. We find what business we can, and it's almost always good.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::watching the Ferengi's body language carefully::

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

Nurna: Wasn't she hurt when you stabbed her?! When the blood came pouring down her uniform?! I was there afterwards, I saw her crewmates cry over her body. And you know what, That. Makes. Me. Mad.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::he looks very confident.. and wealthy::

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Begins charging phaser banks from the reserve battery.::

 

<Nurna>

::cries out:: TAC: I didn't want to! I didn't mean to do that! It wasn't my faaaaault!

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: slips around to stand a few feet behind and to Gist's side :: TAC: Ensign... put it down. Now. :: looks over :: aXO: Is this normal for tactical officers?

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Smiles softly:: *Murbek*: Of course. However, I doubt you'll do well in selling to the Tzenkethi. Backing the wrong side can be....unhealthy, as you would put it? Perhaps, unprofitable?

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Has a thought on how to trick the big eared potato man.::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::..and now the Ferengi looks slightly uncomfortable, as if things are not going to plan::

 

<Daimon_Murbek>

::scoffs:: *CO*: Captain, please. Trading with the Federation is never protifable, we'd not miss them in the Alpha Quadrant.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

<notices that..>

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

Nurna: Oh right, it wasn't your fault when you stabbed your knife into her, it wasn't your fault when you left her to die. And you know what? It's not my fault if I kill you right now!

 

<Nurna>

::simply wails in anguish::

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

::sighs and rolls his eyes heavenward:: TAC: Stand down, Ensign. Throw her in the brig. She will just have to face full charges for what she has done if she does not want to give us anything else. Shame, she might have gotten a deal out of it.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: grabs Gist's arm :: TAC: It seems that you've got a case of selective hearing, Ensign. You might want to get it checked out.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Her grin gets bigger:: *Murbek*: And when the Tzenkethi are the only ones left? Who'll come to your aid when they turn on you? ::Sits down, not afraid.:: I've got quite the headache. I'll make an allowance for this. We happen to have an Ambassador on board here. Why don't we have her speak with you about this. ::Gestures to the AMB::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: We still have a way out ma'am. ::Looks at the Ferengi:: And when we are out, I'm sure the Ferenganar Economic Bureau, would be happy to know how much they've been skimming.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: And out here they've probably skimmed alot of money.

 

<Daimon_Murbek>

::waves his hand in a dismissive gesture and a smile:: *CO*: There is no way out, only one way in. I'll give you thirty minutes to decide, then you can have this...ambassador...give me your surrender.

 

ACTION: The beam stops, and the holographic image dissipates.

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

::Holsters phaser, still staring grimly at the Ferangi:: Nurna: This isn't over, you will pay.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

AMB: Diplomacy is your specialty. It's your time to shine, Ensign.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Smiles at thee captain.:: CO: A way out.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: scowls :: TAC: When this is over, you and I need to have a chat about how to treat a patient in my Sickbay. :: crosses arms and waves hypo around ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

*NAV:  We can always engage the QSD, the subspace instability in this area has no effect on the Slipstream drive.  However, this only works if we keep enough power to engage it.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::looks up as the image dissipates::CO: I'd be happy to, Captain..

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

::Smiles, musing on how Sarissa has spunk:: CMO: And I'll have a chat with you on how we treat prisoners.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: lifts an eyebrow :: TAC: Treat 'em how you like in the brig, just remember that I'm also qualified as a counselor. And it seems to me that someone needs to cool off. :: keeps scowling ::

 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Pause Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage