U.S.S. Sentinel - 11505.18, Mission #41

"Lost and Found"


Summary

 

The USS Sentinel holds position outside of the Helaspont Nebula, sensors showing the stricken Andorian ships locked away inside a subspace bubble, unable to move beyond .75c and making their way slowly to the edge - a journey that will take a lot longer than they have. Meanwhile, the aXO and the Tactical officer are looking for a possible cloaked assassin - dangerous fare for even the experienced hunter.

 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Resume Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Sitting in her usual place:: SCI: Do we have a plan?

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: is proudly sending signals back and forth through the QSD relay.::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Is at his console running simulation after simulation, for ever little thought and idea on his mind. He looked over at the captain, trying to give an answer, but hesitating. As he didn't have a solid idea.::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::is continuing to monitor subspace..and can't send or receive messages in the dead zone : P::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: sits in Ten-Forward grabbing a quick meal ::

 

<GM_James>

<The Bulwark>

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: Ensign Taev has an idea of using the QSD. I think that will get us in there, but I'm highly unsure if it'll get us oot. I think its too unstable. But... and this is long shot....

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

CO: Enemy comms are nonexistent at the moment, and nothing's going in or out of the dead zone.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

AMB: Acknowledged

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

SCI: Yes?

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

::aggravated at the lack of anything to be found:: *TAC*: Ensign, any news for me? The longer this goes on, the longer our assailant has to get away.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::continues monitoring.. etc.::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: These subspace distortions... they contort subspace... bend it and open empty pockets. And a single warp field simply cannot compensate for the malformation of subspace like that.

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

*aXO*: None yet sir

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::trying different frequencies aside from subspace.. ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: If we get in there...we may...if we fly in a tight formation, and syncronise the entire fleet's warp fields... we could create a heavily reinforced subspace bubble.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Increases output to the Fusion drive, to replenish an odd energy drain in the reserve batteries.::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::continues to ping on every frequency she can think of..::

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

TAC: Please send someone to check out the reserve batteries, there is an unauthorized tap.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: stares out of the nearby window and wonders why the hell there are so many stars ::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

SCI: Do you think you could make it work?

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

OPS:  Sir, can you trace any unusual power flows from your console?

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

ENG: Aknowledged, ::Goes to do it himself::

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

CO: Captain, I am all for spit firing ideas, but if one ship wavers course the warp feild will fluctuate and the mauver could destroy all of us

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

CO: Ma'am, I'm getting something from the probe at Draconis

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

NAV: Is there a way to compensate?

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

AMB: What is it, Ensign?

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::tapping a few buttons on the console to get more details::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Gives a heavy sigh, staring blindly of for a second, before looking back to the captain and nodding.:: CO: By the name of Kahless, and the honour of my house. I will make it work.... I have to.

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

*Sneede*:  Sneede, how's the Tachyon sweep going?

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

CO: It would have to be every ship engaging their warp feilds at the same time in the same intensity and making the same course for the entirey of the jump. It is theoretically possible captain, but one slip up doesnt just destroy one ship.

 

<GM_James>

<aTAC_Snape>

*TAC*: Snape here, sir. We're running sweeps deck by deck in our continued search for 'anything'.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

CO: Hm.. just seems to be an automated signal, nothing concrete yet. It's from somewhere in the vicinity of the star

 

<GM_James>

<star = nebula>

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

*TAC*: Tachyons do not just appear out of nowhere; find me some answers. If there's a cloaked person on this ship, they'll leave a trail. ::granted, that's IF:: *ENG*: Sorry, unusual power flows? Give me two minutes and I will see what comes up.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

<yep, thanks>

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

NAV: No. But if we don't get them out of there, they will run out of power and supplies, long before they get out.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: finishes her meal and gets up to head back to Sickbay and work. ::

 

ACTION: A dust bunny blows idly across Sarissa's feet.

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

SCI: I understand that sir, but is this our only option?

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

NAV: We will have to integrate all of the nav computers.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

Self: Air and Fire, I refuse to deal with that damn thing. As long as it isn't in my Sickbay, I don't care :: repeats that over and over again the whole way back to Sickbay ::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

NAV: If we can control their ships remotely from here, we could handle the timing and making sure everything matches up.

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

::brings up a console and checks out the power around the ship for any oddities or blips, something running too hot, too cold, or fluxing more than it should...::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::still monitoring for enemy comms...all frequencies::

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

CO & SCI: if all navigation is from our ship at the same time it could just work, Running simulation now

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Nods at the Captain.::

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

*Snape:* Tell me if you find anything. *aXO*Yes sir. ::Arrives at the reserve batteries:: self: Honestly, is anything okay one this ship?

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

:: Inputs parameters of the proposed scenario and watches it in action:: CO & SCI: It is possible, but I only have a 31% chance of error

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Nods:: NAV: 31% chance? Can we narrow that down at all? That's quite a large chance.

 

<GM_James>

<aTAC_Snape>

::rolls his eyes as the comm cuts:: Self: I've found nothing, but I feel like I've lost my mind. ::continues running a tachyon sweep of this deck, foot by foot::

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Further increases the power flow to the reserve batteries, now over-compensating for the power drain.  ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Monitors battery limits, easing off at 102% ::

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

CO: Captain that is with all of the ships being controled from one console, I see no other way to reduce the error probability, how about you Lieutenant? :: Looks to hammy for answer::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: steps into Sickbay and wanders back towards her office, stopping to chat with a few nurses and patients ::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::....*ping.....::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

NAV: We'd have to speed up computer processing time.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

*aXO*: How are things progressing Lieutenant?

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

SCI: Wouldnt the computer processing time be increased with multiple ships computers boosting the output?

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

NAV: If we set up the right pathways. Otherwise the traffic will slow it down.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::trying to find the source of the ping from earlier...::

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

::Opens up panel, revealing a strange device attached to the gel pack and power relay:: *ENG:* Sir, I think I've found the problem.

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

SCI: Can you taev and i connect those pathways in a timely fashion? I was thinking more of like 2 days to do such a thing but i dont think we have that kind of time

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

::doesn't like to admit defeat. he is not yet defeated!:: *CO*: Not well. We're working on the theory that someone might be cloaked. In fact... *SCI*: If you can run an anti-proton scan, just in case something pops up...

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

TAC: Can you bring the device to Engineering?

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Stops feeding the reserve battery, begins a controlled drain. ::

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

*ENG*: Well, if your sure it wouldn't make the ship blow up.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

TAC: I'm on my way.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

NAV: The other ships may need to make modifications as well. To maximise the chances.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

CO: I think I may have found the source of the signal.. it's close, maybe 1-2 lightyears from here ::looks at her console:: it could be a cloaked vessel trying to run silently, accidentally letting out a signal..

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Grabs a toolkit & tricorder, then exits main engineering.::

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

*aXO*: Sir, I've found something... well alien, might be a lead.

 

<GM_James>

<aTAC_Snape>

::slams his fist onto his chest as his sensor goes off:: *aXO*: Sir, Snape, deck 21. I've got something on sensors, looks humanoid, roughly 5 feet 2 inches and 90 pounds.

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

SCI: Then I say lets coneect the computers and open communicsation with the other ships and then run a final simualtion and see what the probability is after the modifications to the pathways with the other ships help

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Hears the comm, immediately turning in his eat and making the scan .:: *XO*: Looking for something cloaked are ya? Gimmie a moment sir... there may be some residual traces....

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

SCI & CO: Um if that is alright with you of course Captain

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Takes the TL and jogs down the hall.::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

NAV: We'd have to get closer to them, which would potentially trap us inside. I'd like a backup plan in case this wont work.

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

::gets hisself to the nearest TL:: *aTAC*: That sounds...oddly small. I'm on my way. Make sure it does not move, and have a team with you if you do not. *TAC*: What kind of alien something?

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Joins TAC, bends down and starts examining the strange device attached to the now drained reserve battery.::

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

CO: Aye captain

 

<aTAC_Snape>

::waits in the quiet engineering section on Deck 21. Alone. In the dim light::

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

*aXO*: Looks... Ferengi... and a bit of breen tech I think. ENG: Well look who finally got here.

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

:: Continues to run simulations ::

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

TAC: Don't let anyone shoot me, you included.  I'm going to disconnect this thing.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Makes a Tricorder sweep of the device, tracing power inputs & energy readings.::

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

SCI: Lieutenant what if we position the other fleet ships at equal distances around the trapped ship and fire a pulse at the pocket that has them trapped?

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

*TAC*: Is it dangerous? Any idea what it was doing there? TL: Deck 21. ::and, just to be safe--orders the other tactical teams to converge there with him::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

NAV: Problem is that it's 20 ships that are all trapped in there.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: checks out some of the latest articles from Starfleet Medical and is mildly amused to see that one of her nuttier professors actually got published ::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

All: One ship wouldn't be so hard I think. But 20...

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Takes out a laser cutter/welder, sets it to thin beam (1mm dispersal).::

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

CO: Can they communicate with each other as well as with us?

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

*aXO* Don't know yet sir, Teav's looking at it. ::Crouches beside Teav:: ENG: Any diagnosis?

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: In my opinion, it is a power converter.  I'm removing it shortly.::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::initiates a sensor sweep for the possible nearby cloaked vessel::

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

<TAC: In my opinion, it is a power converter.  I'm removing it shortly.>

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

*aXO:* Teav says it's a power converter.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

NAV: We can't communicate with them unless we were with them. ::Thinks for a moment.::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Has a thought:: NAV/SCI: Maybe we're looking too big here. It might take a bit of time, but if we helped 2-3 ships at a time out of the nebula, it'll cut down on the risk factor

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: The reinforced bubble is the best I've got.... most of my other ideas are limited by time, resources... and the laws of physics.

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

::arrives on the deck, looking for the long-suffering aTAC:: Self: Why is it so dim in here... aTAC: At least we are getting somewhere. *TAC*: Keep me notified on whatever else you find out.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: But, what do you have in mind?

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

CO: and give the added advantage of the other ships to assist in our efforts to release the others captain

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Applies the laser cutter to the input circuit positive line.::

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

CO: but how?

 

<GM_James>

<aTAC_Snape>

::pulls out his wan-...phaser.:: aXO: I'm still picking up the signal, I don't think they realise we're here.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

All: Using this bubble idea, we can take 2 or 3 ships outside of the distortion and we'd head back in to do it again. It would only take us a few trips.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Applies the laser cutter to the input circuit negative line.::

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

::Cringes slightly incase it implodes::

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

aTAC: By any chance, could it be a Ferengi? I suppose we'll find out soon enough...

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Applies the laser cutter to the input circuit ground.::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: Hmmm. It might work. It all depends how powerful the distortions are.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Smears universal solvent to the glue holding the strange device on the battery.::

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

CO: That is only if it is as easy to get out as it is to get in, obviously they havent done so yet and we are ALOT bigger

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

CO: Ma'am

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::nothing on the sensor sweep scan yet...::

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

TAC: Don't touch that until Crewman Bickers cleans the battery housing.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

<remove scan>

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

aTAC: Make sure we have it surrounded. If it moves, there will be nowhere for it to run. More security should be on their way. ::but he'll be sure to arm himself anyway.::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Nods and takes a deep breath:: All: We're going to go in to try this...We need a way to get ourselves out if this doesn't work. Otherwise it'll take us a year to get out as well.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Pulls hard to remove the strange device.::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: wonders how the investigation is going but decides against calling anyone about it. ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

Self: We need a better map of the interior....

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

ENG: Is that wise? ::Backs away slightly::

 

ACTION: Security make their way down to Deck 21 to join Vikram and Snape, other officers sealing off the exits

 

ACTION: The device pops off with a loud snap, suddenly clicking and whirring in Taev's hand

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: With a loud SNAP!, the device comes free of the Reserve battery, some of it's housing is cracked off.::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: Before we do this cap'n, if I could fire an array of probes, we could get a better map of the distortion.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Nods:: SCI: Good idea. ::Turns:: AMB: Make it so.

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

::yells slightly in anticipation of an explosion, then sighs in relief::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: Find where they're weakest.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

TAC: It is a power converter, not a bomb.  I'll be in Main Engineering.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Exits and heads back toward M.E.

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

SCI: I assume that we will be pulled in once we reach a certain point, is it poossible to rotate sheild harmonics to maintain more control?

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::launches the array of probes into the nebula.. pew, pew, pew!::

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

Self: Crazy techs. ::Taps com badge:: Snape: Snape, anything?

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

*Snape*

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

NAV: Its not about the shields, it's the core.

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

::nods at the officers, then settles himself with a breath before stepping close around where Snape detected the figure. his eyes scan for any telltale shimmers, anything glitching out of place:: Intruder: You are going to have to come out and identify yourself. We know you are there. There is nowhere to go. If you talk to us now, we can make sure nobody else gets hurt.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

*BICKERS*  Bickers, get your mop and report to Energy Storage.  There's some solvent to clean up.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

NAV: It's attracted to the distortions, because of it's ow. effect on subspace.

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

SCI: I understand sir, but would rotation the sheilds in anyway block the core from being pullked?

 

ACTION: There's a loud clatter just in front of Vikram, and a phaser inverter appears to tumble from nowhere and roll across the floor.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

NAV: I don't believe so.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

CO: The probes are starting to send signals back ma'am. It will take them a while to reach the ships though

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Begins getting some basic spatial telemetry. Sets the probes to start doing much more intensive scans of the quantum-spatial geometry.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

::crouches down to pick it up. then is it the small area that's cloaked, not just the person?:: Intruder: Like I said. We know. So you can make this easier on us, or you can make this a hell of a lot harder on you.

 

ACTION: There's a gasp and then the sound of running, headed in the opposite direction.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

AMB: Good. This should help.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::nods at CO::

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Enters Main Engineering, puts away tools, and takes up position at Console #2.  Taev begins recharging the reserve battery.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: watches a pair of medtechs chat and argue and almost laughs. Almost ::

 

ACTION: Everything seems quiet in Sickbay, possibly the one place on the ship that's seeing any peace at the moment.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Slowly updates the map, overlay the different levels of subspace as they come in.::

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

::Sighs:: Computer: Computer, where's Snape? ::The computer reports Snape's location at deck 21:: Self: Honestly, what's he doing that's so important? ::Heads off to turbolift, oblivous of the situation on Deck 21::

 

<aTAC_Snape>

aXO: You think that means they want it the hard way? ::looks at Vikram from the corner of his eye::

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

Self: Harder it is...why do they always pick harder? Security: Make damn sure they don't get away. Shoot to stun--just do not stun one another; keep those tachyon sweeps up.

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

aTAC: Funny how that happens, hm? They will always pick hard if you give them an option. Think you can hit something you can only almost see?

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

::Enters the turbolift:: TL: Deck 21.

 

<aTAC_Snape>

::shrugs, setting his phaser on a wide beam dispersal, taking aim down the corridor:: aXO: Fire in the hole, isn't it? ::fires::

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

SCI: I am receiving the new information, it looks like a wide open spot, nothing but the ships

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

Self: I hope this mp

 

ACTION: The phaser beam hits something, a shimmering crackle appearing in the air before a rather shaken Ferengi female stumbles, rolls and lands in a heap on the floor.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

<delete last>

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

Self: I hope this map tell me something good.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

OPS: Cancel power flow analysis, source of the problem resolved.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

NAV: We needa know as best we can, how strong the distortions are and where....

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

aTAC: Good show. ::it is almost a smile on his face. ALMOST.:: *TAC*: We found our suspect, Gist. She will be taken straight to the brig, and then we can have all of the fun of interrogation when she comes to.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Starts making some personal notes on her PADD while everyone gathers information:: Self: This has to work....

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

*ENG*: Acknowledged, Ensign..

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

*aTAC*: Aknowladged. TL: Computer stops turbolift. ::Ponders on how creepy Snape talked::

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Puts strange device in waste basket. ::

 

ACTION: The device sits there in the waste bucket, exactly in the manner that bombs do not.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: It will.

 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Pause Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage