U.S.S. Bremen - 11503.19, Mission #47

"The Right to Fight"


USS Bremen - Stardate 11503.19 - Mission # 47


<GD_Aoibhe>

The Right to Fight, Part 2.



<GD_Aoibhe>

Summary. Regular info unavailable. Will add in later. SD... today, Mission number... 40-something high... The Bremen with new Captain installed, along with some fancy new tech and a contingent of 50 MACOs is set to run a shake-down out to Alpha Proxima.



<GD_Aoibhe>

<<<Resume>>>



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::sits in her Ready Room, scanning yet another padd::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::stands by the new weird looking sundial-like structure in Main Engineering, double checking the phase variance one more time:: Mac: Mac, how's the main deflector?



<AUX_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Steps out of the turbolift onto the bridge, heading straight across it to the RR door::



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::at the ready at her station on the bridge, glancing through some readouts::



<AUX_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Takes a moment to breathe in deeply before ringing the chime::



<GD_Aoibhe>

<ENG_Mac>

CEO: Nominal... ::throws him a thumbs up::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::jumps lightly, blinking to wet her eyes; she'd been forgetting to do so:: AUX: Come in.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::nods back at Mac, adjusting a lever on the QSD::



<AUX_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Steps into the RR once the doors had slid open:: CO: You wanted to talk to me Captain?



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::smiles pleasantly:: AUX: Yes; please, have a seat, Commander. ::motions to the chair across the desk::



<AUX_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Takes the seat offered, and looks up expectantly::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::looks up awkwardly as all power to the drive shuts down::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::flips the lever back and runs around the structure bringing up another lever::



<GD_Aoibhe>

<ENG_Mac>

CEO: Er... did I say "nominal"...? I meant "abysmal"... ::smiles::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::sticks out his tongue::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

ENG: This is still new to me, alright.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::claps her hands together and leans on the desk, thinking for a moment:: AUX: I, uh... I know your position on the ship is complicated at the moment. Still, I was hoping you might be able to give me some assistance while I acclimate to the crew, if you're willing; I won't make you.



<GD_Aoibhe>

<ENG_Mac>

CEO: Did you try turning it off and on again? ::smirks::



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::in sick bay with those untrustworthy biobeds::



<AUX_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Smiles openly at Sumner:: CO: I would be willing to assist you in any way possible Captain.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::turns a dial, returning power to the primary quantum generator whilst grinning at Mac::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::grins briefly:: AUX: Awesome, thank you. For now, I'd like to get a feel for the crew's demeanor. If you could keep your ear to the pavement, so to speak, and let me know what the mood is, that'd help a lot. I, uh... I expect a little trouble, with the MACOs on board.



ACTION: The turboift to the bridge opens, 4 MACOs stepping purposefully out and silently assume their positions at each bridge exit.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::side-eyes those MACOs, yes she does::



<AUX_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Nods in understanding:: CO: I will do my best to keep you updated, without making the crew feel as though big brother is watching.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::points at the main power coupling:: ENG: Oleg, see if you can free up the secondary reserves. If we're doing this, I want the Captain to have her Rak while in flight. No.power.loss. Alright?



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::returns the nod:: AUX: Excellent. Thank you, Commander. Now, let's see if we can complete this jump in one piece, yeah?



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::and they're all so. stern and serious. surely they've got personality under there somewhere? but she tries not to poke around. just ignore them and they'll--well they won't go away, but they'll be less of a bother.::



<AUX_Cmdr_Jameson>

CO: Might I be candid Captain?



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::raises her eyebrows almost imperceptibly, but nods:: AUX: Of course.



<AUX_Cmdr_Jameson>

CO: I'm a little concerned about the upgrades. That we are turning into a war vessel rather than an exploratory ship. And I am also rather sure that other crew members feel this also.



ACTION: 6 MACOs march in two lines into Main Engineering, 3 of them disappear up to the upper level the other three positioning themselves stratgically round the main floor.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::turns around slowly, eyeing the 6 grunts:: Maco: What the fuck?...are those pulse rifles, are you mad? Get them out of here!



<GD_Aoibhe>

<MACO_1>

::stands at attention, rifle in hand, cradled. Watches CEO speak but says nothing.::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::grabs his cane and trots over to the leader:: Maco1: Hey, I'm speaking to you.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::sighs softly, nodding as she sits back in her chair:: AUX: I share the concern. I understand Starfleet's position, of course; they seem all but sure that we'll be at war with the Tzenkethi soon... but, between you and me, I think the MACOs will be the most disruptive part. We're gonna have to keep a tight control on the situation, I think. And, perhaps, an incognito eye... ::she gives the Commander a significant look::



<GD_Aoibhe>

<MACO_1>

::watches Tony, thinks for a moment and raises a hand from his rifle. Goes to pick something off his utility belt.::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

Maco1: A pulse rifle can disrupt a warp core's magnetic field, you idiot. I want them out of here.



ACTION: 5 MACOs pace with purpose into Sickbay, two at each exit and one standing at the doctor's office. All are armed with rifles and stern looks.::



<AUX_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Returns the look to Sumner, with acknowledgement, before standing from her seat:: CO: I'd better get started. No rest for the wicked



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::gets up as well:: AUX: Gonna be a lot of restless nights on this ship. ::waits for Jameson to exit before following her out::



<GD_Aoibhe>

<MACO_1>

CEO: Power cell is kept separate around Engineering. Boss's orders. ::holds out the cell as evidence before returning it to his belt::



<AUX_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Looks over her shoulder to see Sumner following her, and so clains a nearby console ::



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::watches the ones pacing for a while then looks at the one in her office:: Maco: Is there a good reason you are in here?



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::eyes the man angrily:: Maco1: Yeah....well....fine. But your men are a disruption. They can stay outside the doors.



<GD_Aoibhe>

<MACO_1>

CEO: No, sir.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::Steps out onto the bridge, pausing as she gives the MACOs a nod before looking to sh'Hruvek:: CSO: Lieutenant. How are we looking?



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::looks around:: All: This is my Engine room, yes? ::turns his attention back to the grunt:: Out, now.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

CO: Everything's checking out so far, ma'am. I'd say something optimistic, but I believe humans consider that a...'jinx'?



<GD_Aoibhe>

<MACO_1>

::raises a hand to his comrades:: CEO: We stay. We are here to safeguard you and your staff, Commander. Our presense here is authorised. ::looks down at CEO's cane with bored derision.::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::lightly taps her fists together:: CSO: Not this way. Optimist away, Lieutenant.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

<Not this one>



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::breathes through his nose, then turns and taps his badge while walking back to the QSD:: *Bridge*: Main Engineering to Bridge.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

*CEO*: Bridge here. How's the QSD coming, Commander?



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::lightly smiles:: CO: Then I'd like to hazard the guess that this test should go smoothly, and we shouldn't be running into too many bumps along the way.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::tosses the CSO a thumbs up::



<GD_Aoibhe>

<MACO_2>

AUX2: Security.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*CO*: Captain, we're right on schedule here...but can you please order these toy soldiers out of my engine room ?



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

MACO2: It is only me in here. what do you think is going to happen? This is sick bay, not all enemies in here bay. why is there so many of you?



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::sighs softly, letting her hands drop to her sides:: *CEO*: I'd like to, Commander, but I'm afraid their presence is non-negotiable. I'm sure they'll stay out of your way.



<GD_Aoibhe>

<MACO_2>

AUX2: All areas of strategic importance are to be covered. Sickbay is one such area. Go about your duties, doctor.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*CO*: Captain! We're dealing with a lot of new variables here, these grunts are in my way if something happens.



<AUX_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Smiles wryly to herself at Adalberto's comment regarding the MACOs, considering her recent conversation with the CO::



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

MACO2: I can not do that with all of you in here. Nor will I. Some of you must go. Argue amongst yourselves who. I have a bio bed that is squeaking to deal with.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::arrives back at the QSD controls, placing his cane between two pillars::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::rubs her eyes lightly:: *CEO*: They will get out of the way, Commander, I promise. Trust me, I'd accommodate you if I could, but these orders are from the brass. Now, how long until we can jump?



<GD_Aoibhe>

<MACO_2>

AUX2: In the event that we are boarded, you will appreciate us.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::sighs:: *CO*: On your order, sir.



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

MACO2: In the event that we are boarded, I will appreciate you getting out of my sick bay.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::nods and moves to sit in her chair:: aNAV: Set a course for Alpha Proxima. ::calls to CSO:: CSO: Final checks, lieutenant?



<GD_Aoibhe>

<MACO_2>

AUX2: That may be, doctor. But this is how it is. ::stares at a spot over AUX2's head.::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::looks at Mac annoyingly, then back at the controls:: *OPS*: Adalberto to OPS. We're ready here, you good to keep an eye on that phase variance from up there?



<GD_Aoibhe>

<MACO_1>

::smirks::



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

CO: All stations checking in, looking green across the board.



<OPS_Ens_Mor>

CEO: All good here sir. Let'r rip



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::unconsciously grips the armrests:: *CEO*: Engage the Slipstream Drive, Commander.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::wet's his lips, then powers up the main deflector::



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

MACO2: Ooh. ::points at them:: I am down here. In the event we are boarded? And you lose an arm? I might delay just a few moments in tending to you if you look over me like that again.



<AUX_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Wishes that she had something she could strap herself into, rather than be standing at a console::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

ENG: Oleg, bring main power online.



<GD_Aoibhe>

<MACO_2>

::raises an eyebrow 1mm.:: AUX2: And yet, i won't hesitate to defend you to my last breath. ::goes back to staring at the wall.::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::activates the Slipstream drive::



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

MACO2: That is your fault, not mine.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*OPS*: Mor, if that phase variance goes more than 2 microns out of sync, you shut it down.



ACTION: A sound unfamiliar to the Bremen Engineering department pulses through it as the QSD powers up. Lights flicker throughout the ship.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::looks around worryingly:: ENG: IT'S SUPPOSED TO DO THAT, RIGHT?



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::takes a breath and holds it, eyes locked on the viewscreen::



<OPS_Ens_Mor>

CEO: So far we are within operating parameters. Keeping a close eye



<GD_Aoibhe>

<ENG_Mac>

CEO: Lt's hope so! ::shouts over the building noise::



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

<ENG_Dimitriou>

Aloud: Please don't blow up...we just finished these upgrades...



<GD_Aoibhe>

<MACO_2>

::says nothing. Just stands in place by AUX2's office as the lights flicker and the ship shudders::



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::looks up at the lights and taps comm badge:: *CEO:* What are you doing?



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

Oleg: Relax kid! I read the manual carefully ::grins::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*AUX2*: Relax Doc, it's all kosher!



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

Self: I think..



ACTION: Power has built up sufficiently. A control lights up on the conn. QSD is ready to engage.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

aNAV: Let's light this candle!



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

<ENG_Dimitriou>

CEO: You HAVE been on this ship before, right? Things happen...just so long as it isn't time travelling Romulans again.



<AUX_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Wonders when, or if, she is supposed to feel anything when the ship enters slipstream::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::grabs the railing:: Oleg: Kid, I know this ship like the back of my hand. Relax.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::lowers his voice:: Self: Hear that babe? You'll be fine.



<GD_Aoibhe>

<aNAV_Bleet>

::grins maniacally:: CO: Engaging in three...two...



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

MACO2: If I die? You still have to get out. Do not come to my funeral.



<GD_Aoibhe>

<MACO_2>

::lip twitches::



<GD_Aoibhe>

<aNAV_Bleet>

CO: one.. engaging!



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

Oleg: Reserve power on standby!



ACTION: The Bremen shudders an shakes as the QS field forms in front of the ship and Bleet expertly guides them towards it.



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

:: points to the MACO by the door outside her office:: That one can come.



<AUX_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Holds onto her console as the ship shakes::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::looks at the power readouts:: Self: Holy hand grenade...Mac, you see this?



ACTION: The Bremen enters the field and flashes forward as breakneck speed. Lighs flash, alarms go off, sensors go dead, the viewscreen shows nothing at all as systems struggle to cope.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::holds onto the railing as the ship lurches, then stares down at a static sensor image:: All: Report!



<AUX_Cmdr_Jameson>

::Tries hitting the side of the console to get a response::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::blinked and missed it:: Self: Seriously? ::looks to OPS:: OPS: Status report, Mr. Mor.



<GD_Aoibhe>

<ENG_Mac>

CEO: I don't actually think i wanna see, sir! ::looks terrified:: CEO: If people were meant to go this fast we'd be born with warp drives up our butts!



<OPS_Ens_Mor>

CO: Captain, I've got nothing. As of 7 seconds ago I've lost all external readings



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::blinks against the flashing lights, tapping at her console:: CO: Main sensors are gone. We've got some erratic systems being reported through the ship.



<OPS_Ens_Mor>

CO: I guess that being we haven't been atomised speaks to some level of our status though heh Captain?



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

OPS: Let's see if we have comms... ::taps her combadge:: *CEO*: Bridge to Engineering. Report.



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

MACO2: Enjoying the light show and ride?



ACTION: The ship stops bucking like a rodeo bull and all is silence punctuated by the occasional sparking console.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::grabs his cane and hops over to sensor controls:: Eng: Vicky, emergency power to sensors. Try tying in the astrophysics lab!



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*Bridge*: I'll let you know as soon as I know!



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::sighs heavily and sits back down:: All: Guess we won't be using that too often...



ACTION: OPS console receives a hail from SFHQ.



<OPS_Ens_Mor>

Bridge: Incoming hail from headquarters. Coming in on all frequencies



<AUX_Cmdr_Jameson>

CO: A tad emotionally exhausting



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::looks to the useless viewscreen:: OPS: Put it on audio.



<OPS_Ens_Mor>

::Audio only::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

ENG: Mac, anything?



ACTION: A voice comes over the comm.



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

MACO2: Will you at least be useful down here instead of standing around useless?



<GD_Aoibhe>

<AMDM_Bantree>

*CO*: Captain Sumner...



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

*ADM*: Yes, Admiral.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

<ENG_Dimitriou>

::pulls back from the console where he's standing when it fizzles and sparks at him, but bats out a little flame and tries to make something, anything just chill. out. and work.:: CEO: Could have gone smoother, sir, but we are in one piece as far as I can tell.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

Oleg: Screw this, I'm calling it. Power down!



<GD_Aoibhe>

<AMDM_Bantree>

*CO*: You are ordered to proceed at your best pace to the Federation/Tzenkethi border. We have just received Intel from Sigma Rho Station. The Tzenkethi have attacked our outpost. We are at war, Captain.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

<ENG_Dimitriou>

CEO: Aye! ::goes to a less flammable station, calling out and coordinating a shutdown with the other engineers, and damage reports would be fantastic::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::remains silent for a moment, looking around the bridge, including the MACOs:: *ADM*: Yes, Admiral. We took some damage during the slipstream drive test, but we'll be underway shortly.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::looks up, startled. and looks to the captain. they can barely work their new systems, and they're already at war...?::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

All: Damage report on my desk, 15 minutes!



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

*CEO*: Commander, I need an ETA for when we're warp capable.



<GD_Aoibhe>

<MACO_2>

AUX2: Standing guard is useful.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

*CO*: Captain, at this point I can tell you we're still in one piece. I'll have more in fifteen minutes.



<GD_Aoibhe>

<AMDM_Bantree>

*CO*: Be sure you are, Captain. Your orders will be transmitted to you now. HQ out.



<OPS_Ens_Mor>

::Laughs at the CEO's comment:: Bridge: Better than being in 15 pieces in 1 minute I suppose



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

MACO2: Thank you for defending me from nothing, in my office, where only I am. But do you know what would be more useful? ::points at squeeky biobed:: fix that.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

*CEO*: You have an hour to get us warp-capable, Chief; the Tzenkethi have attacked Sigma Rho. We are now at war.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::goes pale:: *CO*: What?



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

*CEO*: Looks like we'll be putting all these guns to use.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::clears his throat:: *CO*: You'll have warp in 30 minutes, ma´am.



<GD_Aoibhe>

<<<Pause>>>



© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage