U.S.S. Bremen - 11503.05, Mission #45

"The Return"


USS Bremen - Stardate 11503.05 - Mission # 45

<GM_Aoibhe>


<GM_Aoibhe>

The Return, Part 1.



<GM_Aoibhe>

The crew, and their tag-alongs, have made it back to earth where Dori D'aru Nex, a new Captain AND a little surprise are in store.



<GM_Aoibhe>

<<<<Begin!!>>>



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::adjusts her hat, a couple of PADDs stored on her person. never have enough information to take with you!::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::taps her foot rapidly and nervously, sitting in the small lounge at HQ, watching the clock::



<GM_Aoibhe>

@ <SFHQ>

*ALL*: HQ to Bremen crew... Ready to beam down on your command.



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::adjusts her dress a little and settles her fringe::



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::looks around:: *SFHQ*: I believe we're all ready and waiting. Go ahead.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Sits with his eyes closed and concentrates on his breathing::



ACTION: The Bremen Crew is beamed to the main transporter pads at SF HQ in a shimmering blue glow reminiscent of those horrible blue lights they put in the bathroom stalls of inner city Burgerkings.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::stops her foot suddenly and takes a deep breath, finishing off her soft drink before standing up:: Self: Clear eyes, full heart... ::taps her fists together and skips off::



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

Aloud: I hope our...guests adjust well to technology like transporters...



<GM_Aoibhe>

<Transporter Chief>

::in a bored tone:: ALL: Welcome to Starfleet Headquarters... ::sighs:: ALL: Home of Starfleet's brightest and... you get it. ::looks down at the PADD: ALL: Who are you lot, then? ::skims the list of names on his PADD.::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::halts her skipping with a hop in front of Briefing Room IV, runninf a hand through her hair before stepping inside, spotting Admiral Bantree:: ADM: Amdiral. ::stands at attention::



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

TC: Yes yes, we know all about Starfleet. We're the Bremen crew. Sorry, we left our uniforms at home.



<OPS_Ens_Mor>

Self: chuckles quietly



<GM_Aoibhe>

<Transporter Chief>

CSO: Left the deodorant at home too? ::pauses just long enough to make CSO think she should respond somehow:: ALL: Briefing Room IV. They're waiting for you.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Opens his eyes and steps off the pad, nodding at the TR chief before heading through the door::



<OPS_Ens_Mor>

TC: May I shake your hand chief? You're one of a kind



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::narrows eyes, but y'know what? not dignifying any of that with a response. not even a thank you. just going to go to the room indicated::



<ADM_Bantree>

::looks up from her seat at the far end of the briefing table. She rests her PADD on the shining table surface and looks CO over once:: CO: You must be Sumner.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::nods:: ADM: Yes Ma'am.



<ADM_Bantree>

<Transporter Chief>

OPS: Wash your hand first, then we'll talk. ::stays firmly behind his console::



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::leans over and sniffs TAC:: TAC: i think hes talking about you.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::catches up with TAC:: TAC: What an unpleasant arrival. ::and speaking of arrivals, sup briefing room::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Blinks:: AUX2: Likely. ::Shrugs a little as he keeps walking:: CSO: I've had worse. probably a bad day for him..



<ADM_Bantree>

::nods crisply:: CO: Good. A word before your wayward crew arrive... They are an eclectic bunch, seemingly gathered together at random. ::looks as CO stands:: CO: But they are all very talented officers. I simply want you to be aware that conventional command styles may not work with them so well.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::stands at ease, managing not to grin:: ADM: To be honest, Ma'am, I'm a fairly unconventional commander. I'm sure we'll get along fine.



<ADM_Bantree>

CO: You were recommended for just that reason. Sit down, Captain. ::waves to the chair to her right::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::raises an eyebrow slightly at that, but makes her way to the indicated seat::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Stops as he arrives at a closed door, can't think of anything better than to chime the bell::



<ADM_Bantree>

::opens mouth to start quizzing CO but hears the chime:: CO: Your crew has arrived. ALL: Enter!



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::walks into the briefing room with ease, then tenses up when she sees who's there. she nearly drops a PADD getting to attention:: ADM: Admiral.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Steps in and stads at attention, brienfly nodding at the admiral::



<ADM_Bantree>

CSO: Yes. ::has forgotten CSO's name:: CSO: Take a seat, Lt.



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::follows in and stands to attention beside the others::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::looks over the crew present:: ADM: Now I feel like I've overdressed.



<ADM_Bantree>

ALL: Yes, yes, good, you all remember how to stand at attention. ::looks, stunned at the assembled group of pirates. ALL: Not one of you thought to find a replicator on the way to Earth?



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::takes seat as indicated, back straight, though uncomfortable looking despite the comfortable clothes:: CO/ADM: It's been...an eventful few weeks on our forced shore leave.



<ADM_Bantree>

::quirks at eyebrow at CSO. Was that sass she just heard?::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::unzips her uniform jacket about half way, just to fit in::



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::nope! no sass here! never. what sass? just all the truth. someone has to sass in place of the captain...?::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Briefly looks around as he sits down, noticing Sumner and nodding at her briefly, too::



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

:: stays stood where she was, her hands tucked behind her back::



<ADM_Bantree>

ALL: Well, since you are all clearly in in informal mood, I will dispense with the formalities. We have a new Captain for you. Captain Griffiths has been removed from the position and has been replaced with Commander Sumner. ::gestures in CO's direction::



<OPS_Ens_Mor>

::Looks around whilst folding a leg and leaning back...Meh::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::gives a small wave to everyone::



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

ADM: May I ask why Captain Griffiths was removed?



<ADM_Bantree>

CSO: No.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::has a few guesses::



<ADM_Bantree>

CO: Captain Sumner, this is your command staff...



<ADM_Bantree>

::sits back and lets CO take over to introduce herself::



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::glances to the Admiral, and gets to her feet:: All: Well... this is certainly going to be interesting. ::points to the Andorian:: CSO: Lieutenant sh'Hruvek, right?



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::nods awkwardly at CO. this...is not going well...just as expected, really:: CO: Yes ma'am.



<ADM_Bantree>

::nods once to AUX2, finally acknowledging her.::



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::nods once in return, trying a polite smile. It didnt suit her::



<ADM_Bantree>

AUX2: You belong at this table, now, Ensign. Choose a seat and sit in it.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

CSO: I assume there's some kind of reason for the crew's current state of dishevelment; I'd like a report on it before we depart Earth. Do you know where Commanders Adalberto and Jameson are? ::turns to the Admiral:: ADM: Assuming they're still assigned to the ship...



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::hesitates at first before moving to sit with the others::



<ADM_Bantree>

::nods once:: CO: They are. Commander Adalberto is having his leg replaced at Starfleet Medical. Jameson will return to active duty shortly after you take command.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

CO: I imagine she might be helping our colonists settle in, supervising. ::of all the reports she DOES have, 'why we're on indefinite shore leave' is not one of them:: I'll have a report for you by the end of the day, ma'am.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::nods:: ADM: Understood. ::sighs softly and smiles at the rest of the crew:: All: Well... I'm sure we'll have a more formal introduction at some point. I'm Commander Sumner, Yes I'm related to Henry, no I am not as crazy as he is; are there any questions before I send you off to shower and get pretty?



<OPS_Ens_Mor>

CO: Are you related to Henry Sumner??



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

CO: Is he... ::glances at ADM who does not seem to be happy with just about anything with this meeting:: Is he okay? Last you heard, I mean.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::narrows her eyes somewhat at Mor, though she likes the cut of his jib; she looks to the Andorian:: CSO: Last I heard he was mentoring disadvantaged kids in Orion space. He actually seemed kind of happy. ::smiles, pleasantly surprised someone asked::



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::adjusts in her seat watching the greetings and questions::



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::relaxes into a returned smile:: CO: Good to hear. Any idea where we're heading next and when? The last we heard, we weren't going anywhere official for a while. ::with a more deliberate look at the admiral. because 'shore leave'.:: ADM: And may I ask what's going to happen to those colonists who were experimented on?



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::looks to the Admiral, deciding to let her field those questions::



<ADM_Bantree>

CSO: Your concern is noted. They will be handed over to a culturally sensitive team who will work to find a suitable place for them to settle down. But first, they must be assessed thoroughly.



<ADM_Bantree>

ALL: As to your new assignment... Firstly, the Bremen is awaiting you all at Utopia. Get cleaned up, you are to report for your transport to Mars in 6 hours. I suggest you use that time to freshen up.



<CO_Cmdr_Sumner>

::looks to Harlan:: TAC: You, especially.



<ADM_Bantree>

CO: Indeed...



<ADM_Bantree>

ALL: Dismissed. ::turns to AUX2: Except you.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::nods, stands, gives Wren a briefly sympathetic look, and makes to leave. she's got six hours to do so much...::



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::looks up and at the crew before nodding:: ADM: Yes sir.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Doesn't blink at Sumners comment, merely looks at her briefly, nods and returns to his forward attention stare::



<ADM_Bantree>

::turns to AUX2 as the others file out::



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::turns to ADM and crosses her hands in her lap::



<ADM_Bantree>

AUX2: Obviously, your former assignment is now moot. But I have assigned you to this crew permanently nonetheless. I want you to monitor them, deespite Captain Griffiths' hasty exit and I want you to do it in the position of Medical Officer. Is that understood, Ensign Wren?



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Gets up and exits the lounge. As he walks though the corridor, he takes off his vest and shirt and tosses them in the next recycling bin he encounters::



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::surprised as hell, but nods and doesn't argue:: ADM: they have a Medical Officer?



<ADM_Bantree>

AUX2: He's taking an extended leave. You are the next logical choice for the position. Questions?



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::falls silent and shakes her head:: ADM: No sir.



<ADM_Bantree>

AUX2: Excellent, then dismissed, Doctor. Go find your crew.



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::weird being called Doctor again. she stands and nods her head, leaving the briefing room::



<ADM_Bantree>

<<<Pause>>>



© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage