U.S.S. Bremen - 11503.26, Mission #48

"The Right to Fight"


USS Bremen - Stardate 11503.26 - Mission # 48


<GD_Aoibhe>

The Right to Fight, Part 3.

<GD_Aoibhe>

Summary: The Bremen crew has been informed of the onset of war between the Federation and the Tzenkethi.

 The ship is teeming with MACO marines, is wired up with a QSD that seems not to want to function alongside her regular systems, and Captain Sumner has just received the Bremen's Mission Orders...

 

<GD_Aoibhe>

<<<Resume Mission>>>

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::switches off her screen and sighs, tapping her foot nervously::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::limps off the Turbolift onto the Bridge and makes way for the Ready room, ringing the chime::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::looks up and runs a hand through her hair:: CEO: Enter.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::steps into the Room, holding a PADD in his right hand and rests it on her desk:: CO: The repair report ma'am.

 

<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::makes a note of Tony showing up, but tries to focus on her research of Tzenkethi biology for any insight and breakthrough::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::takes the PADD and looks it over:: CEO: Give me the short version, Commander.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CO: All systems operational. We're....confident the QSD won't fail us again.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::glances up:: CEO: How confident?

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CO: As confident as I am in my cooking. The garlic has sometimes developed a fault.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::smirks and gets to her feet, waving for him to follow as she heads out to the bridge:: aNAV: Helm, at best speed, ETA to Zenzuks.

 

<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::walks into sickbay::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::leaves the PADD and follows her onto the Bridge::

 

<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::spots MED:: Hello Doctor. Pleasure to see you back.

  

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CO: Where do you need me Captain ?

 

<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::squints, brow furrowing at the name, then looks up:: CO: Zenzuks, ma'am?

 

<GD_Aoibhe>

<aNAV Bleet>

CO: Captain, ETA is 23 hours at warp 9...

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::Glances to sh'Hruvek:: CSO: Yes, in Tzenkethi space... ::to Bleet:: aNAV: Can we go any faster than that?

 

<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

AUX2: Nice to be back, Ensign.  I trust everything is in order.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CO: Using slipstream we could.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::glances to Adalberto:: CEO: No mind-reading, Mr. Adalberto.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CO: I'll keep my powers in check ma'am.

 

<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

MED: As best it can be. We have guests. ::points at the MACOs:: and I have not met the Captain because I was late. War already.

 

<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

CO: Are we...taking the fight to them?

 

<GD_Aoibhe>

<aNAV_Bleet>

CO: I could put on an EVA suit and push? ::meant it to sound funny, but it doesn't.::

 

<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

AUX2: Which explains why I was recalled to the Bremen from my conference early.  Anything unusual from their medicals?

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::eyes the XO's chair, still uncomfortable with his auxiliary purpose:: CO: I'll get a report from Engineering ma'am. ::limps over to the Engineering station::

 

<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

MED: Aside from Tony's nerve damage from losing his prosthetic leg, everyone seems to be in good shape.

 

<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

AUX2: And the marines?

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

Computer: Computer, transfer Engineering controls to the Bridge.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

CSO: Not exactly... ::moves down to the Command circle:: ALL: Starfleet Intelligence has made contact with the Tzenkethi Autarch, who claims she has been deposed, and that this attack does not have her blessing. Our orders are to make contact with the Autarch, make sure she is safe... and try to end this war quickly.

 

ACTION: CEO's console chirps cheerfully and does as it's told.

 

<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

MED: If there was something up with one of them, they would not be here. But I can tell you by the end of today if that one does not stop pacing he will be leg-less.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::places his cane underneath his chair, sticking it in place before bringing the latest reports on his screen::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::turns to Tony:: CEO: Mr. Adalberto, what is the maximum range of the QSD?

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::brings up the latest numbers:: CO: A moment, Captain.

 

<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

AUX2: Hmm.  Well, I guess I have a lot to catch up on.  See if you can't find bacteria in their blood samples or something.  I'll be in the office.

 

<GD_Aoibhe>

<MACO2>

::continues pacing::

 

<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

CO: And how sure is SI about this being true and not just trying to lure Federation ships into hostile space?

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CO: Captain I believe I could theoretically cut our travel time in half.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::turns around:: CO: If the garlic hasn't dried up.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

CSO: Quite frankly, Lieutenant, it's a risk worth taking. ::turns back to Tony:: CEO: Alright. Let's set it up. The sooner we get there, the better.

 

<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

MED: He needs to hope that there is something wrong with him for him to be pacing. ::puts PADD down::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::let's out a breath of relief:: CO: Slipstream drive standing by, Captain.....I kinda took the liberty to plan another test.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::chuckles:: CEO: Lucky for you, it suits my needs. ::turns to Bleet:: aNAV: Aim us towards Zenzuks, Mr. Bleet.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*ME*: Engineering, prepare the ship for slipstream.

 

<GD_Aoibhe>

<aNAV_Bleet>

CEO: If you say so, sir.. ::looks nervous after their last run in with the QSD, but works out the calculations regardless, because he's brave like that.::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::turns to Raqiin:: CSO: Lieutenant, prepare to launch long range probes when we leave slipstream in case we do lose scanners again.

 

<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

AUX2: Well, let's see if we can make him happy, then, eh?

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

aNAV: Ma'am, please. ::gives a brief grin, still not sitting in her chair::

 

<GD_Aoibhe>

<aNAV_Bleet>

CO: Yes, sir.. ma'am, sir.

 

<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::nods, frowning but prepping those probes:: CEO: We survived the first test, after all, no reason we can't survive the next one.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CSO: That wasn't what I asked Lieutenant.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

CEO: If this breaks the ship, Mr. Adalberto, you're going to have to set some records to meet the repair deadlines I give you.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CO: Trust me Captain, I took night school!

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::under her breath:: Self: Outstanding...

 

<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

MED: I am not putting up with this many MACOs down here, Ren. ::clicks com:: *Bridge*: Sick bay to Bridge.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

OPS: Ensign Mor, did you prepare the power allocation as I asked?

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

*AUX2*: Go ahead.

 

<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::stiffly:: CEO: Probes prepped, sir.

 

<GD_Aoibhe>

<MACO2>

::keeeeeps pacing back and forth along the wall containing Sickbay's main exit. Every time he passes the door is whooshes open and closed. whoosh, whoosh... whooosh, whoosh... whoosh, whoosh::

 

<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::blinks::  AUX2: Um, well, why not ::hears Wren's comm:: - oh dear, too late.....

 

<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

*CO*: I can assume that as we have not spoken yet, you are the new Captain. Congratulations are in order for that.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CSO: Thank you, Lieutenant. ::keeps his attention on the quantum field::

 

<Ops_Ens_Mor1>

CEO: Ready and rearing to go

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

OPS: Thank you. Make sure to keep your eye on the field harmonics.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::furrows her brow:: *AUX2*: Thanks? What do you need, Sickbay; we're kinda busy up here.

 

ACTION: Whoosh, whoosh...

 

<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

*CO*: There is a MACO in here that is either sick, or going to be dead by the time we get where ever we are going. I want rid of the others bar one. And no isn't very optional.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::overhears Wren and grins::

 

ACTION: The four Sickbay MACOs in earshot stop and look at AUX2.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::actually laughs:: *AUX2*: With all due respect, doctor, I'm the one who gets to decide what the options are. I will do what I can, but until then, you're just going to have to endure. Understood?

 

<GD_Aoibhe>

<Maj_Deiter>

::appears off the Turbolift onto the bridge. Nods to his two MACOs guarding the TL door and paces energetically down to the command circle.::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CO: Slipstream drive ready on your command, ma'am.

 

<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

*CO*: Have you seen how small it is down here? Do we really need a barbershop quartet of MACOs down here? I will be fine with 1 staying but 6 is not appropriate. With all due respect, Captain.

 

ACTION: The MACOs in Sickbay return, humourlessly to their guarding duties, the one by the door pacing a little bit faster...

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::looks up to the Major and switches off the comm from Sickbay:: Deiter: Major... ::looks to Adalberto:: CEO: Let's not waste any time, Commander; get us under way, and continue to Zenzuks at top speed. You have the bridge. ::motions for the Major to join her in the ready room::

 

<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

MACO: Get away from that door.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::sighs and stands up, reaching under his chair to get the cane:: aNAV: Coordinates set?

 

<GD_Aoibhe>

<aNAV_Bleet>

CEO: Yes, ma'am!

 

<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

AUX2: I won't say I warned you.  I'll be in my office.  See what you can do with these goons.

 

<GD_Aoibhe>

<Maj_Deiter>

::harumphs and follows CO into her Ready Room.::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::limps over to the center seat and sits down:: aNAV: Engage slipstream drive.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::activates the seatbelts::

 

<GD_Aoibhe>

<aNAV_Bleet>

CEO: Ho-lee... ::presses the button:: CEO: craaaap!

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

aNAV: Language Mr. Bleet!

 

<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

MED: Worth a try was it not? ::points at MACO in the office:: careful. He is very talkative.

 

ACTION: The Bremen rears forward suddenly, the inertial dampers really struggling to ensure the crew isn't reduced to humanoid-flavoured salsa on the back walls.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

Deiter: Thank you for coming, Major. I wanted the opportunity to meet the CO of our new friends, and discuss a few things, if you have a few minutes. ::steps around her desk, motioning to the opposite chair::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

Self: I'm starting to sound like Thalev...

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::grips the sides of the chair::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::Does her best to pretend not to notice the effects of the jump::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CSO: Report Lieutenant sh'Hruvek.

 

<GD_Aoibhe>

<Maj_Deiter>

::stands as the ship begins to freak out underfoot:: CO: I don't sit, Commander. ::looks at CO emotionlessly::

 

<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::slides and falls into a MACO:: Self: No room.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::raises an eyebrow:: Deiter: Ever? Seems like that would get uncomfortable...

<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::holds onto the wall as he feels the jolt::  Self: That was unexpected.

 

<GD_Aoibhe>

<MACO3>

::catches AUX2:: AUX2: You fell...

 

<GD_Aoibhe>

<Maj_Deiter>

CO: Occasionally I lie down, to sleep. Sitting is admitting weakness.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::runs his palms over the armrest, taking in the view::

 

<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

CEO: We aren't falling apart. It looks like we're running a little smoother than last time...

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CSO: Scanners ?

 

<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

MACO3: I noticed. ::straightens the skirt of her dress:: Thank you.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::fights hard not to make a psychology joke:: Deiter: Well, then I shall stand as well, I guess... ::sighs softly:: I know how this works, Major. Different branches of the military; it's a rivalry as old as time. I know there's going to be some chest thumping and displays of pride, but the fact of the matter is that we need to coexist.

 

ACTION: Ship shudders and whines, a few consoles flicker, a few lights dim, but all in all, the garlic is working.

 

<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

CEO: Scanners down, sir.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

Self: Damnit.

 

<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::looks around as the consoles flicker in sickbay.  Frowns a little::  *CO*: Tomesu to bridge.  Is everything all right up there, Captain?  We seem to be getting power fluctuations.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

aNAV: Bleet, do you have our position ?

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::taps her commbadge:: *MED*: Everything's fine, Mr. Tomesu; just punching a hole in space-time.

 

<GD_Aoibhe>

<MACO3>

::helps AUX2 to a stand again and clears his throat, returning to his guard stance:: AUX2: If you fall over again... and I'm in your vicinity... I'll repeat the same action.

 

<GD_Aoibhe>

<aNAV_Bleet>

CEO: We're on the bridge, sir!

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

aNAV: Honestly, how did you graduate? Galactic coordinates!

 

<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

*CO* Aye, Captain.

 

<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

MACO3: Where I come from, that is a pick up line. ::looks through the office window:: MED: Everything alright? Everything flickered again.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*ME*: Engineering, this is the Bri...this is Tony, I need long range scanners operational. Get to it.

 

<GD_Aoibhe>

<aNAV_BLeet>

CEO: We should be coming up on 13 Ceti, sir! ::wobbles in his seat.::

 

ACTION: Alarms and Klaxons start to bloom on Engineering's Bridge console.

 

<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

AUX2: Apparently.  Something about space and time.  Wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff, I guess.

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::disengages his seatbelts and runs over to the Engineering station, not even bothering with the cane::

 

<GD_Aoibhe>

<Maj_Deiter>

CO: We’re here to ensure this ship and its crew survive what is ahead, Commander.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::attempts to shut down the drive:: aNAV: Prepare for reversion!

 

<GD_Aoibhe>

<aNAV_Bleet>

CEO: Oh, thank god! Preparing now, ma'am!

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::nods:: Deiter: And I'm very appreciative of that fact. I know, once we engage the enemy, we'll be happy to have you. However, I need your troops to be a little less intrusive, particularly in Sickbay and Engineering. Door guards, fine, but I'd like you to pull your additional personnel until we're at Red Alert.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*ME*: Engineering, disengage the QSD from the main power grid immediately! Assign repair teams to decks 4, 11 and 12.

 

<GD_Aoibhe>

<Maj_Deiter>

CO: That is not within my remit. We have our orders, and we will carry them out. ::harumphs:: CO: My men will remain at their posts as they have been trained to do. Anything less would be beneath them.

 

<GD_Aoibhe>

<ENG_Mac>

*CEO*: On it!

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::brings the ship out of the quantum field::

 

<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

MED: We are fine then. I don’t think stabbing the MACO with a needle at the moment is ridiculous. When we stop rocking, I'll ask for blood work.

 

ACTION: The lights ship wide flicker as the ship continues to buck and squeal.

 

<Ops_Ens_Mor>

Mumbles to Self: Why do we need all this extra support and tactical consideration. We all know their raiders are going to attack every 33 minutes anyways. What could possibly be so different

 

ACTION: Ship grinds to a blessed silence.

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CSO: Launch the probes as we revert.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::sighs:: Deiter: So, take it up with the brass. Got it. ::gets an itch to see what's going on with the ship:: Well, I feel like we understand each other a little better, anyway. Thank you for your time, Major. ::moves to head back to the bridge::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*CO*: Captain to the Bridge!

 

<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::readies the probes with one hand, the other holding on to keep from rocking too badly:: CEO: What happened?

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::arrives as if on cue:: CEO: Garlic problems, Mr. Adalberto?

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CSO: The power grid couldn't handle the stress.

 

<GD_Aoibhe>

<Maj_Deiter>

::steps in front of CO:: CO: Commander, your people are welcome to work around mine. Mine will be instructed to remain unobtrusive, but not one soldier will leave his post while I am aboard. Understood?

 

<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::holds onto his desk as the ship buckles again::  AUX2: You think there's something they're not telling us up there?

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::stands up and looks for his cane, then straightens his posture:: CO: Captain, the slipstream drive worked perfectly. Until the power grid could no longer handle the added pressure. We're out a few bio neural gel packs, but I've rerouted the processing through duotronic secondaries. Nothing to worry about.

 

<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::looks up and nods slowly:: MED: I think so. This has been happening since we set out.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::stops abruptly, staring up at the Major for a moment, her brow creased with mild irritation:: Deiter: I suppose that's all I can ask... ::slips past him and steps onto the bridge to hear Tony's explanation:: CEO: So we can get underway?

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::looks at warp drive readouts::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CO: Aye ma'am, warp drive is operational. Repairs are already under way.

 

<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

CEO/CO: Hair away from Helaspont Nebula, looks like, from the probe telemetry.

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::nods:: CEO: Lucky... ::looks to Bleet:: aNAV: You know where we're headed, Mr. Bleet. Maximum warp.

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CO: Skillful. ::smiles::

 

<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

CEO: Little of both... ::sits in the Captain's chair, finally::

 

<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::sits down:: CO: I'll take it.

 

<GD_Aoibhe>

<<<Pause mission>>>




© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage