U.S.S. Atlantis - 11505.27, Mission #1046

"The Opening Shots"


 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: in the ready room as they warp along, reading the latest intel and reports on the war ::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Walking down the corridor to Sickbay reviewing reports::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: sitting at her console, monitoring operational status and incoming transmissions ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: on the Bridge, acting CO ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::In engineering; feeling rather invigorated and spry, so is gliding through, checking reports and keeping on top of any new maintenance issues cropping up.::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: at an auxiliary console on the bridge, looking over current reports from the front ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: still in sickbay, clad in a thick bathrobe instead of the godawful patient gown ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: frowns, the latest orders indicating that they have somewhere to be ::

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

 :: is in his quarters after a night of binging on NOT synthehol in Ten Forward er, Sickbay. And STAT!

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

 :: exits the Turbolift, lumbers down the hall to enter Sickbay, and tries to not be noticed as he prepares a saline solution with the vitamins he must have gotten smashed last night to feel a hypospray ::  

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Asks a Saurian officer in his native tongue if the deuterium is ready. The lizard man gives a toothy grin and nodding.::

 

ACTION>

Atlantis drops out of warp alongside the trading vessel. It slows to quarter impulse at our arrival.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: pulls alongside the trading ship ::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Sees Dr. Tav at the medication station and walks over:: CMO: Commander, are you alrght??

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Hail them.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: hails the trading vessel ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: muses on why traders are so stubborn ::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

Gebob>

:: appears on screen, a tiny man with red hair :: You the one wanting the torps?

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: recognizes his voice and raises an eyebrow at the screen ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Gebob: That would be me, yes. Admiral Blackthorne.

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: grunts in response to Slade and finishes prepping his anticocktail before answering :: MED: I will be. :: hopes Slade doesn't notice that he's a completely disheveled mess, but doubts he would be so lucky. His head pounding, he is ready to lie down on a biobed or something. He takes the cap off the IV with his teeth and jams it into his arm, feeling relief that could not possibly be arriving at his nervous system yet ::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

Gebob>

CO: Great. Let's get this done. Don't leave 'til I count the lot.

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: hangs the saline solution above an empty biobed in the far corner and rolls onto the bed ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: refrains from smirking :: *Gebob* Send transport coordinates and we will do the same.

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: thinks how much counting Gebob will have to do. It would certainly be a rather excessive amount. ::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

CMO: Sir, Let me help you I haven't seen anyone nursing a hangover since med school

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

Gebob>

:: turns and punches some buttons ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: nods to Wright to do the same ::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

CMO: I didn't even know they made IV catheters anymore

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: idly fidgets with the Thing on Her Head ::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

CMO: Did you replicate one?

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: rolls his head around and speaks louder than he meant :: MED: Yeah. It's fine.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: sends transport coordinates over ::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Watches the monitor screen go red, walks over to his console and checks the status:: *NAV*: Dr. Slade to Commander Harper

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: pulls her hand away from the Thing like it bit her at the sudden comm ::: *MED* Harper here.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Taps the comm:: *Bridge*: Engineering to Bridge: The deuterium is good to go. ::Refrains from expressing his opinion of this greedy trader:+

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

Gebob>

CO: Coordinates sent. :: crosses his arms :: I don't got all day.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: silently judges Gebob and his attitude ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

*ENG* Thank you, Lieutenant.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Begin transport.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

*NAV*: I assume you are fiddling with the monitor, if you want to be able to stay on limited duty ma'am you should leave it alone because messing with it makes the readings change and alarm. Food for thought Commander. Slade out

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

Initiating transport.  ::  initiates transport ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: rebuked ::

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: goes to cover his face with his uncathetered hand and hits a bit harder than he would have expected. Still a bit drunk, apparently. Now, he wonders what his BAC must have been last night ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: slightly embarrassed, slides deeper into her chair ::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Types through the computer looking for Ethanol poisoning cures, finds one and replicates it. Walks over to Tav's biobed with a tall glass of gray liquid::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: glances over at Kate, barely hiding her amusement ::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

Gebob>

:: begins transport of the torpedoes to the provided coordinates and checks his scanner, then squints at it again suspiciously ::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

CMO: Drink this sir, I have read it will cure what you have but don't ask what is in it and you have to drink all of it

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Swears about the trader in Klingon, when the comm closes; a few engineers in the know begin laugh shaking their head at each other.::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: starts running through Atlantis's systems, hoping no one overheard ::

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: totally overheard ::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

Gebob>

CO: Good. :: nods and smiles :: I think we're good. Pleasure doing business with you.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: looks to Wright to see if the count adds up ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

Self: Such a passionate if guttural language.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: looks to Wright as well ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: looks at the readout on her console one more time, then turns and nods at the Admiral ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: turns back to the screen :: *Gebob* Indeed we are. Perhaps next time remember that the Tzenkethi's terms would not be so... favorable.

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

Gebob>

CO: :: drops his smile :: What?

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Transitions into Mandarin interspersed by occasional referencing to Ferengi in Ferengi.::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: watches the exchange with interest ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*Gebob* If you think me so naive to not realize how exorbitant your price is, then you're mistaken. If we fail to defend against the Tzenkethi attack... well, you know the rest.

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: violently pulls his arm away from his face and waves his cathetered arm around a few times :: MED: Good God, this thing is awful. How did anyone ever actually use one of these on another person? Ugh. :: opens his eyes and squints at the gray liquid :: MED: Don't ask what that is?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: looks up as the tone changes ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Takes a deep breath, and gets back to work. Makes the rounds again, checking in with each subdepartment.::

 

<SEC_Lt_Kuari>

Gebob>

CO: :: coughs uncomfortably :: Well, you'd better defend your best, then. :: pauses and reaches for the viewscreen switch :: Thanks for trade.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*Gebob* *WE* will. Thank you, and Atlantis out.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

CMO: I am assuming that is why they are not used anymore and we have auto infuser. Also the hydration will help but not diminish the effect the ethanol has  done to your system this concoction is specifically for Ethanol poisoned joined Trill. Now drink!! :: Shoves the glass at him:: CMO Sir...

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Coordinate with Discovery and get them their share. We should be left with sixty-two torpedoes.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

aEng: Theres no chance the deuterium could ignite in away is there?

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

<aENG_Cdt_Rufus>

ENG: It shouldn't sir. It should be safe. Why?

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: defends as the fouls smelling stuff splashes on him, then takes it in his hand and takes another sniff. :: MED: What's in this? Stuff from a Klingon laundry basket? :: drinks it quickly before Slade has a chance to respond :: MED: :: shouting :: GLECH! Where the HELL did you get a recipe like that? Some bartender you are!

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

*Discovery*  Discovery, this is Atlantis.  We have acquired the torpedoes and are ready to transport a portion of them to you.  Please provide transport coordinates.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

aENG: On a serious note; just making sure. On a less serious but equally valid note, it would be karmic if his greed was his downfall.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

CMO: Oh and sir it is going to taste terrible, if I didn't mention that. :: Snickers at his reaction then shoves the hidden hypospray against his neck::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Discovery's Ops Officer, Lt. Rask>

*Wright* On their way.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

CMO:: It is going to make you nauseas, I figured you would want an anti-emetic

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

*Rask*  Coordinates received.  Are you reeady for transport?

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Rask>

*Wright* Beam away.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

*Rask*  Initiating transport.  :: taptaps to initiate transport ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: returns to reading through reports and questioning the sanity of a few of the report-writers. ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Rask>

*Wright* We have them. Standing by for orders.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

Self: I am going to keep an eye on that one..... ::Seriously gets back to work.:j

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: turns to Blackthorne ::  CO:  Discovery is standing by for orders, Sir.  The torpedoes have been transferred.

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: regurgitates the stuff in his mouth before pushing it back down... It tasted worse the second time, by the way :: MED: No, seriously. What the hell is in that stuff?

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: regurgitates and deglutes ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Prepare for quantum slipstream flight to rendezvous with the fleet at Mizar.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: starts plotting the slipstream solution upon hearing Mizar ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  Aye, Sir.  *Rask*  Prepare for quantum slipstream flight to rendezvous with the fleet at Mizar.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Walks to the med station and grabs the PADD that has the recipe and returns and hands it to Tav:: CMO: That is what is in it sir, I am sure the ingrideints will not make sense but the amounts and the way they were prepared makes it work. Or so I read!

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: feels like he is not going to keep it down much longer and starts rolling around on the Biobed :: MED: I think I was doing better before you came along.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Rask>

*Wright* Understood. Discovery out.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

CMO: The anti emetic will keep you from vomiting, but it will take about 10 minutes before it stops burning your somach

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

NAV: Plot a slipstream solution for Mizar.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Prepare the ship for slipstream flight.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CO: Already in progress, Admiral.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Notices power flowing towards the QSD.:: All: To your stations. Prepare for slipstream.::

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: experiences redglutition one more time ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

*ALL* All hands, prepare for slipstream.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

CMO: Might I suggest you stick to synthahol from now on commander

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: finds herself looking for hatches to batten down ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: braces for slipstream ::

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: stops writhing and stares at Slade with bloodshot eyes :: MED: You get the news I did yesterday and try dealing with it using synthehol.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Presses the button to lock the biobed restraint for slipstream and holds on to the side::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CO: Solution complete and ready.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

Self: Lets see if we can get power flow just a little bit smoother today.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Yellow alert, shields up and angled for slipstream.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: takes the ship to Yellow Alert ::

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: begins to feel a bit better physically... he guesses the poison Slade gave him must be working. He takes the PADD and begins reading :: MED: There's no reason this should work, medically speaking.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

CMO: I can relate to how you feel sir, My parents died slowly from a virus im immune to and I had to watch, but no amount of drinking would fix that.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

NAV: Engage slipstream in one minute.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CO: Aye sir, one minute countdown beginning... now.

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: thinks a moment :: MED: Vegemite. That's what I taste. Vegemite and Klingon dirty laundry.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

CMO: But physiologically with your anatomy and amount of ethanol it will help.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

All: Thirty seconds.

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: registers what Slade has just said and is brought to a strange sobriety, his eyes welling up ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CO: Engaging warp drive....

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

MED: I didn't know where to go or who to talk to last night. I left here, useless... and... :: sniffles ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: after Atlantis warps off :: Ten seconds.

 

ACTION>

The slipstream starts to form ahead of us, visible on screen.

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

MED: Useless and... Oh, Ensign. It's...

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

All: Slipstream entry in 3... 2.... 1... now.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Feels the ship jump:: CMO: Answer me this Commaner, if you had been there could you have stopped what happened??

 

ACTION>

Atlantis enters the slipstream, the transition smoother and smoother, and hurtles toward Mizar. Discovery follows along on a parallel course.

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: finally begins to get past that wonderful initial shock, and looks into the reality of his situation ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

CO: Slipstream flight achieved, all readings nominal.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Braces as the ships rumbles; it seems less, but that may be psychosomatic.::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: also feeling more and more nominal now that she is back at the helm ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Incredible machine.

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: convulses within the safety restraints and wails :: MED: They're GONE! They're GONE! :: screams loudly enough to be heard a couple decks away ::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

CMO: There is nothing you could have done, just like there was nothing I could have done. And now there is nothing that I can do to fix any of it, but time is continuing regardless of how much I want to go back

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: looks to Blackthorne, quietly :: CO: Indeed it is.

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

MED: They're... dead. :: suddenly quiet :: I'll never see them again. By the time I can get there... They'll be in the ground.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

CMO: They would want you to move on, and you cant move forward while looking behind you. Like my parents they are never gone, because each and everyday we fight and save as many lives as possible because that is what we do and we remember that we are the way we are because of them.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

CMO: You can see them anytime you want, just close your eyes :: Tears running down his face he places his hand on his bosses shoulder::

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: falls back on the biobed... and says to himself just above a whisper :: SELF: They're gone.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Whispers in response to Tav even though it wasn't a question:: CMO: But you are not, from now on you have to fight for your life and their memory. Otherwise what the hell did they die for?

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage