U.S.S. Bremen - 11501.29, Mission #42

"The Second"


USS Bremen - Stardate 11501.29 - Mission # 42


<GM_Aoibhe>

The Second, Part 11.


The crew has been split into two. One group, all humans are on the planet, withing the mysterious forcefield. Griffiths and Harlan have found an ancient console in a grassy mound, and they've tripped a countdown. Adalberto and Mor are in the nearby village consorting with the locals.



<GM_Aoibhe>

The second group, all non-humans, are currently trying to talk their way out of the holodeck by way of a very cunning plan...



<GM_Aoibhe>

<<<Resume>>>



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

@ ::slips his phaser back into his belt as he tries to clean more from the console::



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Looks at the small stash of electronics in front of them, wondering how it could be utilised::



ACTION: The countdown continues cheerfully



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

@ ::Studies the countdown clock:: CO: This thing worries me..



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

TAC: You're not the only one. I don't think it's a self destruct, it'd be odd to give a message of hope to these people then kill them.



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

:: observes the items with one of the old books in her hands::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@::massages his thigh as he sits by a fire::



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Tries to wrangle some wiring out of some of the equipment::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@OPS: Stop looking so fidgety.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

@::nods:: CO: True. Still, I've got a strange feeling about it. ::looks around:: Could it have something to do with the others?



<CO_Capt_Griffiths>

@::frowns down at the console as he tries to glean some sort of information from it:: TAC: Possible. See if you can find out where this console connects, if there's a central processing unit we can find.



<GM_Aoibhe>

@ <Alanna>

::walks up to CEO and OPS. She's wearing a well-made cloak over her more elaborate shift dress. Soft leather boots and a metallic belt:: OPS: You are in charge I assume? ::glances down at CEO, taking in his missing leg::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@::looks up, still massaging his stump:: Alanna: I am. Name's Tony.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

@::Nods at Griffiths and moves around to the back of the console, checking for wiring::



<OPS_Ens_Mor>

Alanna: Well that um depends on what i'm supposed to be in charge of, hehe



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@OPS: She was talking to me, sparky.



<GM_Aoibhe>

@ <Alanna>

::laughs a little at CEO:: OPS: He's funny... I hear you're here to trade. ::looks out the longhouse door:: OPS: I don't see your wares.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@::flips his palm around, showing a golden commbadge:: Alanna: As pure as you can get it.



<GM_Aoibhe>

@ <Alanna>

::eyes flicker over the comm badge:: OPS: Room and board for the night, plus a hot meal for your people.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@Alanna: Three nights, don't get cute with me.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

AUX: Need any other tools?



ACTION: A zap of electricity shoots out from where the CO is fiddling with the console and throws him backwards into a grassy bump. He's out cold::



<GM_Aoibhe>

@ <Alanna>

CEO: You speak out of turn, half man.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

@::Wipes away some soil around the base of the console and is suddenly startled at the flash above him:: CO: What the f... oh crap. ::Moves over to Griffiths and checks his pulse::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@::grins:: Alanna: I don't care. Do we have a deal?



<GM_Aoibhe>

@ <Alanna>

::loosk at OPS, who seems very quiet, and shrugs:: CEO: Two nights. That is all you'll get. And you all share a room. If I must deal with a cripple, I'll not concede more than that.



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

CSO: I barely know what I'm doing myself, so I may have too much or not enough!



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@Alanna: Two nights, and a doctor. And if you're nice, you get to spend the night too.



<OPS_Ens_Mor>

Alanna: Who you calling a cripple? I'm sure he can show you a thing or two



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

AUX: Then let's hope for too much. ::goes over to the screen on the wall::



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

CSO: Lets start by exposing the electrics on the television



ACTION: CO is breathing, has a nasty burn on his hand where the electricity escaped his body.



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

AUX: Anything we can do? ::gestures to MED::



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

AUX2/MED: Maybe scavenging around, seeing if you can use anything for weapons, just in case we are successful in getting out of here



<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::suddenly pays attention:: AUX2: Don't involve me. I've no technical know-how. Out with my own equipment, that is.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::feels around the edges of the screen to see if there's an edge she can pry off::



<GM_Aoibhe>

@ <Alanna>

OPS: Now you speak... You are a strange people. ::turns to CEO:: CEO: Two nights, and a doctor... But only because today is Founding Day, and I'm in a good mood. ::glares at CEO, the OPS and holds out her hand for the comm badge::



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

AUX: You dont think it'll give us weapons if we ask? ::she shouldn't make jokes::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@::flips the disables commbadge up for her to catch::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@OPS: Give me a hand sparky.



ACTION: CSO finds a little bracket to the side of the television.



<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

AUX: She's got a point.



<OPS_Ens_Mor>

CEO: You got it boss



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@::grabs his shoulder and starts after Alanna:: OPS: And keep your commbadge out of sight, we might need it later.



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Shrugs, as she finally thinks she had a power booster put together, but with no surge protector:: AUX2\MED: Feel free to try



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

MED: We could give asking a try? If it says no, we could look around?



<GM_Aoibhe>

@ <Alanna>

::catches it, turns and leaves to organise the feast tonight. Fiddles with the comm badge and attaches it to her cloak, using it as a fastener.::



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::hmm if she can get a finger in there, she might be able to get some leverage to tug it loose...::



<OPS_Ens_Mor>

CEO: Oh trust me I don't want to give that harpy any more shiny things to play with



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::limps alongside Mor:: OPS: Hah....hey, did you bring a tricorder before HAL9000 here took over?



<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

AUX2: Sure. Go for it.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

@::Bandages the captain's burn with a piece of torn cloth and makes sure he's in a stable position, before turning to the console with a frown:: Console: Alright, two can play that game.. ::moves back to the back of the console and looks for a way to pull the plug on it::



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::looks around:: Voice from beyond: I wish to make sport of the doctor, could you acquire us some weapons?



<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::frowns slightly:: AUX2: Loving your delivery, Ensign.....



ACTION: TAC finds that the console is flush inside a smooth metallic surface. There is no plug, no way to pull it out of the ground.



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

MED: I am not going to tell it we wish to defend ourselves should we escape.



ACTION: AUX2's request is furnished with water pistols. The really good super-soaker kind.



<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

AUX2: Good point. Although I think the universal translator comes as standard.



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::shakes head:: self: i said weapons not toys. i suppose we could bludgeon them.



<GM_Aoibhe>

@ <Young Woman>

::steps in front of CEO and OPS:: CEO: If you'd bargained with me, you'd have got more, you know... c'mon, the healer is this way... ::trots off, her bare feet skipping along the uneven ground::



ACTION: CSO feels the television shunt a little to the side.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

::smiles as he looks at her walk away:: Young Woman: What was your name again?



<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::shakes his head:: Voice: I require a useful tool. Please provide me with a penknife.



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

MED: I was out of good ideas after the television and PADD.



<GM_Aoibhe>

@ <Young Woman>

CEO: Didn't tell you. ::smiles as she turns back towards CEO:: CEO: There's power in knowing a person's name. What's yours? ::grins::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

@Self: Okay, nothing to go by, eh. Well, fuck it... ::Turns back to Griffiths, slings the phaser rifle over his shoulder, hoists the captain up over the other one and heads back to where he last saw Adalberto::



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

::puts a little more oomph into pulling::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@Woman: They call me Tony. ::grins::



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

CSO: I think I have something rigged, once you have that exposed. But the rest of you will have to stand back when i do it/



ACTION: MED gets a pen, and a butter knife.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

@::Hits his commbadge:: *CEO*: Tony, you there?



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

@::Slowly moving back up the road::



<GM_Aoibhe>

@ <Young Woman>

CEO: Hi, Tony. ::waves him into a small stone hut at the entrance to the village.:: CEO: In here. ::steps in, sits down at a small fire pit::



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

MED: That is almost as bad as water pistols.



ACTION: TAC's comm doesn't make it to CEO.



<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

AUX: Maybe that universal translator's the problem. Or the voice is drunk. I'd wager the latter.....



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@::follows in with Mor, hopping to a seat by the pit:: Woman: So what do you do around here? Let me guess....blacksmith?



<GM_Aoibhe>

@ <Young Woman>

CEO: I'm a healer, not a blacksmith. So, what seems to be the trouble? ::settles herself onher little reed cushion::



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

MED: Ill wager the translator is as old as these books.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

@::Gets only static:: Self: Figures... ::continues up the road::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@Woman: Well....I had an accident. My...prosthetic broke and hurt my leg. I need to get it cleaned and sterilized.



<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

AUX2: You're probably right.



<CSO_LtJG_shHruvek>

AUX: Help me pull this thing.



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

MED: That knife could come in handy? and take the nib out of the pen and that to the neck could be painful



<GM_Aoibhe>

@ <Young Woman>

CEO: Your pros-what? ::grabs a handful of leaves from a basket, a large mortar and pestle and starts grinding:: CEO: Stir that pot while you're just sitting there being idle, will you?



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Puts the device carefully on the floor, and heads over to shHruvek, and gives assistance::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

@::Sighs under the Co's heavy weight, but presses on and taps his badge again, trying the next in line:: *OPS*: Harlan to party.. Anyone there?



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@::grabs a large wooden spoon and stirs the pot slowly:: Woman: Peg-leg.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@Woman: Sorry, I'm from the west.



ACTION: the television set lurches, groans and pops off the wall, revealing bare conduits behind.



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

CSO: Looks like teamwork is the way forward



<GM_Aoibhe>

@ <Young Woman>

CEO: I expect you got a frosty reception from Alanna, then. She's very traditional. ::grinds the leaves to a pulp, spits in it and continues to mix:: CEO: Take care with her.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@Alanna: Her? She's a sweety. ::winks:: I can handle myself, don't worry.



ACTION: OPS hands his badge to CEO, comm to TAC still active.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@::looks at her spit in the bowl, then up at Mor and snatches the commbadge before the young woman sees it:: OPS: High five.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@::taps the badge three times fast, setting it to transmit only:: Woman/*TAC*: so this village, eh.....cute. We're where in it exactly?



<GM_Aoibhe>

@ <Young Woman>::adds something that looks like beer, golden, opaque, a little bit foamy... let's hope it's beer... to the mix::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@::makes a face as she continues mixing, really appreciating Tomesu about now::



<GM_Aoibhe>

@ <Young Woman>

CEO: in... my... hut? ::looks at CEO funny::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

@*CEO*: Tony! I've got an unconscious captain and a unexplained mound... ::hears the audio and pauses::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@Woman/*TAC*: Nice hut...it's what, 300 meters in from the where I entered....nice location. I love the wooden framework.



<GM_Aoibhe>

@ <Young Woman>

CEO: I'm the healer. I get the healer's hut. That's why it's so sturdy. No wattle walls for me. ::smiles:: CEO: It's cozy. ::looks up at CEO, then to the oddly silent OPS:: CEO: But it gets lonely at night. A girl could do with a few men to keep her warm.



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

@::Listens intently as he moves to said entrance with his deadweight burden::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@::smiles:: Young woman: I bet there's a lot of men waiting to get your call...or bell, or whatever....so, I guess that's not dessert you're mixing?



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Goes and picks up the device:: AUX2/MED/CSO: Collect up your weapons. Stand back. If this takes me out, leave me behind and save the others. Come back for me later



<AUX_LtCmdr_Jameson>

::Waits until she is told the others are at a safe distance::



<GM_Aoibhe>

@ <Young Woman>

CEO: Nah... I deal with disease. No-one wants to stay here for too long, in case they catch something. I'm at the entrance to the village on purpose. ::reaches over and takes a gentle hold of CEO's leg:: CEO: Lemme see...



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::grabs one of the water pistols and hits it against the ground until it breaks, leaving the material sharp::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@::rips his trouser leg open, revealing the stump of his leg:: Woman: Be gentle. ::smiles::



ACTION: Liquid spills out of the pistol onto the ground, the ground starts to hiss and froth.



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::jumps back.::



<GM_Aoibhe>

@ <Young Woman>

::smears the green goo on the CEO's open wound:: CEO: This will sting...



<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

::sees the ground froth:: AUX2: Whoa, careful there.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@::let's out a hiss::



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

self: well. ::grabs one of the others and sprays the ground with it to see if it was filled with the same stuff::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@Woman: You sure you're not the blacksmith?



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

@::Limps into town, looking for a hut that fits Tony's description::



<GM_Aoibhe>

@ <Young Woman>

CEO: Trust me, you do not want the blacksmith fixing this. He likes to firebrand things way too much for my liking... ::hands him a cup of something from the pot he was stirring:: CEO: This'll help with the pain. You ever drink "hiska" before?



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

@::Wonders if he should even consider entering said hut, with all the smooth talk there..::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@::rubs his chest, where Andrew and Tomesu had branded him earlier:: Woman: Nope. ::swallows all of it::



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

@::Sighs deeply as he puts Griffiths down next to the side of the hut, then straightens his back, which cracks loudly several times::



<GM_Aoibhe>

@ <Young Woman>

TAC: Come in! I can hear you shuffling about out there, you know.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@::looks over at the entrance and hears the woman's voice echo and quickly taps the commbadge off::



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

MED: I'm glad I didn't spray you with this.



<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

AUX2: YOU'RE glad......



<TAC_CW3_Harlan>

@Young Woman: I know, I was just trying to knock first, but anyway.. ::Lifts the captain up again and steps though the door::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@::looks up:: TAC: Chief! What happened?



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@::looks at the Captain:: TAC: Is he...?



<GM_Aoibhe>

@ <Young Woman>

::wraps up CEO's leg in some well-worn but clean strips of linen. Hands him another cup:: CEO: Drink, sleep. You'll feel better soon.



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@::accepts the cup:: Woman: Thank you...::grabs her hand:: Really....



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@Woman: That's my...chieftain over there, hurt. Can you please help him ?



<AUX2_Ens_Wren>

::shrugs:: MED: Hopefully it'll work with whatever's on the other side of the wall. you should grab one.



<GM_Aoibhe>

@ <Young Woman>

::looks up at TAC, smiles at the appearance of a third handsome man and nods:: CEO: I'll help your chieftain. TAC: Bring him in, if you can find the space for him.



<MED_Ens_Tomesu>

AUX2: And you thought you were out of ideas for the day ::grabs a super soaker::



<CEO_LtCmdr_Adalberto>

@::feels drowsy and leans back in the seat:: TAC: Chief....you take first shift.



<GM_Aoibhe>

<<<Pause>>>




© 2013-2014 Star Trek: Engage All Rights Reserved - All transcripts are property of Star Trek: Engage