U.S.S. Bremen - 11502.05, Mission #43

"The Second"


USS Bremen - Stardate 11502.05 - Mission # 43


<GM_Aoibhe>

The Second, Part 12.



<GM_Aoibhe>

The crew has been split into two. One group, all humans are on the planet, within the mysterious forcefield. Griffiths and Harlan found an ancient console in a grassy mound, and they've tripped a countdown. Griffiths was zapped and carried by Harlan to Adalberto and Mor who are in the nearby village consorting with the locals.



<GM_Aoibhe>

The second group, all non-humans, are currently digging their way out of the holodeck prison with a water gun, a pen and a knife.



<GM_Aoibhe>

<<<Resume>>>



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Continues to crawl through the ducts, wondering when they will find some kind of room to exit from::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@::kicks and snaps out of his liquor induced dream:: Self: The purple man did it!



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::follows behind the rest of the group through the ducts::



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

@::remains unconscious, dreaming sweet dreams::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@::wipes drool from his chin and looks around for his Captain::



ACTION: Ahead of Jameson, a figure appears, half-hidden around the next turn.



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Notices the figure ahead, and, wishing she had something more, grips hold of the knife::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@::looks around for his crutch and find's it laying by the side of the cot:: CO: Captain?



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Murmers:: ALL: There's someone ahead



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

AUX: Someone? How?



<GM_Aoibhe>

<Young Woman>

CEO: Your chief will be fine. Just get zapped with Balar's fire. ::taps CO on the cheek to rouse him::



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

@::snorts, his eyes opening wide as he gasps in a breath, then lets it out in a curse as he grabs at his wrist:: CEO: Jees-...That hurts!



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@Woman: Who the hell is Balar? ::limps over to the CO's side::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@CO: Glad to see you're alright, sir.



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Holds up her free hand:: ALL: You all stay here, and I'll see who it is. If it's a enemy, you can find another route.



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

@::mutters under his breath, looking at his poulticed hand and wiggling the fingers, then glances down at Tony's leg and supresses his complaints:: CEO: Same. How're you holding up? Is Harlan here?



<GM_Aoibhe>

@<Young Woman>

::laughs:: CEO: "Who's Ballar". Ha! Funny. Everyone knows Ballar is the great one-eyed giant who controls the elements. You're drunker than you seem. ::helps CO sit up::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@Woman: Oh that Balar.....



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

AUX: Don't do anything the Captain wouldn't do.



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

@::gently waves the woman off with polite smiles and assurances of his wellbeing, sitting up and swinging his legs off the bed:: CEO: We have to get out of here. Wherever here is, anyway. Have you been in touch with Xeno-team?



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Resists a snigger:: AUX2: That's not much then.... ::Starts to move her way slowly forward towards the figure::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@CO: I'll be fine sir...Chief Harlan is standing guard outside and he might be in contact....I had to sell my badge for food and rest.



<GM_Aoibhe>

@<Young Woman>

CO: Get out of here? Oh, no. Allana won't allow that. You're here now. ::smiles:: CEO: And just in time. Several of the women in the village need mates. ::looks over at TAC and OPS:: ALL: You're all sure to have your pick, being exotic as you are.

ACTION: Figure stays very still...



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@::smiles politely at the woman:: Woman: Sorry, we're travellers. Don't tend to stick in one place for too long.



<GM_Aoibhe>

@<Young Woman>

CEO: Maybe I wasn't clear. You aren't leaving. Alanna will have the gates closed shut and guarded, now. You live here, now.



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

@::chuckles wryly:: CEO: Well, at least it was worth a bed. ::turns to the young woman, tilting his head slightly:: Allana is the...chieftan...here?



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@::turns around:: Woman: Who the hell do you think you are? We are not prisoners, we have done nothing wrong.



<GM_Aoibhe>

@<Young Woman>

CO: Aye. ::looks him up and down:: CO: She already has a husband, but you're younger. I expect she'll choose you.



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Gets closer to the figure, hoping to discover more about it by closing the distance::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@::looks at Griffiths:: CO: You still have your boom stick yes? ::grins::



ACTION: Figure holds on, remaining perfectly still as AUX approaches...



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Finally reaches the figure, looking it up and down::



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

@Woman: Perhaps another time. ::glances at Tony, feeling the comfortable weight on his hip, and nods::



<GM_Aoibhe>

@<Young Woman>

CEO: I'm the doctor. I don't get a say in how the village is run. Allana and her warriors do that. I am lucky to exist. ::shrugs:: ALL: I'm useful, but not powerful.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@::shakes his head:: CO: I think we can risk it sir.



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

@::gives the woman his best smile:: Woman: Can I have some time alone to speak with my...warrior, here? You can wait outside.



ACTION: To AUX's eye, the figure is no more than a skeleton in a old, Starfleet uniform. The head holds the last remnants of dessicated skin, tinged blue.



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Examines the old corpse, trying to see if there is anything to show who the person used to be::



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Takes a moment to wonder if it is ethical to take one of the sharper looking bones as a weapon::



<GM_Aoibhe>

@ <YOung Woman>

CO: You are kicking me out of... my own... hovel? ::looks at him sideways, before shrugging and pulling herself to her feet:: ALL: Just don't drink all the hiska. ::exits::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@::waits for her to leave::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@CO: Hiska?



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@CO: It's very nice actually....like a smoky bourbon.



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

@::smiles at her until she's gone, then turns to Tony:: CEO: This place is monstrous. They were sent here over a century ago as some sort of cultural separation. No technology, no outside influence and above all no aliens. It's...barbaric. And when we found that out, it kicked off a countdown.



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

@::glances down at the drink, wanting more than anything to take it right now, but needing a clear head he declines::



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Calls over her shoulder:: ALL: It's safe, if you consider finding a very old body safe



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@::nods:: CO: This device you found....I think we need to go back there.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

AUX: Safer than finding someone alive and unfriendly.



ACTION: The corpse has a comm unit in its dried up old skeleton hand.



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Takes hold of the comm unit, before trying to power it up::



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

@CEO: It didn't show much, and shocked me when I tried to find it out. It's a terminal, there should be a central server we need to find.



ACTION: Unit winks once, twice, and comes to life, with a continuous flashing light above a control knob.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@::nods:: CO: I'm not much use to you in the field. ::wiggles his stump:: But I can do something else....create a diversion.



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::moves along the duct:: AUX: a corpse? let me see?



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

@::smirks, nodding:: CEO: I'm pretty sure you could, but I couldn't find a source and I'm not sure where I'd start looking. We might be able to find out something more from these 'Gods' of theirs, though. Do you think there's some real analog to exert control over the population here?



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Shifts ahead so that Wren can reach the body, and gives her attention to the comm unit:: COMM: This is LtCmdr Jameson. If anyone is receiving this, please acknowledge



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

CSO: Completely agreed ::Gives her a grin::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@::shrugs:: CO: I'm afraid they haven't told me much, just cleaned my wounds and put me to sleep....they are also very keen on mating, which under other circumstances would be fine.



ACTION: The comm unit crackles...



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

@CEO: Yeah, they've been conditioned to continue with this sick experiment. ::shudders just a touch::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@::nods::



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

CSO: Think you can get this thing working? ::Gestures to the comm unit::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@CO: I say we get out of here, and find the device. If I can get my hands on it, there's a chance I could shut this thing down.



<GM_Aoibhe>

<Comm Unit>

ALL:It's been... two years, I think. I can't tell anymore. The days seem so long in this prison. I can't tell if they're set to Earth standard, if they're much longer, or if it's all in my head. All I know is that... I'd rather die than spend another day with the others.



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::shuffles along and rears up onto her knees to look the body over:: self: poor thing.



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

@::nods:: CEO: I trust your technical expertise more than mine. Can you make it out there with me?



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

AUX: But he still managed to find a way out. AUX2: How come he didn't make it further?



<GM_Aoibhe>

<Comm Unit>

ALL: I think I've found a way to escape the holo-environment... I'm gonna try and trick the computer, then escapse through the ship somehow. I haven't it all figured out yet... Dorian, Lise, I hope I'll see you both soon. I love you both. Take care of your father."



<GM_Aoibhe>

@ <Young Woman>

::kicks the side of her hut, hissing:: ALL: The warriors are coming!



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

@::narrows his eyes, glancing at Tony and then standing up:: CEO: Let's go and take a look at these warrior. ::slips his phaser from his holster, setting it for a wide-beam on a heavy stun setting - just in case::



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

ALL: Now that was an ominous message. I think we need to keep moving forward. it's better than just waiting. ::Gets back into shuffling position::



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

@::steps out of the hovel ahead of Tony and glances around, narrowing his eyes against the bright light::



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

CSO: Dehydration. had he been carrying water or something, he may have made it. :: gets back down and moves past the body::



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

AUX2: ...Did any of us bring some of that food or water along? Ugh, this place can't be THAT large, it moves around fine within the atmosphere. I thought this would've been only a shuttle, but...



ACTION: Nine warriors, all clad in very little but blue paint and boar's heads stand in a semi circle, Allana at their centre.



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

CSO: no. but we brought the acid guns... what do ou figure these walls are built from?



<GM_Aoibhe>

@ <Allana>

CO: A better specimen that that one-legged creature at least. ::walks over to him:: CO: Now, YOU look like a leader.



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

@::stands at his ease in the centre of the road, his thumbs tucked behind his belt as the woman moves around him:: Allana: Thank you. I could say the same, you must be Allana?



<GM_Aoibhe>

@ <Allana>

CO: I must, indeed. And you would be? ::stepps closer, arcing around CO confidently::



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

@::smiles politely and nods to her:: Allana: My name is Rhodri.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

AUX2: ...Something we could at least test the potency of the acid on.



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::nods and turns, putting her feet up out of the way and aims the acid gun at the wall:: Self: they son't train you for this in medical school. ::sprays the wall::



<GM_Aoibhe>

@ <Allana>

CO: That's a good name. King of Wheels. Your name is a strong one, traveller, but it's time to rest now.



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

@::shakes his head slightly, still wearing an easy smile:: Allana: I'm afraid not. There is much to see, much to be done, and I have my own people to care for. We won't be staying.



ACTION: The wall fizzes and buckles, and begins to flicker, spark and distort. After several moments, it becomes clear the wall was a holodeck barrier, the acid damaging the projectors. The hole reveals holo imaging controls behind it.



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

CSO: It had us thinking we were escaping.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

Aloud: ...Clever ship.



<GM_Aoibhe>

@ <Allana>

CO: Your people are now my people. ::rests her hand on his shoulder lightly:: CO: We have need of men like you to strengthen our number. You are welcome here, you will be respected. No less a King of Wheels for staying and being my consort.



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

CSO: you think you can work this? ::gestures to controls and moves out of the way::



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

@::glances slowly at her hand, his demeanour suddenly turning cold before he looks back and stares into the woman's eyes. She had strength, confidence, but perhaps too much:: Allana: My people are their own. We'll be leaving.



<GM_Aoibhe>

@ <Allana>

::leans in, lightly brushes her lips across his ear, before turning back to her warriors:: CO: You won't survive.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

AUX2: I'm not much of a techie, but... Part of me just wants you to keep spraying and short everything out. If we kill the projection, we should be able to just find our way out, the damn door, from there, right?



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

@::lets a ghost of a smile touch his lips:: Allana: I wouldn't be so sure, I make a habit of it.



ACTION: The nine warriors tense and grip their pikes and short swords.



<GM_Aoibhe>

@ <Allana>

CO: Submit, or perish... ::strolls off, leaving her assorted warrior thugs to move slowly towards CO::



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::nods and sprays on the controls with the acid::



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

@::almost idly he draws his phaser, sweeping it across in front of him with the trigger depressed::



ACTION: The Nine dive this way and that, yelling "Ballar's fire!" and "he's cursed!" as Allana watches her bodyguards fall one by one.



<GM_Aoibhe>

@ <Allana>

::grabs a shield from one of her unconscious men, throws her cloak off and descends on CO with fury:: CO: You resist?! You defy the will of the gods?! How dare you!



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

@::flicks the settings back down to single fire, shifting his stance to something more secure as he holds the weapon ready in front of him:: Allana: Take your men go, Allana!



ACTION: The controls spit and pop as they melt, the entire hologrid flickering in and out of sight.



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::looks around and sprays more on the controls::



<GM_Aoibhe>

@<Allana>

CO: Your actions threaten us all, fool!!! ::swings at him, with the shield boss aimed at his skull::



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

@::drops low below the wild swing, waiting for it to fly over his head before he pushes himself forward with all of his strength, arms going to wrap around her wait to dump tackle her into the ground::



ACTION: The hologrid gives way completely, sending team Xeno falling fifteen feet onto the bare floor of a very large and empty space that is prickled along its curving walls with sparking holo-technology.



ACTION: CO and Allana tumble to the dirt road.



<GM_Aoibhe>

@ <Allana>

::grabs a rock with her free hand and swings at him, growling with mixed fury and fear.:: CO: Submit, I said! Submit, damn you!



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::screams as she falls and wheezes when the air in her lungs is knock out in her fall::



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

@::tries his best not to hurt the woman too much, struggling with her as she swings the rock and lifts his arm to deflect, avoiding the blow to his head but taking a sharp crack on his forearm:: Allana: I can't, Allana! Stop this and go! ::reaches around with his other arm, gripping for her wrist to twist her arm::



<GM_Aoibhe>

@ <Allana>

::yells in pain, glares at CO before whispering:: CO: You've doomed us all...



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::great, as if she wasn't dizzy enough, a long fall and a bang when they hit the floor--should've suggested they climb back down...::



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

@::pushes himself to his feet with his bruised and battered arm, supressing a wince as he drags her up with him:: Allana: Your Gods won't harm you. Go and live your life, may it be a long one.



ACTION: The ground begins to rumble...



<GM_Aoibhe>

<<<Pause>>>





© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage