U.S.S. Bremen - 11402.26, Mission #2

"Elding"


Star Trek: Engage Transcript  

 Directed by: Aoibhe Ni

 

Starring:

James Greenman asCO Captain Rhodri Griffiths

Brian Bailey asXO Lt. V'Lor

CJ Short asENG Ensign Ilia sh'Torar

Andrew James asOPS Cadet Lora Inaji

and

Kyle Renaud asTAC Cadet Darloch

 

 

Mission Summary:

The USS Bremen, orbiting Kalandra 4 and cloaked in heavy ion storms, with her shields holding for now, experienced a strange power surge that travelled up from the planet and through her hull, zapping around from the computer core to the transporter room.

 

The crew now seem to have a new life-form, in the form of a strange (but friendly), (and naked), silver-skinned woman who the Captain has appointed himself to take care of. The Bremen has also begun to experience small power drains at random intervals...

 

Host GM_Aoibhe says:

<<<Resume>>>

 

Host SilverLady says:

::walks beside the CO, happily taking note of everything new she sees around her::

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::gestures along the corridor as they walk:: Woman: And these are our science facilities, where we conduct research, scientific discoveries, new technologies. This ship is fully equipped for scientific study.

 

OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

::at her console, starts looking for the source of the power drain::

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

::steps onto the bridge, her face and uniform covered in smudges like a good engineer:: OPS: No Captain?

 

Host SilverLady says:

CO: You will study me? I have curious.. ::thinks:: CO: I be curious?

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::smiles disarmingly:: SilverLady: With your permission, I'd like to have our Doctor run a few scans. We've never encountered your species before and we're curious about you.

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

::frowns some and taps her combadge:: *CO*: sh'Tolar to Captain Griffiths.

 

OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

ENG: He's giving a personal tour of the ship to our guest. ::goes quiet:: Do you think he'd be taking care of it personally if it was someone less attractive? ::smirks::

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

::gives a knowing grin to OPS::

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::taps his comm badge:: *ENG*: Go ahead, Ensign.

 

Host SilverLady says:

CO: All is new. ::smiles and follows the CO::

 

Host SilverLady says:

ACTION: Lights over the CO and the lady flicker on and off, on and off, and someone in a science lab off to the left curses as three damn days of work go down the drain as power drops at a critical moment::

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

*CO*: As much as I hate to say it, sir, I've got good news and bad news. We should have our navigation sensors back in less than half an hour, but the ion storms are intensifying. Our shield modifications are holding, but I can't guarantee they'll stay that way.

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::glances around and frowns slightly at the power drain:: *ENG*: Understood. Any luck getting the power drain source localised?

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::steps into the Sickbay with the Silver Lady:: Computer: Computer, activate the Emergency Medical Holographic Program.

 

OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

ENG: Tell him I think the source of the power drain is our guest herself.

 

Host SilverLady says:

<EMH> CO: Please state the nature of the medical... naked

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

*CO*: We're working on it now, sir. I recommend we try to put some distance between ourselves and the planet soon; there's no need to stick around in this mess, sir.

 

Host SilverLady says:

<EMH> ::looks very put out, but says nothing more::

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::nods to himself:: *ENG*: Understood. Is Lieutenant V'Lor not on the bridge, Ensign?

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

::looks to OPS and nods:: *CO*: Not at the moment. Also, Inaji thinks the source of our power drain might be whatsherface.

 

Host SilverLady says:

ACTION: The storms intensify, catching the shields off guard for a second. A charge manages to get through the gap in the shield, blasting into the hull, causing several people to jump and shout in alarm, and one person to spill coffee on their lap. It also causes some hull damage.

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::smiles at the EMH:: EMH: This is our guest, she's....doesn't have a name. We've not encountered her species before, and she's agreed to let us run some tests to improve our knowledge.

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::shakes, muttering to himself as he gets sh'Tolar's message:: *ENG*: That I understood. You have the Bridge, Ensign. Move us away from the planet and out of the range of these storms, we can't be hanging around in here damaged as we are.

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

::scrambles over to the engineering console to check the damage:: *CO*: Sir, I really think-... oh. Um, ok. I mean, yes sir! ::looks about the bridge:: OPS: Flying blind shouldn't be too hard, right? ::nervous little laugh as she looks over some scans::

 

Tac_Cdt_Darloch says:

:: holsters phaser again

 

Host SilverLady says:

<EMH> CO: And you are...? ::huffs::

 

OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

ENG: Well.. Sir.. I can't do anything about the charges. We're just likely to get more and more damage. I recommend we leave the affected area.

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::raises an eyebrow:: EMH: I'm the Captain, Rhodri Griffiths. Is your database corrupted, Doctor?

 

Tac_Cdt_Darloch says:

::misses the time when real people were doctors not holograms

 

Host SilverLady says:

::glitches:: <EMH> CO: And you are...? ::disappears, reappears:: CO: Please state the nature of the medical emergency.

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

OPS: Yep. ::stands and spins to face the viewscreen:: aNAV: Helm, turn us 86 degrees starboard, and engage at one-half impulse. ::double checks her calculations::

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::sighs softly:: Computer: Deactivate the Emergency Medical Hologram.

 

Host SilverLady says:

<EMH> ::clucks something about rudeness and disappears::

 

XO_Lt_Vlor says:

::walks on Bridge looking at ENG Ens:: ENG: Status?

 

Host SilverLady says:

CO: He was not.... solid? ::steps into Sickbay, a biobed shutting down suddenly nearby::

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::turns to face their guest:: SilverLady: There may be some problems...Since you came onboard, we've been having issues with our ship. It's possible that your presence here is affecting our power systems.

 

Tac_Cdt_Darloch says:

::grabs medical tricorder and starts a better scan of silver lady::

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

XO: We're starting to move away from the planet, sir. We're still experiencing intermittent power fluctuations, but we're narrowing down the source. ::looks over to OPS:: OPS: Right?

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::shakes his head:: SilverLady: We have technology which allows us to recreate any object using photons, shields and magnetic fields. It's not real, simply a solid projection of photons.

 

OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

ENG: It's definitely whosherface.

 

Host SilverLady says:

::turns, thinking:: CO: Solid is alive... not solid is... not? ::looks confused and worried::

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::tilts his head, wondering if he can explain:: Silverlady: It's an image, a projection. Like a picture that can talk. Pretend.

 

XO_Lt_Vlor says:

::nods moving to the Captain's chair.:: ENG: Thank you, I am taking back the Bridge. See if you and OPS Cdt Inaji work as well as a team as I expect you to be.

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

::looks between the two for a moment, and nods:: XO: Yes, sir. ::moves over to OPS::

 

Host SilverLady says:

::thinks, makes a decision:: CO: Solid is better.

 

OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

::quietly:: ENG: I didn't quite catch her orders.

 

Tac_Cdt_Darloch says:

::OK let's do this the old fashioned way grabs a data pad and stylus and starts taking detailed notes on Silver Lady starting from transporter room to now::

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::smiles a little wider:: SilverLady: Solid is....different. We try not to judge anything based on its physical characteristics.

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

OPS: Just to figure out the power drain stuff. What kind of readings are we getting from her? ::looks over OPS' shoulder at her console::

 

Host SilverLady says:

ACTION: All power to Sickbay shuts down suddenly, the doors closed, darkness enveloping everything.

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::taps his comm badge in the darkness:: *ENG*: Captain Griffiths to Ensign sh'Tolar, report. We've just log power in Sickbay.

 

XO_Lt_Vlor says:

::Fingers interlaced in front of her as she checks in the progress of what is going on::

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::blindly moves to the nearest console to see if he can bring it up on batteries::

 

Tac_Cdt_Darloch says:

SilverLady: If possible can you please turn lights and power back on it makes things easier for us to communicate with you when we can see you

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

*ENG*: If it is our guest causing these power outages, I need you to erect some kind of faraday cage around Sickbay. We can stay in here until we've figured things out.

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

::jogs over to the engineering console:: *CO*: Uh, well... Ok, but if she's feeding off the ship's systems, erecting the cage might affect her negatively. ::brings up the proper subroutines::

 

OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

ENG: Well, ::gestures to the read out:: organic readings, she's definitely alive, but there's no sort of internal organs, cardio-pulmonary system, nothing. But she seems to suck the power out of everything she moves past.

 

Host SilverLady says:

TAC:  I did nothing. ::sounds confused::

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::frowns slightly, wishing he could see the woman to figure out her reaction:: *ENG*: Understood, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

SilverLady: S...M...::sighs softly, thinking for a moment:: Ma'am, we're going to try something that will hopefully prevent the effect you have on this ship from spreading. You must let me know if you feel...different, yes? Non-solid?

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

::erects a forcefield around Sickbay, then applies energy dampening properties to resist further drain effects:: Self: Here we go...

 

OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

::brings the power readout over to her main console display::

 

Host SilverLady says:

CO: Feel? Different. Yes... ::feels herself in the dark:: CO: Not different. ::smiles and her skin sparks a little bit, making her glow a little in the darkness::

 

XO_Lt_Vlor says:

OPS: How dangerous is Silver Lady's power drain?

 

Tac_Cdt_Darloch says:

Silverlady: OK thank you for your help we are trying to keep this ship in space as these power disruptions will really hurt our people.

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::smiles slightly, chuckling in the dark:: SilverLady: Well, that's good. ::taps his comm badge again:: *ENG*: Any luck restoring power here yet?

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

::folds her arms as she watches the cage take effect, thinking for a moment before tapping her combadge:: *CO*: How's she doing Captain? If she can stay like this for a while, I think I have an idea.

 

OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

XO: Well, I'd say dangerous enough. Should she drain power from life support, or a warp core containment system or something, it could be very bad.

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

*ENG*: She appears to be alright for now, she says there's no change.

 

Host SilverLady says:

::turns to TAC and tilts her head as she had seen CO do it before:: TAC: I do not hurt. I want to learn. I want to- ::groans::

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::picks up one of the medical tricorders and moves over to her sparking form, flicking it open and running the probe across her body:: TAC: See if you can get some lights in here, Cadet!

 

XO_Lt_Vlor says:

::Her face goes tight as she thinks to herself.:: OPS: Can we protect those systems from our Silver Lady Guest?

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

SilverLady: What are you feeling? Is it different now?

 

Tac_Cdt_Darloch says:

SilverLady: That is good we are explorers and want to learn too. We just want to be sure that no accidents happen.

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::wonders for a moment if his probe is having to reach up higher to get to her head of if it's just him::

 

Tac_Cdt_Darloch says:

CO: Eye Sir

 

OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

XO: That's what we're working on, Sir. Ensign sh'Tolar has erected a sort of dampening field around Sickbay.

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

::reinitializes power in Sickbay:: *CO*: Should be good now, Captain. I want to try to insulate the damaged comms array, and see if we can't use that to, uh... feed our guest. I'll need a probe.

 

Host SilverLady says:

ACTION: The Bremen is released from the worst of the ion storms, but its sensors and shields have sustained some damage.

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::taps his comm badge:: *ENG*: It seems like the dampening field is harming her in some way, she must continually feed off of the system. Perhaps...that's what the Ion Storms were doing, feeding her.

 

Tac_Cdt_Darloch says:

:: heads to main terminal to work on power working in sick bay::

 

OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

aNAV: Ah, that's much better. ::grumbles:: Stupid storms.

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

*CO*: I'm thinking we can use a comm buoy like a lightning rod to that effect. ::sends some preliminary orders to engineering to start insulating the comm systems::

 

Host SilverLady says:

CO: I - why? ::looks very weak::

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::frowns at his readings, not able to tell much except the basics from his medical training:: Self: No organs, but temperature, rudimentary lifesigns...

 

OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

ENG: What if we give her a generator of some sort? A power source not tied into our systems, like... a battery pack, for lack of a better term.

 

XO_Lt_Vlor says:

*CO*: If we take her from the Ion Storms that are her source of food. She might feed off on the ship or worse.

 

Tac_Cdt_Darloch says:

*ENG*: Is there a way of creating a self regenerating power source to feed off instead of the ship?

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::folds up the tricorder with a frown:: SilverLady: You are damaging our ship, we had to see if we could prevent that so that we can talk to you, learn from you, but it's hurting you...::taps his comm badge again:: *ENG*: Can you adjust the dampening field, allow small amounts of power to trickle through?

 

Host SilverLady says:

::struggles to a biobed, resting her hands on it, and begins to absorb power directly from it:: CO: These are tests? You hurt to test? ::looks terrified::

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

OPS: That could work, too. I'm not sure how long it would last. ::Taps her combadge, then again, sighing in frustration at the amount of requests being thrown her way at once:: *CO/TAC* One at a-!... Give me a minute. ::lessens the dampening effect of the forcefield::

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::shakes his head hurriedly:: SilverLady: No, this is an accident. We never meant to hurt you. We're trying to fix it now, to make it...better.

 

Tac_Cdt_Darloch says:

Silverlady: we try not to hurt it is not our way but some times small pains give us most discoveries how ever these are last resort if at all possible

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

OPS: How much power is she draining? Is it increasing, or just fluctuating?

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::looks up at Darloch with a shake of his head, letting him know this isn't the time for a deep discussion on scientific ethics::

 

Host SilverLady says:

TAC: Small pain is still pain! ::keeps her hands on the biobed display, drawing massive amounts of power from it:: TAC: You hurt me! CO: You hurt me! You starve me!

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

::starts to panic a bit as her console starts blaring:: Self: Damn it... *CO*: Sir, we're seeing large power drains throughout the ship. We can't... something has to go, sir. I'm going to drop the shield modifications now that we're out of the worst storms.

 

Tac_Cdt_Darloch says:

::nods back to CO to say I understand::

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

SilverLady: You're damaging the ship, we want a way to let you be here to talk with you without causing harm to the people onboard, do you understand?

 

Tac_Cdt_Darloch says:

Silverlady: If we remove the shielding is there way to feed from the spikes from the storms and not the ship ?

 

OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

XO/ENG: The... woman is trying to drain more power, I'm shutting down one or two non-essential systems.

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

::lightly tugs at her short hair, her mind racing:: *CO*: Sir, can we move her to a shuttle? I think... I think we can hook her up to one, letting her feed off the storms in the shuttle while keeping the shuttle insulated.

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

*ENG*: I'm not sure that would be any good. Is it possible to get a transporter lock on her?

 

Host SilverLady says:

::looks at CO, looks at TAC, can't seem to make sense of what they are saying, doesn't trust them, keeps gathering power, consoles sparking and going dead all around::

 

XO_Lt_Vlor says:

::looks at Ops:: OPS: Would moving her to a shuttle give her enough power to live?

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

OPS: Can we get a transporter lock? ::is doubtful::

 

Tac_Cdt_Darloch says:

Silverlady: If the power drain continues we will die and we both can't learn from each other.

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

SilverLady: We are trying to help you. I'd like to move you back to where you came from, until we can understand how to interact with you safely.

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::shields his face from another sparking console, backing away slightly::

 

Host SilverLady says:

CO: I came from Transporter...  ::appears to be glowing:: CO: Solid is better! Not solid is not alive!

 

OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

XO: I can't say for certain, Sir, but I think so. Either way it'd be better than draining the Bremen's systems. ::taps the console:: ENG: Yes Sir, I have a lock.

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::shakes his head, smiling softly:: SilverLady: Solid is different, not better. Not Solid is safer for you right now, safer for us too.

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

*CO*: Captain, I really think you should consider the shuttle. She'd feed from the ion storms, and, like, not the ship. ::does her best to maintain her concentration::

 

XO_Lt_Vlor says:

::thinking of something:: OPS: Let's work on that now.

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

::looks over to OPS with a mild shock:: *CO*: But we do have a transporter lock.

 

Host SilverLady says:

::panics, whining loudly:: CO: Solid is life... I have no life before. I want to learn... ::looks at him pleadingly as lights flicker all around::

 

OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

XO: Sir?

 

Tac_Cdt_Darloch says:

SilverLady: We don't want to die I'm sure you don't either we want to learn you want to learn can you survive outside of the ship?

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::thinks for a moment, wondering what kind of life that would be. Solid, but stuck onboard 10 square meters of Type 9 shuttle:: SilverLady: If we take you to the planet, where you can be solid, will you still be able to feed from the storms?

 

XO_Lt_Vlor says:

OPS: Yes, Cdt

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

*ENG*: Stand by, Ensign. We're working something out. ::maintains the comm channel so that the bridge can listen in::

 

OPS_Cdt_Inaji says:

::confused:: XO: Er, nothing. Sir. ::looks back down at her console::

 

ENG_Ens_shTolar says:

::shakes her head:: *CO*: I'm cutting the impulse engines, Sir; she's draining too much power. ::shuts down the impulse engines, resorting to thrusters, for all the good they'll do::

 

Host SilverLady says:

CO: I don't know this. I know here, not there.

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::smiles slightly:: SilverLady: That's part of learning. You know here, but not knowing is what drives us to other places. Please...Come with me, to the planet. We'll make sure you have everything you need.

 

Tac_Cdt_Darloch says:

Silverlady: I believe this would be best for all of us to learn from each other

 

XO_Lt_Vlor says:

::handss lide over her console as a thought comes to her mind:: Self: I hope my idea is plausable

 

Host CO_Cmdr_Griffiths says:

::bites his lip, worry etched on his face:: *OPS/ENG*: Prep a shuttle, and prepare to transport.

 

Host SilverLady says:

::keeps a hand on the biobed, looks at TAC, the CO, the TAC again and nods once::

 

 

Host GM_Aoibhe says:

<<<<Pause Mission>>>>

 

 

 

 

Copyright 2014 Star Trek: Engage


© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage