U.S.S. Bremen - 11504.30, Mission #53

"The Right to Fight"


USS Bremen - Stardate 11504.30 - Mission # 53


<GD_Aoibhe>

The Right to Fight, Part 8.

<GD_Aoibhe>

Summary: So, the Bremen is stuck deep in Tzenkethi space, still, with 4 Tzenkethi on board, more on their tail in sub-light fighters, and a badly warped (get it?) nacelle...

 The Autarch is proving to be about as haughty as expected, and the bridge is roasting and humid to match her environmental tastes. On top of it all, the crew are getting naked.

 So, a normal day on the Bremen, then.



 <GD_Aoibhe>

<<<Resume Mission>>>



<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Is standing at Tac, her jacket hanging on the corner of the station::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::steps out of her ready room in a new, blank tank top, hands on her hips, her expression somewhat grim as she makes her way to the command circle::

 

<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Takes a gulp of water from the bottle stored on the floor by her console::

 

<Autarch>

::observes as the Federation crew lose the run of themselves in the pleasant, balmy warmth of the bridge::

 

ACTION: The viewscreen shows the moon directly ahead.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::looks around the bridge, wondering if the news would hit them as hard as it hit her:: All: Attention.

 

<Autarch>

<Tzenkethi_Male>

::stands up and moves quietly across sickbay, staring at the MACO who was still pacing back and forth::

 

<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::stands from her station at attention::

 

<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Looks over at Sumner, standing to attention at the order::

 

<Autarch>

<aNAV_Bleet>

CO: Moon directly ahead! ::hears CO and shuts up::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Tomesu>

::glances up from this inventory taking to notice the Tzenkethi::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::takes a deep breath:: All: I've just read the latest reports. The Tzenkethi have taken Sigma Rho, and now have a foothold in Federation space. The fleet has fallen back to Kobliad.

 

<Autarch>

<Tzenkethi_Male>

CMO: He must leave.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Tomesu>

::interrupts his inventory::  Tzenkethi Male: Pardon me?

 

<Autarch>

<Tzenkethi_Male>

CMO: He... must... leeeeave. ::enunciates each word slowly:: CMO: He serves no purpose.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Tomesu>

::returns to his inventory::  Tzenkethi Male: Yet.

 

<Autarch>

<Tzenkethi_Male>

CMO: He is a threat to the gloried offspring. His weapon is an act of aggression. It will be matched.

 

<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

CO: Losses?

 

<CMO_LtJG_Tomesu>

::frowns and puts down his PADD on the biobed::  Tzenkethi Male: He is here as a precaution in case we are boarded and your Autarch is in danger.  While I am more than confident that you are able to protect her, I'm sure you agree that any help would make the job at least a little easier.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::frowns:: aCTO: Heavy. ::looks around:: All: We can't afford to lose any more time. The sooner we get the Autarch to her people, the sooner this is over. ::turns to Mor:: OPS: Ensign, have Engineering hook up our fastest auxilliary craft to the damaged nacelle; it will serve as a surrogate. It's not ideal, but we don't have time for ideal.

 

<Autarch>

<Tzenkethi_Male>

CMO: The gloried offspring must be protected from all threats. The Autarch is supremely important, but even she would sacrifice herself for her kin. ::moves towards the MACO::

 

<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Nods, and puts double effort into trying to build up shields and weapons::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Tomesu>

Tzenkethi Male: Of course, but even you can see how necessary she is to stop this war.  Surely it is better to have her alive and allow your people to benefit from her expertise as the ruler of your people.  And that's why he is here.  Purely to help.  I assure you, he is no threat.

 

<Ops_Ens_Mor>

CO: Will do Captain. The most able vessel we have is the NCC-12428\3 sir...The fast transport shuttle Jim John sir.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Tomesu>

::quietly:: *CO*: Sickbay to Sumner



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::nods and sits back at her console:: CO: We'll have time for that while we orbit the moon. Still picking up the fighters on the edge of the long range.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::nods to Mor, then turns and steps towards the Autarch:: Autarch: Madam Autarch, it may become necessary to have some of your people meet us half way. Is there any way you can contact them? ::frowns at the combadge chirp:: *CMO*: Go ahead, Doctor.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Tomesu>

*CO* We may have a problem down here sir.  It might be useful for you and the Autarch to return to sickbay as soon as possible.

 

<Autarch>

::goes to speak but sees the CO suddenly step aside.:: CO: Insolence!

 

ACTION: The Tzenkethi male leaps at the MACO with jaws wide and talons raised

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::raises her hand to the Autarch:: *CMO*: Can you elaborate?

 

<Autarch>

::knocks CO easily to one side with her strong hand::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Tomesu>

*CO*: Um. How about a "fracas" in sickbay between one of her guards and our marines? ::dives out of the way::

 

<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Stands immediately at Sumner being struck, and makes her way into the command circle to defend her Captain::

 

ACTION: The MACO yells, firing off a series of shots, trying to aim directly at his mad attacker but missing

 

<CMO_LtJG_Tomesu>

MACO: Hold your fire!

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::grunts as she's pushed into the bulkhead, batting down her frustration:: aCTO: Stand down! It's fine... ::looks to the Autarch:: Autarch: Tell your guard to stand down and I'll remove the MACO.

 

<Autarch>

<Tzenkethi_Male>

::bites down on MACO's shoulders, shaking and ripping into his flesh::

 

<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Gives a short nod, and steps back, but keeps a defensive edge::

 

<Autarch>

CO: My guard would not act without provocation. HE is well trained. ::eyes aCTO with derision::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

Autarch: Then we fucked up, and I apologize. ::stares daggers:: But we need to diffuse this situation. Now.

 

<Autarch>

<MACO>

::continues to fire in panic and pain::

 

<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Gives the Autarch an arched smile, before returning to her station::

 

ACTION: One of the phaser blasts hits CMO in the stomach

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::looks to Mor::  OPS: Beam us to Sickbay!

 

<CMO_LtJG_Tomesu>

*Security*: Security to sickb-ah! ::falls to the floor::

 

<Ops_Ens_Mor>

::Initiates emergency site to site::

 

ACTION: CO and Autarch are beamed to Sickbay

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::looks around quickly, cursing to herself as she sees the Doctor; she steps to him, grabbing a nearby tricorder and starting to scan::

 

<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Sends a security team to sickbay, insisting no MACOs join the frey::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

Autarch: Any time, now! ::puts pressure on the wound:: CMO: Sorry about this, Doctor; not my finest diplomatic hour.

 

<Autarch>

::watches her guard chew on the MACO with calm eyes::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::eyes the Autarch, livid:: *OPS*: Mor!

 

<CMO_LtJG_Tomesu>

::groans in acknowledgement to Sumner::

 

<Autarch>

::waves her guard off the now still body of the pacing MACO:: Male: That will suffice. Your service is noted and will be rewarded.

 

<Autarch>

<ENG_Mac>

*Bridge*: Er... Engineering to Bridge... we're ready to start attaching the Jim John to the nacelle... Commander Adalberto is continuing his repairs along the nacelle super structure. We hope to get that complete in a day or two regardless of the Jim John's outcome...

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

*OPS*: I want every Tzenkethi on this ship beamed to cargo bay 1, then seal it with forcefields! Raise the temperature and humidity for them once they're settled.

 

<Ops_Ens_Mor>

::Immediately gets a transporter fix on them. Beaming them without warning to the cargo bay, one or two being beamed upon unsteady storage barrels::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::looks to the rest of the medical staff:: MEDs: Fix him up! ::moves over to the MACO, looking for lifesigns::

 

<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::On hearing the COs orders, also increases the security teams in the areas of the cargo bays::

 

ACTION: All Tzenkethi are beamed to the cargo bay. A series of bangs and crashes are heard as two of the unfortunate group tumble from a height.

 

<Ops_Ens_Mor>

Bridge: About bloody time we saw those insufferable arseholes to a more suitable...habitat..Speaking of environmental controls in that section is experiencing a small power flux...It may take a minute or 10 to bring temps up in there

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::sighs in frustration and tosses the tricorder away, running her hands over her face and taking a moment before tapping her combadge:: *aCTO*: Sumner to Jameson.

 

<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

OPS: Don't mess about, make sure the environment is suitable as soon as possible.  ::Raises an eyebrow at Mor::

 

<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Taps her badge:: *CO*: Jameson here

 

<Ops_Ens_Mor>

CTO: Aye Commander...It may take a minute or three then

 

<Autarch>

::snarls and yells at the ceiling, demanding she be treated with respect. Throws herself at the heavily-sealed doors, the boom echoing down the corridor::

 

<Autarch>

<ENG_Mac>

*CSO*: Bridge, respond?

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::Takes a few deep breaths:: *aCTO*: Have a security team deliver a portable comm unit to the Autarch, and have her contact her people to pick her up. We're done being her taxi. ::swallows hard:: And keep the MACOs away from the cargo bay.

 

<Autarch>

<Med_Lynch>

::runs over to CMO:: CMO: I gotcha...

 

<CMO_LtJG_Tomesu>

Lynch: Gnngh....erggh.....

 

<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Pulls a wry face:: *CO*: I've already assigned security teams, with the orders to keep the MACOs away from the cargo bay.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

*Mac*: Sorry, things got...hectic on the bridge for a moment. What do you need?

 

<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Taps some panels to send a message to a team leader regarding the comm unit::  *CO*: And I've also ordered one of the teams to pass on your message to the Autarch

 

<Autarch>

<Med_Lynch>

CMO: Yeas, yea, boss, sing a new song, would ‘ya? ::rips CMO's burnt uniform away from the wound and applies a compress:: ALL: Stretcher here!

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::sits next to the dead MACO:: *aCTO*: Have Major Deiter meet me in Sickbay.

 

<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

*CO* Of course Captain

 

<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Also contacts Deiter to have him meet the Captain::

 

<Autarch>

<ENG_Mac>

*CSO*: Oh, nothin', just updating you guys while Commander Adalberto does some... welding, you know, in his vest. ::coughs::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::looks to a passing MED:: MED: Let's get him up on a bed, and get a sheet over him. ::Gets to her feet, moving over to the replicator:: *Computer*: Uniform jacket, size small.

 

<Autarch>

<MED_Lynch>

::gets CMO lifted onto a biobed and pumps him full of pain meds:: CMO: You still with me, sir?

 

<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

*ENG*: That's...nice for him? At least he doesn't have to worry about the heat around the Tzenkethi.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Tomesu>

::writhes in pain but starts to feel the meds kick in::  Lynch: Just.....about....

 

<Autarch>

<MED_Lynch>

CMO: Good... I've never had to do this without supervision... ::pauses:: CMO: ...joking.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Tomesu>

Lynch:....funny.......no, really......

 

<Autarch>

<MED_Klinch>

CO: Yessir...

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::pulls the jacket from the replicator, slipping it on, moving the combadge from her shirt::

 

<Autarch>

<ENG_Mac>

*CSO*: Yea.. We heard it was very hot on the bridge, ma'am... very... hot ::the sound of someone snorting in the background is just about audible::

 

<Autarch>

<MED_Lynch>

CMO: So, you want a scar to impress all the junior officers, sir? ::gets out the dermal regenerator::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::wipes her brow:: *Computer*: Oh, Computer. Return environmental levels in Sickbay and on the Bridge to default levels.

 

<CMO_LtJG_Tomesu>

Lynch: You.....want.....demoted?

 

<Autarch>

<MED_Lynch>

CMO: Smooth stomach it is. ::smiles and gets to work:: CMO: I'll give you a serious six pack if it means a promotion. ::chuckles and gets to work::

 

<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

*ENG*: Well, the next time we have the heat turned up, we'll be sure to invite you up if you're so upset you missed the show.

 

<Autarch>

<Computer>

::beeps acknowledgement of CO's order::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Tomesu>

Lynch: Can't.....improve........perfection.....

 

ACTION: Temperatures shipwide return to normal, except for the cargo bay.

 

<Autarch>

<ENG_Mac>

*CSO*: Thank you, ma'am! ::pauses:: OK, we're ready to run a test on the Jim John now... who names these ships anyway, sheesh...?

 

<Autarch>

<MED_Lynch>

CMO: No sir, no you can't... ::

 

<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

*ENG*: Not my call, that's for sure. Light it up, make sure nothing else explodes around here whether it's nacelles or tempers or...anything else.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::helps another MED pull the sheet over the deceased MACO, taking a moment to remember the man's face; she would have to get a name later::

 

<Autarch>

<ENG_Mac>

*CSO*: Hold on to your antenna! ::runs a series of test burns before slaving the ship to the conn::

 

<aCTO_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Keeps monitoring the inside of the Cargo bays::

 

<Autarch>

<<<<Pause>>>>




© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage