U.S.S. Sentinel - 11505.11, Mission #40

"Lost and Found"


Summary

 

The USS Sentinel has reached Helaspont station and received their data, the next stage of their investigation sending them towards Theta Draconis to investigate the mysterious and ill-timed solar anomaly that may be linked to the disappearance of the Andorian/Starfleet taskforce. Meanwhile onboard, Ensign Se'tal, a Vulcan Stellar Anomaly expert, has been most brutally murdered. The crew seem to have two mysteries to solve.

 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Resume Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Sits in her chair on the bridge:: NAV: ETA till Draconis?

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

CO: ETA 5 minutes Captain

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

::steps out of the TL onto the deck of the crime scene--now murder scene:: TAC: What more have we got, Gist?

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Stumbles out of sickbay, flowers strewn in the hall.  Walks toward his quarters.::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Sat at his console looking at some information on the anomaly they're moving to check out, whilst thinking about the attack he had heard about.::

 

ACTION: The Sentinel closes in on the Draconis sun.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: manages to find her chair in her office in Sickbay and stares at the computer screen. How the hell is she supposed to write this letter home? Sighing, she puts her head in her hands ::

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

CO: Arrival at draconis in 5 4 3 2

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

CO: 1

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

::Pulls out tricorder, scanning surrounding area::

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

:: The ship comes to an all stop in full view of the draconis sun::

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Enters his quarters, pulls a few small vials and a brush from a satchel, and sits before the lavatory mirror.::

 

ACTION: The Sentinel drops out of warp a little too late, almost near the Sun's corona.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Nods:: NAV: Thank you, Ensign. ::Turns:: SCI: Alright, let's start scanning.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Looks at the view screen, filled with the sun:: NAV: A little close though....

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

::brusque:: TAC: Ensign. Report.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: Scans are picking up a low level emission Cap'n. Like the sun is pulsating.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Delicately begins to apply pigments of purple and Yellow to his face, tracing traditional symbols of loss.::

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

:: Pushes the ship in full reverse to back away from the illuminated nova:: CO: i believe it must have grown captain, the navigagtion sensors still say we are one hundred million kilometers away

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

*aXO: Nothing much yet sir, I think I'll need a scanning crew to get to the bottom of this.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::begins monitoring subspace frequencies::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Frowns:: SCI: Pulsating....?

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

TAC: Bring in whoever you need. I want this solved ten minute ago. *CMO*: Sickbay, status on our patient?

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

CO: Ma'am I'm getting a signal that looks like probe telemetry, unknown origin.

 

ACTION: The Sentinel's projected course moves the ship elliptically instead of straight backwards.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: I'd say turn your frown upside down... but I too am frowning....it's bledy unusual.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

NAV: Back us off to the maximum distance while still scanning...Let's keep away from this star.

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

::Turns towards secuirity officer guarding junction:: SO:You, get a scanning detail down here on the double!

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Completes the artwork, then puts the paints back into the satchel.  Taev leaves his quarters for Main Engineering.::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: sighs again :: *aXO* Well, um... she died at 1407 hours. I know that will certainly complicate your search for her attacker, but...

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

CO: There is a problem with our navigational sensors ma'am, they are saying we are moving backwards but we obviously are not. Even at full reverse thrust

 

ACTION: The Security officer nods, tapping his comm badge and ordering a forensic lab.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

NAV: If we can't go back, can we slingshot around the star to get out of range?

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Enters Main Engineering, and makes his way to Console #2.::

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

*CMO*: I'm sorry to hear that, Doctor. We know you did your best. If you find anything unusual about her wounds or condition, please contact me. ::snaps off the comm with a huff:: TAC: This just became a fully fledged murder investigation. ::reads off his PADD with Sa'tel's information::

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

CO: I believe It's a simple navigational error that's being injected into the subroutine due to interference in the array, If I have some time for tests corrections and a simulation I should be able to compensate Captain

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: resists urge to hit her head against the desk. Now there's an autopsy to deal with. :: Self: Guess I'm in for it now...

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

NAV: If it's the computer, I'm not as worried. Make it so.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::sends a signal back trying to locate the probe::

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

CO: Aye Captain I will keep you advised of my progress

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: Captain. These pulsations. Some unknown element is reacting with the helium in the star to modify it into some kind of interference antenna.

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

TAC: Get any sensor readings you can of this area; check logs. Who else was here with her? We'll need to interview anyone who was close to her, see if she had enemies. With such a stellar record, I can barely imagine... ::frowns at 'stellar phenomenon' and 'subspace mechanics':: I would have seen indication if someone beamed aboard, unless someone was hiding in some of our more recent

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

supplies...

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

SCI: And unknown element? Can we identify it?

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

:: Begins tapping away on the console correcting the malfunction and ensuring the corrections are in operational capabilities of the computer and the Sentinel::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: stands and grabs a tricorder. Might as well get the autopsy dealt with now ::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::looks at the console, the probe's position appears on the screen:: CO: Captain, the probe appears to be located in the sun's lower corona

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

*aXO* Affirmative. ::Mumbles under his breath before turning back to the crewmen:: ALL: I'm sorry to say the victim didn't survive.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: I'm trying to find it in the database, but it appears to be complex... a full analysis will take weeks.

 

ACTION: Crewman Bickers bursts out in a sob, turning and clutching at Crewman Senna who clutches him tight in her slender arms.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

SCI: We don't have weeks. ::Shakes head:: Let's ignore what the element is. What is this pulsating affecting?

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

Crewman Bickers: I know this is tough, but we need to get as much information as soon as possible. ::Pauses for a second, pondering something:: Crewman Bickers: How did you know her?

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: Oh I know. Bare with me ma'am, the telemetry is complicated... and I'm not entirely sure....

 

<Crewman_Senna>

::looks over at Gist, tears brimming her eyes:: TAC: We were on similar duty shifts. Se'tal had been working in Engineering with us...upgrading one of the astronomical sensors.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

AMB: Who's probe is it? Is it one of the missing ships'?

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

::allows Gist to do the talking while he moves to a computer and attempts to get anything about who was in this corridor anytime between 10 to 20 minutes ago::

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

Crewman Senna:Did she have any enemies you knew of?

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

SCI: Can you run a quick diagnostic on the sensor array before I attempt to slingshot around the sun sir?

 

<Crewman_Senna>

::shakes her head:: TAC: She was Vulcan, who could be enemies with a Vulcan?

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: looks over autopsy results and lifts an eyebrow :: *aXO* Sarissa to Baudin. I've got something in the autopsy you might want to hear.

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

*CMO*: Go ahead.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Shakes his head, then begins rapidly typing control codes to modulate the power distribution flow.::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::checking console readouts:: CO: It appears to be just a generic civilian type probe, there's nothing to identify it in the probe's database

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Looks at the screen with shock, sensing a trap.:: Self: We needa get outta here. CO/NAV: The star has been purposed as an interference engine. And it's interfering with main ship systems... like Navigation...

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

AMB: Is the probe signaling anything, or just trying to collect data?

 

ACTION: A small team arrives with scanning equipment and forensic kits for Ensign Gist.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

*aXO* The murder wasn't planned. The first few wounds look almost hesitant and randomly placed, like it was a surprise attack. I'm not qualified to speculate, but I don't think she was purposely targeted.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO/NAV: Sensor accuracy is dimished by a factor o' ten.

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

::Raises an eyebrow, and ponders the ludicricy of that statement. Starts to ask Bickers something but stops:: Crewman Senna: What's Bicker's connection with her?

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::checks console again:: CO: It's just collecting data.

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

::multitasking has never been hard, trying to pay attention to Gist, Sarissa, and accessing security:: *CMO*: So you think she might have stumbled onto someone.

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

CO: Captain I have compensated as much as I can, but I can only give 89% accuracy with the sensor array as it is

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

AMB: Do we have a probe we can send down there that can withstand the heat?

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

*aXO* That seems to be the most probable situation with the available information.

 

<Crewman_Senna>

TAC: We're the Delta shift Engineering squad, sir. We work together, with Se'tal and her sensors at the moment. At least, we were...

 

ACTION: Bickers shakes and sobs, he seems utterly distraught.

 

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

NAV: Alright, well just back us off from the sun as best as possible.

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

Crewman Senna: Seems a bit more then that with Bickers don't it? ::Backs away a bit from the sobbing man::

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

*CMO*: Any traces of skin, hair, something on her from a fight?

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

CO: Aye Captain maintaining full reverse thrust

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::checking the probe inventory:: CO: No, ma'am, we don't have anything that will withstand that kind of heat

 

ACTION: The Sentinel backs away from the sun to a safe distance.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

*aXO* There appears to be some sort of latinum or gold fragment in the deepest wound, but I can't tell for sure.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

AMB: We'll have to make something.

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

CO: We have reached safe distance captain, do I maintain in orbit or make a way around?

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

Self: ...something with metaphasic shielding....

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

NAV: Maintain orbit at this distance.

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

CO: Aye Captain

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Completes the adjustments on power distribution, looks over at Console #1. ::

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

::squints at the security readings. or rather, at the information, but he's looking at the feed.:: *CMO*: Latinum? How would that have gotten there...

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::nods at SCI:: SCI:

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

CO: navigational sensors are showing ionised warp trails

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

SCI: Do we have the materials available?

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

*aXO* Your guess is as good as mine. It might be from the weapon, it might be something else. I can't be sure.

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

CO: They have entered the system and turned towards helaspont nebula

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

CO: Captain they look andorian, acompanied by one starfleet

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

NAV: Ionised warp trails? ::Turns:: SCI: Is it possible we're picking up false signals? I'm not fond of traps

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

AMB: I've never let it stop me before....

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

*CMO*: Keep on it. No detail too small. I'll let you get back to your work.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: I think under the circumstances it is entirely possible.

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

CO: Yes Captain, Confirmed signals not ghosts according to nav sensors

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::grins at SCI::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

*aXO* I'll be sure to report anything else I find. Sarissa out.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: I'll do further analysis on the trails. Even if they're not ghosts they may be planted.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Mulls it over in her mind:: NAV: Alright, follow the trail. Warp 1.

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

Crewmen Senna: Wait a moment. aXO: Sir, nothing from the witnesses, anything on your end?

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

SCI: Keep looking into it.

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

*AMB*: Terell, if you have half of a moment to spare, scan the biosigns on this ship and compare to who we're supposed to have aboard. To follow up on a hunch.

 

<Crewman_Senna>

::nods to Gist, whispering soothing works to the snuffling Bickers::

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

CO: Aye :: Marks the course towards the warp trail and engages at Warp 1::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

aXO: Yessir.. ::begins scanning the ships biosigns..runs a comparative analysis::

 

ACTION: A couple of people glance sideways at Taev as he works.

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

::turns to Gist:: TAC: The doctor believes this may not have been a planned attack. Our Ensign may have run into the wrong person at the wrong time. Security feed does not show me anyone else there, so either we've an intruder aboard or someone we thought we could trust was doing something they should not have and was smart enough not to have their badge on.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Transitions power flows from Impulse to Warp Drive.  Starts cursing Bickers' name.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Sets the computer to do a full spectroscopic analysis of the ion trails and flag any discrepancies in the patterns, no matter how minor.::

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

TAC: I do not like either possibility.

 

ACTION: The Sentinel turns smoothly along the course of the trails and engages her drives, speeding away and entering low warp.

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

::gazes down the corridor:: TAC: But...we should get someone from engineering down here to see if anything has been tampered with. Panels accessed that should not have been. Power reroutes, rewirings. Unauthorized communications, anything that would warrent killing someone should someone see.

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

:: His pulse begins to race as he engages the warp drive, fearing that he has plotted the course that will land them in a fight yet again::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

AMB: Take us to yellow alert. Keep an eye on any communications out there.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Begins building up additional stores in the auxiliary power banks.::

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

CO: Captain we are coming up on to helaspont nebula

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

::Looks puzzled at the results, coming back all clear, the ion trails being exact matches.::

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

CO: the trail leads within, Do I persue?

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

aXO: Supposed to be a scanning detail coming, I can wait here for it, in the meantime you should probably search her room sir.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

CO: Yes Ma'am. ::punches up yellow alert on the console:: aXO: There's no signs of anyone except the crew on board

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

NAV: Take us out of warp and keep us outside the nebula. Let's give Lieutenant Hamlet a chance to look into things here.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Releases energy for shields.::

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::keeping an eye on communications::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

NAV: Careful. Although mapped, there are pockets of subspace instability in there.

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

CO: Aye Captain :: Brings the ship out of warp:: SCI: Well if you see a pocket before I do Hammy let me know

 

<aTAC_Crewman_Snape>

TAC: Sir, we're getting some odd readings. Right where the body was found, seems like some sort of surge of tachyons.

 

ACTION: The Sentinel drops out of warp outside the nebula, holding steady.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Gently transitions power out of the Warp Core, energizing Impulse drives.::

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

*AMB*: Acknowledged, thank you. ::shakes his head, frustrated at the very idea that one of their own could do this::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

NAV: Oh, I will.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Frowns, begins tapping keys quickly to initiate console diagnostics.::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

::Looks over:: SCI: See anything, Lieutennant?

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::nods at aXO, feeling equally uncomfortable at the thought of a murder suspect on board::

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: Nothing thus far. Its makes me uneasy.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: taps on desk and then realizes she's doing the tapping noise. :: Self: One of these days, I'll break that damned habit...

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: I feel as if we're being watched.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Continues to frown, Level 4 diagnostic clean.::  NAV:  Marcus, request you plot a short Warp hop.  We need to test our Drive.

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

::Bends down:: Self:tachyons ::Stands up:: Anyone:What do you make of it?

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

SCI: Based on anything in particular, or just how you feel?

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

CO: Permission to come a port and Warp hop for Engineering purposes ma'am?

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Starts a level 3 Diagnostic, then feels under the panel for his toolkit.::

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

NAV: Denied. With the pockets of subspace instability, it's not a good idea.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: No matter the inner serenity... I'm still a Klingon... just an..... intuition.

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

*ENG*: Captain says no, we are on the border of a nebula and cannot risk hitting the subspace instability

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

::strides over to the gang of Tacs:: TAC: Could be anything from cloaking to temporal distortion.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

AMB: Launch a probe into the nebula. Let's see what's in there.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

CO: Launching, ma'am.. ::brings up a probe on the console and presses the big shiny launch button::

 

ACTION: The probe flies straight and true, disappearing into the nebula before sending back some garbled telemetry data.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

*NAV* Marcus, something's not right with our drive.  It shut off before I completed closing the restriction valves.  If you need to scramble, don't forget our Impulse drive.

 

<AMB_Ens_Terell>

::tries to clear up and make sense of the data from the probe::

 

<NAV_Ens_Marcus>

*ENG*: Understood, but I  hope our full impulse will get us away fast enough in a tight spot! Marcus out

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Stands from Console #2, leaving Main Engineering.  *Computer* Notify me when Level 3 Diagnostics are complete.  *Bickers* Meet me in Astrometrics.

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: The probe indicates the fleet is about a light year in. They may have entered the nebula before they even knew it, being thrown of course by the gravitation of the star, and straight into an instability.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Sarissa>

:: tries to write a report, but finds that she just can't focus. Too much to think about ::

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

::Stares at Baudin for a moment then turns towards Snape. Snape: I want I wide scale search of the ship, get anyone you need for it.

 

<CO_Capt_Stradiot>

SCI: Probe picking anything else up?

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

:: Reaches Astrometrics and starts checking the sensor suite controls.::

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

aXO: Sir, if it's temporal I've not got the slightest idea how to deal with it.

 

<aTAC_Crewman_Snape>

::mutters something about that cutting into his brewing time before tapping his badge and ordering a standard sweep of the ship:: TAC: What're we searching for, Sir?

 

<TAC_Ens_Gist>

Crewman Snape: Anything.

 

<aXO_Lt_Baudin>

TAC: We need to start eliminating possibilities. Start with cloaking technology. We can handle that.

 

<ENG_Ens_Taev>

*Bickers*  BICKERS!!

 

<SCI_LtJG_Hamlet>

CO: Juts the missing twenty, all turned the way the went in, moving under conventional power.

 

<aTAC_Crewman_Snape>

::mutters again:: Self: Oh, 'anything', is that all? Oh look sir, there's a door. Oh look, a window. Oh look, a murderer. ::wanders off to find his search team::

 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Pause Mission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage