U.S.S. Bremen - 11504.23, Mission #52

"The Right to Fight"


USS Bremen - Stardate 11504.23 - Mission # 52


<GD_Aoibhe>

The Right to Fight, Part 7.

<GD_Aoibhe>

Summary: So, the Bremen is stuck deep in Tzenkethi space, with 4 Tzenkethi on board, more on their tail in sub-light fighters, and presumably even more again in a warship bearing down on them.

The Autarch is proving to be about as haughty as expected, and the bridge is roasting and humid to match her environmental tastes.



 <GD_Aoibhe>

<<<Resume Mission>>>



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::removes his uniform jacket, leaving him in his vest and tunic already soaked with sweat::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::had the same thought, slipping from her jacket and wedging it to the side of her chair:: TAC: How far back is that warship, Chief?

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::slicks his hair back, thinking about nothing else than a cold shower when this is over::

 

<CMO_LtJG_Tomesu>

::in his office in sickbay, writing reports and occasionally mopping his brow::

 

<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Checks the sensors:: CO: Calculating...

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::turns around:: CO: Cap'n, we have repaired the damage to our forward and port shields.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::stands and looks to Tony:: CEO: Tell your people I said good work. Now, we're gonna need all power to the rear shields and weapons. Probably.

 

<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::okay, she gets it, keep things nice for the diplomat on the run, but did they have to turn the heat up on the bridge? and the HUMIDITY? don't say anything it'll be fine for a short while show respect bigger things to worry about:: TAC: Looks like we'll be trying out the new guns...

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CO: We're already using our surplus to keep us ahead of that ship ma'am.

 

<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Wipes some sweat from his brow and wipes it off on his shirt, already having tossed his jacket::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::stands up and heads for the emergency locker::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::glances to the Autarch:: CEO: We're not gonna be able to run forever, Mr. Adalberto.

 

<Autarch>

::stands, staring impatiently::

 

<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

CSO: Yeah, unfortunately.. Not that I don't trust 'em, but I'd rather avoid taking damage.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::opens the locker and retrieves water canteens:: CO: Fight or flight, ma'am. We can't do both.

 

<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

TAC: We may have gotten refitted, but we're still not a warship...

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::hands a bottle to the Captain::

 

<Autarch>

CO: To be clear, I did not go to all this trouble just to be killed on an alien ship. They will outrun you.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::looks again to the Autarch:: CEO: Fight, then flight. ::glances about:: All: We all know I'm a commander, right? I'm takin' this off. ::slips the uniform shirt off, revealing her Ramones tank top and tattooed arm::

 

<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Nods:: CSO: Not by a long shot.. still better than that Klingon bird though.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::grins as he holds out the water bottle for her::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CO: Cap'n, I can outrun them.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::takes the bottle:: CEO: Thanks. ::takes a drink before addressing the Autarch:: CO: We didn't come all this way just to die, Autarch. Don't you worry.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::places a bottle before Mor::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

TAC/SCI: Head's up! ::throws bottles their way::

 

<Ops_Ens_Mor>

CEO: cheers Commander, really sweating up a pace here.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

OPS: I can tell.

 

<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

TAC: Anything is. ::glances at the Cap'n and...she's got a pretty good idea. She’ll catch the bottle--after an almost fumble--and set it aside to awkwardly doff what she can as well. in front of a diplomat? Oh good wonderful excellent perfect gah...::

 

<Autarch>

::glares at CO:: CO: You are not the one I am concerned with. My mates and my offspring are housed in the bowels of this... ship... They are the continuation of my line. You may die, it is no matter, but they much survive.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

OPS: Do we have a visual on the enemy ship?

 

<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Catches the bottle with one hand, without really looking up:: CEO: Hey, thanks.

 

<Ops_Ens_Mor>

CO: Nothing yet sir. Keeping my eyes on the horizon

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::looks at Raqiin and sighs, then turns his attention back to the Captain::

 

<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::with a shirt stuck around her face for a moment:: CEO: How do you expect us to outrun them, Commander? They have speed on us.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::finds himself awkwardly watching Raqiin undress, then clears his throat:: CSO: I have the speed on them....I mean we are travelling faster...yeah.

 

<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Sighs and takes off his soaked shirt and reveals numerous scars, not caring about any anti bare upper body rule and such::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::frowns some in thought, staring at the viewscreen:: aNAV: Bleet, lower us to Warp 9. ::turns to Harlan:: TAC: Power the rear cannons and launchers. We're gonna fly us a kite.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::walks over to the conn, looking away from the scene:: CSO: The ship is travelling at warp 9.975....::turns to look at the Captain::

 

<Autarch>

::waves a hand in front of her nose holes. Humanoids smell horrible. blegh.::

 

<Ops_Ens_Mor>

CO: Sir we have a shipping on sensors. On an intercept course. Can’t make it out quite yet!

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::hops over to Engineering and brings emergency power to bear::

 

<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

CO: Alright, on it. ::checks the power stability to the rear arrays::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::glances about the bridge at the various states of undress:: All: Just so you all know, these are special circumstances; we'll not be stripping on the bridge every day. ::looks to OPS:: OPS: I want it on screen as soon as it's close enough, Mr. Mor.

 

<Autarch>

<aNAV_Bleet>

CO: Yessirimeanma'am! ::swallows, sweats and gets to work on his console, his sweaty fingers leaving little condensation marks on his console as he taps::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::looks down at his vest:: CO: Call me old fashioned.

 

<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Wipes some more sweat off his back, using the last semi-dry bits of his shirt, then tosses it towards an empty corner::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

OPS: Please note in the ship's log that Mr. Adalberto is the prude, please.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::chuckles as he reinforces the rear shields::

 

<Ops_Ens_Mor>

CO: Duly noted. Commander Prude is in fact a Prude.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

OPS: Outstanding. ::grins to herself, glad she didn't get an overly serious crew::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::makes a subtle look in Raqiin's direction before returning his attention back to his station:: CO: Engineering ready for whatever you have planned ma'am.

 

<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::mutters something something something vulcan deserts something earth jungles something::

 

<Autarch>

::stares at CEO, watching him, then examines CSO for a moment:: CO: The mating rituals of your crew are overt, Commander. Do you allow such flirtations on your bridge often?

 

<Ops_Ens_Mor>

Bridge: Vessel is coming into range. Should be receiving identifying protocols momentarily

 

<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::chokes, then clears her throat. uh. uh, was that directed at her?::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::raises her eyebrows, looking to the Autarch, but not responding due to a sudden idea:: CEO: Remember what I told you about diverting power to the rear weapons and shields? Do the opposite. ::turns to Bleet:: aNAV: Mr. Bleet, back to maximum warp.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CO: Aye ma'am. ::pulls a small lever, readjusting shield power and keeps his eyes on the screen::

 

<Ops_Ens_Mor>

Bridge: Not good news people. We are looking at Capital Ship.

 

<Ops_Ens_Mor>

Bridge: Its armed to the teeth and it looks hungry

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

OPS: Alert us when the enemy ship enters its weapon range. ::moves over to Bleet:: aNAV: Mr. Bleet, I'm going to ask you to perform a complex task. How's your confidence?

 

<Autarch>

<aNAV_Bleet>

::squeaks his acknowledgement and boots up the warp speed again::

 

<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::clear the mind clear the mind:: aNAV: Don't make her toss you out of your seat again.

 

ACTION: The Bremen begins to vibrate gently under the strain on the warp core.

 

<Autarch>

<aNAV_Bleet>

CO: I'm all yours, sire. ::grimaces:: CO:...sir.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::brings up warp controls:: All: Some turbulence people, it's fine....for now.

 

<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Finds the mild vibrations do actually shake off some of the looser drops of sweat::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

OPS: Mr. Mor, try and increase the power and range of our navigational deflector please.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::pats Bleet on the shoulder:: aNAV: The moment Mr. Mor says they're in weapons range, I want you to drop to Warp 9.5, then immediately back to maximum. Understood?

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::looks up, trying to follow the Captain...::

 

<Autarch>

<aNAV_Bleet>

CO: 9.5, the back to maximum, understood... but why, sir?

 

<Ops_Ens_Mor>

CEO: Can do sir. Looking at a 22% increase. Will be drawing from non-essential systems. Hope you don't have a craving for a nice glass of Prude Juice Commander haha. Enemy vessel in weapons range within 45 seconds

 

<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Checks the maximum firing rate on aft torp tubes::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::tries to ignore the Ensign’s ramblings:: OPS: Just do it.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::moves back to the command circle:: All: We're going to make them overtake us, then we're going to fire everything we've got at their engines. If they can't follow us, they're no longer a problem. ::looks to TAC, then CEO, then sits in her chair:: Timing will be everything, people. Be sharp.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::nods at Harlan::

 

<Autarch>

<aNAV_Bleet>

::gulps::

 

<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Nods back at Tony and takes a deep breath, for full concentration::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

OPS: ETA, Mr. Mor?

 

<Autarch>

::watches the crew with a bored stare:: CO: Your approach is audacious and reckless, Commander. Typically human.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

TAC: You have full power to weapons, Chief.

 

<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

CEO: Thanks.. Firing patterns set, tubes on hot standby. Just need lock and they're off.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::laughs softly:: Autarch: You ain't seen nothin' yet, Madam Autarch.

 

<Ops_Ens_Mor>

::Puts ship on main screen: Bridge: On screen

 

<Autarch>

CO: I sincerely hope that is true. ::stands as tall as this miniscule ship will allow::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::feels lightheaded from the heat and looks at his still untouched water bottle::

 

ACTION: The Tzenkethi warship appears on the main screen. It's huge, bristling with disruptor banks and torpedo tubes, all facing forwards. The ship itself seems to be little more than a transport mechanism for weaponry.

 

<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

Autarch: ...Are ALL of your ships like that, ma'am?

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::calmly crosses her legs and watches the viewscreen, putting all her faith in her crew, mostly because she had no choice:: All: Steady...

 

<Autarch>

::looks at CSO, surprised at her direct address without the traditional, subordinate bowing display first:: CSO: Only the ones that come after me.

 

<Autarch>

<aNAV_Bleet>

::bleets nervously::

 

<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Manually narrows the auto targeting area, in order to speed up weapons locking::

 

<Ops_Ens_Mor>

Bridge: In range!

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

ALL : Now!

 

<Autarch>

<aNAV_Bleet>

::reduces speed to Warp 9.5::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::keeps an eye on the IDF due to the sudden deceleration and acceleration::

 

<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Hits go as he sees locks appear all at once:: All: Firing.

 

ACTION: The gigantic warship sails on by at high warp.

 

<Autarch>

<aNAV_Bleet>

::increases speed to maximum again::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Hits the pulse cannons as the ship shifts into their targeting rectangle::

 

ACTION: Warship explodes.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::squints as the screen lights up::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

TAC: Holy handgrenade.....what did you pack those torpedoes with, Chief?!

 

ACTION: The shockwave from the warship blasts over the Bremen, causing any number of alarms to go off, lights to flicker and klaxons to honk as the ship is thrown along on the shockwave's wake.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::already putting our brush fires as his fingers fly across the console::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

CEO: Report! ::clutches her chair::

 

<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Blinks as the target disappears from his screens:: CEO: NOS? Ack.. ::holds on to the console and looks for anything still green::

 

ACTION: The ship groans under the strain of the extreme buffeting its receiving.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

aNAV: All stop, Mr. Bleet!

 

<Ops_Ens_Mor>

Bridge: Right now, I feel like I could take on the whole empire myself!

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CEO: Rear shields down to 76%, SIF generators on decks 6 and 9 blew out, we have backups online!

 

<Autarch>

<aNAV_Bleet>

::slams on the brakes::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::alarm goes off:: CO: We've just lost warp! Port nacelle took a direct hit!

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::sighs slightly in frustration:: CEO: Time to repair?

  

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::taps his badge:: *ME*: Engineering, I want a full detail on that nacelle ASAP.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::gets to her feet:: CSO: Scans, Ms. sh'Hruvek; I need to know if we're alone, and if there's any place to hide around here.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CO: I'm certain we can be back on our way soon enough ma'am, but until we assess the damage I can't say.

 

<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

CO: If we can still limp along on impulse, we should. Any distance we can close to the Autarch's forces.  ::settles herself in her seat, downing some more water, as she fires up whatever scans are functional::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CO: Ma'am, there's another option.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::frowns some::  CEO: If you're going to suggest the QSD, the answer is no.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CO: Ma'am, I'm certain I can keep our sensors operational during slipstream.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

CEO: If we were in peak condition, maybe, Commander; as it is, just get that nacelle fixed.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::nods:: CO: Yes ma'am.

 

<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

CO: Nothing but the fighters, ma'am, and they're just on the very edge of long-range.  But that big boom is going to draw the attention of anyone, friendly or un-, in the area.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::sighs some and puts her hands on her hips:: aNAV: Mr. Bleet, full impulse. If we can't run, we'll walk.

 

<Autarch>

<aNAQV_Bleet>

::nods gently, exhausted:: CO: Yes, sir.

 

<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

CO: We can impulse to an M-class moon in half a day; it's hanging around a gas giant. We might be able to park there and repair before the fighters are on us.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::walks around the bridge slowly, patting Bleet on the shoulder:: aNAV: Good work, Mr. Bleet. ::moves towards her ready room, tapping away at the panel by the door, programming the room down to 10 degrees centigrade::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

All: Everyone, take turns taking 10 in the ready room, starting with you, Ms. sh'Hruvek.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::grabs the water bottle and downs it all in one gulp::

  

<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::sighs in relief, peeling herself out of her seat and gathering up her discarded bits of uniform:: CO: Thank you, ma'am.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::nods, and sits back in her chair, making a point not to look at the Autarch::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::looks after her, then shakes his head and turns his attention back to the repair reports::

 

<Autarch>

<<<<Pause>>>>


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage