U.S.S. Atlantis - 11505.20, Mission #1045

"The Opening Shots"


 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

BEGIN SMI

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: turns Atlantis hard toward the ramming cruiser :: TAC: Target that ship's engines and fire!

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: in sickbay, wondering how the battle is going from her bed ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: monitoring the status of the friendly Tzenkethi ship and wondering what caused the division amongst the Tzenkethi ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Still directing repair crews in engineering, whilst keeping on top of power management and any unwanted fluctuations.::

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

CO: Yes Sir.  ::targets the enemy ship's engines and fires a couple quantums::

 

ACTION>

 The friendly ship attempts evasive maneuvers as we slam fire into the hostile one's engines.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: watches the main viewer from her off-center seat, waiting ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: looks up at the viewer :: Damn that thing can take some punishment!

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

*CO* Engineering to bridge.  I'm monitoring the situation down here, and I can officially say our tractor circuits are patched, reinforced and good to go.  If you want to give that ship out there a lift out of harm's way.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

TAC: Again.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: micro-managing inertial dampeners to smooth out the ride ::

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

CO: Aye.  ::repeats his previous actions::  CO: Down to 10 Quantums.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: her left eyelid starts to droop as a headache suddenly comes on, rapidly increasing in severity :: Ahhhh.. AH!  :: swears loudly in German ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*CEO* Understood!

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Hears the sound of german swearing from the other room:: CMO: Sir, Something is wrong with!

 

ACTION>

The quantum torpedos strike, disabling the engines of the enemy ship. Isaac Newton is still the deadliest son of a bitch in space, though, and inertia keeps it moving foward. Thankfully, it can no longer steer and is easy to dodge. However....

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: falls back in his seat, exhausted from this personal conversation. He rarely discusses anything concerning his family or personal life with any of the crew. Hearing Harper, he's almost relieved to hear someone out there needs helped. He sinks to his chair :: MED: Dismissed, Doctor.

 

ACTION>

Once its engines die, the enemy ship denotates its warp core, sending a blast and shockwave that cause much shaking on both friendly hips.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Runs from the room to Harper's side, Scanning with the tricorder as soon as he gets to her:: Commander Harper can you hear me???

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Braces as the ship rumbles.:: Self: ...They are such poor sports it appears.

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: sitting in his office, hard against the back of his chair, staring at the blank viewscreen on the wall on the other side of his desk. It's all so new that the shock hasn't even properly set in. He listens absentmindedly into Sickbay, in case he should be needed. He notes the shaking but doesn't really respond. ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Mein kopf! :: holding her head ::

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: really dislikes when the ship shakes. It puts everything out of balance and it makes that one picture in her quarters fall over without fail, every time ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: holds on to the helm as we're tossed about ::

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: grips the tactical console, bracing himself ::

 

ACTION>

Yeah, Atlantis shakes pretty hard as the shockwave rolls over.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: falls out of the biobed ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: grips her chair tightly, barely hanging on as the sudden shockwave catches the ship off guard ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: tried her best on that one, but couldn't compensate for the shockwave in time ::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Falls over side table while reaching for hypospray:: Nurse: I need some help getting Cdr Harper back on the Biobed

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: The deckplates are rather comfortable, it seems. ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: runs a quick status check on the helm :: Bridge: Everyone OK?

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

CO: Affirmative.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: looks around  ::  CO:  Appears so, Sir.

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

:: Curses softly at his console, doing a quick damage assessment once he's satisfied he can let go of his chair. ::  Junction J-15 blew again.  Must think I'm ignoring it on purpose.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

::Grabbing a hypo spray and assisting the nurse in getting harper back on the biobed closes the restraints on the biobed:: NAV: Commander you have thrown a small clot and it is causing you to experience stroke like symptoms. I am going to give you some anticoagulant to break the clot you should feel relief quite quickly

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

CO: Indeed. :: somewhat breathlessly ::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Places hypospray on harpers neck and injects::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: replies angrily in Russian :: Matyeryebyets!

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

CEO: Its always good to have a favourite.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

CO: I believe that the enemy cruise truly did not appreciate us. :: wonders how it could blow up that big ::

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

ENG: Yeah, I'm getting good at that one.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

NAV: I dont know any russian commander

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

IT BLOODY HURTS.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: :: lets out a breath :: Damage report.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

NAV: You should feel the pressure releasing now :: Scanning the brain of Harper as the clot breaks up::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Looks around:: CEO: Everything else seems to be in order though.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

TAC: Is the friendly ship still there?

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

:: Nods, having come to much the same conclusions. ::  Yeah, looks like everything pretty much held.  And here I was worrying we'd get caught with our pants down.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

CO: Damage reports coming in, stand by.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

AH.. ARGH. ahhh. ah. Yes, that is an improvement.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

NAV: Now you see why I wanted to keep you here ma'am

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

CEO: The teams all followed their assigned task. That kept 'em ahead of any problems.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

MED: Yes... wise, thank you.

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

:: looks at his tactical sensors::  CO: Yes Sir, damaged but alive.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

CO: No major systems damaged by the shockwave.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

NAV: Try to rest here, I cannot give you a sedative yet but I am sure you will want to sleep after that ordeal

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: returns to console and continues monitoring the friendly ship ::

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: looks up from her arm console :: CO: It was uncomfortable, but we're fine.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

CEO: I wonder if our new Tzenkethi friends require any assistance.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  Shall I hail them, Sir?

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Yes, let's see how they fared.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: hails the friently Tzenkethi ship ::

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

ENG: If they do, Admiral Blackthorne won't be shy about offering out services.  I suspect you know that as well as I do by now.

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: friendly* ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

MED: I think I bruised my butt when I fell. :: frowns ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: shifts about uncomfortably ::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

NAV: Well I can give you some analgesic :: Presses the hypospray to her jugular and injects::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Tzarth>

:: appears on the viewer, a light haze of smoke on his bridge :: Admiral.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

CEO: I shall prepare some kits, in anticipation.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*Tzarth* Captain. How did you fare in the battle?

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

NAV: I will be back in a moment Nurse: Keep an eye on her for a moment please :: Walks accross sickbay to CMO office::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: sighs dejectedly ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: but thankful her head is down to a dull ache ::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

CMO: Commander Harper threw a clot sir, I was able to bust the embolism before it cause permanent damage

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Starts preparing a number of away team repair kits.::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*Tzarth* Damaged, but functional. We owe you our thanks, Admiral.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Tzarth>

:: also said the above line :: We had our doubts that you would actually assist us.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*Tzarth* Your appeal seemed genuine. And you are welcome.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: watches the conversation with interest, analyzing Tzarth's behavioral patterns against a database of known Tzenkethi behaviors. This will make an excellent lesson for Taril about other cultures. ::

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: keeps an eye on continued damage reports and makes sure they're being assigned to personnel in acceptable order of importance ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Tzarth>

*Atlantis* Now we must discuss your terms. We ask to be allowed to leave for Tzenkethi space to meet up with the other loyalists. In return, you will have our assistance in the ultimate battle of this war that we both know will happen.

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

MED: Not fun, but not completely unexpected after such surgery. Nicely done. :: shifts his gaze from Slade around the room, realizing he is doing little good here. :: MED: How is she doing now?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: now under restraint, she wiggles in the bed to find a spot on the not-bruised parts and would really like the use of her arms ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*Tzarth* You can promise aid in the fight? More ships than just your own?

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: looks up at Tzarth on the screen ::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

CMO: She is stable and resting, and if I may sir, you should get some rest as well sir, you have just gotten some hard news maybe a visit to the counselor before you make your travel arraingments

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

Nurse>

NAV: Oh im sorry commander here :: Realeases bio bed restraints::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

:: watching the conversation unfold with one eye and ear and paying attention to other communications coming in with the other ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Tzarth>

The loyalist faction is significant and growing, though still outnumbered. You have proven yourself to be trustworthy, and we will repay that trust in kind if you release us.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Nurse: Thank you. :: now able to pull herself to a more comfy arrangement ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Tzarth>

You will have the entire faction at that battle. It determines the fate of our species.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: senses no deception from him, not even a little bit :: *Tzarth* Very well, you may go. Get back home safely and do your work.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: fully opens her left eye ::

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: looks back to Slade after a long pause :: MED: Thank you, Doctor. I think I will go relax a bit. Thank you. :: stands and walks around the desk, his mind clearing for a moment :: MED: Are you sure you've got this?

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

Tzarth>

*Atlantis* Thank you, Admiral. Your trust in us will not go unrewarded. We will see you again on the battlefield.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: rather grateful for the opportunity to have some allies in this little kerfuffle with the Tzenkethi. Even if they are more Tzenkethi. ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*Tzarth* Until then. Atlantis out.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: notes Blackthorne's ease with Tzarth and makes eye contact ::

 

<CSO_Lt_Wright>

CO:  Sir, Discovery also reports in fine with minimal damage.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: nods assuringly at her, and once the comm goes dark, speaks :: XO: He's telling the truth.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

CMO: Absolutly commander, Myself and Dr. Perron Nurse Nightengale and the staff will keep it under control. You are no good to anyone in your current state sir

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

CSO: Good, that blast could have been worse.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Nurse: My PADD fell, would you mind?

 

ACTION>

The Tzenkethi ship warps away.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

Nurse>

NAV: Of course :: Reaches down and grabs the PADD and hands it to Harper::

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: puts his hand on Slade's shoulder and nods :: MED: I guess you're right. Sickbay is yours, Doctor. Treat her well. :: looks around Sickbay, wishing he could go back in time to before he got the news regarding his family ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

Nurse: Thank you. :: brings up the ship's status out of habit ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

:: makes a few quick orbital corrections, then locks the helm and heads back to the center seat ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*CEO* Blackthorne to Quinn.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Pats his CMO on the back as he exits and continues to check sickbay before returning to Harper:

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

:: Leaning against his console, hover tool box bot at his side, having been awaiting this call to determine if he's bound for a jeffires tube or a transporter room.  But he still gives it a second to answer the comm.  Can't make it too obvious he was taking an idle moment, after all.  Unprofessional.  ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

::Is slightly disappointed he wont get the chance to have a look at Tzenkethi systems.:j

<CEO_LtQuinn>

*CO* This is Quinn.  Go ahead, sir.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*CEO* How are we looking, Chief?

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: wonders if now would be a good time to go and fix that annoying fragile picture in her quarters. It'll probably have broken. Again. Really, that thing needed a stronger frame ::

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

*CO* Surprisingly, not too much different from how we looked before the battle, sir.  I estimate we shouldn't have to add more than a half hour onto our earlier estimates for time to final repair.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: sees that the ship's situation has stabilized on the PADD ::

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: watches Slade go about Sickbay, tending to the patients, and all the doctors and nurses doing their duties, before slowly, silently walking to the corridor and leaving. He heads for the Turbolift and decides to go to Ten Forward for a drink... a REAL drink. ::

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*CEO* It does help when you outnumber the enemy, eh? The last one though was quite the fighter.

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

NAV: How are you feeling Commander?

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

*CO* Not the first time I've been glad I wasn't sitting through one of those slug outs in one of the old Excelsiors my dad loves so much, that's for sure.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

MED: Mmmm... mostly better, thank you. The headache, it is down to a dull throb.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

*CEO* They could take a beating as well. I'll let you get back to work, Chief.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

NAV: It will subside soon, try to rest. I suggest you also should give the PADD a rest. Straining your eyes at them moment will not help the pain go away

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

CEO: How long do we have to make repairs?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

MED: I must do something to stave off boredom.

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: exits the Turbolift on Deck Ten and walks to the front of the ship. He doesn't really feel his footsteps and seems to glide into the lounge, though, if you saw him going by you might refer to his "gliding" as "plodding", his heavy footsteps carrying him to a table in the corner, away from everyone. ::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

NAV: Hmm have you tried sleeping?

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

CEO: Also Excelsior classes were... nay... are immaculate.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

MED: I tried that last night. It took much longer than usual to get to sleep. Also, your wall clock is too bright. Have you ever tried to sleep in here?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

MED: I tried that last night. It took much longer than usual to get to sleep. Also, your wall clock is too bright. Have you ever tried to sleep in here?

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

TAC: You said we have ten quantum torpedoes left?

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

TAC: You said we have ten quantum torpedoes left?

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: looks up from her console to TAC ::

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

:: Shoots Ilaihr a half smile and a shake of the head. ::  They're beautiful ships, don't get me wrong.  And I can't fault a design that's been in use for more than a century.  But giving something a new engine doesn't erase the wear.  Gotta let it rest some time.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Looks at the wall clock and laughs softly:: NAV: As a matter of fact I have, This should help :: Walks to the wall and turns off the wall clock::

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

ENG: And our timetable remains unchanged.  Three hours, give or take.

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

CO: Yes Sir.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

CEO: Plenty of time then.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

MED: It is not just the clock, but that will help, thank you. It is... the feel of the place.

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

NAV: If you awake and want to know the time and date just ask the computer, do you need any blankets or a pillow? Can I make you more comfortable?

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

CEO: In my youth I was adamant I would command one, one day. I still would if I was handed the reigns.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

TAC: That won't do. We need another resupply.

 

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

CO: Agreed.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

CEO: I would give her the finest shake down and make her better than new.

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

XO: Find the closest way, be it colonial supply cache or shady Orion traders.

 

<SCI_LtJG_TLira>

:: lifts eyebrow at "shady Orion traders". ::

<XO_Cdr_TKirr>

:: doesn't nod, doesn't have to, but simply begins working on it ::

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

MED: Perhaps, but you would need a hot tub at this point. Can I at least go take a shower?

 

<TAC_Cadet_Randen>

CO: I agree as well.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

NAV: The sonic showers would be possibly to intense at the moment

 

<CEO_LtQuinn>

ENG: We've certainly had them doing tricks that Hikaru Sulu could only dream of.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: stares at him :: MED: Doctor. I need to be clean. Water.

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Thinks for a moment:: NAV: Let me see what I can do

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

MED: Thank you.  :: could also do with some chocolate and a bottle of wine, but is not pushing her luck ::

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

CEO: You weren't there in the day. The stories now don't do them justice. They could do anything those cowboys. ::Smile, reminiscing.:: But I suppose you're right, technology today is vastly superior.

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

CEO: I still think it should be a measure of pride to remake some of the oldies with today's modern amenities.

 

<CMO_Dr_Tav>

:: walks over to the bar and orders the strongest drink he can get with real alcohol. He doesn't want to be able to shake this stuff off any time soon. ::

 

<MED_Ens_DrSlade>

:: Makes multiple modifications on the MED console and inputs a holo program of a large claw foot bath tub with warm water soap and rose petals and engages the hologram next to Harper:: NAV: I hope this meets your specifications, Nurse Umbridge will assist you if you need

 

<ENG_LtJG_Ilaihr>

CEO: Imagine an Excelsior with an actual working transwarp... or a QSD in it's place.

 

<NAV_Cdr_Harper>

:: eyebrows go up :: Damn, doc.

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM

 

<VAdmBlackthorne>

PAUSE SIM


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage