U.S.S. Bremen - 11502.26, Mission #44

"The Second"


USS Bremen - Stardate 11502.26 - Mission # 44


<GD_Aoibhe>

The Second, Part 13.



<GD_Aoibhe>

The crew has been split into two. One group, all humans are on the now rumbling planet, within the mysterious forcefield. Griffiths has been in both a phaser fight, and a hand-to-hand brawl with the locals. No-one ever said diplomacy was his strong suit, eh?



<GD_Aoibhe>

The second group, all non-humans, are in the “belly of the beast”. They are recovering from a fall precipitated by their disrupting the holoprison-ship-thing they are trapped in.



<GD_Aoibhe>

<<<Resume>>>



<Alanna>

@::growls lightly, looking to her warriors to see if they were lucid yet::



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::wearily rolls over:: Aloud: Is everyone all right...?



ACTION: Harlan's wide-beam phaser blast has them all still knocked out.::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

@::Holds up his phaser and checks the area for movement::



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Shakes her head to remove the metaphorical cobwebs, as she brushes herself off from the fall::



<GD_Aoibhe>

@ The ground gently rumbles, an ominous sound at the best of times.



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Gives a quick visual once over to the rest of the group:: CSO: Looks like we will all survive



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Looks around her, her eyes slowly adjusting to the change in light:: CSO: Any idea where we are?

<Alanna>

@::pushes herself to her feet:: TAC: You do not know the forces at play. Surrender; you will have a happy life here, I promise!



ACTION: Team Xeno have landed on the base of the ship. They are in a shell, no floors, no walls visible apart from the outer bulkheads. The space, while not gigantic is still echoey and vast.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::sits herself up and tries to ignore that the room is tilting for her:: AUX: Not a ship's engineer, unfortunately. And we might not have enough acid left to try and dig a hole straight through.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

AUX: I mean, we could TRY, but what if we're up in the air and we dig through the outer hull?



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

@::Sighs and shakes his head a little als he quicly aims his phaser again:: Alanna: I'm not convinced you can keep that promise, your planet seems to disagree..



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

CSO: I think going down might cause us an issue with a hull breach. Up needs to the way we go. I just need inspiration on how to get there.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

AUX: And with the projectors busted, we can't just ask for, I don't know, a ladder. Or a lift.



ACTION: The ship has a bank of consoles to one side. They are blinking gently with little lights.



<Alanna>

@::narrows her eyes, looking at the strange weapon:: TAC: You have angered Ballar; join us, and he will be appeased.



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Looks around again, and focuses on the twinkly lights:: CSO: There. I'm going to investigate!



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::hefts herself up:: AUX: Wait...hold on, I'm coming with. I promise I won't suggest melting anything unless it needs melted. This time.



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Stands up, wobbling slightly, and kind of throws herself in the direction of the consoles:: CSO: I don't think I'll be hard to overtake right now



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

@Alanna: I was just thinking the exact opposite here... ::pauses a brief moment:: Who is this Ballar you speak of, and where does he reside?



ACTION: The ground makes a particularly violent shudder and then continues to shake at regular intervals.

<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

AUX: We just need a way to control this ship. Get the crew, break atmo without getting shot down. Or send a message to anyone in range.



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Reaches the console after a few moments, and looks at it carefully, before tentatively touching some panels::



ACTION: The panel lights up fully.



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

CSO: Looks like touching is appreciated by this console



<Alanna>

@::grunts as she loses her footing, hitting the ground:: TAC: He provides for our village, provided we follow his will. Those who enter the village *must* join!



ACTION: Six more warriors step into a semi-circle behind Harlan.



<Alanna>

@::shouts:: Warriors: Capture him!



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

AUX: Better warm up your hands. Anything look useful? ::hobbles over::



ACTION: The warriors bare their short, stabby swords and lunge at Harlan.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

@Alanna: Like hell you will.. ::Spins around and fires another wide dispersion blast::



<Alanna>

@::takes the opportunity, while his back is turned, getting to her feet and sending her shield flying at the troublemaker, charging in behind it::



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Throws a smile at shHruvek:: CSO: I'll remember that. ::Rubs her hands together, before trying to access the control panel again::



ACTION: Five of the warriors fall, the sixth taking cover before flinging his short, stabby, shining, broad sword at Harlan's chest.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

@::Drops his full weight backwards to the ground, while turning the rifle sideways in front of him::



ACTION: Panel displays a list of controls for the ship's inner workings. A few of the menu options have flashing red icons beside them; propulsion isn't one of them.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::points to propulsion:: AUX: Think that means we CAN do something with it? Since red blinky lights tend to mean bad.



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Fistpumps into the air:: CSO: Yes! We can access propulsion. If we can find out where the rest of the crew are, we can use this ship to get back to them. ::Starts tapping furiously again::



<Alanna>

@::leaps into the air, intent on stomping her feet into the Tactical officer's chest::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

@::Sees Alanna jump high and swings the rifle around, intent on connecting the hilt to his adversary's face::



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

AUX: At the very least, we can make a quick landing, heave everyone aboard, and get out of here. Once again with the not getting shot down hope. What about transporters, are they down? Or maybe...some kind of, I don't know, remote control for the weapons?



ACTION: Propulsion comes online, the controls displayed on the main screen.



<GD_Aoibhe>

<VOICE>

ALL: Desist. Desist.



<Alanna>

@::takes a chunk of fancy future materials to the face, falling away and landing solidly on the ground.::



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

CSO: You think that message is for us? ::Starts to get the ship moving in the direction of the planet::



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

Voice: Oh, go stuff it! ::grinning:: AUX: Maybe we can find a shutoff for that racket after you save the day.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

@::Turns to sit up on one knee, then aims the phaser at where he last saw the sixth warrior::



<GD_Aoibhe>

<VOICE>

ALL: Desist. Desist. Desist! The experiment. Desist interference.



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Stops a moment, and looks over her shoulder:: CSO: We. We save the day.



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

CSO: See if you can find a mute then, while I see if I can find a way to land this bucket. I miss the Bremen already



ACTION: Warrior yells loudly and takes a great dive at Harlan, all heroic-like.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

AUX: You're only just now missing her after dealing with the rusty Klingon crap? ::nudges over and starts fiddling. oh Voice, where, pray tell, is your voice box?::



ACTION: A pulsing noise joins the rumbling of the ground, a deep, low whomph, whomph, whomph...



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

@::Fires at the figure and rolls back to the floor and to his right::



ACTION: Warrior falls flat on hsi face on the rumbling mud, unconscious.



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

CSO: Honestly? There was a time I thought I'd never step foot on her again. And that wasn't a totally unpleasant thought. But this has, well, changed things.



<Alanna>

@::groans and gives her head a shake, pushing herself up slowly::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

@::Frowns at the sudden extra disturbing noise and decides to try his combadge:: *Anyone*: Harlan here, I, ehh, could use a way out of here.. ::Turns back as he hears groans::



ACTION: Harlan's call comes through loud and clear on Jameson's comm badge.



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Looks down at her chest, surprised for a moment, before tapping it:: *TAC*: Jameson here. We are on our way Harlan, as quick as we can. We have...well, commandeered a vessel.



<GD_Aoibhe>

@The land around the mound in the distance begins to rise very slowly and gently as the pulsing sound increases in volume.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

@::Sees his rifle's power source is depleted and reaches for his combat knife:: Alanna: Stay down! *Aux* Hah! Commander! I hope you're somewhere near, the surface seems to be destabilizing repidly down here!



ACTION:>



<Alanna>

@::gets up to one knee, stumbling to her feet, trying to approach the crewman, determined to subdue him before the land tore itself apart::



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

*TAC*: Destabilizing? What did you guys DO down there while we were playing house?



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

CSO: Can you find any transporters on this thing?



<Alanna>

@TAC: You have... to stay. You will destroy us all if you don't!



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

@*CSO*: Long story.. I'll tell you somewhere safer! If you happen to have access to any transporters, there are a bunch of people here with me who might need beaming directly to a brig...



ACTION: The ground slips gradually away from under Alanna's feet, her villagers are out of their houses, screaming and yelling about the shifting soil, and the sacred mound.



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

*TAC* Any ideas on numbers?



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

AUX: Right, right, transport... ::rapidly flits through menu items and hope there's no blinky red indicator next to it::



ACTION: There is a blinky... orange... indicator next to transporters.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

@Alanna: Come away with us then! *Aux*: Several dozen, I'm afraid.



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Looks around:: CSO: At least there is a lot of space to transport them. Any joy?



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

CSO: Looks like we'd be close enough to transport, if you tell me they are working



<GD_Aoibhe>

<Voice>

AUX/CSO: Desist! Desist! The experiment must continue uninterrupted!



<Alanna>

@::cries out as she loses her footing once again, fearing for her people as the mound tears itself apart::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

@::Sighs:: Self: Why so stubborn.. ::Extends his free hand to Alanna:: Alanna: Come!



ACTION: Shining metal begins to appear through the cracks in the earth on the far-off rising mound.



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

Voice: We are asserting our free will. And saving the lives of those who cannot save themselves. Leave us be!



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

Voice: A little late for that, computer. AUX: Well...it's orange? So I'm guessing it's damaged but functional?



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

AUX: But we don't exactly have a lot of choice in using it or not at this point, I'm gonna guess.



<GD_Aoibhe>

<Voice>

AUX/CSO: The experiment is calibrated to progress to phase three once the subjects have reached a high level of technological understanding. Interference is inadvisable.



<Alanna>

@::watches the metallic object, too terrified to do much else::



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

CSO: Harlan seemed pretty adamant. It seems the risk is either leave them to die, or use the transporter and they might live.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

Voice: Once again, a little late for non-interference



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

AUX: Fully agreed. I'll try to get a fix on his badge, and anyone else can get transported to...where we were, if I can wing it.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

@::Into his combadge, trying to speak over the loud noises:: *Aux/CSO*: Are you seeing any of this?



ACTION: CSO's console shows 24 life signs in total, though some of them stutter in and out at random.



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

CSO: Here. Except Harlan. Try and get Harlan to the command centre.



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

*TAC* Nothing. We have nothing except this comm link. We are attempting a transporter lock now



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::focuses on TAC first, then as many groups of non-flickering lifesigns as she can::



ACTION: The ground beneath Harlan and the village begins to crack open, wooden huts collapsing, fires lighting in the thatch on their roofs.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

@*Aux*: Hurry if you can. There's movement down here, not clear if hostile or not! ::Tries to make anything out of the rising object::

<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

CSO: Ready to initiate?



<Alanna>

@::climbs to her feet, using Harlan's body to pull herself up::



ACTION: The earth falls away from the mound in large sheets, masses of earth sliding in giant clods downwards towards the wrecked village.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

@Self: Whoa! ::Grabs Alanna's arm:: *Aux*: Now would be brilliant!



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::nods:: AUX: Better now than never!



<Alanna>

@::clings to the tactical officer desperately::



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::starts transporting--and hopes for the best::



ACTION: A villager falls into a newly opened crack in the ground as the transport initialises.



ACTION: Harlan, Mor and Adalberto (the latter two out cold after drinking way too much hiska), and a twenty villagers materialise on the ship.



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Resists hugging shHruvek in celebration of the transport being successful::



<Alanna>

@::reappears somewhere else, still clutching the tactical officer:: TAC: What... what is this? What happened?



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Sees the transporter static dissipate as he holds on to Alanna's waist:: Alanna: It's alright, you're safe here..



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Smiles over at Harlan:: TAC: Welcome back. Seems like you had a mini adventure.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

AUX: I lost one...but everyone else should be here. Get us away from this planet if you can. ::turns to Harlan:: TAC: Any idea what's happening down there?



<Alanna>

::glances about, realizing they're not alone; she's quick to let the man go::



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Turns back to the console, and slowly manoeuvres the ship towards new co-ordinates, where she's pretty sure a station should be::



ACTION: The earth peels finally away from an admittedly old, but nonetheless fully functional space craft. The surface area of the buried ship encompasses exactly the border of the forcefield, three phaser turrets located at the positions the BoP was fired upon from.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Doesn't look away from Alanna:: Aux/CSO: Not really, it went rather quickly for me.. ::Nods at Alanna:: I believe we have some explaining to do, too.



<Alanna>

::glances to Harlan, then goes back to looking at her surroundings:: TAC: To say the least...



<GD_Aoibhe>

<Voice>

ALL: Experiment has failed. Experiment has failed... Computer records will be deleted in ten.. nine...



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

Self: Shit. ::Starts furiously tapping on panels, uploading as much data to her tricorder as possible::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Sheaths his knife and extends his hand in greeting:: Alanna: The Federation welcomes you.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::whips around and frantically tries to salvage anything, anything at all::



<GD_Aoibhe>

<Voice>

ALL: eight... seven...six...



<Alanna>

::forrows her brow, taking his hand lightly:: TAC: Federation?



ACTION: Ship sets course as per AUX's instructions, to nearest starbase.



<GD_Aoibhe>

<Voice>

ALL: five... four... threeeeeee...twwwooouuuuu........



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Nods slowly:: Alanna: This will take a while..



<GD_Aoibhe>

<Voice>

ALL: one...



ACTION: Planet ship explodes.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

::Blinks::



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

AUX: Did you get anything? Anything worth salvaging?



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Shrugs her shoulders slowly:: CSO: I don't know. Bits and pieces. Some recordings. i'll have to sort through it when we get to the station



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

AUX: Right...right. We should go have a little talk to all those confused people we just beamed aboard in the meantime...



<GD_Aoibhe>

<<<End Mission>>>



© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage