U.S.S. Bremen - 11403.05, Mission #3

"Elding"


Star Trek: Engage Transcript  

Directed by: Aoibhe Ni

 

Starring:

James Greenman as CO Captain Rhodri Griffiths

Brian Bailey as XO Lt. V'Lor

CJ Short as ENG Ensign Ilia sh'Torar

Andrew James as OPS Cadet Lora Inaji

and

Kyle Renaud as TAC Cadet Darloch

 

 

 

 

 

Mission Summary:

Last week, after the silver lady was discovered to be the focus of the energy drain, the Bremen crew attempted to limit her influence when Ensign sh'Tolar erected an energy dampening field around Sickbay. This weakened her, and forced her into a panic.

 

Only the quick thinking of Captain Griff, aided by Darloch, calmed her down before she had drained the ship of much of its power. Now, they are attempting to beam her onto a shuttle to return her to Kalandra 4.

 

<<<Resume Mission>>>

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::huffs heavily as she stumbles into the shuttle bay, a toolkit slung over her shoulder, and a small crate tucked under one arm::

 

XOLtVlor:

::looking over the screen about the search results she requested from the computer.::

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::rematerialises onboard the shuttle after an achingly long time, checking on their guest quickly with his tricorder:: Silver Lady: Are you okay?

 

Silver Lady:

CO: I am solid... ::tilts her head:: CO: This is okay. ::blinks her shiny eyes and looks around:: CO: I am safe here? ::doesn't understand what is happening exactly::

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::taps his comm badge:: *XO*: Griffiths to V'Lor. I'm onboard the shuttle with our guest, we'll be launching shortly. Work on getting those shield modifications back up and meet us at the planet with emergency supplies and a comms probe.

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::moves over to the shuttle, setting the crate down and trying to catch her breath:: CO: I found... found the thing...

COCmdrGriffiths:

::smiles reassuringly at her:: Silver Lady: You're going to be alright.

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

<ENG_Petrov>::jogs into the shuttle bay, carrying a small device and handing it to Ilia:: ENG: Here. They, uh... weren't happy to give it up.

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::ushers sh'Tolar inside:: ENG: What've you got for me?

 

GM_Aoibhe::looks at ENG and tilts her head again:: ENG: I greet you. ::tries for a smile, but it looks kinda of eerie::

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

Silver Lady: We're going to return you to your planet, get you set up there, then we're going to work with you to find a way for our people to work together safely. So that we can all be...solid.

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::nods and straightes up, taking the cortical stimulator:: Petrov: Thanks. I owe you one. ::picks up the crate and moves onto the shuttle:: CO: Sir, I think I can convert the shields to act as a lightning rod. I can hook her up to them, and she can feed off the ion storms instead of the shuttle.

 

XOLtVlor:

*CO* Understood.

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::lookes to the silver lady, unable to keep her eyes from wandering a little:: Silver Lady: Hello. ::smiles some::

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::grins over at her and gestures to some empty space:: ENG: That's what I like to hear, Ensign. Let's hope it doesn't blow us up at the same time.

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::takes out the adaptive interface link, and moves towards the shuttle's computer core:: CO: As with all things, Captain. ::grins, and takes off the panel::

 

XOLtVlor:

::She sends in orders for emergency supplies for the guest and the proble as requested to Operations as they handle this as she supervises as she heads back to the Bridge.::

 

SilverLady:

::stands watching ENG and CO talk. Says nothing::

 

XOLtVlor:

:;checks on the progess of Cadet Bleet as she works on getting the ship ready to go back into the Ion Storm::

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::lets sh'Tolar work and lightly guides the silver lady to one of the chairs:: SL: Once our friend here has finished modifying the shuttle, you should be able to...feed...directly from the storms outside.

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::wires in the AIL, then gets to work on the stimulator, prying off the casing and removing the power source; all she needs is the device's infrastructure::

 

SilverLady

CO: I have need to learn. Not just exist and be and feed... I wish to see new!

 

TacCdtDarloch:

:: arrives back on bridge as orderd heading to Tac to carry out orders to work on shields

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::looks up to the Silver Lady, then to the Captain, before getting back to work, attaching an ODN cable to the stimulator::

 

XOLtVlor:

*ENG* Ens. sh'Tolar, how long until we get our Communications up?

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::nods lightly:: SilverLady: Just as we do. Which is why we want to help, to bridge the gap between our two people. It is difficult when we can't even be in the same room without one or the other being caused great harm...

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::lightly taps her combadge:: *XO*: Days. The Comms system is pretty fried, sir.

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

SL: Think of this as the start of learning. Learning to work together, as friends, in peace.

 

XOLtVlor:

*CO* Captain, we will not be able to contact Starfleet or use the relay to communicate with the probe as you ordered.

 

SilverLady

CO: People? I have no people. I am me. Alone.

 

ACTION: Lights in the shuttle flicker a tiny bit.

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::glances around, and starts to work faster, attaching the stimulator to the AIL, and switching the unit on:: CO: That should do it, sir, but we won't know until we're outside the Bremen's shields. Also, uh... Well... ::frowns some::

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::watches her for a moment, a tingling of unsurity in his gut:: SL: We want to help you, to learn and grow. Your very presence hurts us, but we will find a way around that, a way for you to experience things outside of this system.

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::nods to sh'Tolar:: ENG: Take us out and into the storm, Ensign.

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::gets up and moves towards the piloit's seat, initializing launch sequence and requesting permission to do so::

 

SilverLady

::looks at CO with trust:: CO: I am new. I will learn. ::blinks:: CO: I do no wish pain.

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::looks back:: CO: Captain, um... A word?

 

TacCdtDarloch:

:: scans the storm and adjusts the shields to repell the charge of ions as they approch the ship may have to incorporate polorazing the hull plating to the appropriate charge

 

XOLtVlor:

::looks over at Nav_Cdt_James:: NAV: Follow the shuttle, Cdt. Be weary of those Ion Storms. ENG Cdt. Zon: Keep emergency teleporters ready to beam back our crew members.

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::gently pats the silver lady's shoulder to a spark of light and then walks over to the front of the shuttle to speak to sh'Tolar:: ENG: What is it, Ensign?

 

XOLtVlor:

TAC: Cdt. Darloch how are the shields holding up?

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

CO: Two things. I don't think we can get the shuttle to the surface of the planet. I can't make the same shield modifications to this shuttle that I did with the Bremen, and transporting throug the ion storms is a no go.

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::nods slowly:: ENG: Understandable. And the second?

 

TacCdtDarloch:

XO:: Shields are at 45% and holding but i wouldnt suggest staying in here for long

 

SilverLady

::steps away from the two officers and goes to examine a flashing console towards the rear of the shuttle::

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::looks back again:: CO: If this works, there's no reason she can't stay on the shuttle while we make similar modifications to the Bremen. ::monitors a small drop in power levels, and gets up, moving back towards the interface link:: We need to hook her up quickly before she disables the shuttle.

 

SilverLady

::rests a fingertip on it::

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::nods again:: ENG: I was thinking along the same lines. The closer we get to the planet, the less I like the idea of putting her there even for a moment. How quickly do you think we can make similar modifications to the Bremen?

 

XOLtVlor:

::nods at Darloch's comment:: TAC: Agreed. *CO* Captain, we won't be able to stay in the storm for long.

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::taps his comm badge:: *XO*: Understood, Lieutenant. Turn back as soon as it looks like the Bremen is in danger of losing her shields.

 

ACTION: Shuttle's power drops dramatically, lights dimming, consoles flashing, life-support whirring oddly.

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::widens her eyes as she notices the silver lady:: SilverLady: Oh, please don't! ::moves to grab the silver lady's arm, but thinks better of it::

 

XOLtVlor:

*CO* Captain, I have a theory on our guest. I believe that she is an energy being that used our teleport technology to materialize here in our plain of existence.

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::glances back at the Silver Lady urgently, then turns back to the console and quickly routes power away from the console she's near and back into primary systems::

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::grabs the cortical stimulator:: SilverLady: Here; I'm going to put this on you, and it should allow you to feed off the storms. Okay?

 

SilverLady

::jumps and looks at ENG, her hand coming off the console:: ENG: I cannot?

TacCdtDarloch:

:: scans to find distance of shuttle craft away from ship if in safty range trys to extend our shields around the shuttle if neccicary

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

*XO*: That's been pretty well established I think, Lieutenant. An honest accident that's given her physical form, but she seems friendly, which is why we're doing everything we can to facilitate communication.

 

SilverLady

ENG: What is it ::looks at stimulator curiously::

 

TacCdtDarloch:

XO:: if needed we should be able to extend our shields around the shuttle to help them conserve some power if needed

 

XOLtVlor:

TAC: Do it.

 

TacCdtDarloch:

XO:done

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::looks to the console:: SilverLady: Not right now, no; you seem to draw energy from our systems, and we kind of need those systems in order to live. This... ::indicates the stimulator:: is a device that should direct the energy from the storms outside straight into you, to feed you. At least, that's the plan.

TacCdtDarloch:

:: extending shields with my rotating charge to help repell the ion blasts

 

XOLtVlor:

*XO* Captain, we should beam her back into her actual form.

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

SilverLady: May I put this on you?

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::frowns slightly:: *XO*: I'll note your suggestion in my log, Lieutenant...

 

SilverLady

::nods once at ENG, watching her intently:: ENG: You are different.

 

TacCdtDarloch:

Helm:: please keep us close to the shuttle too far and we cant keep them shielded

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::glances to the Captain, then reflexively glances up, to where she knows her antennae are:: Silver Lady: Sorta. A lot of us are different. ::smiles some, and attaches the stimulator to the being's forehead:: Alright... I'm going to activate the link now. Ready?

TacCdtDarloch:

XO:; shields are down to 41% the longer we extend our shields puts us and the shuttle at risk

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::monitors their course through the Ion storms carefully, glancing back occasionally to watch their guest and sh'Tolar interact::

 

TacCdtDarloch:

:: trys to boost shield power from back up sub systems

 

SilverLady

ENG: I am different, too. ::seems pleased with that pronouncement:: ENG: I am... ready. ::clearly doesn't seem to understand what is going on::

 

XOLtVlor:

*CO with a sound of Curtness* Captain, we cannot maintain the shields around you both

 

ACTION: The Ion storm intensifies, tasking the Bremen's remaining shields to the limit.

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::smiles some, and looks to the link, hesitating a moment to recheck her calculations before turning it on::

 

TacCdtDarloch:

XO :: shields to 19% i cant hold em much longer its now or never

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::runs his fingers across the console:: *XO*: Take the Bremen back out, Lieutenant. Shield configuration Beta Four, 4 metres from the hull and set for an energy disperal pattern. I'm putting the safety of the shuttle in Ensign sh'Tolar's hands.

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::glances a touch worriedly back at the pair:: ENG: Let's hope this works.

 

TacCdtDarloch:

:: takes any remeining power from back up sources to keep shields up

 

XOLtVlor:

TAC: Take shields off the shuttle. NAV: Get us out of here.

 

TacCdtDarloch:

XO:: Done

 

TacCdtDarloch:

:: removes shields from shuttle

 

ACTION: NAV obeys and turns the Bremen away from the shuttle that contains the Captain and Ensign shTolar and the silver lady, like a tiny little pinata for the ion storm to burst.

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::bites her lip lightly, watching the link:: SilverLady: You should get a burst of energy soon. Hopefully.

 

SilverLadyENG: I am ready. ::smiles at the new word she has learnt::

XOLtVlor:

::does not like this.:: Self: Too Reckless. He's too reckless.

 

TacCdtDarloch:

:: states to self I got a bad feeling about this under my breath

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::pushes some extra power to the intertial dampeners:: *XO*: Keep a sensor lock on us. It's going to get a mite bumpy.

 

 

ACTION: The shuttle is buffeted as the Ion Storms all around rock it to and fro.

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::begins a sensor sweep for a better course, skirting as many of the Ion storms as he can to allow the SilverLady to draw power::

TacCdtDarloch:

:: dose everything to rebuild shield strength as high as possable in safty limits incase we have to go back in after the shuttle

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::moves to a nearby console to monitor the energy transfer:: Shuttle: Come on, baby; I know you can do this... ::tries to insulate the more important systems, leaving the shield array to channel the storms::

 

XOLtVlor:

*CO* Captain we cannot maintain a sensor lock on you and sh'Tolar throught the Ion Storm and we will lose all Communications with each other because of the Storm.

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::looks to the silver lady:: SilverLady: Are you feeling anything?

 

ACTION: tiny wisps of ionic energy start to be drawn towards the shuttle, dancing on the shields and worming their zappy way through the hull. Alarm bells start to sound as the wisps begin to direct themselves towards the SilverLady.

 

SilverLady

::smiles happily at ENG:: ENG: Yes...

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::glances around:: ENG: Is this a good sign?

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::scrambles around, turning off the alarms she feels they can afford to ignore, and working to address the ones they can't:: CO: Um... sure, let's go with that.

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::smiles slowly:: ENG: I'm bringing us back around. Keep an eye on the energy...thing. ::gestures at the device and their guest::

 

ACTION: Shields glow brightly around the shuttle as the hull starts to crackle gently. The Silver Lady is smiling gleefully, glowing a little.

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::nods some, her eyes on the Silver Lady:: CO: Yes, sir...

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

*XO*: Shuttle to Bremen. The device works, our guest is drawing energy from the storms through the shield system. I'm taking us out into lesser storms.

 

 

ACTION: A great swathe of energy comes roiling and tumbling right for the shuttle, crashing into its starboard side and sending it careening off course, and towards Kalandra 4.

 

ACTION: CO's Transmission to the Bremen does not make it through

 

TacCdtDarloch:

:: checks shield stattus

COCmdrGriffiths:

::grits his teeth, fighting to hold his seat as he hurriedly resets the impulse gyroscope and bring thrusters back around:: ENG: We got hit! Helm is not responding!

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::gets thrown against a console as the inertial dampers react too slowly, and crumples to the floor, holding her jaw and kicking her feet slightly in pain:: Self: Damn it all to... owowowow!

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::fights the shuttle tooth and nail, resetting systems and forcing power into them beyond tolerance to regain control::

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

ENG: We're locked in the planet's gravity! Launching the distress buoy! ::hits the button for it then tries to level the shuttle out for descent::

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::struggles to her feet, and climbs into one of the pilot seats, working to the Captain to try and save the shuttle, but getting the sense that they have no real chance:: CO: Captain... we need to prepare for a landing. And a hard one. ::frowns and shakes her head, disappointed in herself:: I'm sorry, sir.

 

XOLtVlor:

::Hands in front of her with her fingers under her chin:: TAC: How are the shields?

 

SilverLady

::stays to the back of the shuttle, completely absorbed in the flow of energy she is receiving from the storms around them::

TacCdtDarloch:

XO:: pulling every available source to build em back up will get % asap

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::laughs quietly amidst the chaos, grinning:: ENG: Just hope we live long enough for me to write up a report! ::

 

XOLtVlor:

ENG: Cdt Zon, do you have the Captain and Engineer Sh'Tolar still locked?

 

ENGEnsshTolar:

::redirects power to the shuttle's deflector array, preparing for atmospheric entry::

 

COCmdrGriffiths:

::manually fires the thrusts to keep them as level as possible, searching out the most enclosed spot he can find to put them down. Or crash them down.::

 

TacCdtDarloch:

XO:: if i shut down all non essencial systems we will have 40%

 

TacCdtDarloch:

:: shutting down all non essencial systems to get shields back up

XOLtVlor:

TAC: Do it.

 

TacCdtDarloch:

XO:: we better make this quick

 

SilverLady

<aOPS_Zon> XO: No sir! Their position is being masked by the storms!

 

XOLtVlor:

NAV: Get us in range for the Shuttle. *ENG* Start Searching for their patterns right away and beam those two onboard right away.

 

SCENE: The surface of KLalandra 4 appears to be pitted and wind-swept. No major valleys of mountains to contend with, but that won't much help as the shuttle is forced to battle through howling winds on the descent.

 

TacCdtDarloch:

:: doing everything to keep shields up for as long as possable

 

 

Host GM_Aoibhe says:

<<<<Pause Mission>>>>

 

 

 

Copyright 2014 Star Trek: Engage


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage