U.S.S. Hyperion - 11505.04, Mission #50

"Kobliad Knights"


 

<GD_CJ>

SUMMARY: After their successful campaign in the Badlands, Taskforce Arrani has crossed into Tzenkethi space, heading for the planet Lamemda with an occupying force not far behind.

 

<GD_CJ>

<<<Resume>>>

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::steps out onto the Bridge, a cup of Rak in his hand:: aXO: Report.

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

CO: The rest of the taskforce has been deployed as per your orders, sir. We are twenty minutes from Lamemda orbit.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Is sat at the TAC console monitoring security and the tactical systems.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::nods:: TAC: Mr. Douglas, are the MACO dropships ready?

 

<ENG_Lt_Wallace>

:: monitors the warp core status from the engineering station ::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Thumbs through the status report  on the MACOs.:: CO: Standby.

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

::gets up from the Big Chair, moving to his own::

 

<CMO_LtJg_Rousseau>

::is sitting at the science station monitoring sickbay statuses, med-team is nearby::

 

ACTION: The Hyperion receives a hail from Starfleet Command.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

CO: Dropships are ready for deployment... the moment we take care of the orbital defenses.

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aOPS_Holden>

CO: Incoming hail from SFC, sir.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::doesn't sit down yet:: ENG: Mr. Wallace, I prefer to keep the Hyperion in one piece for now..but prepare the MVAM in case we decide to split.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

TAC: Thank you Mr. Douglas. ::turns to the screen:: aOPS: On screen.

 

<ENG_Lt_Wallace>

CO: Aye sir. I will certainly try my best. :: keys in the preparation sequence and puts it on standby ::

 

ACTION: Admiral Walker appears on screen.

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aOPS_Holden>

::transfers the comm to the screen:: CO: Aye, Captain. On screen.

 

<ADM_Walker>

*CO*: Captain Rome.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Smiles at Izzy, noticing her on the bridge.::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::smiles:: *ADM*: Admiral sir. Taskforce Arrani is ready.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

CO: I would have still preferred to be with the MACOs sir,to coordinate their assault more personally.

 

<ADM_Walker>

::nods:: *CO*: I have no doubt, Captain. Your work has been exemplary thus far. I understand your assault on Lamember will begin shortly; I was wondering if I may address your fleet.

 

<CMO_LtJg_Rousseau>

::smiles over at Soule:: TAC: Hey Soule

 

<ADM_Walker>

<Lamemda... Jesus...>

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::nods to aOPS to open the channel:: *ADM*: Of course, sir.

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aOPS_Holden>

::signals the fleet for incoming comm from the Admiral, sending confirmation to the Admiral::

 

<CMO_LtJg_Rousseau>

::settles down and pays attention to what's going on::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Feels relaxed at the sound of Izzy's voice.:: CMO: Hey Izz.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::sips of his coffee, knowing this will be good::

 

<ENG_Lt_Wallace>

:: turns to pay a bit more attention to the screen, rather interested about all of this ::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::looks over the back of the Bridge and snaps his finger to stop the chatter::

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

::watches the screen::

 

<ADM_Walker>

::nods his thanks and takes a slow breath:: *Taskforce*: Taskforce Arrani, this is Admiral Martin Walker, Starfleet Command. I want to personally congratulate you on your excellent work so far. I'm sure you've all seen the reports; this war isn't going as planned. However, the exploits of your crews have significantly improved morale across the front.

 

<ADM_Walker>

*Taskforce*: I wanted to take this opportunity to clarify a few things regarding your upcoming mission. I know that if I were in your shoes and was given an order to invade a foreign world, I would have some questions. Let me reiterate that Starfleet is not in the business of annexing worlds by force.

 

<CMO_LtJg_Rousseau>

::blushes a little bit at the captain's finger snapping..pays attention to the conversation::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Whispers:: Self: ....but this is war.....yadda yadda...

 

<ADM_Walker>

*Taskforce*: Nor will this occupation be long-term. Our goal with this action is not to conquer, but to give the Tzenkethi pause, and make them reconsider their actions. They have struck a blow against the Federation, yes, but they have left themselves exposed. Our hope is that the loss of one of their worlds, albeit temporary, will open the doors for a swift and peaceful end to this engagement.

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

::has reservations about the Tzenkethi's willingness to peaceful anything::

 

<ENG_Lt_Wallace>

:: doesn't so much like the occupation part, but agrees with most of the rest. ::

 

<ADM_Walker>

*Taskforce*: I have the utmost confidence in your ability to succeed. Good luck, Arrani. Walker out.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::nods at the Admiral::

 

<ADM_Walker>

::gives Rome a firm nod, then disappears, the battle ahead replacing him on the viewer::

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV_Miller>

::looks down at his console:: CO: Three minutes, Captain.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::walks over to Holden:: aOPS: Get me an earpiece, I want to follow the battle.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::looks over at aXO:: aXO: She's yours now. Sound battlestations.

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aOPS_Holden>

::nods, sliding open a slot on his console, pulling out the earpiece the Captain requested, handing it over::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::Acceps the earpiece and attaches it to his left ear::

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

CO: Aye, sir. ::turns towards tactical:: TAC: Battlestations.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::thinks it's more dramatic when he calls it himself and shrugs::

 

ACTION: Taskforce Arrani forms up, dropping out of warp and getting a good look at what awaits them: A small fleet of Tzenkethi frigates, one heavy carrier, and numerous orbital platforms.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Preparws tactical systems for battle.:: CO&aXO: Defences are as to be expected. A number of small vessels and weapons platforms.

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

ENG: Make sure the shields and weapons have sufficient power.

 

<ENG_Lt_Wallace>

aXO: You got it, sir. :: starts to reroute power, just in case. So far, all looks well. ::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::taps his earpiece:: *Taskforce*: Axanar wing, focus your fire on the Orbital platforms first and foremost.

ACTION: The Tzenkethi defense scrambles to intercept the taskforce, hanging back with the platforms.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

aXO: Lyon, I need you to head for that carrier. Same as last time.

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

::smiles:: CO: I assumed as much. Alpha will take it out.

 

ACTION: The Taskforce enters weapons range, and the platforms open up, firing pulses of plasma that seem to explode at a certain distance, acting like flak.

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

aNAV: Head for the carrier, coordinate with four of the Akiras on flanking maneuvers.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::taps his earpiece:: *Taskforce*: Alpha wing, spread out and take out the frigates. Kirk wing, same for your side.

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

TAC: Ensign, you get to shoot up the ship. Coordinate with your counterparts on the Akiras.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::feels energized, all ill forgotten::

 

<CMO_LtJg_Rousseau>

::glancing at the viewscreen, when did being in a battle start to seem routine...?::

 

ACTION: The taskforce returns fire, Axanar focusing on the orbital platforms, Kirk and Alpha taking on the frigates, and the Hyperion escorting a strike force for the carrier, all very business-like. This taskforce has become well-acquainted with warfare.

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV_Miller>

::quickly contacts the four ships that will accompany them on their attack run, sorting out positions and maneuvers::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

CMO: Doctour Rousseau, please coordinate relief to damaged vessels.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

aXO: Yay.... ::Much sarcasm, whilst preparing to target the  carrier's flight deck.+:

 

<CMO_LtJg_Rousseau>

CO: Yessir. ::begins sending messages to each ship, coordinating the medical teams::

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

TAC: Yay indeed. You can go wrestle Gators another time.

 

<ENG_Lt_Wallace>

:: makes sure the weapons are continuously on close-to-full power and that the shields at least remain above 50% ::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

aXO: I'd still prefer leading the assault.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

*Taskforce*: Kirk wing, when we have broken through take up an equadistant orbit and cover the MACO dropships in.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::spills a little bit of coffee as Miller dodges a rather nasty looking plasma torpedo::

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

*Rhine/MAginot/Volta/Sparta*: We have our target, Captains. MY flight and tactical is coordinating with yours. Let's get the carrier out of the way so we can take pot shots at the orbital platforms.

 

ACTION: The Tzenkethi defense is poorly prepared for the force arrayed against them, the platforms dropping quickly and the frigates no match for the combined firepower of Kirk and Alpha wings. The Tzenkethi carrier releases its horde of fighters and boarding craft, but it seems almost futile.

<CMO_LtJg_Rousseau>

::glances at Rome's coffee cup, wondering how many cups he's had today...::

 

<ENG_Lt_Wallace>

:: notices a slight dip in the shield power and corrects, pulling a tiny bit of power from the sonic showers. He feels bad for whoever's on Deck Ten and just got a cold shower ::

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV_Miller>

::weaves the ship through the onslaught, aiming for the carrier, providing the best firing solutions::

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

::looks at the theatre of battle around them:: CO: Did we catch them off guard?

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

TAC: Fire when ready.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

aXO: Seems like it. They're forces are too busy killing us on the front.....but best be sure.

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

::says nothing about waiting for the other shoe::

 

ACTION: As the Hyperion starts to engage the carrier, Kirk wing forms up and moves for a widening hole in the planet's orbital coverage. The MACO dropships move forward, well-covered from enemy fire.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Fires weapons at target::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::taps his earpiece:: *Relic*: Relic wing, keep and eye out for reinforcements. Lock the perimeter.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::listens to Kirk wing reporting they are taking up position around the planet::

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

*Akiras*: Fire at will. ::Watches as the torpedoes seek out their targets::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

*Taskforce*: Kirk wing, when you have reached weapons range, target all large settlements on the planet.

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

::looks at the Captain:: CO: Civilian targets, Captain?

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Waits for the impacts intently::

 

<CMO_LtJg_Rousseau>

Self: large settlements??

 

ACTION: The firepower of the Akiras and Hyperion quickly cut through the waves of fighters. While two of the Akira's take needles, they are undeterred. All five ships open up on the carrier, punishing its shields and flight decks; it won't last long.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

aXO: They don't make that distinction. So for now, neither will we.

 

<ENG_Lt_Wallace>

:: is pretty sure he misheard that part about large settlements, but decides not to speak up about it. For now ::

 

<ADM_Walker>

<Kirk_Wing_CO>

*CO*: Sorry sir; can you repeat that?

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

CO: That distinction is what makes us different, Captain.

<CMO_LtJg_Rousseau>

::mentally takes note of what the captain just said::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Stare at Lyon, concerned.::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

*Kirk Wing*: Target those settlements, Captain. That's an order. Do not fire unless I specifically give that order.

 

<CMO_LtJg_Rousseau>

::glances over to Lyon::

 

<ADM_Walker>

<Kirk_Wing_CO>

::gives a reluctant pause:: *CO*: Understood.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

aOPS: Inform me when they have a target lock.

 

<CMO_LtJg_Rousseau>

::glances back to Soule, noticing his looks as well::

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

CO: Captain, are you actually going to fire on them?

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

aXO: Not my ideal solution, no.

 

<ENG_Lt_Wallace>

:: focuses extra hard on his console, not wanting to get involved in anything. He's just here to do his job, not argue orders with superior officers. He'll settle for thinking they're off their rockers. ::

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aOPS_Holden>

::subdued:: CO: Targets locked, Captain.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

aOPS: Open general hailing frequencies, all channels.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Plants his hand on the console closer to Izzy, giving an expressive smile.::

 

ACTION: The Carrier erupts in a ball of fire under the Hyperion's punishment, the last real orbital resistance. Kirk wing has the planet's largest settlements targeted, the Captain's intent unclear.

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

CO: Understood, sir. But I'm lodging my protest on actual firing on the targets.

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aOPS_Holden>

CO: Hailing frequencies open, Captain.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

aXO: Consider it lodged, Commander.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

*Tzenkethi fleet*: Tzenkethi fleet. We have you outnumbered and surrounded. If you check your scanners you will see I have a target lock on all your populated areas. Stand down space and ground forces immediately and surrender.

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

::absently takes note of the destroyed carrier:: aNAV: Rejoin the rest of the wing.

 

<CMO_LtJg_Rousseau>

::smiles over at Soule, but looks worried about what's going down. Touches Soule's hand briefly::

 

<SCI_Cadet_Ve>

::frowning slightly, She hoped they didnt fire, knowing how badly it would hurt.::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::looks to Douglas:: TAC: Tell MACO ships to descend.

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aNAV_Miller>

::silently directs the Akiras to follow them and rejoining their wing::

 

ACTION: The Captain's ultimatum is met with silence, the few frigates left still firing on the fleet.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

*Kirk wing*: Kirk wing, target an unpopulated area close to their major city and fire phasers. One burst.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Clenches Izzy's hand, begrudgingly gives the order to the MACOs; unsure of the situation.::

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

::has no reason to protest yet, he understands the tactic::

 

ACTION: The MACO carriers enter the planet's atmosphere, dodging some flak and making it to the surface largely unscathed. Meanwhile, Kirk wing complies, firing a short volley near one of the cities.

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aOPS_Holden>

CO: No response to the warning shot, sir.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::bites down, staring at the viewcreen::

 

<ENG_Lt_Wallace>

:: reroutes just a bit of power to the shields and doesn't do anything with the weapons for now ::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

*Tzenkethi fleet*: Tzenkethi fleet, this is your final warning. Stand down and avoid more bloodshed. Resistance is useless.

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

aXO: MACOs are reporting contact.

 

<SCI_Cadet_Ve>

::Sucking in a sharp breath, head jerking up quickly.::

 

<CMO_LtJg_Rousseau>

::chews her lip as she looks at the viewscreen::

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

TAC: Thank you, Ensign. They have their orders.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

SCI: Cadet, how many enemy ships left?

 

ACTION: There is only silence over the comms.

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

::stands rigidly, the silence deafening::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::listens to a report on his earpiece, the Gators are still attacking::

 

<SCI_Cadet_Ve>

CO: The scans are picking up 3.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

*Taskforce*: Kirk wing, release weapons lock and secure the planet. Send down Mustangs to give air cover.

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::turns to Lyon:: aXO: You can offer them to surrender, but I think we have our answer. Then take them out.

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

::nods:: CO: Aye, sir. We know the answer. ::wonders how things have changed between him and the Captain::

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

aOPS: Send the offer to surrender.

 

ACTION: Kirk wing is quick to release their target locks, and waves of Mustangs are freed, swooping down to the planet below to provide air support. The Occupation of Lamemda has begun.

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aOPS_Holden>

aXO: Aye, Commander. Sending the comms. ::taps the controls::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

::Looks at the telemetry and cant help but think of the occupation of Betazed.:j

 

<CMO_LtJg_Rousseau>

::squeezes Soule's hand harder.. heart sinking, this is not what she thought the Federation was about..in spite of what the Admiral said earlier::

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

::sits down, staring unseeingly at the viewscreen::

 

<ENG_Lt_Wallace>

:: decides that he was better off hearing his mom's tales of the Dominion occupations during the war than seeing one in person ::

 

<SCI_Cadet_Ve>

::Gasping quietly, heart lurching in her chest.::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::tells the Taskforce to take up defense formation until the reinforcements arrive, then deactivates his earpiece and places it in his pocket::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

aOPS: Have my personal shuttle readied, Commander.

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

<aOPS_Holden>

::nods at the Captain:: CO: Aye, sir. I'll send the order. ::does just that::

 

<TAC_Ens_Douglas>

CMO: It'll be ok... ::Tries desperately to reassure her.::

 

<CO_Captain_Rome>

::turns to face the crew:: All: Good job today. All of you.

 

<ADM_Walker>

<<<Pause>>>

 

<aXO_Cmdr_Lyon>

::forces himself to look up at the Captain, he should have guessed the ploy - he would have done the same::

 

<ADM_Walker>

<<<Pause>>>


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage