U.S.S. Bremen - 11503.02, Mission #46

"The Right to Fight"


USS Bremen - Stardate 11503.12 - Mission # 46


<GD_Aoibhe>

The Right to Fight, Part 1.



<GD_Aoibhe>

The crew, with a shiny new Captain in tow, are on a runabout heading towards the Utopia Planetia shipyards and are about to catch sight of the Bremen for the first time in, like, forever.



<GD_Aoibhe>

<<<Begin Mission!>>>



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::sits in the back of the runabout, where the cool kids sit, his cane resting between his legs as he watches out the window, hoping to catch sight of the Martian colony as they near the red planet::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::giggles quietly in a corner in the back of the runabout, looking over a PADD::



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Sits quietly in a corner, considering what station to take on the bridge so that she feels like she has a home::



<GD_Aoibhe>

<NAV_Bleet>

::steers the runabout around a half-built Sovereign Class, dodging a workbee all of a sudden::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

NAV: Hey, easy.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::awkwardly tugs her uniform. it fits right, it just...gives her hands something to do:: NAV: Don't make me come up there and boot you out of the driver's seat.



<GD_Aoibhe>

<NAV_Bleet>

CEO: That WAS easy, sir! ::sounds a little shaken:: CO: There she is, Captain. Coming up on starboard.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::sets the PADD aside and moves to the front compartment, grinning as she watches out the Starboard window::



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Looks over at shHruvek, wondering if her adjusting her uniform was meant to draw Adalberto's attention, having noticed their....well, almost flirting previously::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::sees the Bremen come into view and smiles::



ACTION: The Bremen appears from behind a gigantic array, shining where she's meant to be shiny, covered in ablative armour on the dorsal surface. Nacelles gleaming, paser cannons bristling, registry details newly painted on again.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::smoothes out her sleeves again but then the ship is in sight, and she actually relaxes:: Aloud: It'll be good to be home again.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::takes note of the newly installed components with a heavy heart::



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Glances out of the window, wondering if she's glad or sad to be returning to it, with all the recent negativeness that occurred::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::glances to Tony:: CEO: You saw the refit specs, right?



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CO: Yes ma'am....sir? ::his eyes still glued on the Bremen::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::leans over and whispers:: CEO: Ma'am. ::smirks and lets him enjoy the view, stepping back a bit::



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

CO: The upgrades include a bit more weaponry. I wish they didn't feel it was necessary.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::looks over at his new CO:: CO: Ma'am, I have some reservations about a shakedown cruise without a few days to familiarize myself with these new systems....it's all been thrown together in a very short time.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::takes note of the new nacelle layout::



ACTION: the runabout gets a comm from the Bremen.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::clasps her hands behind her back:: CEO: I don't know about days, but you can have a few hours. Start with the slip-stream drive.



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Looks around to see if anyone is going to answer the comm::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

CO: Hours will have to do, aye Captain. ::nods, then returns his attention back to the window::



<GD_Aoibhe>

<Bremen>

*CO*: Bremen caretaker to runabout Shostakovich... come in.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::looks around:: *Bremen*: Me? Oh... yes, we're here.



<GD_Aoibhe>

<Bremen>

*CO*: Initiating docking sequence now, Captain. Your crew are awaiting your arrival in Cargo Bay Two.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

*Bremen*: Outstanding, thank you.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::picks up his cane and taps Gunther on the shoulder with it:: TAC: Shostakovich to Harlan. Anyone there?



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Wakes from his reverie, looking out of the window and turns to face Tony:: CEO: Hey, yeah.. sort of.



ACTION: The runabout swings wide across the Bremen's bow, giving the senior staff a unique view of her upgrades, before swooping around and landing in Shuttlebay One, alongside the two new Mustang fighers that have been included in the upgrades.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::*now* gets excited, getting close to the window to look at the fighters:: Self: Sweet baby Jesus...



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

Self: Definitely defensive, not an explorer anymore



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

TAC: A lot of new systems for you to try out. Perhaps we can find you a comet or two.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

AUX: Hopefully our missions will still be exploratory in nature.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::is the first one out of the runabout, making a beeline to the nearest fighter, forgetting the whole 'Captain' thing for a moment::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Smiles:: CEO: Great plan! ::Returns to half serious face:: ..for proper systems evaluation, of course.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::overhears Raqiin:: CSO: Don't be so naive kid. Look at her....she's been turned into a ship of war.



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Gives CSO a smile, but it's shadowed:: CSO: Hope is always a good thing to have, even if it doesn't affect anything



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::looks over at Harlan:: TAC: Yes...proper evals, of course. ::smiles as he puts his cane down and stands up::



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Looks over at Tony, and gives him a cynical agreeing glance:: CSO: I would listen to the tin man.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::calls over:: CEO/TAC: No comets. Asteroids... maybe.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::frowns something awful:: AUX: We're not AT war, not yet.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::steps out of the Runabout, taking time to walk down the small steps::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::reaches out to pet the nose of one of the fighters:: Fighter: You're my favourite.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Calmly walks onto the Bremen's deck, at about Adalberto's pace, but looking somewhat absent-minded::



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

CSO: But we are being prepared for one. I miss when we weren't so....favoured. ::Walks out of the shuttle, noticing the Captain patting a fighter as if it were a puppy::



ACTION: Cartaker appears at the door of the shuttlebay.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::sighs and follows out. even if she's more warship than she was before, she's still the Bremen...:: CO: Captain? Maybe we should leave the fighters to the pilots.



<GD_Aoibhe>

<Caretaker>

CO: Captain! This way, if you please. Your crew awaits.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::limps towards the exit:: TAC: You can run along, Chief. I'm fine.



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Moves towards the Caretaker::



<GD_Aoibhe>

<Caretaker>

::disappears out the door and rushes ahead of the senior staff towards Cargobay 2.::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::smirks at sh'Hruvek:: CSO: Once a pilot, always a pilot, Lieutenant. ::looks to the Caretaker, sighs softly, and moves towards the exit:: Caretaker: I suppose it's time to say hello.



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Ensures she stays behind the Captain, showing the proper respect::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Looks up at Tony:: CEO: Hmm? Oh, sure. I was just , yeah.. I have, was, thinking about, things..



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::makes her way towards the Cargo Bay, suddenly feeling a little nervous::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::smiles at Harlan:: TAC: Don't worry, I'm used to it by now.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::arrives at the Cargo Bay::



ACTION: Captain Sumner and her senior staff arrive at the Cargobay. The doors open to reveal lots of familiar, long-missed faces in straight rows, and a contingent of very stern-looking marines. All those assembled come crisply to attention on command.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::looks around, feeling at home::



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Looks up and down the lines of staff, wondering how she fit in there now::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::notices Mac and smiles::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Looks around, feeling very much out of place on this new assignment:: Self: Far too clean..



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::leans in:: TAC: You can always go back to the Bird of Prey ?



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::hesitates only for a moment before before moving towards the head of the crowd, wishing she'd had time to make her hair look more awesome than it was:: All: Wow. You're all here... wasn't expecting to do this face to face.



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

CEO/TAC: Or I'm sure he'll find a way to make this look more like a working ship, not a show ship.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::tries not to frown at the marines. doesn't quite keep it off her face. but at least she looks more like a serious part of the senior staff?::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

TAC: MACOs?



<Caretaker>

CO: Captain. Traditionally, the former Captain would be here to hand over command, but unfortunately, in this instance, that's not possible, so it falls to me. ::smiles:: CO: Captain, I stand relieved of command. The Bremen is yours. ::nods and steps back, allowing CO access to the podium::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::looks around at the weapons carried by the MACOs and decided this is not home, not anymore::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Frowns and nods at Adalberto:: CEO: Exploration vessel, eh..



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::nods::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::steps to the podium and smiles:: Caretaker: I relieve you, sir. ::faces the crowd, taking a deep breath:: CO: Let me start by saying that I am honored to receive command of a ship as fine as the Bremen, and especially her crew. ::glances down at the podium for a moment, wishing a script were before her::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::thinks that the Captain is nothing like her brother::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

<Last to All:>



ACTION: The MACOs stand tall, unmoved by the CO's lovely words.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::braces herself and looks up:: All: There two things you will learn about me in short order. One, I am not the most strict commanding officer. Starfleet is our career, but that doesn't mean it can't be fun on occasion. I look forward to meeting you all personally, and getting to know my crew. You will not be nameless or faceless to me. The second thing you'll learn is that this does *not* mean I don't expect you all to do your



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

Self: Definitely nothing like Henry..



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::straightens up some, spurred on by some unseen inspiration:: CO: We are going to live, explore, fight, and possibly die together. We are a family. This is my one promise to you, as your Captain. ::takes a deep breath:: If you do not have your orders already, you will have them soon. Dismissed.



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Knows what's it's like to be a female Captain in a male dominated command system, Anya gives Sumner the due attention and respect during her speech::



ACTION: The crew, minus the MACOs clap with measured appreciation.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::walks over to where his Engineering crew is assembled, making a beeline for Mac::



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Joins in with measured clapping::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::stays at the podium for a moment, trying to process what she'd just said::



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::also claps! and is disappointed that the MACOs aren't. seriously? this is your captain speaking...:: CO: Congratulations, ma'am. The ship is yours. As is the crew.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::smiles at sh'Hruvek:: CSO: Thank you, Lieutenant. Raqiin, right?



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Stops clapping, and looks around, thinking it might be time to wander up to the bridge, taking in the modifications as she goes::



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

CO: Yes ma'am. Would you like to see your shiny new bridge?



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::hugs Mackenzie:: Mac: Been a while.



ACTION: The lower decks file out of the cargobay and mill as they return to their posts. The MACOs stay standing in lines like action figures on a toy shop shelf.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::eyes the MACOs, glancing to Caretaker:: Caretaker: Who's in charge of the MACOs, Caretaker?



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::checks his padd to see where he's been quartered::



<GD_Aoibhe>

<Caretaker>

CO: Er, you are... but they sort of need direct orders. ::Leans in:: They're ah, em... strict bunch. I kept finding them standing still in corners of Engineering.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::says his goodbye to Mac and his officers, telling them he'll come by Engineering shortly and limps back over to the senior crew::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::sighs softly and nods, moving to stand before the MACOs:: MACOs: Dismissed, to your posts.



ACTION: The MACOs all stomp their boot in unison and file out in arrow-straight lines. Not a single word passes between any of them.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

CO: I hope they aren't going to be too much of a problem.



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Looks over at the MACOs leaving, and wonders what some of them would look like with a smile on their face, and a slight relaxation in their stance::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::limps over to Raqiin:: CSO: Trust me....they will.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::frowns some:: CSO/CEO: I'm sure they'll find a way to be. They won't stay a problem, though. ::nods to both of them before making her way to the exit, heading for the bridge::



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::runs into the room trying to push past the leaving MACO's to get to the bridge:: self: This can't look good.



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Finally gets her arse into gear, and makes the Bridge her determined location::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::notices the cute Doc:: AUX2: Doc. Over here.



ACTION: AUX2 finds the Cargobay all but deserted, the final few crew leaving at an idle pace.



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::spots CEO and goes to join him:: CEO: Anything important I miss?



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

AUX: A most awkward speech, not much more. Has Doctor Swestin transmit my medical records yet?



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

CEO: yes. I had a look earlier, I hear it looks good. I would like to give it a look over when you have the time.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

AUX2: Agreed.



<GD_Aoibhe>

<<<Pause>>>



© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage